Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 35 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Dark Times (open) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1701 Posted: 12:40:48 20/09/2018
The king gave Angora a look of disdain, obviously less than pleased "That would be the case if your dragon acted up - which, ideally, he shouldn't. But you know, you have quite the tongue, and a complete lack of respect. For that, I will deny you the privilege of having the fungus removed, which I was previously going to grant you. You will need to figure out how to make it work."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1702 Posted: 12:49:20 20/09/2018
Once again, Angora knew that her need to forcefully speak up her mind like she always did got her in trouble. So putting away her pride,Moshe tried to apologize in the best way possible.
"It was only an opinion your highness. I didn't mean to sound disrespectful. I... I'm sorry. I missed the part where you said if he acts up." Angora excused, wanting more than anything else to have that awful fungus removed. Even if Shade wasn't treated with the same courtesy, he was still powerful enough to hold on his own, and she would be more useful to him with magic.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1703 Posted: 13:07:59 20/09/2018
The king paused. Then, he whispered something at Sere, who whispered back, and the king returned his gaze to Angora, seemingly mollified.. "I will be merciful this once," he declared. "I will forget about what you have just said. Let that be the last time such a thing happens again, whether it be with me or my men. Again, the cure will be given to you a few hours before every fight, and the fungus will be reapplied afterwards. Any further disrespectful behavior, towards myself or my men, will result in us withholding the antifungal. Now, are there any questions you two have about the terms of your imprisonment?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1704 Posted: 13:13:15 20/09/2018
Angora breathed in a sigh of relief, glad that she was able to convince him to with old his original decision, but it was clear that Sere had much to do with it. She hated the fact that it would be reapplied to her after each battle, but worse was nothing. She intended to remain quiet for the rest of the day, but since the king asked if she had any more questions, she took advantage of the moment.
"Just one actually... will I fight alongside Shade?" she asked, knowing they had a better chance if they worked as a team. If Shade could win the crowd and thus his freedom, she was going to help him do it. It didn't matter anymore what happened to her. They were already destined to fight in the arena. Now it was all a matter of saving themselves from being pinned against a behemoth... if such a thing was possible...
---
#1705 Posted: 15:32:06 20/09/2018
"Together? Most definitely not," Seraos said firmly. "Taluris made his last stand alone - that is what makes it legendary. Your dragon will fight many enemies, and he will do so without leaving the ground or using any sort of magic. As for you... I will let the men running the arena determine your fate," the king said. Taluris was very much a respected figure, the capital being partially named after him. There would likely be little to no budging on the issue.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1706 Posted: 15:42:21 20/09/2018
Angora gave the king a very poisonous look, wanting nothing more than rip his head off for being such an evil, unjust child, but she desisted, knowing that it won't do anyone any good. It was practically over for her. Thanks to her false confession, the city wanted her dead. Shade will fight for his freedom, and she trusted he will win the crowd and avoid the behemoths, but she couldn't say the same about herself. She just remained there motionless and giving another glare to Sere. Even if what he said earlier was true, it would mean that she would've roamed free while he was still imprisoned, and even so, she was certain that she would've been detained again at one point. That's all they've been doing. Knowing she couldn't say anything without expressing herself insultingly, she simp,y waited for some guards to drag her away, awaiting an uncertain doom...
---
#1707 Posted: 15:50:37 20/09/2018
After a few moments, it became apparent that there were no more words to be said. "You are all dismissed," the judge announced. Immediately, all but the king and his royal guard, along with Sere, began to leave. As predicted, guards came and restrained Angora, and one guard began carrying her like a log.
They left the same way they came - through a tunnel network, with a behemoth waiting - a behemoth they soon mounted. The behemoth began its heavy, lumbering movements.
Meanwhile, around the city, bounty posters of Maverick were being stamped to indicate their voiding - the posters themselves were due to be removed later. At Shade's enclosure, the mage left, and a behemoth returned, closing up the enclosure completely once again.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1708 Posted: 15:56:32 20/09/2018
Even though Angora tried to hide it, the sight of the behemoth terrified her, especially after her nightmare and the fact that she still had the infectious, magic draining fungus still spreading around her body. If only people could've seen through her lie. If only they knew how gentle Shade really was, and that he never meant any harm on anybody, and neither did she. But Aelinon always made sure they had their way. Enemies, and those whom they believed were, always get the hard end of the deal. And in the arena, no matter who wins or lose, it was always a win-win for Aelinonians and behemoths alike.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8593
#1709 Posted: 17:07:05 20/09/2018
Meanwhile...

Quote: A Guy
Latnok, not feeling like making conversation, introduced himself immediately. "Hello. I'm Latnok of the Ardent Guardians. Those with me are headed with us on an expedition to Falcon's Beak. Currently looking for some capable seamen. Oh, and hit me and my buddies here with drinks you think will impress us." As he spoke, Latnok withdrew a job notice he had written up, using the same wording as Sere's, looking for a place to post it.

