Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 33 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Dark Times (open) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1601 Posted: 05:27:00 17/09/2018
"I understand that much..." Ilasi said. "However, these are some nasty, vicious people... they certainly weren't expecting to be treated kindly after what they have done. No doubt we have failed a few times... but the people here, for the most part, have earned their fate. Regardless, they are still horrible to work with. I'm considering taking Latnok up on his offer - he said that they were looking for some crewmates for a journey to Falcon's Beak. A very dangerous place, but it would pay well, and I would no doubt get a lot of experience. Who knows, we might even find something very nice there. From what I know, he and the leader of the Guardians are staying at the docks. I might head over there some time when I'm less busy and see what the deal is."
The water at Angora's feet calmed down. It returned to its normal consistency, and was somewhat warmer and much clearer than before. Ilasi looked around furtively, before reaching into a sack she had, pulling out an apple. "Here... eat the whole thing, including the core, quickly, before she comes back."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1602 Posted: 05:55:21 17/09/2018
"This..." Angora stammered, wanting to reply about Latnok's offer until Ilasi took her by surprise. Obeying immediately, especially due to being hungry, Angora ate the whole thing in a couple of bites, leaving nothing behind to avoid evidence.
"Thank you..." she said meekly to the mermaid, touched by her generosity and kind heart. It was no wonder she and Maverick hit it off so well. Despite wanting her to stay and talk more, the troll knew that with her task completed, she would have to leave soon, so she gloomily went to a corner of her cell, taking advantage of the clean water to hydrate herself. An apple wasn't much, but it at least killed most of the hunger. Even if it was little, Angora had recovered some of the hope she had lost. If Ilasi told her the truth, then the king would know the injustice that was committed and he may go easier on her... but she was still too worried about Shade. One way or another, she had to convince him that the death and destruction in Redwater was nothing more than a provoked accident. She knew the risk she would take if she tried to blame the soldiers for the destruction, especially since it would make the king's military look bad, so she had to choose her words carefully. She doubted she would be able to get Shade off the hook completely, but if she could at least convince him not to send him to the arena, but even more so save him from becoming behemoth food, then her attempts would be more than worth it.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1603 Posted: 15:14:27 17/09/2018
"I will be back in the morning, most likely," Ilasi said. "Now, I have to attend to the other cells." With her job done, she had to move on; there was still much to do. Despite that, her thoughts remained on the whole situation; not only was Angora here, but Maverick was a wanted man, and would likely be unable to come anywhere near his companions without being captured or killed. If only there were some way she could help...

Some men came back to Shade, carrying a giant bowl filled with water, and set it down. "WE ARE DONE HERE," the behemoth bellowed. He and the men began to move out. Before leaving, the behemoth raised its forelegs and slammed them on the ground; the earth in Shade's room rose, leaving him isolated, with nothing but darkness and the bowl of water left for him.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1604 Posted: 15:30:27 17/09/2018
Maverick wasn't far behind Raclaw, hoping the fur dragon didn't notice him until he could go to Sere. He was certain time was running out for his friends, and he wanted to know when the court will take place, or in the worse case scenario, when will their fight in the arena take place.

Quote: A Guy
"I will be back in the morning, most likely," Ilasi said. "Now, I have to attend to the other cells." With her job done, she had to move on; there was still much to do. Despite that, her thoughts remained on the whole situation; not only was Angora here, but Maverick was a wanted man, and would likely be unable to come anywhere near his companions without being captured or killed. If only there were some way she could help...

"Morning?" Angora whispered, not certain if she could tolerate so many hours of this intense agony. She was going to ask Ilasi for how long she was going to be kept there, but she already left. When she asked the other mermaid when will her trial be, she didn't give a specific answer. The troll could remain here for hours, maybe even days, and didn't know. She knew that these moments in captivity were going to drive her crazy. Not knowing when her trial will be, or even their fate. Shade was probably alone, trapped in a very remote part of these carverns, enduring the same agony as her. But as she thought about him, she likewise thought about Maverick. Was he able to escale that treacherous, hypnotic fox? Better yet, has he evaded Blue. Angora was terrified to think that he could encounter that water dragon again and have the risk of dyin or once again enslaved by him. He had no more castle, but perhaps that wasn't coins to stop him. Where was her dear friend? It was torture for poor Angora not to know the answer...
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#1605 Posted: 20:34:09 17/09/2018
Meanwhile on the streets of Redwater...

"You can trust me," Latnok said. "Now if that thug who thinks he's sneaky could stop following us, I would appreciate that."
Quote: Felines
Maverick followed Raclaw quietly, pretending to be just another human passing by. As he saw the destruction, he knew it was going to be harder for Shade to be forgiven this time. Last time's offense was very minor, but this involved plenty of death. It was going to be a major challenge proving him innocent, but that wasn't going to stop Maverick from trying. Of course, he intended to do so from behind the scenes and with some help, which is why he was trying trying so desperately to reach for Sere.

As Latnok called out the sneaky individual and he seemingly just kept following, presumily to appear to inconspicuous, Raclaw opened up his senses-- and scanned the aoras and surface thoughts of all those nearby. To the immediate left and right of him were Sere, Latnok, and the little Chester. The Guardians were thinking about Shade and the damage he had caused, both to the city to the organization's reputation. Chester, meanwhile, saw the death and was thinking about how how one of his former owners was doing-- specifically the much kinder gentler wife. The little Chester would show up as a much smaller silhouette right next to or appearing attached to that of Raclaw's silhouette depending on how close the Beagle mix stuck to him at any particular moment. Occasional talking could be heard from the group as well as the occasion barking-- with someone or something responding in return.

Beyond that of his very familiar companions and the even more familiar Latnok-- there was still the small crowd roaming the streets with many Aelinonian citizens thinking of the destruction and the current status of their loved ones. Some were heading to for from a hospital while others didn't know where their loved ones were, with at least half a dozen civilians considered missing or presumed dead. Beyond those worried but unfamiliar auras, however, he soon spotted another aura. This aura was different and seemed to be coming from whoever was following them. His or her surface thoughts soon came to him. 'Raclaw... Shade... Wanted... Disguise...,' the surface thoughts read without reading too far into them. The aura soon became very familiar-- Mav?

