darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > I think I know why it isn't coming on Switch very soon ...
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
I think I know why it isn't coming on Switch very soon ...
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#1 Posted: 19:46:06 08/04/2018 | Topic Creator
It is because of the Unreal Engine 4.
The Switch has a lot of problems with it. Dragon Quest XI needs also time to come out for Switch because of the UE4.
https://gematsu.com/2018/04/dr...unreal-engine-4
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 20:35:45 08/04/2018
Comments elsewhere said the update drops May, which gives time for a port with a few months of delay. But Acti does have budget to just pay a team that does ports to the Switch instead.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#3 Posted: 21:59:05 08/04/2018
They probably didn't have the Switch in mind when they started development so they are gonna focus on finishing the game as planned, and then when the game is close to completion, they can focus on tuning it down and optimising it for Switch. There is also the fact that TFB is handling the Switch port of N. Sane Trilogy so their hands are probably full with full-time development on Spyro and porting Crash on the side.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#4 Posted: 22:09:51 08/04/2018 | Topic Creator
^seems legit.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#5 Posted: 22:37:48 08/04/2018
I suppose I'll wait, then! smilie I won't be getting a Switch until sometime later this year anyway. There's always South Park/Crash/Sonic Mania+/Okami ports to look forward to!
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#6 Posted: 02:05:14 11/04/2018
I think the reason a Switch version wasn't revealed is because Nintendo is going to reveal it themselves, as it's a big 3rd party release and Ninty themselves typically like to be the one's the announce them coming to Switch. Not to mention that leak on Nintendo UK, as Sess pointed out.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#7 Posted: 07:40:36 12/04/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I think the reason a Switch version wasn't revealed is because Nintendo is going to reveal it themselves, as it's a big 3rd party release and Ninty themselves typically like to be the one's the announce them coming to Switch. Not to mention that leak on Nintendo UK, as Sess pointed out.

this....though there's ALSO a slim possibility they want to add some kind of amiibo support and/or a Spyro amiibolander ( or Skymiibo for those of you who prefer that weird sounding term ) hybrid figure ( I say hybrid as opposed to just an amiibo because there's no word on Skylanders being completely shelved & they wouldn't want to confuse Skylanders fans with a toy that won't work with Skylanders ). 99.999% chance that's just wishful thinking, but could still be part of the reason the Switch version wasn't announced with the PS4 & Xbox One versions.
SuperCharger95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#8 Posted: 02:11:20 17/04/2018
Going off what I know, Snake Pass was made using Unreal Engine and the Switch was able to handle it just fine so I think Spyro will have no trouble on the Switch. Additionally, it'd be a dumb idea to not port it to the Switch. If Crash can get ported to it, so can Spyro.
#9 Posted: 17:45:56 17/04/2018
True, but remember, Nintendo UK did "accidentally" list it on their website, so that means it may be coming but we don't know when yet. My guess is that Nintendo wants to announce the game themselves during a future Nintendo Direct, just like they did with Crash Bandicoot.
DannySleepTalks Green Sparx Gems: 233
#10 Posted: 20:18:29 17/04/2018
^ It's quite likely. Also considering the fact that this was Nintendo UK, it may be that the American branch was meant to deliver this news, since Spyro is a US franchise, and the UK branch is just trying to cover up their mistake so Nintendo of America can still make their huge reveal.
---
Look what you made me do, look what you made me do, look what you just made me do, look what you just made me do - Taylor Swift
#11 Posted: 18:49:16 18/04/2018
Don't forget Yooka Laylee runs on Unreal Engine and it runs well on Switch and it quite large as well.

Although it might be a different version of Unreal, I wouldn't be sure.

edit: Never mind, YKL is on The Unity engine
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:29:31 18/04/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
#12 Posted: 20:26:31 18/04/2018
^Most games in HD that look cartoony will more than likely use the Unreal Engine 4, which is being supported for the Switch. And I looked here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyro_Reignited_Trilogy and I saw that it may be running Unreal Engine 4, so it's still a possibility. All they would have to do to port it to the console, is lower the maximum resolution to 1080 instead of 4K
#13 Posted: 21:20:13 18/04/2018
I just I hope it come sand release same time as PS4 and Xbox... ;~;
---
#14 Posted: 22:11:17 18/04/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Even if it doesn't, I doubt you'd have to wait too long before it does.

I mean, if anything, it'd be out before the end of the year. Although, I'd expect it to be released same time as the other consoles. I'm half expecting it to be revealed during the announcement of Spyro 2.
---
#15 Posted: 22:32:42 18/04/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Even if it doesn't, I doubt you'd have to wait too long before it does.

I mean, if anything, it'd be out before the end of the year. Although, I'd expect it to be released same time as the other consoles. I'm half expecting it to be revealed during the announcement of Spyro 2.