"Falcon's Beak you say? Dangerous trip and not many have been known to come back-- many rows have sailed those seas and many rows have been lost if you catch my drift. But.. but I'm sure you and your crewmates will be just fine. And.. and if you're looking for seamen, you've come to the right place my friends! Go ahead and take a seat and I'll have something right up for you.," Captain Morrigan said taking a mental note that Latnok wasn't here for pleasure and that two of the 'crewmates' were dragons. The smaller one looked seaworthy, while he was curious as to how a fur dragon would fare on the seas. The last fur dragon he had seen had been spotted near a volcano and that was a very different environment compared to rough tides of the sea. However, he didn't question the how/why of it all-- or even the collar and the sparkling gem that decorated it while also matching the armor of Latnok.

Next to the heavy double doors, a job notice board could be seen as well as an large empty table off to one of the corners. Once the notice was posted and the group was seated, four dark looking Rums were brought out and placed in front of each member. Latnok and Risar both received normal sized "cups" in the forms of open jars, while Raclaw and Icestorm received larger sized jars containing the same amount of the dark but sweet smelling Rum. A group of four or five patrons could be seen talking among themselves a couple tables away, perhaps thinking about joining up. Some other patrons appeared to be doing the same and each patron, for the most part, looked at least somewhat seaworthy. "This is Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum-- our specially. If you need anything else, just let us know.," the male server quickly said before departing to serve another table.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:03:55 20/09/2018 by redwes
#1710 Posted: 18:13:11 20/09/2018
"Wonderful. Thank you," Latnok said, as he immediately took a sip of the rum. A solid combination of sweet and bitter - he would be sure to savor it.
Latnok had barely begun enjoying his drink, however, when another figure soon burst through the door - a merman, wearing what looked like some kind of mail with the scales of some sea creature or other, with a pike, made of phoenix steel, on his back.. Obviously having exerted himself, his exhaustion was evident.
"Falcon's... Beak... Is... the group going... here?" he panted out.
"Why, yes, that would be us," Latnok said. "Now, take a few breaths and speak."
The merman did so, and managed to get out his next speech without interruptions. "Thank the gods... it took forever to find you! I've heard about you through word of mouth. I just so happen to have some... Uh, to be interested in joining such a crew."
"Well, that would explain why you were hurrying to track us down," Latnok said. "But that armor... does it float?"
"Oh, yes, it does," the merman said. "It weighs next to nothing in the water. So... what sort of crew do you have so far?"
"Well, I'm Latnok, a member of the Ardent Guardians," Latnok said. "Here with me are Raclaw, the fur dragon, Risar, the minotaur, Icestorm, the other dragon, and Chester, the dog. Not here with us right now, but also in the crew, is Godfather Sere, leader of the Ardent Guardians."
"Nice to meet you all. My name is Leoquin," the merman said. Latnok gave the other members a chance to introduce themselves if they so wished.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1711 Posted: 18:36:48 20/09/2018
"Raclaw. Nice to meet you.," the fur dragon said with a polite nod and a smile. He had tried a sip of the sweet smelling rum and found it to be a very pleasant taste, with some of his chin hair becoming slightly wet. "Risar. Same.," the minotaur said using simple words but relaying the same message. Chester briefly jumped on top of Raclaw's head and gave a couple happy barks. "Chester here says he is happy to meet you-- long story.," Raclaw said with a slight laugh knowing that Leoquin would have questions later. As he spoke, the candle light gleamed off the table and reflected off the single green gem that adorned his collar. He didn't seem to mind Chester using him as a giant step ladder, having adapted to the little Beagle's presence and vice versa.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:40:25 20/09/2018 by redwes
#1712 Posted: 20:05:38 20/09/2018
While Latnok and his current team had plenty of fun, it was an entirely different scenario for Angora and Shade. The dragolet had been once again locked up, while the troll was being transported who knows where. She didn't know if she would go to another cell or go immediately to the arena. While the behemoth slowly walked to her mysterious destination, Angora was thinking about so many things. First of all, she wondered if Sere was telling her the truth about her freedom, and if he was feeling the least bit of remorse for letting her get on with such a horrible and futile lie. Aelinon would seek their idea of justice. Since Shade was the one who pulled the action and Angora was supposedly the one who orchestrated it, the chances of them winning the crowd were very low. The little troll even thought of escaping, but knew that it would simply make Shade suffer even more and her being hunted down. She would always regret the day she decided to go to the stupid Redwater in the first place. If only she had learned not to trust Shade's powers. If only she had gone the other way when the kind captain and his team cured them. Her decisions... they all lead to disaster. And what was worse of all, if Shade was certain there was a mage behind that last power surge, this individual would still be roaming free while she and the dragolet paid the ultimate prize.
---
#1713 Posted: 20:31:23 20/09/2018
As Angora was brought down throughout the tunnel network, many galuds could be seen, though not as many as there was at night. Every so often, the behemoth would raise and slam its forelegs, and some earth would shift to reveal another tunnel. After some time, the sound of wood making contact with other objects could be heard - combatants training.
The chamber had many soldiers, and the prisoners were practicing their combat against each other, preparing for their chance in the arena. "This is your stop," the officer leading the behemoth said. "Welcome to your new home. You will, for the most part, be training for the arena, building up your strength with physical labor for Aelinon, or fighting and dying." The guards unloaded Angora from the behemoth, removing her restraints. "The first armory is down through the path at the opposite end of this chamber, fourth opening on the left. Get training weapons."

