Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > How much have you been impacted by peer pressure?
Page 1 of 1
How much have you been impacted by peer pressure?
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#1 Posted: 01:53:36 06/08/2018 | Topic Creator
I’ve never conformed to peer pressure myself, although last week I have really started to realize how strong and tempting it can be.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:03:36 06/08/2018 by Mrmorrises
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#2 Posted: 02:04:53 06/08/2018
This is incredibly vague dude. Peer pressure can be friends convincing you to do anything from ordering dessert to shooting heroin. Want to narrow it down a bit?

As for me, the closest I've come recently was when my friend asked me to walk up to a girl and say "Hey, pretty mama" a la Johnny Bravo and I thought about it for a few minutes
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:05:35 06/08/2018 by Metallo
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#3 Posted: 02:09:33 06/08/2018
im very very vulnerable to peer pressure. like im honestly guilty of the bully bandwagon where you just pick on someone because everyone else is doing it. i stopped doing that but groups of people always influence me. im not sure if peer pressure is enough to make pop some xanies or shoot up. but it does make me do a lot of dumb ****.
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#4 Posted: 02:09:37 06/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Metallo
This is incredibly vague dude. Peer pressure can be friends convincing you to do anything from ordering dessert to shooting heroin. Want to narrow it down a bit?

As for me, the closest I've come recently was when my friend asked me to walk up to a girl and say "Hey, pretty mama" a la Johnny Bravo and I thought about it for a few minutes

I’m talking more about peer pressure for things like drugs, alcohol, sexual activity. Not about softer stuff like ordering dessert.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#5 Posted: 02:51:22 06/08/2018
Nah, I don't need peer pressure, I make enough stupid decisions on my own.

In all seriousness, I've been fortunate to have good friends who don't pressure me
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#6 Posted: 04:28:32 06/08/2018
I don't conform to peer pressure as Morris elaborated on it in the slightest! I don't drink, do drugs or have sex, and nobody could make me do it for anything. I don't even conform to societal pressure on the way I compose myself- my hair's been black and red for years, I listen to "edgy" music that most people consider a joke, I don't wear jeans, converse or anything that's in style (Crocs all the way) and I highly prefer forums and art websites over social media.
However...I'm really self-conscious, and I find it difficult to defend the things I love sometimes. I don't go out of my way to flaunt how "different" and "unique" I am, and I actually kind of avoid talking about my interests for fear that others might view them as weird or cringy. I might laugh at myself if I see others doing it, and I might not speak up when it comes to slightly more serious peer pressures, but when push comes to shove, and we're talking about things like "this friend is bullying this person" or "this person is drinking and being dangerous and you should really say something," I try to make myself unshakeable in my beliefs to do the right thing.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#7 Posted: 13:29:59 06/08/2018
Can't have peer pressure when you have no peers
[User Posted Image]
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#8 Posted: 13:42:32 06/08/2018
all of my irl friends are nerds who aren't interested in that stuff, but i'm too stubborn to cave into stupid **** anyway.
SuperSpyroFan55 Gold Sparx Gems: 2265
#9 Posted: 14:55:56 06/08/2018
Quote: StormDragon21
Can't have peer pressure when you have no peers
[User Posted Image]

-----
---
eggmans gona pop dat cherry
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#10 Posted: 10:29:26 07/08/2018
I do give in to peer pressure a lot and did it a lot when I'm younger. But I'm starting to not care anymore and just doing what I want to do. The way I dress is the way I dress and I don't care if I look like a school girl lol, pants are uncomfortable and skirts are great. I used to also hide my love for nerd stuff but I'm now not caring anymore and buying all the merch of my favourite franchises and characters >.>
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me