Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open)
First | Previous | Page 23 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open) [CLOSED]
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8617
#1101 Posted: 21:16:01 12/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade looked in the direction of the cracking and rumbling as well. “What was that?” Shade said.
---
SC
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1102 Posted: 10:42:05 13/12/2018
As Sere neared the source, there was no actual sign of any sort of ground breaking - there was, however, a man in a cloak. Sere approached the site with Veris; the man didn't seem to have any sort of reaction as they came down.
Upon landing, Sere dismounted. "... Greetings," he said guardedly. "You wouldn't happen to know the source of that disturbance just now, would you?"
"Disturbance? Oh, you must mean the signal," the man said as his face remained mostly hidden by the cloak. "I thought it would get your attention."
Sere became much more wary as the stranger's intentions were revealed. "Why would you want my attention?" he demanded. "What's your business?"
"Oh, don't pretend that no one should know who you are," the figute retorted. "You are the leader of a powerful organization. You and your men defeated the White Shadow. Of course I know who you are."
"... What's your business?" Sere repeated insistently.
"I figure that someone like you may be willing to engage in something mutually beneficial," the figure said. "We know of your little... dragon problem. And, well, I may have a solution. You see, I have a quarry with some rather rare ores. My workers are ready to mine - but, you see, there is one problem. There are dangerous creatures down there, creatures that they are not equipped to handle. With your combat prowess, I figure that you and a few of your men may be able to solve this problem for us."
"How do you know of this 'dragon problem?'" Sere asked.
"We've sensed the power... we know of the Scourge of Redwater. And we know of the blood moon. Please, though, let me continue. In exchange for your services, we will be willing to forge some of this metal for you into the tools you would need to secure your dragon friend. Perhaps we may even have more to offer, like a place to keep him. Please, consider this."
Sere was extremely reluctant to make any immediate decision - the offer was, however, tempting. "I will need some time to think about it," Sere said.
"I will appear here as soon as you arrive," the man said. The matter settled, Sere mounted Veris, heading back to the ship.

"Breakfast? Uh... I don't know," Ilasi said. "I'll let you surprise me on that one! If you're just cooking one meal for the rest of the crew, that's okay too." Ilasi was rather pleased that Maverick was goi g out of his way to ensure that he would make a meal she liked; it wasn't something she expected, so it was a pleasantly surprising gesture. Regardless, she always felt a little embarrassed asking him for anything.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:46:03 13/12/2018 by A Guy
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#1103 Posted: 10:48:06 13/12/2018
Dex and the others had made it to the city of Redwater and they had already splited up like they have planed.

”This feels nice. Simply doing a job, not more not less.” Dex said whitout really thinking it too much.

”Well after everything that has happend in this short time I have to agree. But where should we start, the blackmarket maybe? Btw I think you have never made a new deal with them after the league became the guild” Sapphire said

”Thats a good idea. And about that, the ones opereting behind blackmarkets do know about it for sure, but because they have not said anything towards us, it seems they do not care. As long as nobody says anything the deals made by the league will hold, and right now I have no interest to change those. But we should get going, because of the high security in here the blackmarket is pretty small, we should get all the information we can get pretty fast” Dex said and started to walk

” Coming leader” Sapphire said with a playfull voice. ” I have to wonder when did you become this great leader that always knows what to do. And to think of it I was always sure that i would have to explain my feelings to you with somekind of book. And then you ask me to be with you infront of a guild that just have accepted you as their leader..... every creature can chenge they say, seems to be True.” Sapphire said, once again making Dex blush.

”Well I......” Dex said not really knowing what he really was about to say before Sapphire gave him a quick nuzzle ” Hey we have work to do, and remember you dont like talking” Sapphire said once again clearly happy about the way Dex reacted.

So the two made their way to the blackmarket asking for rumors about their target.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1104 Posted: 14:56:57 13/12/2018
From her hiding place, after the tremor was over, Angora had been trying and thinking very hard on how to approach Latnok and Sere and suggest them about the island and chains. The plan was to convince them to chain Shade to an abandon island and wait for the stranger to give the chains and claim she managed to find it, given she wanted to keep their deal and existence a secret.

However, then plan was shattered when she went to see where Sere and Veris were heading and spied them and their visitor from one side of the ship, and found to her surprise a cloaked figure that was too similar to the one that did her handshake. Couldn't be, could it? Did the chains? We're they claiming her already? This stranger and whoever their friends were had been so secretive so far. Why did he chose until now to appear before Sere? Angora was a nervous wreck thinking about it. She was regretting making a deal, and was angry at herself for deciding to ask this scary society for the favor instead of trying to get the metal herself.

Quote: A Guy
"Breakfast? Uh... I don't know," Ilasi said. "I'll let you surprise me on that one! If you're just cooking one meal for the rest of the crew, that's okay too." Ilasi was rather pleased that Maverick was goi g out of his way to ensure that he would make a meal she liked; it wasn't something she expected, so it was a pleasantly surprising gesture. Regardless, she always felt a little embarrassed asking him for anything.

Maverick shook his head and smiled, Ilasi shy and nervous as predictably so.
"I'm not in the mood to cook to everybody today. Just a few. I know some are praising my work... but well, it's very tiring work you know. Perhaps another day. Already gave food to Shade and Angorita, but I figured you would've wanted something in particular. I may bring something to señor Raclaw and his beagle amigo later, and the capitán and señor Latnok if they asked, but that's it." Maverick said with honesty, hoping Ilasi didn't think too low of him for refusing to cook for everybody like he did often. Cooking for dozens of people, as well as the decorations, was really exhausting work for him, especially since he didn't have any magic to aid him.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1105 Posted: 16:45:32 13/12/2018
With Sere and Veris returning, Veris was soon herded into his enclosure. Sere soon came out, to telepath Latnok. "We may have a solution to Shade," he said. "It involves helping out a mining operation by fighting some creatures. I'll dwell on it, and get back to you."
Latnok didn't question Sere as the older Guardian headed back into the ship. Instead, he wondered why Sere was still bothering to consort with him.
"Godfather Sere may have a solution," Latnok announced to the two. "We'll wait while he makes his decision."

Ilasi gave a slight blush, flattered by Maverick offering a meal just for her and a few other people. "Well... In that case, I guess I could have some poultry," she said. "Only if it's not too much of a problem. Don't worry too much about me." Though Ilasi ate plenty of fish, it was a little too familiar - she generally took the opportunity to eat meat from land animals when she got the chance
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1106 Posted: 17:04:35 13/12/2018
"Great then. Coming right up." Maverick said ever kindly as he headed to the kitchen, spotting Angora heading near Shade again. He had been a little worried given she wasn't around him like in the morning, but figured she disappeared for that while and hid herself from the Guardians while they talked to Shade. As for Ilasi, he imagined she would've want some poultry. She already had enough venison and fish was something she had too much of, so it was understandable while she wanted to vary.

