Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open)
First | Previous | Page 19 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open) [CLOSED]
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#901 Posted: 00:17:41 03/12/2018
The spheric shield was somewhat successful-- having covered the now somewhat burnt Raclaw completely but sputtering out immediately after the red electricity bolt. As he extended his artifact-created tail spikes like lighting rods; his tail had began to absorb most of the remaining electricity surging from the creature and most of it had been able to remain in the artifact itself. The fur dragon was wearing down and had certainly looked better, but he seemed to doing his job at least-- serving as a distraction and hopefully weakening the creature even if only a little. As the artifact seemingly absorbed and held most of the energy, it began to glow somewhat and admitted a growing amount of charged electrical static energy. Raclaw's eyes briefly glowed blue, as if electricity was surging through them. He kept his muzzle tightly shut and bore through the pain-- both that from his collar and from the creature itself.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#902 Posted: 00:29:22 03/12/2018
With the attack on the creature's shield, Sere decided to take the opportunity to try to break through. The shield likely wouldn't hold forever, especially in the creature's current state - some more force might just be what it takes to break it. "VERIS, CHARGE!" Sere cried out. As ordered, the wyvern gained a bit of height before beginning his rapid descent downward, with Sere training his lance on the shield. With a bit of force magic, perhaps they could create a hole in the barrier big enough to exploit.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#903 Posted: 00:47:06 03/12/2018 | Topic Creator
“Angora look there a hole! Raclaw is making it! Aim a bolt through it!” Shade said.
---
SC
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#904 Posted: 01:00:11 03/12/2018
Thankfully, the hole was close to the creature's mouth, and if it could only roar and she could get a good aim at it, it will be a perfect bull's eyes. Maybe she didn't need to be catapulted to the creature after all.
"Alright Shady. Get me into position. If this thing attacks Raclaw again, it will have to roar." Angora said, aiming the crossbow at the hole and using magic to power the bolt with a force bolt. It will be combination of both the magical ray with the real thing. She couldn't fail. If the creature attacked Raclaw again, it could seriously injure him this time, maybe even kill him, and since she would be focusing on the monster's maw, she won't have the time to create another shield for the fur dragon. This had to work. The creature was already mad from the poison, and constantly roaring to focus it's powers. A roar and a good aim is what she needed right now...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#905 Posted: 01:03:09 03/12/2018 | Topic Creator
The creature roared again reading another attack at Raclaw. It’s back turned red with sparks shooting off it. When Veris hit the shield he broke through it.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:13:41 03/12/2018 by Spyroconvexity
#906 Posted: 01:13:15 03/12/2018
So predictable, just as Angora was expecting. As soon as Shade took her into position, she wasted no time to shoot, knowing too well that attack was once again directed at poor Raclaw.
"That's right you ugly beast! Dinner time!" Angora commented sarcastically as she shot the magic imbued bolt right at the monster's open jaws. She felt slather sad to hurt a creature that spared their life before, but since it looked beyon reason and dead set on killing them, it had to be done. Angora shot that bolt right at the center of the shield hole, although she wasn't very sure if it was going to reach the creature's throat. There it went... going... going... going...

Maverick was still too busy getting Dahlia unstuck, so he was missing his beloved Angora's spectacle. He could feel the ship arriving faster, no doubt courtesy of Ilasi and Leoquin. He felt so proud of her.
---
#907 Posted: 01:38:24 03/12/2018
Raclaw prepared himself for another attack, although he knew that he couldn't take much more.

Elsewhere-- "Come on Dahlia... just a little lower.," Chester encouraged as the men got into firing range.
---
#908 Posted: 02:26:43 03/12/2018 | Topic Creator
The creature soon roared in pain as the bolt and Veris hit it and the shield went down. It took a few steps before falling to the ground. It was looking like it was sleeping as the poison finally took effect.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:39:42 03/12/2018 by Spyroconvexity
#909 Posted: 02:42:57 03/12/2018
As the creature went down-- Raclaw deactivated his collar's TEACH function and ceased physical contact with the sleeping poisoned White Shadow. However, his tail artifact (turned lighting rod) was still surging with massive amounts of electrical static energy. He was reluctant to undo the artifact's new form in fear of it giving him a potionally fital shock-- and possibly the last shock he needed to go down.
---
#910 Posted: 02:56:42 03/12/2018
Angora chocked, and was left speechless with the outcome. They have taken the creature down, but she found out much to her disappointment that it was still alive. It's breathing was loud enough to be heard from there.
"Ok Shady. Take me down. I want to recover my knife. I'm sure Sere would want to study this thing." Angora commented as she ordered Shade to fly her down. She was now convinced this creature was bigger than a behemoth, which meant that whatever poison was in that knife, it was extremely potent.

