Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open)
First | Previous | Page 43 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open) [CLOSED]
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#2101 Posted: 18:29:21 13/02/2019
Raclaw and Chester's dreams eventually began to calm down, although the two wouldn't be quite *awake* yet. Raclaw's thoughts would cease and Chester's leg movements would stop. Perhaps some breakfast would do the final treak. Risar, meanwhile, was well awake and already giving orders likely concerning the prisoners. The large Minotaur did seem to enjoy volunteering for that particular duty, perhaps to keep busy or perhaps because of other reasons. The reasoning couldn't be entirely certain based off what little information Angora had been informed of regarding the large beast man. And beyond that of his tendency to switch between first and third person-- only the gold half chain that hung from his nose ring would offer any clues...
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 18:50:14 13/02/2019 by redwes
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2102 Posted: 19:15:33 13/02/2019
Angora remained on the ship for a while, looking at Risar and his work from a distance. Even though she wanted him to get to know her better so he could see for himself what awful lies had been spread about her, but he was very busy, and she didn't want to get in the way so she remained rather far. She would help, but she wasn't going to be taken seriously, and she didn't want to use magic, so she didn't bother trying. Most of the reason why she remained on that ship was due to waiting for Sere to show up and confirm to him she had accomplished what he had asked for, believing the vessel was the most likely place where he could show up to. If he didn't, she would simply go to the Easy Eyrie to see how that particular trio was doing...

As Huntress waited for Dex to show up randomly, she had been wondering about the letter she gave yesterday. In it was information to the king that if anything should happen to her, she would know where to find her. Since she firmly believed yesterday's meeting was all a trap, she wanted Seraos to know who were she disappeared to if anything like that ever happened. But since no danger befell her, she also put on the letter a small, marble like ball that was linked to her feelings. Light blue was that she was fine and normal, so as soon as he received it, he would know that she indeed was fine and he wouldn't have to waste any time searching for her. She had plenty of those marbles, which required only a touch of a single person to link their emotions to it, courtesy on of the galud wizards that worked for Aelinon, but it was only on these occasions like these she ever used them.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:12:27 13/02/2019 by Felines
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#2103 Posted: 19:43:03 13/02/2019
”It was good seeing you two. I hope we see eachother again soon enough. I know its hard buttake care” Dex said and left. He made sure to put the keys back, so that the guards would not panic.

Dex started to look a quick ride back to Redwater. When he find one he took off.

”She is a hard one, but our plan looks good for now. Keep going as we planed” a voice said from the lake said after Huntress left.

After sometime a somekind a hybrid between wolf and a man came to Huntress, he walked close to her and said ” You are playing a dangerous game. We know you have been connected with the resistance against Blue. If you dont stop you will get hurt badly. If you are ready to act with us and give us those three talk with Dex we pay and no harm will come to you.” He said with a Deep voice standing still hood over his head, but Huntress was so close that She could see what the man really was.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2104 Posted: 20:32:09 13/02/2019
Huntress almost look out a weapon in startlement, ready to slice this stealthy stranger's throat, especially after seeing what he looked like, but remembering she was in a rather public place, she managed to control herself just in the nick of time, and maintained a calm yet cautious demeanor.
"And who are you?" Huntress demanded to know before processing what the wolf man just said.
"Seems like there are many Blue supporters everywhere. Listen, I don't know who you are, and I don't care anymore. A normal dragon is dangerous enough as it is, but I can't fathom the idea of a water dragon. You want me to talk to Dex? Tell him to find me and to stop with this hiding!" Huntress required rashly, tired of this insane chess game and not know who was working for Blue and who was against it. She had promised the king her priority would be with the Silvianesti, but with so many leads, whether they were false or not, plus her own obsession with finding this dragon didn't let her drift goals.
---
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2105 Posted: 20:45:49 13/02/2019
Meanwhile, Ilasi still slept, having dreams of various different subjects. One dream in particular stood out - Maverick became part merman, and it turned out that fawns actually did exist still, but they all adapted to live underwater. It was a bit of a silly dream, however, so it wasn't worth dwelling on. Despite what had happened the night before, Ilasi slept like a baby - such events were apparently familiar enough to not warrant dwelling on.

Back at the ship, Veris could be seen in the distance. Sere was giving him some time away from the pen, for some exercise. They were inbound toward the ship, flying low over the surface of the water, having flown into Redwater space by means of a shore outside.
Leoquin was himself returning, with a small gray shark in his possession. As much pride as he had being a citizen of Aelinon, he wouldn't miss the hectic wartime environment with martial law implemented. It gave everyone a sense of unity and purpose - but it could get tiring and routine after a while.

Back at the inn, Latnok returned with three dishes of roast pork, the smell of the cooked meat and the seasoning quickly wafting throughout the room. No doubt that the smell would be received by his companions, who had a much more sensitive nose than he did. All he had to do was sit and wait.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2106 Posted: 21:06:15 13/02/2019
Angora was glad she waited, having spotted Veris enjoying the much needed freedom he always desired. She still didn't like the fact of him being owned by a Guardian, but at least he was better treated than other wyverns, particularly the ones owned by Aelinon as far as she could tell.

When they landed, Angora headed towards rider and mount, adopting a meek demeanor. She didn't noticed Leoquin returning too, having been too focused on giving Sere the news. But as she headed to them, she was hoping Veris could greet her in the warm matter he always had with her. He was no Shade, but he was similar in both size and color and the two liked her, so perhaps the wyvern could ease up some of the emptiness she would feel at not having the dragolet on the journey back to the archipelago.

Quote: A Guy
Meanwhile, Ilasi still slept, having dreams of various different subjects. One dream in particular stood out - Maverick became part merman, and it turned out that fawns actually did exist still, but they all adapted to live underwater. It was a bit of a silly dream, however, so it wasn't worth dwelling on. Despite what had happened the night before, Ilasi slept like a baby - such events were apparently familiar enough to not warrant dwelling on.

After rubbing off some of his sleep, Maverick was relieved to see Ilasi wasn't up yet. He was too sleepy to cook, plus the inn didn't have that option anyway, so it was better if he just brought a meal that wasn't prepared by him this time. He was going to go to the restaurant next door, but found to his surprise and delight that a buffet was being held in the lobby. Glad with the option, Maverick picked different meals from the variety of patters in display. They didn't smell as delicious as his own meals and it was difficult to decorate the patters with those foods, but he still tried his best.

He returned to the room with lamb chops for Ilasi, accompanied with some lettuce and orange juice, while he picked a single orange, lettuce, tomatoes and sweet potatoes for himself. Then remembering something important, he got some milk from his hyperspace bag, remembering with some nostalgia and melancholy Alya and her wonderful family. How much he missed them. He even kept a few of the empty milk bottles so he could have a memento of them. But for now, the present was what mattered. He left Ilasi's breakfast on the drawer besides her bed and a bottle of milk in a table nearby and then started eating, not wanting to leave his beloved Dahlia wait for her own meal for too long.
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#2107 Posted: 21:26:46 13/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade started to stir. “Where are we going?” Shade said as he waited for his breakfast. He was still cautious of them as from previous experiences he lost a little trust in them after that.
---
SC
#2108 Posted: 21:28:30 13/02/2019
”We Simply do what needs To be done. If you work with those men again we will make sure you are not a problem anymore. You will see Dex when we can be sure you have picked the right side.” The wolf-man said and started to walk towards the bar ” The usual” he said to the bartender
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2109 Posted: 21:30:14 13/02/2019
Veris lowered himself to allow Sere to dismount him. Once unburdened, he brought his head down to Angora and gave her a solid lick all over the front of her body.
"Angora," Sere said. "I take it you were successful in getting the approval of the two?" Sere knew Angora wasn't just going to be hanging around the boat because she felt it was a fun environment to play around in. "We have much that needs to be discussed." Veris stood around patiently - though he perked up as soon as Sere reached into the bag on him. Sere pulled out a chunk of roc meat, tossing it at Veris, who lunged at the meat with his head, making it disappear in a flash.

