Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Computer monitor stuck in sleep mode
Page 1 of 1
Computer monitor stuck in sleep mode
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8947
#1 Posted: 18:46:04 05/09/2018 | Topic Creator
So my computer monitor is acting up. It has a completely blank black screen and the power button keeps blinking, and no matter what I try, it refuses to turn on. The monitor’s power button doesn’t do anything when I press it, none of the monitor menu buttons do anything, moving the mouse or hitting keyboard keys does nothing, I tried turning the computer itself off and on, that didn’t work, I tried disconnecting the cord connecting the monitor to the computer AND the actual power cord for the monitor, and that didn’t work either, as soon as I reconnected it went back into sleep mode. I’m out of ideas, does anyone else have any?

Typed from my phone, in case anyone was wondering how I typed this when the monitor won’t turn on.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#2 Posted: 18:49:13 05/09/2018
It's sleepy. Let it rest! *shot*

In all actuality, that sounds concerning. O.o What were you doing on your computer before it decided to poop out?
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#3 Posted: 18:55:06 05/09/2018 | Topic Creator
I wasn’t doing anything too out of the ordinary, mostly just stuff I usually do. I had a moment like this yesterday where it wouldn’t wake up, but even then, it eventually just turned on by itself. No such luck here. I just woke up this morning and it wouldn’t turn on.

Also, I should clarify that the computer itself seems to be working fine. It’s the monitor that’s not cooperating.
---
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#4 Posted: 18:56:38 05/09/2018
Take a hammer to it. It won't be on sleep mode anymore. On the downside, it won't be on any mode anymore. But hey at least it solves your problem! :)
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#5 Posted: 22:00:49 05/09/2018
Pfft, fake. How can you post it here if you don’t have a functioning monitor?
---
Soon.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7728
#6 Posted: 22:59:08 05/09/2018
how did u type this

--

jokes aside (****ing ninja'd by emeraldzoroark on the joke though), try pressing and holding down the power button for no less than ten seconds
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#7 Posted: 15:20:44 06/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Okay, apparently my monitor just didn't feel like working yesterday, 'cause now it's working fine. Yeah. I didn't do anything different, I just waited it out and eventually it just decided to start working again.
---
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#8 Posted: 15:25:30 06/09/2018
Did you take a hammer to it? Either way, you should take a hammer to it.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7728
#9 Posted: 19:33:57 06/09/2018
Quote: Skyhunter
Okay, apparently my monitor just didn't feel like working yesterday, 'cause now it's working fine. Yeah. I didn't do anything different, I just waited it out and eventually it just decided to start working again.

it's like my goldfish that died for half an hour then came back to life for another 2 years
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me