darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > I'm annoyed of the people who are thinking..
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
I'm annoyed of the people who are thinking..
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#51 Posted: 16:49:44 09/04/2018
The guy is trying to apply color palette for CHARACTERS on whole screenshots. That's not how you tutorial. When the entire level is a point of interest, you can make it pretty and complex, that's ok as long as it's not so busy you get lost(not the case here, green is clearly popping through and even the bushes are a lighter shade so they're separate from the floor). When it's a single important area to go to, like the main dungeon path, that place is better highlighted, which is not the case for Reignited.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:50:29 09/04/2018 by Bifrost
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#52 Posted: 17:10:16 09/04/2018
There's a number of people on the Reddit that are just like "The lighting is broken! Plz to fix the lighting so Spyro stays the exact same shade of purple in all lighting!"

And I'm just... flabbergasted...

Do...

...DO any of these people know how LIGHT works????? hdgjksldglhjksdghjsa
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#53 Posted: 01:50:58 10/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Skybox seems the word of the year for the elitists.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#54 Posted: 01:53:00 10/04/2018
Someone should do Gru's plan except he's a spyro elitists
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#55 Posted: 02:55:03 10/04/2018
I love how they ignore the fact that the 'spyroscope' exist and they are going as far as making the levels the same and even character placements as well as getting major voice actors back and still keeping the original music. But nope Toasty has blue roofs instead of red and a character is wearing a hat, therefore it is bad. They didn't even have to make it close to the original or even bring back the old voice actors or even use classic Spyro's design. Heck they could have turned it into a spinoff on Skyro instead.

Also love how they act like they know how game making works. Spyro is the wrong shade of purple!!! No thats just the lighting honey. Game engines can do some crazy stuff with lighting. The reflections in kingdom hearts made Sora's eyes green and as a result people made some crazy theories over it.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:58:05 10/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#56 Posted: 04:39:33 10/04/2018
They could change Toasty’s roofs to red for the sake of variety, but the complaints about the skyboxes are quite laughable to say the least.
Those (including the rooftiles, to be honest) are differences which won’t be noticed when playing the game.

Crash already proved that it’s nice to make comparisons to check the the degree of faithfulness but in the end it’s completely useless.
Think I’ll kinda go with “vibes” for this game, which is why I love how Artisans’ World looks but am not a fan of Beast Makers.
Blowhard and High Caves are also quite different from their originals selves, with the windmills and the dark rocks, but the general atmosphere of the levels is preserved and that’s what matters the most to me.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:40:06 10/04/2018 by Drek95
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#57 Posted: 09:35:38 20/04/2018
Phew, glad to see I’m not the only one who’s embarrassed by some of r/Spyro’s ‘improvements’. The thing is, there are actually some good points buried in there: I think subtitling the game, for example, is a justified and sensible suggestion. But asking TFB to REDESIGN Spyro THIS LATE IN DEVELOPMENT is ridiculous! Have fun getting downvoted into oblivion for actually pointing that out, though.
#58 Posted: 12:20:40 20/04/2018
I’m not a fan of it either, but I didn’t find the trailer’s blur to be annoying.
Doubt they’ll abuse it in the actual game.

As I’ve said in the other criticism-discussion topic, I agree that not all of those complaints are ridiculous or nostalgia-driven: certain skyboxes and atmospheres could be improved (not sure if TfB could actually tweak them, though), some details could be adjusted to better stick to the source material and the music could use some louder bass... But everything else?

Just because certain aspects, like Spyro’s model or some architecture and colors, aren’t identical to their PS1 counterparts doesn’t mean they are bad; some of those choices are actually an improvement to me.
It’s clear TfB is approaching these remakes in a very different way from how V.V.’s approached Crash’s, not only in terms of “realism” but especially because of how much they are reinterpreting the rather vague and stylized original designs.
It’s not how I expected these remakes to turn out, but it’s probably a better and almost necessary approach.

I think Gateway to Glimmer and Year of the Dragon will look much closer to their original versions, due to them leaving less to the imagination and presenting more plausible and themed locations.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:43:48 20/04/2018 by Drek95
#59 Posted: 20:44:23 20/04/2018
Quote: TheJMAN184
I really don't get the criticism towards the game's improvements. I guess if you want to be nitpicky (which the internet loves to do) then you could find problems everywhere and details that are not in line with the originals. But then the real question is... why would want everything to be the same?