Ilasi roused from sleep soon after Maverick had presented the food, already having slept enough and being further coaxed out by the sound of him arranging the dish. When she did, the first thing she noticed was the food - finding the source soon after. "Why, Maverick!" she said gleefully. "Good morning! How very thoughtful of you!" Regardless of the resources available to him, Maverick had always proved to be very thoughtful and considerate - something which meant no small amount to Ilasi. Angora sure was lucky to have someone like him around to count on.

"You will find out where we're going when we get there," the captain said, not willing to tolerate any potential insubordination. "Now get up and move."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:08:21 13/02/2019 by A Guy
#2110 Posted: 22:16:52 13/02/2019
"Good morning Ilasi. Eat well. Finishing my dish fast to feed Dahlia right away. Don't want her to get jealous you know." Maverick joked, eating his fruits and vegetables but thinking he should've added some fish. He didn't like land meat, but he did consume seafood from time to time.

Veris lowered himself to allow Sere to dismount him. Once unburdened, he brought his head down to Angora and gave her a solid lick all over the front of her body.
"Angora," Sere said. "I take it you were successful in getting the approval of the two?" Sere knew Angora wasn't just going to be hanging around the boat because she felt it was a fun environment to play around in. "We have much that needs to be discussed." Veris stood around patiently - though he perked up as soon as Sere reached into the bag on him. Sere pulled out a chunk of roc meat, tossing it at Veris, who lunged at the meat with his head, making it disappear in a flash.

Angora was almost lifted with lick, Veris' tongue being more rough and sticky. She still hated such display,any of affection, but she didn't mind very much lately. She was simply glad Sere's deep dislike for her hasn't affected the wyvern's care, and as she cleaned herself, she proceeded to reply.
"That's why I came here. I managed to get their approval. I did what you asked..." Angora replied calmly and directly, not finding it necessary to get into so much detail.

Quote: cyndego
”We Simply do what needs To be done. If you work with those men again we will make sure you are not a problem anymore. You will see Dex when we can be sure you have picked the right side.” The wolf-man said and started to walk towards the bar ” The usual” he said to the bartender

Huntress was getting tired of so much mystery, still believing some were making a fool out of her. If this wolf creature knew she was there at that very moment, it only added to her suspicion of her being spied on. But who? It was an answer that still eluded her. Whoever was spying on her, she believed they were capable of being invisible like the galuds. It may be even a galud itself, though she didn't have any evidence.
"Alright wolf boy. Enlighten me. Which side am I suppose to be on?" Huntress asked enigmatically, not bothering with her sweet, innocent damsel persona she usually put on when meeting a stranger. Ever since meeting Dex, her MO and very life itself had changed drastically.
---
#2111 Posted: 23:35:07 13/02/2019
"Well, the situation is changing quite drastically in light of certain recent events," Sere said. "So bear with me as I explain all of the details to you.
"So you see, while having a discussion with King Seraos, I brought up the concern for Silvianestians potentially finding a way to release Shade from his collar. Now, this could be disastrous for multiple reasons, not least of all being that there would be nothing to stop him from destroying things uncontrollably, or him willingly attacking Aelinon in an act of revenge.
"The king was rather quick to acknowledge such a concern. However, from there, we had the issue that there was not much way to stop anyone from accessing Shade while keeping him alive, especially considering the elves have struck deep into Aelinon territory multiple times. So he needed to be somewhere no one could get to him.
"From there, we have come to a conclusion. The king intends to use Shade's powers once more soon. After that, it can be argued that Shade has fulfilled his obligation, should he save many troops from having to fight and die in an ensuing battle... but alas, things aren't so simple, as the end results of everything that happens will have to be gauged.
"So Shade will, shortly after that, be turned over to us - along with one of Aelinon's finest officers. He will... be representing their interests, insofar as Shade is concerned, and will no doubt pull his own weight during the voyage. In exchange for this, the pay of all of my men will be increased by 25%, covered by Aelinon, to compensate for the fact that we were expecting to be rid of Shade by now.
"Don't know how long we'll be out... or if the war will be done by the time we get back. Regardless, once we return, I, along with this officer, will discuss Shade's fate from there - whether he should return to Aelinon for service, be kept under Guardian care, or - potentially - be released from the collar, should we deem him stable enough. Are you following everything?" Sere waited expectantly for questions from Angora - expecting an angry outburst of some kind. He was no more willing to tolerate them, however, than he was before.

"Jealous? Now, why would she think that...?" Ilasi said playfully. "There will be enough to go around. We should check in with the ship - then maybe do something a little different today. Like visit a pub. Something we don't usually do..." Ilasi had her own reasons for wanting to visit a pub today, but dared not share them yet.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2112 Posted: 23:51:08 13/02/2019
Quote:
Back at the inn, Latnok returned with three dishes of roast pork, the smell of the cooked meat and the seasoning quickly wafting throughout the room. No doubt that the smell would be received by his companions, who had a much more sensitive nose than he did. All he had to do was sit and wait.

It wasn't long 'till the scent of the seasoned meat wafted its way to both fur dragon and canine scent receptor alike-- hitting Chester's nose ever so slightly sooner. "Is that.. roast pork?," Chester said sniffing the air as he awoke. "I smell-- Mmm... Morning Latnok.," Raclaw then said waking up almost immediately after. Latnok had no doubt woken up early and had decided to use the food to wake them, just as he himself had done not but two days before.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:08:52 14/02/2019 by redwes
#2113 Posted: 00:12:40 14/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade soon finished his breakfast and awaited orders. “Ok im ready.” He was still wary of them not telling him where they are going.
---
SC
#2114 Posted: 00:15:58 14/02/2019
Angora listened to everything Sere said patiently, remaining very calm and still when he was finished. She didn't act up by the news, but was still nevertheless quite upset.
"So let me see if I got this right. The king wants Shade to redeem himself by using his powers to eradicate others and prevent his own troops from acting? I'm sorry, but taking other lives to compensate for other lost ones doesn't look like a redeemable act. And in all honesty, I don't see why the king is still paranoid about Shade taking revenge. That time was an unfortunate power outburst, something he didn't have control over. You think he really wanted to kill all those people? Nobody can deny it was a terrible mistake, but it happened. And even so, after that ugly blood moon, you saw for yourself how he finally has control." Angora pointed out, but she wasn't finished.

"And what about that poor village? That was a mistake as well. Is Shade going to be punished for that too? They were the ones who said to him that place was deserted, and they were also the ones who instructed him to use his powers, and look what happened! Are they allowed to make such fatal mistake but others aren't? You have no idea how difficult it was to console Shade yesterday. He is powerful and has caused many deaths... but they never have been on purpose. He really just wants to have peace, to be happy and avoid hurting anyone... and yet there he is in captivity, treated as nothing but a weapon, to take lives because he took others..." she finished, maintaining a very calm demeanor as she talked. Angora was very angry, but her body language didn't show it. She didn't know why Sere was telling her all this, but had a few ideas. She still believed that the mistake with the elf village wasn't a mistake at all, but that was an opinion she kept to herself.

"Jealous? Now, why would she think that...?" Ilasi said playfully. "There will be enough to go around. We should check in with the ship - then maybe do something a little different today. Like visit a pub. Something we don't usually do..." Ilasi had her own reasons for wanting to visit a pub today, but dared not share them yet.

