Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
The Experiment (Reboot)
FuryBeam136 Gold Sparx Gems: 2203
#51 Posted: 12:50:43 21/07/2018
The girl composed herself somewhat, eyeing the people across the lake. The bird lion thing was screeching, and yet she could hear... words? It was upset. She couldn’t grasp why she could understand such harsh cries, but the memory of staring into the dragon’s eyes flashed briefly and she knew, with a sudden certainty, that something more had come of that. Something. She couldn’t remember what. Perhaps understanding the creature across the lake was part of that something. She stared at it, curiosity getting the better of her. She wanted to speak with it. From its irritated shrieks, it didn’t know anything either. But walking around the lake would be so... time consuming. It would be so much easier if she could fly. And an instinct deep within her stirred at the thought, Her body dropping away to scaly claws and wings as she stared in confusion at her reflection. The dragon. It was... her? She was so confused, and she couldn’t recall how she’d transformed. Powerful wings carried her across the lake, where she reverted to herself. What? What had she just done? She stared at her hands. She was... the dragon she’d stared down? This made no sense... she didn’t move, confused and slightly terrified.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#52 Posted: 15:42:31 27/07/2018
I grinned again at Bullet's joke as we walked up the hill side-by-side. Things were going pretty smoothly, and I couldn't be happier about it. It seemed like I was about to get a name, too! "Red?" I kidded back. "What about my black?"
So I was to be named Red. It didn't ring any bells to me, but then again, I wasn't sure if a name was supposed to. Guess we'd have to keep carrying on if we wanted to get any answers!

Before Lux's eyes, the girl transformed into a dragon, and then flew their direction across the lake. A bit stunned, he froze, wondering if they were about to be attacked, but when she reached their side, the dragon reverted back to her human state. "Um...guys?" Lux stammered out. "Am I hallucinating or did that just happen?" The girl seemed as confused as he felt, as she did nothing but stare down at her own hands, ignoring them.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8887
#53 Posted: 22:16:47 27/07/2018 | Topic Creator
"No, I saw it too..." Indigo blinked a few times, trying to figure out exactly how a girl could suddenly transform into a dragon and back. He was tentatively playing with the idea that he was high on something and this was all a bad trip, but if it was, then Lux would've taken whatever it was too. And that seemed unlikely.
After that jolt to his perceptions, Indigo began formulating a nickname for his other friend. He wasn't entirely sure how he reached that conclusion, but he settled on it. "How does the name Apollo sound?" he suggested to the gryphon.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#54 Posted: 22:41:03 27/07/2018
The gryphon gave a confirmative screech, indicating that he was happy with the name. "Apollo... Apollo... very regal sounding. I like the sound of it-- thank-you.," he said pleasantly surprised by the choice and just happy to finally have a name. He had almost expected something based off his overall tanny appearance or the scar he had been so distraught over. Indigo's choice was surprisingly... surphiciated.

"And you're not hallucinating-- I saw that too.," the newly named Apollo then said responding to Lux. He motioned towards the lake, inferring what he was talking about and knowing the human would otherwise be unable to understand him. 'Why did he have to be the only so far who couldn't speak the same common language?,' he thought to himself. It was as if this whole world had turned against him. He had no common language, no memories, and no fully functioning sight. He was grateful to at least have Indigo, who was fortunately able to translate his native tongue to the others.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 02:33:34 28/07/2018 by redwes
#55 Posted: 02:55:33 28/07/2018
Composing herself, the girl looked at the group curiously, slightly annoyed that they spoke of her as though she weren’t there. “I am perfectly solid. If you’d like to see for yourself, I could certainly arrange a demonstration,” she said bitterly. The anger boiling in her veins felt... right. Yes, she was anger. She was vengeance, an angel of holy fire descended to earth to make mortals atone for their sins and lead those who chose to follow her to the holy flames of purification where they would be born anew. A sweet smell filled her nostrils and a faint hum tickled her ears, and she was suddenly calm, could think clearly for just a moment, and saw ash and fire and felt grief and rage and knew nothing good had come of it. No, she couldn’t remember what the burning place had been, but it had meant something to her. “Sorry, I... I guess I’m rather emotional. Still, it’s disrespectful to ignore someone who is right in front of you.”