Completely agree.
I do not want to play the exact same games I played dozens of times, I simply want to get the same feelings and re-visit the same locations in terms of level design and general atmosphere.
I absolutely want TfB to take advantage of the modern advencements like they are doing, while still managing to keep the cartoony and whimsical style and mood.

Not sure this is the best topic to post it, but I feel like it might balance the criticism a bit.
Just look at the Green Wizard’s death animation in this GIF:

[User Posted Image]

I don’t think this was discussed anywhere else, but the fact this is so faithful to the original animation (despite it still being different, mind it) to the point I can almost hear the same sound effect is incredible, in my opinion.
Crash’s enemies basically died by either shrinking down while disappearing in a cloud of smoke or because they got spun away; most of Spyro’s ones have unique and creative death animations and this makes hope they got all of them right (come to think of it the boar in Beast Maker’s has kept its animation as well, but it’s a bit less evident).

To me these touches make up for the majority of the other differences and really help bringing back the magic of the original titles.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:55:56 20/04/2018 by Drek95
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#60 Posted: 06:30:30 22/04/2018
The whole point of a remake is to improve upon the game, not make the exact same game with the sad limitations and less attention to detail.

Half of the edits I saw actually took out so much detail that all I got was,

"HOW DARE INSOMNIAC APPROVE OF MORE DETAILS THAT THEY WOULD'VE LIKED ORIGINALLY!?"

And "HOW DARE BRICKS LOOK LIKE OLD BRICKS"

Considering that Toys For Bob actually got a **** load of insight from Insomniac and older staff members that used to work there.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#61 Posted: 15:39:33 22/04/2018
I think TFB will listen to a lot of the criticisms about the lighting and colorization like VV did for the N. Sane Trilogy and fix them (they've liked some fan edits on Twitter even, and I bet their reading the Spyro subreddit too), but I don't think they'll listen to all of it, obviously.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:42:14 22/04/2018 by JCW555
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#62 Posted: 15:44:08 22/04/2018
Just hope they don't change Spyro's design, outside of thinning it out, at least.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#63 Posted: 15:48:14 22/04/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Just hope they don't change Spyro's design, outside of thinning it out, at least.

I don't think they'll edit Spyro's model. I could see them altering Sparx's model a tad, but other than that, the only changes I'm expecting are lighting, colorization, and maybe texture changes, but that's it.
---
#64 Posted: 16:04:38 22/04/2018
I could see them making the blue fingers on Sparx contrast less, but the six arms are probably here to stay.
---
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#65 Posted: 16:54:00 22/04/2018
Considering that - if I recall correctly - Vicarious Visions were still tweaking lighting for the N. Sane Trilogy very close to release, I could see Toys For Bob making similar changes based on fans' critiques.

The extent to which some people are complaining is kind of ridiculous though. For example, people are taking screenshots of Toasty and complaining that he looks too pink... even though the level's lighting is very orange so it makes sense for him to appear that way. I'm not saying that there aren't weird things with it that need to be changed and it's fine to have things you dislike personally, but some people out there are acting like they could do better even though it's obvious that they barely have a grasp on color theory at all.

There's an edit of the Artisans Home where someone made all of the colors and the skybox the same as the original and it looks so bad... you can't just slap the old onto the new, it doesn't look right.

EDIT: This one actually doesn't look bad, but there are some edits from 4chan and the like that make the colors overly saturated and generally not nice to look at.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:14:58 22/04/2018 by Clank
#66 Posted: 17:26:22 22/04/2018
Quote: Clank
Considering that - if I recall correctly - Vicarious Visions were still tweaking lighting for the N. Sane Trilogy very close to release, I could see Toys For Bob making similar changes based on fans' critiques.

The extent to which some people are complaining is kind of ridiculous though. For example, people are taking screenshots of Toasty and complaining that he looks too pink... even though the level's lighting is very orange so it makes sense for him to appear that way. I'm not saying that there aren't weird things with it that need to be changed and it's fine to have things you dislike personally, but some people out there are acting like they could do better even though it's obvious that they barely have a grasp on color theory at all.

There's an edit of the Artisans Home where someone made all of the colors and the skybox the same as the original and it looks so bad... you can't just slap the old onto the new, it doesn't look right.

EDIT: This one actually doesn't look bad, but there are some edits from 4chan and the like that make the colors overly saturated and generally not nice to look at.

