Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open)
First | Previous | Page 26 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open) [CLOSED]
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8628
#1251 Posted: 23:20:22 22/12/2018
Quote: A Guy
Latnok paid attention to everything that Raclaw had noted. "That is indeed a concern," he pointed out. "If need be, I will either detonate Shade's collar or have it asphyxiate him - we'll see if we can avoid it coming to that, however. As for this pathway... I can do further training on how to shut it down. Such a thing would likely, however, involve temporarily..." As Latnok spoke, he recalled the last instance he suggested severing his connection with Raclaw - something which did not go well. As the thought came, he shut out his mind, in an effort to stop Raclaw from recalling what he was thinking of.
"Nevermind," he said, his tone suddenly changing to one of suppressed anger. "We're done here. I'm going to take a break." In a huff, he walked away, heading back up the gangplank, frustrated at the event which, even now, still tainted their friendship.

"Well... on a happier note, things seem to be going well for us," Leoquin said, trying to change the subject. All of the speak of missing brothers had grown too depressing for him. "We fought that giant sea monster and won. Without losing anyone! I thought the captain was crazy for a while - but he definitely knows what he's doing!"

"Latnok--.," Raclaw said somewhat disheartened by the sudden turn of events. It didn't take telepathy to tell what was bothering the troubled Guardan nor what Latnok was about to say. Raclaw had mentioned the past and specifically a time period close to when the event had occurred. He had only referenced the time period to give more explanation of the mental explain the used, but realised now just how much of a mistake that was-- and that it would take some time for Latnok to fully resolve what had happened. "I'm sorry Latnok... I didn't mean to...," the fur dragon started to say walking up the gangplank behind Latnok. "It's alright-- we did good out there. And we have plenty of time to train.," he then said at least now having a basic understanding of the art of penetrating blocks. Chester jumped off his barrel as they came aboard, but quickly saw that the beloved Guardian wasn't in the best of moods.

Elsewhere on deck-- "We did good. All of us.," Risar said noticing the duo returning. "The captain took a risk, but it was worth it-- and no-one paid the price. The fur dragon lost some fur from the fight, but otherwise he made the right decision. He's a good leader and a wise one. We're lucky to have him.," the large minotaur than said looking at Leoquin. Raclaw's fur was still growing back, although it was certainly looking a lot better than it had that day.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1252 Posted: 23:35:16 22/12/2018
Latnok didn't give Raclaw any more of a response than a short grunt. Instead, he made his way to the kitchen without stopping -and it didn't take long for him to find what he was looking for. Grabbing a bottle of rum, he left the kitchen and headed for an area out on the deck, where he would start drinking the rum straight from the bottle in an effort to help him relax and ease his troubled mind.

"Honestly, I wasn't quite expecting anything like this," Ilasi admitted, as she began to lie down in the sand. "This is better than I could've hoped for..." Ilasi pondered awhile, daydreaming of various subjects before she began speaking again.
"We won't be able to come back here..." she said. "We should make the most of this opportunity. Maybe we'll find more places like it... but for now, I'm quite happy here."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8650
#1253 Posted: 00:21:33 23/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade slowly got up and went over to Raclaw. “R-Raclaw I can feel you drawing from my powers. That will be a problem when the Blood Moon comes. But I could feel it was stronger than last time. What happened?”
---
SC
#1254 Posted: 00:45:58 23/12/2018
Raclaw watched as Latnok immediately went to the bottle and wanted to somehow comfort the troubled Guardian-- when Shade approached him. "Latnok and I were training. He was showing me how to penetrate mental blocks and how to eventually put up such blocks myself. I-- I had briefly explored alternative methods and I'm sorry. I had considered using your powers, but had immediately backed out. Your energy, the dark energy, had lingered for several seconds before finally leaving my system again.," he then explained looking at Shade. Chester remained nearby, but let the two talk uninterrupted.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:47:25 23/12/2018 by redwes
#1255 Posted: 01:19:02 23/12/2018 | Topic Creator
“My power is very unstable I don’t want it to hurt you or Latnok. We will need to find something to block those connections until the eclipse is over.”
---
SC
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1256 Posted: 01:58:38 23/12/2018
Angora kept quiet, not wanting to interrupt their conversation. She saw Latnok stormed off, looking very upset. Perhaps they weren't as reconciled as she had expected. Was there really no hope for that human? Was he willing to break such a unique friendship for the sake of pride and control? The little troll couldn't help but to look at the fur dragon with much pity. She didn't even know about the permanent control and felt that Raclaw was still too afraid of his supposed best friend. Unable to look at him any longer, Angora turned her back on Raclaw as she left Shade continued talking, feeling very sorry for the gentle, hairy dragon.

"Honestly, I wasn't quite expecting anything like this," Ilasi admitted, as she began to lie down in the sand. "This is better than I could've hoped for..." Ilasi pondered awhile, daydreaming of various subjects before she began speaking again.
"We won't be able to come back here..." she said. "We should make the most of this opportunity. Maybe we'll find more places like it... but for now, I'm quite happy here."

Maverick simply nodded, already enjoying the place. He took off his boots, buried his feet in the sand and bathed with the little drops of water emanating from the cave. They weren't going to be on the island for very long, so he was determined to enjoy the moment as much as he could...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1257 Posted: 02:15:15 23/12/2018
Quote: Spyroconvexity
“My power is very unstable I don’t want it to hurt you or Latnok. We will need to find something to block those connections until the eclipse is over.”