He knew that he had to careful and that Maverick was now a wanted man. And so, rather than immediately publicly call him out-- he opted to privately contact him via telepathy. "Mav? ..Maverick? Is that you? We know you are following us, although the others aren't yet aware of who you are. You know-- you really shouldn't be here right now.," he telecommunication to the presumed disguised hybrid sparing any details until he got a proper response and knew that the hybrid was capable. Even if Maverick couldn't directly access any form of telepathy-- Raclaw could read his thoughts and they could still communicate that way. And if, for whatever reason, this wasn't Maverick-- he didn't want to give too much away.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#1606 Posted: 20:53:07 17/09/2018
Maverick was startled when Raclaw recognized him. The fur dragon was good, but he didn't know if he would betray him to the authorities if he thought it was the right thing to do. Remembering Raclaw could read minds as well, he began speaking from it.
"You... you recognize me? Por favor Racly, don't say anything! They will catch me on the spot if they know who I am. Just hear me out. I arrived just a few hours ago and I know everything. There is no way Shade would do something like this! If he did, I just know it wasn't on purpose. He was either set up or provoked into doing so. Shade has lost control before, but never to this level of destruction! You have to believe me! I need help in rescuing him and Angorita! But I can't do it alone! Please, tell Sere! I don't know who else to trust." Maverick begged on the verge of tears, knowing the awful risk he was taking, especially since he believed that Latnok was the most likely to turn him in. If Raclaw or one of the Guardians gave away his identity, there would be no one else left to help his family. Maverick knew from the galud he met that Angora and Shade were captured, and were probably locked up in another cell at this very moment. And if he got captured as well, he knew he risked a death sentence from Shade's actions...

At Angora's cell, the little troll was frantically pacing around, desperate to know when her trial will begin. It could be as soon as tomorrow to even a few days, maybe even weeks if the king was going to be present. After all, he was an important figure with a busy schedule. The wait was just plain torture for her. She didn't know if there was a chance where she could win her and Shade's freedom, or if they were destined to fight in that arena and sacrificed to the behemoth regardless on whether they win or lose. Thinking of Maverick was also painful. Even if he managed to escape Blue, Aelinonian soldiers would still be searching for him, and since Aelinon was a really big place that continued growing, he could accidentally find himself in that place. Even if he wasn't killed on the spot, there was still the high chance that he would be punished for Shade's action, maybe go as far as to sentence him to same fate that was planned for her and Shade...
---
#1607 Posted: 21:21:20 17/09/2018
As Maverick quickly responded to the telepathic communication, it was clear that the wanted hybrid was very worried about being found out. It was also clear that he (and presumily Angora) blamed the Aelinonians for Shade's actions and although he didn't doubt that it was an accident-- he doubted that Shade had been provoked into causing the destruction that had taken many lives that day. "Very well, although I can't guarantee that you'll get the response you'll looking for. Now that lives have been taken including those of children, they are starting to lose hope in Shade's ability to keep his powers contained. Many won't look kindly on his actions today and though I'm certain it wasn't on purpose, this won't be something that the city will soon forget.," Raclaw said relaying the grim news and sharing a bit of the Guardians' thoughts on the matter. From what he read of the civilians' surface thoughts, it was clear that this was something Redwater would remember for a long long time-- for better or for worse.

"Godfather Sere--," Raclaw directed his telepathy at the desired companion. "I know who is following us and you won't like this, it's Maverick. He claims that Shade wouldn't do something like this on purpose and he was possibly provoked or set-up. He wants help in rescuing Shade and wishes to speak to you. He has no-one else-- and doesn't know who else to trust. I've told him that I would relay his message to you, although I've offered no guarantee that we would help or that he would get the response he desired.," he telecommunicated to the Godfather almost relaying the hybrid's message word-to-word and acting as the messenger. He didn't know if Sere would help or not, but doubted it and wouldn't be entirely surprised if the Guardian head immediately turned around and alerted the authorities of the hybrid's whereabouts. It was certainly a risk on Mav's part and he appreciated just far he was willing to go for both Angora and the much more destructive Shade.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:25:09 17/09/2018 by redwes
#1608 Posted: 21:48:38 17/09/2018
Sere was less than enthused to hear about Maverick returning to Aelinon - just one more thing to have to worry about. "Tell him that we are not going to do anything to help Shade," Sere telepathed. "I do not believe for a moment that Shade was provoked, at least not initially or unjustly - the Aelinonian military is highly disciplined, and will not just attack something because it is unusual. Even if he was, that will never be acceptable in court - should a criminal be forgiven for murder because he found guards threatening? No, we are going to be condemning this event and leaving Shade to his fate. So many innocent lives are not worth one creature, especially one who chooses to come to a highly populated area knowing the risk he poses to others. If Shade, by some miracle, gets off with less than the arena or straight execution, then he will be lucky. If not, then, sorry to say, it may be for the better." Sere subconsciously picked up his walking pace, wanting nothing to do with the situation.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1609 Posted: 21:59:13 17/09/2018
With Raclaw's rather spaced out daze, Maverick knew it must meant he was communicating with Sere at that time. This was it. Sere could either comply to his demands or call the authorities immediately. If it was the latter, then Maverick knew his only chance would blow out to his face. If the Aelinonians captured him, then there would be no hope left. He would be sent away, and probably excecuted afterwards for a crime he didn't commit, along with his family. This was really his only chance.