My thoughts exactly, more than likely it will be announced at E3, could be wrong on this one.
#16 Posted: 22:35:31 18/04/2018
If not E3, I can definitely see it being announced at a future Nintendo Direct. smilie

Funny you should mention that, Nintendo mostly does E3 directs every year, if not this direct, maybe another one down the line. smilie
#17 Posted: 22:49:40 18/04/2018
Typically their new games are announced on their Digital E3 events. Odds are either the next Nintendo Direct (Possibly this month or May) or during said Digital Event in June.
---
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#18 Posted: 23:01:33 18/04/2018
Woah, woah, woah. I just want to clear some things up. Yooka-Laylee runs on Unity, and it's Unity thats had problems running on switch that required an optimisation update

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/...by-unity-issues

but Spyro runs in Unreal Engine 4, yes
#19 Posted: 23:11:34 18/04/2018
Yeah, Unity and UE3 are the ones that are no deal on the Switch without a porting company. UE4 already had games but Reignited has several months to get that sorted out if there are porting issues.
---
#20 Posted: 23:14:28 18/04/2018
Quote: Bryman04
Woah, woah, woah. I just want to clear some things up. Yooka-Laylee runs on Unity, and it's Unity thats had problems running on switch that required an optimisation update

What about Unreal Engine 4 then? How has Switch been with that (Outside of OP's article)

I looked it up earlier today and Shiggy himself that Nintendo has mastered Unreal 4 for Switch.
---
#21 Posted: 06:15:01 20/04/2018
Quote: Bryman04

Yes, and let's not also forget, Nintendo of Japan is developing a new Yoshi game that also runs Unreal Engine 4. So if Nintendo can master Unreal 4 for their game, Toys for Bob can too.
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#22 Posted: 11:30:18 12/05/2018
I think why they're holding off is because Spyro will be announced for Smash.
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#23 Posted: 23:06:37 14/05/2018
TIMED PALYSTATION ESCLUSIVE
---
THE END IS NEAR
#24 Posted: 23:46:09 14/05/2018
Quote: nitendofan92
TIMED PALYSTATION ESCLUSIVE

Okay... If you say so, why are Xbox One preorders up. This may not be a timed exclusive like Crash was
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#25 Posted: 00:37:31 15/05/2018
I wouldn’t doubt what has been stated multiple times between the trailer, the official site, the interviews, the preorders and the social media.
Besides, they’d have no reason to hide the fact it’s actually a PlayStation exclusive even if a timed one; the other way around sure, as they’d encourage more people to go for the PS4 to play it, but faking the fact it’s multiplatform wouldn’t benefit anyone.

I’m confident it’ll come out for the Switch and even the PC, eventually, if Crash did.
It’s just that Nintendo like to do things their way, and are probably waiting for the right moment to drop the big announcement.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#26 Posted: 00:39:43 15/05/2018
Quote: Drek95
I wouldn’t doubt what has been stated multiple times between the trailer, the official site, the interviews, the preorders and the social media.
Besides, they’d have no reason to hide the fact it’s actually a PlayStation exclusive even if a timed one; the other way around sure, as they’d encourage more people to go for the PS4 to play it, but faking the fact it’s multiplatform wouldn’t benefit anyone.

I’m confident it’ll come out for the Switch and even the PC, eventually, if Crash did.
It’s just that Nintendo like to do things their way, and are probably waiting for the right moment to drop the big announcement.

It might not be revealed till later because Spyro might be in Smash.
---
#27 Posted: 00:57:01 15/05/2018
That’s also a possibility, especially if the leak which predicted the new Nintendo Online Service’s announcement keeps proving itself true.
They might even have Amiibos planned for him and Crash for all we know.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#28 Posted: 01:19:14 15/05/2018
That’s also a possibility, especially if the leak which predicted the new Nintendo Online Service’s announcement keeps proving itself true.
They might even have Amiibos planned for him and Crash for all we know.

Yeah, possibly.
---
#29 Posted: 17:27:30 12/06/2018
So Nintendo's E3 direct was recent and the leak was wrong. Spyro was not announced for Nintendo Switch in there. It's just so disappointing that Nintendo just ignored Spyro's presence...
#30 Posted: 12:31:06 23/06/2018
Posting this here as well:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Har...394708344999937

Even though the patch hasn’t been released yet, and even then a mere trailer would’t mean a lot, a simple Switch logo added at the end of it woukd basically confirm it’s release there.
We won’t have to wait much longer to find out.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#31 Posted: 13:25:09 27/06/2018
A bit late, but last week Jordan Fridge made a video about Reignited on Switch. He pretty much says that TfB has indeed confirmed that there are plans for the game to come to Switch and PC, but they want to finish the PS4 and Xbox versions first or at least get the bulk of those done before they begin the other ports.

