Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Infinity wars spoilers topic
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#1 Posted: 08:45:20 27/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Alright no need to use

Here just pure spoilers
#2 Posted: 09:00:30 27/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Just in case somebody tries to flag me for spoiling the movie
the only guys left are the original avengers, rocket, and captain marvel? Think about it though. Dr strange said there was 1 possible outcome where they win out of 14,000,000. This was that outcome.
This whole movie is about sacrifice and everybody had a chance to do it to stop thanos but didnt while he did. Loki gave up the stone for his brother. Starlord didn't kill gamora. Gamora didn't let nebula die. Scarlet witch could have destroyed her lover a long time ago but decided to do it last second only to see him die again. Thanos however gave up his daughter and won at the end. BUT Dr strange said he would pick the stone over Tony and peter. He didn't make that promise. Instead he sacrificed the stone to save Tony. Tony has to live for the good guys to win. It was the only way

also I'm gonna hear dead silence when ant man's loved ones snap away from existence

movie theater reactions were amazing. When thanks got the power glove and Easter eggs a good portion of the theater cursed out "****". But than bucky vanished and people gasped or said "oh no". Then more people started to vanish with popular heroes with black panther getting loud moans with the crowd getting more silent until spiderman vanished where people cried. Fade to Black. Everybody shocked. I laughed and another guy did too lol. Mid credits scene came and everybody groaned. When the post credit scene came everybody was confused but I freaked out and yelled it was captain marvel lol.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 09:11:27 27/04/2018 by somePerson
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#3 Posted: 11:59:56 27/04/2018
This movie seems to have done TLJ's theme way better than that movie, that's for sure.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#4 Posted: 15:16:41 27/04/2018
Just because the next Avengers isn't called Infinity War Part II doesn't mean it's not Infinity War Part II. If anything, the ending felt like the end of a second act before the heroes get back up to fight again.

The saddest part for me was Tony seeing Peter scared while be disintegrated.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:36:57 27/04/2018 by StevemacQ
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#5 Posted: 16:07:07 27/04/2018
HUGE SPOILER
thanos is purple

I'm pretty sure that the ones who were killed, or at least some of them, will come back since they are confirmed to have movies after this.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#6 Posted: 16:16:12 27/04/2018
I was correct with the snap. I was correct with Gamora dying for the soul stone. I didn't want to be, but I unfortunately was.
Loki and Heimdall's death made me sad early on. All the fight scenes were bomb as ****, and I enjoyed the Thor subplot way more than I thought I would. I love Star Lord to death, but what a ****ING IDIOT
I knew it was serious when Bucky disintegrated after the snap, but it didn't really set in for me until T'Challa did too. I thought he was going to be untouchable. Is Shuri queen now?

What really started getting me was Groot's death. He looked so scared, and Rocket foreshadowed it early on by saying he had a lot to lose. That's the one that finally broke me. Then came the rest of the Guardians on Titan. Drax and Mantis hurt, but not as much as Star Lord. He's always been my favorite, and I was one of like 3 people that was audibly terrified. The last straw was Spidey though. I was expecting it but it hurt way more than I realized.

i cant believe bubbles gave me PTSD

Quote: Chompy-King257
I'm pretty sure that the ones who were killed, or at least some of them, will come back since they are confirmed to have movies after this.

of course they will, but how will it effect them? that's what im psyched to see
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:17:26 27/04/2018 by Vespi
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#7 Posted: 16:43:42 27/04/2018
When the movie opened with a character death I knew we were in for a ride.
I just literally have no idea how this can be undone in the next movie?? Which is to come out next year, right? I mean, there are certain deaths that won't be undone (Loki, Heimdall, Gamora, and anyone else who died before the snap), but I'm talking about the snap. The only reason I'm hopeful is because Dr. Strange saw the future and it seems he kept Tony alive to fulfill that 1 timeline where they can win. That, and we all know there are going to be more movies with specific characters that were snapped.
And I still have a feeling Stark or Cap will die in the next movie.

Proxima Midnight and Ebony Maw were awesome villains.

Gamora's death got me the most.

