Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open)
First | Previous | Page 11 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open) [CLOSED]
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8628
#501 Posted: 22:23:07 18/11/2018
Raclaw nodded and briefly looked out onto the ocean-- keeping his telepathic senses expanded just in case the large creature decided to make another appearance. 'Oh yeah-- Dahlia.,' he thought to himself knowing that the dirt buffalo would probably be quite panicked without either him or Maverick to calm her. He scanned the deck for her, wanting to make sure that the beloved mount was alright. If she followed or seeked him out-- he would be alright with that and would do all that he could. Chester barked something, to which Raclaw responded in kind.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#502 Posted: 22:32:41 18/11/2018
"On course?" Maverick repeated, finding it hard to believe Sere would let him of all people to navigate the giant vessel. He was curious as to what he was going to do with his friends, but he decided it was better not to question him and just follow the order. He took over the helm when he saw the sailor in charge leaving, explaining how Sere left him in charge of the navigation for now. He expected the sailor to give him the cold shoulder, but he left without saying anything, not even an insult, much to the hybrid's relief. With the map and his trusty compass, he took the best course of action for the ship, looking around to avoid whatever fog was at the distance. He had overheard how the creature supposedly created it, so he wanted to avoid it at all costs.

Nothing in particular happened from his end, so Angkra was relieved that Sere did nothing bad to Maverick, although she wished she could've overheard what they were talking about.
"Don't lower your guard Shady. That thing is gone, but with our luck, it's likely it'll be back." Angora said rather negatively, not trusting their luck. They faced a behemoth, and that had been more than enough for her. She had the poisonous dagger Dex indirectly gifted her when she was imprisoned in Redwater, so she hoped the venom would be enough for whatever creature was lurking in those waters...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#503 Posted: 23:56:54 18/11/2018
Spotting Dahlia still tied up, Raclaw decided to make himself useful and would calm the mount for a time. "Dahlia...," he gently said approaching the dirt buffalo again alongside the little Chester. "Don't worry-- we'll make it through this. Your master is very brave and you are too-- I can see that. You're doing a good job and have handled anything we have gone through like a champ. Just remain calm and I promise you-- we won't let the big beast hurt you. We won't let anything happen to you, you know that don't you?," he gently said as Chester resumed his position laying down alongside the two. Lifting a wing using it to cover Dahlia like some kind of half-hug, Raclaw attempted to physically comfort the dirt buffalo.
---
#504 Posted: 00:22:42 19/11/2018
Dahlia snorted as she shook off Raclaw's attempts to comfort her. Despite being a gentle dragon, he was still a dragon nonetheless, one of her predators.
"He no master! He unsafe. He too cub! He too dumb! The big humans no understand. The beast. Water not safe! Water dangerous. Beast big! Doggie unsafe! Why troll there? No protection! Beast big. Too big! It angry! Where human from back? He mount! We go, but water everywhere! Where am I? You no promise safe. No safety! Beast... will get us..." Dahlia said quickly, once again unable to focus at one thought at a time. She was cautious around Raclaw for being a dragon, but she trusted him enough to communicate with him and express her feelings and concerns. Being a dirt buffalo, she has never been at sea, so being surrounded by water in itself was a cause to worry. There was nowhere to run. She wanted to protect Maverick, but couldn't see him anywhere, and even if she did, there was nowhere they could hide. The giant creature was out there. She could sense it. Being an animal with many predators, anything bigger than herself made her very uneasy. The creature's presence was too big, and the bigger the presence, the bigger the size as well. She was scanning the area with fur standing up, ready to fight even if she knew it would be a losing battle if the beast decided to strike...
---
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#505 Posted: 00:31:00 19/11/2018
Some time later, Sere reappeared on the main deck, two vials in his hand - one smaller, and one much larger. Without any delay, he headed over to Angora and Shade, presenting the vials to them.
"Drink this," he ordered. "From the knowledge I had gained from the orb, I believe I have come up with a way to suppress the effects of the hexphage for a period of time. The concentrations I have here should, if I am correct, last for the next hour. It's somewhat sour." Sere didn't wait for any protests or questions before pushing a vial into Angora's hand - it was clear that he didn't care about whether the two wanted to volunteer or not.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#506 Posted: 00:43:09 19/11/2018
Angora wasn't pleased with the treatment, nor with the fact that they were only given a temporary solution, and experimental vial no less.
"Thank you..." Angora said, with a voice more of concern than of gratitude. Not only Shade, but now her, were treated as his own experimental subjects. When was this part of the deal? She knew Maverick would be devastated to find out about this, so maybe that's the reason why Sere sent him away? It didn't matter now. They both needed to get rid of the hexphage if they wanted a better chance in battling whatever monstrosity was out there, so with little hesitation, Angora took a sip, ready to spit it out if it turned out to be poison. It was true that it was sour, but it was nothing compared to the one in Redwater. She had drank and eaten worse than this...
---
#507 Posted: 00:52:10 19/11/2018
The effects weren't visible at first - not immediately, anyway. However, over time, the hexphage became more subdued in its coloration, and it slowed its feeding more and more until its effects would no longer be felt.
"How do you feel?" Sere asked. At the very least, it didn't look like Angora was suffering. If the results were what he was hoping for the life orb would prove to be something with much potential value.

