Why???
---
my fursona is a hot dog
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 21:37:14 13/05/2018
because activision has no soul.
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5597
#3 Posted: 21:48:03 13/05/2018
I seriously wonder that myself. Camo got one (Of which I am thankful for), so why not Sunburn? ;;
SkylandrPurists Gold Sparx Gems: 2601
#4 Posted: 11:46:09 14/05/2018
Maybe they thought other fire elements were more popular than smilie?

I dunno, does it look like I know everything that Activision does?
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#5 Posted: 14:18:11 14/05/2018
A true mystery. Sunburn was always my favourite fire element character.
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1236
#6 Posted: 21:49:29 14/05/2018
Sunburn needed an Elite version because he was so painfully under powered.
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2597
#7 Posted: 09:58:20 15/05/2018
He's too good for everyone

In all seriousness his popularity seriously dropped right after he actually came out and I guess they looked and saw that, but then the SC elites didn't do so hot and you could argue the same things for them
People really wanted him and DP before they actually came out, but I vividly remember then people didn't talk about him except asking for reposes/saying he's too weak (which I strongly disagree with). He became more infamous for being the one without a repose than remembered for what he is. Which annoys me because he's still my favorite. :/

Funny thing is nobody did the same for Fright Rider. Though to be fair, he at least got that Halloween variant. And I know he's from the second game buuut they remade every other Giants core.

Personally when it comes to reposes I'm just most cut we never got an LC Zoo Lou. Wouldn't have happened later on with LCs getting cut anyway but it really shoulda happened over BumBlast. I still hold Ghost Roaster in his skull form as an LC also would have been sick. Then again with baffling ones like That-Time-of-Month Hex and Flat-Eye Drobot (even though I like his LC) maybe it's for the best they didn't do these and fudge 'em. Double Trouble could have been a cool LC as well, though not horribly original/as cool as ZL woulda been, so no big loss.
---
you ever realise smilie can t-pose AND dab at the same time
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:06:30 15/05/2018 by Drawdler
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#8 Posted: 10:07:44 15/05/2018
He was fun to play with, but his attacks did so little damage that it seemed to take forever to defeat bigger enemies.
#9 Posted: 10:10:31 15/05/2018
Not up to SF, at least. I dunno about games after that anymore.

Hell, if anything I'm always surprised how fast he still beats down enemies in the first two games.

But regardless I don't understand why Sunburn is remembered by it because there are much worse cases of such a thing even in the first game. If people think Sunburn is really one of the worst for it I think they just don't get how to play him properly.
Admittedly if Skylanders had "mains" Sunburn would be mine so I'm biased, but I don't play him or these games at that high of a level and never felt what people were going on about with him, ever. I'm talking back in SA when I didn't even know what Heroics did because I never tried them, in Giants where I overlooked him, and in SF where I only pulled him out to grind for quests there the same as all the oldies who weren't also favorites. He didn't strike me as strong, I'm still not arguing that he is, but it also baffles me he strikes people as being underpowered. I don't think you need to play him at a high level to escape that "damage sponge" trap. He can take longer than some on high-tier enemies, but definitely not as bad as some others (HACKBlackoutHACK) nor one of those characters where you can become crazy skilled but still handicapped by terrible damage and be stuck fighting even mid-tier enemies for minutes on end. Well, unless it's TT or to a lesser extent SI, but in those games old characters that hold up and escape that trap are the exception.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:35:26 15/05/2018 by Drawdler
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#10 Posted: 05:40:30 17/05/2018
I'm happy to put my hand up and say I don't think I was good at using him. I'll try him again next time I'm playing SSA or Giants, but I just remember finding that it took him a long time to take enemies down AND I found him hard to control, with his fire breath often missing the target while he took damage.
emeraldzoroark Gold Sparx Gems: 2337
#11 Posted: 06:39:44 17/05/2018
He didn’t get an Elite because birds can’t drive.
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
#12 Posted: 16:41:47 19/05/2018
Quote: emeraldzoroark
He didn’t get an Elite because birds can’t drive.

neither can snakes. checkmate

seriously though it's kinda silly how they pushed to make every supercharger bipedal so they would look better driving when spitfire has no feet for pedals. i guess it's something more automatically given the benifit of willing suspension of disbelief, but it's even sillier if you think about it than some of the quadrupeds looked. and honestly they didn't even look that bad. at least imaginators had mysticat :v , but the decline in quads sucked
---
Halvmorke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1680
#13 Posted: 10:40:21 21/05/2018
How many topics about this already exist in the forum? How another one is not spam?
---
Halvmorke's Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me