In the underwater cell, Angora tried to retain her sanity. She had thought so much about Shade and Maverick, and prayed they would be alright. But after so much praying and thinking, her thoughts soon went to the behemoth that transported her there. They were smart enough to use telepathy, but even with their intelligence, they still let certain humans mount them despite seeing them as prey too. So why did their stood so low? It was after some brainstorming that Angora was finally understanding why the behemoth that spoke to her thought the way he did. It was practically the same case as Veris. Since Aelinonians provided for them and helped them in ways they couldn't handle themselves, they didn't care about control, or even dignity. If their anatomy really made it impossible to take down airborn foes like dragons and Aelinonians helped them, it was no wonder they formed this symbiosis. If that was the case, then there would be no reasoning with the behemoths. They liked their current ways of life, and if the Aelinonians provided them with extra resources, especially food, then there was no need for them to rebel against them. It really was hopeless to reason with the giant beasts. They and the Aelinonians helped each other, compensated each other's flaws. It was no wonder they were so overconfident in their power.
---
#1610 Posted: 22:19:52 17/09/2018
As expected, Godfather Sere no longer had any remorse for the dark dragolet and had all but given up on Shade. Both he and Latnok's minds had long been made up on Shade.. and Maverick was fortunate that the Guardian's grim response was the only response he was getting. "Very well-- I'll tell him.," Raclaw briefly responded to Sere before reluctantly turning his attention back towards Maverick. He subconsciously picked up his walking pace as well, matching the pace of his fellow companions. "Maverick-- I'm sorry but I can't give you te response you're after. Godfather Sere wishes to have to nothing to do with the growing situation and will not do anything to help Shade. He does not believe for a moment that Shade was intentionally provoked and that the Aelinonian military would attack something merely because it is unusual. He also believes that someone shouldn't cause loss of life merely because he found the guards threatening and that such a statement would never be acceptable in court. I'm truly sorry, but the Guardians are condemning the event and do not believe that one creature is worth so many innocent lives. He recognizes that Shade doesn't have control over his powers, but also recognizes that he chose to come to a highly populated area knowing the risk he posed to others. He-- he believes that Shade may be for the better with whatever decision the courts impose on him. I'm sorry Maverick, I know this isn't what you wanted to hear and I wish you the best of luck. For what it's worth, I do hope that Shade is given a chance and he may one day be able to control his powers.," Raclaw telecommunicated to the hybrid and former companion.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:23:09 17/09/2018 by redwes
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8600
#1611 Posted: 22:41:28 17/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade meanwhile paced back and forth. His eyes allowed him to see in the dark. He too wondered when his trial would come.
---
SC
#1612 Posted: 22:57:29 17/09/2018
When Maverick heard his response, his demeanor, and even his very skin color changed almost completely. He would expect a reaction like that from Latnok, but never from the honorable Sere. The poor hybrid looked like a completely different man. When he finally had a chance to response, it was obvious even from his mind words just how broken he was.
"So is that really it? He won't do anything? None of you will do anything? Is this the gratitude we get for Angora saving your lives from that thing? Are you going to let the Aelinonians treat us like this now? This... Latnok denied me his help back in the other city. And now Sere will too? Is that what the Guardians are all about? I thought the world meant to help and protect people, but if I got the wrong word, then what's the use? You won't help me or my family? Then... then fine then! Just get on with your pleasant and comfortable little lives! Let Sere keep his high position! I will somehow save my family, and if I get captured and excecuted, then who cares? At least I'll be happy with them in the afterlife and I won't have to see any of you ever again! What's the point of living in this unfair, evil world where everyone is against you? My mother was wrong about me! I wasn't born to make the world a better place! I'm just another stupid human being! I'm not good to anybody! But one way or another, I will try to help my family, and if I don't succeed, then at least I know our deaths will finally bring us peace! Just... just... goodbye! Tell Sere and Latnok they won't have to worry about us anymore! I'm leaving! To hell if I get captured! What's the point of anything?" Maverick commented to Raclaw in his mind, his eyes red from holding on the tears. Even his throat seemed like it was dented from holding his sorrow back.

Having expressed himself, Maverick turned to leave, disappointed and miserable beyond words. He was even expecting Aelinonian authorities to gang up on him any second now with Latnok and Sere's alert, but even if that didn't happened, it wouldn't matter anymore. Sere has been his only chance, and just like with Latnok, help has been rejected to him. How he overestimated their hearts! Maverick had nobody now. His family was imprisoned, and nobody wanted to help him. He was completely alone. He went to get help, and once again, it was denied. To think he once admired the Guardians. Why was life being so cruel to him? Was it because he was a pirate before? Was there really no second chance to him or his family? A stab in the heart right now would hurt less than this rejection. As he mounted the dirt buffalo, his throat felt like it was being squeezed by big pliers. Never in his life has he felt more hopeless, more despaired like right now. His optimism and happiness has been drained off him. If his mother was alive, he knew she was going to be so disappointed in him. Was this life's way to make him pay for his previous crimes?He really tried to turn over a new leaf, but in the end, it really has been all for nothing, and Maverick thought that thanks to him, two more individuals were suffering...
---
#1613 Posted: 23:43:13 17/09/2018 | Topic Creator
”Maverick you remember Blue talking about a leader before he took Shade? Perhaps this leader did something to Shade to make him act out?” Orion’s voice said to him telepathically.
---
SC
#1614 Posted: 23:49:41 17/09/2018
As Meverick 'spoke'-- Raclaw could feel just how broken his former companion had become. He honestly couldn't blame him, as knew or at least suspected just how much the hybrid had lost. Even before the whole incident with Shade and the incident that followed shortly after, he had lost family and had been forced to do things he otherwise wouldn't have done. And now he was a wanted man with both Angora and Shade (whom he considered his new family) imprisoned. And even if he invaded capture; he would have to watch as they were forced to fight in the arene or worse. He felt for Maverick and wished that there was something he could do, but unfortunately he saw no such options. For better or for worse, Mav was on his own and it would be up him alone to help the others. "Very well-- good bye Mav and I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.," Raclaw telepathically said to Maverick sounding somewhat defeated. He looked at Sere and gave a nod, indicating he had done it. "You won't have to worry about him-- he's leaving although I don't know what he plans to do. He's hurt and he feels alone, but that is to be expected. Let's just hope that he doesn't do anything rash.," he telecommunicated to Sere.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:50:41 17/09/2018 by redwes
#1615 Posted: 00:17:43 18/09/2018
Meanwhile in her cell, Angora couldn't do nothing but pace and think. Like in the first cell, she couldn't see the outside world, so there was no way she could tell the time. As she looked around the cell, she really started to miss the second one back in the castle. Even though it had been another prison, at least the guards tried to make her stay as pleasant as possible. In here, there was nothing but water, and she was treated as nothing but a criminal and a wild animal awaiting death. As she sat gloomily, she could see the hexphage spreading around her body, slowly draining her magic and making her more appetizing to those humongous monsters. If they were sentenced to the arena, there was no point in trying to win. Even if they were victorious, the only prize would be for the behemoths. They could even pin her and Shade against the very one that brought them here, and Angora was certain that her earlier opinion didn't matter to him. She knew with quite certainly that the behemoth would simply devour them both without mercy, and afterwards he and everyone else would just get on with their lives as if they never even existed and continued to bring others to the same fate and the Aelinonians went along on with their wars as the behemoths proceeded to benefit themselves from the fatalities and enjoy their current way of life.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
”Maverick you remember Blue talking about a leader before he took Shade? Perhaps this leader did something to Shade to make him act out?” Orion’s voice said to him telepathically.