At that moment, Maverick finally managed to get Dahlia unstuck after fearing she might strange herself with the struggle, and found to his shock there were docked on an island, and there was the creature, down and asleep.
"Pero que está pasando!? We... we won? I missed it?" Maverick said in a low voice, not wanting to sound like a clueless wimp. Dahlia was only slightly calmer now, but she was still very much nervous. The beast was alive, and all those dumb humans landed the ship on the very island where the creature was. Why couldn't they sail away now that they had the chance? She was very uneasy.
---
#911 Posted: 03:04:36 03/12/2018
After everything they threw at the creature... it finally went down. It was, at the very least, subdued. Veris, with his rider, landed not very far away from the White Shadow.
Sere dismounted Veris, taking a look at the creature. There were signs of breathing; it was, however, now at their mercy. There was only one thing left to do - finish the job.
"Good job, everyone," Sere called out to those present. "We have saved many lives on this day." What exactly was this creature? It wasn't like anything Sere had encountered before. Perhaps there was a tool that could help them find out...
From the pack on Veris, Sere withdrew the glowing, green life orb. If it worked anything like it did on the hexphage, this would allow them to dispose of the creature while at the same time learning more about it. "Now, let's settle the matter once and for all," he said, preparing the orb for use.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#912 Posted: 03:16:27 03/12/2018
Even though Angora has landed on the other side of the White Shadow where Veris and Sere were, the unmistakable glow of the orb reached her eyes. It was an artifact she has come to despise so much after Sere dared to use it on Shade, risking his life as if he was nothing but a vulgar guinea pig. Still, she did nothing to stop him, knowing that one way or the other, Sere would have his way, cause heaven knew he never wanted anyone else's opinion to matter. She only hoped that at least it was a merciful kill, having learned to admire the mightiness of this humongous, flying sea beast, who did nothing but defend itself from it's attackers. It has been a challenging opponent, perhaps more than Darkmatter and the behemoth. As Sere prepared to do his work, she looked around the sea to try and spot Raclaw, knowing he had been the most injured from this creature's attack...
---
#913 Posted: 03:31:05 03/12/2018
It didn't take long for Angora to spot Raclaw-- his tail artifact having grown into a new expanded form and surging with red electrical energy. The burnt-looking fur dragon was seemingly holding his tail up as if to avoid the shock that would no doubt come from touching or reverting the charged artifact. He looked onto the fallen Shadow, very much relieved that the battle (and his initial part in it) was done. Burn marks could seen throughout his seiged-looking fur and a moderately-sized cut was visible just under his left eye.
---
#914 Posted: 03:41:34 03/12/2018
Rackaw didn't look so well. Despite still holding a tiny grudge on him for all the times he left Latnok and Sere's abuse went on, she still cared for the fur dragon. As she waited for Sere to be done with the orb so she could recover her knife, Angora addressed to Shade.
"Shady. Go assist Raclaw. He looks very injured." she instructed , knowing that the dragolet wouldn't take long to spot him as well. Shade was much bigger, and could carry Raclaw to the ship and receive the medical aid he needed... or maybe just encourage him to move on. She didn't know what kind of magic Shade had, but she knew that the hexphage was still dwelling within him, so touching Raclaw wasn't an option at the moment.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:46:42 03/12/2018 by Felines
#915 Posted: 03:48:21 03/12/2018
Raclaw glanced towards the artifact-- not sure if it was safe to discharge it.
---
#916 Posted: 04:44:32 03/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade noded and went to Raclaw. “Easy Raclaw I’m here.”

Suddenly a flash of white light hit the ground and Orion himself appeared. He looked angry at Sere. “Do not destroy the White Shadow God of the seas. Destroying it would mean the end of the seas and those who depend on them. Would you bear the weight of countless others?” He gently touched it with his paw and took only a single scale from it. “Take this. It will protect you and others from it. Defeating it in combat and taking only a single scale will earn its respect and will go into a deep sleep to heal and find a new challenger in the next million years.”
---
SC
#917 Posted: 05:16:38 03/12/2018
This was an outcome not even Angora was expecting. She never would've expected to see Orion again, even less in defense of this creature that nearly killed them, although it was in self defense.
"Orion... heh, fancy meeting you here. Listen, I know this isn't the moment, but... can I get my knife back?" Angora asked, afterwards feeling awkward with the question. She didn't say a brief hello or even how was he, and believed it was rude of her part to ask for her simple knife, which was most likely depleted of the venom.