The Wyrmling yawned, closing her eyes and letting the sun warm her scales, a tiny hum, a burst of sweet pink mist, and she dozed off, her tiny wings occasionally fluttering in her sleep as she settled into dreams of flight, of hunting. Dreams of tiny pink scales over wounds, of something that she wanted to get to but couldn’t quite reach.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#56 Posted: 03:23:29 28/07/2018
"Apollo! That's a nice name," Lux agreed with Indigo. "Just don't let him get too close to the sun! Or...was that Icarus? Appears I'm not too strong on my Greek myths." From the looks of the griffon, he seemed pleased with his name, and his motions indicated that he'd seen what Lux had seen. Speaking of the girl...
...She didn't seem too pleased that they were merely sharing their observations with each other. But Lux wasn't one to meet resistance with more resistance. "Hello? Hello? I didn't just hear something angrily speaking to me, did I? Or was that the wind?" Lux sent a teasing grin to the girl. When hope was lost and he was in a pinch, he felt that smiles and jokes were all he had left. Her anger died down quickly, though probably not due to what he'd said...Did it have to do with that sweet scent he detected in the air? Regardless, head a little clearer, Lux continued. "Just kidding. My apologies, ma'am. I've never seen anything like what you did before!"
---
S2 Swap Force Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#57 Posted: 03:25:35 28/07/2018
OOC: And here I was worried that this rp was dead.

Bullet laughed as Red used his own joke against him. "Your red's more prominent, and black sounds like the nickname of an uncreative emo teen." He replied. Then he started to wonder, how did he know things like that? Like what an emo or a teen is, or even remember what words, language and his Species is, but not his own name? And then there's the question of the one memory. Nothing about this situation made sense.
---
I never got my acceptance letter from Hogwarts so I'm leaving the Shire and becoming a Jedi
#58 Posted: 03:40:48 28/07/2018
“Well, I can’t say I know if I have,” she frowned. “I remember staring that dragon down. The one I just... turned into. I had a hand on its cheek, it was bleeding, I was bleeding, our blood mixed... and I don’t recall anything after that. There was fire, so much fire, and someone I... I loved? I think? And they were... calling my name, I think. I can’t... I can’t remember. I woke up here, covered in blood and ash.” Her eyes closed for a moment. She collected her thoughts, picking her only memory apart in the hope that she might understand it better.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#59 Posted: 21:57:32 28/07/2018
"I'm sorry to hear that and I'm sorry for ignoring you. If it helps, everyone here woke up with only one memory. I found them or they found me-- and we decided to stick together. They even had to come up with names for each other and for me-- since I kinda forgot mine.," Apollo screeched in a sympathetic tone and wanting to comfort the newcomer. He then realized that it was unlikely that they would be able to understand him, but he had hoped that his sympathy would come across regardless.

Whoever did this to him had to have been a cruel person and must have known this before wiping his memories. He obviously understood the common tongue with no issues and his intellect, whatever it may have been, was seemingly intact other then the lack of memories. Part of him wondered if he could once speak the common tongue or if he had some other method of communicating-- persumily without constantly having needed a translator and/or interpreter. Unless he had one before or had just avoided humans in his natural life altogether, avoiding the need for any translation. It was frustrating not having any of your own memories, besides just the one.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:05:16 28/07/2018 by redwes
#60 Posted: 02:16:36 30/07/2018
“Yes, perhaps that helps somewhat.” The girl closed her eyes. “I think I was saying something, in my memory. I was... chanting. Some kind of... spell? I cannot recall, and there’s no point in dwelling on it.” She shook her head. “My name is... uh... I suppose I have forgotten as well.”
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#61 Posted: 02:29:37 30/07/2018
"Perhaps you were trying to stop whoever or whatever brought us-- or perhaps it was unrelated to any of this. As for your name, I'm sure my friend Indigo here can come up with an appropriate nickname for you. They call me Apollo and that is-- wait, you can understand me?," he started to respond in his natural tongue before stopping himself and briefly staring in awe. "So far, only the fox has been able to understand me-- with him having to translate to the human now nicknamed Lux.," he then said pleasantly surprised by the fact.
---
#62 Posted: 14:51:58 30/07/2018
“Not exactly? I couldn’t translate word for word or anything, but I can understand the general... point, I guess. A general meaning.” She frowns. “It might have something to do with... well, you saw how I got over here.” Perhaps, as she and the dragon were once separate, it was the beast that could understand the creature before her and she was receiving a general translation. Perhaps her and the dragon were more connected, the same person, and she could simply understand because of that. It was unclear, but not a problem.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#63 Posted: 01:22:51 02/08/2018
"Yeah, Black would be a very awkward name," I agreed. Bullet seemed to lapse into deep thought, but before I could ask him what he'd been thinking about, we'd reached the top of the hill.
I looked out across the land in wonder. Green grass rolled out across the land, rippling in the gentle breeze. There was your standard tree or small body of water here and there, but otherwise, it seemed to go on forever, with no obvious clues to where exactly this was. I did spot some shadows in the distance, blocked out by the haze that seemed to accumulate whenever one looks too far into the horizon. Perhaps whatever lay beyond would be worth investigating one day. But for now, there was something much more interesting...and much closer.
"Look!" I called to Bullet, pointing to one of the lakes. I spotted four shapes- clearly living creatures- gathered around the area, as well as a fifth creature nestled in the branches of a tree. "We're not alone here!"

