darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Do you think Imaginators will be/would've been playable in later games?
Page 1 of 1
Do you think Imaginators will be/would've been playable in later games?
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5185
#1 Posted: 16:45:14 03/08/2018 | Topic Creator
While we won't have an answer anytime soon, it is something to think about.

I personally think that, yes they would/will be, but their max level would be 20. I also think its possible we would have gotten new parts and sets.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6742
#2 Posted: 18:55:34 03/08/2018
Nope. They'd find an excuse that it's too hard to adapt them to other gameplay changes, and most importantly, new gimmicks.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Halvmorke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1922
#3 Posted: 21:13:21 03/08/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Nope. They'd find an excuse that it's too hard to adapt them to other gameplay changes, and most importantly, new gimmicks.

But you'd unlock some money once per Imaginator.
---
Halvmorke's Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6742
#4 Posted: 21:25:26 03/08/2018
Oh man, I'm sure my fully upgraded collection would find a use for it.

I think we asked for a money sink all the way back in SF. To the bitter end, we didn't even get a store for Common parts.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
NSane Bandicoot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1106
#5 Posted: 10:59:46 06/08/2018
I think they would be playable in a new game.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
flarewolf 34 Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#6 Posted: 10:37:30 08/08/2018
maybe who knows
---
my youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ1A12cTLUPE1rLewjqX5Bw?view_as=subscriber
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1414
#7 Posted: 11:29:48 11/08/2018
Ideally if there had been an S7 they would have kept with this gimmick/theme but taken it one step further where you could build your own Skylands islands that other playera could visit and bad guys could invade.

But I think they would have scrapped it to try to milk money out of us with a fresh new gimmick.
cartoon11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1943
#8 Posted: 13:06:19 14/08/2018
I don't think they will be playable. Just as every gimmick before they will just be a side product.
Maybe they will appear as statues when you load them.
But before we complain there should be a next game...
CountMoneyBone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3170
#9 Posted: 08:23:42 17/08/2018
Quote: cartoon11
I don't think they will be playable. Just as every gimmick before they will just be a side product.
Maybe they will appear as statues when you load them.
But before we complain there should be a next game...

its just to early for anything new skylanders and specially imaginators... but if the new spyro trilogy do good i can see a remake of skylanders spyro adventure happen. there will be no figures to buy and you will start with spyro and unlock the other characters as you play.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Muffin Man Emerald Sparx Gems: 3257
#10 Posted: 18:55:49 22/08/2018
I fully expect that they would have mostly disgarded creation crystals like they did with traps and vehicles.
---
whoever reads this shall succumb to the ways of the Muffin
Buchi Green Sparx Gems: 417
#11 Posted: 20:36:38 22/08/2018
Probably disregarded and discontinued, if they deemed it too much effort and too little money.
---
Aspirat primo fortuna labori. Me duce tutus eris. Vox populi, vox dei. Ad meiorem, dei gloriam. Ad infinitum.
PM me weird stuff.
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#12 Posted: 12:24:20 24/08/2018
Vehicles aren't disregarded in Imaginators, and I don't think it matters another skylander game is wihsful thinking.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2399
#13 Posted: 12:45:08 24/08/2018
I think that they will be playable but their levels won’t go pass 20 and they will get fixed stats.
Buchi Green Sparx Gems: 417
#14 Posted: 13:56:29 24/08/2018
Vehicles were completely gone in the Switch version though(?), so technically, yes. In a way.
---
Aspirat primo fortuna labori. Me duce tutus eris. Vox populi, vox dei. Ad meiorem, dei gloriam. Ad infinitum.
PM me weird stuff.
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2876
#15 Posted: 15:45:14 24/08/2018
Nah. I looked back on old threads speculating about Skylanders 5, and it's surprising how many people thought Traps were a shoe-in (or at least, very likely).
In retrospect... Doesn't make sense. We still hadn't even settled on game physics then.

This doesn't mean much, but another pattern is that back then, people wanted the Trap gimmick to continue being built upon and I've seen several ask for the same with Imaginators.

Imaginators would make more sense for sure- and these aren't 1:1 situations- but I'd still expect them to be canned, like the cynic I am. :y In all seriousness, though, they'd still be more playtesting even if the gameplay and other aspects of the engine carried forward and we have a precedent for a central gimmick getting dumped.
Hell, I'd argue the design impact of Traps is more significant than Imaginators (although I think Imaginators would upset people more), even down to thematics and story. They're arguably a worse loss and Acti know they can get away with cutting them.

Imaginators are also unbalanced as hell, to the point they become more boring than entertainingly OP. While certain villains are OP they don't cross over into being boring and it helps that they have a lot more personality (and even variety in gameplay) too. I'm sure some people enjoy Imaginators more and their lack of stat caps, but even as someone fairly attached to her Imaginators, I think (even with weak weapons and moves) they get boring long before they're maxed out- one of the main incentives of the series for me is maxing characters, and when it makes them more boring to play, it's not inticing. Now why do they get boring? Because there's no cap to their power, they can't be balanced whatsoever, with literal unlimited potential. At some point there's absolutely nothing in the game that can pose any threat to them.
Guess there was no time to balance that and... uhh, yeah, TFB could be better with balance in the first place. In my opinion Imaginators would need a lot of rebalancing to be fun, and as-is they would outshine mystery future gimmick (they outshine Senseis as it is- a real shame, as I hold they're possibly the best roster).

My point is, uh, I wouldn't really care about having them back if they weren't rebalanced.
It would definitely be better having them in that state than not having them, but let's be real, there are so many characters to fit in already to the point it was a knock on game quality on top of deadlines and nudges from Activision. Way better to cut out Imaginators than the Senseis themselves, if they had to, or if it would mean good quality improvements in their place.

And we can safely bet they wouldn't be balanced. It's not like Activision ever sold these games on muh balance or gameplay refinements in general- even SF was marketed less as refinement, more as shiny new graphics and jumping, and even fans never talked about game feel prerelease AFAIK. It was a bigger issue in the fandom after that game, but still, I think that stuff only gets marketed with competitive games.
Acti could toss Imaginators in newer games with no QA beyond making the characters playable and people would just be glad to have them supported in a greater capacity than Traps and Magic Items. And I would expect no quality improvements, lack of polish and even a couple bugs in Imaginators if they'd carried forward.

But they're not actual Skylanders and precedent paints a nasty picture for all those other figures that aren't actual Skylanders. Doesn't matter if your Imaginators are actual Skylanders in your heart, yo, Activision can't market your cum Skylander with a meanie word in its name. It's not like they market all the old Skylanders, or even how there are so many, but cutting them would at least earn more ire.

And they'd still have to start making cuts there at some point. I think it's more interesting to ask when that would happen.
I may be misunderstanding how this proposition would have worked, but thank goodness we never had Skylanders relegated to ~the cloud~, because Acti would have already taken those online components down. e_e
---
Quote: dark52
Error: You
Edited 9 times - Last edited at 16:48:14 24/08/2018 by Drawdler
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me