Meanwhile, Ilasi and Leoquin watched from a distance as Angora drank the experimental medicine. Leoquin couldn't do a whole lot on the main deck, not having legs at the moment.
"So... what do you think he's giving her?" Leoquin asked Ilasi.
"Probably some sort of medicine, I'd assume," Ilasi answered. "Maybe he's looking to cure them, on account of recent events?"
Leoquin detested the idea of Shade being unrestrained - at least as far as the hexphage was concerned. Nevertheless, the decision was the captain's to make, not his. "I really hope the captain's right on this one..." Leoquin said.
"You know, Leoquin, you were quite brave out there, just jumping into the water like that. After that thing attacked us, I wanted nothing to do with the water."
"Well... all part of getting the job," Leoquin said humbly, somewhat embarrassed to be receiving praise like that. "I was told to do something, and I followed the order. Nothing more than that."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#508 Posted: 01:03:38 19/11/2018
The concoction had been easy to swallow and not as bad tasting as Angora thought it would be. Unfortunately, it was the aftertaste that was lousy. She didn't know if Shade had drank his portion already, but she made sure she went ahead of him to make sure it was safe.
"What was in that?" Angora asked as she hiccuped, feeling like she was about to throw up. The taste hadn't been all bad initially, but now she had a nasty feeling in her mouth and was gaining a stomachache. Now she wished she could've had Redwater's medicine instead. Ilasi and Leoquin's watching didn't go unnoticed by her, and Angora believed she wouldn't be feeling this bad if she didn't have stupid spectators. The taste and pain lingered for a while, but it was going away, although at a very slow pace...
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8650
#509 Posted: 01:06:07 19/11/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade took the vial and drank it. He shook his head not liking the taste.but eventually he too started to feel his powers come back to him. A flicker of a little energy came off him but with Shades sheer will he stopped his powers from going wild. He shook his body and looked at his wounds were healing much faster than before. His natural healing abilities have kicked in. “Angora I feel free again!” He flared out his wings in joy. His wing wrappings fell off and they looked good as new. “I am free once more!”
---
SC
#510 Posted: 01:17:00 19/11/2018
Angora was happy for him, but soon hugged his leg to prevent him from going into a mini rampage.
"Alright, alright Shady. That's nice and all, but don't get too exited. Remember this is only temporary. Besides, we don't want to attract that beast's attention, so don't get too crazy." Angora warned, wanting Shade to keep it down. She felt proud that he managed to control his powers and put his newly found will and control into motion, but he still had to restrain himself a little, especially with the new situation.

Meanwhile, Maverick controlled the ship in a smooth and accurate fashion. It has been years since he navigated the ship, but it was something that wasn't forgotten easily. He managed it like an expert. Despite the bigger ship, controlling it wasn't that different from his father's. He wanted to stay on course while choosing the safest routes, at the same time praying that the creature had either lost interest in them or they were out of it's territory.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:22:28 19/11/2018 by Felines
#511 Posted: 01:20:56 19/11/2018
"Well, let's see... ground wyvern scale, brine, aged fish, aged wine, behemoth dung... I'm kidding about that last one. Or am I? There were those ingredients, and various enchantments I went through." Sere took a look at Shade - seeing the flicker of energy, Latnok immediately came over as well.
"Easy, Shade," Latnok said, being prepared to activate the collar at any time if needed. "We'll see how well you can control yourself with this hour. Depending on how well it goes, we might consider going further."
As uneasy as Leoquin felt, he tried not to show it. Ilasi was much more comfortable around Shade, having had dealings with him before. Ilasi slowly began to move towards the group, eager to see how Shade was feeling with his display of energy.
"Wait, Ilasi!" Leoquin called out. "You're not really going to walk up to that thing right now, are you?"
"I'm not worried about him... at least, not too worried," Ilasi said. "He's helped me out before. Besides, Latnok still has the collar. I trust him to keep us safe."
Leoquin was quiet for a few seconds, before giving Ilasi a shrug. "Be careful."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:21:06 19/11/2018 by A Guy
#512 Posted: 01:28:46 19/11/2018
Angora glared at Sere with half closed eyes, not very amused with his joke... if that's what it was. She shook it off rather fast though, seeing that he had left behind his rude tone, so she was going to take advantage of this good mood. The felling didn't last long when she saw Ilasi approaching. She was still very mad at her, so to prevent herself from saying a thing or two to her ad doing some sounds like scoffs or groans, she got closer to Shade and prevented eye contact, ocasionally putting her hand over her mouth and pretending it was only the effects of the beverage still lingering. There was a few things she wanted to say to Ilasi, but now it was not the time.
---
#513 Posted: 01:33:28 19/11/2018 | Topic Creator
“Right sorry. I just feel free again. My powers fully back and my wounds almost gone.” Shade said still very happy to be free. “D-Do you mind if I go on a flight? I want to stretch my wings again.”
---
SC
#514 Posted: 02:02:52 19/11/2018
Angora didn't believe it was such a good idea, but despite feeling bad for saying it, she did so anyway.
"Shady, we're kinda in dangerous waters now. I know you'd love your freedom back, and I'm glad you feel better, but maybe we should leave the flight for another time." Angora suggested, although she knew she didn't even need to. She doubted Sere would give him that kind of freedom at this point in time, so she simply said it first. How she missed flying on his back and feel the wind in her face without a care in the world, but they had to be more patient than they already were.
---
#515 Posted: 02:08:34 19/11/2018
Raclaw withdrew his attempt at physically comforting Dahlia, not wanting to make the animal any more uncomfortable than she already was. "Mav is setting course and doing his part in getting us to port safely. Once there-- we'll make the proper arrangements to better ensure our safety and yours. Angora, the troll, is with Shade. The dragolet will keep her safe. He is what you are to Maverick-- a dear friend and a protector. Like me and Latnok, they will look after each other. They'll do all that they can to make sure no harm falls upon them, just as I'll do with Latnok-- and you. Mav-- he may not be the bravest, but he has heart. And he will do all that he can. We all will-- we're in this together.," he tried to reassure the dirt buffalo as he watched Shade almost practically fly up in excitement. There was no way that Godfather Sere would so soon grant Shade his permanent freedom, so it had to been a temporary solution.

