Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
darkSpyro Memories
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#51 Posted: 01:43:41 18/06/2018
Quote: parisruelz12
#ReviveSurvivor2018

Ha! Like I really have the time to do that. XD
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Dark Lord Platinum Sparx Gems: 7365
#52 Posted: 18:21:55 18/06/2018
Well HIR I remember how much work you put into Survivors and I remember joining the last season, at least it was the last season for you, it was really fun.

I still have the PMs for the nights and the one that declared that I was the evil Marx from Kirby.

Huh, thinking about the fun stuff you did, that also reminds me of the "darkSpyro awards" topic, that was a silly and fun experience.
---
Like fallen snow, I lay on the ground and wait for my turn to fade away, no matter how unique I seem. It's my gift to you... A true sacrifice...
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#53 Posted: 21:51:53 18/06/2018
I remember a user named DARK and one named DRAGON and either one or both of them were banned? I can't find either of them on the member list and I don't remember what they did, just that they were maybe kinda weird? Did I hallucinate this?
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#54 Posted: 21:59:29 18/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I remember someone named DARK, but not DRAGON ...
I don't remember what DARK did, but yeah, they got banned for some reason.

OH!! Does anyone remember death horn???
edit: pfft found out what happened to her lol
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:17:28 18/06/2018 by Bolt
#55 Posted: 22:08:35 18/06/2018
I will die if I don't solve this mystery
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#56 Posted: 22:10:00 18/06/2018
DARK and DRAGON were the same user, they got banned for spamming and trolling. they were also SWEET TOOTH and Bromtherider.
uhh here's a sample of DARK's "trolling": https://blackholeswolf.deviant...kSpyro-94436870
https://blackholeswolf.deviant...K-LULZ-96510325
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:15:13 18/06/2018 by Carmelita Fox
#57 Posted: 22:14:59 18/06/2018
Thank you Carm 4 my life
#58 Posted: 12:36:09 19/06/2018
I still remember the flood of younger users going "omg dawn of the dragon is best 100/10" when the game came out... and my absolute crusade against it. >.>
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#59 Posted: 12:52:59 19/06/2018
I remember the sudden outbreak of users with cynder in their usernames after ANB came out.
#60 Posted: 17:00:27 19/06/2018
Quote: HIR
I still remember the flood of younger users going "omg dawn of the dragon is best 100/10" when the game came out... and my absolute crusade against it. >.>

I remember being obnoxiously opposed to the whole LoS reboot just because they made Spyro look different. In my defense, I was 11.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#61 Posted: 17:11:19 19/06/2018
DoTD is horrid.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#62 Posted: 18:04:21 19/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Yeah, everyone at the time loved DotD. Well, there was a clear division between people who loved it, and people who hated it. It's still one of the biggest boards on the site, regarding amount of posts.
It's funny how as a lot of us have grown up we've begun to dislike the game.

Also, I saw someone mention Whitedragon earlier? I still talk to her, actually.
---
I draw stuff.
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#63 Posted: 18:07:08 19/06/2018
i remember defending LoS with my LIFE. if anyone said ANYTHING bad about it or said they preferred classic spyro i hated them immediately
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#64 Posted: 18:13:58 19/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Yeah, pfft, I think I may have been one of those people too. Even though when I first played ANB I hated it because it was so different, and didn't pick it up again until like, a year later.

Geez, what about the ****storm that was 2010 when there were all the rumours about the Spyro movie ... fake poster sightings ... the release date always changing ... until it eventually got outright cancelled because Acti "wanted to take Spyro into a different direction". Then we got the announcement for Skylanders and things just .... broke. I still remember seeing that first screenshot of Skyro for the very first time.
---
I draw stuff.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#65 Posted: 18:58:26 19/06/2018
The whole shipping incident.
"I'M NOT GAY"
two years later
"I lied"
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#66 Posted: 21:26:42 19/06/2018
I remember that I hated gay ships because I was very young and had very religious parents and now I'm very, very bisexual.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#67 Posted: 21:29:08 19/06/2018
I remember being on here when ANB first got announced and hating Spyro's design in it and thinking he looked like an asshole. I still don't like his face
#68 Posted: 05:46:06 20/06/2018
Quote: Big Green
I remember being on here when ANB first got announced and hating Spyro's design in it and thinking he looked like an asshole. I still don't like his face

I hated ANB because I had the GBA version and I had only watched the Console trailers, but I was very eager to believe that the game would be the same across all versions. I got a sidescroller with no voices cutscenes and felt betrayed.
#69 Posted: 06:50:03 20/06/2018
When ANB was first announced and they said it was going to show the origin of Spyro, I thought they meant that it was going to be a prequel to the first game. I got confused as to why he had all those attacks that he didn't have in the first game until someone explained to me that it's a reboot.