"Yes, we all arrived here with one sole memory and not much other knowledge." Lux attempted to enter the discussion, though it was a bit clunky because he could only hear half of it. "At least one more of us can talk to Apollo here! Makes me wonder if it is the fact that you're part dragon or whatever that was all about."
---
#64 Posted: 03:52:28 02/08/2018 | Topic Creator
“Y-yeah, terribly sorry about that miss... erm, dragon girl? I’ll come up with something in a bit,” Indigo chuckled warily. There was some more information to take in. So apparently this newcomer could understand Apollo! Or at least, partially, if her description was anything to go off of. Well, there was one thing consistent between them: all but one of their memories were gone, but the memory they held onto seemed different for each. Constants and variables, he supposed. “Well, I doubt my memory can contribute much to this. All I remember is saving a butterfly from becoming a spider’s lunch. I guess whoever I used to be was a nice guy then? Anyway, too many of us have this condition for it to be a coincidence, so I bet whoever’s behind this probably targeted us for a reason. What for, I’m not sure.”

Indigo tapped his paw, submerged in thought. Perhaps this was some kind of experiment? To see how people with little history would interact, maybe. Someone’s character is often shaped by their past, so by removing that, then they could become an entirely different person! And maybe their one memory was deliberately chosen to ensure one trait carried over into this unfamiliar territory. This was all conjecture, however, and the little blue fox relayed his theories to his peers for other opinions.
---
#65 Posted: 17:11:54 02/08/2018
“I guess that makes sense...” the girl shrugged. She turned to the water. “Maybe we should find something to put some of this in. I don’t remember much, but we need water.”

The Wyrmling shifted in her sleep, tiny wings beating at the air as she dreamed. A faint smell of citrus emanates from her horns, and her wings propel it through the air. She let her tail hang, no longer coiled quite as tightly around her branch.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#66 Posted: 04:24:29 03/08/2018
Bullet was pulled out of his thoughts when he realised they stopped. He looked around, the landscape was beautiful. His admiration of the area around him was cut short with a shout of, "Look!" sounding from right next to him. He looked over and followed where Red's finger was pointing. Her next words echoed his thoughts 'We're not alone!' Some of the others appeared animalistic, however, "I think two of them are human." He said. He wanted to go down and meet them, they could be friendly like Red, but yet again he wasn't sure. However from what little he saw from up here, he figured that they were friendly. "Come on," Bullet started walking down the hill, "feel like meeting some new people?"
---
I never got my acceptance letter from Hogwarts so I'm leaving the Shire and becoming a Jedi
#67 Posted: 00:03:52 09/08/2018
"Agreed-- and it sounds as good as any theory.," Apollo screeched in agreement. "Whoever we once were, it is obvious that each and every one of has our own unique history-- my.. my scar, your blue color, and your dragon-shifting ability for instance. Whatever or whoever did this to me would've changed my life and how I view it-- perhaps my personality would've changed from the experience or perhaps I might've even gone on a vengeance streak. Without that experience and nothing more than my raw extincts, I may be very much be a different person now than I would've been with those memories intact. And.. and I do hope to one day gain those memories back.," he then said looking at the others and explaining his thoughts on the matter. He looked to one of the others to translate to Lux.
---
#68 Posted: 16:04:27 09/08/2018
"Looks like you're right," I agreed with Bullet. Two humans, three creatures. What an odd group! I couldn't discern much else from this distance, but I was sure we'd figure it out soon, for Bullet began walking down the hill on the other side. He sure made that decision fast!
"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I laughed as I jogged behind Bullet. "If we can befriend them, then surely a group of seven is more safe than a group of two. And of course, if we can put our heads together, maybe we can figure out what we're doing here and where our memories are!"