"That sounds like a great idea Ilasi. I hope they let Dahlia in. I don't want her to feel left out all the time." Maverick lamented, feeling quite bad for having to leave Dahlia outside every time they stayed in an inn or went to some other places like restaurants. Animals were forbidden in many of those buildings, especially someone like Dahlia, who is suppose to be a wild animal.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:23:17 14/02/2019 by Felines
#2115 Posted: 00:58:43 14/02/2019
Sere listened once again as Angora voiced her protests. He wasn't surprised at all - if there was the slightest bit of compromise involving Shade, she would not stand for it. He couldn't help but roll his eyes. "If this is such a big issue for you," he said, "I can just have Shade's collar detonate on him after this. No one would have to worry about what he does after that. Would that satisfy you? Or would you prefer that an entire nation bends over backwards more than they have already to accommodate Shade?" Though Sere's voice wasn't angry, he made no intention to hide how irate he was at Angora's repeated attitude toward the matter of Shade.
"No, this is the real world. Regardless of whether you think it's fair or not, Shade got mixed up into this whole game the moment he decided that he was above the law, and he killed hundreds for his careless mistake. If you think any nation on this planet would just let someone like that get off scot-free, you are sorely mistaken. Ultimately, I have the final say on whether Shade lives or dies - Aelinon would have executed him long ago otherwise. I have tried really hard to keep Shade alive while not being completely negligent like I was before. The moment I deem it's not worth the effort, I'll just kill him and be done with it. Now, you can accept that, or you can leave and see if you can beg the king to just let Shade go after killing hundreds of his people."

"Wonderful! I know just the place..." Ilasi said, and shortly after downed the rest of her food. It has quite the nice atmosphere... and quite a lot of exotic beverages. I think a traveler like yourself might appreciate it a bit..."

With Shade in compliance, the wyvern riders mounted, and took off, beginning their escort of him. They weren't headed where they were before - they were taking a different route, with a vector between the first and second areas they deployed Shade in.

Latnok smiled as his friends finally awoke. "Good morning, my friends," Latnok greeted. "I trust your dreams were well? You have high hopes, Raclaw - your dreams didn't seem as fun as Chester's, at least. What were you doing, Chester? Chasing a rabbit?" Latnok's own dreams weren't of anything particularly interesting - mainly of training, and perhaps killing a giant spider or two.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2116 Posted: 01:04:40 14/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade took off with them as well. “If this is another test are you sure your men carefully made sure the area is clear? I won’t use my powers if it isn’t.” Shade said.
---
SC
#2117 Posted: 01:26:14 14/02/2019
Maverick finished up his own meal fast after seeing Ilasi scarfing down hers, almost choking with the velocity. It was kinda embarrased that he began his meal first and was Ilasi the one that was already done. Not wanting to waste any more time, he had to save the last sweet potato he had.
"Well, let's go then. But remember, we still have to feed Dahlia first. Want to do it this time?" he offered, wanting their bond to grow even stronger. He only hoped the silly dirt buffalo wasn't in the mood for any other of her jokes.

Sere listened once again as Angora voiced her protests. He wasn't surprised at all - if there was the slightest bit of compromise involving Shade, she would not stand for it. He couldn't help but roll his eyes. "If this is such a big issue for you," he said, "I can just have Shade's collar detonate on him after this. No one would have to worry about what he does after that. Would that satisfy you? Or would you prefer that an entire nation bends over backwards more than they have already to accommodate Shade?" Though Sere's voice wasn't angry, he made no intention to hide how irate he was at Angora's repeated attitude toward the matter of Shade.
"No, this is the real world. Regardless of whether you think it's fair or not, Shade got mixed up into this whole game the moment he decided that he was above the law, and he killed hundreds for his careless mistake. If you think any nation on this planet would just let someone like that get off scot-free, you are sorely mistaken. Ultimately, I have the final say on whether Shade lives or dies - Aelinon would have executed him long ago otherwise. I have tried really hard to keep Shade alive while not being completely negligent like I was before. The moment I deem it's not worth the effort, I'll just kill him and be done with it. Now, you can accept that, or you can leave and see if you can beg the king to just let Shade go after killing hundreds of his people."

Angora said nothing for a while and simply crossed her arms and looked at her feet, with droopy ears and some shallow breathing. She knew Sere would react like this, but nevertheless did her comment, wanting him to know beyond shadow of a doubt how unfair she found everything. However, she didn't lose her composure, nor she threw a tantrum or an outburst like she would've done in the past. She kept her calm demeanor and proceeded to ask him a very honest but hard question.
"Why are you telling me all of this?" she asked serenely, standing very still. No matter what was thrown at her, she was not going to let his words or Latnok's sting her. After everything she has been through, after everything she has done, or at least has tried to do for them, they always seemed to just want to hurt her more and more. Yesterday was an exception with Latnok, although she still believed it was most likely due to the alcohol, so it practically didn't count. She was convinced she was never going to appeal to them or have their full support, so all she wanted right was to know why Sere kept telling her things like that and why he still wanted to hurt her.
---
#2118 Posted: 02:42:54 14/02/2019
"Why? What kind of a question is that?" Sere responded. "If you prefer, I can choose not to tell you about anything in regards to Shade, and leave you completely in the dark. Seeing as how you have a problem with anything I do, I think that may be the better option. Unfortunately, however, a crew member I cannot communicate with is of very limited use to me. Do you understand where I'm going with this?" Why did Angora always have to be so contrary? Why did he even think of bringing her along? How did she manage to convince Latnok and Risar to let her come along?

"Feed her... sure thing..." Ilasi said trepidatiously. "As long as she doesn't try to bite my arm off. I don't think I taste that good... what do you think?" Regardless, Ilasi was somewhat excited at the prospect of feeding Dahlia again. She just hoped it didn't result in any sort of accident.

"Oh, don't you worry..." the wyvern captain said. "You're not even going to have to so much as lift a finger. All you will need to do is sit around." The wyverns kept up their grueling pace, seemingly in a hurry to get wherever they were headed.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2119 Posted: 02:49:05 14/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade didn’t like that answer. He had a feeling it was something to do with the war. “Good. I feel bad enough about what happened.” He then kept quiet the rest of the journey.
---
SC
#2120 Posted: 03:11:59 14/02/2019
"Oh, I don't know. Dirt bufflos are herbivores... but I think they'd be willing to make an exception with you..." Maverick replied with a smirk, knowing Dahlia had the size and the strength to do that if she wanted to.

But before waiting for a startling reaction, Maverick smiled.
"I'm kidding. No te preocupes Ilasi. That time was Dahlia playing a prank. She adores you. She'd never hurt you. You have seen how she walks when you're mounting her. She's very careful that you don't fall." he assured, not wanting Ilasi to be too afraid of the sweet Dahlia.

"Why? What kind of a question is that?" Sere responded. "If you prefer, I can choose not to tell you about anything in regards to Shade, and leave you completely in the dark. Seeing as how you have a problem with anything I do, I think that may be the better option. Unfortunately, however, a crew member I cannot communicate with is of very limited use to me. Do you understand where I'm going with this?" Why did Angora always have to be so contrary? Why did he even think of bringing her along? How did she manage to convince Latnok and Risar to let her come along?