Theater reactions were the best. The parts people seemed to react to most were Thor arriving in Wakanda, Thanos almost killing Stark, Thanos turning back time to kill Vision, and everyone being snapped at random. Especially Spiderman ;-;

words
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:46:40 27/04/2018 by Darby
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12141
#8 Posted: 17:08:52 27/04/2018
four loko
when loki died i imagined hearing a thousand fangirls on tumblr screaming out in pain
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:11:02 27/04/2018 by Carmelita Fox
#9 Posted: 17:08:53 27/04/2018 | Topic Creator
I want farmer thanos now
[User Posted Image]

I don't see gamora staying dead. Maybe they can reintroduce her as death rejecting thanos as a father now instead of a lover. Also hope Korg is still alive. :(
#10 Posted: 17:20:15 27/04/2018
Quote: Carmelita Fox
four loko
when loki died i imagined hearing a thousand fangirls on tumblr screaming out in pain

the paragraphs about the inner workings of loki's angsty brain in the first scene are rolling in hard

words
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#11 Posted: 18:24:22 27/04/2018
did anybody else

find the graphic gay sex scene between thanos and rocket unnecessary? also the scenes with steve rogers calling t'challa "boy" made me really uncomfortable to. wtf disney
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#12 Posted: 19:24:56 27/04/2018
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
did anybody else

find the graphic gay sex scene between thanos and rocket unnecessary? also the scenes with steve rogers calling t'challa "boy" made me really uncomfortable to. wtf disney

>Disney
>Graphic sex scene

WHAT ****ING TIMELINE AM I IN?

#13 Posted: 20:46:15 27/04/2018
did anybody else

***** read the source material
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#14 Posted: 22:36:25 27/04/2018
Holy ****

Even though I know they’re gonna come back, the moment when it happened made me weep. That was so goddamn good. So much love, so much heart. I’m proud of everyone who worked on this amazing film franchise. I loved this so much!

Good job, Russo Brothers
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#15 Posted: 00:25:11 28/04/2018
It was spectacular! Loved every minute of it.

The best scene for me was Thor, Groot and Rocket coming down to Wakanda. Also the ending was GREAT, but it's pretty bovious that everyone is gonna comeback by the end of the next film. Regardless ut still felt to emotional.

Also, I know it was filmed on Imax cameras, but come on, all the glasses did was darken the screen. Nothing felt 3D/Imax. If you theater's gotta Dolby Cinema, which is a MASSIVE screen, with out the need of glasses, go do that instead. Next time I see AIW, that's what I'm doin'.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#16 Posted: 12:46:33 28/04/2018
did anybody else

was the scene where

steve rogers goes into a 10min rant about jews in the comics? i thought it broke up the pacing
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#17 Posted: 23:08:17 28/04/2018
Get lost, Squidward

I knew Bucky and Vision were going to die. Bucky because it would be the one last push for Cap to go over the edge, and Vision for obvious reasons. Same with Strange, but I certainly didn't expect him to hand it over - I expected Thanos to kill him outright and take it.

I also specifically predicted that Spidey and Black Panther would not die.

I was wrong. I was horribly wrong.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#18 Posted: 23:24:04 28/04/2018
oh jesus

obviously there's gonna HAVE to be some resurrection ****, strange did say it was the only way.

but god dammit spiderman made me sad smilie

also i totally called vision getting it (i mean everyone did but go off) but JESUS ****ING GAMORA!?

Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12141
#19 Posted: 23:25:14 28/04/2018
did anybody else

was the scene where

steve rogers goes into a 10min rant about jews in the comics? i thought it broke up the pacing

the movie actually cut that in half
#20 Posted: 23:46:10 28/04/2018
The rabbit is right

Why is Hulk refusing to come out?

Also, it hasn't been established in the MCU how exactly the Soul Stone works, but in the comics it gives you complete control over individual lives. If this proves to be true in the movie as well, then we can assume that Thanos did not just blindly wipe out half of all life, but rather he specifically chose whom to wipe and whom to spare. Why these people? Here are my theories:

Stark & Rogers: Thanos seems like a theatrical, almost literary man with an appreciation for dramatics. Since they're the ones who led his opposition without even knowing it, he wants them to see it through to the end. With Stark in particular, perhaps Thanos wants him to suffer; Strange made a good point about everyone in Stark's life "working for" him, and Thanos wants him to feel the consequences of dragging everyone he knew and loved into this - even if he did so unknowingly.