Still-- he was happy for the Dragolet, although he knew that Latnok's collar would still very much be an option. "Listen-- depending on what happens, I may need to join the fight. If that happens-- just stay calm and we will prevail.," Raclaw then said preparing himself for an potencial battle. If they ended up having to fight the large beast -- it would be the largest thing he had fought yet. He knew he had to prepare himself for the possibility.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:09:47 19/11/2018 by redwes
#516 Posted: 02:13:39 19/11/2018
"That'll be a no," Latnok said plainly to Shade. "We're still unsure of exactly how you will do unrestrained, and I would rather not have to restrain you above the water and have you fall and drown." There would be a time and a place for that sort of thing; perhaps once they were back on solid ground and the hexphage was once again limiting Shade's abilities. For now, however, Latnok could not afford to take any risks with Shade.
Ilasi made her approach as Latnok spoke to Shade. "Hey, Shade," Ilasi greeted. "How are you feeling right now? You look a lot better than before."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#517 Posted: 02:21:32 19/11/2018
Angora said nothing and continued avoiding eye contact with Ilasi, unable to forgive what she had done to Maverick. It was sad and ironic how she had been ready to forgive the mermaid for what she had done to her, only for the chances to once again slip up for what she did to a friend. Still, she wasn't feeling as upset as a few minutes earlier, finding it kinda nice that Ilasi had the iniciative to talk to a Shade and ask him how he felt, even if Angora suspected she didn't really mean it.

Quote: redwes
Raclaw withdrew his attempt at physically comforting Dahlia, not wanting to make the animal any more uncomfortable than she already was. "Mav is setting course and doing his part in getting us to port safely. Once there-- we'll make the proper arrangements to better ensure our safety and yours. Angora, the troll, is with Shade. The dragolet will keep her safe. He is what you are to Maverick-- a dear friend and a protector. Like me and Latnok, they will look after each other. They'll do all that they can to make sure no harm falls upon them, just as I'll do with Latnok-- and you. Mav-- he may not be the bravest, but he has heart. And he will do all that he can. We all will-- we're in this together.," he tried to reassure the dirt buffalo as he watched Shade almost practically fly up in excitement. There was no way that Godfather Sere would so soon grant Shade his permanent freedom, so it had to been a temporary solution.

Dahlia tried to free herself from the beam, but since Maverick out her there and the ship was big, she didn't want to worry her rider by getting lost.
"What is port? The Maverick rides me only! He too dumb for something else! The protection he needs. Troll on black dragon. Dangerous. But beast dangerous still! It's out there! Not happy! Hairy dragon! No fly! Beast finds us! Beast watching!" The jumpy dirt buffalo replied, looking at the distance and moving her head. It was as if she was watching something. She almost looked like a cat ready to pounce on something.
---
#518 Posted: 02:40:06 19/11/2018
Raclaw took a moment to consider his response, given the complexities in dealing with Dahlia's speech patterns and personality. "Port-- port is a haven, a safe place. It's where the ship is heading and where we will obtain what need in order to continue on our journey. There we can buy, obtain, our safety and give ourselves a better chance-- and you. I won't fly unless I have to and we won't start anything we don't have to. We have no interest in starting conflict, only surviving and finishing it.," he tried to reassure once again keeping an eye on both Dahlia and Shade. He watched and followed the dirt buffalo's glaze, knowing that animals were more sensitive to such things even without his advanced telepathy.