"Yeah, as horrifying as that is, it makes sense," Lux spoke to Indigo. "If this all was intentional and not just an accident, then whoever did it was trying to change us." A rare expression of concern flitted across his face as he considered it. "So, Indigo, they wanted you to be childlike and carefree, maybe. That's what your memory evokes to me! They wanted miss dragon lady to connect to her powers, and they wanted me to...uh..." He turned, distracted, as the girl said something about gathering water. "That's a good plan," he said to her. "Don't have much to carry it with, though!"
---
#69 Posted: 02:39:17 10/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Indigo nodded, translating for Apollo and accepting the change in subject with open arms. The idea of having his personality manipulated just didn't sit well with him. Sure, being carefree about stuff is nice, but what if that just made him complacent? Ugh. "I'm sure we can figure something out," the little blue fox said, casually dipping his paw into the water, thinking of a nickname for the dragon girl- the name "Ember" came to mind -while he swished and splashed around. "Maybe there's some kind of vessel we can use around here..." As he pulled his paw from the pond, though, he got a bit of a surprise:
The water had stuck to his paw.
Not like just having a few droplets sticking there, either, no. Clutched in his paw was a perfectly round sphere of water! "What the-?" Indigo blinked a few times to make sure he wasn't just seeing things, his mouth agape. How was that even possible?
---
#70 Posted: 12:35:57 10/08/2018
OoC: I think Lux is going to spasm if you name her Ember. smilie

Lux nodded as he accepted the translation. Seemed like they were all thinking along the same track. But Indigo quickly changed the subject, so Lux decided not to talk about it too much longer. It was definitely an uncomfortable thought: that someone didn't like him the way he was before, and had tried to shape him into something new.
He was shaken out of his musings by Indigo, and he too stared in wonder about the water that had seemingly drawn itself to Indigo's paw. "Whoa indeed!" Lux exclaimed with a grin of admiration. "Looks like you can control water! I knew someone who could do that!"
---
#71 Posted: 15:46:22 10/08/2018 | Topic Creator
"I guess that solves the problem of how we'll transport our water," Indigo said, fishing out a few more water spheres. If water powers were something he naturally had, that may explain his strange color. Supporting this, he found he could only "create" these spheres when he focused on making them; otherwise, the water behaved as normal. It was like they had their own center of gravity. Curious, curious...
But more curious than that was Lux's statement that he knew someone else with water powers! If he truly lost all but one of his memories, then he shouldn't know that for sure. Unless...
"Lux... did you just get back one of your memories?"
---
#72 Posted: 16:52:16 10/08/2018
"Yeah! If you can find a way to suspend that water, we could just carry it with us as we travel. So, like, do they have to touch you? Or can you make them float? Well, it might be too early to tell for now, but I guess you and I are going to have to experiment with our powers..." Lux trailed off as Indigo drew attention to what he'd said earlier. Lux scratched his head. He hadn't even been aware of what he'd said! "Um...maybe?" he guessed. "When you started playing with the water like that, it reminded me of someone. I don't remember much- it was like...a memory of a memory. A brief flash in my head. But whoever she was, she could form bubbles of water out of thin air...kinda like what you're doing there."
---
#73 Posted: 02:23:20 11/08/2018
Apollo watched in awe as the water stuck to Indigo-- only to form a sphere and then several more. He attempted to grasp the water with his claws, only to watch any brief solidity the water processed quickly crumble and fall back down. That quickly confirmed that the strange properties did indeed rest with his blue companion and not the water itself. He gave a comformative screech, agreeing with the blue fox's suggestion. He gave tilted his head slightly at the thought of Lux processing powers as well, something he had previously been unaware of and something that had only been demonstrated before his late arrival. "Wait-- if you have powers and both of you, then perhaps that is another reason why we are all here. It may be possible that we all process certain abilities and just only haven't discovered them yet. It may also be possible that our captors are observing us and watching to see exactly when and how such abilities manifest.," he then screeched thinking out loud to anyone who was listening.
---
#74 Posted: 02:37:07 11/08/2018
The dragon girl stared in awe at the bubble in Indigo’s hand. Perhaps... she could do something similar? She reached into the water and attempted to fuel something, anything, and to her surprise, the water warmed for a moment. She pulled it out, but it ran through her fingers. Perhaps she had imagined it... yes, that was all. It had to be.