Angora remained near Shade, or rather behind him, not wanting to be seen by the Guardians. She looked at Veris and sort of missed the moments where she vented with him. Even though he could sort of talk, she missed the moment where the wyvern simply listened, even though she couldn't understand his replies, if he did. Less than half an hour later after that, Maverick returned with some meals, which didn't go unnoticed by her. He was bearing a smile, so she was pleased to know that at least one of their singular trio was happy. Maverick had a very small cart, on it five platters, including Raclaw and Chester's unique bowls. He had brought meals for Latnok and Sere as well, knowing how busy the captain was and wanting to make Latnok feel welcomed and demonstrate to him that he bears no grudges. But before going to them, he headed to Ilasi first.
"Hey fair maiden. Ladies first. I got you what you wanted." Maverick said as he showed her platter, a medium sized chicken with grapes in the form of the lake where they first met and small pieces of broccoli resembling the forest around, and the chicken resembling the mountain, adorned in what seemed like licorice in the form of a ribbon. The other platters were decorated as well, even Chester's, but none were as beautiful and detailed as Ilasi's.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:08:18 13/12/2018 by Felines
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8593
#1107 Posted: 19:58:36 13/12/2018
With Sere and Veris returning, Veris was soon herded into his enclosure. Sere soon came out, to telepath Latnok. "We may have a solution to Shade," he said. "It involves helping out a mining operation by fighting some creatures. I'll dwell on it, and get back to you."
Latnok didn't question Sere as the older Guardian headed back into the ship. Instead, he wondered why Sere was still bothering to consort with him.
"Godfather Sere may have a solution," Latnok announced to the two. "We'll wait while he makes his decision."

"See? I told you we would find a solution.," Raclaw said with a smile looking at the worried Shade. As they began to wait, Raclaw looked at Latnok and thought about a few things-- briefly appearing lost in thought. His beloved Guardian had now known (and gotten to personality experience) almost every aspect of his life prior to the Guardians. Damon had not only showed him the memories concerning himself, but rather EVERYTHING from his being found and onwards. That wasn't what Raclaw had originally intended Damon to do, but glad that it had been done. There were no secrets between them now-- and now both he and Latnok could reconcile and maybe become even closer friends.

Damon had almost complete control over when him when the collar entity desired it; having even been able to use his own collar commands thanks to having shared access (at best) to his own telepathic abilities. It had taken drawing upon Shade's alternate dark energy to override him even once-- and that in itself had carried great risk. As he comfortably waited near Latnok, he glanced around the deck and back at Latnok. It looked as if Maverick had prepared a few meals, but that wasn't his immediate concern. "Latnok--," he telecommunicated to the Guardian. "When we have a moment, I would like to speak to you alone. And Chester of course.," he said not immediately saying what the subject was.

Elsewhere, Risar issued orders and kept up with the ongoing repairs. He observed the ongoing Human/Dragon bond that was Raclaw and Latnok-- and was pleased to see that they were at least somewhat comfortable in each other's presence. It was obvious that they both had a lot to think about and that it would take time to fully resolve certain matters, but perhaps there was still hope yet for the unique duo. Latnok reminded him more and more of his old master. They were both good men and both very responsible guardians. For as long as he was with him-- Raclaw would have nothing to worry about. It was evident that there were some learning curves when it came to befriending a telepathic fur dragon, but also evident that Latnok had gone past most such hurdles and that the two had gotten farther than most in their positions. With his history, Raclaw had every reason to resist such an arrangement and yet-- he had fully embraced it thus far. The only question was just how far the two would take it.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:13:42 13/12/2018 by redwes
#1108 Posted: 21:12:18 13/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade breathed a sigh of relief when they found a solution. “I hope this will help me.” He looked at the Now setting moon and the now rising sun. The look of worry could be seen on his face.
---
SC
#1109 Posted: 21:16:44 13/12/2018
Angora looked at Maverick and Ilasi and was glad those two were able to leave behind the misunderstandings between them, though deep inside, she was still a little upset with the mermaid and the way she treated the sweet hybrid before. She seemed to be treating him well now though, even more so the other way around, but even with that small happy scene, Angora still had too many fears and issues. But she wasn't going to sit around doing nothing. With a lowered head and shaking, she went to the captain to ask him a question.
"Captain Sere? Who was... that...?" Angora said, almost saying man, having wanted to say thing, but she didn't want to cast any suspiscions and asked as if she was only curious. She asked with the same fear and wariness as before. Her fear didn't concentrated to Latnok alone anymore. Sere had also treated her badly, so the fear Raclaw had forced into the open had extended to the old Guardian as well.
---
#1110 Posted: 21:49:13 13/12/2018
Sere stopped in his tracks as Angora asked him about the experience. "That was the source of the rumbling," he said. "He has a deal for us - we help his mining operation by clearing out some creatures in the area, and he'll help us build powerful chains, and provide us a platform to shackle Shade onto. Presumably, the material is ore that can be turned into very strong metal - either by itself or as an alloy. I am going to think about it - seems suspicious, but our only other option at the moment is to kill Shade."
As Sere spoke, he thought more about the situation - being that miners wanted to push deeper, caves were likely, which would make an army infeasible. He would take some of his best men if he decided to go with the offer.

Ilasi gave a bright smile upon seeing her meal - Maverick always took so much effort, though he never had to. "Wow... Thank you!" she said excitedly. "You're always so thoughtful. I wish I could say the same for certain others..."
As Ilasi took a further look at the bowl, she began to notice all of the small details. "Wait... this can't be... Is that where we met?!" He couldn't have taken the effort to find the lake and surrounding area on a map just for a breakfast which would be eaten and disappear, would he?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1111 Posted: 22:33:38 13/12/2018
"Of course. I thought it would be a nice touch. When I left on Shade back then, I saw the lake and valley, and I managed to memorize it in that little instant." Maverick admitted, the experience of meeting her having been so pleasant, that he managed to remember the place with accurate detail.

Sere stopped in his tracks as Angora asked him about the experience. "That was the source of the rumbling," he said. "He has a deal for us - we help his mining operation by clearing out some creatures in the area, and he'll help us build powerful chains, and provide us a platform to shackle Shade onto. Presumably, the material is ore that can be turned into very strong metal - either by itself or as an alloy. I am going to think about it - seems suspicious, but our only other option at the moment is to kill Shade."
As Sere spoke, he thought more about the situation - being that miners wanted to push deeper, caves were likely, which would make an army infeasible. He would take some of his best men if he decided to go with the offer.