Angora dropped her ears again, feeling like Sere was looking for whatever excuse he could to insult and bring her down. Even so, Angora was still determined not to let anything injure her feelings, especially not him. She looked at Sere directly in the eyes, relaxing her face to prevent herself from glaring.
"It was just a simple question... sir. I'm just surprised you will tell me these kinds of things when you insist of seeing me as nothing but this horrible little creature who intends to sabotage every thing you do with every knowledge and that will never be worthy of anything. It's just... I just don't know how... what to think..." Angora commented in a calm yet strained voice, like Sere, questioning many things. Why did he have to treat her so badly? What did she ha to do to make him stop? Not even asking a simple question was enough for him to refrain himself from being so mean.
---
#2121 Posted: 08:51:52 14/02/2019
Latnok smiled as his friends finally awoke. "Good morning, my friends," Latnok greeted. "I trust your dreams were well? You have high hopes, Raclaw - your dreams didn't seem as fun as Chester's, at least. What were you doing, Chester? Chasing a rabbit?" Latnok's own dreams weren't of anything particularly interesting - mainly of training, and perhaps killing a giant spider or two.

"A dragon can hope-- and I really do hope that you and Angora can truly hash it out one day.," Raclaw said surprisingly pleased that Latnok hadn't been too angry or agitated at the thought of Angora entering his best friend's dreams. He briefly drooped his ears, but it didn't matter; the beloved Guardian had already read his dreams. Angora had once been a subject of strong debate between the two friends, but now-- very little remained secret thanks in part to both their improved synergy courtesy of the collar and Damon's previous attempts at sabotaging their relationship. Raclaw smiled at the thought of Chester chasing a rabbit and looked to the little Beagle awaiting a response. "Something like that-- it was a big one too!," Chester said somewhat excitedly. The beloved four legged friend went on to briefly describe what had happened. The little dog had fun-- that much was obvious at the very least.

Elsewhere-- Risar remained busy with the prisoners. Based off Angora's presence aboard the ship, Latnok had seemingly said yes to the troll's response. He wondered what Angora had said to manage to convince him. It was clear that Angora could speak without insult, although such a thing was rare indeed.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:58:25 14/02/2019 by redwes
#2122 Posted: 17:03:02 14/02/2019
"Yes... that's true," Ilasi said - appreciating that Dahlia had a sense of humor, uncommon of many animals. "Well, I'm not too worried, then. So what are we feeding her - oats?" Ilasi wondered about potentially feeding her a "treat", but didn't exactly know what would constitute such for Dahlia.

Sere maintained an unflinching gaze on Angora. "Regardless of my thoughts of you," he said, "it's important for me to keep those I work with in the know. Especially you... I hope, time and time again, that you can prove to me that the trust I put in you with the award I bestowed on you wasn't some rash mistake, but time and time again you continue to do the opposite. One of these days, I'll just have to accept my mistake... I had such high hopes for you, but your selfishness and naivety make it impossible for you to see the grand picture.
"When I initially bestowed the award on you, it wasn't just an acknowledgement of your deed. I wished to give you the opportunity to show others what some trolls are capable of, given the chance. Instead, what I got was someone who comes into foreign territory, causes trouble, breaks their laws, and gets upset because I did not decide to sacrifice everything I've established in this area to accommodate your dragon friend after he broke the law and killed hundreds of people.
"Do you see now why I have a problem? Why I do not respond kindly, every time you continue to show the very character traits that contradict what I expected of you? Instead of showcasing that trolls can be reasonable, you instead demonstrated that even a smart troll will be hostile and show little regard for the lives of others if they aren't your friend. You may have been spared by the people for putting on a good show - but best of luck getting people to see it as anything more than that."

"How you feel about what happened is none of our concern," the wyvern captain said. "You will comply, or you will die. It's as simple as that." They continued their breakneck pace - the lands ahead seemed to change from plains to some more hilly terrain. Off in the distance, an encampment could be seen.

"Well, when we're done here, let's be off," Latnok said. "We'll stop by the ship to check in, then see what else there is to do around here. Don't know exactly what'l happen once martial law is implemented here, but we'll likely have some more leeway than the typical citizen or visitor around here."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:07:59 14/02/2019 by A Guy
#2123 Posted: 17:49:20 14/02/2019
Angora was still furious, but once again managed to contain herself. With everything that has happened, she had plenty of practice in keeping her emotions buried.
"Our troubles with Aelinon began far before Shade killed those poor people." Angora said sternly but with a calm voice, preparing herself for a long speech.
"If I may remind you of everything... sir, the first time we got in trouble with Aelinon when we first arrived near Orcford. Shade saved Maverick's life from a thug that wanted to kill him, and because Shade gave him a scare, the soldiers, who were conquering territories mind you, treated us with hostility, mistaking his lesson for an attack. It was... your medals that saved us..." Angora said before continuing.
"And as our unfortunate luck would have it, I get caught in a trap later on, with galud soldiers ready to kill me the first instant... JUST because I was a troll. Shade... he was a rash fool that decided to defend me by attacking them instead of flying away... but he didn't kill those soldiers, or even that thug, and yet Maverick gets arrested for everything..." Angora reminded, still remembering those events too vividly. She wasn't looking at Sere in the eyes, but was still looking at his face.

Before he had the chance to reply anything, Angora still had much to say.
"Once we won our freedom, this... this dragon Blue... he kidnapped us and forced us to separate. We managed to escape, but I was horribly injured in the process. Shade went to Redwater... to get help... for me. It was all a chain of mistakes alright... mistakes that Shade made. He was stupid enough to trust Aelinon, knowing they hated us... but above all, knowing that his powers were too unstable. He... he made a series of horrible mistake, of trusting himself and trusting a society that hated us from the very beginning, even when none of us hadn't done anything yet... far long before those deaths occurred..." Angora concluded, lowering her head again. It was almost as if she was expecting Sere to slap or kick her for giving him that speech. Instead of doing her lecture in a way that sounded like questioning, she decided to do it almost like a monologue, believe it that would ease up the abuse if there was any retialation. She blamed the Guardians for not helping them enough, for not helping Shade before it was too late. But even though she didn't want to admit it, she also blamed Shade himself for much of her misery, for making such terrible decisions in those times...

"Yes... that's true," Ilasi said - appreciating that Dahlia had a sense of humor, uncommon of many animals. "Well, I'm not too worried, then. So what are we feeding her - oats?" Ilasi wondered about potentially feeding her a "treat", but didn't exactly know what would constitute such for Dahlia.

"Eh, not quite. This time, we give her an apple. Have to get her used to other types of food, you know? Don't want her stomach to become too sensitive." Maverick stated, taking a large apple from his bag and giving it to Ilasi as they approached the pole where Dahlia spent the night.

"Go ahead Ilasi. Vamos. If she eats you, I'll just get you out. I doubt she'll chew." Maverick then said, starting to love messing with his mermaid friend. Angora was quite the prankster back then, and it rubbed off on him a little as well.
---
#2124 Posted: 18:49:12 14/02/2019
Quote:
"Well, when we're done here, let's be off," Latnok said. "We'll stop by the ship to check in, then see what else there is to do around here. Don't know exactly what'l happen once martial law is implemented here, but we'll likely have some more leeway than the typical citizen or visitor around here."

Raclaw nodded between bites, while Chester was already chowing down. When Latnok mentioned martial war, however, Chester looked up at the Guardian. "Martial Law-- That means war right?," the little Beagle asked putting two and two together. He was familiar enough with the term from his old masters and the last minor bout the nation had. "Yes Chester, it does. We shouldn't be here too long after it starts though.," Raclaw said reassuring the beloved companion. It wouldn't be too long 'till the trio could get a move on.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:53:59 14/02/2019 by redwes
#2125 Posted: 19:34:51 14/02/2019
Sere listened patiently as Angora explained herself and her viewpoint. In response, all he had to offer initially was a grunt.
"Regardless of your personal feelings on the matter, or whether you think it's justified," Sere said, "the moment Shade decided to attack soldiers, Aelinon was well within their rights to respond as they would to anyone else who attacks their soldiers. And the moment he killed hundreds of people, the situation expanded far beyond your narrow, idealistic world view. Until you learn to accept that things will never be as simple as you want them to be, and the entire world isn't wrong just because they don't share your opinions on fairness and justice, you will be set up for a lifetime of disappointment. Now, you can choose to accept reality, and do what you can within those constraints - or you can maintain your defiance for the sake of your own personal sense of justice, despite how countless others feel, and sulk when the majority of people don't agree with you, and treat you more as a sympathizer to a murderer than someone who is actually worth listening to. And complain about how unfair it is as much as you want - but know that you would be in the vast minority of people who find it to be so.
"Now, I will give you a choice. If you are willing to accept reality, and perhaps learn to empathize with people who aren't you or your immediate circle of friends, then by all means, you are welcome to come along, under the same circumstances as previously. Otherwise, you are wasting your time here, and are best off heading back to the cave or mountain range you call home."