"Don't worry-- we'll find a way. I can speak to Latnok about it and we can figure something out.," Raclaw said trying to reassure the dark Dragolet. "Latnok and I have more means at our disposal now. More reassurances and.. more means of control.," he then said being somewhat vague about the subject. As far as he knew, no-one aside Sere and perhaps Risar knew about his and Latnok's new bond.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:18:09 23/12/2018 by redwes
#1258 Posted: 02:18:22 23/12/2018 | Topic Creator
“Just don’t draw from my power. I would hate myself for it corrupting you
---
SC
#1259 Posted: 02:36:50 23/12/2018
"I-- I won't.," Raclaw simply said changing his glance slightly to that of the distant Latnok. He could still feel the slight urge to draw upon the alternate energy. It presented itself as something that was so easy, so simple, and above all else-- more powerful than that of Damon. 'No no... I have Latnok now. He can control Damon now and I have to trust him.,' he thought to himself. His risks would no longer be just his own now, but also that of his beloved Latnok's.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:39:19 23/12/2018 by redwes
#1260 Posted: 02:37:41 23/12/2018
Feeling his muscles tense up again, Angora resumed massaging Shade, ignoring Raclaw completely. She didn't want anything to do with him for now, especially since he insisted on being friends with someone he was afraid of and most likely was going to keep causing him pain. Despite wanting to be friends with him and find out for herself if the fur dragon really liked her as Shade claimed, she didn't want to talk to him right now, still feeling rather upset with Raclaw.
---
#1261 Posted: 02:43:10 23/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade gave a slight bow like all dragons did in respect and response. “Thank you Raclaw.”
---
SC
#1262 Posted: 03:59:21 23/12/2018
"You're very welcome.," Raclaw said gracefully returning the gesture. He didn't intend to purposely draw upon Shade's energy any longer, instead relying on Latnok and their new arrangement. After all-- that had been the key initial reason in allowing himself to be claimed by the beloved Guardian, technically owned as far as the collar was concerned. He would no longer need the darkness to override Damon or at least that was the idea. As he looked towards Latnok; the fur dragon gently approached the same side of the deck with Chester in stow. He didn't directly approach and would give the Guardian the space he needed. However, he would also be there in case his troubled companion needed him. And with everything no doubt going through Latnok's head-- he probably needed him now more than ever.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:46:52 23/12/2018 by redwes
#1263 Posted: 14:09:54 23/12/2018
As Ilasi lounged , she suddenly had an idea. Calling upon some of the water, she focused it into a high-pressure jet, knocking away some of the rock that one of the crystals was embedded in. The crystal fell to the floor, and she gingerly picked it up.
"We can keep this as a souvenir," she said. "Would look quite good in a room, I think."

Latnok didn't waste much time wearing away at the bottle - though he didn't quite chug it, he was taking frequent sips of the rum. In contrast to his usual discipline, he was allowing himself to get caught up in the moment, glad that he didn't have as many responsibities as he previously did. As the contents of the bottle went down, Latnok's many thoughts began to race, and the mental barrier he was maintaining became weaker and weaker.
What do you REALLY want? The thought came back to him once again...

Meanwhile, Leoquin watched from the distance. "Latnok doesn't seem to be having the most fun time," he noted with concern. "Either that, or he's having way too much fun..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:10:58 23/12/2018 by A Guy
#1264 Posted: 21:26:34 23/12/2018
Angora massaged Shade for a while longer, until the force of touching those muscles made her tired. She soon fell asleep on the dragolet's shoulders...

As Ilasi lounged , she suddenly had an idea. Calling upon some of the water, she focused it into a high-pressure jet, knocking away some of the rock that one of the crystals was embedded in. The crystal fell to the floor, and she gingerly picked it up.
"We can keep this as a souvenir," she said. "Would look quite good in a room, I think."

"Or a necklace. Maybe a bracelet. I knew a few jewelers in my travels that could be very creative with the materials they provided. I would sometimes give them natural stones so they could make something of it and share my wagers with them." Maverick explained happily, interrupting his previous relaxation when he heard the jet of water. How he missed his traveling merchant job.
---
#1265 Posted: 01:05:01 24/12/2018
Latnok didn't waste much time wearing away at the bottle - though he didn't quite chug it, he was taking frequent sips of the rum. In contrast to his usual discipline, he was allowing himself to get caught up in the moment, glad that he didn't have as many responsibities as he previously did. As the contents of the bottle went down, Latnok's many thoughts began to race, and the mental barrier he was maintaining became weaker and weaker.
What do you REALLY want? The thought came back to him once again...

Meanwhile, Leoquin watched from the distance. "Latnok doesn't seem to be having the most fun time," he noted with concern. "Either that, or he's having way too much fun..."

As Latnok drank and the mental barrier weakened-- some of Latnok's thoughts had began to become more clear. 'What do you REALLY want?,' the beloved Guardian's thoughts echoed in his head. He had heard that particular thought before; it seemed to repeat itself often within Latnok's head. There was something different about it, something out-of-place. Most thoughts were in first person. 'Why can't I...? Where is my...?' This particular thought, however, came through in third person. Such thoughts would normally be more akin to that of ether a memory or someone recalling a memory. And yet, this thought came through as Latnok's own voice and without any obvious memory attached to it. It was almost as if someone had planted the thought into his brain -- and set it so that it would loop over and over again. He had recalled it shortly before/after the collar claim and again throughout the day.

Raclaw couldn't help but wonder if the strange thought had any connections to what happened during Latnok's disappearance. He recalled the details again-- Latnok having seemingly disappeared into a tree alongside another individual. Latnok being 'found' in a place he couldn't have possibly made it to. Latnok suddenly becoming proficient in the use of a Guardian-ability enhancing spear. Latnok suddenly becoming proficient in blocking him. And now there was this thought which seemed to only push the Guardian into doubts every time it occured. "Latnok...," he said in a low voice worried for the bonded companion. He gently approached him and spark in an audible tone. "Latnok-- how long have you been hearing that thought? It.. it sounds like you, but doesn't at the same time. I can't quite put my claw on it, but.. but was it after you came back from the marshlands?," he then said in a worried tone.