THAT'S a great edit. THAT'S what I want.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#67 Posted: 17:47:34 22/04/2018

Funnily enough that's one of the fan edits TFB liked on Twitter, so they obviously like it.

I bet once the Reignited Trilogy comes to PC, someone will make a mod that replaces the new skyboxes with the old ones.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:51:41 22/04/2018 by JCW555
#68 Posted: 17:56:53 22/04/2018
If TfB liked it, I wonder if they'll try to make it more like the image?
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#69 Posted: 18:20:27 22/04/2018
Maybe the 'like' is a kind of bookmark. I can imagine if they're still working on the lighting it could be a useful reference to go by.

I do like that edit, actually, but I don't like how some people are presenting them ("THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD LOOK OR ELSE" kind of stuff, I mean.) Overall I think there are some creative people out there with some fantastic improvements, but at the same time I:
1 - don't want or need the games to look exactly like they did 20 years ago. I want TFB to put their own stamp on it, and I can't imagine being overly strict with keeping everything exactly the same would be fun for them anyway. (And to explain further: I only played Spyro 1+2 for the first time last year, and haven't played 3 so the nostalgia isn't as strong with me.)
2 - don't want people to think 'bullying' developers with 'improvements' will always get the desired results. Thoughtful, well-mannered suggestions should be encouraged, but spamming the same thing online, and being mean to people who don't agree with you, isn't so great!

Spoiler-ed for rant-y-ness smilie
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#70 Posted: 22:59:46 22/04/2018
Yeah - I like the way the Reignited Trilogy looks right now, Toys For Bob offering their own twist and interpretation onto the originals is a very good sign in my opinion. But if they went more in the direction of that edit in an attempt to be more faithful, I wouldn't be opposed either. I guess I mostly wish that people could present their edits without being super snooty about it. Even the person in that tweet making the statement of "How to FIX the Spyro remake" rubs me the wrong way. :/
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
#71 Posted: 23:12:21 22/04/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Only thing they should change about Spyro's model is how the tail turns yellow when it's closer to the spike thing at the end. It doesn't look right at all. :/

Other than that, I love it. smilie

YES!!
---
#72 Posted: 00:00:17 23/04/2018
I agree, my problem with a lot of that criticism is that regardless of how constructive and reasonable it is it often comes off as “the way I fixed the game” or “this is how it should be”.
It annoyed me back with the N. Sane Trilogy and it annoys me now.
I’ve no problems with discussing personal opinions and even pointing out potential fixes the majority of us agree with, but pretending to make these remakes look exactly like the original games is simply ridiculous and shows no comprehension for TfB’s approach.

For example I do like the sky in the edit posted above and would generally appreciate if the current one looked more vibrant, but the other colors aren’t nearly as pleasant as they were with PS1 limitations, especially those regarding lighting; people in general need to get over “realistic” lighting because I’m pretty convinced the game would look unprofessional and almost unfinished without it (seeing the art direction they decided to take, and they have all the rights to do so) with the modern standsrds we are used to.
Yeah, Artisans would probably look closer to the PlayStation version if they went for daylight instead of sunset/sunrise but this is a choice I can comprehend seeing how they are trying to make the actual lighting match the sky (which is also why Tree Tops has a general green atmosphere).

I strongly hope TfB will listen to some mindful criticism, because small touches to colors and musics could improve the overall experience a lot, but I also hope they won’t blindly listen to everything they hear just to satisfy nitpickers.
Again, I can almost guarantee you that most of what’s bothering you in the screenshots we got won’t even be noticed while playing the game.
Like Spyro’s tail ending with a bit of yellow, I don’t understand this particular detail either but highly doubt it will disturb me while I’ll be running and jumping around.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#73 Posted: 02:26:38 23/04/2018
i think all in all the animation and graphics look good. mostly worried about soundtrack and voice acting changes
#74 Posted: 09:30:39 02/05/2018
Sorry if I post this here, but didn’t want to double post in the General Discussion topic for such a dumb reason and I felt like this would have been the best topic to share it with you guys:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Spyro...iggest_concern/

“I know nothing about these games, but I’ve disliked them since their debut because muh childhood”

And I thought the fear of developers using Skyro for the remakes was already ridiculous...
This is a whole new level of paranoia.

I could potentially see TfB adding the option to unlock completely optional content, such as skins or other minor stuff, by placing certain Skylanders on the portal while playing the remakes but even that sounds like an unlikely feature.

