Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Dream Weavers: A Spyro the Dragon Zine
Page 1 of 1
Dream Weavers: A Spyro the Dragon Zine
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1 Posted: 21:49:22 11/03/2018 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Forgot to put it up here, but I'm organising a Spyro zine project!

Dream Weavers is a fanzine celebrating the legacy of the magical world of Spyro the Dragon, both the Original and the Legend of Spyro games. The series has inspired many artists over the course of the years, creating a huge community of stories, comics, and art … which eventually inspired fans to go on and create worlds of their very own! Spyro literally weaved our dreams, and because of that we want to honour him with a zine of his very own!

This zine is a completely fan-made project and we have no affiliations with Activision. The money made from this project will be going completely towards the manufacturing and postage cost, with any leftover going towards charity (we will hold an opinion poll on what charity the community would like to donate to)!

- - -

Sorry that the announcement on here is a little late, but all you will need at the moment is just a sketch of your idea! You will have until the end of May to finish your final piece(s)!
BUT If you are interested in contributing a drawing, here's a little summary of guidelines you might need.

smilie Hey! We are celebrating the legacy of Spyro the Dragon by organising a zine dedicated to his entire franchise! Now is the perfect time more than ever to create a fanzine as the release of the Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy has renewed interest and sparked talk of a remaster for our very own purple dragon. What’s more, Spyro will be celebrating his 20th anniversary this this year! Fans are invited to create artworks of enemy torching, gem collecting, basket breaking and high flying magical adventures!

smilie SOME INFORMATION smilie

• This zine will be printed in A5 ( 148 x 210 mm / 5.8 x 8.3 inches ) portrait format!
  • Dream Weavers is celebrating the Spyro series as a WHOLE, so that includes the original games and well as the Legend of Spyro series, or even his depiction in Skylanders as well! You can even redesign him and put him in an alternate universe!
  • To submit an application you will need to provide an example of your finished artwork, as well as a thumbnail/sketch of what you’d like to draw for the zine.
  • The zine will be printed, hopefully to around 40 pages, but a PDF version will also be available for purchase afterwards.
  • The deadline for applications is 1ST OF APRIL, 2018!

Head to our Apply page to find out how to submit an application!
If you need any ideas you can head to Spyro’s character designer Charles Zembilla’s blog, check out the concept art of the Legend of Spyro series (courtesy of DragonOfIceAndFire), or go to the fansites darkSpyro (you're already here lol) and the Spyro Wiki!
Head over to the Dream Weavers blog for more information and future updates! Feel free to send through any questions if you need help or clarification with anything!
Signal boosting to spread the word will be appreciated tremendously! We’d love as much people behind this as possible!

Thank you to everyone for reading, and have fun creating!!

- - -

I've made a poll over on my deviantART regarding possible charms that I'll hopefully be able to make along with the printed zine as well. Hopefully we'll get out a charm of Spyro, Cynder, and Sparx with some gems.
If you aren't interested in making a picture it would be tremendously appreciated if you can buy a copy when they go on preorder later around July! We'll be able to get the charms out as stretch goals as well, so we can get more charms out depending on how much donations we receive!

ALSO, if anyone has any charity suggestions I'd love to hear them!
Preferably organisations where most money actually goes towards the cause.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 21:59:51 11/03/2018
Oooh, good luck with this project! I might try to plan out something, but I'm currently drawing for a contest and I don't have quite the scope of the time I'll spend doing that.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 22:06:41 11/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Ah, Thank you!
And that's totally understandable, good luck with your contest! But yeah, you just need to make a sketch for the moment (I'll probably have to make an extension for people who hear about it late anyway) and you'll have two full months after that (April and May) to finish the final picture. So hopefully that's enough time if you'd like to join in later on. c:
---
I draw stuff.
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#4 Posted: 22:44:00 11/03/2018
omg, this is so cool. I'm going to draw something for this for sure! ^_^

I'll tell some of my artist friends about it, whoo! :-)
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#5 Posted: 01:07:38 12/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Oh thank you!! Good luck!! :'D
I think I forgot to mention in the OP that each artist will get a free copy of the zine too, along with whatever charms get funded.

(I just realised all the links lead to the dA outgoing page lol. When I get off mobile I'll edit that out! Whoops!)
---
I draw stuff.
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#6 Posted: 01:48:07 12/03/2018
cant draw so no entry. but good luck!
#7 Posted: 05:17:05 12/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Aww, that's alright, thank you for the support none the less! c':
---
I draw stuff.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#8 Posted: 07:15:26 12/03/2018
I'd love to contribute but all I do is Spyro songs. I suppose I could write the lyrics on paper and then do some Spyro doodles, but that's probably not what you want, and won't fit the mood!

Can't wait to see the final product! smilie
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#9 Posted: 08:03:48 12/03/2018
hope not inappropriate here but sunny flight take not art submissions. maybe place to look if not have art skill for dream weavers?
#10 Posted: 17:59:32 12/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I'm so sorry, but we are mainly just looking for art!
But faunatic, that is a great idea! I actually didnt even realise that there was another Spyro project going on.

Thank you for the support though! Hope you can write a song for them if you're still interested, I'd love to see it!
---
I draw stuff.
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#11 Posted: 18:04:57 12/03/2018
Ooh I think I may enter! This sounds really cool so far and I like the fact that you're allowing The Legend of Spyro art too because a lot of my favourite Spyro characters are from that! Can't decide what I'll want to draw now though cause I have so many choices lol
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
#12 Posted: 20:34:55 12/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Aw, thank you so much for your interest! And yeah, I want to celebrate all of the Spyro series, so that includes everything from the classics to Skylanders (though if anyone does decide to do that please make sure Spyro's in it haha)!
You can finish up to two pieces for the zine if you have too many ideas haha.
---
I draw stuff.
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#13 Posted: 21:43:45 12/03/2018
How are you going to make the charms?
#14 Posted: 22:02:04 12/03/2018 | Topic Creator
You can order custom charms online! I'm think of using Acorn Press (you can look them up on Tumblr if you like)! They do all the manufacturing, I just have to send in my design and they'll ship the charms out to me.
---
I draw stuff.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#15 Posted: 13:26:00 25/03/2018
Sent an entry! Hopefully it'll be elegible :3
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#16 Posted: 18:55:05 25/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Aww! Awesome! Thank you so much!!
I'll have a look through them soon! I'll have to send the confirmation emails out within the next few days too.
---
I draw stuff.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me