Angora cringed with the thought. As she expected, Sere was considering the easy way out. His solution to everything dangerous was always to kill it, like he would've done with the White Shadow if it wasn't for Orion's timely intervenience. However, she was even more angry with the stranger. He made her feel forced to make a deal with him in order to get the metal, yet even with all their power, they dared to ask for help. What's worse, if Sere chose her as one of the mining party, the deal would've been almost for nothing from her part.
"Ok... I see..." Angora replied with a small nod that almost looked like a bow before retreating, not saying anything about Shade. If the individual and his friends couldn't retrieve the metal by themselves, then why did they make the deal only to involve Sere and his team afterwards? Have they tricked her? Or were they tricking Sere? As soon as she was done talking to the Godfather, she tried to find a hiding place so that she could communicate with the mysterious dealer again. He had so much explaining to do...
---
#1112 Posted: 00:16:21 14/12/2018
Latnok gave Raclaw a solemn nod. "Let me know whatever you need to," he said. "I won't be doing anything important right now, so feel free to meet me at my room when you're ready." With the situation resolved, Latnok decided to head back to rest. What could Raclaw have to talk to him about? He wondered if it was about the cave incident - something he was hoping to leave behind, but knew would always linger.

Without further ado, Ilasi took her dish. "I really appreciate all of the efort you go through just to decorate this," she said. "You really don't have to, you know - I'd appreciate the food as-is! I can imagine that that particular aspect could be quite time-consuming..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1113 Posted: 01:48:22 14/12/2018
Angora soon found a place among the barrels similar to the one near Shade, and making sure nobody was around, so started to speak telepathically, wanting to remain hidden despite knowing the message couldn't be intercepted by the sailors.
"Alright you! What gives? And don't you dare ignore me! Why didn't you tell me you couldn't get the metal alone? Why did you have to involve the Guardians? The deal was nobody would get hurt, but Sere will most likely bring many men with him to help you if he decides to go! Why did you involve him? Don't you have powerful magic that can help you find this metal and deal with whatever monsters are out there?" Angora asked frustratedly, knowing from her prison days in Redwater just how dangerous mining could be, and the fact that there were some creatures there made things worse. It was through one of these ocassions that Angora didn't address Sere through any of his titles.

Without further ado, Ilasi took her dish. "I really appreciate all of the efort you go through just to decorate this," she said. "You really don't have to, you know - I'd appreciate the food as-is! I can imagine that that particular aspect could be quite time-consuming..."

"Just a little. It's entertaining when you're in the mood. When I do food, I want to make sure it's a delight not only for the taste buds, but also the eyes." Maverick explained, wishing he could have a bit of magic so he could make these meals faster, easier and perhaps even more beautiful. His hands were all he had, so he had to make the most of it.
---
#1114 Posted: 02:11:26 14/12/2018
Raclaw gave a nod as Latnok left-- planning to visit the beloved Guardian after Maverick no doubt made his rounds. If he and Latnok were to fully move on from the cave incident and from the Guardian's recent realizations, than regaining their confidence would be a vital first step. For Latnok, part of this was trust and how others saw him. For himself, he needed to get a grasp on Damon; the collar entity who effectively had the final word regarding many of his actions. The feeling of knowing someone like Damon could potentially sabotage his relationships via any number of means and all in the name of jealousy was an unsettling one. And Damon.

"Oh Damon.," he thought to himself with a sigh. "You want to know that I'm fully committed to Latnok-- well now you'll get to see. As if your recent actions weren't enough.," his thoughts rightly blamed the entity. What he was about to do would hopefully satisfy all three parties-- and there would be no turning back. He watched as Maverick talked with Illasi elsewhere on deck and Chester comforted him. The little Beagle knew when he became lost in his own thoughts-- what he had planned to do, what he had done, and what could've gone better in his life. He wished more and more that he could somehow help the troubled thoughts of his dear friend. Elsewhere, Risar continued overseeing the repairs and gave a nod as Latnok passed by.
---
#1115 Posted: 03:13:30 14/12/2018
As Maverick talked to Ilasi, he spotted Raclaw and Chester, and with Latnok having left, he imagined they felt alone. Angora had disappeared once again, but he wasn't worried. He believed she only needed space.
"Well, buen provecho Ilasi. Better not distract you and risk the food getting cold. I'll give Raclaw and Chester their breakfast now, so I'll see you later." Maverick said pointedly, letting Ilasi set in leave while he went to the fluffy duo.

"Hola peluditos. How are you two? I figured you'd want some food after such a hard day yesterday. It's great we have señor Latnok back, eh?" Maverick declared, wanting to lift their spirits. He then presented their platters, a trio of pheasants for Raclaw with bacon resembling a river and half an orange resembling a hill. Chester's platter was a little simpler, with dry food and pieces of bacon which almost looked like a fountain. Ilasi was right and that food should be enjoyed as food, but Maverick couldn't help to decorate the meals from time to time to make them visually appealing as well. On the cart there were two bowls of water for Raclaw to grab for himself and his friend any time they needed it.
---
#1116 Posted: 03:33:24 14/12/2018
"It is-- and now certain things are out in the open. But it's better this way.," Raclaw said with a faint smile as the smell of the food soon got to him. "Is that.. is that pheasants? And bacon?," he said clearly enticed by the elegantly prepared meals and carefully grabbing the bowls off the cart. As he absorbed the smells and inspected the food-- he soon noticed that it was like a miniature work of art, presenting itself as a river and even a fountain for Chester. "Thanks-- it smells and looks really good. And that presentation.," he commented on the food somewhat surprised by the effort the hybrid had taken just for a few people-- err Mermaid, Dragon, and Beagle rather. It didn't take long for Chester to start chowing down, while he absorbed the sights/smells of it for just a little bit longer. He couldn't remember the last time he had pheasant -- a simple but surprisingly delicious prey.
---
#1117 Posted: 06:15:10 14/12/2018
Maverick waited a little while before replying in order to let Raclaw enjoy his meal.
"I figured you'd like it. It's the least I could do after all you've done for us. As for señor Latnok, I am aware of what happened, and I hope it has opened his eyes. He was missing for a while, my guess is to process everything he had seen. You should've seen Angorita. She's so terrified of him. I wish there was something I could do..." Maverick expressed, not even mentioning Raclaw's involvement on Angora's new behavior. Despite making her show these surpressed feelings, he believed it to be necessary in order to Latnok could finally see all the damage he was doing to the sensible troll. It pained Maverick to see Angora in such a fearful state, but only she and Latnok could settle this new matter themselves. He was worried he may make things worse if he tried to get involved.
---
#1118 Posted: 10:27:44 14/12/2018
Angora did, indeed, get the contact she was wishing for - her contacts keeping themselves open to her telepathy at this point, at least as far as they deemed it necessary. "Patience," a telepathic voice returned. "Do you not think it would arouse suspicion if we just handed the materials over for free? No - we are going to make this a legitimate deal. Unless you would prefer to explain to the captain the details of our deal?" The voice seized for that moment.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1119 Posted: 14:47:06 14/12/2018
Quote: Felines
Maverick waited a little while before replying in order to let Raclaw enjoy his meal.
"I figured you'd like it. It's the least I could do after all you've done for us. As for señor Latnok, I am aware of what happened, and I hope it has opened his eyes. He was missing for a while, my guess is to process everything he had seen. You should've seen Angorita. She's so terrified of him. I wish there was something I could do..." Maverick expressed, not even mentioning Raclaw's involvement on Angora's new behavior. Despite making her show these surpressed feelings, he believed it to be necessary in order to Latnok could finally see all the damage he was doing to the sensible troll. It pained Maverick to see Angora in such a fearful state, but only she and Latnok could settle this new matter themselves. He was worried he may make things worse if he tried to get involved.