"Hello by the way." Angora greeted briefly, trying to hide her embarrassment by looking at the creature's teeth. She remembered the time where she was obsessed with fangs like Shade's and how childish she was on the matter. She briefly desired one of those gigantic teeth, but a scale was enough. She wondered though who was going to have it... but above all, if Sere would be stubborn enough to insist on using the orb on this poor creature even against the omnipotent Galaxy dragon's wishes...
---
#918 Posted: 05:19:54 03/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Orion’s eyes glowed and he had her knife in his paw. “Here you go.”
---
SC
#919 Posted: 05:30:44 03/12/2018
Sere was rather surprised to see Orion again; many of those on deck were rather confused, some thinking that the creature that appeared before them now had some sort of resemblance to the legend, others having no idea who he was or what he wanted.
Sere put down the orb. "As long as it does not threaten innocent lives again, then I will have no issue with that. I will trust you on this matter..." Sere took the scale from Orion as offered. "I will keep this in my possession. I will hold it as a symbol of this agreement. With this, we will show the islanders that their problem is no more."

Ilasi and Leoquin, heads above the water, looked on with awe. "Wow, you know, that dragon kinda looks like one of those legends," Leoquin said. The seemingly casual nature of the conversation the others had with it, however, kept Leoquin from thinking any more of it than a resemblance.
"Well, you know, I've heard... oh, nevermind," Ilasi said. She decided against telling Leoquin about the situation involving Maverick and Angora allegedly being teleported away, fearing that such a topic may open up a can of worms that wasn't necessary to deal with.

Meanwhile, the large presence of divine energy did not escape the mastermind; all of its senses lit up as it observed the development of the new situation. A cursory scan of the minds of the nearby creatures informed it that those on the island were familiar with it. Taking notes on the signature of the divine energy, it decided that it had as much information as it would need, and began to disappear.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:36:19 03/12/2018 by A Guy
#920 Posted: 05:36:17 03/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Orion nodded and he glowed touching the beast and it soon started to move it woke up and gave Sere and the others a look and soon it went slowly back into the sea and back into the deep.

“Your battle shall be known. I bid you farewell.” Orion said as he glowed white with light and with a flash he disappeared. “Make your crew proud.” His voice could be heard.
---
SC
#921 Posted: 05:47:51 03/12/2018
Angora grabbed the knife without saying anything else. She has seen Orion before, but his presence never stopped being majestic. Maverick also watched from the ship, never imagining this outcome either. Much to his surprise, Dahlia was completely calm. It was as if she never panicked. The beast was still alive, but it retreated to the deep, into the darkest spot of water. The calm was so much and so sudden, both he and Anglra felt strange. At least it was finally over. They could breathe the sigh of relief they have been expecting for a very long time.
---
#922 Posted: 06:05:06 03/12/2018
Sere looked back at the ship. He and Veris were injured, as were some of the others, and the ship was no doubt in disrepair; they hadn't lost any men, however, and they had won. It was much better than he could have asked for.
After Sere mounted Veris, the wyvern flew them both onto the main deck, where they were greeted uproariously by the crew. Sere looked for he bell; he would look to debrief the crew on the outcome of the battle.

Ilasi soon made her way back onto the main deck, with Leoquin staying on the lower portion to help conduct repairs. Slithering along, she happened to run into Maverick; elated as to the outcome of the battle, she was more than happy to take the opportunity to discuss the result.
"Well, it looks like it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be," she said brightly. "Injuries, splinters here and there, but everyone seems to have made it out of this. I had my doubts... but it seems that, if we put our minds to it, there really is a lot we are capable of accomplishing."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#923 Posted: 06:07:14 03/12/2018
As events developed, a familiar voice could be heard in his head. "Raclaw... You cannot hold it any longer. Ground yourself and get some medical attention!," the voice of Damon could be heard as the burnt cut fur dragon complied and walked back to the ship alongside the others.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:07:34 03/12/2018 by redwes
#924 Posted: 06:10:19 03/12/2018 | Topic Creator
“Easy Raclaw.” Shade said helping the fur dragon stay up. “I’ll be fine I’m used to electric shocks.” Shade said trying to reassure the fur dragon.
---
SC
#925 Posted: 06:25:37 03/12/2018
With the ship on the island and the creature finally retreating, Angora finally had space to walk towards the vessel. She wished Orion could've stayed longer so she could vent with him about the lousy time she's had since arriving on that ship. But as a main deity, he was always busy, so now that the battle was over, she proceeded to return inside, deciding not to wait for Shade to pick her up. She listened with disgust how the crew praised Sere, believing he would leave out her contribution to the battle so that nobody would see her differently.