Leoquin looked in some amazement at the odd assortment of individuals. There were many questions he wanted to ask; however, he had other concerns at the moment. "So when do we set off?" he asked.
"Well, we no doubt have a mess of things to sort out ever since the dragon attack," Latnok said. "We won't be leaving for at least a few days, though I appreciate your enthusiasm."
Leoquin gave a dejected look, but wasn't deterred. "Well, I guess I can stick around for now, then."
"Good," Latnok said. "I will make a prototype contract based on your skillset. Godfather Sere will settle the details. The same will apply for anyone else interested." Latnok waited patiently, interested in any other potential crewmen.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1714 Posted: 20:46:12 20/09/2018
Maverick was left wondering what were the fox thinking. Why couldn't they stay with the kind elf doctor as instructed? Their stubbornness reminded him so much of Angora. How much he missed her. But knew that she won't be set free unless he could do something about it. Unaware of her and Shade's brutal verdict and the fact that he was no longer a wanted man, Maverick continued his secrecy, having cried all he needed and gotten over Sere's denial to help. Whatever respect he had left for the Ardent Guardians vanished. He didn't want anything to do with them. His only friends at the moment were Orion and the foxes.
"Orion, por favor, just show me the way. Where is this mage that made Oscurito go all crazy? I don't have magic, but maybe there's a way to stop him? I need help quickly before Dex and Sapphire return. I don't want them involved." Maverick begged the Galaxy dragon, ready to set off to find the one responsible and leave the foxes behind before they realized he had left.

As Angora was brought down throughout the tunnel network, many galuds could be seen, though not as many as there was at night. Every so often, the behemoth would raise and slam its forelegs, and some earth would shift to reveal another tunnel. After some time, the sound of wood making contact with other objects could be heard - combatants training.
The chamber had many soldiers, and the prisoners were practicing their combat against each other, preparing for their chance in the arena. "This is your stop," the officer leading the behemoth said. "Welcome to your new home. You will, for the most part, be training for the arena, building up your strength with physical labor for Aelinon, or fighting and dying." The guards unloaded Angora from the behemoth, removing her restraints. "The first armory is down through the path at the opposite end of this chamber, fourth opening on the left. Get training weapons.".

As she was with the rest of the trip, Angora said nothing, and could only see with pity and disgust. So many prisoners, all simple cattle and means for entertainment, fighting for what they believed would be their freedom. Angora still doubted that was true, but even if it was, many of them would still fall, and the behemoths will be the one that would benefit. It explained why the Aelinonian soldier's wyverns were so small and skinny. Most of the resources were left to the big brutes. Just how many of the mountain sized creatures were? And how many casualties there had to be every day in order to keep them fed? It explained why there was so little fauna around the city. Angora dreaded to think about it, so doing as instructed, she went to the armory and got her armor and training weapon, determined to get to work. After all, what else could be done?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:50:35 20/09/2018 by Felines
#1715 Posted: 21:01:11 20/09/2018
The armory attendant, an older, battle-scarred galud, had to tiptoe to see Angora over the counter. He grabbed a wooden sword, spear, axe, and shield - all appropiately sized and dropped them to Angora. "New one, I see. Goblins - not common, but we see them sometimes. Good luck - you'll need it."
Back at the chambers, prisoners would speak amongst themselves and sometimes outright laugh at her.
"THAT thing is fighting?"
"No, you idiot, it's obviously just an appetizer. See the fungus?"
"Give it a break. Such a bleak environment here, maybe they figure we could use a laugh every now and then."
"Maybe it's one of those mimic things. Looks unassuming, then reveals itself and eat you."
"Sure sucks at being a mimic, you're supposed to look like something appealing and approachable, not like zombified behemoth manure."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1716 Posted: 21:06:15 20/09/2018
Leoquin looked in some amazement at the odd assortment of individuals. There were many questions he wanted to ask; however, he had other concerns at the moment. "So when do we set off?" he asked.
"Well, we no doubt have a mess of things to sort out ever since the dragon attack," Latnok said. "We won't be leaving for at least a few days, though I appreciate your enthusiasm."
Leoquin gave a dejected look, but wasn't deterred. "Well, I guess I can stick around for now, then."
"Good," Latnok said. "I will make a prototype contract based on your skillset. Godfather Sere will settle the details. The same will apply for anyone else interested." Latnok waited patiently, interested in any other potential crewmen.

"We're glad to have you along.," Raclaw said with a gentle smile. Chester dropped down from on top of Raclaw and resumed his usual place laying down next to Raclaw. As the group drank and discussed anything of interest-- the same group of patrons as before continued to discuss something among themselves before getting up and approaching the table. A couple more patrons joined behind them forming a small line of seven individuals that were presumably there for the job. The first patron introduced himself and explained how he and his drinking buddies were once merchant sellors before settling in Redwater. He quickly explained their skill sets and introduced four of the other patrons, one who hiccuped from drinking too much at one time. Behind the small drinking group, two more eager patrons awaited their turn and explained themselves-- wanting a break from the senile drinking scene and willing to risk themselves for adventure. Each of the seven individuals were all male and a couple even seemed like they were a little more than just drinking buddies. Regardless, they all seemed seaworthy enough and were at least eager for the job.
---
#1717 Posted: 21:16:47 20/09/2018
The armory attendant, an older, battle-scarred galud, had to tiptoe to see Angora over the counter. He grabbed a wooden sword, spear, axe, and shield - all appropiately sized and dropped them to Angora. "New one, I see. Goblins - not common, but we see them sometimes. Good luck - you'll need it."
Back at the chambers, prisoners would speak amongst themselves and sometimes outright laugh at her.
"THAT thing is fighting?"
"No, you idiot, it's obviously just an appetizer. See the fungus?"
"Give it a break. Such a bleak environment here, maybe they figure we could use a laugh every now and then."
"Maybe it's one of those mimic things. Looks unassuming, then reveals itself and eat you."
"Sure sucks at being a mimic, you're supposed to look like something appealing and approachable, not like zombified behemoth manure."

