Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Do you remember the day you signed up for this site?
Page 1 of 1
Do you remember the day you signed up for this site?
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#1 Posted: 19:11:57 08/08/2018 | Topic Creator
I don't just mean how you found it, I mean what were you doing that day? Was it a good day? How old were you?

I was twelve, sitting in the computer room in my house, I was bored on a Saturday afternoon and avoiding the nice clear blue sky and sunshine. I remember being on this site for aaages the day I signed up, it was so fun
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#2 Posted: 19:29:21 08/08/2018
yeah. I was 15 and I just signed up real quickly before school one day. I had been lurking around the site for a while and that was the day I finally decided I'd make an account.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 19:29:48 08/08/2018
Not really. I was lurking for many years, bit the bullet to make a comment, but no idea what it was anymore. It was this kind of mysterious clan for spyro fans from the outside.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#4 Posted: 19:35:47 08/08/2018
i dont remember the day i just remember being pissed off this site always popped up whenever i googled spyro. i remember sitting there thinking of a username though. i wanted it to be electricdragon or something but it was already taken. on the 20th it'll be my 8 year anniversary on this site. i can't believe it's been that long.
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#5 Posted: 19:36:51 08/08/2018
Well, it was not too long after my sister's 1st anniversary after passing away so I'm was rather sad and the first Skylanders had just come out a few months ago. I was Skylanders to cheer myself up and I got stuck on a level and I looked up a guide which happened to be here. Then I joined after seeing there was a community side too. I was like 12 at the time too, damn.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#6 Posted: 19:49:34 08/08/2018
I was eleven, almost twelve. I had been lurking for months and tried to make an account long before but never got the verification email. One day I had started commenting on the DOTD page and having conversations and Darky wanted me to stfu and make an account and talk on the forums instead. So I told him about my technical difficulties and he asked me to try again and he would see if there was a problem or something. I tried again and actually got the verification email and here I am.
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8936
#7 Posted: 20:35:06 08/08/2018
I remember I just kind of lurked for a while to read up on info about Skylander releases (hence my username), then one day I wanted to add my two cents on one of the polls, so I signed up, and been here ever since.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#8 Posted: 21:54:50 08/08/2018
Coincidentally, it was the same day I lost my innocence. Hm, I'm sure they aren't related in any way.

In all seriousness, I can't remember a darn thing about that day, other than the fact I had been lurking for some time. I'm pretty much just commenting here to make that stupid joke.
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#9 Posted: 01:44:56 09/08/2018
Not fondly.
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#10 Posted: 01:47:14 09/08/2018
Quote: spyro and sonic
yeah. I was 15 and I just signed up real quickly before school one day. I had been lurking around the site for a while and that was the day I finally decided I'd make an account.

Besides the age, this is the exact same as me.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#11 Posted: 04:09:19 09/08/2018
in the morning on the first day of summer vacation
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#12 Posted: 04:35:23 09/08/2018
after school in the 7th grade
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#13 Posted: 05:27:59 09/08/2018
No memory at all. Just know I was 11 because of the date given for when I signed up lol.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#14 Posted: 07:11:39 09/08/2018
I was listening to the music for the final boss of Giants, and after I read all of the comments I thought: Is there more people that have talked about how AWESOME this song is?
I heard of this site before and I thought "people talk about Dark Spyro? I mean, he's cool but there isn't much to talk about, he's just a variant."
I decided to come here though when searching up forums and my first thought was: "There's ads on the site, this is serious business."
After lurking for 1 week I tried to use the search bar but it said you needed an account so I made one and searched stuff.
I posted about some glitch in superchargers and some other thread (I forgot) then just kinda left.
Now I just uuhhh... "comment" on my own guestbook, a secret place of something. (I'm not insane I swear.)
Also I recently found that a made an account a day before my birthday so I was 12, but I was nearly 13 now I'm nearly 14. oof
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#15 Posted: 16:13:43 09/08/2018
I was twelve! I remember my brother had signed up a few months prior, but even before that, we'd both been using the site for the Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure level guides. He seemed to be having a lot of fun, and I wanted to join him, so thus, I made my account at the beginning of summer break: June 22nd. I know I asked my mom for permission to sign up. smilie I don't know if I remember much else besides my age and that detail. My brother and I probably played Skylanders though, lol.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#16 Posted: 18:16:45 09/08/2018
It remember everything.

It was a wet and crappy August day back in 2014 and i'd been told about this place by a Skylanders collector.

I decided to sign up, and the rest is history.