Maverick hold off the tears, knowing that him riding a dirt buffalo would cause some attention no matter how conspicuous he tried to be. He completely ignored Raclaw's apparent concern, believing that if somebody wanted to help, they would simply do so. He thought of him a liar for saying he wished there was something he could do. So leaving and hoping he would never have to see the ungrateful trio again, Maverick left the city in a hurry, not even saying goodbye to the galud that greeted him earlier. Once he finally left, he discharged all the tears, feeling like a useless, poor excuse for a man. Even the dirt buffalo was starting to feel bad for him, and just when Maverick thought there was nothing he could do, he heard the voice of the Galaxy Dragon himself.
"You? I know that voice. You are, that white dragon. O... Orion? Is that really you? I... I don't understand. A leader? What do you mean, act out?" Maverick asked, so depressed that he couldn't think straight. However, hearing the celestial dragon speak to him seemed to have cheered him up a little bit. Perhaps... perhaps he wasn't so alone after all.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:22:36 18/09/2018 by Felines
#1616 Posted: 00:18:10 18/09/2018
Sere did not have much to respond with - he spent some time, rather, thinking about Maverick's predicament. Though he pitied Maverick, he could not empathize with the man. Shade had killed many, and destroyed much - what was one life against many? Short of intervention from King Seraos, Aelinon was not likely to let him survive, and he could not blame that decision one bit. "I just hope Maverick does not do anything he will regret," Sere telepathed. "He has been roaming the land alone for a while, from what I know - there shouldn't be anything stopping him from doing so again, bar Aelinon gaining control of the entire continent."
"Seems that whoever it was stopped following us," Latnok noted. "Dunno what they were after - if they wanted an autograph, I would've been glad to give it to them," he added with a chuckle.
"It was Maverick," Sere telepathed to Latnok. "He requested our help in assisting Shade, but I refused him."
Latnok nodded. There was nothing more to be said - it was not something that could be done.

Meanwhile, near Angora's cell, one human prisoner had been overheard talking about his disdain for one of the guards to a nearby cellmate - it just so happened that the sentries were within earshot, just out of sight. Slithering to their cells, the sentries approached threateningly and began opening them.
"So you want to start problems, do ya pal?" one of the mermen asked rhetorically.
"N-no! We were, were just kidding! Just kidding!" one of the prisoners said.
"Oh, just kidding, were ya? That's fine - just fine. We got lotsa fun 'n games for you at the pool."
"Th-the pool?! No, please... no! I'll go the whole day without food! PLEASE! NO!" the other prisoner begged.
As the prisoners were dragged out of their cells, they kicked, screamed, begged, and pleaded to be let go. Their sounds eventually became lower and lower until they were out of earshot.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1617 Posted: 00:33:43 18/09/2018
Meanwhile, near Angora's cell, one human prisoner had been overheard talking about his disdain for one of the guards to a nearby cellmate - it just so happened that the sentries were within earshot, just out of sight. Slithering to their cells, the sentries approached threateningly and began opening them.
"So you want to start problems, do ya pal?" one of the mermen asked rhetorically.
"N-no! We were, were just kidding! Just kidding!" one of the prisoners said.
"Oh, just kidding, were ya? That's fine - just fine. We got lotsa fun 'n games for you at the pool."
"Th-the pool?! No, please... no! I'll go the whole day without food! PLEASE! NO!" the other prisoner begged.
As the prisoners were dragged out of their cells, they kicked, screamed, begged, and pleaded to be let go. Their sounds eventually became lower and lower until they were out of earshot.

Angora's silence was finally broken when she heard the commotion, followed by the ear piercing yell of a couple of begging man. Just what was so horrible about this pool? She knew for a fact that it wasn't the kind she was thinking of, so looking through her bars, she asked one of the nearest inmates about the commotion.
"You there! What was that all about? What is this pool they kept talking about?" Angora asked, somewhat glad that at least she wasn't alone in her predicament. Even if the other prisoners deserved to be punished, the way the Aelinonians did it was just too inhuman.
---
#1618 Posted: 00:40:11 18/09/2018
The prisoner, a galud, looked at Angora blankly. "The pool... they take you... and force you underwater... so much pressure, crushing you... you can't breathe... but they pull you out and pump you before you pass out... and they do this again... and again.. and again... you don't want to be there. Whatever you do, you do not want to be there..." Merely talking about the pool made the galud tremble in fear - he was clearly very traumatized from his experience. He went back to staring into the nothingness.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1619 Posted: 00:49:23 18/09/2018
Just as Angora suspected. It just had to be some form of torture. Making sure there were no guards or sentries around, she spoke again.
"Why are these Aelinonians such cruel monsters? What made them this way? When did it all started? You can't even express yourself? Can't they at least give us liberty of expression before our deaths?" Angora commented, each time wondering herself how could such a horrible society exist. They were so egocentric, you couldn't even express yourself about them without receiving some form of brutal punishment. Even Angora herself was sentenced to the behemoths just for expressing herself to the mage. It wasn't even for trying to escape, which made it more sadder, more terrifying, and more unfair.
---
#1620 Posted: 01:30:21 18/09/2018 | Topic Creator
”I mean his actions are not his own. Perhaps he was being controlled. You seen the black aura around him right? That could be a sign that he’s being controlled. Normally his aura is blue or red but it was an unnatural black.” Orion said.
---
SC
#1621 Posted: 01:44:21 18/09/2018
"You mean... he was used to cause that destruction?" Maverick asked with a lot of shock. He never payed much attention to Shade's aura in these situations, but now he realized how important it was. After finally assimilating what Orion told him, Maverick spoke again.

"Wait... if that's the case, then this changes everything! Why, I knew Oscurito wasn't capable of something this horrible! This... this is great news! But how? How can I find the real culprit? And how can I face this character and convince Aelinon of my family's innocence? Won't you help me? I have nobody else!" Maverick begged, his hopes slowly returning to him. However, if Orion was truly the one and only Galaxy dragon, then why was he allowing all these terrible things to happen? Was this a test? Or was it simply something he couldn't interfere with? After all, even gods must've had their limitations, didn't they? It didn't matter to Maverick. What was important is that there was at least one individual helping him, and a powerful one at that. He didn't need those ungrateful Guardians or even that false fur dragon. He finally had someone on his side and that was more than enough for him.
---
#1622 Posted: 01:57:39 18/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“I’m afraid they won’t listen to me.” Orion said.
---
SC
#1623 Posted: 02:07:02 18/09/2018
The galud began answering Angora, though he did not look at her as he spoke. "Oh, it's not normally this bad... normally, in the normal prison, they just don't care... but those of us 'noncomps', we're the worst of the worst. Those of us here, we... we're horrible people... we deserve it..." His tone didn't sound fully confident as he spoke those words; more as if he just accepted them. "We are not worthy of the same rights as other sapients... I have killed some. Now, I await my time... it's not as bad once you get to the arena. They have to at least keep you in fighting shape there... but they won't let you anywhere near a weapon... not until you prove you can be compliant."