"We-- we don't know what happened to Latnok while he was gone. He doesn't remember or at least he doesn't want to remember. All we know is that he left with another individual and returned with a new spear-- and some new techniques in the process. Regardless of what happened.. he has a lot to process still, Angora included. For now -- all we can do to comfort and guide them to the best of our abilities.," Raclaw gratefully responded referring to both Troll and Guardian all alike. As he ate, he pondered what he was about to do. Part of him was resistant, while another part knew that the move was a nessary one. Besides-- he had already arranged for it to happen, although he had said little about what he was actually planning to do. He wondered how Latnok would react...

*knock, knock, knock* Some time had passed and had finished eating-- politely leaving the deck and heading towards Latnok's door. His tail artifact was surprisingly useful as a makeshift doorknocker. "Latnok-- it's Raclaw. I'm ready.," he said in somewhat of a sincere but confident tone. Just what had he come to discuss? There was only one way to find out.
---
#1120 Posted: 15:03:55 14/12/2018
Angora did, indeed, get the contact she was wishing for - her contacts keeping themselves open to her telepathy at this point, at least as far as they deemed it necessary.
With Rackaw leaving, Maverick returned to Ilasi, though simply staying nearby to let her eat without distracting her without a conversation. He was beginning to think he should tone down the decorations. Ilasi almost seemed guilty about destroying such art.

"Patience," a telepathic voice returned. "Do you not think it would arouse suspicion if we just handed the materials over for free? No - we are going to make this a legitimate deal. Unless you would prefer to explain to the captain the details of our deal?" The voice seized for that moment.

Angora was furious how this individual would dare to resort to blackmail just to have her submissive.
"You could've just... sell it to him or something!" Angora said to him almost stamerring with her own telepathy, still believing this was a trick. But she now knew not to question him too much or he would indeed tell Sere about what she did... although he would find out sooner or later. Just not right now. If there was a way to avoid him from ever finding out. Angora wanted to find it, but how?
---
#1121 Posted: 16:44:15 14/12/2018
Latnok, expecting Raclaw, broke from his session of self-reflection. What do you REALLY want? The words kept coming back... he has had those thoughts before, but they never felt as significant as they did as of late.
Latnok came over to the door, opening it gently, greeted by the sight of Raclaw and Chester. "Hey," he said. "What is it you needed to speak about?"

The stranger, receiving Angora's message, gave his reply "You simply are not as informed as we are,," he said. "You seek a simple solution. But it is never that simple... but you always were idealistic to some degree, weren't you? The Ardent Guardians... you never did agree with their methods. You always believed that there was some other way to solve problems... and you would risk lives to attempt those methods. But that's because it never really was about others, was it? Just about you and your friends and your sense of righteousness..." The stranger seemed to taunt Angora with his knowledge of her, however corrupted it may have been. "Do not worry, you will become more knowledgeable in time. For now, this course of action will serve its purpose. You'll see..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1122 Posted: 21:11:49 14/12/2018
With Ilasi, Racalw and Chester finishing up their meals, Maverick left the cart near the captain so he could grab his own meal once he had the time and take Latnok's to him before it got cold. At least some had eaten already, but then he wondered if he should cook for a certain someone too.
"Say Ilasi, you think I should bring a meal to the minotaur too? He looks so overworked the few times I see him, and he certainly looks like someone you want to keep n their good side." Maverick asked almost jokingly, taking Ilasi's plate and putting it below the cart so that it would be ready for the kitchen once Sere took the remaining platters.

The stranger, receiving Angora's message, gave his reply "You simply are not as informed as we are,," he said. "You seek a simple solution. But it is never that simple... but you always were idealistic to some degree, weren't you? The Ardent Guardians... you never did agree with their methods. You always believed that there was some other way to solve problems... and you would risk lives to attempt those methods. But that's because it never really was about others, was it? Just about you and your friends and your sense of righteousness..." The stranger seemed to taunt Angora with his knowledge of her, however corrupted it may have been. "Do not worry, you will become more knowledgeable in time. For now, this course of action will serve its purpose. You'll see..."

Angora was both startled and furious of how much the stranger knew about her? Has he been spying on her? Or did he had some twisted magic that read minds? Whatever the case, she didn't like how much of her life this mysterious being knew about.
"So what about it? What's in it to you? No matter what I do, it's always wrong for others! I just want to be accepted for who I am, and those friends you mentioned are the only ones who ever showed an ounce of care for someone like me!" Angora replied, the stranger hitting her where it hurt the most with his taunt.

But fearing he would just torture her more, Angora spoke again almost immediately.
"You know... no, no, we're done here! Just get out of my head! Just please help Shade like you promised and I'll fulfill whatever madness you have for me!" she communicated, almost using her own voice in the heat of the moment, but managed to resist the urge in time. It still haunted her not knowing what such supposedly powerful society could possibly want with someone like her. With the exception of Shade and Maverick, everyone else ad always made her feel like she was a useless load not worth pitying or defending, so it really bothered her not knowing anything. She would know in time, but the waiting was painful.
---
#1123 Posted: 21:18:39 14/12/2018
Latnok, expecting Raclaw, broke from his session of self-reflection. What do you REALLY want? The words kept coming back... he has had those thoughts before, but they never felt as significant as they did as of late.
Latnok came over to the door, opening it gently, greeted by the sight of Raclaw and Chester. "Hey," he said. "What is it you needed to speak about?"

"It's-- it's about us, about Damon, and about the collar. I should explain.. it's nothing bad and it's nothing like that. It's a proposition and one that will allow us to further help each other.," Raclaw said with a gentle smile. He could already suspect Latnok's immediate fears as to what the conversation could be about-- and had hopefully relieved such fears. "I wanted to discuss it here you see, as to avoid the rumor mill immediately getting ahold of it. You'll understand why and I appreciate the opportunity to talk in private.," he then said as he gently walked into the room. He had never seen Latnok's room before, although it couldn't be too different from your typical Guardian room as seen in the base. Chester followed alongside his fur dragon friend-- even he not knowing what this 'proposition' was. Elsewhere-- Risar was overseeing some repairs on the main deck.
---
#1124 Posted: 21:47:00 14/12/2018
"Well," Ilasi said, surprised that Maverick was asking her, "I don't think it'd hurt. He doesn't seem to be expecting anything - but surprises would make everything better, won't it?"
This was, however, a good moment to bring up something else. "Of course, when you've taken care of everyone, there is our little exploration trip later..." Ilasi looked away shyly as she spoke that last line - the idea was her proposal, and though Maverick accepted it, the thought of offering it was still intimidating.