Putting Maverick's crossbow on her back and holding the knife, she started to walk.
"Well... time to return to my miserable existence. Heh, who would've thought this minuscule knife would help so much?" Angora talked to herself, looking at the knife and simulating it was someone she could talk to. The fight gave her a high adrenaline pump, and she felt quite good to feel useful again, but now that it was all over, she didn't believe her efforts would make a difference in her life. She negatively believed that as soon as she returned to the main deck, she would be treated like a repulsive load again...

Quote: A Guy
Ilasi soon made her way back onto the main deck, with Leoquin staying on the lower portion to help conduct repairs. Slithering along, she happened to run into Maverick; elated as to the outcome of the battle, she was more than happy to take the opportunity to discuss the result.
"Well, it looks like it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be," she said brightly. "Injuries, splinters here and there, but everyone seems to have made it out of this. I had my doubts... but it seems that, if we put our minds to it, there really is a lot we are capable of accomplishing."

Maverick helped Ilasi get up to help her fins adapt to solid ground again. He was beyond happy, and so was Dahlia, who glomped Ilasi and almost made her fall again.
"Easy there girl. See Ilasi? What did I told you? You were magnífica! A few damages and injuries here and there, but we're all alive! Can you believe this was all a test? We passed Ilasi! We passed! And you helped us a great deal!" Maverick praised, with one of the goofy smiles he was so well known for among his closest friends.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:33:44 03/12/2018 by Felines
#926 Posted: 06:41:44 03/12/2018
As Shade helped him, the occasional static shock went off-- lingering energy still surging through his body. He made sure not to directly touch the Dragolet as much as possible, less the Hexphage get to him. "Thank-you.. I can do it. Just walk alongside me. Be careful-- the Hexphage.," he gently warned. Still-- he appreciated the thought and the kind gesture.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:54:47 03/12/2018 by redwes
#927 Posted: 10:48:23 03/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade noded and walked with Raclaw to the ship.
---
SC
#928 Posted: 13:49:08 03/12/2018
As Shade helped Raclaw, Angora entered the ship through the lowered gangplank, which she pleaded one of the sailors to lower. Even though he obliged, he took his time and even did a few funny faces to Angora before letting her in. The little troll returned with a lowered head, feeling like she was going to receive much backlash and mocking from the crew when they saw her again. She only caught a small glimpse of Shade helping Raclaw, and since she didn't spot Maverick among that gaggle of brutish men, she proceeded to return to the spot she and Shade always took, sitting on the floor and distracting herself looking at the knife and crossbow, practically trying to prepare herself for the ridicule of the rest...
---
#929 Posted: 18:42:44 03/12/2018
"Th... thank you..." Ilasi said sheepishly, blushing at the praise. "I'm really happy we all made it. Angora - she was pretty brave out there. A little reckless, but then again, so was the captain. I'm glad it's all over. N doubt the crew will be getting ready to 'celebrate'... if the captain doesn't have them get the ship seaworthy again first." The sound of the bell could be heard clearly across the ship - Sere was getting ready to speak.

"Sailors!" Sere called out, as he got the attention of his crew. His injuries were quite visible, but for the moment, they served to show his dedication to the mission. "The battle is over. We have won. We have taken on the White Shadow, and have proven ourselves the better. It will no longer be a threat to innocent people crossing the sea. More importantly, each and every one of us is still as alive as we were when we got here. Let this be a lesson - should any enemy stand in our way, we will be more than capable of overcoming it through planning and tenacity.
"This victory would not have been possible were it not for all of you on board doing everything you could to keep the ship in working order. You have proven your worth yet again, and for that, I am grateful.
"Once the ship is sturdy enough, we will head back to the port we came from in order to complete repairs. From there, we will be heading into the danger area around Falcon's Beak - I know, however, that we can meet the challenge.
"For now, continue repairs; once Risar feels we are ready, we will begin moving again. Once again, keep up the good work. You are dismissed." Once again, the crew cheered uproariously, the successful battle having been a huge morale boost after the doubts they had.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#930 Posted: 19:33:20 03/12/2018
As Angora heard Sere's speech, she was hoping that the old Guardian would at least made a small mention of her, but as she expected, not even a reference. It's like he wanted the crew to keep treating her the same way. But it didn't matter to her, cause she knew what happened, and more likely than not, Orion the Galaxy dragon himself knew, and that was more than enough for her. Shade was also present. She didn't know how much of the battle Maverick saw, but knew he would believe her when she tells him about the earlier events. She wasn't certain what Ilasi would think, but it was still enough for her to know that the mermaid was willing to keep the peace, or at least try.

