darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > what would be your dream Skylanders 7
Page 1 of 1
what would be your dream Skylanders 7
cookieeater Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#1 Posted: 15:16:46 19/11/2018 | Topic Creator
honestly just for me it would be the return of battle mode+online battle modes and remove the nerfs of all the characters that got nerfed in imaginators
---
my fursona is a hot dog
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6332
#2 Posted: 15:26:22 19/11/2018
spider skylander and sand skylander

honestly anything else is asking too much of Activision at this point
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 4109
#3 Posted: 18:39:57 19/11/2018
Toys for Bob making a Skylanders game without toys since "Toys genre" is dead (you can unlock characters with DLC, better concept),the gameplay is like Spyro (since they worked on Spyro Trilogy) so it's an almost open world game (maybe with online? Where you meet other people? They could use the RPG Ring of Heroes concept), in the end you can use your old characters called "Legacy Characters" by plug-in your old portal and putting the toys on it and unlock them all in the game
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
cookieeater Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#4 Posted: 04:20:14 20/11/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Buuzer
Toys for Bob making a Skylanders game without toys since "Toys genre" is dead (you can unlock characters with DLC, better concept),the gameplay is like Spyro (since they worked on Spyro Trilogy) so it's an almost open world game (maybe with online? Where you meet other people? They could use the RPG Ring of Heroes concept), in the end you can use your old characters called "Legacy Characters" by plug-in your old portal and putting the toys on it and unlock them all in the game

yo I love your videos man
---
my fursona is a hot dog
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#5 Posted: 23:06:48 20/11/2018
Quote: Buuzer

Perfect.
SkylandrPurists Gold Sparx Gems: 2590
#6 Posted: 00:49:22 21/11/2018
I really don't know what my dream Skylanders 7 would be, tbh. I can find any way imaginable to make like smilie and just roll with it.
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1473
#7 Posted: 22:51:09 23/11/2018
I would share it, but I feel like it would be very extensive here. Could maybe write it on a specific topic, but here's what I ask of...

15 characters.

10 Semi-gimmick characters, 5 are cores. Maybe have Banjo and Kazooie as the guest star for Xbox and Switch.
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2529
#8 Posted: 20:54:35 29/12/2018
I think I would like to go back to basics. Maybe a game with 1 core character per element, no remakes. So 10 new faces and a greater open world feel to the game. Choices in the chapters so they all need to be replayed, and the character based challenges return along with pvp.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#9 Posted: 10:15:06 16/02/2019
You don't need to make a grand, big, new adventure.
The series should have gone back to its roots, honestly- declutter lore, make YOU as a Portal Master important (cut the "hey Skylander!" bull**** from NPCs), stop trying to add specialty classes of Skylanders, go back to the dungeon crawler feel and original aesthetics (complicated to summarise...), stop putting in more platforming and puzzles (these play the same with every character... bad! They should be used for pacing purposes, not as meat of the game), and focus on making 'landers feel distinct, important, and with a great sense of progression. Focus should sharply be on the Skylanders, making the game highly replayable, and great art.
... Although you can't sell this like VEHICLE FANTASY in five seconds to kids and daddy Acti so I'm not saying that was squarely the devs' decision.

I've said what I'd like for Sky7 on another topic here... about what Imaginators should have been? So, I'll talk about my ideal entry...
SA. With some mods.

Seriously, SA is basically what a 'landers game should be, they got things right the first go around- but if you're talking DREAM game, just take it and add

• Difficulty options.
  • Path switching.
  • Ability to reach Level 20. (+HP per level is halved so level 20 ends with the same max HP as vanilla, the vanilla HP distributions just feel good imo. It's a bit of a nitpick but I feel like they started to look messy in SF. And sure it's less satisfying to gain less HP, but eh feel like you already don't get that much of a kick from it, and going back to your HP cap and killing anything that comes in contact as you level up is plenty satisfying and much more important. Also this is mainly here because you hit level 10 well before you finish all the Heroics in vanilla, which is really stupid and unsatisfying.)
  • The 18 extra Heroics from Giants. (Heroic stat distributions are... redistributed to hit the same cap as in vanilla SA, because I don't know how to rebalance the existing stats, and again I feel like they just feel good.)
  • Flora hidden in each Heroic. The ones from Universe. Find and eat one and your Hero Level goes up by 1. +1 HP per Hero Level. So this is no longer an unused, nor useless, stat.
  • You can also buy the Flora from Auric so he's no longer a useless character. And if you did some Heroics and missed some, or don't want to do them in the first place, or want the HP boost before going into those, just buy them.
  • Additionally add a customiseable side hub- Your Skylands! Again taking inspiration from Universe, this would have the assets from there fully modelled placeable etc... Freer customisation etc. and of course more assets, but this would give that lovely Universe art a real home and add a really fun side thing and add to the feeling of YOU being in Skylands and being important and having your place there.
  • Earn more pieces for Your Skylands by spending Gold and finding Legendary Treasures.
  • BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE; in Your Skylands you can MAKE CUSTOM LEVELS and share your hub or those levels (via SD card for Wii, or online, or USB, whatever, I really just thought of this for the Wii version, and you can obviously use the SD Card for that)
  • Also you can get random raids on Your Skylands, and or maybe enter a dungeon with randomised properties there, for randomised level fix
  • PVP bots with a load of options to fight against.
  • Add the new PVP stuff from Giants.

Hell it doesn't even need a graphical upgrade... yeah the graphics are clearly (top-tier) Wii graphics, but the art is absolutely timeless and that trumps fancy graphics anyday. The Alchemy entires have already aged a lot more visually. Hell, Nitro Racing remake already looks dated imo.
But if you're gonna add upgraded graphics then let's also add on-the-fly graphic switching aye? Wish that would be a standard for remakes :/ I realise it'd probably be a lot of work but frankly the majority of remakes could do with a lot more work

I honestly think these things would be possible in an SA remake, but I don't think it would be given the proper time, and they would go for fancier stuff and digital toys and JUNK. I think it would lose much of its soul. I would rather the series not be remade/dug up from the dead tbh, because I feel like even the fanbase forgets what's really good about it.

Also no jumping added. It would not benefit SA.
Unsure about adding future 'landers. I think after SF we hit the point of diminishing returns and characters stopped feeling special. But I think with a lot of reworking... a LOT, it'd be a lot even to get them all working, let alone make them good... it might be worth it. In an ideal world yeah but... no idea how it'd actually work.
I'd welcome the Giants landers with open arms (besides all the variants, ****ing garbage, reposes and lightcores and that % of recolors are just clutter) and the design for them is basically done though (would just need a little rebalancing, and tweaks to Collection stuff- besides, obviously, porting them).

I wish there were a modding scene for SA. Because I have MANY ideas for it.
Tho Acti would instantly kill it...

So... there are more, smaller ideas I could add to that. Like giving Volcanic Vault a corresponding level, adding custom music options/player (would be great while replaying the game), or some other options to tweak the gameplay (like toggling Elemental Power or controlling how much EXP you gain- do a level 1 run if you want, or remove EP boosts if you find them overpowered which they are man). Just much more customisation, make the experience "yours" a bit more. Maybe a Skystones/Overdrive somewhere. Ideally, online. However, I think that's the main stuff.

Some of the ideas I've heard from this fanbase make it feel like people don't know what made these games good and people just want "cool" stuff. Smfh. SA is the most primitive/least "cool", and yet most timeless, and as you all know I would argue is the best.
---
you ever realise smilie can t-pose AND dab at the same time
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me