The voice of the stranger gave a brief echo in Angora's head. "Very well..." it said. "Don't worry - you feel uneasy now, but you will come to appreciate us, even like us, soon enough. We will give you the life you seek. Remember..." With Angora not wishing the group's attention anymore, their communication to her ceased for the moment.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1125 Posted: 22:08:01 14/12/2018
Angora couldn't feel the presence anymore, which made her breathe in relief. At least they were respectful enough to leave when she asked them. She didn't know what this individual and his friends wanted with her, and she still didn't believe they would be able to give her the life she desired so much. She doubted she will like them as he claimed, especially since she would have to go with them due to that infernal deal, but whatever they wanted with her, it couldn't be worse than the Guardians. The psychological damage they did to her was so much, the little troll believed she was ready for practically anything.

"Well," Ilasi said, surprised that Maverick was asking her, "I don't think it'd hurt. He doesn't seem to be expecting anything - but surprises would make everything better, won't it?"
This was, however, a good moment to bring up something else. "Of course, when you've taken care of everyone, there is our little exploration trip later..." Ilasi looked away shyly as she spoke that last line - the idea was her proposal, and though Maverick accepted it, the thought of offering it was still intimidating.

"We'll, it's too late for breakfast, so maybe I'll have a little lunch for him later. And don't worry. Haven't forgotten about that trip." Maverick said, giving her a mischievous smile, almost as if teasing her shyness. The bioluminiscene in his body was almost gone now, though it wasn't noticeable with the light of the sun.
---
#1126 Posted: 11:40:20 15/12/2018
Back in the cabins-- Raclaw resumed his 'proposition' after gathering some of his thoughts. "As you know, Damon and I share an mental presence. This includes the use of my telepathy, mental abilities, and in his case-- ether blocking or enhancing those abilities as he see fit. I can neither block nor resist any such attempts; his actions all but completely overriding my own. What you may not know is that he also has access to my collar and all of its commands-- both the good and the less pleasant. Here, it is possible for me to counteract such commands and thus far.. he has very rarely required me to ever so. However, it still remains true that he is capable of blocking my attempts at counteracting such commands and that his personality is very much different from my own. Furthermore, recent events have shown me that I am capable of overdoing things and sometimes I may take my attempts at expanding my abilities just a little too far. Damon and I may not always agree-- and.. and there may be times where I am incapable of helping myself.," Raclaw said pausing briefly before continuing. As he spoke, he was slightly reluctant to mention that later fact recalling knocking himself unconscious on at least a couple occasions. Sometimes he simply pushed too far and too fast, having wanted to make up for lost time.

"Latnok-- you are my best friend. I trust you and this is why I am coming to you with this. You see... my collar includes various subsets of commands with different parties having access to different commands. You, for example, have the Quicken command which you have used to save my life on at least a couple occasions. Vellune and others higher up have access to authorise my Enhance commands, allowing for little life improvements such as the Stash. I, of course, have access to many of these commands as well as... additional commands. And if I can access it, than Damon can access it-- with or without my consent.," he spoke again touching his collar to indicate the green gem that perhaps not so accidently matched the same green accent of Latnok's own armor. "Within my power is the ability to grant another user access to some of these additional commands, both to act up them and to counteract them. In addition, this new additional user will also gain access to an location command allowing them to locate me in situations where I may otherwise be unable to call for help. As I understand it, this new user would technically be considered an owner at least as far as the collar is concerned. And Latnok-- I want you to be this person. I trust you, I love you, and I honestly can't see my future without you. Only I can say the command, but this is not something that I would force upon you. We have to both be willing and once said; only you will be able to release me from this new arrangement. Up to now, I would've never imagined myself saying these words. But now I am-- and I hope that you would accept it.," he then said sounding very sincere. As he waited for an response, he wondered what was going through the beloved Guardian's head and if this was the right time. What if Latnok had rejected him or worse-- rejected what they already had. And if he accepted it, there would be no turning back-- at least not on Raclaw's own part.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:47:08 15/12/2018 by redwes
#1127 Posted: 16:58:57 15/12/2018
"Well..." Was Raclaw really offering this to Latnok? After what he said the day before? After fearing him and the control he tried to exert? Latnok was shocked. He certainly wouldn't be making that sort of deal with someone who he feared for their authoritarian ways.
"I... I don't know. If I'm the right person. There are too many things... too many things I still need to accomplish. You've seen what others think of me. I thought I was easy enough to work with for most, but... I'm not. The others - I know they talk about me behind my back. After knowing how my own best friend felt... how do strangers feel?
"I'm not sure. There's a lot I'm going to have to relearn. A lot that works in our world, the world of the Ardent Guardians, but not outside of it. I don't want to set you up for failure. Once I know where I'm going wrong... how to do my job properly... maybe. I know how to kill, I knoe how to teach - what else am I lacking? I..."
Latnok trailed off. There were way too many problems he needed to address. He would be setting Raclaw up for failure - or so he thought, at least.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1128 Posted: 17:20:36 15/12/2018
Back at the main deck, Angora was mentally torturing herself with so many thoughts. She looked at her hand several times, and that forsaken moth symbol was a constant reminder of the desperate deal she had to do. She was angry at Shade for not having better control of himself, even though she knew it wasn't his fault. Keeping this to herself was driving the troll crazy. She had to tell someone about what she did and vent her frustration, but she dreaded to think of the consecuences. Should she tell the sweet Maverick and risk making him feel lousy and fearful for her safety? Should she tell Shade and let him know what his lack of control lead her to do? Or tell someone else entirely? Angora was once very confident in her actions, but ever since arriving on that ship, or better yet ever since meeting the Guardians, she has always felt like she was backed into a corner with nowhere safe...