Quote: A Guy
"Th... thank you..." Ilasi said sheepishly, blushing at the praise. "I'm really happy we all made it. Angora - she was pretty brave out there. A little reckless, but then again, so was the captain. I'm glad it's all over. N doubt the crew will be getting ready to 'celebrate'... if the captain doesn't have them get the ship seaworthy again first." The sound of the bell could be heard clearly across the ship - Sere was getting ready to speak.

"Angorita? Yeah, she is very brave after all." Maverick agreed, too embarrassed to admit he didn't see Angora's feat. All he knew was that she borrowed his crossbow and left with Shade. He had been too focused on getting Dahlia untucked from the beam that he missed much of the battle.
---
#931 Posted: 20:52:35 03/12/2018
"Thank-you.," Raclaw said as Shade walked alongside him onto the ship. He listened as Sere gave his speech and gave a meek smile-- pleased to have successfully taken down the White Shadow and to have been the one to open the barrier, despite what had been necessary to do so. As he stood, the burns marks were most evident around his neck and around his tail; the collar and the artifact having admitted/absorbed much of the shock. The fur dragon briefly rubbed his neck and wondered if there was another way. 'Ah well-- what's done is done. And now we return to the dock. And Latnok.,' he thought with a heavy feeling in his throat. He would have a lot of explaining to do his beloved Guardian and all due to Damon's 'excellent' sense of timing-- and perhaps some lingering jealousy between the entity and Latnok. It wasn't as if Raclaw could run away from Damon and they practically shared the same mental space, so why did he feel it necessary to potentially scare away the human Guardian who had become his best friend over the course of those many months? As he rubbed his neck-- a bit of static electricity went off surprising him somewhat. Something burnt could be smelled as some of his fur had sieged during his job of 'distracting via shocking himself.' He then thought of Chester and looked for the little Beagle.

"Is.. is that Raclaw? Raclaw!," Chester barked practically leading Maverick to the toasty fur dragon. "Hey Chester. Don't worry-- I'm alright. Just a little singed that all.," he said with a larger smile. Elsewhere, Risar resumed giving orders and getting the ship ready again.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:17:52 03/12/2018 by redwes
#932 Posted: 23:00:27 03/12/2018
While Maverick and Ilasi talked, Dahlia took notice of Angora. She somewhat knew she shouldn't touch the troll, so she simply lied down near her. Angora chose to ignore her, but deep inside, she was glad with the company...

Quote: redwes
"Is.. is that Raclaw? Raclaw!," Chester barked practically leading Maverick to the toasty fur dragon. "Hey Chester. Don't worry-- I'm alright. Just a little singed that all.," he said with a larger smile. Elsewhere, Risar resumed giving orders and getting the ship ready again.

Maverick saw Raclaw after Chester's barking, and immediately went to help him, indicating Ilasi to follow him so she wouldn't feel left behind.
"Raclaw! Oh look at you amigo. You took quite a beating out there. Ok, ok, I think I can help you." he said as he put on some gloves and took a few first aid kit from his hyperspace bag, starting to work right away. Raclaw was a fire breathing dragon himself as incredible as it sounded, but it seemed like he wasn't very fireproof outside. He focused on the fur dragon, not noticing that a Dahlia has left, or even that his beloved Angora was sulking in her usual corner...
---
#933 Posted: 23:45:40 03/12/2018 | Topic Creator
“Just rest and lay down Raclaw.” Shade said. “You got the best care around.” He smiled before going to Sere. “Captain, Raclaw is going to need rest after what he’s been through. But what about Latnok? Shouldn’t we wait for him to come back?”
---
SC
#934 Posted: 23:51:50 03/12/2018
Ilasi followed along, as indicated by Maverick. Not long after she arrived, she began looking over Raclaw's wounds. "Those are some pretty bad burns," she noted. "A combination of some medicine and some magic on my part may be able to help you feel better. You were pretty solid out there; let us take care of you from here, please." Ilasi couldn't help but feel that maybe Latnok's presence may help Raclaw feel better - she didn't say anything on the matter, however.

