Page 1 of 1
its still the best skylander game
CountMoneyBone Gold Sparx Gems: 2789
#1 Posted: 10:33:20 18/08/2018 | Topic Creator
i was on youtube today and found the music for the skylanders spyros adventure game. i will say the music is still fantastic, its the best game music i have heard. and it just bring back all the good memories, it make me want to play the game again.

have a listen and enjoy.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...46FFA1862CCE21C
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
iceblade2488 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1045
#2 Posted: 02:30:04 26/08/2018
Quote: CountMoneyBone
i was on youtube today and found the music for the skylanders spyros adventure game. i will say the music is still fantastic, its the best game music i have heard. and it just bring back all the good memories, it make me want to play the game again.

have a listen and enjoy.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...46FFA1862CCE21C

In my best attempt to not sound like a nostalgia driven fool, I have to absolutely agree. It was before all the gimmicks, the annual releases that made the game more stale than a box of month old Lucky Charms, the series reposes and special light core variants that were just excuses to sell the same figure over again..........ah man too late, I went full nostalgia smilie! Can't believe it's been 7 years already, where does the time go? I still remember dragging my mom all over God's creation to find Wham-Shell, and being the only kid at my school with all 32 of the originals!
---
Just a fool driven by nostolgia
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1543
#3 Posted: 03:07:28 26/08/2018
Honestly, It's my least favorite of the games, but mainly because of the lack of content compared to the others

This one is still freakin amazing though

Also, I got Wham-Shell because he was at Target, that was the only reason I got him, I didn't even know he was rare
---
I'm done, I'll be on discord, see ya
Buchi Red Sparx Gems: 84
#4 Posted: 11:47:46 26/08/2018
This game ****ed my life up. It's awesome.
---
Born without a name, on the darkest day...
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2246
#5 Posted: 16:04:19 26/08/2018
Imagine not getting this game. Where the hell would I be in life?

That's... sad, anyway.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2189
#6 Posted: 06:03:22 27/08/2018
These days for me it's like

The tops: SA and TT
Next-best: SF and SC
Good: Giants and SI

I dunno, these days I don't think any of the main games were bad. Looking back on SC it had a lot of effort and there some things I can appreciate about it. Could just be another time I'm optimistic about it then can't stand playing it, but I'm not replaying it for a while so I'll see, and that's another topic.

SA and TT have the most heart though: they try hardest to make you feel like a Portal Master, they had tons of unique assets, and they were just fun.
However, while less ambitious and large, SA does feel more complete (and its flaws are definitely less glaring) and polished. It's a tough call between the two for me, but FWIW, I only play SA these days. Due to convinience. Will be replaying the entire series, but until then, it's just this vague ranking.

But I really love how SA actually feels it has something for everyone to do: the terrain traversal, no gimmicks that stick out and unlock even more, minimal variants, all the heroics- it felt like all the heroes were important because at this point they weren't buried under more "relevant" gimmicks, dozens of dozens more characters, or in games that they clearly weren't rebalanced for... (After Giants, only SF got this right imo, everyone is viable in SC but it's only because they made the game so dang easy...)
Plus since they don't all speak english it lends some characters an exotic flavor and certainly makes the cast less generic.

It's like in this game SKYLANDERS was the title and around SF or TT the GIMMICK became the real title.

I feel like I've said most of what I can say about this game, but yeah, I really love it. It's the most pure Skylanders experience that feels most complete overall, even with improvements that came later. Best story and art imo, the cast is still really solid, reasonable balance (there's probably less than a dozen outliers), fabulous chapters and count, solid level design that gets the point and is replayable, plenty to upgrade on each character, still had pvp (and it was still fun! t'was lame in SF).
You look at later games and (to cut it short) they respectively dropped the ball on level design, story/art, balance, structure and general effort beyond roster. Don't get me wrong, SA isn't perfect or the best at everything or something... its big issue is lack of difficulty... but taken as a whole, I think it clearly shows the fewest flaws.

I wonder where Skylanders would be today if most Spyro fans had liked it from the beginning.

Quote: iceblade2488
It was before all the gimmicks, the annual releases that made the game more stale than a box of month old Lucky Charms, the series reposes and special light core variants that were just excuses to sell the same figure over again..........ah man too late, I went full nostalgia ;)!

Hey man, that's actually legit. Playing the later games and seeing gates that no cores can access sucks, and the extreme opposite of nothing but Gongs in SI is lame. :'D Sometimes we're actually nostalgic over good, valid points, not just memories.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:18:53 27/08/2018 by Drawdler
ZapNorris Emerald Sparx Gems: 4689
#7 Posted: 18:44:25 27/08/2018
may i suggest... giants

---
is meatball an fruit
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me