I remember posting a rather regretful post saying that people who have only played TLoS and never the classic games are not true Spyro fans. I used to hate TLoS trilogy with a burning passion and I can't believe I used to shame/insult the fans of something I didn't like.
#70 Posted: 08:52:50 20/06/2018
I did the same thing... except I never played a single Playstation game, and my idea of the "orginals" were: get this, the old GBA games. When I said "original series," I had no idea what I was talking about and just though any pre-Legend game was a solid gold classic.
#71 Posted: 10:19:28 20/06/2018
My first reaction to Legend Spyro's design was "Why does he look like a cow?"
Emperor_Mustard Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#72 Posted: 14:36:25 20/06/2018
Quote: Big Green

Relatively recently you pointed out that his face looked like that of a Neanderthal and it made me laugh because it is true.
---
And this battle shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your doom!
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#73 Posted: 18:07:55 20/06/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I remember when I called MugoUrth a furry, and then he threatened me on my Guestbook by saying something along the lines of "If you said that furry comment to my face, you'd be missing a tooth right about now".

Needless to say, I didn't feel threatened at all, but shortly after that incident Dark added "Threatening Behavior" as an option for reporting people. smilie

god i remember MugoUrth
he was... a weirdo
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#74 Posted: 18:30:05 20/06/2018
Quote: Thunderdragon14
i remember defending LoS with my LIFE. if anyone said ANYTHING bad about it or said they preferred classic spyro i hated them immediately

Yep, that was basically me. I defended DOTD and TLOS in general to the point of getting in petty fights defending it. I actually liked classic Spyro too, but at the time I didn't like it as much as TLOS.

Quote: Bolt
Yeah, pfft, I think I may have been one of those people too. Even though when I first played ANB I hated it because it was so different, and didn't pick it up again until like, a year later.

Geez, what about the ****storm that was 2010 when there were all the rumours about the Spyro movie ... fake poster sightings ... the release date always changing ... until it eventually got outright cancelled because Acti "wanted to take Spyro into a different direction". Then we got the announcement for Skylanders and things just .... broke. I still remember seeing that first screenshot of Skyro for the very first time.

Oh yeah, the time before the movie cancellation was fun. I only vaguely remember it though. I just remember that most of us had already figured it was cancelled before Aura reached out to the writers and got confirmation, so never really believed any of the rumors anyway.

I remember the Skylanders announcement and the storm of shock and horror that initially came with it over Spyro's Skylanders design and just the concept in general. Looking at all the angry and hateful "Spyro is dead" comments now is kinda funny.
#75 Posted: 19:05:41 20/06/2018
Tbh, I don't remember seeing as much outcry over the Skylanders announcement on dS as I did on Youtube and social media. For some reason, I only remember those who were either unsure about the game or were willing to give it a chance.
#76 Posted: 20:23:45 20/06/2018
Quote: Vespi
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I remember when I called MugoUrth a furry, and then he threatened me on my Guestbook by saying something along the lines of "If you said that furry comment to my face, you'd be missing a tooth right about now".

Needless to say, I didn't feel threatened at all, but shortly after that incident Dark added "Threatening Behavior" as an option for reporting people. ^^

god i remember MugoUrth
he was... a weirdo

He's on Serebii and makes the exact same obnoxious complaints that he did in every topic he posted in on Video Gaming. :V
---
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#77 Posted: 20:26:28 20/06/2018
I'm sure it was worse on other sites, but I never really looked since I wasn't on social media as much back then. I remember some extreme comments on Youtube, but that's about it. I just looked on the announcement topic on here for Spyro's Adventure recently and saw all the comments about how much people hated Skyro and the toy concept and even a few saying they would prefer Spyro just die, though only a couple people went that far on here. I feel like people on dS did get over it and warm up to Skylanders faster than others did.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me