"I o not have the luxury of holding up the entire ship for one man," Sere said to Shade. "We have very few leads on his potential location. All we know is that he met with someone, and he and that other person completely vanished without any further trace, or any signs of conflict. We don't know how, we don't know why, we have nothing. Waiting for him would, unfortunately, be futile." As much as it pained Sere to leave one of his own behind, he had to face the reality - finding Latnok right now would be like finding a needle in a haystack. He would have to make do and hope that they figured something out later.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#935 Posted: 00:07:34 04/12/2018
Maverick couldn't believe Sere would be this cruel and callous. Every time he saw him, Latnok was never too far behind. They were almost like two sides of the same coin. Maverick had always thought nobody could be as heartless as his own father, but Sere was proving quite close, even if the violence he used wasn't necessarily out of selfishness. He helped Ilasi treat Raclaw, revisiting the urge of saying a thing or two to the old Guardian.

From her corner, Angora's keen hearing was once again helping her eavesdrop on this conversation. She had been looking for Maverick shortly after Dahlia arrived, longing for his company as well, but instead heard what Sere was talking about. Like Maverick, Angora also thought it was heartless of Sere to leave his own protégée behind. She may still despise Latnok, but even she thought it was too much to leave him behind in a creepy island as a possible captive. Nervously, and even with some fear, she approached the captain.
"If... if I may... I... I think I can help find him. I... I've been hearing a voice lately. I thought it was my own mind, but it's no doubt telepathy. This... this being, I don't know if it's even human, or even if it's on the ship right now, but it's been contacting me for a while. Perhaps... perhaps this individual may be the same being Latnok was with." Angora said meekly, avoiding eye contact with Sere and putting her hands behind her so that the group wouldn't notice she was trembling. But Maverick could notice something was wrong. Angora was addressing to Sere in a fearful matter, without any of the sass or rebelliousness that distinguished her. Unfortunately, Raclaw's mind reading made her leave behind that façade and all she felt for Sere was pure fear. She didn't even dare to look at him in the eyes. It was almost as if she was expecting the captain to hit her. Maverick even started to believe the poor little troll could have a panic attack at any moment...
---
#936 Posted: 00:22:38 04/12/2018
Hearing Angora's voice, Sere looked down, rather curious as to what she would have to say this time - was it more criticism? They had won the battle - what more was there?
What he heard next, however, was rather surprising. After all Angora had been through, the last thing he last thing he expected was for her to be offering any sort of assistance when it came to finding Latnok. Yet here she was, doing exactly that.
"A voice? Maybe there's more to this presence that Raclaw was referring to, then... tell me, what did this voice say to you? What did it sound like? Did it give you any instructions? And please... feel free to look at me as you speak to me." If there was a reasonable chance of getting Latnok back, Sere would take it; there's only so far he would go, however, looking for a needle in a haystack.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#937 Posted: 00:32:42 04/12/2018
Angora tried to look at Sere in the eyes, but she almost cried doing so. She rubbed her eyes and continued to speak while continuing voiding eye contact, making Maverick convinced that Angora was utterly terrified of Sere. He wanted so badly to hug her.
"This voice... it almost sounded like an echoing ghost. Told me something about... inferiority and how they could mend me and such..." Angora started to explain, deciding not to be too detailed on the matter. The words still hurt.
"I first heard this voice on the island where Latnok disappeared. But... it didn't gave me any instructions or directions. Just information." she concluded, being so nervous that Angora looked like anything but a troll. She knew that finding Latnok would possibly mean resuming the abuse he and Sere did together, but she was doing this... for Raclaw, and Raclaw alone. She had been observing him, and knew how miserable he was without the young Guardian. For reasons beyond her comprehension, the fur dragon was fond of this man, and even though she didn't understand this bond, she knew a thing or two about friendship. She would be devastated if Maverick or Shade ever went missing and she had to leave them behind, so it was a pain she wanted to spare Raclaw from.
---
#938 Posted: 00:34:03 04/12/2018
As both Maverick and Ilasi tended to him-- Raclaw offered little resistance to the treatment and laid down as ordered. Chester, sensing his friend's pain, merely laid down next to the fur dragon; the two furry pals always being a great comfort to each other. He and Raclaw briefly nuzzled each other... showing love and support in a somewhat dog-like manner. It was a almost precious interaction and not one they showed very often in public. As Ilasis inspected him-- notable wounds included a cut under the left eye, a serious burn around the collar (suggesting some kind of usage), and another serious burn around the tail artifact turned tail band (suggesting something similar). Upon inspecting the neck/collar area, one last instance of static electricity would would off providing a measurable shock to both Raclaw and the mermaid herself. "Be-- be careful. There still may be some static energy leftover.," Raclaw warned in somewhat of a cracked voice. Elsewhere-- Risar and the crew was quickly getting the ship in order.
---
#939 Posted: 00:51:43 04/12/2018
"Well," Sere said, "that's... not very specific, but it may help. Things that could possibly mean... mending? That would meant that they see an issue with you, that they would want to fix. But why? And why would they not give you instructions? Whatever it is, I don't think it wants to be detected. Not yet, at least. Perhaps something involving it will come up when we return to the island. I appreciate the assistance - now, if you don't mind, I have to attend to Veris. He will need some fixing up, and a good meal after what he's done." It wasn't much of a lead, but it was something- and Sere would take what he could get.

