Forum

Poll

Favourite Upgrade Path: Bad Juju
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Any Warriors fans still around here (the book series)
Page 1 of 1
Any Warriors fans still around here (the book series)
DarkCynder_543 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4871
#1 Posted: 08:33:42 14/04/2018 | Topic Creator
I remember the site used to be filled with Warriors fans (the book series about cats by Erin Hunter). Just wondering if any are still around to discuss this awesome childhood book series. c:

I know it's still going and should die, but boy were they good.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1300
#2 Posted: 11:39:39 14/04/2018
My friend really enjoys the series

I've been trying to get him to join the site, but no dice
---
Why Rei, WWWHHHYYYYY
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4477
#3 Posted: 23:53:20 14/04/2018
Man, you know what, those books WERE freaking good and I miss them. I just remember becoming so disappointed at the 4th story arc or so because I could almost hear the authors sighing after every page.

But maybe that's just how tired I was getting of the plot at that point, who knows. All I can say is that Bluestar is eternally the best.
#4 Posted: 00:09:15 15/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Lol the 6th series is just as bad. But yeah the 4th series was something. The books are still my childhood and I have a smol bookstand dedicated to them. Bluestar's Prophecy is still my baby. c:

I like the first series and TPOT. <3

Jayfeather 4 life I miss his huge popularity. Hollyleaf took that away from him. ;~;
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:10:05 15/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
Bolt Emerald Sparx Gems: 4289
#5 Posted: 05:08:52 16/04/2018
I've read up to the fifth arc in regards to the main series, and I think every super edition before and including Branmblestar's Storm. I've got all the manga and field guides too, and have read the first six novellas, I believe.
Loved the series as a kid, I basically grew up with it ... and I still draw some fan art today! But yeah, haven't read the sixth series, and I'm not even sure if I plan to. I think they're just dragging it on too long now.
(Still really wants to see Jingo's group come to the lake or something.)

I wish they did more with Bluestar though. I mean, the first time I read the books I loved her ... then I went through a period of hating her because she sacrificed her family for power. But then I thought that she'd be so much better as a villain, and started to like her again when I began to consider her as an anti-villain (if that's the right term)? I don't know.
---
it's no use crying over lost kittens or spilt milk
I draw stuff.
#6 Posted: 06:04:31 16/04/2018 | Topic Creator
I dunno, I never got the whole 'Bluestar sacrificed her family for power' argument because Starclan kept forcing her to do it to the point they kept giving her visions of blood. She didn't have a choice. If she didn't, ThunderClan would have been destroyed and that was all she ever got told. I blame Starclan for being too nosy. :\

Also never got the 'Thornclaw did nothing wrong' argument and was on Bluestar's side through the whole thing. Her reactions felt real to me.
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2079
#7 Posted: 15:23:53 19/04/2018
I'm interested in reading these, actually! I'm just... Swamped by how many there are. Where do I start?

I read the Wings of Fire series, and I think the author of that collaborated on Warriors? Did loads of authors club together or something to write about cats?
---
If you read my posts in a stereotypical British accent, you'll get a pretty good idea of what my inner speech sounds like!
#8 Posted: 02:07:07 22/04/2018 | Topic Creator
I'm actually not sure if the author of Wings of Fire actually help out with warriors or not. But if she does, it would be for the far later titles since she joined a lot later. But I know that she mainly helped to write the Seekers books.

Warriors is written by two authors and one author that comes up with the story, so three overall (but now four), and they went under the name Erin Hunter. I tried to get into the Wings of Fire series but just couldn't with the way it was written. But I can see the similarities. There is definitely a lot of warriors books and in all honestly. I'd say that the first and second series is really all that's worth reading. But you can continue if you want. Definitely start by publishing order, so start with the first series. Then I highly recommend Bluestar's Prophecy after you've finished the first series.
---
parisruelz12 Hunter Gems: 5971
#9 Posted: 02:30:51 22/04/2018
I’m reading the first set of books. I’m on book 3 or 4 iirc.
---
looks like ive got some things to do
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2079
#10 Posted: 19:28:19 22/04/2018
Quote: DarkCynder_543
I'm actually not sure if the author of Wings of Fire actually help out with warriors or not. But if she does, it would be for the far later titles since she joined a lot later. But I know that she mainly helped to write the Seekers books.

Warriors is written by two authors and one author that comes up with the story, so three overall (but now four), and they went under the name Erin Hunter. I tried to get into the Wings of Fire series but just couldn't with the way it was written. But I can see the similarities. There is definitely a lot of warriors books and in all honestly. I'd say that the first and second series is really all that's worth reading. But you can continue if you want. Definitely start by publishing order, so start with the first series. Then I highly recommend Bluestar's Prophecy after you've finished the first series.

Thanks! I'll add the first book to my to-read list (which is getting ridiculously long, by the way! smilie).

And regarding Wings of Fire: What do you mean about the way that it's written? I'm just asking as I found the first book hard to get into as well - between the uninteresting POV character (Clay), weird pacing (IMO) and the random violence of it all, I just don't think it is a good introduction to the series.
---
If you read my posts in a stereotypical British accent, you'll get a pretty good idea of what my inner speech sounds like!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me