"Damon--.," he spoke internally to the entity via the links. "Please keep an eye on my readings and tell me if the beast approaches.," he said tasking the background task to Damon for the time being. "It's out there, but it's blocking us. Getting an exact reading is... difficult.," Damon responded. "Chester-- can you sense it?," he then said in dogspeak. "I can-- it's watching us, but isn't yet approaching. Raclaw, how is it blocking you?," Damon barked in response. "I-- I don't know and that worries me.," Raclaw responded in kind. If it wasn't for the animals onboard, they likely wouldn't have any warning at all. It would be up to him to warn Latnok and the others, should they sense that the creature was getting closer.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:40:48 19/11/2018 by redwes
#519 Posted: 02:43:57 19/11/2018 | Topic Creator
“Oh....” Shade lowered his head. He then looked at Ilasi. “Oh I’m doing a lot better.” He said.
---
SC
#520 Posted: 03:08:08 19/11/2018
Quote: redwes
Raclaw took a moment to consider his response, given the complexities in dealing with Dahlia's speech patterns and personality. "Port-- port is a haven, a safe place. It's where the ship is heading and where we will obtain what need in order to continue on our journey. There we can buy, obtain, our safety and give ourselves a better chance-- and you. I won't fly unless I have to and we won't start anything we don't have to. We have no interest in starting conflict, only surviving and finishing it.," he tried to reassure once again keeping an eye on both Dahlia and Shade. He watched and followed the dirt buffalo's glaze, knowing that animals were more sensitive to such things even without his advanced telepathy.

This time, Dahlia said nothing and continued scanning the water, although she did looked s bit annoyed how Raclaw could say they were going someplace safe when there was nothing but miles of water surrounding them, and they had nothing but a floating, wodden island as protection against a mountainous beast lurking around somewhere deep within the mileage of water...
---
#521 Posted: 03:23:24 19/11/2018
Raclaw remained nearby, but remained silent-- watching Shade/Angora and shifting his thoughts. If and when they did end up fighting the large red-eyed beast, those in the air would have the advantage and the most options. His mind briefly remembered what the rumor meal had said about him and and his 'training' by Latnok. Many of the crew figured that was destined to someday become the Guardian's mount and at the rate things were going, he almost believed them. It was crazy that he was even thinking of the possibility when he almost outright refused Angora's attempts at mounting him almost almost a year prior. He had of course tried to redeem himself on numerous occasions, but was certainly much more open to the possibility than he had been than.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:25:01 19/11/2018 by redwes
#522 Posted: 03:37:50 19/11/2018
"That's amazing," Ilasi said, visibly pleased. "Just let me know if there's anything I can do to help you."
"Don't get too comfortable with him," Latnok warned. "The hexphage may still be able to spread, even if it wouldn't be able to grow right now." Latnok hoped that Shade would prove capable of controlling his powers; however, he knew better than to count on such a thing.

Leoquin, having nothing to do and not being particularly useful in his current form, shimmied on over to Risar, to at least keep himself entertained. "So... how's it going?" Leoquin asked awkwardly, not really sure of how to kick off the conversation.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#523 Posted: 03:44:32 19/11/2018
"Hey you-- don't drop that!," Risar shouted to one of the sailors as Leoquin awkwardly approached. "Going-- going fine. The harpoons are in progress and it seems safe enough. For now.," Risar said giving what seemed to a status part rather than the casual response the merman may have been hoping for.
---
#524 Posted: 03:54:45 19/11/2018
Angora felt sorry for Shade, unable to fully enjoy the freedom he had right now. But at least they could walk around the ship, even if they had to be more cautious.
"We can still take a few tours when we can Shady. Maybe you can fly a little in the next island." Angora encouraged, wanting to lift his spirit but also hoping that Sere, who was still with them, would consider letting him fly on the new island, even if it was just for a little while and at little altitude.

From Maverickms side, the ship was going smoothly. He had little visibility from such a tall vessel, but the ride went well for now. No signs of the creature anywhere. He had just remembered he had left Dahlia alone, but he trusted Raclaw to keep her calm. The velocity was appropriate, and Maverick calculated that if they kept this pace without delays or detours, they would be at the next port in the span of approximately five hours. It still made him uneasy not knowing what that creature was, or if it was going to return, but there was not much he could do about that. The sea was so quiet right now, one could hear a bobby pin splash... although that wasn't necessarily a good thing. He kept his eyes and ears alert just in case anything got out of hand...
---
#525 Posted: 05:35:20 19/11/2018 | Topic Creator
“I hope so. I just want to fly once more. Being grounded for a dragon is like being caged up. It made me happy like being with you and Maverick made me happy.”
---
SC
#526 Posted: 06:55:56 19/11/2018
"I know Shady. I know." Angora said as she climbed to his head.
"The price of freedom is always hard, but it'll be worth it. I know what it's like to be imprisoned you know. I know the Guardians method are a bit... unorthodox, but it's meant to help you. Help you control your powers so you will never accidentally hurt anyone again. Besides, remember that they're not the only ones training you, so please, just stay grounded this once. Don't forget that beast is still out there." Angora said as she rubbed his head to calm him down, feeling his desperation. She didn't know where Maverick was, but really wished he could be there not only to help her with Shade, but also spend time with them now that they were partially cured of the horrible hexphage.