Angora completely ignored the offensively misplaced comments of her fellow prisoners. She is used to being ridiculed and mocked, and Latnok and the rest of the Aelinonians simply enforced her resistance. She didn't know what they meant about a mimic, and she didn't care. If everyone confused her for a goblin, it would be better for her. They weren't very good fighters, and if that was the case, it would make her opponents underestimate her. As Angora continued to deaf herself from the harsh comments and tried to forget the ever spreading fungus, she went to look for somebody that would be willing to spar with her. Surely in this smelly rathole, there had to be someone decent enough to treat her with respect, maybe even someone wrongfully imprisoned like she was...
---
#1718 Posted: 21:55:11 20/09/2018
As Latnok became more familiar with the bar, he was starting to realize that it was one of those kinds of places. Nevertheless, there were many sailors to be had here, so it was worth the trip. "Well, I realize that some of you men probably quite enjoy your time in this bar," Latnok said to the new recruits. "Just meet us at the Easy Eyrie tonight - new inn, by the docks, somewhat east of here. There, Godfather Sere will ratify your contracts."
"Not me," Leoquin said. "I'll follow along with you guys for a bit, if you don't mind. See who else we're getting, you know."
"Very well, suit yourself," Latnok said. "Though I can't guarantee it'll be entertaining. At least not until we have a few more drinks in us. Another round, please, and get these guys in it too!" he called out to Morrigan.

In one corner of the chamber, a galud prisoner - younger than the one at the armory but old nonetheless, and just as scarred - sat, taking air strokes. In the corner of his eye, he noted Angora - completely unoccupied. "Hey, you," he called out. "Come here. We'll train. You train or you die."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1719 Posted: 22:12:31 20/09/2018
Angora remained silence when she was transported by the guards, but this was a new world. Entirely different circumstances.
"Is that a threat?" she asked with sass to the old galud, not knowing if he meant he would kill her if she didn't spar with him or that the lack of training would kill her more quickly. Whatever he meant, it didn't matter. At least she finally found a sparring partner.
"Besides, I'm going to die soon anyway,mbut I sure as hell won't go down easily. Those people want a spectacle? I'll give them one!" Angora said determinedly, ready to fight with the old galud and get ready for the arena. Even though the king himself said they would remove the fungus before each battle, she didn't trust them, so Angora figured she had to tone up her muscles and well as her agility and not depend too much on magic...
---
#1720 Posted: 22:18:06 20/09/2018
The galud grinned widely. "Good, that's the spirit! A newcomer with fight - put on a show for them, yes! Because that, my friend, is the secret to surviving here - putting on a show. The more the crowd likes you, the less likely you are to be thrown in as random fodder in some battle.
"Myself? I have survived many battles. I have honed my skills to allow me to not only survive, but to defeat my opponents in style - mocking them, showing off where I can. The crowd knows my name. They love me. And next battle... next battle, I'll be free. You know what someone who gets free after surviving for as long as I have in the arena, and building up the name I have, can do? I will be richer than most people in this country. Enough of that, though - you have the right spirit! Now come! What weapon do you want to train with today?" he asked politely. He seemed more interested in helping Angora than actually training himself - he was confident in his abilities, and knew it was only a matter of time before his freedom.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1721 Posted: 22:26:35 20/09/2018
Angora chose a curved sword as her main weapon, being more easily manageable than straight ones. Having made her decision, she started her training.
"So, how long have you been there?" Angora asked, wanting to have an idea on how long would she have to be kept a prisoner in order to win her freedom, or at least tried to.
---
#1722 Posted: 22:32:20 20/09/2018
"Oh, two, three years, maybe," the galud said nonchalantly, as he chose a spear to use to train with Angora. "You are short - take advantage of that. Many taller foes will naturally be protecting their upper body - not as used to defending lower. Of course, be careful. Some beasts in the arena will be able to just trample you. Now, when facing an opponent with a spear - you want to wait for your opportunity to close. You see, from here, I can keep poking at you and hopping back - but if you were to lunge at me, get close, it would be harder to fight you. Spears are much better at some distance, swords are better up close. Also, how much experience do you have with a sword? Generally, if you're not a trained fighter, it's easier to learn to use an axe or spear or so, especially if your life depends on it."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1723 Posted: 22:32:50 20/09/2018
As Latnok became more familiar with the bar, he was starting to realize that it was one of those kinds of places. Nevertheless, there were many sailors to be had here, so it was worth the trip. "Well, I realize that some of you men probably quite enjoy your time in this bar," Latnok said to the new recruits. "Just meet us at the Easy Eyrie tonight - new inn, by the docks, somewhat east of here. There, Godfather Sere will ratify your contracts."
"Not me," Leoquin said. "I'll follow along with you guys for a bit, if you don't mind. See who else we're getting, you know."
"Very well, suit yourself," Latnok said. "Though I can't guarantee it'll be entertaining. At least not until we have a few more drinks in us. Another round, please, and get these guys in it too!" he called out to Morrigan.