MEANWHILE-- "The man has been through a lot. It is not uncommon for humans to drink away their worries.," Risar said noting the fur dragon's approach. If anyone could help the troubled Latnok, perhaps his own companioned fur dragon could. He hoped for the best as some dialogue could be seen.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:15:52 24/12/2018 by redwes
#1266 Posted: 01:22:42 24/12/2018
"Uh... when? Let's see..." Latnok said, as he tried to focus despite his inebriation. "Don't know," he admitted after some time pondering. "Maybe. Why the hell does it matter? Are you trying to police my thoughts? Seeing what else I could be planning? Am I just some monster to you, to be tracked?" Latnok's mood quickly soured at the thought of Raclaw seemingly taking it upon himself to challenge Latnok's own thoughts - or what he believed to be his own thoughts.

"Oh... sounds like you're quite connected, then," Ilasi said, as she went back to relaxing. "I think it's best if you keep it, then. I actually make some trinkets that I sell, but mostly just involving stuff you find on the beach or in the sea. Nothing too fancy. In fact, I was selling things in Orcford when I first saw Latnok and Raclaw." As she mentioned Latnok, Ilasi wondered how he was doing now, after his seeming disappearance - what was it that made him feel the need to step down? Was the amnesia just a front for something which gave him great guilt?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1267 Posted: 01:44:21 24/12/2018
Not noticing her rather downed mood, Maverick proceeded to point out his own opinion on the matter.
"You? Sell? Huh, I never would've guessed. I've gotten so used to seeing you purifying water and working around anything involving the sea that I never would've imagined you selling things. A traveling merchant could be a nice lifestyle for you. And who could resist saying no to such beautiful face?" Maverick said as he moved one eyebrow, complimenting her and almost even flirting. As he finished the sentence, he entered deep in thought. What would happen when their crew member days were over? What would they do then? Maverick hated the idea of going their separate ways, so perhaps... maybe...?

From a certain reptile's shoulders, Angora slumbered away, not realizing the moment she fell asleep. She was so tired she wasn't even hearing anything around her. So much going on. So much danger. So many situations. Her body had to take a rest from the overwhelming stress she was feeling...
---
#1268 Posted: 01:55:39 24/12/2018
"Uh... when? Let's see..." Latnok said, as he tried to focus despite his inebriation. "Don't know," he admitted after some time pondering. "Maybe. Why the hell does it matter? Are you trying to police my thoughts? Seeing what else I could be planning? Am I just some monster to you, to be tracked?" Latnok's mood quickly soured at the thought of Raclaw seemingly taking it upon himself to challenge Latnok's own thoughts - or what he believed to be his own thoughts.

"No no-- I'm not. I'm just worried, that's all.," Raclaw quickly said lowering his ears and backing up slightly. "We still don't know what happened to you on the island. All we know is that you had left with another individual and returned with a new skill set. And then there was that presence just before and just after your return. We know that someone or something is out there. You mentioned being trained-- but not when or how. It is possible that this unknown entity had taken you or perhaps enticed you. And if that is true, than we don't know what else they may have done to you. Whoever or whatever they are clearly wanted something out of you. Perhaps they simply wanted to better you-- or perhaps they had ulterior motives. Latnok-- I worry about you... and I care about you. You know that don't you? After all, we're supposed to have each other's backs right?," Raclaw said continuing to speak in a worried tone and showing somewhat submissive body language. Chester remained nearby, but didn't interfere.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:57:29 24/12/2018 by redwes
#1269 Posted: 02:21:15 24/12/2018
With Maverick's compliment, Ilasi shrank back and blushed, like she did many times before. "Oh, no, I'm not that good at haggling..." she said. "And dealing with all of the bandits outside our borders? Traveling all around by myself would be very dangerous..." Ilasi didn't immediately elaborate on her comment any further - between the thoughts she was having of the crew back on the ship and the current moment, she wondered what would happen when this was all over. Would they all make it? And if they did... where would they all go? Provided she was paid what she was entitled to (which she had no doubt would happen), she would have enough money to be able to freely explore some other options. What then...? What about...

Latnok lowered his head, finally realizing what he was doing. "I'm sorry, Raclaw," he apologized. "I'm... I dunno. I'm not the man I thought I was. I've just been having doubts. A lot of them. I don't know... sometimes I wish things were simpler. As for this entity thing - what purpose does it serve whoever they are to make me more powerful? And why would they just hand me back? I wonder - were they able to understand me?" As Latnok spoke, he found it harder to coalesce his thoughts into words. There were so many things he had to consider, had to question as of late, and that was without having the whole blank space of his disappearance to worry about.

Leoquin observed as Latnok and Raclaw continued to speak. "Raclaw - he sorta reminds me of that beagle," he said. "I wonder how their conversation is going. Latnok doesn't look too happy to me, and neither does Raclaw..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1270 Posted: 02:46:27 24/12/2018
Latnok lowered his head, finally realizing what he was doing. "I'm sorry, Raclaw," he apologized. "I'm... I dunno. I'm not the man I thought I was. I've just been having doubts. A lot of them. I don't know... sometimes I wish things were simpler. As for this entity thing - what purpose does it serve whoever they are to make me more powerful? And why would they just hand me back? I wonder - were they able to understand me?" As Latnok spoke, he found it harder to coalesce his thoughts into words. There were so many things he had to consider, had to question as of late, and that was without having the whole blank space of his disappearance to worry about.

Leoquin observed as Latnok and Raclaw continued to speak. "Raclaw - he sorta reminds me of that beagle," he said. "I wonder how their conversation is going. Latnok doesn't look too happy to me, and neither does Raclaw..."

