Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > "Classic Playstation 1" console?
Page 1 of 1
"Classic Playstation 1" console?
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#1 Posted: 14:12:20 02/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Supposedly, Sony wants to put out one of these "mini" consoles, to compete with the newer mini-consoles of Atari, Sega, etc.

If they did, I hope Spyro would be on it.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/te...nsole-bandwagon
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2 Posted: 18:45:12 02/06/2018
Huh. My old PS1 from the 90's still works fine so I doubt I'd be interested in buying one (and I still have all the old Spyro games too!!) ... but none the less I think this is a pretty good idea! Hmm, I hope they do this eventually. ;;
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#3 Posted: 21:20:29 02/06/2018
Yes, Spyro & Crash are definites. Also, Tomb Raider, and many others like, Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, Silent Hill.
But I guess it all comes down to publishers wanting this to happen aswell? I'm not too sure? I feel like PlayStation is a little more complicated than Sega, and all the ones that came before.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#4 Posted: 05:19:55 03/06/2018 | Topic Creator
I play my Insomniac Spyro games on a PS2, with a PS1 memory cartridge.
Still works good too!
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#5 Posted: 18:55:51 18/06/2018
This would be neat, although just like with then NES, SNES, and Genesis mini consoles I'm not too interested personally since I prefer playing on the original hardware. Hopefully Nintendo will release an N64 mini around the same time, so we can have the PS1 and N64 together on store shelves once again.
---
Boop me if you see this.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#6 Posted: 22:43:06 10/07/2018
Since there's no PS1 games on PS4 (aside from PS4 ports of mobile ports of PC ports of PS1 games FFVII and IX) and with the popularity of the mini NES and SNES, I can see Sony throwing their chips in the table. Of course, the majority of PS1 games to pick would be from third party publishers, use of dual analog sticks for all their games and pick the best, not simply the first ones like picking Tekken 2 over Tekken 1.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me