Raclaw happily accepted the second round, quite enjoying the pleasant taste and even more so after several more sips. Perhaps Latnok and now Damon were rubbing off on him more than he had expected, but he could get used to the sustenance. "Not bad-- tasted worse.," Risar said upon tasting the alcohol and having quite the tolerance for it. "Sweet, spicy, nutty.," he described the taste pausing before continuing. "Risar had old master. Master liked seeing Risar fight-- sometime reward. Had collection.," he then said describing a bit of his past and inferring to a collection of alcohol one of his masters and owners once had. Little did he know that a certain patron was still staring at him. His story definitely didn't help. As he drank, some alcohol dripped from what remained of his nose ring and chain. As Raclaw listened, he was glad that Risar had earned his freedom and was here now today.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 23:02:16 20/09/2018 by redwes
#1724 Posted: 22:40:44 20/09/2018
"Oh, two, three years, maybe," the galud said nonchalantly, as he chose a spear to use to train with Angora. "You are short - take advantage of that. Many taller foes will naturally be protecting their upper body - not as used to defending lower. Of course, be careful. Some beasts in the arena will be able to just trample you. Now, when facing an opponent with a spear - you want to wait for your opportunity to close. You see, from here, I can keep poking at you and hopping back - but if you were to lunge at me, get close, it would be harder to fight you. Spears are much better at some distance, swords are better up close. Also, how much experience do you have with a sword? Generally, if you're not a trained fighter, it's easier to learn to use an axe or spear or so, especially if your life depends on it."

"This sword is fine." Angora replied bluntly, being more used to closed combat. Her small size made her opponents underestimate her, not to mention that being so small also made her extremely agile, practically like a gazelle zigzagging to get away from a cheetah.
"And did you say years?" she then asked, when she realized his response. She had been expecting weeks, maybe even months, but years were too much. She wasn't sure if she could take it...
---
#1725 Posted: 23:12:35 20/09/2018
"Yes, of course, years," the galud said. "They won't just let you off easu for whatever crime got you this sentence. Most people don't make it - that's why you have to train. To be the one that does. That's why you have to put on a show - make the crowd want you to survive. Do that, and you may get longer breaks in between fighting to keep you in tip-top shape, more favorable scheduling, that sort of thing. Occasionally you have some big wig watching, and that only does good things for your reputation. Remember - more reputation means more favorable conditions."
"Now, not bad movements... you can't just move and fight if you want to live long, though. That's good for a beginner. You want to put on a show. Do something that amazes the crowd. I can guarantee you, no matter what you are, if you amaze the crowd in the arena, they will cheer for you." The galud, nevertheless, seemed satisfied with how the current training session was going - his freedom would be soon, anyway, so might as well pass something along to the next unlucky sap.

"Well, I don't think we'll have quite the collection of alcohol on board, unfortunately," Latnok said. "Mostly rum. Nevertheless, it should tide most of us over. Well, then, we have to keep moving." Risar was once under some sort of ownership or servitude - he would have to keep that in mind.
After the group had finished their drinks, Latnok went up to the counter, paying the tab. With many of the sailors staying in the bar for now, the only new recruit following them was Leoquin. "Well, that was a pretty good place to find personnel and all, Damon, but... not exactly my kind of atmosphere," Latnok said. "Whatever, it did the job. Let's go somewhere a little more... fun this time. Next place is the Oyster Banquet." The Oyster Banquet was a bit more of a showy place - that did not, however, seem to include the patronage, which remained mostly sailors, though with some mix of high-class people.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8617
#1726 Posted: 23:20:52 20/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade meanwhile paced back and forth in his cell. He was one of the bigger creatures but his size like Angoras wasn’t to be underestimated. His strength and speed were probably one of the faster one there.

Icestorm meanwhile had a few too many drinks and became roughty. “Say who wants a good fight?”
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:27:49 20/09/2018 by Spyroconvexity
#1727 Posted: 23:21:57 20/09/2018
"Yes, of course, years," the galud said. "They won't just let you off easu for whatever crime got you this sentence. Most people don't make it - that's why you have to train. To be the one that does. That's why you have to put on a show - make the crowd want you to survive. Do that, and you may get longer breaks in between fighting to keep you in tip-top shape, more favorable scheduling, that sort of thing. Occasionally you have some big wig watching, and that only does good things for your reputation. Remember - more reputation means more favorable conditions."
"Now, not bad movements... you can't just move and fight if you want to live long, though. That's good for a beginner. You want to put on a show. Do something that amazes the crowd. I can guarantee you, no matter what you are, if you amaze the crowd in the arena, they will cheer for you." The galud, nevertheless, seemed satisfied with how the current training session was going - his freedom would be soon, anyway, so might as well pass something along to the next unlucky sap.