As Latnok lowered his head-- Raclaw's body language changed to slightly more neutral and he gently approached again. "It's-- it's alright.," the at times dog-like dragon said placing an paw on the Guardian. "We all have our doubts, but.. I'm here for you Latnok. I'm here to help you through this. As for the entity-- I honestly don't know and that worries me. Perhaps they're testing you.. watching you and seeing what you do with these new powers. Or perhaps they still have some connection to you. They may be trying to use you-- to push you in a certain direction or to influence you for some other purpose. I don't know if they could understand you or not, but I wouldn't doubt it. If they could block me and take you with barely a trace, than who knows what else they may be capable of?," he then replied revealing his thoughts and fears on the matter. They were heading into unknown territory and these things.. had presented yet another unknown. 'Were they things or just one?,' he thought close enough to perhaps be audible to Latnok at well.

Risar watched with both concern and slight curiosity. "From what I am told-- Raclaw was raised alongside a dog. That might explain how he is able to communicate with Chester. And it probably explains the rest as well. And no-- they don't look happy at all.," the large minotaur then commented.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:31:39 24/12/2018 by redwes
#1271 Posted: 02:51:01 24/12/2018
Angora slept pleasantly on Shade's warm body... for a while... when she woke up underground, with the blob like individual besides her.

"How long are you intending to keep me?" she asked, as the mark on her hand disappeared. She was free now, but instead of the marsh island, she found a land of horror. Everything was burned to the ground. Nobody was around.
"Wh... who? What happened?" she demanded to know, but the individual didn't answer. At the distance, she spotted Shade, in chains. Except that when she approached him, the chains were broken. They didn't work. The dragolet turned to look at her, and he looked different. More submissive, yet... also more scary. It didn't take long for Angora to realize this was the marsh island, completely annihilated by a crazed Shade. The evil inside him couldn't be stopped. It laid waste to the land before the dragolet returned to normal. The blood moon was over. The evil was gone forever, but not before doing it's fair share of destruction.

Angora looked around and saw with utter terror that the ship didn't survive either. There was almost nothing left but ashes, and what was left of the crew members were a few jewels... and a certain pair's armors. Angora wanted to hope that by some miracle Maverick survived, since his belongings, or at least his hyperspace bag, was nowhere to be found, not even remains. However, Shade beckoned Angora to him... and that's when she realized he had a full belly. The mayority of people and creatures were burned, but a selected few were instead eaten. The troll's worse fears were confirmed when Shade coughed out a piece of cloth... and she knew immediately where it belonged. The dragolet's grief was overwhelming, so he picked a sword, gave it to Angora and lowered his head. Angora was guilt ridden and overwhelmingly depressed, knowing that she was partly the cause of this. She didn't want Shade to die, but for trusting strangers and not resorting to one sacrifice, this is what happened. She had the option to put Shade out of his misery and also have revenge for his lack of resistance and the loss of so many lives. But at the same time, Shade finally had the chance to be himself and live his life without corruption, even if it meant living with the guilt. If Angora killed him, she would be all alone. The damage was already done. The lives were already lost. Sword in hand, Angora just didn't know what to do anymore...

Back in the real world, Angora didn't wake up. She was twitching in her sleep, and pinching Shade as she stirred. She was frowning and crying for a while until she calmed down at last. She was peaceful now, but one had to wonder just what was going inside her stressed little head...

With Maverick's compliment, Ilasi shrank back and blushed, like she did many times before. "Oh, no, I'm not that good at haggling..." she said. "And dealing with all of the bandits outside our borders? Traveling all around by myself would be very dangerous..." Ilasi didn't immediately elaborate on her comment any further - between the thoughts she was having of the crew back on the ship and the current moment, she wondered what would happen when this was all over. Would they all make it? And if they did... where would they all go? Provided she was paid what she was entitled to (which she had no doubt would happen), she would have enough money to be able to freely explore some other options. What then...? What about...

Maverick thought about it very hard as she spoke, having come to a decision, or at least a suggestion.
"Well, what if you don't have to be alone? I mean, the world isn't as beautiful as we wish sometimes, but nobody has to be alone when facing it, you know? I mean, why be alone? There will always be folks who want to do things the violent, dastard way to have an easier life, but people like us don't have to face that. We can have friends... and family protected each other. Or we can all... I don't know, settle someplace and do business in that same place and leave the world traveling for only a few occasions? There are... so many things a person can do with their lives..." Maverick said, almost suggesting to Ilasi he should travel with him and his friends and lead whatever life they decided, but cowering up at the last minute and leaving his sentences through pure implications. He really wanted Ilasi to come trave with him and his friends once this current mission was over, but given the mermaid's still tense relationship with Angora and justified fear of Shade, he simply didn't dare to make such an offer.
---
#1272 Posted: 13:41:57 24/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade had gently layed down by now and gently placed Angora between his paws feeling concern for her. He gently placed a paw over her.
---
SC
#1273 Posted: 13:52:23 24/12/2018
Despite the new change in position, Angora didn't wake up. She was calm now. Whatever she dreamed about, it was over. But even though the nightmare was over and she wasn't twitching, her face looked like a sad, worried one. Too many things going on inside her head, which is why she needed the rest...
---
#1274 Posted: 15:52:10 24/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade could sense this and let her sleep. He moved her a little close to him to keep her warm and comfortable. He instead looked out to the ocean.
---
SC
#1275 Posted: 21:30:46 24/12/2018
Angora felt this, and it was then that she finally opened her eyes. There was the humongous Shade, using his giant paw as a blanket. Despite the horrible nightmare, Angora wasn't afraid of him. She looked up to see his face, and then closed her eyes again to keep sleeping. It was an awful dream no doubt, but this hasn't been the first time it happened. She has had many nightmares before, even with the terrifying behemoth, but in the end, everything always turned out alright. The nightmares were a result of her own stress and paranoia, nothing new to her, which is why despite the traumatic dream, Angora still trusted Shade enough to keep her this close.
---
#1276 Posted: 23:46:56 24/12/2018
Latnok shook his head. "I don't know, I don't care," he replied in response to Raclaw's small thought. "Whatever they are, we'll cross that bridge when we... when we... something. They want to see me stronger? Oh, they'll see stronger... I haven't even begun yet. Hell, I'm already a monster... just like all the ones I fight... I'm dangerous, real dangerous, don't... don't mess with me!" Latnokk took another swig of rum as his sentences became less coherent.
Meanwhile, Leoquin continued to observe. "Eh, maybe he's having a bit too much fun," Leoquin said somewhat sheepishly. He wasn't going to interrupt Latnok, however. He was sure the Guardian could handle himself - or, at the very worst, Raclaw could handle him.