"Well... if you'll get me out, then, sure thing," Ilasi said with mock reassurance. Taking the apple, Ilasi stuck her arm out, leaving the fruit on top of her palm as she offered it.
"Good morning, Dahlia," Ilasi greeted. "Now why don't you eat this for me? It's a lot more delicious than I am, I'm sure." Ilasi wasn't scared this time, however - rather, she was excited to see how Dahlia would respond to the feeding this time.

Once their food was done, Latnok brought the trays back to the front. Gathering up his companions, they left the inn, heading toward the dock where the Enduring Legacy was stationed. "Surely Godfather Sere knows what's going to be happening here by now," Latnok said. "Don't know if that'll actually affect anything on his end, though, besides giving him a larger headache every now and then."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2126 Posted: 20:11:30 14/02/2019
At first, Dahlia looked like she was about to tackle her hard, but then she stopped abruptly before Ilasi could have the time to be scared and move out of the way. She then took the apple very gently, eating it without even touching Ilasi's hand. She did no rough movements whatsoever.
"Oh. Well that wasn't so bad. You see? I think that was a mock tackle, or maybe she just wanted to glomp you. Told ya she'd never hurt you." Maverick expressed, feeling relieved that Dahlia didn't try another one of her nasty pranks, at least not like the last time.

Sere listened patiently as Angora explained herself and her viewpoint. In response, all he had to offer initially was a grunt.
"Regardless of your personal feelings on the matter, or whether you think it's justified," Sere said, "the moment Shade decided to attack soldiers, Aelinon was well within their rights to respond as they would to anyone else who attacks their soldiers. And the moment he killed hundreds of people, the situation expanded far beyond your narrow, idealistic world view. Until you learn to accept that things will never be as simple as you want them to be, and the entire world isn't wrong just because they don't share your opinions on fairness and justice, you will be set up for a lifetime of disappointment. Now, you can choose to accept reality, and do what you can within those constraints - or you can maintain your defiance for the sake of your own personal sense of justice, despite how countless others feel, and sulk when the majority of people don't agree with you, and treat you more as a sympathizer to a murderer than someone who is actually worth listening to. And complain about how unfair it is as much as you want - but know that you would be in the vast minority of people who find it to be so.
"Now, I will give you a choice. If you are willing to accept reality, and perhaps learn to empathize with people who aren't you or your immediate circle of friends, then by all means, you are welcome to come along, under the same circumstances as previously. Otherwise, you are wasting your time here, and are best off heading back to the cave or mountain range you call home."

Words couldn't describe how depressed and angry Angora actually was. Sere refused to understand that it wasn't only Aelinon's abuse of power and unfair treatment that had her so upset. It was him, his refusal to help somebody that has helped him more than once in the past, and his own lack of empathy for her plea. He didn't care about her, or Shade, or even Maverick. Heck, he didn't even cared about Latnok if he had been so willing to abandon him on that island back then. In his world, only Sere mattered, and if it meant being on good terms with Aelinon and drag those most vulnerable through the mud, nothing else mattered. But Angora kept these low, particular opinions to herself, and proceeded to nod and respond.
"I'll go to Falcon's Beak. No more questionings. No more complains. Just the way things are." she responded serenely, once again looking at his face but not his eyes. She was too disgusted with him to do so.

Her ears were as droopy as ever, feeling like she won't ever be able make Sere treat her better. He made her feel like a vulgar load who was always wasting his precious time and that prevented him to be on good terms with the monstrous, abusive, power hungry society that was Aelinon. The very little hope she had left, the only one she was clinging to was the stranger's help. She didn't know if he was being honest, if his will to help was genuine, or even if he was planning another trial, but in case of the last one, she believed she had enough of those for a lifetime. If this turned out to be a trap, if the stranger fooled her... then... she believed all would truly be lost...
---
#2127 Posted: 20:53:51 14/02/2019
The wolf-man took his drink and walked back "That should not be too hard to know. Give us those who are against Blue and get paid, keep working with those and get ready for a life of pain" The wolf-man said with calm voice.

Dex had made his way. And one of the members of the guild was waiting for him. "Welcome Leader. A word from the base tells that everything is going well at the city of cross north." He said
"Thank you. Next i am going To need your help finding Sere,Angora, Latnok or Raclaw. I have something I need To tell them."

"I will let everybody know. If they are still in this city we will know in notime" The member said

"Good. I will wait at the blackmarket. In our quarters, I dont like to move outside much right now.... something bad might have happend" Dex answered and started to make his way towards the blackmarket. Making sure that nobody could see him.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:07:12 14/02/2019 by cyndego
#2128 Posted: 21:28:23 14/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade could see the camp hoped it wasn’t what he think it is. War is the last thing on his mind yet alone killing. He didn’t want to kill anyone for no reason.
---
SC
#2129 Posted: 21:30:07 14/02/2019
The wolf-man took his drink and walked back "That should not be too hard to know. Give us those who are against Blue and get paid, keep working with those and get ready for a life of pain" The wolf-man said with calm voice.

Huntress liked money despite her own, hidden fortune, but her hatred for dragons surpassed her greed by far more.
"My only goal is to hunt down that dragon, for the good of Aelinon. I may be a bounty hunter, but my priority is still with my country. If you're not going to help me, then stay out of my way!" she replied plain and simple, wanting to make it clear that she wasn't going to let anyone stop her from finding Blue and either destroy him or bring him back to Aelinonian authorities.
---
#2130 Posted: 22:18:23 14/02/2019
”Then be ready. Next time you see any of us we wont ask anmore. Dex says he is Sorry about your decision, and hopes that your afterlife will be a nice one.” The wolf-man said and ended his drink quickly. Then he left the blackmarket.

Other brotherhood members made their way closer to Dex. Their mission was to make sure Dex was not going to get to the blackmarket and ruin their plans.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2131 Posted: 00:29:02 15/02/2019
”Then be ready. Next time you see any of us we wont ask anmore. Dex says he is Sorry about your decision, and hopes that your afterlife will be a nice one.” The wolf-man said and ended his drink quickly. Then he left the blackmarket.

Huntress simply raised an eyebrow, not feeling intimidated or scared.
"Is that suppose to be a threat?" she asked the wolf man as he retreated, shrugging off his warning and proceeding to just leave the table as well. Although she maintained a stoic image, she was actually very worried. She knew she was being spied somehow, and now she was being threatened. No doubt Blue already knew she was looking for him. If she let the wolf man go, it may be her last lead, not to mention her life was most likely on the line now, and since she didn't trust Dex to make an appearance and confirm whose side he was on, this was probably the only chance she had left.

She ran after the bipedal wolf and talked.
"Hold it wolf boy. Let's say for a wild moment I consider the offer, and join the right side, what will be the next step?" Huntress asked, uncertain about her decision, but felt this was the only way to learn the most about Blue and his shady followers.
---
#2132 Posted: 00:41:34 15/02/2019
Rather happy with the end result, Ilasi gave Dahlia a pet on the head after the buffalo accepted her apple. "There we go! A nice, tasty breakfast for you. Are you ready for today?" Ilasi didn't know what the commotion would be like in the city, but hoped that none of it bothered Dahlia too much.

