Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
I am in the morning
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#1 Posted: 00:48:12 05/12/2018 | Topic Creator
I got bored earlier and decided to run a song through Google Translate, it lagged out when I tried the whole thing so I tried doing it in segments. The song was already divided into five chapters anyway but I had to split it up further into verses/choruses and **** too. Anyway here's how it turned out - chapter titles were included in the translation too, C1 is "I love you" and C2 is "[b]":

Quote: 1
I love you

name

Da
operation
help
I am in the morning
I work hard.

Quote: 2
[b]

help
group
Higher level

management
musics
Here is the question

food

It is not
pressure
Yes
All else
success
Part II
Yes
God, this is his tradition.
pressure
Yes
All else

I can not go home.
Yes
I do not know
He says:

main
Hey you
It works
size

Browsing

It is not
pressure
Yes
All else
success
Part II
Yes
God, this is his tradition.
pressure
Yes
All else

The original song is The Poet and the Pendulum by Nightwish although it's completely unrecognizable now. For the first segment (I love you) I put it through every language in alphabetical order and added a Chinese/Japanese/Korean translation whenever I reached a new first letter (e.g. on Danish and Samoan), as well as an extra Chinese at the beginning and Japanese at the end. Because this took even longer to do I took this out for the following segments except Japanese at the beginning and end because I've heard it (as well as Chinese/Korean) ****s up the translation more, since I'm a weeb I chose Japanese. I'd estimate each full translation took about half an hour which means I wasted two hours of my life on this.

~O~O~

As for the lyrics, the original was quite a melancholic piece about a depressed poet, I dunno what Google made of it though. Looks like it's about some guy going to his day job at an office? It also begins with "I love you" which I initially thought referenced him falling in love but on closer inspection I think he just really likes his job. Like, a lot.

I'm pretty sure chapter two's opening line is intended to reference to cult classic meme of the same name. He then mentions that he works in music and wants to reach "Higher level" so perhaps he wants to incorporate memes into his business strategy. This may become an ongoing conflict throughout the story since he mentions that it "is the question" which means he is unsure if memes are a good idea. Next is his lunch break.

We reach the chorus. He says that it is not too much of an ordeal - "It is not pressure" which he confirms with a simple "Yes". He then talks about how everything else is about success but doesn't mention his conflict of whether or not to fuse memes with music, so maybe this conflict goes beyond just wanting to be successful.

Interestingly the chorus has two parts, he opens p2 with another yes and proclaims that he is religious by stating that it is God's tradition that all else results in pressure. Considering that he previously mentions all else equals success then I believe this brings a whole new level to the story. Perhaps he wants to stop worrying about success and focus on a more simple business strategy i.e. memes?

But the story is not over yet. I can not go home, he says. Yes. He is still unsure if his idea will work but... his coworker tells him, "Hey you, it works!" That's the main part of what he's told anyway. Next our protagonist must decide on the size of the memes to use or whatever that means. He is "browsing".

Chorus again. He wants not success but instead a calm and steady mind within his workplace where he will now attempt to incorporate memes into his business strategy.

~O~O~

Thank you for reading this trash and even if you hated it just be thankful you didn't lose two hours of your life that you won't ever get back.

Edit: I know I'm going to regret this sooner or later. At some point in my life I'm going to think back on this exact moment and reminisce on why I didn't do something better with my time.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:49:36 05/12/2018 by Buchi
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me