Ilasi instinctively jerked her hand back and recoiled, giving a yelp after coming into contact with Raclaw and receiving the shock - it would result in a superficial burn, but nothing she wouldn't be able to manage. "Well... I'll certainly need some gloves, then," she said. "Wait right here while I go get them - I should have some medicine to help relieve the burn symptoms, as well. Don't mind me, I'll be right back..." Ilasi began to slither her way back into the ship, heading for her room where she kept her medical supplies.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#940 Posted: 01:01:50 04/12/2018
Maverick continued helping Ilasi with the treatment, while keeping a close eye on Angora as well. Wasn't Sere seeing just how horrified she was of him? Didn't he cared about the damage he has done to her? Angora helped in the battle, defeated Darkmatter, and even after Latnok's abuse, she was willing to find him. Such a noble spirit, yet he sometimes felt like he, Shade and most likely Orion himself were the only ones that could see it. Angora returned to the corner after Sere left, not wanting the group to see her in such a humiliating way. Dahlia followed her to give her the desperate comfort she needed, which Maverick was glad to see. The troll waited for the voice to contact her again, but now that she has told Sere, their telepathic conversation wasn't so secret anymore. She wondered if it would stop contacting her because of that, but nevertheless, she was willing to wait and see if another message was in store.

After Sere left and Ilasi returned, Maverick felt enough comfort around Ilasi amd trusted her enough to talk about what he just saw.
"Did you see that Ilasi? Did you see how fearful Angorita was? She tried to hide it for sure, but I saw. She's terrified of the capitán. See? See how much abuse she had to endure? I've never seen her this afraid before, not even of my father." Maverick confessed, not even caring if Raclaw heard as well. He wanted them to know and realize how much the poor troll wa suffering.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:17:56 04/12/2018 by Felines
#941 Posted: 01:21:14 04/12/2018
Ilasi soon returned, wearing gloves - after having treated the burn on her own hand with some aloe vera. She laid a small box of medical supplies by the fur dragon, as Maverick started explaining the situation to her.
Ilasi couldn't help but feel sympathy for Angora, despite all of the issues the two had had; Angora was clearly having nothing but an absolutely miserable experience on the ship, probably worse than many of the jobs that llasi had taken in the past.
"I see... yes, she looks absolutely miserable. She reminds me of the non-compliant prisoners that I had to attend to in Aelinon. The kind that are always fearful of exactly what the jailers have in store for them next. I really wish there was something we could do for her... I'm not really qualified to help in that matter, however. I can only do so much." As Ilasi spoke, she took out a can of aloe vera cream, which she began applying gently to Raclaw's burns.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#942 Posted: 01:34:30 04/12/2018
Maverick only smiled at her, finding some comfort in Ilasi, just as he was hoping for.
"I can only imagine. Angora was a prisoner once in there, and I don't even want to think what a miserable time she had too... all for a crime she didn't commit... and I dare to say she was also there for the mere fact of being a troll. It was really cool of you to give her that apple Ilasi. Everyone else wanted to starve her, but you were the only one to had enough heart to feed her that time, even if it meant taking a risk. There was a time when Angora didn't stop talking about that you know. I know you want to help her again right now, but you can help her a great deal by simply being her friend and not mistreating her. She really wants to change for the better Ilasi. She really does. All she really wants right now in her life are friends, and a family..." Maverick assured, wanting Ilasi to know how a simple solution could help Angora. It devastated him to think that even after all of Angora's help and her genuine attempts to change, she was still being mocked by most the crew. Sere wasn't mean to her earlier, but the damage he did was already done. Angora was terrified of him, which made Maverick painfully sad.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:35:35 04/12/2018 by Felines
#943 Posted: 01:36:14 04/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade soon came over to Angora and gently nuzzled her. “You were very brave. I’m sure he appreciates all that you have done as well as everyone on the ship. You did more than anyone could of done.”
---
SC
#944 Posted: 01:44:31 04/12/2018
As Ilasi began to treat his burns and she/Mav talked-- Raclaw gave a thankful nod as he started to feel the relief. "Angora.. She's lucky to have you. Both of you.," he then said as Chester continued to comfort him.
---
#945 Posted: 01:53:22 04/12/2018
Maverick smiled at the fur dragon too, knowing how right he was. Destiny was kind enough to let him encounter Angora after so many years, knowing how much she had needed a friend to help her with this ordeal.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
Shade soon came over to Angora and gently nuzzled her. “You were very brave. I’m sure he appreciates all that you have done as well as everyone on the ship. You did more than anyone could of done.”

