Forum

Poll

Favourite Upgrade Path: Pit Boss
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Skylanders: Rebirth (WIP)
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders: Rebirth (WIP)
ZapNorris Emerald Sparx Gems: 4517
#1 Posted: 03:36:59 10/06/2018 | Topic Creator
what is this, you ask?

this is a fangame attempting to "reinvent" the franchise.

STORY-
It's been years since Kaos last threatened skylands- Since then, all has been at peace. With this new age, an executive has made a decision to slowly phase out the skylanders operative. Some skylanders still work, but most have gone on to new things- awaiting the call to duty.

However, a new evil has risen- and this time, a very real threat looms over skylands. Malefor has risen from his underworld prison, and has assembled an army of undead abominations. He's even recruited villains from the past to assist in his plan to absorb all the magic in skylands!

Now is the time to rise again to save skylands. Join forces with new recruits alongside fan-favorite reposes and lightcores. Explore skylands like never before with the new Explorer mode, and play with 100 portal masters at once in an open-world skylands experience. Take on the story mode and unlock special epilogues and endings in the most lore-filled skylanders game to date.

EXPLORER MODE-
Explorer Mode allows you to explore a vast, open-world skylands with up to 100 players in an amazing online experience. Complete quests, take down bosses, and unlock special elemental zones together and discover the amazing secrets of skylands.

Explorer Mode requires an internet connection to play.

Skylands needs heroes. Skylands needs YOU.

YOU DON'T EVEN NEED THE TOYS THIS TIME-
all the characters will be available digitally as well. In fact, they'll be released in the same waves and at the same time as the toys. so if you want a collection of cool new edgier skylander toys, you can have it! but if you just want the character in game, you can have that too.

In fact, digital versions of EVERY existing skylander will be available. all of them. and Switch owners can have access to Bowser and DK.

all versions of the game will include a Digital Library that can hold up to 500 skylanders.

ARENA MODE-
PVP is back! battle one on one, or enter the new Skylands Battle Royale, where 100 players can battle with their skylander of choice until one is left!

ROSTER-
Skylanders: Rebirth introduces 18 new cores and 18 fan-favorite reposes. In addition, all existing skylanders will work.

SWITCH VERSION-
The Nintendo Switch version allows you to store a virtual library of up to 500 skylanders on your device, letting you save skylands wherever you go. so whether you go digital or physical, you can play anywhere, anytime.

SPECIAL SPYRO LEVEL-
In celebration of Spyro’s 20th anniversary, as well as the Reignited Trilogy, a special Adventure Pack will be released- Flashback Fields. Defend the dragons from Ripto’s wrath with the special Dragon Duo Spyro repose, available exclusively in this adventure pack. Whether you go Digital or Physical, tons of Spyro fun awaits.

Pre-Order the game either digitally, online, or in-store to receive a free download code for the Flashback Fields Adventure Pack. this will be a timed exclusive to the pre-order bonus until later.

STORY- "DAWN OF THE DRAGON KING"
In the story mode of Rebirth, the undead heroine Cynder will lead the new skylanders operative. In order to save all she's ever known from Malefor, Cynder must uncover the ancient past of skylands, and the truth of her origin. Accompanied by former senseis Flarewolf and Starcast, as well as jaded warden Snap Shot, prepare for an adventure like no other!

Skylanders: Rebirth is available on Xbox One, PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch.

PRICING AND PACKS:
Standalone Game- $39.99
Starter Pack- $59.99
Dark Edition- $69.99
Digital Figure- $3.99
Core/Repose Single Figure- $7.99
Digital Adventure Pack (One Figure, One Level)- $9.99
Adventure Pack (One Figure, One Level Piece)- $14.99

Standalone Game-
Just the game, with the three starters already unlocked.

Starter Pack- Kamakiri, Icecap, Burnward, Game, Portal, Poster
(Switch version does not include portal.)