Ilasi idn't know quite what to think of what Maverick said. He did suggest that she not be by herself - but didn't go as far as to say who she should accompany. Was Maverick just not being forward? Did he not want to send Ilasi the wrong message? Or did he figure that she should be someone else's problem? Unsure of how to respond, Ilasi gave a nervous laugh. "Yeah, that's a good idea, maybe, I think, uh..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1277 Posted: 01:10:24 25/12/2018
"That's right, that's right-- we're cross that bridge when we get to it. And whoever or whatever they are-- we'll take them.," Raclaw said laying down and loosely wrapping his tail around the more-than-buzzed Guardian. He gave a slight smile at the sight of the drunk Latnok, something that had been rarely seen. He would be there to comfort the beloved companion and if need be; he would be there to 'walk him home.' Chester sniffed the air and could smell a strong whiff of alcohol, a scent that the little Beagle had once been very familiar with. He recalled memories of his old drunken master passed out in a chair. Raclaw looked down at the little dog and gave a reassuring nod, as if to say that Latnok would be alright.

Risar watched alongside Leoquin, finding the sight equally entertaining. "Oh-- He'll feel that later. Even the strongest iron stomach can't save you from a good hangover.," the large minotaur said noting the now mostly empty looking rum bottle. He gave a hearty laugh as his gold nose ring and 1½ links of chain 'blew' slightly from the resulting huff, omitting a brief rattling noise. He followed the hearty laugh with a big grin, recalling a fun time from the past.
---
#1278 Posted: 03:02:29 25/12/2018
Ilasi idn't know quite what to think of what Maverick said. He did suggest that she not be by herself - but didn't go as far as to say who she should accompany. Was Maverick just not being forward? Did he not want to send Ilasi the wrong message? Or did he figure that she should be someone else's problem? Unsure of how to respond, Ilasi gave a nervous laugh. "Yeah, that's a good idea, maybe, I think, uh..."

Maverick didn't know what to say immediately. He put his hand on the back of his neck and then pulled his head up through his millet. He wanted to tell Ilasi what he was thinking, but he was too embarrased.
"Well, you know, uh, you got a traveller here. I know you still don't like Angorita too much, and Oscurito... well he'll get better. I know he will. And she... well you have seen she isn't so bad. And Dahlia... she's crazy about you, you know? I mean, maybe more about you than me, so..." Maverick fidgeted, feeling beyond ridiculous. He knew Ilasi had sensitive emotions, so he really couldn't put his sentences better.
---
#1279 Posted: 14:00:46 25/12/2018
As Raclaw finished speaking, Latnok downed the rest of the bottle of rum before tossing it overboard. Though he had some scattered thoughts, he couldn't quite figure out how to turn them into words, or at least not perfect sentences - and so he didn't say anything more, but instead looked out blankly onto the horizon. He was probably not going to have the most fun time the next time he woke up, but he was okay, for the moment.

Ilasi gave a bit of a nervous smile at Maverick's suggestion. So he was really offering her the opportunity to travel with them - was it out of pity or guilt? Or was it genuine? Maverick certainly did seem like the honest type...
"M-maybe I'll take you up on that," she said. "Dahlia certainly is some pleasant company... you're pleasant company... I hope I'm, uh, pleasant, pleasant company," she continued nervously. At the same time, she was kicking herself mentally - why was she getting so worked up about this? She was just making a fool out of herself - she could do better than that.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1280 Posted: 14:50:57 25/12/2018
Quote:
As Raclaw finished speaking, Latnok downed the rest of the bottle of rum before tossing it overboard. Though he had some scattered thoughts, he couldn't quite figure out how to turn them into words, or at least not perfect sentences - and so he didn't say anything more, but instead looked out blankly onto the horizon. He was probably not going to have the most fun time the next time he woke up, but he was okay, for the moment.

As Latnok quickly drowned the rest of the bottle and merely stared bleakly into the distance-- Raclaw tightened his tail wrap and surrounded the Guardian in warmth. "That's alright. You don't have the say anything-- just relax and know that you are surrounded by friends.," the claimed fur dragon gently said as Chester hopped into his head.. almost as if on que. "Lay your head down if you wish. I won't mind.," he than said with a gentle smile inviting the Guardian to use him as an comfortable pillow if he so chose to. He would welcome any such action-- even petting if the thought somehow occurred to the Guardian. He wouldn't even care if the others saw them. He was Latnok's and Latnok's was his-- his human, Guardian, companion, friend, and now owner in a sense. He would be there whenever Latnok needed him, just as Latnok would be there for him now.
---
#1281 Posted: 17:15:28 25/12/2018
Angora managed to catch her sleep again, this time, without any nightmares. She believed she already wasted time being negative and paranoid. There was still the matter of the deal, but how much could these strangers gain from her anyway? If they wanted her dead, they would've attempted on her life already, but there was none of the matter. Perhaps an errand only a troll could do? Whatever it was, Angora didn't want to worry about it too much and just focus on their end of the deal.