The others finally reached the Easy Eyrie. As they entered, the innkeeper greeted them. "Welcome back to the Easy Eyrie, gentlemen! Will it be the same as before?"
"Yes, please," Sere said. "I will be covering the costs, as usual."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1624 Posted: 02:20:22 18/09/2018
Angora listened with much pity as the galud explained his side. Whatever was done to him, it was evident that these sadistic guards had taken even his will to live. Even if someone was a murderer, the punishments and torture the Aelinonians implanted to them was just too cruel, especially if it meant satisfying their own twisted idea of entertainment.
"Are you... are you all going to fight in the arena as well?" Angora asked, though she believed she already knew the answer to that. These prisoners were so glum, so down, that she doubted they would be much of a challenge in the arena if they sentenced her and Shade there.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
“I’m afraid they won’t listen to me.” Orion said.

Maverick lowered his head rather gloomily, but now that Maverick was on his side, he wasn't going to let the situation best him down again. If the Aelinonians won't listen to word, then evidence was their only chance.
"So, they won't listen to a powerful deity like you. Man are they proud!" Maverick commented annoyingly, realizing just like Angora before him just how egocentric and power hungry the Aelinonians were if they were even willing to go against gods.
"Well then, the next step is to find the real culprit. Find the fiend who used our poor Oscurito as a weapon for mass destruction. Do you know who it is? Can you point me to the one responsible?" Maverick asked, believing Orion knew their identity if he knew there was a mastermind behind Shade's attack.
---
#1625 Posted: 02:36:23 18/09/2018
As Raclaw and the others entered Easy Eyrie, the fur dragon was glad to see that the newly built inn had survived-- and that their cozy beds awaited them. However, he couldn't entirely get the previous 'conversation' with Maverick out of his head. Could he have done more to help Maverick in his quest to save Shade? Could he have said more? He knew there was very little he could do on a legal basis and that the Guardians had officially condemned Shade's actions. However, he had considered Shade a friend and Maverick at the least an good ally at one time. Lives had been lost and Shade's fate was all but sealed, but was that enough justification for merely leaving them to their fate?

'At least there's the arena and there he may have a chance.,' Raclaw thought to himself as he tried to shake the feeling off. So long as he still had the link and Shade was eventually allowed use of his magic, he would at least know that the dark dragolet was still alive. Chester gave a happy bark as they entered the undamaged lobby, but looked at Raclaw sensing that something was up with his new favorite fur dragon. "What's wrong?," he barked in a somewhat concerned tone. "It's-- it's nothing. Come on, let's go in.," Raclaw responded in dogspeak with a faint smile looking at Chester.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:40:05 18/09/2018 by redwes
#1626 Posted: 02:52:27 18/09/2018
"We'll be in the arena... as soon as we are compliant," the galud said. "As soon as we show... that we will not disobey. THen we can have weapons... then we can fight. Until then... we are here... waiting. Some fear death... they try to stay here as long as they can. Try to resist, so they are kept alive another day. I... I must fight. Whether it be to earn freedom... or to die... I have to fight. I cannot be here." The galud sounded slightly more determined with his last statement - though he just wanted to be done with his current situation, regardless of what ending he received as a result.

The lobby of the inn had quite a few people more than it typically did - no doubt some of the people were looking for temporary lodging after losing their homes. "So, if I'm correct, you're going to try to speak to the relevant government officials about the incident?" Latnok asked.
"Yes," Sere confirmed.
"And you want me to handle recruitment tomorrow?"
"Yes."
"Okay... I guess we'll make it work."
"Try to help out where you can in the city tomorrow, wheneer you have a free moment," Sere said. "We certainly will need any sort of good will we can get."
Without much else to do, the group ordered their dinner - the same meal they had yesterday - and waited.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1627 Posted: 02:58:42 18/09/2018
"We'll be in the arena... as soon as we are compliant," the galud said. "As soon as we show... that we will not disobey. THen we can have weapons... then we can fight. Until then... we are here... waiting. Some fear death... they try to stay here as long as they can. Try to resist, so they are kept alive another day. I... I must fight. Whether it be to earn freedom... or to die... I have to fight. I cannot be here." The galud sounded slightly more determined with his last statement - though he just wanted to be done with his current situation, regardless of what ending he received as a result.

Angora understood his position. She didn't know for how long this galud criminal has been here, but it was too obvious that he reached a point where he didn't cared what happened to him, as long as this torture was over. The troll was getting sleepy, but first, she wanted to ask one last question.
"So, if you win in the arena, will that earn you your freedom?" she asked, wondering how much of that was true. From her position, she couldn't see if the galud also had the ugly fungus, so she wanted to know if they believed that, and if the condiment was only reserved for a selected few. Not that it mattered. Those who fell in the arena were still food for the behemoths, so one way or another, they won.
---
#1628 Posted: 03:18:06 18/09/2018
"Winning in the arena... winning once usually means you just live another day," the galud said. "Live long enough, or become popular enough, and you can be pardoned. The greater your crimes, the more fighting it takes to be pardoned... and if they dislike you enough, they will throw you and many others against a behemoth. Those things... they have never lost in the arena. Fighting them is a clear sign that you are expected to die. Unfortunately for you... they usually put hexphage on those who will fight them, just because the behemoths like it.
"Sometimes, they throw you in a fight you're clearly expected to lose... but they will stop the fight before you're fatally wounded. When this happens... you're probably going to go free - provided you fought your hardest and didn't just give up. So if you're in the arena... you have to keep fighting. No matter the odds. You will be free if you fight long and hard enough..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1629 Posted: 03:59:24 18/09/2018
Angora didn't responded to the galud. Even though she hoped she could save Shade and herself from the arena like last time, the fact that they had hexphage on them meant there was a high chance they were destined to fight a behemoth. After the death and destruction Shade caused, and given the fact the was a troll, it was quite unlikely they would become popular. And even if they were up against a behemoth and gave it all they got, who would dare deny them food? The hexphage continued spreading like a virus, becoming even more apparent by the second that it was their destiny to become the humongous monster's supper.