Not far from there and not knowing Angora was hiding with a mental struggle, Maverick decided to do something for his beloved mount.
"Say Ilasi, I'm going to get Dahlia now. Get her to breathe the air, excercise and maybe help her lose her fear of Shade. Want to go see her?" Maverick invited, since their trip was probably going to be left for later. He was going to leave the cart there with the two remaining platters and wait for Sere to take them himself while he went to get his dirt buffalo.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:22:10 15/12/2018 by Felines
#1129 Posted: 18:32:27 15/12/2018
"You have a lot to learn yes, but-- but so do I. You are discovering or rather rediscovering yourself for the very first time, just as I am still learning and discovering the limits of my own powers. You are not perfect no, but neither is anyone else. And I wouldn't have it any other way. To be flawed, to have something to improve upon-- it is only an natural trait and one that each and every one of us have. Latnok-- I trust you and.. and I wouldn't trust anyone else with what I am offering you. You are my friend; I want to help you and I want to be by your side. So believe me when I tell you this. In accepting this, you will be not setting me up for failure. But rather-- we will be in a position where we can help each other. To help each other learn, grow, and develop into the best human or dragon that they can be. What we have is unique-- and this.. this will only help it to grow into something even more unique. Our bond, our friendship, everything that we have-- I.. I want to do this Latnok. And I want to do it with you above anyone else.," Raclaw said as Latnok spoke and initially resisted the offer. Every word was sincere and had come from the heart-- he wanted to be with Latnok. He wanted to be with the Guardian.
---
#1130 Posted: 19:26:04 15/12/2018
Ilasi had grown quite fond of Dahlia - the buffalo was friendly to her, even helping her resolve tention with Angora, and she had nice, soft fur, which Ilasi loved to pet. "Of course I would," Ilasi said enthusiastically. "I'm sure Leoquin would've wanted to as well, if he weren't sleeping right now..." The merman, however, had to stay up that night, so his sleep was well-deserved. If history was any indication, he would be up before too long, anyway.

Latnok, hearing Raclaw's words, still held doubt. The dragon was really trusting - it would be a high standard to live up to. Latnok always wanted to set the example - but, after what he learned about himself, or rather, the perception of others, could he? Besides - this sort of connection would make him more vulnerable. This would go beyond Raclaw's basic mind-reading - the dragon would have much greater knowledge as to the workings of Latnok's mind. Was that a risk he was willing to take? Was he willing to be wounded?
"...okay. I'll do it," Latnok said, somewhat reluctant but willing to give it a try nonetheless. Is that what you really want? What do you really want?
Why did that one doubt keep coming back to him? All his life, Latnok had lived more as a tool than an actual person - why was he so concerned about being wounded emotionally now? About what he really wanted to do? That would be a thought for another time, however...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1131 Posted: 19:55:40 15/12/2018
"Very well--," Raclaw said pausing before carefully saying his next words. "Latnok. I.. I am yours." he then said briefly placing a paw on the Guardian as the new connection formed. As the proposal became an official thing-- Raclaw could feel as a small degree of control transferred to his technically new "owner" and the two now shared twice the bond. "It.. it is done.," Raclaw said with a slight tear feeling an increased feeling of warmth and friendship. Rather this feeling held or not would to be determined, but the act was now done.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:56:10 15/12/2018 by redwes
#1132 Posted: 19:56:39 15/12/2018
Tired of hiding and painful speculations, Angora came out of her hiding place, distracting herself with a few manual chores around the ship to try and forget about her waiting ordeal. She was wearing gloves to prevent the hexphage from spreading, which was slowly growing back. At least thanks to it she wouldn't succumb to the temptation of contacting her stealthy stranger and receive nothing but taunting in return. As she did the chores, she would avoid Sere like the plague, trying to be as far away from him as possible, fearing that if he saw her, she would receive some sort of abuse just for being near him.

Ilasi had grown quite fond of Dahlia - the buffalo was friendly to her, even helping her resolve tention with Angora, and she had nice, soft fur, which Ilasi loved to pet. "Of course I would," Ilasi said enthusiastically. "I'm sure Leoquin would've wanted to as well, if he weren't sleeping right now..." The merman, however, had to stay up that night, so his sleep was well-deserved. If history was any indication, he would be up before too long, anyway.

"Leoquin?" Maverick asked shockingly, not expecting that merman's name when talking about Dahlia.
"Come to think of it, I haven't seen him in a while? Did he help you move the ship when we were battling the White Shadow?" he then asked out of sincere curiosity, hiding the fact that he didn't like him too much. Still, he wondered what he had to do with Dahlia that made Ilasi brought him to the subject.
---
#1133 Posted: 20:27:19 15/12/2018
"Yes, he did," Ilasi said. "He's learned a few spells that can be handy at sea - not as many as I have, but some. He's been preparing for something like this for a really long time... he has some sort of business at Falcon's Beak, but he won't say."
After the tangent, Ilasi decided to come back to the initial subject. "No need to worry about him now. Seeing how friendly Dahlia is to me, she didn't seem as friendly to him. Just something that came to mind..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1134 Posted: 21:14:21 15/12/2018
Maverick continued walking to the enclosure with Ilasi, speaking to her as they headed to the dirt buffalo's space.
"Well, it's a good thing you didn't tell him it was my suggestion. I doubted he would've listened to you if he had known that." Maverick expressed, not wanting to show any dislike for Leoquin but nevertheless wanting Ilasi to know why the disdain if she figured it out.
"I'm not surprised Dahlia doesn't like him very much. He doesn't have... the best aura around him?" he then said, not sure exactly how to put it. He was certain Ilasi was aware on how Leoquin had been treating him and Angora ever since getting into the ship, so any dislike was quite understandable in his eyes.
---
#1135 Posted: 23:06:31 15/12/2018
With the new bond forged, Latnok took a moment to become accustomed to the new experience. The first thing he noticed was the more shared headspace - his thoughts were not as private as they used to be. He instinctively tried to block out the presence, just as he had been... trained? He couldn't recall how he got that knowledge. Latnok realized what he was doing, however, and ceased.
"I'm sorry... just a bit to get used to," he said. As he explored the new situation, he felt a greater sense of awareness - being aware of everything Raclaw was aware of. Certainly something to help out in a fight. Latnok was not looking to explore any sort of emotions at the moment - though some would, naturally, bleed over.
"Well, what do we do from here?" he asked. Latnok was, for once, at a loss for any sort of direction. What would this all mean?

"Aura? Oh... he's always seemed pretty nice to me," Ilasi said. "He doesn't seem to treat you guys as well, however... he still talks to me about Angora sometimes. He still thinks she's stuck-up and doesn't care about anyone else. He doesn't trust her because of that. I guess he hasn't seen her current behavior as of late..." Ilasi thought for a moment - what could fix that? His opinion of Angora may change just by observing her mannerisms - but what about the trust? Would that ever come back?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1136 Posted: 23:19:24 15/12/2018
"Aura? Oh... he's always seemed pretty nice to me," Ilasi said. "He doesn't seem to treat you guys as well, however... he still talks to me about Angora sometimes. He still thinks she's stuck-up and doesn't care about anyone else. He doesn't trust her because of that. I guess he hasn't seen her current behavior as of late..." Ilasi thought for a moment - what could fix that? His opinion of Angora may change just by observing her mannerisms - but what about the trust? Would that ever come back?

