Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
What's your happy song?
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1 Posted: 06:46:44 01/09/2018 | Topic Creator
What song always manages to cheer you up? Your feel good song? The one that can get you pumped up? Or give you motivation?
My meditation teacher says it's a good idea to get a song like this, and I want to hear what yours are because I need some suggestions!!

Bones Shatter might be mine??
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2 Posted: 06:51:48 01/09/2018
i have a few songs that make me really happy but these two are my FAVES

this just makes me giggle a lot.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#3 Posted: 07:30:04 01/09/2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJjxKhjR9H4
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10163
#4 Posted: 09:42:18 01/09/2018

X-Perience - Magic Fields - Magic Fields (1996)

This song always uplifts my mood.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#5 Posted: 14:25:08 01/09/2018
I have a billion, I'll list some, and post some

Happy Feet Two's version of Under Pressure.

Toy Story 2's You Got a Friend in Me.

Jump Up, Super Star.

Both SMG soundtracks are incredible, as well.

And You can Be a Hero, from the MHA soundtrack.

Kid Icarus Menu Theme

All Might theme

You Get What You Give

Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Hero A

Test Drive

Coming Back Around
At 1:09, both of these get amazing

Herd Reunion

One of my favorites, Neos city

Pokeon XYZ English Cover

All Might with U.A. Students

Worthy Rival/Friend

From Me to You

Skylanders: Superchargers Menu Theme

You Say Run

Jet Set Run

Jump Up Superstar!

---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:25:45 01/09/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#6 Posted: 18:31:03 01/09/2018

NSP and TWRP never fail to make me smile
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#7 Posted: 01:40:41 13/12/2018
In a twist of fate that none could have foreseen, the edgy emo lord of darkSpyro bumps a three-month-old topic to post some damn good music. The kind of music that causes hallucinations like believing you can fly. Along with usually listening to dark/depressing music I also find that kind of music to relax and motivate me instead of stressing me out, so this should yield some interesting results.

*-Indicates a band that is usually known for writing incredibly depressing music.
!-Indicates one of my personal favourite bands.

Nostradameus - One for All, All for One
This song is badass and cheerful - a rare mix - but quite repetitive. Though by the end you'll already be left feeling like you can take on an army so repetitiveness isn't much of a problem. If anything, that's what makes it so cool. If you didn't feel particularly motivated then you certainly will by the time it hits the third chorus repetition. You will storm Mordor and kick Sauron's ass whilst listening to this song (or any other fantasy world of your choice).

Kamelot - Vespertine (My Crimson Bride) *
This is the only cheerful Kamelot song I can name. I own four of their albums. Then when they finally make something that doesn't make you feel like trash... it's this. It's almost too good to be true and knowing Kamelot it probably is, there's probably some really dark undertone to this that I'm missing. Nonetheless it's really fast paced and also merges with traditional Kamelot style, surprisingly creating something rather odd yet enjoyable and actually cheerful for once. Their album only came out earlier this year but I have a feeling this song will go down in metal history.

Stratovarius - Hunting High and Low
For everyone else Eagleheart is their feelgood song. For me it's HHaL. Eagleheart is more of a generic poplike metal song whereas HHaL has a certain aura to it that makes it special, a carefree attitude. It eases my mind a lot. Eagleheart on the other hand... just a crappy "happy" song that I've heard so many like before. HHaL has that same feel to it except that it is actually good.

Iced Earth - Tragedy and Triumph !
Wasn't sure whether to put this or Clear the Way. Chose this because it's a little less gritty and I don't even know the full context of Clear the Way. Anyway Tragedy and Triumph comes from Dystopia, an incredibly dark album about... dystopias. Whilst most of the album deals with the concept of living in a dystopia, Tragedy and Triumph instead takes on the topic of overcoming a dystopia. More accurately - the dystopia is literally coming undone throughout the song. This is the revolution taking place. You can feel a palpable sense of energy coming from this song and it's kickass.

Sonata Arctica - Life * !
Sonata Arctica make a lot of fast paced songs with dark lyrics. Ironically, Life is a slow paced song with happy lyrics. Perhaps also the only ballad on this list too. From their highly controversial Ninth Hour album, Life is one of many ballads from said album. What makes it so particularly special besides being a ballad is that its lyrics aren't about overcoming either, they're more about acceptance. It is a dumb thing to say but the fact won't wane away - life is better alive! This is the message the song conveys. There's a lot of beautiful things in this world... why should we ignore it all?

JAM Project - THE HERO !!
Okay so it's an anime theme. More than that, it's kickass and that's the only word that can properly describe it besides "cheesy". Because this song is like being asked if you want to buy some cheese then you buy their whole stock before flying into space and single-handedly taking down the whole Martian armada. Indeed, as well as being kickass and cheesy, it is also the theme from One Punch Man which is also a pretty good anime too. It defines the anime pretty well. The song, the anime, both kickass and cheesy in almost equal measures.

Blind Guardian - Grand Parade !
9 minutes of not positivity, but instead something that builds up as it progresses. Don't expect it to suddenly start giving you detailed instructions on how to overcome all your problems. Just keep listening and wait. Maybe you won't even notice - the tone changes over a full 9 minutes so there's a lot of time for small subtle changes and before you know it you've turned into Chuck Norris. It affects you on an almost subliminal level. The intro leads you to believe it's going to be quite depressing until it gets happier, and happier. Again you might not even notice these changes at first. That's how cool this song is.