Having enough answers, Angora went to a corner of her cell to rest, needing to sleep sitting down since the water prevented her from breathing when lying down. She knew it was going to be a long, painful night, but she needed the rest if she wanted her strength and her mind active. Crying herself to sleep, Angora remained motionless, her subconsciousness preventing her from lying down and make the water in her nostrils wake her up. But as she slept, she suddenly encountered a manticore... the same one that almost devoured her years ago. But this time, it didn't attacked, and instead suddenly grew in size. It continued to do so until it transformed into a humongous behemoth, the same one that transported her and Shade there. Then all of the sudden, the giant beast brought his fist down to her, and completely crushed Angora's legs, rendering them useless. Then, he pointed to a dazed and chained up Shade, almost completely covered in hexphage, in which then the sadistic beast then proceeded to pick him up chains and all while Angora screamed at him to fight back, but it was useless. The humongous animal brought the helpless dragolet into it's mouth, crunching him alive while Angora could do nothing but watch in horror. As soon as the evil beast swallowed it's prey, he proceeded to pick up the much smaller and motionless Angora, giving her a slasher smile as he delighted in her terror.
"Your turn." the sadistic behemoth said, as he lead the tiny troll into his open jaws. He didn't care if she was much smaller than his usual prey. She was still food, and with Angora unable to do anything, he finally brought her into his mouth, chewing the helpless troll slowly so she could see the last of the outside world, and to add to his sadism, he didn't even killed her. He chewed softly and just long enough to have Angora within an inch of her life, and when he finally had enough of the taste, he swallowed her too, wanting to prolong the little troll's agony. She could hear the crowd cheering. The nasty dragolet and the troll were finally no more, and the behemoth was well fed while the troll travelled to her final doom, seeing along the way the remains of her friend...

Before reaching the stomach, Angora woke up, screaming on top of her lungs! But after she realized it was just a horrible nightmare, she covered her mouth. She didn't want to wake up her inmates, but at the same time didn't want to alert any of the guards. She didn't want to upset them (since practically everything did), but she also didn't want them to know how afraid she was. How much agony she was really enduring. The last thing she needed was these bunch of Aelinonian bullies mocking making fun of her misfortune and misery.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:03:32 18/09/2018 by Felines
#1630 Posted: 04:59:14 18/09/2018
Sere slept dreamlessly - he needed to focus his sleeping that night, as too many thoughts were racing through his mind. Latnok was uneasy, but managed to sleep relatively peacefully. As the moon moved throughout the night, not much sound could be heard outside.
This changed in the morning, as Sere woke up to the sound of a huge commotion going on outside. The uproar seemed to move inside, before dying down. Sere began putting on his armor, as he did every day. As soon as he was done, however, there was a firm knock on the door. "I'll be right there," Sere said. Probably Latnok getting up early and wondering what he was doing.
Sere opened the door - and the sight was definitely not what he was expecting. King Seraos himself, in less conspicuous clothing. Despite his youth - he was younger than Maverick - his countenance was nonetheless intimidating, no doubt due to a conscious effort to make it so. "King Seraos - welcome..." Sere said.
"Thank you," the king said. "I wish to speak with you in private - my royal guard is currently at the lobby."
"Please, have a seat," Sere said, indicating one of them, as he sat opposed. "You move pretty fast. How'd you find me?"
"I have eyes and ears all over the kingdom," Seraos said. First, I have to say, the conditions which led to the black dragon's actions went completely against what we have suggested. We wanted him to have proper restraints, but the authorities settled for grounding him, which he violated, only to be permitted passage. We do not support this in any way. The actions of everyone involved were indefensible."
"Oh, you don't have to convince me," the king said. "I know how you all operate - you don't just let beasts like that roam free. You like to have control of things like that. And that is exactly what I am here about."
"...pardon?"
"Yes, that creature devastated Redwater, and yes, it is a tragedy... but, as big as Redwater is, I am not the king of one city. I am the king of a nation - a position I was less than prepared for, but one I had to take nonetheless. And even now, my sights are set elsewhere. You see, Aelinon has not survived by only thinking in the moment - we have to be several steps ahead of our enemies, or our potential enemies. And right now, I see the elves, in the Silvianesti. They are building their armies. Training their troops, their beasts. Constructing their golems. That is something we must be prepared for."
"It is highly likely that they are doing so in response to Aelinon's conquest," Sere sad. "When the current conflict is over, you will be right along their border."
"Sure, perhaps that is the likely reason. But what about the unlikely reason? Unlikely still means possible - and I am not willing to risk a nation with a possibility like that. They could be waiting for us to exhaust our troops, spread ourselves thin. They have a very powerful military, perhaps even capable of rivaling ours - I will not take the chance. I have read up on history. The greatest kings Aelinon has had have been prepared for absolutely every possible enemy, and never assumed benign intentions. I am young. I have much to prove. And I intend to be prepared. To that end, I will need as many weapons as possible.
"That creature - Shade, I believe he is called? He has shown his power. And you have shown that you have the tools to control dragons."
"We have attempted to restrain Shade in the past, with varying degrees of success," Sere said. "But if I may, King Seraos - our objective has never been political. Our goal is not to make Aelinon as powerful as possible."
"I am well aware of that," Seraos said. "Think of what this could mean for humanity - do you think those tree huggers care about us? They consider us inferior beings. Do you know how many humans will die if they attack while we are unprepared? Besides, no doubt you will need more research into the appropriate magic - which we will provide some funding for. I just need a weapon that is capable of ruining miles and miles of those elven forests if they even so much as consider coming against us."
Sere had to stop and think. As much as he hated to admit it, more funding was always usable. Regardless of how much the Ardent Guardians could do, there was always more they could do with more funding. "Perhaps we may be able to... come up with something. Perhaps. But what of the people? They will certainly want to see justice done."
"The people? Leave that to me, my friend. There is Talsius Day coming up soon - we will throw Shade in the commemorative event. With the right conditions... he should be able to win the people over. He will, however, need to put up a fight, and I am fully counting on him to do so."
"You're playing a rather dangerous game here, King Seraos," Sere warned.
"Some risks I have to take," Seraos said. "My father was a great man. I had to take this position at least a decade before I was supposed to. I need to make an impression. I will."