The tiny troll couldn't help shedding a single tear at Shade's warm touch and words. Despite all the abuse and mistreatment, at least she wasn't alone in the world.
"Thank you Shady. I... I tried my best. I did good, didn't I? At least... you were there. You know. But it's all over now. Time to be the object of ridicule again." she commented, demonstrating what a terribly low self esteem she actually had. There was one one person she wanted to be recognized by, but she knew too this person was never going to recognize her deeds.
---
#946 Posted: 01:59:08 04/12/2018 | Topic Creator
“You done more than what anyone expected of you. If he can’t see it then he is a fool.” Shade said. “Like you said to me things will get tough but we have to keep moving forward. Look to the future for a better day.” Shade said laying down beside her to comfort her. “You have me, Maverick as well as Dahlia. We will never leave you.”
---
SC
#947 Posted: 02:01:58 04/12/2018
As the others tended to each other-- Risar checked on some of the more vital repairs before being confidant that the ship was seaworthy. Or at least seswoy enough to navigate back to the previous island. "Men-- it's time to set sail! Unload the planks...," he started to shout orders before approaching Godfather Sere. "Captain, the ship is ready. We are already heading back as we speak ," the Minotaur comfirmed.
---
#948 Posted: 02:07:04 04/12/2018
"Well... that seems simple enough," Ilasi said to Maverick. "I wiould be glad to try to get to know her better... and you too, of course," she added, smiling coyly as she looked away.
"There's no doubt that we'll have much opportunity to do that. But, at the very least, after everything she did out there, I don't think the captain will be able to deny that she is, at the very least, useful. I hope so, at least..."

Sere nodded, acknowledging Risar's notice. "Excellent," he said. "The men can take it easy for now, for the most part." The conversation reminded Sere about one small but important detail.
"How have the prisoners been doing? Any among them show themselves to be especially capable?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#949 Posted: 02:18:31 04/12/2018
Maverick could see how embarrassed he was making poor Ilasi,miso he simply smiled at her and continued treating Raclaw without saying another word. It has been a hard road for all of them, especially little Angora, but he would always be her friend. And now Ilasi was finally willing to leave all the previous animosity behind, which was some great progress. Despite the misery his friend was going through, Maverick was certain that their time on the ship wasn't a waste of time.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
“You done more than what anyone expected of you. If he can’t see it then he is a fool.” Shade said. “Like you said to me things will get tough but we have to keep moving forward. Look to the future for a better day.” Shade said laying down beside her to comfort her. “You have me, Maverick as well as Dahlia. We will never leave you.”

Angora chuckled nervously, then nodded with a small frown, knowing he was right. She had always told Shade how tough life could be and that they had to keep moving forward, yet there she was, doing everything but that. Who needs Sere? If he refused to acknowledge how helpful she has been, why should it matter to her? He, as well as his protégée, were a lost cause anyway, so even if they manage to find Latnok, Angora was simply going to stop looking for their praise and acceptance and just get on with her life... for the sake of her friends as well as herself.
---
#950 Posted: 02:36:47 04/12/2018
Quote:
Sere nodded, acknowledging Risar's notice. "Excellent," he said. "The men can take it easy for now, for the most part." The conversation reminded Sere about one small but important detail.
"How have the prisoners been doing? Any among them show themselves to be especially capable?"

"There are a few that show promise...," Risar started to state as he detailed a few viable prisoners. One had shown himself quite capable of maintaining the animal stalls, another had shown himself capable of cooking more than decent meals, and another specialized in animal-specific meals. A couple others, meanwhile, had shown potional in maintaining the ship itself and even helping with the skeleton crews.
---
First | Previous | Page 19 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me