Ilasi gave a bit of a nervous smile at Maverick's suggestion. So he was really offering her the opportunity to travel with them - was it out of pity or guilt? Or was it genuine? Maverick certainly did seem like the honest type...
"M-maybe I'll take you up on that," she said. "Dahlia certainly is some pleasant company... you're pleasant company... I hope I'm, uh, pleasant, pleasant company," she continued nervously. At the same time, she was kicking herself mentally - why was she getting so worked up about this? She was just making a fool out of herself - she could do better than that.

Maverick shook his head and chuckled a little, still finding it rather amusing how the cute Ilasi always doubted herself.
"Of course you will Ilasi. We all like you, even Angora. She might've been a little upset with you before, but that doesn't mean she hates you. In fact, look how many times she has seen us together. How many times we've left the ship while she's around and she hasn't stopped or interrupted us. I don't think she's even angry with you anymore. And Shade, well, he might have issues right now, but he also likes you." Maverick said ecstatically, glad that Ilasi understood his intentions and knowing Shade and Angora were the main reason for her doubts. He wanted to assure her she would be welcome whatever she decided.
---
#1282 Posted: 18:22:06 25/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade let Angora rest her head on his arm still keeping a paw over her. He then looked in the direction of Maverick and gave a small smile.
---
SC
#1283 Posted: 18:28:56 25/12/2018
At Raclaw's offer, Latnok obliged, laying his head down on the fur dragon's soft, cozy body. Inadvertently, Latnok found his hands running through the dragon's fur - shortly before he fell into his alcohol-induced slumber.
"Well..." Leoquin commented off to the side. "I guess we should just leave them to it? Maybe Latnok will feel a bit better after he wakes up - and after his headache goes away. Hmm, I never would've taken him to be the type of guy to do that sort of thing... always seemed pretty, uh, proper to me."

Ilasi gave a reluctant smile with Maverick's reassurance. "Thank you," she said meekly. "I hope you're right... spending time with you, like this, is quite relaxing - I just don't want any problems, you know?" After she finished, Ilasi immediately turned away, somewhat embarrassed by what she just said.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1284 Posted: 22:03:35 25/12/2018
As Angora continued to sleep without nightmares or interruptions, Maverick remained in the cave, still in awe on how many self doubt a person could have.
"You worry too much about everything Ilasi. You have to learn to just... live, you know? My friends and I, yeah, we've faced trouble before, but no matter how dire a situation looks, it is always solved somehow. Shade's problem is only temporary. The Guardians can help, but also Angora. He loves her dearly and always listens to her. You met Shade, and as you said in the trial, he never once tried to hurt you. As for Angora, you heard her herself. She never hated you. Heck, she doesn't even hate señor Latnok even though it would be understandable if she did." Maverick expressed, feeling so comfortable and relaxed around Ilasi that he wasn't stamerring anymore.

After a pause that lasted almost nothing, he continued.
"You know that silvery white dragon that appeared before the capitán when the White Shadow was defeated? This may come as a shocker to you, but that was the one one and only Galaxy Dragon himself. And believe it or not, he really likes Angorita. If she has magic, it's thanks to him. He saw something in her Ilasi. A heart and soul like no other. I know it may not look like it, but Angora really is a great girl. I know she's one of the main reason why you're so worried... but I can promise you that if you get to know her better and give her a chance, I know you can be great friends." Maverick concluded, knowing there was still friction between the two, and letting Ilasi know beyond the shadow of a doubt who the shiny, white dragon was. He knew that Angora'a stubborness and Ilasi's self doubts were still an issue, but Maverick firmly believed that if only they talked to each other more, the issue could be easily solved.
---
#1285 Posted: 23:05:46 25/12/2018
Quote:
At Raclaw's offer, Latnok obliged, laying his head down on the fur dragon's soft, cozy body. Inadvertently, Latnok found his hands running through the dragon's fur - shortly before he fell into his alcohol-induced slumber.
"Well..." Leoquin commented off to the side. "I guess we should just leave them to it? Maybe Latnok will feel a bit better after he wakes up - and after his headache goes away. Hmm, I never would've taken him to be the type of guy to do that sort of thing... always seemed pretty, uh, proper to me."

As Latnok ran his hands through his soft delicate fur, Raclaw actually found himself admitting a subtle yet deep dragon-like purr-- having not felt and enjoyed such a motion in a long long time. Most dared not touch him in such a manner, seeing and/or wanting to respect his Guardian status as a free dragon. Even Maverick, when offered the opportunity, declined and had instead patted him as if he were just another person. He had secretly enjoyed the act of being petted, despite how 'pet-like' it would make him look.

Soon Latnok was sound asleep and unable to move-- Raclaw would opt to take a 'cat nap' for himself. Lifting his wing over the slumber induced Latnok and covering the beloved Guardian like a feather blanket; he laid his head down and soon fell asleep himself. Chester, still on top of his head, did the same and trio became a pile of sleeping souls. Each of them would keep the others warm, comfortable, and briefly trapped in a world of precious dreams.
---
#1286 Posted: 00:14:31 26/12/2018
"Orion? Really? That's... amazing!" Ilasi said. Ilasi found Maverick's claim to be just a little bit farfetched - though the group no doubt had many run-ins with the unusual things, meeting Orion? She had her doubts - but Maverick wasn't going to deliberately mislead her. She would ask some others, perhaps the captain, about the dragon.
That was a matter for another time, however. The two had this moment - though the sun was still up, they couldn't stay here forever. They could salvage more of the shipwreck later - for now, they had the moment and each other's company to enjoy.
"Angora's really lucky to have someone like you, Maverick. Anyone would be."