Maverick was a little upset about the revelation, but he did absolutely nothing to show it. He has been so discrete with the comment that it was impossible to tell he was rather bothered by Leoquin's opinion.
"Well, just like you were before, he's just misunderstanding her. You have seen so yourself Ilasi. Angorita may be harsh and may cause a lousy impression at first, but she's not bad. She has suffered so much in life. I'm no pshycologist, but I think her harshness may be to keep people away from her and prevent them from hurting her or seeing her as weak. She has been trying to change however. I have seen it. You have seen it. But the Guardians... talking bad about her and not giving her the chance to show how much she's trying, and even denying her the chance of making new friends because of the opinion the crew has on her due to what they have said about her? Have you seen how afraid Angorita is of señor Latnok and capitán Sere lately? It's just... breaks my heart to see her that way... and not knowing what to do about it..." Maverick said with a trembling lip, resisting the urge to put his hands over his face in shame. Ilasi has already seen Angora's most vulnerable side thanks to Dahlia, and Maverick was hoping that Ilasi could be the one individual to soften the crew's heart and opinions of them.
---
#1137 Posted: 00:05:38 16/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade meanwhile was nervous of what Sere decision would be. He was still in his usual spot and looking out to sea wondering what will happen to him when the eclipse does happen.
---
SC
#1138 Posted: 00:25:53 16/12/2018
With the new bond forged, Latnok took a moment to become accustomed to the new experience. The first thing he noticed was the more shared headspace - his thoughts were not as private as they used to be. He instinctively tried to block out the presence, just as he had been... trained? He couldn't recall how he got that knowledge. Latnok realized what he was doing, however, and ceased.
"I'm sorry... just a bit to get used to," he said. As he explored the new situation, he felt a greater sense of awareness - being aware of everything Raclaw was aware of. Certainly something to help out in a fight. Latnok was not looking to explore any sort of emotions at the moment - though some would, naturally, bleed over.
"Well, what do we do from here?" he asked. Latnok was, for once, at a loss for any sort of direction. What would this all mean?

"Now-- I don't know. I will admit.. I didn't entirely think ahead.," Raclaw admitted as he accustomed to the new shared mindspace. Through the collar; their thoughts and emotions were now being shared now more than ever before. They had already shared a powerful bond and now his own collar was enforcing an even stronger bond. As according to the rules and circumstances surrounding the fur dragon and his collar, he was Latnok's now-- the beloved Guardian now effectively his owner. With very little effort, he could almost just reach out and merely touch any one of the Guardians thoughts. And of course, that meant that Latnok could do the same with even less effort. That was in addition to the commands -- of which he knew coming in. He didn't entirely know what else to expect, but felt a warm fuzzy feeling. Now he, Damon, and Latnok would all effectively share the same mind.

"Tell me though-- you blocked me there for a moment. Is that a new ability or have you always been able to do that? Very few people have ever resisted me, although you wouldn't be the first. That sea creature was also able to block me and than there was the presence, although I never could figure out what it was.," Raclaw then thought out loud as the two, three companions explored their options. Chester briefly looked up and spoke-- the translation automatically coming through via Raclaw's own thoughts. "So does that mean you are officially his now?," the little Beagle ask whose 'voice' was now clear as day to the Guardian. Elsewhere, Risar observed as the repairs neared closer to completion.
---
#1139 Posted: 00:42:57 16/12/2018
"I... I don't quite know," Latnok said. "It's something... I don't recall being able to do before. It feels like I have a better understanding of how to fight that sort of thing. Like I was trained. I don't remember any training in that regard, at least not specifically." There were a lot of things Latnok didn't remember right now - including all that happened between the time he left the ship and the time he was found. "I don't think my abilities, as far as telepathy is concerned, have improved past blocking out others. Not that I know of, anyway."
Latnok was a bit surprised to be able to understand Chester perfectly, despite Chester not speaking in a language he understood. Part of the new mental link, no doubt. "Chester... no, I don't 'own' Raclaw - at least not in the sense that you would be familiar with. It's more akin to... mutual cooperation. You know, like how wolves live in packs, being both close family and dependable allies. I'm not sure how much you know about wolves, though... Admittedly, this does, in some way, give me more control over Raclaw, at least his collar - but it's a means to an end. Mutual benefit. To help us work together, help us keep in touch, allow me to help him when he can't access his own collar for whatever reason... that sort of thing. That's all it is - well, that's not ALL it is, but you get the point." Latnok, after the revelation he revealed, was still highly uncomfortable with the degree of control he currently had over his best friend - trying to justify it to himself as much as possible.

As Maverick's sadness became apparent, Ilasi's face lost its smile, being replaced by a sad frown. "I don't know what it'll take... but I think we can do it," Ilasi said. "Surely Angora has put up with much worse. A lifetime's worth. It's just a matter of sticking around and helping out long enough for the others to start trusting her more. At least... that's all I hope there is to it." Ilasi, unfortunately, didn't have any solid ideas on how to improve the troll's situation - any positive word she tried to give to Leoquin, for example, was immediately countered with some justification for it. Even then, the crew would always know of her real motive - she was just there for Shade, as far as they were concerned, and didn't care at all about anyone else. No one was going to trust her in anything more than trivial matters.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1140 Posted: 01:12:56 16/12/2018 | Topic Creator
When the mental link became much stronger between Latnok and Raclaw Shade twitiched a but more his claws dug into the deck as he was feeling both a little stronger. If one were to look it would look like Shade is in a kind of trance. But the coming of the blood moon also ment his powers were growing as well as the darkness within him.
---
SC
#1141 Posted: 02:09:37 16/12/2018
Shade's spaced expression didn't go unnoticed by Angora. Leaving her current chore, she went to approach him.
"Why are you doing this to me Shady? Why can't you resist this? After all we trained? After all we've talked about? You were already corrupted once before. Why are you letting it take you again?" Angora commented, no longer hiding how upset she was with him for not being stronger. So much she was doing for him, so much she was sacrificing and risking, yet Shade didn't seemed to change.

As Maverick's sadness became apparent, Ilasi's face lost its smile, being replaced by a sad frown. "I don't know what it'll take... but I think we can do it," Ilasi said. "Surely Angora has put up with much worse. A lifetime's worth. It's just a matter of sticking around and helping out long enough for the others to start trusting her more. At least... that's all I hope there is to it." Ilasi, unfortunately, didn't have any solid ideas on how to improve the troll's situation - any positive word she tried to give to Leoquin, for example, was immediately countered with some justification for it. Even then, the crew would always know of her real motive - she was just there for Shade, as far as they were concerned, and didn't care at all about anyone else. No one was going to trust her in anything more than trivial matters.

"Well, I don't know what any of us can do. I was expecting Angora's actions to speak for themselves, but it seems nobody even bothers to notice her. But I think she's glad that you at least we're willing to give her a chance..." Maverick said trying to lighten up the mood, knowing that all of Angora's attempts had always been met with insults and cold shoulders, but Ilasi's forgiveness and genuine attempt to befriend her could show the little troll that her attempts to be better weren't in vain.