A plop and a surprised sound somewhere between an indignant squawk and a tiny mew herald the Wyrmling’s fall from the tree. She gave a sound close to the pitiful mew of a kitten calling for its mother as she lay in the grass, more shocked than actually hurt.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#75 Posted: 01:52:07 12/08/2018
Apollo soon heard the sound and almost immediately turned his head towards the direction of the source. He then picked up a new but familiar scent-- and spotted the small winged creature that had seemingly fallen right onto the ground. He went low to the ground and almost nuzzled the new but familiar creature with his tanny beak. "You alright there little buddy?," he gently asked recognizing the faint scent as the same scent he had detected earlier. His screech, to those who couldn't understand, would've been that of a slightly curious but caring tone.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:55:20 12/08/2018 by redwes
#76 Posted: 14:00:43 13/08/2018
The tiny serpent blinked, drawing its tail across the surface of the beak prodding it. A friendly voice reassured her, and she gave a small chirp and released a puff of sweet smelling mist that seemed to convey feelings of comfort. She flapped her tiny wings and perched on his head, humming quietly, attempting to heal the scar over the friendly gryphon’s eye. It may not work, she knew, eyes were not an ideal place for the scales her healing brought. She didn’t even know if it would work. She closed her eyes and huffed.

(the gryphon isn’t the only one who can’t communicatd good, she communicates emotions more than words using scents imbued with her slight (very very veeeery slight) psychic ability)
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#77 Posted: 21:30:33 13/08/2018
Despite the tiny serpent's best efforts, the scales only managed to cover the very edges of the scar and the surrounding area-- effectively making the scar slightly less visible but nether removing it completely or restoring Apollo's lost vision. He gently lifted his head from its lowered position, taking care as to not cause the now seemingly comforted creature to fall off. He suspected that the tiny winged creature used scent to communicate-- at least in part. When he had gotten angry earlier, he had smelt a similar scent and had began to calm down. And now with this new scent, something told him at this creature was now at peace sitting comfortably on top of his head.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:32:02 13/08/2018 by redwes
#78 Posted: 00:00:32 14/08/2018
Disappointment at the failed healing mingled with pride at the coral pink scales fitting her new friend’s face. She purred and brushed her tail gently across them, admiring the tiny scales similar to her own. The little dragon released a mist of simultaneously sweet and sour pride at her handiwork, coiled around Apollo’s head like a crown and relaxed.

