Page 1 of 1
They RUINED skateboarding
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#1 Posted: 00:48:40 24/11/2018 | Topic Creator
Anyone else having an incredibly hard time with the skateboarding levels? It took me what felt like 40 times to finally get the skill point in Lost Fleet.

Spyro has his stupid "wing flap/hover" thing now with the board and it's making it near impossible to land complex tricks and get your boost meter up. What's more, the board keeps getting caught on various objects like the ramps and random things.

After retrying the high score in Lost Fleet SO many times... it slowed down my game. Literally. My game is super low framerate after that. I figured it'd fix itself once I left the level... nope. It's permanently slow now.

Part of what made the original skateboarding levels so fun was the way Spyro defied physics to control the skateboard... it was easy to land tricks... now it's difficult.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#2 Posted: 00:54:08 24/11/2018 | Topic Creator
I had to restart my game to fix the frame rate issue. I guess all the tricks and fire boosts and restarting the race overloaded the game.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#3 Posted: 01:06:00 24/11/2018
Can a patch fix this?
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#4 Posted: 01:11:58 24/11/2018
An easy trick to get through the skateboarding skill point in Lost Fleet is to hold up and left, then let go after Spyro rolls three times. If you've done it right, the bar will be filled entirely every single time. Also, the lag thing is a very common glitch with that minigame specifically. It's horrid, but thankfully it doesn't take too long to restart the game in order to fix it. Hopefully they patch it ASAP.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:12:26 24/11/2018 by Clank
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#5 Posted: 01:43:10 24/11/2018
Skateboarding was blatantly unfinished and they took some shortcuts with it (instead of giving it actual momentum that effects jump height, the game checks your velocity when approaching a jump ramp, and selects your height and distance jumping off the ramp based on what velocity check you met out of the small amount of set values). The general physics are also pretty borked, if you stop spinning mid-jump, you can get Spyro to do things like a full 90 degree turn in mid-air. This caused me quite a few bail outs in the Lost Fleet mission where I was doing a few quick flips to build some meter but because I stopped spinning a teeny bit early, instead of simply not filling the meter, it sends me flying off the edge when I was flying perfectly straight ahead. The skateboarding sections also have really unfinished collision, you can do everything from go up walls you shouldn't be able to, and get stuck flying along the sides (the latter I actually used to my advantage to take shortcuts in the Super Bonus Round, but it also happened unintentionally a lot, which is annoying).

Caddicarus showed off a pretty great example of it in his video of the game.

[User Posted Image]
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#6 Posted: 03:12:39 24/11/2018
I just sent another email to TFB asking to fix the skateboarding in a future patch.
foxotic Red Sparx Gems: 11
#7 Posted: 22:33:03 29/11/2018
Whats their email?
#8 Posted: 22:54:29 29/11/2018
Quote: foxotic
Whats their email?

I don't think we're allowed to share email addresses here.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me