Eventually, Shade and his escort touched down on the encampment. Many troops were going about various tasks, such as setting up supplies or training. There were several devices that appeared to be siege engines of some sort.
"You'll be here for the next few days," the wyvern captain said, as various men approached them. "Like I said, all you have to do is sit around and look pretty. Nothing else."

Sere shook his head, not quite believing in Angora's resolve but entertaining it nonetheless. "Do not make me regret giving you this opportunity," he said, "or I'll make you regret doing so. That much, I can promise you. I can only keep making the same mistake so many times before I eventually learn from it."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2133 Posted: 00:55:25 15/02/2019 | Topic Creator
“What is this place? Where are we?” Shade said.
---
SC
#2134 Posted: 01:20:52 15/02/2019
Once again, Angora kept her real feeling buried. Not only has Sere been denying her help all this time in her quest to win Shade's freedom, he also had the galls to threaten her after everything she has done. Preventing a potential world disaster by defeating Darkmatter, aiding him and Veris in the battle against the White Shadow, and even convincing him to go back for Latnok... nothing has ever been enough for him. Nothing ever made her worthy of his help. She had to rely on a complete stranger to get the aid she desperately needed.
"No, sir. Just tell me when we leave..." Angora replied simply, with the most expressionless voice yet. This time, she didn't look at him, instead lowering her head like a scolded child who didn't understand why adults kept being so mean.

Rather happy with the end result, Ilasi gave Dahlia a pet on the head after the buffalo accepted her apple. "There we go! A nice, tasty breakfast for you. Are you ready for today?" Ilasi didn't know what the commotion would be like in the city, but hoped that none of it bothered Dahlia too much.

Maverick looked at them, smiled and shook his head slowly, finding it funny how Ilasi was still a bit cautious around Dahlia when the dirt buffalo has proven to be nothing but a cautious, harmless animal around her.
"Heh heh, oh Ilasi. You're so worried about how someone like Dahlia, who is a harmless herbivore, can't imagine if you try this with Oscurito. He's much bigger AND a carnivore." Maverick commented, almost sounded like playful mocking.
---
#2135 Posted: 02:14:09 15/02/2019
Sere gave Angora a dismissive wave. "Go about your business," he said. "Check in with the ship every day. We will leave when everything involving Shade has been sorted out. I would highly recommend using this opportunity to prepare what you need. General business will be more of a hassle - especially for a non-citizen - once martial law sets in two days from now." His business with Angora settled, he turned back to Veris, who, knowing what was going to happen, lowered himself to allow Sere to mount.

"Well, uh, yeah, I guess you're right..." Ilasi said nervously. She declined to mention that Shade did kill hundreds of her fellow countrymen without meaning to. "Anyway... let's go. I know just the place - it actually has a bit of a nature theme. I think you'll like it." Ilasi hadn't actually been to the pub herself, but has heard good things about it from others.

"This place," the wyvern captain said, "is an outpost, just like the one you came from - except it's somewhat newer, so the fortifications aren't as well-established yet. Beyond that, it's nothing you need concern yourself with. Just sit around for now, like I said."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2136 Posted: 02:26:19 15/02/2019
"Oh, sure sure. Let's go." Maverick exclaimed, lifting Ilasi to Dahlia's back and loosening up her reins. He got on himself and prepared to lead her.
"We're leaving now Ilasi. Just tell me where to and I'll guide Dahlia." he explained, having preferred if Ilasi herself had been the one guiding her, but knew she wasn't ready for that yet.

Sere gave Angora a dismissive wave. "Go about your business," he said. "Check in with the ship every day. We will leave when everything involving Shade has been sorted out. I would highly recommend using this opportunity to prepare what you need. General business will be more of a hassle - especially for a non-citizen - once martial law sets in two days from now." His business with Angora settled, he turned back to Veris, who, knowing what was going to happen, lowered himself to allow Sere to mount.

Angora was expecting Veris to reassure her or something, but she doubted he would do so with his master there, being his cruel, hateful self. So she simply turned around and left, not heading to the city, but to a clear beach further away from the port. With her back turned from rider and mount, that's when the tears she managed to hold on until now we're loose. Since when Sere became even crueler than his own protégée? Angora hated him so much right now. He was nothing but an ungrateful, heartless beast who never considered her worthy of anything. He denied her plea for help, and even went as far as to threaten her. Not wanting to be seen by any potential spectators, Angora donned her hood again, using the shadow as a safe place to cry and vent with herself...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:42:34 15/02/2019 by Felines
#2137 Posted: 02:27:08 15/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade could tell they weren’t telling him something and decided not to push it any more. He layed down nearby as he was tired from the flight.
---
SC
#2138 Posted: 02:48:40 15/02/2019
As suggested, Ilasi guided Maverick through the city, as he navigated Dahlia through the various crowds. Though news of the upcoming martial law was no doubt on people's lips, the city still seemed to be proceeding as it normally would until then. Ilasi wondered how long it would last; Aelinon typically tried to use it only as long as absolutely necessary, as it could wear on the population after a while, and was not the most tourist-friendly thing in the world.
After a bit of traveling, moving through the streets as horse carriages went by and merfolk swam through the canals, the two finally reached their destination; a building deliberately overgrown with flowers and other vegetation. "Nature's Fountain" was etched onto the stone sign at the top. A pleasant aroma from all of the carefully selected plants could be smelled just by being near the building.
"Here we are," Ilasi said. "Galuds came up with the concept of this place, but merfolk run it during the day."
"Here we are," Ilasi said.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2139 Posted: 05:49:57 15/02/2019
Maverick was already liking the place. It was a nice touch to see vegetation growing out of the walls, letting them grow and survive even in such an unlikely place.
"Oooh, this seems very nice indeed Ilasi. The inns we have been to have been nice too, but they get a little depressing after a while." Maverick commented after halting Dahlia, eyeing the building. It was already amazing from the outside. He couldn't imagine how breathtaking it would be from the inside.
"I hope they can let Dahlia in. I don't like leaving the poor girl alone for so long." he then said as he climbed down and helped Ilasi dismount, knowing his dear Dahlia wasn't liking being left out whenever they went to certain places.

Meanwhile, Angora was heading to a deserted beach near the docks, full of algae and sharp seashells, which didn't affected her feet. Walking for nearly half an hour, to a place where the buildings were quite far and making sure nobody was around, she took out her orb.
"You see what I have to go through? YOU SEE WHAT CRAP HE MAKES ME GO THROUGH!?" she suddenly yelled, with tears bigger than raindrops.
"You see how he treats me!? He hates me! He even threatened me! After everything I've done!? He'll never find me worthy of anything? He'll never treat me decently! To him, I'm nothing but this horrible little creature that gets in the way of a power perfect life! He's such an ungrateful, gutless, son of a... monster!" Angora grumbled, preventing herself from swearing. The fury within her was so severe, her body started to fume. Her magic began acting up, making her temperature rise severely to the point where the sand below her melted. While the heat wasn't enough to turn the sand into glass, she nevertheless created a small hole.

It took her a while to calm down, but then she realized what she did. Thankfully, the hole wasn't so big and she could just jump out, but she was surprised. She never imagined this could happen, although she was thankful nobody got hurt with that small power outburst from her part.
"Heh, perhaps Shade isn't the one with such magic. At least it's nothing big..." she monologued, turning to the orb again.