As Angora continued to dodge and deflect the old galud's attacks, listening while he gave his advice. Still, it didn't motivated her too much. She believed her chances of being loved by the crowd were just too low.
"Well, even so, Aelinon has made it clear they hate me. I don't think I have years remaining, for as you can see, my fate is practically sealed by now." Angora said gloomily as she took a step backwards and extended her arms to show him the growing hexphage before continuing the fight. She wanted to have faith that Shade would make it, even without her, but she didn't have too many high hopes for herself.
---
#1728 Posted: 23:35:05 20/09/2018
"Oh, yeah, about that - that usually means that you're behemoth food," the galud said. "Unless they cure it before the fight. Typically, they can either include hexphage traces in your food, or apply it to you directly. The first suppresses your magic but goes away after a few days - the latter doesn't go away until it's cured. You might get cured... or you might have just pissed off the wrong guy and might not get cured. Good luck." The galud resumed his attacks - somewhat restrained, against a newcomer, but quick nonetheless.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1729 Posted: 23:36:23 20/09/2018
"Well, I don't think we'll have quite the collection of alcohol on board, unfortunately," Latnok said. "Mostly rum. Nevertheless, it should tide most of us over. Well, then, we have to keep moving." Risar was once under some sort of ownership or servitude - he would have to keep that in mind.
After the group had finished their drinks, Latnok went up to the counter, paying the tab. With many of the sailors staying in the bar for now, the only new recruit following them was Leoquin. "Well, that was a pretty good place to find personnel and all, Damon, but... not exactly my kind of atmosphere," Latnok said. "Whatever, it did the job. Let's go somewhere a little more... fun this time. Next place is the Oyster Banquet." The Oyster Banquet was a bit more of a showy place - that did not, however, seem to include the patronage, which remained mostly sailors, though with some mix of high-class people.
Quote: Spyroconvexity
Icestorm meanwhile had a few too many drinks and became roughty. “Say who wants a good fight?”

"Well-- don't say I didn't warn you. Let's just say that I was very careful about who I bet with after that night. There are some things you can never unsee.," Damon could be heard saying over the links. The entity didn't go into detail on what he had saw that night, but it was obvious the place had made him equally uncomfortable. Fortunately for Raclaw in this case, the fur dragon (and host of Damon) didn't have direct access to Damon's memories and would never have to experience whatever the once alive entity had seen. "Let's.. let's try to make it to the next bar first, alright?," Raclaw said keeping an eye on Icestorm and making sure the drunk dragon didn't fall over. "Risar heavyweight-- rarely get drunk.," the formerly owned minotour commented watching the two. Minotaurs had quite the stomach and he had practically been trained to hold his liquor.
---
#1730 Posted: 23:43:56 20/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade had meanwhile had been sharping his claws on the rocks and walls. Due to him not being a normal dragon his claws grew back really fast.

”I am unable to locate this mage. But Sapphire May know sene she has been with that Blue dragon the longest.” Orion said.

“Aw! Come on! I’m feeling for a fight!” Icestorm said.
---
SC
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:45:20 20/09/2018 by Spyroconvexity
#1731 Posted: 23:48:25 20/09/2018
”I am unable to locate this mage. But Sapphire May know sene she has been with that Blue dragon the longest.” Orion said.

"Aww seriously? I have to search for her? I told you I don't want to involve her." Maverick said, wondering if there was another way. He would feel too guilty if something happened to her and Dex.

"Oh, yeah, about that - that usually means that you're behemoth food," the galud said. "Unless they cure it before the fight. Typically, they can either include hexphage traces in your food, or apply it to you directly. The first suppresses your magic but goes away after a few days - the latter doesn't go away until it's cured. You might get cured... or you might have just pissed off the wrong guy and might not get cured. Good luck." The galud resumed his attacks - somewhat restrained, against a newcomer, but quick nonetheless.

Angora continued with the training, though more frustrated than before.
"Well if that's the truth, then what's the point? The king said I can have the hexphage removed before each battle, but he will also let the guards do whatever they please with me. What if they never remove it? What if I'm destined to face one of those beasts? I've heard from another prisoner that those things have never lost a battle..." Angora said discouragely, believing that the guards were already premeditating her defeat. She was sadly slowly coming to accept the possibility that she was destined to be devoured by one of these monsters, and that her fights in the arena were simply to entertain the crowd...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:50:38 20/09/2018 by Felines
#1732 Posted: 23:54:46 20/09/2018 | Topic Creator
”I’m afraid so. This magic he used is different from what I’ve seen before.” Orion said.

Meanwhile shade was nervous about when his first fight would happen. He didn’t like to fight but would if he had to.
---
SC
#1733 Posted: 00:02:33 21/09/2018
”I’m afraid so. This magic he used is different from what I’ve seen before.” Orion said.