The mood was once again changed when they finally reached Dahlia's enclosure, with the big animal almost tackling both of them to the ground in happiness.
"Well, somebody's glad to see us." Maverick said jokingly as he hugged her, glad with the change in atmosphere but hoping his last comment had stick with Ilasi. Angora had him and Shade alone, and believed she could never have anyone else, so perhaps Ilasi supporting her would be most likely the positive boost in self esteem the poor little troll so desperately needed.
---
#1142 Posted: 02:36:46 16/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade shook his head getting out of the trance like state. “Huh?” He then saw Angora and looked down. “Darkmatter....this evil is more evil than anything could know. But this blood moon empowers evil things deep within us. Only things like me that have been touched by Darkmatter will have this evil deep in me come out.” He started to cry. “Angora....I’m trying so hard to resist this. Truly I am but this....this monster that I am....” He sniffles. “This monster is what they see me as.”
---
SC
#1143 Posted: 02:53:33 16/12/2018
"I... I don't quite know," Latnok said. "It's something... I don't recall being able to do before. It feels like I have a better understanding of how to fight that sort of thing. Like I was trained. I don't remember any training in that regard, at least not specifically." There were a lot of things Latnok didn't remember right now - including all that happened between the time he left the ship and the time he was found. "I don't think my abilities, as far as telepathy is concerned, have improved past blocking out others. Not that I know of, anyway."
Latnok was a bit surprised to be able to understand Chester perfectly, despite Chester not speaking in a language he understood. Part of the new mental link, no doubt. "Chester... no, I don't 'own' Raclaw - at least not in the sense that you would be familiar with. It's more akin to... mutual cooperation. You know, like how wolves live in packs, being both close family and dependable allies. I'm not sure how much you know about wolves, though... Admittedly, this does, in some way, give me more control over Raclaw, at least his collar - but it's a means to an end. Mutual benefit. To help us work together, help us keep in touch, allow me to help him when he can't access his own collar for whatever reason... that sort of thing. That's all it is - well, that's not ALL it is, but you get the point." Latnok, after the revelation he revealed, was still highly uncomfortable with the degree of control he currently had over his best friend - trying to justify it to himself as much as possible.

"Don't worry-- I wouldn't have done it if I didn't know what I was doing. Like Latnok said, it is simply an means to an end. The collar simply helps to expidite things; citing numorious benefits but also allowing Latnok some.. additional entitlements. These entitlements would exist with or without Latnok, but can at least be used responsably in the right hands. And.. and I trust Latnok. A lot.," Raclaw said reassuring Chester and leaning towards the Guardian. It was yet to be seen how the two would handle this new bond, but he at least trusted Latnok to use his newfound powers over him responsibly.

"Wait-- he can understand me now? Directly I mean and without a direct translation?," Chester then asked realizing that their secret language was no longer secret. "It's one of the new benefits from our little arrangement. It seems that through me-- he is now able to understand you just as I would. And presumably other animals as well.," Raclaw responded amswering the curious Beagle's question. He wondered what other abilities of his would now be shared in a similar direct mannor.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:07:36 16/12/2018 by redwes
#1144 Posted: 03:20:34 16/12/2018
Quote: Spyroconvexity
Shade shook his head getting out of the trance like state. “Huh?” He then saw Angora and looked down. “Darkmatter....this evil is more evil than anything could know. But this blood moon empowers evil things deep within us. Only things like me that have been touched by Darkmatter will have this evil deep in me come out.” He started to cry. “Angora....I’m trying so hard to resist this. Truly I am but this....this monster that I am....” He sniffles. “This monster is what they see me as.”

Angora almost pulled off the few hairs on her head in complete frustration. What else she could do to help him? If Shade continued showing signs of this power rage, the Guardian's patience was going to run out, and she knew that execution would be their final solution.
"But I slayed this Darmatter. Are you telling me it hasn't been enough? All my training, my patience, my advices... has it all been for nothing? What if there's another blood moon in the future? Will this happen again? You have no idea what I've been though, what I just did to try and help you. The Guardians hate me! I can't continue convincing them to spare you!" Angora commented with watery eyes herself, at a loss of what to do anymore. She always came up with a plan for every situation, one way or the other, but this time, her mind was a blanc. She was completely dependent on her creepy messenger and whatever society he was part of to find the chain Shade. But what if this pattern continued? What if blood moons kept rising and this continued happening? Was death really the only solution?
---
#1145 Posted: 03:36:12 16/12/2018 | Topic Creator
“This only happens once to those that were affected by corruption.” Shade said. “But this evil is apart of me. It is in my very soul.” Shade said. “Even you can see that I’m trying hard to resist these.”
---
SC
#1146 Posted: 03:45:08 16/12/2018
Angora couldn't take more of the mystery, so she got straight to the question.
"How do know know that? For how long have you known? Better yet, why did you NEVER told me or Maverick!?" she questioned with gritted teeth, being very angry at Shade right now. She knew for a fact that Maverick didn't know either, since he would've told her in a blink. Shade has been close to killing her in the past, and now she feared that it may happen again, along with other innocent lives. She hated the Guardian's methods, but she started to wonder if their concern and harsh solutions were reasonable after all...
---
#1147 Posted: 03:50:56 16/12/2018 | Topic Creator
“They were legends and myths. I never knew they were real until I started to feel this darkness today.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1148 Posted: 04:18:54 16/12/2018
Still feeling too uneasy, Angora decided it was better to leave him alone for the time being. She was thinking of warning Sere to have Latnok restrain him, but given the mental link shared between him, Shade and Raclaw, she expected either the fur dragon or Guardian to sense what was happening and leave it to them.
"You have to keep trying Shady. I can't help you anymore... I don't know how. This is something beyond me. The Guardian's... they're not so merciful you know. Try. It's all I can say to you now... oh, and trust that... what I did, will work..." Angora expressed, leaving him only a small, inconclusive clue on what she did. She didn't know if this stranger was going to keep his word and just ask something from her of if he was planning to enslave her or maybe even kill her, but the deal was done. She had the mark, so all she could do now was expect those chains in time and fulfill the end of the bargain when the time arrived...
---
#1149 Posted: 05:04:40 16/12/2018 | Topic Creator
“I will try and get through this. I promise.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1150 Posted: 16:46:15 16/12/2018
With the reply, Angora left to finish the chore she put on hold when Shade started to act up. As she did it, she could give ocassional glances at Shade to see how he was doing, ready to stop him her own way if needed. After she was done, she needed a time off. She went to look at the horizon, waiting so badly for news about the metal... when she suddenly remembered the chains were out of the question unless Sere and his team helped. Now why did it had to come to this? She would need to ask Sere to accept the stranger's plea and mine the metal. The more they waited, the closer the blood moon was.

With heartache, she went to find Sere, knowing that it all depended on him now. Without his help, there would be no metal, so after much hesitation, she went looking for him, expecting him to either ignore or punish her for daring to suggest something to him. Thinking of the misery he was about to make her endure was almost making her cry...
---
First | Previous | Page 23 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me