Thor, Banner & Nebula: They're the most likely to defeat him, thus he spared them because he wants a challenge. He's not the kind of guy who takes the easy way out.

And that's all I got. Fill in the blanks.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:47:02 28/04/2018 by Metallo
#21 Posted: 23:58:49 28/04/2018
Quote: Metallo
The rabbit is right

Also, it hasn't been established in the MCU how exactly the Soul Stone works, but in the comics it gives you complete control over individual lives. If this proves to be true in the movie as well, then we can assume that Thanos did not just blindly wipe out half of all life, but rather he specifically chose whom to wipe and whom to spare. Why these people? Here are my theories:

Stark & Rogers: Thanos seems like a theatrical, almost literary man with an appreciation for dramatics. Since they're the ones who led his opposition without even knowing it, he wants them to see it through to the end. With Stark in particular, perhaps Thanos wants him to suffer; Strange made a good point about everyone in Stark's life "working for" him, and Thanos wants him to feel the consequences of dragging everyone he knew and loved into this - even if he did so unknowingly.

Thor, Banner & Nebula: They're the most likely to defeat him, thus he spared them because he wants a challenge. He's not the kind of guy who takes the easy way out.

Hulk didn't come out likely because he feared Thanos after loosing to him.

And I like your theory why Stark is alive, it makes sense. Nearly everyone one who knows Stark now either works with or for him, and since when he has some sort of task or dilemma, the people he's closest to are dragged in with him. and that's no different here. Tony could easily see all of this as his fault.

and for Thor, Nebula and Banner, yeah, that's very possible

Wakanda Forever.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#22 Posted: 00:22:38 29/04/2018 | Topic Creator
The rabbit is right

he said he liked starlord and he died

- - -
#23 Posted: 01:38:42 29/04/2018
I thought the whole idea of the 'snap' was it being totally random, just like when he committed genocide before, right? He eliminated half the population at random, rich or poor.
Is interesting how all of the original Avengers happened to survive though.

-----
#24 Posted: 01:41:39 29/04/2018
Quote: somePerson
he said he liked starlord and he died
- - -

Star Lord would've reminded him too much of Gamora

Quote: Darby
I thought the whole idea of the 'snap' was it being totally random, just like when he committed genocide before, right? He eliminated half the population at random, rich or poor.
Is interesting how all of the original Avengers happened to survive though.

-----

Remember that before he didn't have the Soul Stone, plus he wasn't intimately connected with the people he slaughtered. He didn't have much of a choice but to do it randomly. The Soul Stone allows him to choose, allegedly.

I don't want to go, Mr. Stark
DirtPrincess Green Sparx Gems: 276
#25 Posted: 01:43:10 29/04/2018
I haven't seen it yet but I just wanna know if Groot ages up in this movie or if he stays teen Groot
---
Change my mind - Taylor Swift
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6473
#26 Posted: 01:48:24 29/04/2018
Quote: DirtPrincess
I haven't seen it yet but I just wanna know if Groot ages up in this movie or if he stays teen Groot

He doesn't.

As for what Metallo said:

I do NOT think he chose who was killed. He didn't in the comic either, though his motivations were very different. I believe it was random, as he said earlier in the film. I really do not at all believe those who survived were chosen on purpose.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:48:52 29/04/2018 by Rendar
#27 Posted: 01:54:26 29/04/2018
It will have to be addressed somehow in Avengers 4, especially since Strange is gone too. The whole thing was his plan.

Also, $10 says Captain Marvel will deal the final blow to Thanos

Well yes, that's what killing you means
#28 Posted: 01:59:24 29/04/2018
when they said "oh captain marvel's gonna be here yo", i was expecting more than a 5-second logo in the aftercredits... oh well

but damn rocket must be a mess right now. his best friend just died twice. did like his bits with thor. hope to see more of that in avengers 4

also GOD DAMMIT I'M STILL NOT OVER WHEN PETER DISINTEGRATED. IM NOT CRYING YOU ARE. ALSO T'CHALLA

- - -
#29 Posted: 02:00:28 29/04/2018
Quote: ZapNorris
when they said "oh captain marvel's gonna be here yo", i was expecting more than a 5-second logo in the aftercredits... oh well

but damn rocket must be a mess right now. his best friend just died twice. did like his bits with thor. hope to see more of that in avengers 4

also GOD DAMMIT I'M STILL NOT OVER WHEN PETER DISINTEGRATED. IM NOT CRYING YOU ARE. ALSO T'CHALLA

- - -

Thor: "I am sorry for your loss, rabbit"