Later that morning, the galud across from Angora, though he didn't say anything initially, spoke. "Don't worry, kid... the nightmares... you get used to them. They might not go away... but you learn to live with them. Whatever they do... just go along with it... and you should be moved back to the normal dungeon. I resisted too much. I... have learned not to. Soon... I expect to leave..."
The sounds of guards could be heard - there were some footsteps, however, indicating that there was a non-merman among them. Soon, they arrived at Angora's cell - several merman guards and a galud, Laszur.
"Is this the one?" a merman asked.
"Yes," Laszur said. The merman opened Angora's cell. "Move," Laszur ordered Angora. "You're coming with me."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1631 Posted: 05:19:04 18/09/2018
"Thought of another torture? Have a plan to break me even more? Step on me like a cockroach?" Angora said sourly to the galud officer, with bags under her eyes and bloodshot eyes. It was no mystery that she spent a very lousy night. It was because of Laszur that she and Shade were in this predicament. She then remembered what Ilasi told her yesterday and thought this little expedition had something to do with that. However, she didn't change her demeanor as to not to cast suspicions, and followed the high ranked galud out of the cell, pretending to know nothing...
---
#1632 Posted: 05:33:30 18/09/2018
"Shut up before I let the mermen play the games they want to play with you," Laszur threatened. "Keep moving."
"Don't forget the restraints," a guard said.
"I will not need them," Laszur said. The guard nodded.
Laszur took Angora out of that wing of the dungeons. As they were moving through the tunnels leading to the other part, he spoke. "Major Cailun - the mage you dealt with - had you thrown in with the noncomps illegally. You will be moving to the other portion of the dungeon, as you have not shown to be sufficiently noncompliant.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1633 Posted: 05:45:41 18/09/2018
Angora seemed confused. She knew Laszur was the one who expressed discomfort with the mage's actions, yet she couldn't explain why he of all people would care. She had thought he wanted to see her suffering, yet the mage's abuse seems to anger him even more.
"Soooo... now what? Are you just, throwing me into another prison? What's in it for you to accuse the mage? And why does it matter to you? Don't you want to see me suffering?" Angora asked in a calm tone, leaving behind the rebelliousness she had ever since arriving there. She acted as someone who simply had questions, nothing else. Despite being without restrains, Angora didn't tried to escape, wanting to demonstrate she somewhat appreciated this little break...
---
#1634 Posted: 06:01:37 18/09/2018
"I do not care whether or not you suffer," Laszur said, blankly and matter-of-factly. "My job is to see to the enforcement of Aelinon's will and laws. The law has a clear stance on the matter of your imprisonment; it was not obeyed. Therefore, I am correcting that problem, by bringing you where you should have been. As I witnessed Major Cailun violate our law, I am duty-bound to take the appropriate action. Our law applies to everyone; you should not be spared justice, regardless of your position. Abusing his position in such a manner warrants a death sentence; I intend to see it granted to him." The tunnels continued to wind on and on - there were a few torches here or there, but otherwise limited light.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1635 Posted: 06:13:04 18/09/2018
Angora figured as much. She knew it wasn't mere concern the reason why the galud was doing this. He was clearly a righteous and fanatic of the law, wanting to follow it just as it was. Even though the injustice the mage brought to her was finally being recognized, she knew it didn't meant she was out of hot water. However, at least it seemed she was going to be put in a slightly better prison, one that hopefully didn't have any water threatening to drown you or one of those devices that pierced your eardrum with sound. Nevertheless, she needed to know one more thing.
"Then... does that mean I can get a cure for this fungus too?" Angora asked, wanting the infernal infection out of her once and for all. If the fungus' objective had been to drain magic only, it wouldn't have matter much to her, but now that she knew the second and main reason behind it, she wanted it out immediately.
---
#1636 Posted: 06:26:27 18/09/2018
"That will not be happening right now," Laszur said. "As you have shown magic capability, we are required to suppress your magic in some way or another while you are incarcerated. That is up to the prison staff; if you're lucky, you may have someone who is more sympathetic and takes the extra effort to prepare your meals with hexphage seasoning. In that case, you will not need the fungus growing on you. Otherwise, they may leave the fungus as it is."
The two soon reached the entrance to the other wing if the dungeons. Unlike before, the floor was dry, and the cells had beds, albeit crude ones. Laszur handed Angora over to the guards; they seemed to already know the deal. They took Angora to the first available cell they could find, locking it up.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1637 Posted: 06:43:35 18/09/2018
Angora was really angry with the response, frustrated with the fact of what she still had to endure. Neo really did it this time. If only he hasn't showed up and exposed her, nobody would've known she had magic, and maybe they would've taken the hexphage away. Still, she didn't show her disappointment, not wanting Laszur or anyone else misinterpret the action as another act of rebellion, knowing it would just lead her to a punishment. She peacefully entered the other cell, knowing there was nothing else she could do. The first thing she did was try the bed... which was almost as hard as a rock. The floor felt softer than that piece of junk. The ones in Blue's castle were a piece of cloud compare to that one. Still, at least this cell was better than the other one. Best thing was that it lacked water. Her feet were already wrinkled from the mini pool of that floor. If only she could've been transported here as soon as yesterday. Still, she doubted that would've saved her from the horrific nightmare. Recalling it painfully, Angora once again looked at her body with the still growing hexphage, practically seasoning her and making her an even more desirable target for the hungry behemoths with each passing moment. Still, with this little break, she wanted to believe there was still hope for her and even Shade to be saved from the grisly fate. Hope is all she had left. As she contemplated the new environment, the only thought making her happy was that the abusive mage was finally going to get what he deserved. Her only regret was that she wasn't going to be there to witness it.
---
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#1638 Posted: 13:05:48 18/09/2018
Dex and Sapphire had split up. Dex had gone after Raclaw and just before he had gone any further in to the inn small rock flew to his head from outside. Dex wanted to get Raclaws attention, but did not want the whole inn to see him, now he was hoping that Raclaw would start to look who was behind the thrown rock and so would make his way in a position where Dex could talk to him without being seen.