From up Shade, Angora spotted Dahlia, and was surprised to see her on deck. Did Maverick brought her there? Even though she found the animal annoying, she respected the little bond she and Maverick had formed. It was incredible how her meek, gentle friend managed to tame such a wild animal just so it could help him get to her and Shade faster. That was loyalty to her. She was once mad at Maverick for seemingly abandoning her when she left his father's ship, but once again she managed to retain the care and trust she had for him in another time. Maverick loved her so much, to the point where she doubted she didn't deserve it. His heart was just too big, which is why Ilasi's attitude towards him disgusted Angora. How could she say such a horrible thing to such a sweet man? Has she really told Maverick he had to stop loving her in order to love him? How far does selfishness goes?
---
#527 Posted: 19:45:30 19/11/2018
Risar's answer wasn't quite what he was looking for - Leoquin was looking for small talk, not a situation report. "Well, that's pretty nice and all," Leoquin said. "But how does this make you feel? Being out on the sea again? What do you think of the job?" Perhaps some more direct questions were needed to pick Risar's mind.

"Well, don't disappoint us," Sere said to Shade. "Be warned that we will not hesitate to stop any incident like the last - please do not let it come to that. Until the hexphage kicks back in, see how well you can control yourself."
"Remember, Shade - discipline," Latnok reiterated. "Master control of yourself. Ideally, you won't need anyone to keep your powers under control. That is the end goal here. That is what I am trying to accomplish. No more... and no less."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#528 Posted: 20:04:12 19/11/2018
Angora listened as well what the Guardians said. She agreed with what they said, but was getting rather tired of hearing Latnok always say discipline for everything. He was obsessed with the word, yet she didn't think he was employing the meaning accurately. Still, he hasn't been rude to her all day, and Sere was calmer now, so she didn't rebuffed any of them.
"Come on Shady. Let's go for a walk. Demonstrate how much control you finally have. Your powers are yours, not the other way around. The time to fly will come, but I'll need you to be a little more patient." Angora said from his head, getting a tremendous view of the ship's main deck and most of of the ocean surrounding it. It was the perfect spot for vigilance. Angora wanted to trust Shade would be able to control himself even when she wasn't around, but for now, she wanted to keep an eye on him. As she did, she wondered where Maverick was. Just what task Sere gave him this time? It made her sad that he couldn't enjoy their company now that they were mostly cured of the hexphage.

At the helm, Maverick was still controlling the ship. The ride was so smooth and soft that the waves could barely be felt. As much as he hated to admit it, he had missed the sea, even if the lifestyle in it had been horrible. There was barely any shaking, almost as if the hybrid and the vessel were one. There had been no signs of the beast or a fog in the minutes that had passed, so Maverick trusted that meant that the initial attack had been a simple warning and that they were out of their territory now...
---
#529 Posted: 20:57:55 19/11/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade noded “I will try my best.” Shade said as he went on a walk with Angora
---
SC
#530 Posted: 21:22:21 19/11/2018
Quote: A Guy
Risar's answer wasn't quite what he was looking for - Leoquin was looking for small talk, not a situation report. "Well, that's pretty nice and all," Leoquin said. "But how does this make you feel? Being out on the sea again? What do you think of the job?" Perhaps some more direct questions were needed to pick Risar's mind.

"Ah-- Risar misunderstand. Thinking of work and other things.," the large minotaur said still keeping an distant eye on one of the more clumsy sailors. He then turned his full attention to Leoquin and looked as if he had perhaps been lost in thought. For as little or as much as he expressed himself, there was no doubting his intelligence. He was only limited by his inability to fully speak the common tongue-- and at times complex emotions could be seen in his otherwise inexpressive eyes. "The sea, the job-- it feels good, feels right. The ocean, the waves-- they relax Risar. They offer peace, serenity, a place to let your thoughts free. The job-- the job gives Risar leadership, purpose, and.. perhaps new acquaintances. It feels good to be myself, though some aspects do remind Risar of past-- of master. Sometimes.. sometimes I wonder, think back. But then I think of what I have now and what I have gained. Belonging to another is simple, straightforward. Belonging to yourself is uncertain, complex, but worth it. You know-- Risar was taught many things, trained to do many jobs. The concept of I, me-- was foreign to Risar. Still is foreign, but the understanding is much greater.," he then said seemingly having a lot on his mind. It was as if he keeping most of it to himself, but only needed someone to give him permission to let it all out. As he spoke-- he briefly looked across to Latnok and Raclaw, the later who was clearly growing quite close to the Guardian.
---
#531 Posted: 21:34:29 19/11/2018
The duo, or rather, Shade, walked along the ship, stretching his wings when he could and Angora scratching him and giving him massages when she could. Watching his tail, she then had an idea.
"I know! Stand still Shady." she said as she tied a mop to his tail.
"There. Now as you walk, you'll be able to clean the deck. You will be able to do something useful without even feeling it like work." Angora said with a smile, knowing that with his size, it'll be done in no time.
---
#532 Posted: 21:45:08 19/11/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade looked at his tail and chuckled. “Hehe I guess you’re right.”
---
SC
#533 Posted: 22:46:40 19/11/2018
"Oh... so basically, it's almost the exact opposite of how things used to be for you before," Leoquin said, not paying the same attention to the sailors that Risar was. "You're givng orders here, wehreas you always got them before. You seem to have taken it quite well. Me - telling people what to do isn't quite my thing, with a few... exceptions." Leoquin thought of how he had to keep Angora busy the other day for whatever reason Latnok had her do so.
"You know... I've always gotten the feeling that whatever dangers lie around the archipelago, they're not quite natural," Leoquin continued. "Did you hear? It didn't always have terrible weather. That changed some decades ago, at least from what I know. You ever wonder about those sort of things?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#534 Posted: 22:59:08 19/11/2018
The next hours were pleasant for the duo. Angora still wondered what happened to Maverick, but she knew they would find out sooner or later. Despite the time that had passed, no traces of the hexphage seemed to be returning, although the troll didn't waste any time thinking about that. When the chores were done, Angora felt playful, climbing to Shade's head and sliding down his neck like a park slide, repeating the process many times before noticing from atop of the dragolet's head what looked like... land.
"Land? Hey Shady, look! I think that's land! We made it! WE MADE IT! LAND! LAND!" Angora started to yell after noticing nobody was in the crow's nest. It was very cold up there, but she being a troll, extreme weather wasn't too much of a problem for her.