- - -
#30 Posted: 02:06:24 29/04/2018
The more I think about it, the more I think the survivors were all coincidence, but at the same time it's interesting how all the OG Avengers lived. Pretty tough to say tbh. It's also quite obvious that all survivors will be the main cast for Avengers 4, along with Ant-Man, Wasp, Captain Marvel, and presumably Clint. Maybe Wong and Shuri as well.

Rabbit
---
#31 Posted: 02:20:11 29/04/2018
You know who morally aligns with Thanos? Killmonger.

They both hold a twisted form of peace and liberation as their final goal, and regard widespread death as a small price to pay for it.

Man, it'd be so cool if he used the Soul Stone to bring Killmonger back to serve as his lieutenant. I know he won't because Michael B. Jordan isn't in the credits for Avengers 4, but damn it'd be awesome.

How much for the arm?
#32 Posted: 02:32:56 29/04/2018 | Topic Creator
avengers 4 was originally announced as infinity war part 2 btw

- - -
#33 Posted: 02:33:43 29/04/2018
avengers 4 was originally announced as infinity war part 2 btw

- - -

That's not a spoiler, that's public information that's been known since 2014

I suppose the name change is because the "Infinity War" is over. Thanos has all the Stones
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:34:41 29/04/2018 by Metallo
#34 Posted: 02:49:56 29/04/2018
Aftermath of Infinity War visualized.

[User Posted Image]
---
#35 Posted: 03:39:35 29/04/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Aftermath of Infinity War visualized.

[User Posted Image]

**** you
#36 Posted: 04:10:41 29/04/2018
The more I think about it, the more I think the survivors were all coincidence, but at the same time it's interesting how all the OG Avengers lived. Pretty tough to say tbh. It's also quite obvious that all survivors will be the main cast for Avengers 4, along with Ant-Man, Wasp, Captain Marvel, and presumably Clint. Maybe Wong and Shuri as well.

Rabbit

and Okoye. Okoye lived.

- - -
#37 Posted: 04:44:16 29/04/2018
i keep thinking about it and as a star lord, spider-man, groot, loki, scarlet witch, and black panther fan, this movie haunts me every second of every day

that being said hawkeye better kick some ass in avengers 4 i love that boy

we came here to take ass and kick names

Rabbit

as much as i would love to see scott back in action against thanos, i think he, hope, and janet are going to die because of the snap. leaving us with hank pym and scott's daughter cassie
why?
we know avengers 4 will deal with time travel to some degree and and older cassie lang was cast in it

dont call us plucky, we dont know what that means
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:47:42 29/04/2018 by Vespi
#38 Posted: 04:48:45 29/04/2018
There's also a theory circulating that Gamora's soul is inside of the Soul Stone.

Discuss.

You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:49:44 29/04/2018 by Metallo
#39 Posted: 04:52:04 29/04/2018
There's also a theory circulating that Gamora's soul is inside of the Soul Stone.

Discuss.

You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

well, all the dead heroes go to the soul stone in the comics
i think itd be possible
its also probable that spidey, strange, panther, quill, drax, mantis, groot, falcon, wanda, and bucky are in there too

visions dead as dicks tho

screw you, you big green asshole
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:52:55 29/04/2018 by Vespi
#40 Posted: 05:06:14 29/04/2018
I am seriously concerned now about just how Thanos will be defeated.

The Infinity Gauntlet was clearly fried after Thanos used it at the end, so I think Avengers 4 will be focused on another race against time - Thanos, realizing that the pesky heroes just won't quit, is trying to recharge the Gauntlet to wipe them all out this time, and obviously the heroes try to stop him. Of course, they can't destroy the Gauntlet or the Stones because they need them to undo Thanos's reversal, so they'll most likely try to steal it from him and recharge it themselves - which will be much easier said than done. Also, the Stones themselves were still glowing, so maybe they still can be used individually.