The girl laughed. “Looks like you’ve made a friend,” she noted, amused, too focused on the tiny serpent to notice the new scales.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#79 Posted: 16:42:58 03/09/2018
Lux's thoughts evaporated like dew as a strange creature fell out of a tree close to them. It looked like a small, rosy-scaled serpent of some kind, but if it could communicate, Lux, again, could not understand the words. Thankfully, Apollo leapt to take care of the small dragon creature first. Probably for the better, anyway. The creature seemed to appreciate Apollo checking on it, for it moved to perch on his head. Was it just Lux, or had it moved to try and heal Apollo's scarred eye? Some scales sprouted around the location, to Lux's surprise. He wasn't sure if the serpent had actually healed Apollo all that much, but it sure seemed proud of itself. "Wow," said Lux. "What a strange new creature! Hey, Apollo, did you get anything out of all that?"
---
#80 Posted: 22:04:50 03/09/2018 | Topic Creator
This place was finding new ways to garner Indigo’s attention every minute! As he fished out a few more water spheres, a little chatter from Apollo indicated that he’d discovered another creature. This one appeared to be a serpentine creature, with a few draconic features. A young wyrm, perhaps? That aside, he considered his gryphon friend’s theory, translating as necessary. “I think you’re onto something,” the blue fox agreed. “Though why exactly they’d want to observe our abilities is anyone’s guess. Could be for good, could be for bad. Better hope it’s the former.” At any rate, he observed the new arrive curiously. A sort of sweet smell shrouded her, and it had a sort of “emotion” to it, for lack of a better word, and seemed rather content. Not only that, she exhibited some kind of healing power. Interesting, and helpful, too. “Well, welcome to the crew,” Indigo warmly greeted her. “We’ve got each other’s backs.
---
#81 Posted: 22:26:47 03/09/2018
Apollo smiled as the tiny serpent gently brushed their tail across the new scales, which felt different and less rough than the scar tissue that they replaced. He hadn't even seen the scales yet, but knew that the winged newcomer that done something to the scar-- even if it wasn't gone completely. "If you're asking if I can fully see again, the answer is still unfortunately no.," he responded to Lux pairing the response with a head shake to visually illustrate his response. "And let's hope you're right.," Apollo then said to Indigo and wondering what unknown abilities he had-- if any. Out of everyone stuck in this unfortunate place, he was the most "normal" of bunch seemingly being just a regular gryphon albeit a damaged one. If he had already received the scar long before his arrival, then why else would he be here?
---
#82 Posted: 22:28:37 03/09/2018
Edit: Oops, ninja'd. smilie

"Sorry, bud," Lux said to Apollo. Seemed the griffon was still blind in his eye. That injury was determined to stick with Apollo. That had to be important for something.
"I mean, I hope it's the former, too," Lux replied to Indigo, feeling a bit bad that he couldn't communicate further with Apollo, "but I feel like taking away one's memory is an inherently sinister thing. Unless... unless we agreed to be a part of this before it happened. Gosh, I really can't imagine myself being okay with that, though. But then again, do I really know myself?" The teen shrugged absentmindedly. All things considered, this wasn't a bad place to end up when devoid of memory. Nothing was threatening them, the environment was survivable, and they had all the time in the world to find food and explore. However, a part of him really didn't want to accept the possibility that he'd chosen this fate for himself. It made him uncomfortable.
Thankfully, the scents the newcomer was emitting were beginning to lull him out of his glum state, and he couldn't help but smile as the contentedness washed over him, hiding his dark thoughts from the others.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:31:17 03/09/2018 by ShadowMewX
#83 Posted: 23:49:59 04/09/2018
The tiny serpent released a puff of scent that simply indicated gratitude towards Indigo. She chirped happily. Another tiny puff indicated empathy and familiarity towards everyone. The little dragon could not communicate memory loss specifically, but hoped the message would be understood.

“I cannot see myself volunteering either, but it is hard to say.” The girl watched the tiny dragon carefully, enough emotions being conveyed by the scent that it somewhat confused and overwhelmed her.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#84 Posted: 03:04:42 05/09/2018
Bullet just agreed with what Red had said. What else could he say, other than, "Four heads are better than two, and the creatures look like they could help us in we come across any danger." As Red and him got closer he saw the dragon heal and release puffs of air. "What do you think that one is doing?"
---
#85 Posted: 02:47:10 06/09/2018
"Definitely! So long as they aren't the ones we have to worry about. That would suck if we were just running straight into a trap." I highly doubted that was the case, but I couldn't help but let that teasing note come into my voice anyway.
At Bullet's observation, I turned my attention to the serpent-like creature. "No clue! I've never seen anything like that before. I mean, not like I would remember if I had, but still. Hey...does that griffon have scales where the little guy released that mist now? Odd!"

"That's...quite the emotion you've got there!" Lux coughed, he too a bit overwhelmed by the puff of scent. "So, the common consensus seems to be that the relinquishing of our memories was not consensual? Whew, that was a mouthful! I'm really not sure which would be better in the grand scheme of things, honestly. Knowing we did brought this upon ourselves for good reason...or knowing that they were stolen from us involuntarily. Gives me the shivers!"
---
#86 Posted: 03:24:44 07/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Indigo nodded along with Lux in agreement. “True. I can’t imagine having amnesia induced on me willingly unless I had a really good reason for it. And considering the plight we’re in... yeah, I doubt that’s the case.”