Some time, Latnok began to rouse from sleep - the moon was showing, not that Latnok could really pay attention to it on account of his head. Raclaw was covering him - how did he get to that point? Oh, yeah, my head... of course that's how it happened. The sleep recovery was good at healing wounds - but the hangover would be much more persistent. Latnok settled for going back to sleep, feeling quite comfortable in Raclaw's furry embrace, though he probably wouldn't admit as much for the sake of his image as a warrior - not that getting up would at all be productive in his current state.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1287 Posted: 00:32:13 26/12/2018
Maverick blushed at her comment, feeling honored but undeserving of the praise.
"I... try. Anyway, sorry to have bore you with so much information. I can be a little... passionate about certain subjects. I understand it may be too much to take in in one go, so let's just... enjoy the moment here. There will be time for us to catch up on many things." Maverick apologized, deciding to stop the conversation there if Ilasi wished, though open to talk more if she so desired or simply sit and listen. Whatever happened, he was just happy to be there with her, and that their previously strained relationship could be repaired.
---
#1288 Posted: 00:41:12 26/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade by now was sleeping. He still have Angora in his paws his body slightly wrapped around her. He whimpered having a few nightmares but they eventually stopped. His body did however give off a very faint black aura as the blood moon was only two days away. He held Angora close.
---
SC
#1289 Posted: 00:44:31 26/12/2018
Quote:
Some time, Latnok began to rouse from sleep - the moon was showing, not that Latnok could really pay attention to it on account of his head. Raclaw was covering him - how did he get to that point? Oh, yeah, my head... of course that's how it happened. The sleep recovery was good at healing wounds - but the hangover would be much more persistent. Latnok settled for going back to sleep, feeling quite comfortable in Raclaw's furry embrace, though he probably wouldn't admit as much for the sake of his image as a warrior - not that getting up would at all be productive in his current state.

At some point-- Raclaw had gently opened his eyes only to still feel the weight of both the sleeping Chester and the passed out Latnok. Trapped in his own voluntary embrace, he opted to go back to sleep rather than disturb the others. It was a precious and comfortable moment and one that he almost never would've expected considering everything that happened in the last few days. At another point, Chester had awoken as well only to find both Raclaw and Latnok still asleep. And while the little Beagle could've sneaked off, he too opted to resume his comfortable rest on top of his favorite fur dragon's head. It would appear that the trio would make for lost time and in Latnok's case-- a downed bottle of rum. Both Raclaw and Chester appeared to have peaceful dreams, while Latnok was almost too buried to tell. 'So comfortable... so soft...,' Chester thought before falling back asleep.
---
#1290 Posted: 01:48:27 26/12/2018
That night, Latnok dreamed lightly - unlike his usual dreams, however, there was no combat, and he was basking in the peace of a meadow. He was tossing a ball out, and a beagle fetched it - something which was repeated for a while. Despite the simplicity of the task, there was something rather satisfying about it. Maybe company of this sort had its purpose... or maybe playing fetch with a dog would be all that would be left for him to do once everyone sapient escaped his presence or dismissed him once they had no need of him or no need to be near him.
As Latnok dreamed, Leoquin eventually turned in for the night - a bit later than usual, considering his morning awakening, but at a reasonable time. Ilasi, after the day out with Maverick, returned to the ship rather elated with the experience. She had quite a lot to think about regarding that... but maybe there would be more opportunities to explore doing things like that more often.

With the sun beginning to peek over the horizon, Sere stepped out onto the deck - he would be getting Veris for a morning flight, to give Veris the chance to exercise as he so often liked to do. The ship would be moving out - they would be heading into the danger zone. There was not going to be any hesitation, however - it wasn't anything they weren't going to do before. A minor detour at most. The men would be ready - this was the adventure that many of them were so eager to have.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1291 Posted: 02:29:06 26/12/2018
Maverick and Ilasi had dozed off in the cave after a while, but just before midnight, they had returned to the ship, with Ilasi going to her own cabin. He thanked her for the awesome time, and then headed to Dahlia's enclosure to spend some time with her and talk about his experience since Angkra was still asleep by the time he returned. He then spent the remaining of the night in his own cabin, having missed his own bed. He was still asleep by the time the sun appeared.

Angora had woken up very early, while still night. It was about 3:00AM to 4:00AM. Shade was asleep, so she carefully removed his paw from her body. Bored and knowing everybody else was asleep, she put on her gloves and started to do a few chores, such as mopping the deck and cleaning the tables. She didn't think anyone would notice, so this was mostly to distract herself. She was nearby when Sere mounted Veris and flew off along the morning sun, giving a small smile in return. At least Sere had the decency to treat his mount well and gave it the much needed excercise a creature like him needed.
---
#1292 Posted: 02:39:51 26/12/2018
As Latnok dreamed-- so too did Raclaw and Chester. The later was gracefully souring on Raclaw's back, as Raclaw flew over a vast and endless ocean. The little beagle would stick his tongue and watched as some droll simply blew away in the wind. It was both an relaxing and exhilarating experience and one that he hoped to repeat some day in the real world. Raclaw's dream, on other hand, took him back to the Guardian base only it wasn't an old memory. While as he had often simply relived a memory in his dreams; this dream presented itself as something new and original. He found himself in one of the base's various chambers (the main chamber?) next to both Chester and Latnok. The three were running around-- chasing each other, throwing a ball around, and generally having a good time. "Catch me if you can Raclaw!," Latnok shouted as an happy Raclaw gave chase. "Again! Again! Throw it again!," the voice of a very happy Chester could be heard as Latnok throw the ball for fourth, fifth, or sixth time. This repeated for some time until the sun began to rise-- and the dream began to wind down. "That was fun wasn't it? Want to do it again... and every day?," Latnok asked looked at a happy but tired Raclaw. "I thought you would never ask. The answer-- the answer is...," the dreamed ended as the fur dragon's eyes gently awoke.