On second thought, maybe it's not so hard. They did come pretty damn close to taking the Gauntlet from him this time, and even if most of those heroes are gone, I'm sure the OG Avengers can figure out a way, especially with Captain Marvel's help. Once they have it, recharging it and using it will be another matter. Will they have to revisit the forge?

Finally, what of the Titan himself? Will they have to kill Thanos in order to get the Gauntlet, or will they get the Gauntlet, power it up, undo the reversal, and have all of the revived heroes absolutely gangbang him at the end, forcing him to watch all of his work come undone as he dies?

I hope for the latter.

You should've gone for the head

UPDATE:

Rumor has it that Avengers 4 does indeed have a title, they just haven't publicly released it because of spoilers. Thus it's unlikely to be released until Infinity War finishes its theatrical run.

Also, it is confirmed that Warlock will not be in it. Christopher Markus said his character is too complex for him to just appear out of nowhere, they'd need a solo movie and they've already done that for Captain Marvel. He will appear at some point in the MCU, just not in Avengers 4.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 05:51:16 29/04/2018 by Metallo
#41 Posted: 05:56:52 29/04/2018
sign me up for a big thanos murder gangbang please

but the snap's effects could easily be undone, either with the soul or time stones.

avengers 4 title will probably be spoilery. my money's on something like "avengers: resurrection"

the kid's watched horror movies.
#42 Posted: 07:32:56 29/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Can't we all agree that ebony maw is the best hypeman in the universe
#43 Posted: 11:57:12 29/04/2018

Rabbit

and Okoye. Okoye lived.

- - -

I know? She goes under survivors.

F,IDIMS

but the snap's effects could easily be undone, either with the soul or time stones.

avengers 4 title will probably be spoilery. my money's on something like "avengers: resurrection"

Nah, that's too generic and bland. It might be Infinity Gauntlet, as Zoe Saldana referred to A4 as that, but even that might have been debunked by Disney.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:06:49 29/04/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
#44 Posted: 15:39:08 29/04/2018

Maybe not that simple of a title, but definitely something in that ballpark.

Also, I really don't think the Soul or Time Stones would be enough to undo that scale of destruction on their own, they'd need to be backed up by the other Stones. And keep in mind that it takes an incredibly powerful user to wield all of the Stones to their full potential without something going horribly wrong. The only heroes who may be on that scale are Thor and Vision, and Vision's dead.

Of course, producer Kevin Feige has confirmed that Captain Marvel will be the most powerful MCU hero yet, so it's a fair bet that she'll be able to wield them too.

This is not a dude. You're a dude.

This....This is a man.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:42:33 29/04/2018 by Metallo
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#45 Posted: 16:22:17 29/04/2018
I really loved Starlord in the movie, ngl. He was funny, yes, but...

him trying to kill Gamora and him wailing on Thanos were my favorite scenes in the movie. The latter might be criticized for him acting stupidly, but I see that as him not being able to handle his own emotions. It’s very analogous to the scene where he shoots the **** out of Ego after being told be killed his mother. Both times, his senseless violence didn’t stop the threat
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#46 Posted: 16:52:37 29/04/2018
I-I just need to mentally reprocess this

The entire film I was going, woah, wow and laughing, and then the ending scene I just, fell

It's like, what just happened

My best guess is that they are going to use the timestone to reverse the effects of everything, since we do know that the Time Stone can reverse death.

Also I started crying when Groot died
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#47 Posted: 17:45:51 29/04/2018 | Topic Creator
so is shuri dead? Her body just kinda limped and was never seen again

- - -
#48 Posted: 17:47:04 29/04/2018
so is shuri dead? Her body just kinda limped and was never seen again

- - -

I guess

Also, "Why is Gamora"

-------
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#49 Posted: 18:01:09 29/04/2018 | Topic Creator
I don't see how anybody can use the time stone to bring everyone back. Dr strange used his magic power stuff to use it in a place where time doesn't exist so I feel like only he could do it. but he's kinda dead so.....

One liner
#50 Posted: 18:18:39 29/04/2018
I don't see how anybody can use the time stone to bring everyone back. Dr strange used his magic power stuff to use it in a place where time doesn't exist so I feel like only he could do it. but he's kinda dead so.....

One liner

Yeah, but Thanos used to time stone to bring back Vision so he could get the mind stone

Another one liner
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me