Maverick continued navigating, being too far away to hear Angora. He knew they were close, but how close he still didn't know. He couldn't see much of the outside world cramped inside there, but he knew they were close, probably less than a mile away...
---
#535 Posted: 23:03:03 19/11/2018 | Topic Creator
“Land means possible flying for me.” Shade said pirking his head up.
---
SC
#536 Posted: 23:28:30 19/11/2018
"Risar has heard-- once a safe haven long ago. Many ships have attempted to return, only for few to ever come back. There are legends, rumors... not sure if true. Part of me had always wanted to explore the unknown, the unseen. Travel with master offered safety and known places. Here-- here we can experience something new, something unexplored in a long long time.," Risar explained revealing what was perhaps another reason for leaving his former master. As time passed, the two would continue small talk and the large minotaur would come to reveal more tidbits of information upon being asked-- including what he had previously only told to certain others. Elsewhere, Raclaw and Chester kept Dahlia company; the two furry pals checked up on their beloved Latnok from time to time. Raclaw had spent a little under a year with the Guardian between the prior journey and everything after-- and it showed with the fur dragon having formed a powerful bond with Latnok and becoming a vital asset to Godfather Sere... and his quest to reform the old Guardians into something better.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 23:35:48 19/11/2018 by redwes
#537 Posted: 00:13:38 20/11/2018
Sere, who happened to be on deck at the time, overheard Angora's call of land, and decided that he would climb to the crow's nest to verify the sighting. When he was up, he could indeed confirm land being visible.
Bringing himself back down, he gave a general order to everyone to prepare for landing. Leoquin, who had resumed his terrestrial form at the time, had found his conversation with Risar in the interim to be rather edifying, and was once again looking forward to what the future would hold. Though he didn't like having to take a detour, he realized the necessity of it. Risar - he truly was a much more complex being than his brutish appearance would suggest. Definitely someone worth having as a friend - and someone he wouldn't want as an enemy.
Latnok took a look out onto the horizon, wondering what they would find at this new port. "Hey, Raclaw... you ever wonder if you're doing the right thing?" he asked his fur dragon companion nonchalantly. "You know, there's always someone on the other end of every conflict... just something I was thinking about."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#538 Posted: 00:27:41 20/11/2018
As Angora climbed down to see the land more closely, it was then than she stopped to reflect on how smooth the ride had been. Maverick was nowhere to be seen, and then she wondered...
"Excuse me... Sere? Captain? Um, Godfather? Who is navigating?" she asked him nervously, being closer and the one who ordered Maverick around in the first place. The navigation had been so calm, there were times where she and Shade even forgot they were on a ship. She knew someone who could navigate this well. Angora asked the question, but it had been quite hard for the little troll to address to the old Guardian, still remembering his hostility from earlier and the pain still being fresh.

From the helm, Maverick could finally see the land at the distance from the little window of view he had.
"Por fin! Whew, that was a smooth ride. Guess I haven't lost my touch after all." he said to himself happily, imagining how proud Shade and Angora would feel when they find out he was the one who had navigated the ship and managed to bring them safely on land without any delays or detours. He didn't know if he had accidentally avoided the beast or if the attack from earlier had been simply to scare them away, but they didn't encounter it in the time that Maverick assumed control of the helm, which he hoped would look good in the eyes of the Guardians, especially Sere.
---
#539 Posted: 00:58:27 20/11/2018
Risar had found the conversation to be equally riveting, having appreciated the chance to tell his story. Not many people willingly approached a minotaur and many assumed him to be nothing more than a brute-- so such chances were rare and far in-between. One of the few people who had truly appreciated him for who he was had his old master, but their relationship as 'master and slave' was destined to eventually lead him to seeking his own freedom and his own life. Still-- he looked upon those memories fondly and had learned a great many things from the man. He wasn't someone he would soon forget.