Maverick was reclutant, but he knew he couldn't afford the luxury of doubt.
"Ugh, fine then. I'll let them help me. But... when we finally face that mage, how will be protected from it's magic? None of us have it." Maverick explained, not knowing that he already had a little something protecting him from negative magic. As he waited, he mounted the dirt buffalo again, heading to where Sapphire left, which was to his annoyance back in Redwater. Still, he needed to go there anyway. He was thirsty, and maybe he would be able to find something that would help him battle a mage if it should ever come to that. He had many things in his bag, nut none of it magical as far as he knew.
---
#1734 Posted: 00:08:46 21/09/2018
"I'm not even going to entertain that idea," Latnok said. "Keep walking. You're cut off for the rest of the day." The group continued to move through the streets, no one in Redwater seemingly caring about how motley the crew so far was. Latnok just wanted to get to a more... suitable bar environment, after his last experience.

"If you face one of those beasts, well, you're SOL," the galud said. "Your best bet, like I said, is to become a crowd favorite, so you don't face one of those beasts. Now, are you at a disadvantage? Yes, you are. But it shouldn't be anything you can't overcome with enough hard work and dedication."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1735 Posted: 00:16:01 21/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“You still have that shield right?” Orion said.

“Aww! You guys are no fun!” Icestorm said slightly stumbling into a guard.
---
SC
#1736 Posted: 00:19:15 21/09/2018
"Watch where you're going," the guard said sternly, as he shoved Icestorm back.
"Icestorm. Be careful," Latnok said. "Are you going to become a problem for us? Are we going to have to cut you from the crew?" The last thing Latnok wanted was someone else he had to babysit - he had enough of that to deal with back when he had Angora and Shade to take care of.
"Wow... that guy seems to have gotten way too into it," Leoquin said. "Take it easy. Don't want to get any more guards angry."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:24:47 21/09/2018 by A Guy
#1737 Posted: 00:19:55 21/09/2018
"If you face one of those beasts, well, you're SOL," the galud said. "Your best bet, like I said, is to become a crowd favorite, so you don't face one of those beasts. Now, are you at a disadvantage? Yes, you are. But it shouldn't be anything you can't overcome with enough hard work and dedication."

Angora wasn't very enthusiastic about the idea, especially now that she knew she could remain as long as years here.
"Well, I don't think I have a high chance of surviving, but that still won't stop me from trying. I've been surviving all my life, and this occasion won't be different." Angora commented to the galud, rather depressed and broken, but if she was to die, she wanted to do so by fighting for her life, not just lie down and practically wait for someone to get her out of her misery. Despite feeling quite despaired, she still had her pride, and if she had a chance of winning the crowd, even if it was an exaggeratedly low possibility, it would be worth the try. She survived Darkmatter, many predators and muggers, even her own parents. This was just another life trial, one that she was willing to endure as best as she could no matter what it took. She was glad that this galud was kind enough to take interest in her, helping her train and keeping her the company she so desperately needed in such a gloomy time.

“You still have that shield right?” Orion said.

"You mean this one?" Maverick asked, having statched his trademark shield into his bag.
"Yeah, but it's quite ordinary. What about it?" he then asked, wondering why the strange question.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:21:47 21/09/2018 by Felines
#1738 Posted: 00:24:26 21/09/2018
"Icestorm-- do us a favor and come over here.," Raclaw said in a serious tone not wanting to draw any unwanted attention towards the growing group. He barked something to Chester and two went on the opposite sides of the smaller dragon. With Raclaw on one side and Chester on the other, the two would help support the now very much drunk Icestorm. The red dragon looked like a child next to Raclaw and was barely two feet taller than the little Chester.
---
#1739 Posted: 00:25:40 21/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Sorry. I get a little too happy when I drink.” Icestorm said.

“Put that amulet on it.” Orion said
---
SC
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:34:50 21/09/2018 by Spyroconvexity
#1740 Posted: 00:33:44 21/09/2018
"We can tell.," Raclaw simply said slowing down his pace slightly to keep the more than tipsy Icestorm up. Raclaw was at least trying to moderate himself, knowing that he had never drank before and he was probably a lightweight himself. Chester struggled to push Icestorm back when he almost stumbled into something. "If only we had another room to drop him off at-- and let him sleep this away.," Raclaw said via telepathy to Latnok.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:34:52 21/09/2018 by redwes
#1741 Posted: 00:36:09 21/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Don’t worry my body has a height metabolism so I should be sober in an hour or so.” Icestorm said.
---
SC
#1742 Posted: 00:36:19 21/09/2018
“That shield has magic property it can defend you against magic.”

"This shield? Are we talking about the same shield?" Maverick exclaimed, not understanding anything.
"I have used this shield for years now, and nothing ever struck me as magical." the young man explained, though hoping it was true and that he simply didn't noticed before. It could help help him so much in the future. After he gets Sapphire, the next step was to find this mage, bring him to justice and clear Shade's name.
---
#1743 Posted: 00:43:10 21/09/2018 | Topic Creator
”that amulet you have has channeled its magic to it.”
---
SC
#1744 Posted: 00:43:14 21/09/2018
The galud smiled once again. "That's the spirit... not much spirit, but you'll need all you can get. Now, let me teach you some of my tricks of the trade..." Back to training the two would go, until it was time to eat, then time to assist with mining some new tunnels.