Dark Starter Pack- Dark Kamakiri, Dark Burnward, Dark Icecap, Dark Ghost Roaster, Game, Portal, Poster
(Switch version does not include portal.)
---
It cannot be inherited. Nor can it ever be purchased. I have earned it with my blood, sweat and tears. I own it forever. The title: Mushroom Hunter.
Edited 14 times - Last edited at 01:56:41 14/06/2018 by ZapNorris
#2 Posted: 03:43:40 10/06/2018 | Topic Creator
FULL CHARACTER LIST:

FIRE-
Burnward (01)
Fire Ant (02)
Inferno Sunburn (03)
Eclipse Smolderdash (04)

LIFE-
Kamakiri (05)
Bad Breath (06)
Hive Mind Bumble Blast (07)
Shaman Zoo Lou (08)

WATER-
Icecap (09)
Tsunami (10)
Snow-Brawl Slam Bam (11)
Tidal Wave Zap (12)

AIR-
Forecast (13)
Eye Soar (14)
Tempest Whirlwind (15)
Stormchaser Lightning Rod (16)

EARTH-
Cliffhanger (17)
Spectrolite (18)
Bismuth Prism Break (19)
Jurassic Dino-Rang (20)

UNDEAD-
Chuckles (21)
Wargoyle (22)
Chain Killer Ghost Roaster (23)
Unbound Hex (24)

MAGIC-
Lux (25)
Clayhem (26)
Dragon Duo Spyro (27)
Monarch Wrecking Ball (28)

TECH-
Shell Shock (29)
Spillgore (30)
Wasteland Tread Head (31)
Dyna-Mighty Boomer (32)

LIGHT-
Sun Block (33)
Origin Spotlight (34)

DARK-
Fangshi (35)
Astral Blackout (36)

Obligatory Variant Round

Dark Kamakiri (05a)
Dark Icecap (09a)
Dark Burnward (01a)
Dark Ghost Roaster (23a)

Rebel Spectrolite (only at Amazon) (18a)

Nightmare Eye Soar (14a)
Snow Day Forecast (13a)
Dragon Egg Cliffhanger (17a)
Solar Bloom Sun Block (33a)
---
It cannot be inherited. Nor can it ever be purchased. I have earned it with my blood, sweat and tears. I own it forever. The title: Mushroom Hunter.
Edited 15 times - Last edited at 03:47:53 17/06/2018 by ZapNorris
#3 Posted: 03:45:16 10/06/2018 | Topic Creator
LEVELS:

Cave Of Ruin
Groundtown
Prisoner’s Peak
Bubble Trouble Beach
Raindrop Kingdom
Pinwheel Prairie
Monument Passage
Foggy Forest
Spectral Springs
Minduur Manor
Diablo Desert
Rattenhanz Resturaunt
Celsius Cavern
Afterlife Arena
Prism Promenade
Diamond Tower
Lights, Camera, Traction!
Haunted Scrapyard
Astra Planetary
Brimstone Basin
King's Keep

Reversion Valley (Includes Fangshi)
Waterfall Of Wonder (Includes Tsunami)
Firepower Factory (Includes Spillgore)
Flashback Fields (Includes Dragon Duo Spyro)
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 16:16:07 14/06/2018 by ZapNorris
#4 Posted: 22:45:56 10/06/2018 | Topic Creator
some important info-

- Each level has two "versions"- the regular version, and the open world version unlocked after beating that level on regular.
- Nightmare mode has a different final boss than regular mode.
- After the main story, there are three "Epilogue" missions you can take on, featuring the main 4 NPC skylanders.
- There are TWO massive open-world hubs- Cloudcracker Prison and the Academy.
- The game is rated T for Teen, for mild violence, mild language, and use of tobacco. we've come full circle lads
- The production runs of the optional figures are being cut SEVERELY to avoid overstock.
- Seasonal variants will recieve EXTREMELY LIMITED releases. you gotta act fast if you want that edgy Eye Soar boi
- The Reposes have different appearances, kinda like the superchargers ones. the movesets are the same, however.
- Figure size has been increased. big boy season. absolute units.
- Graphics are scaled up since it's only on new gen consoles.
- i'll be posting upgrades, wow-pows, and wave layouts soon.

Rebirth is meant to be a "re-imagining" of the franchise, focused at an older audience with a more lore-based story. all older skylanders will work still, so rejoice.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:55:29 14/06/2018 by ZapNorris
SkylandrPurists Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#5 Posted: 11:59:58 11/06/2018
As usual, I am psyched!