After letting all that accumulated anger out, she felt so much better.
"Listen, even if you can't hear me, I... I thank you for returning the orb. This little artifact has been with me for so many years. Before I had any real friends, it always did me well to speak to it. I also want to thank you for your willingness to help. Heh, what a ridiculous irony it is that I barely know you and you want to help me. And yet that... man... he has known me for a while and the good deeds I've done, yet he treats me like trash. But... what the heck. You can't please everybody, especially if people are ungrateful... and if you're nothing but an ugly little troll. But it's not like it's my fault I was born this way... All I want to say is, thank you for not judging me from the go. And thanks for helping Shade back there. Really. Thanks." Angora said with a small smile, hugging the orb. Communicator or not, that little sphere has always acted as some sort of security blanket to her, and today was no exception. While she wasn't certain the stranger would be able to provide the huge help she needed, the fact that he has helped her before and that he still had the will to continue doing so was being enough for her. Right now, she didn't have Shade, or Maverick by her side, and Sere still hated her, but for the first time in a very long time, she was feeling... happy...
---
#2140 Posted: 17:37:34 15/02/2019
The wolf-man did not even turn ”Tell us where to find those rebels against Blue. When we have them we will leave you to be. You have one day. If you dont show up here and tell us what we want to know. We will know what side you are on. Now dont follow me anymore we already have made too many people to notice us, come back tomorrow same time, if you have made the right call. Dex will be here also, but I warn you if you dont have the information we need with you and you still end up coming. You will be our number one targe.” The wolf-man said and left

Dex saw the brotherhood members. ”Finally coming to get me. I thought Blue would give me more value then just three persons.” Dex said and was ready to fight.

The brotherhood members came closer ”We are not here to fight. We are here to warn you. The woman you worked with is looking for you, and wants to give you to the guards. We have our own things against her, so we agree to help you deal with her. If you are ready to help us, we can end her hunt for you and for Blue once and for all. Win win right? So what do you say” One of the members said

Dex thought about it. Normally there would be no need, the answer would clearly be no. But way would have they helped him once and now lie about this..... he was Not sure. In the end he thought it would be best to atleast hear their plan. ”So what are you thinking. And what you would want me to do” Dex said
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2141 Posted: 18:00:40 15/02/2019
Entering into the pub, the inside area proved to be rather spacious, at least relatively. There was as much vegetation on the inside as there was covering the structure on the outside. Despite the more fancy area, the patrons were still of a mix you would find at many other places; there wasn't a particular concentration of poor or rich clients.
As the entered, one of the merman bouncers stopped them. "What's the animal?" he asked.
"Oh, this is Dahlia," Ilasi said. "A dirt buffalo. She's harmless. Can she stay inside?"
"Ther's not a whole lot of room for her to play around in," he said. "She can stay in a corner over there as long as she doesn't chew up all of the plants."

The orb glowed as Angora poured her heart and soul out into it. "We hear your despair, child, and we answer," it said. "Your sacrifice has been noted. You have shown a willingness to do what it takes to establish a new future. You will be rewarded in kind. Those who cannot adapt must be swept aside.
"Alas, self-control is a virtue, one you must maintain. You must continue to endure for now. When you reach Falcon's Beak, there we may begin your transformation - into a creature capable of creating the new world you wish to see."
The orb went dormant once again, not being further receptive to any other questions.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2142 Posted: 18:21:51 15/02/2019
Angora nodded, recognizing she needed to have a bit self control. She was embarrased with the hole she made, but at least letting out that anger helped her a great deal. Although she was glad that the orb answered, she believed the words were a bit much.
"Again with the transformation... and new world? Adapt? That's a bit extreme, don't you think? But what the heck. Maybe a few changes need to be done indeed." Angora stated, dismissing the stranger's comment as a simple saying. Orion himself had a hard time going through the thick skull of both the Guardians and the Aelinonians, so if he couldn't do it, less could she. All she wanted was Shade and Maverick back, and have thing to the way they were before the Aelinonians and thirst for power spoiled everything.

Entering into the pub, the inside area proved to be rather spacious, at least relatively. There was as much vegetation on the inside as there was covering the structure on the outside. Despite the more fancy area, the patrons were still of a mix you would find at many other places; there wasn't a particular concentration of poor or rich clients.
As the entered, one of the merman bouncers stopped them. "What's the animal?" he asked.
"Oh, this is Dahlia," Ilasi said. "A dirt buffalo. She's harmless. Can she stay inside?"
"Ther's not a whole lot of room for her to play around in," he said. "She can stay in a corner over there as long as she doesn't chew up all of the plants."

"She's a desert animal señor. She doesn't do well with tropical plants. I can provide her some entertainment so she won't have to need so much space." Maverick added, not liking the idea of leaving her outside yet again, especially with the pleasant atmosphere of that place. He believed Dahlia wouldn't mind a small space as long as she wasn't feeling left out again.

The wolf-man did not even turn ”Tell us where to find those rebels against Blue. When we have them we will leave you to be. You have one day. If you dont show up here and tell us what we want to know. We will know what side you are on. Now dont follow me anymore we already have made too many people to notice us, come back tomorrow same time, if you have made the right call. Dex will be here also, but I warn you if you dont have the information we need with you and you still end up coming. You will be our number one targe.” The wolf-man said and left.

Huntress was more than willing to give him the map that the three men left her, although chances were the lake wasn't their location anymore. Even though she wanted this pursuit to be over, she would have to be patient and wait for tomorrow to see if Dex show up, and learn whose side was he really on. If Dex played her for a fool and if he really was working for Blue, it would mean that he lied to her about needing help, and she absolutely despised being spied or lied on, especially when it was a client.

But there would be some time for retialation. For now, Huntress needed to know where those men were, or if they were somewhere around the lake. It would be enough to just give the wolf man the map to where she last saw them and get it over with. It still baffled her how she went from being a stealthy bounty hunter to a spied on target. It truly infuriated her, but it was too late to turn back. Right now, all she could do was mount her horse and headed to the lake again and investigate if there were some traces left of those men. If it was true they were indeed against Blue, she knew it was wrong to deliver them to that Blue beast, but they were only three men, and she had Aelinon backing her up, so certain sacrifices sometimes had to be made. It was the way she was taught.
---
#2143 Posted: 21:04:20 15/02/2019
The bouncer nodded. "That will do fine, then," he said simply. "You're free to come on in once you get that settled."
Meanwhile, at the counter, there were several people of many different species sitting around. The bartenders frantically moved around to satisfy every order they could. The atmosphere would be more hectic if it weren't for the aroma of the place being somewhat soothing, perhaps deliberately so.
"So," Ilasi said, "what do you think? It gets better once we order a few drinks..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2144 Posted: 21:37:54 15/02/2019
After her comment, Angora wasn't exactly expecting a reply, but it wasn't really important. She felt like stranger was done talking, so feeling splendid at last, Angora put away the orb, but as she did, she felt something else. It was the spider fang Latnok gifted her yesterday. She had completely forgotten about it. Seeing no point in staying in that lonely beach, Angora got up and made her way to the Easy Eyrie. Latnok has been extra kind to her, to the point where it was even scary, but that was still better than having an endless wave of abusive ingratitude.
"Well, heh, time for me to make things better... and see if his kindness was genuine or just a result of alcohol. If that's the case, I better keep him drunk for the rest of the journey." Angora monologued, trying to make a joke to herself.

Putting away the fang in a pocket for the time being, Angora walked for a while, once again putting on her hood so that people wouldn't see or recognized her. Despite a few glances, the people seemed to be interested in something else, probably what the town crier announced, though Angora didn't eavesdrop on anybody. She made her way to the inn without delays, and briefly took off her hood so the clerk would see who she was.
"It's just me. If the Guardian is still in, I'm going to visit him." she announced, wanting to make sure she still had permission to go see them, but above all to make sure Latnok and company were still taking residence there.