Sapphire was still after Maverick. They had made a plan with Dex to see eachother later. Dex had said to her, that She should not show herself even to Maverick, but seeing Maverick so broken was too much, and She wanted to bring any bit of hope what She could give to him. So She slowly started to walk towards him not even trying to hide anymore, and at the same time thinking what She should say to him.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1639 Posted: 13:55:34 18/09/2018
As Maverick waited for Orion's answer, he saw a shadow behind him. At first he thought it was the dirt buffalo, but the creature was right besides him. He could see the animal was quite restless and uneasy.
"Hey, easy there my friend." Maverick reached out to it and saw the source of the shadow... he gave a very loud gast and almost fell backwards.
"Sapphi... Sapphire... SAPPHIRE! You... just what the heck are you doing here? Is Dex with you? I thought I told you to stay in that town! This place is dangerous!" Maverick scolded, or at least what sounded like a scold. He wasn't very good at it. He had to hold and pat the dirt buffalo as he talked. Despite Sapphire being small, she was still a predator in it's eyes, and being a ruminant, it had many predators, both on land and sky.
---
#1640 Posted: 15:17:06 18/09/2018
In Shade's enclosure, the earth began to rumble, as one of the walls keeping him in moved aside. A behemoth and several men were there - they brought a bowl of water and a bowl of fish. They placed it down in the enclosure, at Shade's feet.
It was also feeding time in the water dungeons. Various sorts of merfolk staff were attending to all kinds of matters involving the prisoners. When it came time to feed Angora, Ilasi appeared at her cell.
"Good morning, Angora," Ilasi greeted. "At least you are here instead of with the noncomps. Here's your food." Ilasi presented a dish with fish and watercress. "I will be bringing you some water soon," she said
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1641 Posted: 15:24:23 18/09/2018
"Noncops? Heh, that's a funny name." Angora commented as she took the dish."
"Thank you Ilasi. At least this cell is slightly better than that underwater tomb. Although I wish they could've taken off this infernal fungus. The less food you bring me, then better. The last thing I need is to be fatten up for those behemoths." she then expressed, really thankful for the food but at the same time irritated that she still had the magic draining infection on her.
---
#1642 Posted: 15:34:27 18/09/2018
"Well... let's hope that it doesn't come to that," Ilasi said. "There is still the upcoming trial. Hopefully, they will let you go when they realize the circumstances behind the event. I would suggest you try to remain as healthy as possible until then; it cannot be helped." Ilasi could only hope that the judge was merciful; in a situation like this, with many deaths, there was bound to be much less leniency in regards to his decision, especially considering the decision the previous judge made right before all of this happened. "When this is all done, if you're set free... what will you do then?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1643 Posted: 15:48:05 18/09/2018
"I can honestly say I don't know. Wherever we go lately, misery seems to follow us. As soon as we left Orcford, we were abducted by this evil water dragon that blackmailed Maverick into doing a task for him, which is why we got separated. Even right now, I don't know where he is." Angora said sadly, still with the torture of not knowing what happened to her beloved friend, and possibly the kindest individual in the world.
---
#1644 Posted: 17:17:37 18/09/2018
"Well, if Maverick is separated from you, I'm certain that he's doing everything in his power to find you," Ilasi said, somewhat less than enthused. "The main concern being, of course, the court order against him. I'd be rather concerned about him trying to enter the country in an effort to find you. There is a bounty on him - if they capture him, he has a chance, but there's a lower price on his head if he's brought back dead. As for you... I don't know what I could recommend. I would try to stick with some group which is less likely to be knocked around by occurrences like that. I know Shade is your friend, but unless you're going to live off in the middle of nowhere, his actions are bound to draw negative attention from anyone close to him. I don't know if he is the best character to be with, even if he doesn't have bad intentions. Now... is there anything else you need?" Ilasi asked. "Besides water, that is - I know you need that. I just wish there were some way I could get you out of here."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1645 Posted: 17:28:50 18/09/2018
"Don't bother. I appreciate the effort, but there's nothing you can do." Angora said, before explaining the rest of her predicament.
"I came to Redwater to find some food and a beast master for Shade precisely to prevent accidents like this and help him have a better life, but I guess it was too late. I hope Maverick hasn't found out about us. I hope he never does, cause I don't want him to do anything stupid to try and rescue us. It won't do any of us good if he gets captured too." Angora expressed, not finding it the least bit surprised that Aelinon was after him too. Such harsh and unreasonable laws. Maverick wasn't even present when Shade attacked and they also want him, knowing he's innocent. Still, she said nothing to Ilasi, knowing she had some respect for her home's laws.
---
#1646 Posted: 17:44:20 18/09/2018
"I don't think it's very likely that Maverick will avoid finding out about what happened," Ilasi said. "Redwater is a very large and very important city - such news about it will spread like wildfire. Even border colonies will be talking about it before long. But... besides that, all we can do is hope. Hold here, I will get you some water." Ilasi left, in a bit of a hurry, wanting to make up for the time she spent talking.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1647 Posted: 17:58:08 18/09/2018
Angora waited for her, feeling rather sorry for taking Ilasi's time, but she was the only one Angora felt comfortable with in this place. When she returned with the water, she wanted to make a final comment and question.
"If there's a change Maverick does something dumb and gets captured, at least I know he will go passively. No need for killing. I think he'll be fine. After all, he has absolutely nothing to do with what happened." Angora assured, knowing how much Ilasi cared for him. Before the mermaid left, she had one last question.

"Just tell me one single thing Ilasi... how's Shade? Have you seen him? Is he alright?" Angora asked worriedly, knowing how deppressed he must be at the moment being locked and chained up yet again.
---
#1648 Posted: 18:37:11 18/09/2018
"Shade..." Ilasi tried for a few moments to recall everything she has heard about the dragon. "I don't know too much about him. From what I have heard, however, he's being kept in solitary confinement, so he can't hurt anyone. The conditions he is under otherwise, I do not know. I wish there was more I could tell you.. I"m sorry." Ilasi stayed there, unmoving, for a few moments, thinking of more she could say about the situation, but not finding anything. "So... is there anything else you need from me right now?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1649 Posted: 18:54:50 18/09/2018
"Don't worry. I know you're doing the best you can. I would've asked you to try to convince the guards to take off this hexphage, but I know they won't listen to you, so don't waste your time. One thing you can do for me though, is tell me when the trial will be. I don't want to be cooped up in here for long." Angora asked, hoping Ilasi knew the date so she would have an idea on how long she would remain in that cell.
---
#1650 Posted: 20:30:16 18/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade didn’t even try to move. He looked away at his meal. He then looked at one of the guards. “When will my trial be? I want to at least see my family.”
---
SC
First | Previous | Page 33 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me