As Raclaw awoke, the sight of an awake Chester greeted him. The little Beagle had woken not but a few minutes prior, but hadn't made any conscious effort to wake up the others prematurely. Instead-- he was simply laying down near, but not on Raclaw and watching the two most favorite 'people' in his world. "Hey Chester-- Morning.," Raclaw greeted in a low but gentle tone. He could still feel the weight of the beloved Guardian just barely waking up with his head still resting on his comfortable fur-covered body. Some spots had particularly soft fur, having just grown in. Other spots, particularly around the neck area, were still slightly more barren but slowly coming back. He wouldn't wake Latnok up prematurely ether, but rather would let the Guardian wake up in his own time. Elsewhere-- Risar was already on deck and preparing the crew for the day ahead.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:43:39 26/12/2018 by redwes
#1293 Posted: 03:03:07 26/12/2018
Slowly, Latnok began to bring his head up as he awoke, taking in his current surroundings. He was slightly disoriented at first, being unaware of where exactly he was - after a few moments, however, he recalled that he had fallen asleep on the deck with Raclaw. He was out for quite a while, no doubt.
Though Latnok still had a slight headache and some dizziness, he was recovered enough to function. Gently, he lifted himself away from the fur dragon.
"Good morning, Raclaw. Hey, Chester. You guys up for some breakfast? I'll cook." Latnok wouldn't bother himself with cooking for the rest of the crew - they weren't his problem anymore. For his two best - and, as far as he was concerned, only - friends, however, he was more than happy to offer his services.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1294 Posted: 03:10:05 26/12/2018
"Yes please!," Chester barked looking up at Latnok to whom he knew could now flawlessly understand him. Raclaw's new bond would carry some benefit to him as well in that sense. "I'm starving.," Raclaw said as his stomach growled -- the trio having essentially slept through most of the previous day.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:10:57 26/12/2018 by redwes
#1295 Posted: 03:25:12 26/12/2018
"Okay, then. You guys wait right here," Latnok said with a slight smile - especially pleased with Chester's eager response, still amazed that he could understand the beagle clearly now. He began to make his way to the kitchen, knowing exactly what he would prepare - some beef.
Before long, he had the preserved meat out and portioned, cooking with the assistance of his magic. Once it was all done, he had the portions all put in appropriate bowls for their recipients, adding bowls of water and a cup for himself onto a tray, before bringing it back to where his two companions were waiting.
"Here you go," Latnok said, as he presented the tray to Raclaw and Chester. Laying it down, he took a seat on the deck, grabbing his own bowl and beginning to eat.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1296 Posted: 03:55:02 26/12/2018
Maverick was still asleep. Angora spotted Latnok and made sure she stayed very far away from him when he walked. She remained very far in both the instances where he went down the stairs and when he returned with the food for his fluff balls of friends. It smelled delicious, but she preferred Maverick's cooking. If the hybrid decided to cook for the crew like in a few occasions, at least he was saved the trouble of cooking for three crew members, which was something. Having done enough chores for several hours, Angora sat on Shade's belly carefully to avoid waking him and started fiddling with the orb around her neck, the very artifact that once belonged to the staff she used to carry. It would sometimes emit a light inside that resembled a galaxy, and while it wasn't much, it was entertaining to watch.
---
#1297 Posted: 04:28:31 26/12/2018
As Angora contemplated the orb, the mark on her hand began to glow, giving her hand a slight vibration. "Today, we will fulfill our end of the agreement," the familiar voice said. "We will ensure that the ship has safe travel. Once our end is fulfilled, then all that will be left is your reciprocation. You will be pleased by the end result. The world you want - the dragon is an important part of it, is he not? You will find that our goals will coincide quite frequently. Remember; the opportunity will come. You will be reconstructed. Better than ever before. With the friends you desire. You will no longer have to live in fear of those you should be able to trust. Remember..." As the voice finished speaking, Angora's hand would stop giving off the subtle vibration, though the mark, visible only to her, would still give off a soft glow, waiting for any sort of response.

Meanwhile, as the sun began to come up higher, Ilasi awoke and climbed out of her bed, having had more than enough rest the night before. Did they really sleep in the cave? Or was it just a really strong dream? As real as it seemed, Ilasi wasn't confident that such a thing would go so well - she would ask Maverick about it, whenever he awoke.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1298 Posted: 04:39:30 26/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade started to wake up as he stretched a little. Feeling something on his belly he looked to see Angora. “You’re up early.”
---
SC
#1299 Posted: 04:47:34 26/12/2018
Angora was so startled by the sudden message she almost dropped the orb. She wasn't expecting a message from the stranger today, even less for her hand to vibrate like that when all the symbol had done until now was glow. She didn't even noticed Shade waking up and greeting her. It was almost as if she was in a trance. She could still feel the stranger's eerie presence, and even though she knew telepathy would be painful, there was something she desperately needed to know.
"... Recons... struct?" she asked, the word still bothering her. She wanted to ask the question in a full sentence, but the tremendous headache didn't let her. The pain almost made her cry. The stranger still insisted he wanted to help her, but at the same time insisted on the reconstruction, a word that could have many meanings. Just what could he possibly mean by that? Was he talking about somewhat training her? Or something as horrible as literally taking her apart? The word, it was that dreaded word that had Angora so uneasy. Despite yesterday's terrible nightmare, she really wanted to think positive, but with the deal still being in her future, she really feared on what awaited her.

From his cabin, Maverick was also opening his eyes. He had very pleasant dreams. His cabin's bed wasn't very comfortable, yet he still felt like he slept in a cloud. Yesterday with Ilasi was wonderful, and if she decided to travel with him and his friends, he knew the mermaid would give that extra spark of life and fun they so desperately needed.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:48:59 26/12/2018 by Felines
#1300 Posted: 05:57:07 26/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade gently nudged Angora. “Hey are you awake yet?” He was slightly concerned with her.
---
SC
First | Previous | Page 26 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me