Or unless there’s something that I really wanted to forget... but even then, why would I give up all my memories and not just that?

“Anyway, we have established that we can get them back, even if it’s just in tiny snippets. Like when you saw me controlling the water, you remembered a friend of yours that could do that too. So maybe if we look around, we can find more triggers like that! And who knows? We might even find who did this to us, too.”
---
#87 Posted: 22:04:17 07/09/2018
The tiny Wyrmling huffed and released another, more organized cloud of emotion. This one conveyed an emptiness that couldn’t really be described, a sense of something missing. She was so unsure about everything. Would these people hurt her?

“Yes. I... I think I want to remember.” The girl seemed to have the nobility of the dragon about her, an aura of fiery determination, but only for a moment before the wyrmling’s emotions washed over her and she froze. “What...?”
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#88 Posted: 22:47:42 07/09/2018
Apollo listened to the others and took in all the possibilities. "You guys may be on to something. I couldn't see myself willingly losing my memories now, but perhaps I had a reason than. Whatever happened to me-- perhaps something happened to all of us and we simply wanted to forgot. Forget the pain and whatever tragic memories we had associated with it.," he screeched agreeing that it was a possibility and knowing that he may had been a very different 'person' had he remembered what had happened to earn him the still mostly visible scar. Indigo than suggested that they could perhaps recover their memories, to which he screeched in agreement. 'The scar-- whatever did happen to me I wonder...,' he thought to himself.

As the tiny Wyrmling released the emotion-based scene, Apollo could feel or at least suspect just how lost the creature felt. "Whatever the case may be, I'm.. I hope we can get out of this.," he screeched about to say something encouraging but switching his tone to something more gloomful.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 22:56:24 07/09/2018 by redwes
#89 Posted: 19:15:16 09/09/2018
"Yup, running around exploring and trying to do as much as we can seems to be the best course of action!" Lux agreed with Indigo cheerfully. "If something as random as...say, standing on my head singing the alphabet backwards happened to be enough to trigger a memory of some kind, I'd do it!" His eyes flicked to the ground a moment, as if he were tempted to try it.
---
#90 Posted: 19:45:49 09/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Indigo could sense some unrest in the group, mainly stemming from their Wyrmling friend's mist of emotion. She was just as lost and confused as the rest of them, and it gave him pause; could they really do this? They'd be stumbling around in the dark without a flashlight, and not a single clue what to expect between them. But still, another part of him refused to give in. They had to find the truth, no matter how hard it may be. The fox looked over at the boy as he chimed in with his own idea. He couldn't help but smile.

"Well, let's get to it then," Indigo said, taking a step forward, only to realize one last thing. "Oh, we haven't come up with a nickname for you yet!" he apologized to the dragon girl. "Hmm... how does Pyra sound?"
---
#91 Posted: 21:34:05 09/09/2018
“It is a name, and that is what matters,” Pyra said. “It gives me something.”
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#92 Posted: 05:03:32 10/09/2018
"Pyra! That's a pretty name. Good one, Indigo!" Lux looked around at the assembled group. Seemed like a good team, though whether that was due to their pacified, memory-wiped natures or some inherent goodness, he didn't know. But he had a feeling that this group would be able to get things done.
"Hang on, you're forgetting the little one!" he realized suddenly, gesturing to the tiny serpent perched upon Apollo's head. "Let me try this whole naming thing! How about...uh...Misty? For the...uh, mist? ...Hey, I never said I was good at this!"
---
#93 Posted: 16:31:41 10/09/2018
Alright, mist making scales, that look to be the same colour as the creature, grow on another creature... that raised a small red flag in Bullet's mind. "It looks like the others are fine with it, so maybe it's normal?" He thought out loud. It seemed that they were close enough to hear voices, but not make out any words, but he could smell something, a faint smell of... emptiness... how was he smelling an emotion? "Red, do you smell that?" Bullet asked.
---
#94 Posted: 16:58:49 10/09/2018
"I...guess so," I replied to Bullet. "That griffon doesn't look hurt at all from the scales, so maybe that's a good thing!" We'd made it down the hill at this point, but the group of creatures were too absorbed in their discussion to notice that we'd even approached. Did they really not notice us? Or did they not care?
"I smell that, too," I agreed. "It smells...sad. Lost. No clue how, but it does!"
---
#95 Posted: 20:00:44 13/09/2018
Misty chirped and released a sickly sweet puff of pure joy, overwhelming and a bit unsettling. Yes, she likes that name. She liked it a lot. She plopped on Lux’s head next, and seemed to be purring.