"If he proves to be too much of a liability, we're abandoning him," Latnok telepathed back to Raclaw. "Enjoying a drink is one thing, but having way too much and being uncontrollable is something else entirely."
As Latnok spoke, the group approached a tavern with windows made out of stained glass. On the top was a sculpture of a mermaid lying in an oyster, holding a pearl in one arm, and holding the other one out while singing. "OYSTER BANQUET" could be seen engraved in the stone.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:45:23 21/09/2018 by A Guy
#1745 Posted: 00:46:19 21/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“I think I’ll just take some water.” Icestorm said. He stumbled into Raclaw a little.
---
SC
#1746 Posted: 00:51:17 21/09/2018
The galud smiled once again. "That's the spirit... not much spirit, but you'll need all you can get. Now, let me teach you some of my tricks of the trade..." Back to training the two would go, until it was time to eat, then time to assist with mining some new tunnels.

Angora smiled at the irony of it all.
"Heh, typical they would treat prisoners as slave as well." Angora commented once she was given the tools, starting to mine along with the others. How predictable it was that they would exploit their prisoners into doing manual work for them and use them to expand their resources and buildings before they died in the arena.

”that amulet you have has channeled its magic to it.”

"Amulet? You mean my mother's amulet?" Maverick said with a slight chuckle.
"Come on. Next thing you'll tell me it's magical too." he said in denial, never having seen his amulet in action. Maverick never knew how special his amulet actually was, and how it saved his life from tons of black magic and curses aimed at him in order to hurt his father.
---
#1747 Posted: 00:56:04 21/09/2018
"Agreed-- the last thing we need is more attention. I'll keep an eye on him.," Raclaw telecommunicated to Latnok sticking close to the small dragon. "High metabolism or not, you have to be careful. Now come on-- we're almost here.," he said out loud as they approached the elegant looking tavern. He made a mental note to be careful with how he betted, not wanting to repeat the same mistake that Damon had made. Those were memories he was glad not to have access to. Chester stayed on the other side of Icestorm as they entered-- continually supporting him alongside Raclaw.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:57:51 21/09/2018 by redwes
#1748 Posted: 01:04:37 21/09/2018
As the group entered the tavern, many decorations themed around the sea could be seen - most either high up on the ceiling or made of some very solid material, to prevent drunken patrons from destroying them. The place was lit by many shining crystals embedded in the ceiling, likely enchanted in some way. There was a waterway within (with a bridge above and barricades to the sides) to allow mermen another option of traversing the tavern. The bar had a good mix of patrons from all kinds of species, though mermen were more present than they had been in other bars. The atmosphere was slightly calmer than it had been in other bars - just slightly, though. There was still no shortage of rowdy patrons. Most noticeably, the patronage was less compromised of men than it was at the Salty Sailor.

As Latnok approached the counter, he was greeted appropriately. "Welcome to the Oyster Banquet!" a mermaid greeted. "What can I get for you?"
"I'll try some sweet wine you may have, and some shrimp. You can see what the others want."
"Okay... got it! Who else is going to order?"

"What's the matter?" one prisoner asked Angora. "A little work too much for you? The least we can do after the problems we've caused society is help it how we can. Besides, it's strength training - you don't want to be the weakest one in the arena, I can promise you that." It would seem that the vast majority of the prisoners - at least the veteran prisoners - had just accepted their condition.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:09:52 21/09/2018 by A Guy
#1749 Posted: 01:14:17 21/09/2018
"Work wasn't even the issue!" Angora answered roughly to the prisoner, as she started digging and tunneling away. She was a troll, a small one, but her physical strength was still quite extraordinary. She was so frustrated with everything. A prisoner, a slave, and possibly a meal in waiting. Her situation couldn't get any more dire and humiliating. She was helping to expand Aelinon, a society she hated so much, who brought many injustice and misery to her and no doubt many other souls. But once again, all she could do now was endure the labor, develop her muscles, improve her agility and most of all, listen to the wise suggestions of her temporary sparring partner...
---
#1750 Posted: 01:29:16 21/09/2018
As the group entered the tavern, many decorations themed around the sea could be seen - most either high up on the ceiling or made of some very solid material, to prevent drunken patrons from destroying them. The place was lit by many shining crystals embedded in the ceiling, likely enchanted in some way. There was a waterway within (with a bridge above and barricades to the sides) to allow mermen another option of traversing the tavern. The bar had a good mix of patrons from all kinds of species, though mermen were more present than they had been in other bars. The atmosphere was slightly calmer than it had been in other bars - just slightly, though. There was still no shortage of rowdy patrons. Most noticeably, the patronage was less compromised of men than it was at the Salty Sailor.

As Latnok approached the counter, he was greeted appropriately. "Welcome to the Oyster Banquet!" a mermaid greeted. "What can I get for you?"
"I'll try some sweet wine you may have, and some shrimp. You can see what the others want."
"Okay... got it! Who else is going to order?"

"I'll try the same.," Raclaw said with a nod before glancing down at Chester who offered a quiet bark. "And if you don't mind-- I would like a second serving and some water for Chester here.," he then said knowing that was probably an unusual request. He looked towards Icestorm and Risar, who looked very out of place in the Oyster Banquet. "No alcohol.," he telecommunicated to Icestorm. "Shrimp, Sweet Wine.," Risar said when it was his turn to order.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:29:47 21/09/2018 by redwes
First | Previous | Page 35 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me