Lost Horizon - Highlander (The One)
If you decided to read this whole thing and not skip to the end then congrats, you have found my ultimate motivational song. This song never fails to pick me up when I'm down - never. It's 12 minutes long and actually sounds more like a spiritual experience than a song. I'm not actually kidding that's what it sounds like. More than that, it's like reading a million self-empowerment books at once. You will apotheosize into a higher being upon hearing this song. You will even be able to understand Rick and Morty.

Civil War - The Last Full Measure
Unlike their previous band Sabaton, Civil War are even grittier and Gangs of New York is perhaps a contender for the grittiest song I've ever heard. That's from the same album and comes just after A Tale That Never Should Be Told. Again that's an actual song from this album. However the song that the album is titled after shows that there is a little light at the end of the tunnel - this is what could be considered a kind of victory song. Not quite a victory song, but possibly more of a song you would play shortly before your actual victory. This is exactly what the title tells you - it's The Last Full Measure. One more battle to win, there's no giving in!

Notable contenders for this list:

Nightwish - Endless Forms Most Beautiful (and the rest of the album) !
What more can I say? There's a lot of beautiful things in this world. Whilst it is true that there's a little bad in it too, the end result is indeed that our world is beautiful as a whole. Don't ignore it. Embrace it, and everything within. That's a large part of what this album is about along with the concept of evolution. Despite the title song being the one I chose my personal favourite from the album was Edema Ruh but that doesn't sum up the album nearly as well.

Powerglove - Gotta Catch 'Em All
It's the Pokémon theme song except it's in power metal (like heavy metal but heavier) and sung by Tony Kakko. Admittedly I've never actually heard the original so I can't speak for that but the result of metal and Pokémon is entertaining to say the least. And catchy. It's so catchy that I had this song stuck in my head and couldn't forget it for days once so I normally attach a warning label when I mention it. Nonetheless if you want something that will take your mind off something this is the best you'll get - it'll even help you forget that scary movie you watched earlier. Probably.

~0~0~

This might come in handy for future reference. Tell me if there's any errors and again, this is my opinion. If you don't think war songs can be cheerful then go back to listening to whatever your latest pop artist has brought out now.

Note: JAM Project is not one of my favourite bands that's just part of the title.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:47:07 13/12/2018 by Buchi
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#8 Posted: 01:56:55 13/12/2018
Windy & Co. from Conkers Bad Fur Day or basically any other song from this game (except the 2 final songs which are the complete opposite of happy).
This collection of songs is supposed to sound as happy and kid friendly as possible to hide it's very adult humor.
It's literally impossible for me not to be happy when listening to this song, also the whistling version makes going to the toilet actually enjoyable.
Also this happy music plays when one of the characters kills themselves and it's hilarious.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
#9 Posted: 02:03:33 13/12/2018
There's also Gloryhammer if you want to laugh. The Unicorn Invasion of Dundee is a good song.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:03:50 13/12/2018 by Buchi
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#10 Posted: 09:50:19 13/12/2018
happy song
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#11 Posted: 14:40:58 13/12/2018
One Little Spark from the original Journey into Imagination ride

The Three Caballeros original theme

There are a lot of songs that motivate me or make me think of happy memories, but these songs always cheer me up. There's something about their charm, their innocence, their zest for life interlaced within the melody and lyrics. I wouldn't even say nostalgia fuels this feeling. I was born the same year the original Figment ride got shut down, and to this day I've never watched the film where the Three Caballeros comes from.

I dunno, they just make me smile.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#12 Posted: 16:55:58 13/12/2018
Currently, N/A -- I ain't got no time for music. But in the past, Spyro 4's Mid Flute and Enya's Orinoco Flow have been my happy songs.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6460
#13 Posted: 18:33:28 13/12/2018

-----
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#14 Posted: 18:41:47 13/12/2018

I guess I should note that The Polar Express was the first movie I ever watched
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#15 Posted: 22:47:32 13/12/2018

This song by Bjork always used to make me feel better during dark times. The part where she sings "don't get angry with yourself -- I'll heal you" still especially hits me hard.
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#16 Posted: 09:36:15 14/12/2018
Anything off this album (and, well, anything from this artist), but these stand out:

Or this!!

Or these?

Music's my favorite, I have a whole lot of happy songs, but I think these are some ones that immediately came to mind ^w^
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
Knight Wolf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4336
#17 Posted: 14:40:35 14/12/2018

That's really I can think of right now.
---
Your messing with my Zen thing people. @Hawksider
#18 Posted: 13:48:03 16/12/2018
Furthermore, all songs I know with "Heroes" or any variation of are usually incredibly motivational too. Examples I can think of include:

Dragonforce - Heroes of Our Time
Majesty - Heroes
The Script - Superheroes
JAM Project - THE HERO !! (I've already posted this one)
Masterplan - Heroes

I know no exceptions to this rule so far. If it has "hero" in the title then it's guaranteed to be kickass.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#19 Posted: 23:08:26 23/12/2018

big
boys
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me