The bouncer nodded. "That will do fine, then," he said simply. "You're free to come on in once you get that settled."
Meanwhile, at the counter, there were several people of many different species sitting around. The bartenders frantically moved around to satisfy every order they could. The atmosphere would be more hectic if it weren't for the aroma of the place being somewhat soothing, perhaps deliberately so.
"So," Ilasi said, "what do you think? It gets better once we order a few drinks..."

"It's very nice. A great way to vary all the other places we've been though." Maverick expressed, looking around. The atmosphere stil felt rather tense, possibly as a result of so many different species together, but the smell and sight of nature eased it up greatly. But as Maverick contemplated the place, he remembered the times where he stopped to rest in beautiful places with Shade and Angora when they were taking a break from their travels.

"You know, natural places similar to how this pub is arranged is where Angorita, Oscurito and I rested when we traveled around the world. It was just us with nature. No buildings, no people, just peace... how I miss them." Maverick said with much melancholy, having spent a wonderful time with Ilasi, and still doing it, but the absence of his two first friends was starting to sting.
---
#2145 Posted: 22:24:07 15/02/2019
Once their food was done, Latnok brought the trays back to the front. Gathering up his companions, they left the inn, heading toward the dock where the Enduring Legacy was stationed. "Surely Godfather Sere knows what's going to be happening here by now," Latnok said. "Don't know if that'll actually affect anything on his end, though, besides giving him a larger headache every now and then."

It wouldn't be long until the trio of companions had checked in, received any important details, and had began to head back towards the direction of the inn and several nearby potencial job boards. There would still be two days until martial law went in effect and with/without it-- there would still be plenty of things to do to help pass the time. As Latnok, Raclaw, and Chester walked through the crowd.. what seemed to be an increased crowd made the usual room for them. And whereas some foreigners had briefly stopped to look at the gryphon/dog/pegasis creature that was Raclaw, those same foreigners now had greater concerns. With the impending martial law, regular consumer/custom orders would be harder to come by and many wanted to get out before any potential war started. The crowds were larger and more hectic, but business would resume as normal. For now.

MEANWHILE...
Quote: Felines
Putting away the fang in a pocket for the time being, Angora walked for a while, once again putting on her hood so that people wouldn't see or recognized her. Despite a few glances, the people seemed to be interested in something else, probably what the town crier announced, though Angora didn't eavesdrop on anybody. She made her way to the inn without delays, and briefly took off her hood so the clerk would see who she was.
"It's just me. If the Guardian is still in, I'm going to visit him." she announced, wanting to make sure she still had permission to go see them, but above all to make sure Latnok and company were still taking residence there.

As Angora entered the inn once again-- what seemed like an increased number of people could be seen checking out. And once Angora could finally get to the front desk, the clerk looked down at the familiar troll. "I'm sorry ma'am-- you just missed them. They headed out for the day not that long ago, but I'm sure you could still catch them. The uh.. the fur dragon shouldn't be too hard to miss.," she informed Angora and taking just a brief moment to recall what exactly Raclaw was supposed to be. A small line had began to form behind Angora and the lobby was quickly filling up with more people checking out.
---
#2146 Posted: 23:36:41 15/02/2019
Angora was rather disappointed to have missed them, and was already getting stressed with the high volume of people trying to leave the place.
"Ok. Ok, thanks." she said calmly, leaving the crowded inn quickly after listening as best as she could what the clerk told her. After being outside the building, she started to look for Raclaw, trusting it would be easy, but given that so many people were taller than her plus the many people that were frequenting around, it wasn't easy. Leading herself to where the clerk instructed, Angora had no choice but to call for someone.
"Raclaw... oof, watch it, I'm walking here, RACLAW!" she called loudly, with not many people noticing her with the mess that was going on. While she was mostly looking for Latnok, she would rather see Raclaw's face first. At least he was one of the few that didn't absolutely hate her.
---
#2147 Posted: 00:10:05 16/02/2019
”We will need you to see her. Then you tell her that you want to make a trap for Blue. When She gets there, we will make sure She does not trouble us anymore.” One of the brotherhood members said

” Why would I do that, if She has told everything about me killing her would make me just a bigger target then before” Dex answered

” We will not kill her, we just need to make sure that She does not come after us anymore and makes sure nobody knows about you.” the brotherhood member answered.

Dex could notice that the brotherhood and Blue knew more then he did about this and the best way to go about it was to accept their plan for now. ” Fine then i am in, but this does not mean that the guild is getting any closer to the brotherhood. This is just one case where we must help eachother’” Dex then answered.

The three men where packing their camp but they still where at the same location.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2148 Posted: 00:29:43 16/02/2019
In that while, Huntress left the black market and headed to the lake, though when she got there, it was as seemingly deserted as it usually was. There seemed to be no soul around, yet she was still very paranoid. Somehow, these people knew her every move, and her every action. It had to be Dex that sent them. All this spying began shortly after she met him, so he had to be responsible. If the wolf man was right, he would show up as soon as tomorrow, and that's when she'll confront him. She really believed he would be just another client, and he dragged her to this mess. This has to finish. But for now, she needed to find these three men. She didn't think they left. Despite the eerie quiet, she still believed they were there.
"Well men, this has been quite the progress, hasn't it? My only goal is to trap that Blue, so whatever plan you have, let me hear it." Huntress said out loud, hearing the echo of her own voice. If delivering those three men was really the only way to get to that dastard dragon, then so be it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:31:34 16/02/2019 by Felines
#2149 Posted: 00:56:06 16/02/2019
Quote: Felines
Angora was rather disappointed to have missed them, and was already getting stressed with the high volume of people trying to leave the place.
"Ok. Ok, thanks." she said calmly, leaving the crowded inn quickly after listening as best as she could what the clerk told her. After being outside the building, she started to look for Raclaw, trusting it would be easy, but given that so many people were taller than her plus the many people that were frequenting around, it wasn't easy. Leading herself to where the clerk instructed, Angora had no choice but to call for someone.
"Raclaw... oof, watch it, I'm walking here, RACLAW!" she called loudly, with not many people noticing her with the mess that was going on. While she was mostly looking for Latnok, she would rather see Raclaw's face first. At least he was one of the few that didn't absolutely hate her.

As Latnok, Raclaw, and Chester discussed their plans for the day-- it wasn't long until a familiar voice could be heard shouting out from somewhere within the crowd. "Angora? Angora-- OVER HERE!," Raclaw shouted as his senses soon distinguished the familiar aura from other less auras in the crowd. "Angora is calling us. Over there.," the fur dragon then said alerting the Guardian although their shared senses would make that unnecessary. He motioned towards the troll's direction and communicated something to Chester via body language. "Oof! Oof!," Chester could be heard barking as he waved his way through the crowd and to where Angora was. Catching up to the troll-- Chester looked at Angora and motioned towards where the others were, barking as if to tell her to follow. 'It is getting crowded-- many people on their way out. Best not to let her get trampled.,' Raclaw's thought knowing that Latnok would hear.
---
#2150 Posted: 01:34:17 16/02/2019
Angora followed the beagle, knowing fully well who he was. She had to be extra careful around the people. She got kicked several times trying to reach to where Raclaw and his companion was. It was quite a relief when she finally managed to reach them.
"Chaos everywhere. How can people live here?" she complained, grabbing a leg after one person stepped on her toe. After rubbing it a little while, she waved at Raclaw rather shyly, not paying much attention to Latnok, fearing she would cringe if she looked at him directly. She really wished they had been in the inn so they could free of this messy tornado of people and creatures trying to leave the city...
---
First | Previous | Page 43 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me