As they looked at the horizon together alongside the little Chester-- Raclaw took a moment to consider his response still staring out onto the new land. "Sometimes I do-- a mind like mine often thinks back upon the past and sometimes.. sometimes you can't help but to wonder. There's always that one part of you that looks back upon your past decisions and wonders of it had made the right choices. Would you have been better off doing this instead of that? And if you could do it all again, would you make the same decision? I haven't been in that many conflicts, but.. but I can imagine the numerous decisions you have made throughout your lifetime.," Raclaw responded revealing his own thoughts on the matter. His mind, more than possibly anyone's, most certainly recorded each of his past decisions-- and often played them back again rather he wanted it to or not.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:59:00 20/11/2018 by redwes
#540 Posted: 01:29:39 20/11/2018
"Maverick is navigating," Sere answered Angora, thinking nothing of her question. "He will be free once we reach the port, if you wish to... spend time with him." Sere didn't bother to stay for any follow-up questions, having other matters on the ship to occupy his time.

"That's the sort of thing I wonder about sometimes," Latnok said. "You know, a lot of times, I think of what it would be like if I were just an average, everyday person. Would I be more pleased with my life than I am now? Of course, it's not something I'll have the luxury of doing - just being a normal person. But I think about it sometimes." For better or for worse, Latnok's life was here now - the "what if", however, was one of the few fantasies he entertained.
"When this is all over, Raclaw... maybe you'll get your family back. Maybe you'll get a chance to have the life I never had. Just a thought..." Latnok hadn't really thought about what would happen once this was over - where would each of them go? It was something that couldn't be settled now - nevertheless, it was an important question.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#541 Posted: 01:50:19 20/11/2018
"Maybe-- I've never really thought about what I would do had I actually found my parents. It was something I had always wanted, but not something that you actually decide until the day it happens... you know? I had been content with my life until I wasn't and wanted more. And now---," he said pausing and looking at Latnok. "When I first met you and Godfather Sere, I wanted nothing more than for someone to just snap their fingers and undo what the Guardians had done to alter the course of my life. Part of me had figured that I had been abandoned or that my parents had been long gone. And now-- I don't know what I'll do when the moment comes or what will happen between you and me. All I know is that you and the Guardians have taken me to new places and allowed me to experience new possibilities. As for what happens later, we're cross that bridge when he get to it.," he then said sitting next to and wrapping his tail around Latnok as he had done once before. Chester gave a bark, understandable only to the fur dragon. "And you too Chester-- I'm glad to have you in my life.," he added with a gentle smile. The little Beagle gave a gentle bark in return, responding to his furry friend.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:56:55 20/11/2018 by redwes
#542 Posted: 01:50:37 20/11/2018
Angora didn't bother with another question, being that the only one and knowing Sere wouldn't be in the mood. The less she interacted with him, the better. Now knowing Maverick had been the navigator and how splendidly the ride went, Angora wanted to believe this would earn him a few positive points from the crew. If they saw what a great sailor and person he was, then maybe finally they would stop treating him so badly and stop the lousy thoughts the Guardians have been brainwashing them with.

Reaching the port, Maverick docked the ship in a nearly flawless matter. Unlike the last island, this one looked rather sad. More like a marsh instead of the intense green and farms of Alya's home. As the plank was being lowered, nobody was there to receive them. At the distance, the shadows beyond the misty terrain looked like a small town, a quiet one clearly. Either it was deserted or too few people live there to even bother receiving their new visitors.
"Well, not exactly a cheerful place, but it's still land. Alright Shady. Let's go. Run around a little. Stretch your paws, but don't go out of the Guardian's line of sight. After stretching and excercising a little, ask permission to fly." Angora suggested as she mounted Shade once more, not wanting to be too far away from the Guardians and risk a paranoia, but also to watch over Shade. From her position, she could see Dahlia still tied up. She was calmer, but still surveilling the sea. Angora thought about releasing her, but Maverick could control her better, so he should do it. She wanted Shade to wait for him, but she wanted to get out of that infernal ship for a while. They could rendezvous someplace else after Shade had enjoyed part of his freedom...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:52:32 20/11/2018 by Felines
#543 Posted: 02:21:34 20/11/2018
Latnok allowed Raclaw to wrap his tail around him once again, finding the gesture oddly pleasant. He couldn't recall the last time anyone before Raclaw had given him a hug - now, it was a rather alien gesture, but not an uncomfortable one. "Come whatever may, we'll find a way to get through," he said.
Ilasi watched as Raclaw and Latnok had their interaction, with Raclaw hugging Latnok. She couldn't help but feel a sort of longing... but put it at the back of her mind for now. She had other things to concern herself with, like the tasks there would undoubtedly be in regards to ship repair now that the group was docking.

