Page 1 of 1
People like this, annoy me
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#1 Posted: 12:50:35 06/11/2018 | Topic Creator
By not showing support for Spyro, will just show Activision that people don't want the game, it won't make them think about the whole download thing at all. The download is something that can't be helped since the game is just too big to fit onto the disc. Most people nowadays should have decent internet connections, and this most likely won't affect that many people.

But when people go over the top, and say that they are not going to show support for it, just won't do anything for it, it won't change the fact that it's the way it is. I also hate people saying "Oh they're brainwashed for buying the game" well, that means you can say that for any fan buying anything else lol

Just seeing this video, triggered me smilie

If you like Spyro, buy it, if you're not bothered about Spyro, then don't. It's not gonna make a difference to the whole download situation.

If your internet is that bad, then consider moving LOL Just thought it would be funny to throw that out there, cos it's not exactly easy to just move.

ALSO, if you're not going to "support" Spyro, then why even announce it lol
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:56:35 06/11/2018 by SuperSpyroFan
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#2 Posted: 14:59:04 06/11/2018
Social media has given megaphones to the nasty people.

"I don't like it, so no one else should like it either!"

Let these guys rant, it's my prediction that this game will sell like hotcakes, especially once word gets around by those who play it.
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#3 Posted: 17:36:09 06/11/2018
I mean, the disc malarkey is silly, but there are TONS of better reasons to think of Acti as evil. Poorly optimizing a game to the point it won't fit in the disc is not one of them, nor is it exclusive to them.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 18:16:50 06/11/2018
This game’s road to release has been so painfully full of controversies, problems and complaints that I can’t honestly wait for it to finally come out so that we (as in “people who can get over certain aspects by looking at the whole picture”) can play it and stop listening to all of that nonsense for a while.

What bugs me the most about people annoyed by the download issue (the game will come out for two consoles which basically require a constant stable connection to even work, too bad people seem to have realized that only now that it regards their precious childhood, and with all the games requiring a Day One patch of various kinds even whoever does have a good connection should think twice before whining) is exactly the fact they might spread this boycott mentality and end up damaging the game itself.
It honestly irritates me to no end to see people who would have given anything fo this remake to happen turn the other way just because it isn’t exactly how they wanted it to be for whatever reason.
Egoism and immaturity at their finest.

I sincerly hope these are immotivate fears and that the Reignited Trilogy will still be successful either way, because this time it wouldn’t be the developers nor the publisher who would have killed Spyro: it would be the ”””fans”””.

And no, this doesn’t mean there haven’t been valid examples of constructive criticism or even straight up legitimate complaints, but generally the people expressing them were able to still appreciate the rest of what was there.
Because I personally think there is a lot to be thankful for, starting with the fact the remake was greenlighted in the first place.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#5 Posted: 18:22:20 06/11/2018
I swear the majority of games have download patches before you can play them nowadays.
#6 Posted: 18:24:14 06/11/2018
Oh, don't worry, I'm not saying poor optimization like the game is Drakengard 3, I just mean something that's got "could've used more months of development and polish" written all over it; though I guess I'm mistaken in assuming that 4chan rant from someone who supposedly works at TFB was correct out of frustration. I think it could've been better, but it's not an unforgivable sin; let's wait in 3 years when they shove a new gimmick into a Spyro game and get surprised when it bombs for that one.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:25:30 06/11/2018 by Bifrost
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#7 Posted: 22:12:52 07/11/2018
I swear the majority of people who complain about this are actually just a vocal minority. You're right, the majority of fans SHOULD have a decent connection... it's 2018. Pretty much any game requires at least a day one patch to download, it's not just Spyro.

I guess it does bug me a little that they delayed the game and didn't bother to fix this issue that "so many people" are complaining about. I mean, if you're going to delay the game, you might as well fix the download issue, right? I was shocked when they didn't, I thought that was what the delay was mainly for.

But if you don't have a decent connection and can't download the other two games, why don't you see if you can borrow a friend's wifi? Or a family member? Neighbor? Anybody. It's not completely impossible to find some kind of connection to download these one-time downloads.

Shoot, maybe if you have a cool enough teacher, they could let you bring your console and tv in after school just to download it (or any other building faculty for that matter).

