Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Who would you like to compose a score for a new Spyro game?
Page 1 of 1
Who would you like to compose a score for a new Spyro game?
DannySleepTalks Green Sparx Gems: 233
#1 Posted: 04:46:56 16/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Suppose after the Reignited trilogy, we get a new game altogether (fingers crossed.), if you could pick any composer, music artist, or group to write and perform the soundtrack for a Spyro game, who would you choose?

Some I would find interesting...

Rebecca Kneubuhl and Gabriel Mann on a Classic Spyro game. Yes, they're the composers for TLoS, so that may sound odd to anyone who isn't familiar with more of their work, but they've done everything from Barbie to Dawn of the Croods to One-on-One to Timeshift, not to mention their work with Spiralmouth on the Crash Bandicoot series, so they are extremely multitalented.

Stewart Copeland is a given, but it would also be cool if we could somehow reunite The Police and get Sting and Summers in on it too!

What about you guys? Obviously, they can be as farfetched as you'd like, so shoot!
---
Look what you made me do, look what you made me do, look what you just made me do, look what you just made me do - Taylor Swift
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#2 Posted: 06:53:35 16/04/2018
If not Stewart Copeland, then it should be Mr. Modez Pineapple instead
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#3 Posted: 11:55:13 16/04/2018
I have no idea. I know that I wouldn't want Rebecca again, I'm not really big on orchestra themes in videogames, I find them to be forgettable.

And I doubt that we will ever get Stewart Copeland back again, it would be nice to hear some fresh Spyro-esque music from him, but he'd probably charge them too much.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#4 Posted: 19:03:57 16/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I have no idea. I know that I wouldn't want Rebecca again, I'm not really big on orchestra themes in videogames, I find them to be forgettable.

And I doubt that we will ever get Stewart Copeland back again, it would be nice to hear some fresh Spyro-esque music from him, but he'd probably charge them too much.

Nononono, you see, Rebecca has a very wide range of musical talents. Not just orchestra. A TLoS-style soundtrack would probably be strange on a Classic Spyro game, yeah, but if you've heard more of her and Gabriel's work, you'd get a batter idea of what I'm talking about. :-)
---
Look what you made me do, look what you made me do, look what you just made me do, look what you just made me do - Taylor Swift
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#5 Posted: 20:14:05 16/04/2018
I think Rebecca and Gabriel actually do VERY memorable orchestra and choir which is a rarity(then again, they do have to work with loops in the songs), but iirc they split up, so you'll probably have only one or the other.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#6 Posted: 20:27:39 16/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
I think Rebecca and Gabriel actually do VERY memorable orchestra and choir which is a rarity(then again, they do have to work with loops in the songs), but iirc they split up, so you'll probably have only one or the other.

Oh yes, if I gave off the wrong impression, I love Becky and Gabe's orchestra/TLoS soundtracks to death, I just meant to say that they are also perfectly capable of composing entirely different styles befitting a Classic Spyro game.

They've worked together as recently as 2017 on Dawn of the Croods. They sometimes compose scores together, and sometimes separately, but they still work together.
---
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#7 Posted: 20:31:33 16/04/2018
Quote: Bifrost

oh, yeah, they have not split up, they just advertise their separate work more often. matter of fact, they at least contribute a little something to the majority of the TV work that they do.

as a fun fact, because I am obsessed with these two, and their music is amazing (they've been at this since the nineties) they both co-won Asylum Studios, so that's why they still stay a team as well...!
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me