I think you might want to nix the "100 runes" thing in your Roster on your first page.
#6 Posted: 13:13:01 11/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: SkylandrPurists
As usual, I am psyched!

I think you might want to nix the "100 runes" thing in your Roster on your first page.

ah, thanks for noticing!
---
#7 Posted: 04:29:15 12/06/2018 | Topic Creator
we've undergone a major update!

i've been meaning to move some of my fan characters to another, non-skylanders project for a while. thus, a roster shakeup is in order. "TBC" spaces will be filled in over the next week or so.

this game is meant to serve as a definitive conclusion for the franchise, exploring the lore of the ancients, among other things.

this will (most likely) be my final fangame. with most of my main fanlanders being shifted to other things, it leaves little for these topics. plus, the franchise is dying.
---
SkylandrPurists Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#8 Posted: 23:37:21 13/06/2018
Dang, that's a lot of times you've reupdated your roster of new characters within almost an entire week. I do think your fan characters (judging by their names) sound interesting even though I don't know who they 100% are.
#9 Posted: 04:30:09 14/06/2018 | Topic Creator
updated info on the following six is coming soon-

Burnward
Kamakiri
Icecap
Lux
Sun Block
Shell Shock
---
#10 Posted: 07:27:58 17/06/2018 | Topic Creator
"the first six"

Burnward
“Comin’ In Hot!”
-
Burnward is essentially a cross between a military commando and a t-rex. His main weapon is a machine gun, that shoots out flaming ammo. Burnward’s playstyle is focused on keeping enemies at range with machine gun and grenade attacks, and using a fire bite attack if enemies get too close. Despite his huge attack stat and considerable bulkiness, his defense and speed stats are low.

Attack 1- Machine Gun
Attack 2- Flame Grenade
Attack 3- Fire Bite

Kamakiri
“Time To Strike!”
-
Kamakiri is a (long overdue) praying mantis skylander, with samurai attributes. Her main attack lets her use the two blades on her arms as dual swords, performing quick spin combos to cover large crowds of enemies fast. Her speed and attack are especially useful for speedruns.

Attack 1- Blade Combos
Attack 2- Sneak Strike
Attack 3- Scissor Wave

Icecap
“Fortune Favors The Cold!”

Icecap is a blue-skinned elf, who specializes in martial arts. And, as you can tell by his name, his character is another rare ice-themed one. His main attack is a force palm thrust that can freeze enemies if charged. His other main attack is throwing snowflake shurikens- or “Brrrikens”. His third attack is a non-damaging move- but rather a meditation stance that triples his attack stat if completed. Attack wise? Icecap is golden. Speed? Be careful.

Attack 1- Freeze Palm
Attack 2- Brrriken
Attack 3- Chill Out
-

Lux
“Cat’s Outta The Bag!”

Lux is a humanoid black cat, akin to Tuff Luck. this, however, is where the similarities end. Lux’s moveset revolves around his unnerving appearance and paranormal abilities. He can shoot magic orbs from his palms for his main attack, with a powerful out-of-body claw slash experience for a secondary. Lux is meant to be a glass cannon, but with more speed than Burnward.

Attack 1- Orb Blast
Attack 2- Astral Claw
Attack 3- Teleport

-
Shell Shock
“Engage My Rage!”

Shell Shock is a small turtle with a HUGE voice. His main attack are his electric fists, which can either be used as part of a combo or fired off as rocket fists. His second attack is a devastating death-metal scream, that gains more visual effects when upgraded. Third attack is a cool shell spin attack.

Attack 1- Thunder Fists
Attack 2- Death Scream
Attack 3- Shell Spin

-
Sun Block
“Here Comes The Sun!”

Last of the first six. Sun Block is a decorated knight that wields only a massive shield. This shield can be used for a slam attack, or fire off sun orbs. His third attack allows him to summon pillars of light to defeat enemies. Another bulky support character with decent attacks. One of his upgraded attacks even allows him to absorb damage with the shield, and release it as a massive sun beam.

Attack 1- Shield Slam
Attack 2- Shield Blast
Attack 3- Light Blessing
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me