Regardless, I'm sure that down the road Toys For Bob WILL re-release the game with 2+ discs to solve the issue, but for now at least you can play the entire first game as well as some levels from 2 and 3... it's not like the game is completely useless.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#8 Posted: 17:23:54 08/11/2018
y'all people are bootlicking activision poor management because you all fear spyro will die if you don't. You know what really happen when you do that? You just encourageing unethical business pratrice
---
THE END IS NEAR
#9 Posted: 17:30:27 08/11/2018
Quote: nitendofan92
y'all people are bootlicking activision poor management because you all fear spyro will die if you don't. You know what really happen when you do that? You just encourageing unethical business pratrice

I mean, us doing that or not won't change how the series will go. ESPECIALLY with Activision.

Just look at RDR2. Weeks coming foward, people were really vocal about how Rockstar was mistreating employees, again. Game comes out, well time to forget that was ever mentioned, horse physics are funnier.
Or worse! PC fans can jump ship with Diablo Immortal, it's still going to make a lot of money because mobile. Hell, Skylanders Ring of Heroes isn't even out yet and pre-registration is huge, since people will just eat up whatever mobile game comes out. Not to say RoH wasn't fun, but it's scarily big for something that's half the gameplay of the main series.
Boycotting solves nothing because a vocal part of a fandom isn't as big as it looks, unless it's something so morally reprehensible that it's for the better like prejudice towards some group. We're better off just being really loud about how we'd spend more money if it was handled better.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:32:07 08/11/2018 by Bifrost
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#10 Posted: 19:23:50 08/11/2018 | Topic Creator

And we are also encouraging to bring the old Spyro platforming back, rather than having the combat style LoS games, or the "kiddy-friendly" dungeon crawler that is Skylanders. If there's not enough people that's going to support the Reignited trilogy, then it's "bye bye classic Spyro" forever.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#11 Posted: 21:32:17 08/11/2018
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

And we are also encouraging to bring the old Spyro platforming back, rather than having the combat style LoS games, or the "kiddy-friendly" dungeon crawler that is Skylanders. If there's not enough people that's going to support the Reignited trilogy, then it's "bye bye classic Spyro" forever.

do you really think activision care about you. N,SANE trilogoy was a massive sucess yet no more crash game. Don't expect because it sell well activision wouln't abbadon spyro
Quote:
I mean, us doing that or not won't change how the series will go. ESPECIALLY with Activision.

Just look at RDR2. Weeks coming foward, people were really vocal about how Rockstar was mistreating employees, again. Game comes out, well time to forget that was ever mentioned, horse physics are funnier.
Or worse! PC fans can jump ship with Diablo Immortal, it's still going to make a lot of money because mobile. Hell, Skylanders Ring of Heroes isn't even out yet and pre-registration is huge, since people will just eat up whatever mobile game comes out. Not to say RoH wasn't fun, but it's scarily big for something that's half the gameplay of the main series.
Boycotting solves nothing because a vocal part of a fandom isn't as big as it looks, unless it's something so morally reprehensible that it's for the better like prejudice towards some group. We're better off just being really loud about how we'd spend more money if it was handled better.

https://www.trustedreviews.com...o-blame-3385288
Thissmilie prove awful business practice can flop a game. It not because spyro fanbase is sizeable that nothing can go wrong poor rating because of a buggy game can really hurt sale.
---
THE END IS NEAR
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:39:01 08/11/2018 by nitendofan92
#12 Posted: 22:22:06 08/11/2018
It didn't flop by our standards, it flopped by EA shareholder standards. Also, a download is NOWHERE close to the amount of step-on-fans'-for-short-term-money practices that there was in that game.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#13 Posted: 00:30:26 09/11/2018
First of all, there has been no new Crash game yet.
There have already been multiple rumors about a new title, be it a brand new one or another remake, either being announced or released next year.

As for the possibility of sequels for both series, you are completely right!
Why would Activision want to continue them now that they understood how to make tons of money at least out of one of the two?
Especially since both franchises have continued releasing titles over the years, be them “classic”, reboots or spin-offs, only to apparently finally understand what customers truly want.
That would be absolutely preposterous, wouldn’t it...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:55:10 09/11/2018 by Drek95
Doggo144 Green Sparx Gems: 474
#14 Posted: 13:23:10 23/12/2018
I know this was a while ago, but I'll throw my 2 cents in.

When I heard you had to download Spyro 2 and 3, my initial reaction was "Aw, ok, that kinda sucks". And it still is. How can anyone be so angry about this? Its not like they're selling it seperately for more cash. Just leave your PS4 on overnight in Rest Mode for a night or two, and voila, its like there was never even a download in the first place.
---
"soy" Jesse "did litterally nothing wrong" cox 1916
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me