Do people even think before making these kinds of posts...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#75 Posted: 11:17:30 02/05/2018
Feels before reals. Just the guy that told the story about how he truly, *honestly* made an attempt to like Skylanders but its ugly visage of a children's game was so hateful, now all the bad things that could be said to fans of the series were justified.

I really don't feel like playing a game of "was it a redditor, youtuber, or tumblr" either.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 11:20:18 02/05/2018 by Bifrost
#76 Posted: 12:37:48 02/05/2018 | Topic Creator
I think the whole "muh childhood" topic, is stupid af.
I don't understand the whole "childhood" talking. Since the Crash N.Sane Trilogy the whole Crash/Spyro fandom is talking about "muh childhood mimimi."
I've never read about "muh childhood mimimi" if a new Mario and Sonic game is announced. That is so annoying.
---
#77 Posted: 13:13:24 02/05/2018
Trying to play devil's advocate, it's because Mario has never been in trouble. There will be other games, they will be handled with care; meanwhile, we can thank Vivendi for putting Crash and Spyro through ordeals and developer change after developer change, and not having more of those games, ever, is a real fear.

That does not give anyone justification to go "**** off legend***s no one likes your games" or "you don't know real games if you like skylanders" and other niceties said by some people. But bitterness and associating your happiness solely wkth these games can make you say some stupid things.

I left the asterisks on myself. Someone actually calls LoS fans that.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:14:10 02/05/2018 by Bifrost
#78 Posted: 14:14:49 02/05/2018
Agree, it probably boils down to how inconsistent both Spyro and Crash have ben over the years, compared to other famous franchises such as Mario or Zelda which have managed to keep an overall constant quality while still staying true to their core nature.
Even though I found out many people initially disliked the leap from 2D to 3D, claiming that both series would have been ruined by it, which is simply funny considering the success this choice brought over the years.

I’d be almost inclined to believe it’s a result of how Nintendo handles their properties but I’m sure there are other examples outside the most famous ones.

Come to think of it, it might also explain why said series are less inclined to being rebooted or remade (if not for conservation sake), the “story” just keeps going on while following technical and cultural developments.

The N. Sane and Reignited Trilogies are exciting on their own but what truly hypes me up is the possibility of both Activision and TfB/V.V. finally understanding how to deal with those series properly, correctly balancing classic gameplay and innovations.
Hoping to see the first glimpse of this future as soon as next year.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:18:28 02/05/2018 by Drek95
#79 Posted: 02:35:02 13/07/2018 | Topic Creator
I'm the only one who is liking the old Spyro fandom more as the new one?
I feel uncomfortable with the whole new people who are joining the fandom and acting like they are the bosses and people who are liking the original universe Spyro games after the Insomniac trilogy, TLOS and/or Skylanders haven't any rights to say about Spyro.
It's just my impression.
---
#80 Posted: 15:00:28 13/07/2018
Quote: XSparxX
I'm the only one who is liking the old Spyro fandom more as the new one?
I feel uncomfortable with the whole new people who are joining the fandom and acting like they are the bosses and people who are liking the original universe Spyro games after the Insomniac trilogy, TLOS and/or Skylanders haven't any rights to say about Spyro.
It's just my impression.

Definitely not, and that behaviour also puts long time fans which also appreciated post-Insomniac titles in a very uncomfortable position.
The original trilogy has a special place in my heart, but why should I feel less of a fan or even straight up wrong just because I liked A Hero’s Tail, the GameBoy games or even The Legend of Spyro and Skylanders (which I don’t consider as a Spyro series but rather a series with Spyro in it)...?

I even read an article about the remakes written by a supposedly professional videogame journalist which proudly stated to have never played anything Spyro-related after the first three games.
His opinions on the Reignited Trilogy were quite positive but really, how do you expect me to give you credit when you start off which such a narrow minded statement?

Honestly hope Activision and TfB aren’t getting the wrong impression from the fanbase because I’m still convinced that’s hopefully just a very very vocal minority.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#81 Posted: 12:48:07 19/07/2018
Not only that, but until the game has been shipped, they're still going to make changes. I remember that when the Magic Crafters homeworld was leaked/shown, it came with a huge disclaimer that they're still tweaking with dynamic sound and lighting as you go from open space to caves, and I'm assuming underwater. Lighting alone can completely change the look of a level or asset.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me