Where have those 4 years gone...
---
^ You all know it's true
#17 Posted: 23:53:37 09/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: ShadowMewX
I was twelve! I remember my brother had signed up a few months prior, but even before that, we'd both been using the site for the Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure level guides. He seemed to be having a lot of fun, and I wanted to join him, so thus, I made my account at the beginning of summer break: June 22nd. I know I asked my mom for permission to sign up. smilie I don't know if I remember much else besides my age and that detail. My brother and I probably played Skylanders though, lol.

Hello you, I miss you smilie
---
oh my god
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#18 Posted: 00:51:12 10/08/2018
Well children, gather round the snapchat and I shall tell you about when I signed up for this site...on a Dialup internet connection.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#19 Posted: 16:13:02 10/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: SpyroxCynder
Well children, gather round the snapchat and I shall tell you about when I signed up for this site...on a Dialup internet connection.

*children gasp in awe*
---
oh my god
Shibaru Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#20 Posted: 16:27:04 10/08/2018
Absolutely not.
---
G3MINI, Biggest bubbleton on Mixer.
Hi Lindsey. - Taylor Swift
Asdra#7043 on Discord
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#21 Posted: 17:07:52 10/08/2018
Lol idk. Maybe after the second wave of Skylanders was released/announced?
---
Gay 4 GARcher
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#22 Posted: 15:56:02 11/08/2018
I have no memory of what I was doing on the day I joined. All I remember was that it was shortly after the forum first opened and I was 12 years old. Although, my profile says I joined at 00:46 for some reason which is impossible as I never stayed up that late at that young age, even when I was off school.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#23 Posted: 17:27:05 11/08/2018
I got banned from Spyro Forums for having multiple accounts, so I started fresh here. I was like, nine or ten at the time. Although I don't remember the exact day, I know it was around the time DotD was still new and that's all I would talk about.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#24 Posted: 23:22:22 11/08/2018
When Skylanders was announced, that set me off and I discovered there was already a fanclub set up in DeviantArt shortly after it was announced. I knew I was violating the no harassment rule when I vented out against the people who supported that game, because I thought it meant no more Spyro and that Skylanders was a lazy attempt to justify making a Diablo-clone with toys than a proper 3D platformer. It was CAV that noticed my terrible behavior and had a topic in darkSpyro that's along the lines of Breaking the mind of a loyalist, which was obviously about me and how I was acting. The topic was dying off before I flamed the fans again by joining the site, just to annoy ones that I was around. Despite my poor attempts at being edgy, I gave in and gave Skylanders a chance. I think a posting a picture of the game I bought set me on the path to redemption.

So... here I am, from angry Spyro fanboy to punching upwards against the likes of Elon Musk and Roseanne Barr, still doing my best to make my posts stand out from the rest of the stuff and nonsense because I don't know if I'll ever join Reddit.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:25:27 11/08/2018 by StevemacQ
Crystal Dragon Diamond Sparx Gems: 8850
#25 Posted: 23:38:42 11/08/2018
i literally joined because i was a bored 12 year old who stumbled across a rather chill (at the time) community about spyro and i wanted to take a shot at joining in with them and conversating

and also because i liked the other goodies on the site like the dragon generator, and i enjoyed reading the written works of others, it encouraged me to get into writing myself
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#26 Posted: 00:35:14 12/08/2018
I was in a camper using the really bad clubhouse internet.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#27 Posted: 04:19:22 16/08/2018
July... 12th, 2013? I was 13. I knew the site existed for a while and decided to join when I thought my Skylanders broke lol.
It didn’t take long for me to start frequenting S&N (Skylander threads could only keep me entertained for so long).
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#28 Posted: 21:06:25 16/08/2018
I was 11. I remember I found the site after researching the cancelled movie and I guess I just kinda stuck around since I was really involved with Spyro at the time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
---
Cool cool.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#29 Posted: 22:18:46 16/08/2018
I woke up one day and was on this site. No explanation for how or why.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:19:12 16/08/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#30 Posted: 13:26:30 17/08/2018
Dude I barely remember yesterday.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#31 Posted: 21:18:30 17/08/2018
I think I was in Freshman year of high school when I finally joined. We had a switched out teacher for the computer class because I think the other teacher had a health issue. So being the tech saavy kid I was I kind of managed to breeze through the class with minimal help and got a lot of free time in that class.

The Teacher didn't mind that I was on DarkSpyro because she knows it was only for video game talk and not games. Just as long as I did my work.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10179
#32 Posted: 22:13:55 17/08/2018
It has been over 11 years so I can't remember that day to its finest details. All I remember is that I came here to seek cheat codes for Spyro games and noticed the forums, joined and probably posted my first post back then. I cannot confrim that from my message history since the ancient topics were removed at one point.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me