Page 1 of 1
What would you have done?
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#1 Posted: 13:12:00 30/08/2018 | Topic Creator
If you were designing the game, going into it, what would you have done with Imaginators if you knew it would be the last in the series? (for the time being)

Here's some ideas to bounce around.
  • The Senseis earn their Sky Chi using specific Shrines in each level. I know they already do this, but instead of every Knight Sensei going to Shellmont Shores, the Shrine solely for Ambush is in that level. The Shrines for Blaster Tron and Wild Storm would be in later levels. I believe having 3 different Shrines per levels adds it all up. Crash and Cortex's would be in the Thumpin Wumpa Islands.
  • Make the M.A.P. bigger and have more of the endgame quests. Even if it took way longer to develop, make it so you could zoom in and out to really see every inch in detail. Ideally but unrealistically, give the player camera control on the M.A.P.
  • Definitely improve the writing of the story. Include more characters from older games as NPCs alongside the Academy crew.
  • Add the Sentinel Doomlander fight into Kaos's Lair. Have it right at the beginning of the level.
  • Add gates to the Elemental Realms in levels (like Superchargers did)
  • Make the Switch version compatible with a portal through the USB port on the dock (minor personal nitpick)
  • Obviously, design a new portal instead of reusing the Superchargers one
  • Design a new summoning screen that isn't just the Superchargers vortex minus the vehicle. It would make sense canonically if the portal had a rift engine since in Superchargers Kaos has severed the connection, but have the rift engine be part of the physical portal so the summoning screen looks like it did before Trap Team (the whole vortex thing is boring)

(Yay, first topic since my return)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:14:33 30/08/2018 by isaac343018s
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#2 Posted: 23:23:00 30/08/2018
1. Not nerfed past characters, or made Imaginators as OP as they are.

2. Expanded on the creation concept by allowing people to create their own Islands. Allowing a limited selection of terrains, textures, structures etc. For example you could start with a base Jungle or Desert or Rocky/Castle, Under Ground, Ice etc type theme then add elements to that. A limited selection of buildings that Skylanders could effective set up as their homes. One of the elements that could be added would be a faulty portal that would allow enemies to come through and then move to parts of the island that the Skylanders would then need to defeat. Mabu or other peaceful Skyland natives could take up residence on these islands as well under the protection of the Skylanders.

Understanding that Activision is all about making money they could have sold Island creation packs that would give you the base island type with a number of elements that could be added to customise the island with additional elements being unlocked in game or sold as micro transactions.
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#3 Posted: 09:17:10 31/08/2018
I'll go through all the points:
1. Having one shrine per Sensei is basically just another soul gem, the point of making them for battle classes is so they're not just secondary soul gems.

2. I agree with the M.A.P being bigger and having a free camera, but the endgame quests should be similar to already existing levels like Trouble Town/Calamity City, the other two quest areas should be fleshed out to make full levels, they should also get rid of repetitive boring missions like the chicken herding and balloon shooting. The elemental realms are enough endgame content anyway.

3. They should have kept the academy crew out of or less important in the main story, (I would have ditched them all together, they are all flat and annoying) keeping them for the side quests and elemental realms, it's understandable that they would use them to promote the show, but I hate them, would have rather had the NPC's from Spyro's Adventure make a return (mainly T-Bone).

4.They should have more levels that are based off the dungeon and war side levels, they could have done a level like Mystic Mill or Operation Troll Rocket Steal with the war level and the dungeon could be a maze like level, they should have made the rat kingdom longer and it could be a story level. That way you can have the sentinel fight and some more unique bosses instead of doomlanders in every level.

5. In supercharges, the elemental gates were 1-5 minutes so they were a short diversion, while the elemental realms are half the size of story levels (you could argue that some are longer than the cradle of creation). It would be a pace breaker to have to go through those big levels and then drop back to finish the level you were already playing, most people would leave them to be played separately form the M.A.P.
(Skipping the Switch nitpick)

6. I agree with a new portal being created though I don't know what it would look like, at least all previous portals are compatible in Imaginators.

7. The summoning screen should be the same background screen as the background when making an Imaginator, with the stars and the vortex colour changing depending on the element.

I also agree that they shouldn't have nerfed the older skylanders and made the Senseis/Imaginators OP (I almost always play with older figures.)
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#4 Posted: 22:52:20 31/08/2018
1.Make the M.A.P bigger and change the camera view to a first person point of view so it would take longer to explore.

2.Connect the story to Super Chargers...How did Kaos gain his powers back why is he suddnley in his lair.

3.Make the NPC Skylanders more helpful by helping you out in Final bosses instead of Skylanders do this and that...add more characters, show us backstories and let us see them have special moments...the game felt very lifeless.

4.Make the doom landers boss battles harder and more interesting some of them felt to easy especially while playing with the imaginators or senseis.

5.Add more side content to the game ( more battle arenas , race tracks , online gameplay and battle mode )

6.Portal Master Rank with special unlockables after reaching specific levels.

7.customizing an island or at least the academy since there wasn’t much to do there...heck Super Chargers had some sort of hub customization and this game is called imaginators where is the imagination parts fellas ?!!

8.More diversity in the imaginators parts...I know that we had many , but there are still somethings that felt missing.

9.TBH i hated the story it was the most childish and least interesting one yet I found myself skipping so much dialogue and cutscenes...I would of done something completely different.
Malefore is back and he brought back some villains with him like luminous , nightshade , dragon hunter , mesmeralda , captain fright beard along with new ones we haven’t seen before.
I want a level where Malefore corrupts Cybder and we get to fight her.
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#5 Posted: 21:35:38 29/12/2018
Player vs. player your imaginators would get a real test fighting those of friends and family.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#6 Posted: 03:52:58 07/03/2019
Bringing back player v player, all those mini games from SWAP Force and the challenges in Trap Team would be great
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me