WIth the ship in dock, Sere called out to Latnok. "Veris and I are going to scout ahead," he said. "I'll decide our course of action once I return. Watch over the ship in the meantime, and handle anyone who comes appropriately."
"I'll make sure of it," Latnok said. "Should we get ship repairs started?"
"No, not yet - not until I've determined what we need to do. If we need to leave, then I want everyone in a position to do so - I don't want to have people on the hull at an inopportune moment."
Latnok nodded, indicating his acknowledgement of Sere's order. Sere left, heading to the enclosure to grab Veris.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#544 Posted: 02:36:01 20/11/2018
Latnok and Sere were still on the ship, so Angora instructed Shade to stay around the shore. If they could see the ship, they could see them, and Shade was huge. It was hard to miss him.
"Stretch Shady. Run around if you want, just don't fly yet. They'll be time for that." Angora still warned, wanting Shade to get the message straight, even if it meant repeating it. Knowing the Guardians, Angora believed just a little hover would get them to think the worse. She did hated how much restriction they had on the dragolet, but as long as he demonstrated self control, they would allow his freedom little by little. They befriended a creature as gentle as Raclaw, so perhaps they weren't a completely lost cause.

Full of happy pride, Maverick made his presence known around the main deck, the navigation getting him in a very good mood and giving him a great boost of self esteem. He passed near Ilasi and gave a small nod in greeting, demonstrating his good mood and lack of hard feelings. However, there wasn't a blush this time. It seemed like his crush was slowly fading away. After passing besides her, he went to Raclaw and Latnok.
"We're here now. No further delays. Where is the capitán? Would he need something else?" Maverick asked, knowing that Latnok was lractically Sere's second in command, so whatever he ordered, Sere would likely agree to it. Maverick was feeling so good, he decided that a little more iniciative from his part would make him feel even better.
---
#545 Posted: 03:10:18 20/11/2018 | Topic Creator
“I don’t know Angora. This place gives me the creeps.” Shade said. “Maybe It will be best for me to stay on the ship.” He said.

Then an odd old man approached them. “You there dragon. Your kind isn’t welded here! I’d suggest you go back where you came from.”
---
SC
#546 Posted: 03:33:59 20/11/2018
"Latnok-- look.," Raclaw said motioning towards Shade and the strange man. The man gave him a strange vibe that didn't entirely sit well with him.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:39:39 20/11/2018 by redwes
#547 Posted: 03:34:57 20/11/2018
Latnok shrugged. "We aren't going to get any repairs started until Godfather Sere has surveyed the island. We're not going to do anything but sit around and look pretty. Dusk will soon be approaching, anyway."
As Latnok spoke, Veris could be seen leaving the enclosure in the background, Sere in tow. Veris soon took to the skies, beginning their reconnissance mission.
Raclaw drew attention to Shade's apparent dealings with some man on the shore. Latnok knew better than to just hope that it was perfectly fine; he would head down to the shore himself, to see what the issue was.

Maverick continued to show Ilasi kindness, despite their earlier conversation - which was a lot better than Ilasi had been expecting. She couldn't help but feel at least some sense of guilt over what had happened. Maybe there was some way to fix things... Ilasi left for her room, where she intended to construct... something, at least, to better address the situation and provide some sense of closure.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:37:24 20/11/2018 by A Guy
#548 Posted: 03:43:43 20/11/2018
Maverick couldn't help but to give a little laugh at Latnok's comment. He didn't expected a reply like that, even less Latnok using a word like pretty. Despite in the mood to do stuff, he was going to take advantage of this little break.
"ok señor Latnok. If you say so. I'm going to walk Dahlia then, around the ship of course. After that creature attacked her on the other island... well you know." Maverick said, still feeling guilty over how the dirt buffalo was attacked by that badger-bear creature. Good thing Dahlia was a very sturdy animal.

He went to get her, worried that she would start to panic as soon as Veris took off the skies, but much to his surprise and delight, she didn't acted out. Perhaps she was finally getting used to dragon presences at last...

Quote: Spyroconvexity
“I don’t know Angora. This place gives me the creeps.” Shade said. “Maybe It will be best for me to stay on the ship.” He said.

Then an odd old man approached them. “You there dragon. Your kind isn’t welded here! I’d suggest you go back where you came from.”

"I know it's a little creepy, but it's all we have for now..." Angora began to say when she noticed the strange old man and what he just said.

"Now hold it mister. That's not very polite. This dragon has travelled on this ship for a while now without walking too much or even flying. He won't harm anybody. I think he deserves a little freedom.
---
#549 Posted: 10:49:35 20/11/2018 | Topic Creator
“I don’t care. Leave now!” The man said. Soon a young lady came up. “Dad come on leave them alone they aren’t going to hurt you. Leave the past in the past.” She said gently moving him away. She then turned to Angora and Shade. “I’m sorry about that. He had bad experiences with dragons in the past. The name is Crystal.”
---
SC
#550 Posted: 15:29:03 20/11/2018
Angora couldn't believe such a rude man had a daughter, but since she had greeted them and helped them get the old man off their backs, the polite thing was to reciprocate.
"Um, hello. I'm Angora. This is Shade." she greeted back, glad to have found someone who were kind and polite to creatures like them. It wasn't so hard, yet the Guardians, along with the rest of their friends save for Raclaw, were mean to them.
---
First | Previous | Page 11 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me