---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:27:36 27/06/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
#32 Posted: 14:30:10 27/06/2018
Considering that previous post looks fake, what else do we have as proof of that?
---
#33 Posted: 14:54:13 27/06/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Considering that previous post looks fake, what else do we have as proof of that?

Outside of the above video, all I would say is the Nintendo UK listing, but for all we know that could just be some insane coincidental listing that wasn't real.

Buuut even then, don't need proof. With how well the Switch is selling and the obvious strong demand for the port, it will inevitably will come, likely early next year.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:55:56 27/06/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
#34 Posted: 03:36:04 28/06/2018
Canadian Guy Eh got a review copy of N. Sane Trilogy on Switch and found out that the rumor was false. the Spyro trailer was NOT on the switch port.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#35 Posted: 03:47:24 28/06/2018
Oof. That sucks
Spock Green Sparx Gems: 115
#36 Posted: 01:21:42 09/07/2018
Taking into account that the Switch is a fairly new platform and the sheer size of RT, I'd bet the Switch either didn't exist or was still pre-release when production of RT begun.
The real question is, will it be released for the Switch at a later time?
#37 Posted: 02:10:49 09/07/2018
Quote: Spock
Taking into account that the Switch is a fairly new platform and the sheer size of RT, I'd bet the Switch either didn't exist or was still pre-release when production of RT begun.
The real question is, will it be released for the Switch at a later time?

Pretty much. Production on the Switch and PC versions should start a little before the full game goes gold, in fact, it may have even started now. Odds are we'll get it early next year around Jan-March. Perhaps we'll get a Christmas release but I don't think it's likely.

Jordan Frindge made a video on Reignited on Switch and actually talked about how he went to a Spyro TfB event at a hotel, and one of the questions asked by a guest was 'Will it come to Switch?" and Their answer was 'We want to make Reignited the absolute best game is could possibly be before we start the Switch and PC versions."

So, what they said was pretty much a yes, but it will not release at the same time as PS4 and Xbox.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:11:40 09/07/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
#38 Posted: 08:38:42 09/07/2018
I’ll have to re-watch the video just to be sure, but I think that was just his educated assumption based on what they told him rather than a direct confirmation.
More like “right now we want to focus on making the PS4 and XBOX ONE versions of the Reignited Trilogy the best experience possible”, kinda like how they used to answer back with Skylanders.

That being said I have no doubt it will come to Switch (and possibly PC) eventually, if anything just because of how well the N. Sane Trilogy’s portings have sold recently.
Have to admit I would have expected it to be available at launch but the explanation above does make a lot of sense and I simply never though about that before.

Perhaps they are also thinking about some specific way to promote the porting, such as releasing a proper demo on the Switch version of Crash’s remakes after Spyro’s will be out.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#39 Posted: 11:59:46 09/07/2018
I’ll have to re-watch the video just to be sure, but I think that was just his educated assumption based on what they told him rather than a direct confirmation.
More like “right now we want to focus on making the PS4 and XBOX ONE versions of the Reignited Trilogy the best experience possible”, kinda like how they used to answer back with Skylanders.

That being said I have no doubt it will come to Switch (and possibly PC) eventually, if anything just because of how well the N. Sane Trilogy’s portings have sold recently.
Have to admit I would have expected it to be available at launch but the explanation above does make a lot of sense and I simply never though about that before.

Perhaps they are also thinking about some specific way to promote the porting, such as releasing a proper demo on the Switch version of Crash’s remakes after Spyro’s will be out.

It's possible that it was just his educated assumption, but based on the question that was asked, it make sense for TfB to say "Before we start the Switch and PC version". Because if the just said the first part, they would be pretty much avoiding the question with an answer that vaguely connects.
---
#40 Posted: 17:28:20 19/07/2018
Today the official website did "leak" the switch port so we MIGHT get an announcement at the SDCC panel tonight.

Link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/MagicCraft...981711776591873
#41 Posted: 17:59:03 19/07/2018
Quote: SuperCharger95
Today the official website did "leak" the switch port so we MIGHT get an announcement at the SDCC panel tonight.

Link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/MagicCraft...981711776591873

Hmmm, interesting. This actually goes with a brief chat I had with Pez on Twitter.

Link here.

https://twitter.com/MarshadowM...355470648299521
---
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#42 Posted: 18:02:40 19/07/2018
I honestly have no doubt at this point that it IS coming to the Switch at some point, it's just the matter of when that worries me. I've already accepted that I probably won't be able to get it at release due to not having a PS4 or Xbox, I just hope I don't have to wait too long.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:03:15 19/07/2018 by wanderist
#43 Posted: 00:03:05 20/07/2018
Well, they finally caught the mistake and removed it. But supposedly according to Pez, we may get more news this weekend. Keyword being SUPPOSEDLY
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me