“All right, so everyone’s got names now?” Pyra was uncertain, but wanted to ensure that everyone had something to call themselves. The feeling of joy washed over her and she blinked in confusion. Wow, that was a strong single emotion.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#96 Posted: 20:17:15 13/09/2018
Apollo looked at everyone currently present and gave a confirmative screech. He paired his screech with a nod, just in case the intitual message wasn't clear to anyone. Indeed-- he seemed unphased by the newly-added scales which while feeling different than his his usual features, didn't hurt him at least.
---
#97 Posted: 21:09:20 27/05/2019
OoC: *casually slips back into the RP*

Lux was a bit surprised by the sudden new weight on his head, but he grinned and regained his composure quickly. "You like that name, huh? Awesome!" The cloud of sweetness wreathed around him, nearly making him choke on how strong it was.
"Yeah, we've all got names, it seems!" Lux replied to Pyra. "I think we're ready to head off!" He turned to go with Indigo, only to realize that two people had appeared seemingly out of nowhere. One was a tall, blonde guy, and the other...
Lux stared, stunned, at the girl with the black-and-red hair. He sifted through his memories, trying to figure out if this was the girl from them. It had to be! She had black and red hair, had the same height, wore similar clothes...
...But at the same time, there were differences. Her eyes were brown, not green. And the girl standing before him sported dark wings- she was some sort of angel. Lux was confused. Angels came from fallen humans...was this possibly the girl he remembered, but as an angel instead? Or were they truly unconnected?
---
#98 Posted: 23:35:58 28/05/2019
OOC: Well I'm glad that there might be a chance of reviving this thing. It was one of my favorite rps.

Bullet and Red were close enough to be seen by the group now, and Bullet had no idea how to introduce himself, the only other introduction he'd done here was with Red, and he was threatening her. "Um... hi?" He got out. He was about to ask if they knew anything when he realised that the Blond teenager was staring at Red with a look that Bullet couldn't quite place. He looked between the two of them for a second before asking, "Do you know what's going on here?"
---
#99 Posted: 02:31:27 29/05/2019 | Topic Creator
(Man, feels good to be back. Sorry guys, I've just been finding it hard to find the motivation to do things the last few months. But I'm feeling a bit better now, so let's get back into this!)

"Alrighty!" Indigo chimed, ready to get a move on. With all his partners assigned temporary names and a decent party formed, it was time to venture out and uncover the truth! Who were they? Where'd they come from, and how'd they get here? These questions and more would be answered in due time- hopefully.
However, it seemed they had one thing to take care of, as a pair of characters had appeared over the hill together, a tall man in a heavy vest and jeans with hair of gold and eyes of blue, and his cohort, a girl in black and red attire who had- were those wings? Was she an angel? And more interestingly was Lux's reaction to her; a spark of familiarity in his eyes. Did he know her? But there was some uncertainty on his face as well...
Huh? Oh! The guy was talking! "Uh, yeah, hi!" the dark blue fox answered, storing those notes in the back of his head. "I call myself Indigo, and this here is Lux. We're just trying to figure stuff out at the moment, we're kinda lost and confused, heh heh..."
---
#100 Posted: 22:31:01 31/05/2019
OOC: I honestly don't remember who/what Red and Bullet are supposed to be.

Apollo looked up at the newcomers-- hesitant to speak up, but wanting to know if they could understand him. "They call me Apollo-- at least until we know my true name. It'a a long story, but we're all kinda just in this together.," the gryphon said watching for any response or sign of understanding. His 'voice' would come out as series of screeches and bird noises to those who couldn't understand the gryphon tongue. He looked at the newcomers with a look of curiosity, one eye notably being greyed out with small scales and a scar around it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:33:41 31/05/2019 by redwes
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me