darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > The Future of Skylanders: Discussion, Speculation and News
First | Previous | Page 6 of 6
1 2 3 4 5 6
The Future of Skylanders: Discussion, Speculation and News [STICKY]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#251 Posted: 15:39:31 22/03/2018
and the "animal crossing amiibo festival dx" is sketchy too.

also, TRU clearance sales start today. all stores should be closed by the end of june.
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#252 Posted: 15:43:07 22/03/2018
Yeah, haven't gone through the whole list in detail, just flew over it. But as we don't know from when the list is, it is said that it is from ~february or at least the data from where it's from is from february. It could also be possible that it were the names of the projects or were cancelled in the meantime or got new names, dunno.
I'd like to hang on the tiny piece of hope we have that it might be legit smilie
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:44:38 22/03/2018 by myskylanders
TTD Hunter Gems: 3950
#253 Posted: 15:46:51 22/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Hi there, myskylanders!

The list has a lot of fake sonic game titles though, I'm even more suspicious than before. The indie titles might've been bait to look believable.

Another thing that makes it more unbelievable is the deluxe version of Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, it didn't sell well nor was it received well by critics and animal crossing fans so I can't see that happening. With the Spyro remaster being listed as the "Treasure Trilogy" we'll know if this list is real soon as I'm sure the title of the game will be revealed at the same time as the game. I know from another source that it's apparently going to be called the treasure trilogy but the person who wrote this list could have just jumped on that. If, when the remaster is revealed and it has another title then we'll know that this list isn't real.

Quote: ZapNorris
and the "animal crossing amiibo festival dx" is sketchy too.

also, TRU clearance sales start today. all stores should be closed by the end of june.

Don't know if it's the same as in the US but in the UK all Skylanders will be 30% off until the stores close (all stores will close in the UK within the next 6 weeks).
---
"Oh, Brilliant." ~ The Doctor

Visit my guestbook for my Nintendo Switch Friend Code!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:49:26 22/03/2018 by TTD
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#254 Posted: 16:01:09 22/03/2018
I still hope that our stores in germany won't close.. at least for now there's no sign for a closing. :/
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
#255 Posted: 17:25:03 22/03/2018
skylanders appear to be %30 off at the US ones too.
flarewolf 34 Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#256 Posted: 06:25:42 23/03/2018
yes skylanders could be back soon
---
my youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ1A12cTLUPE1rLewjqX5Bw?view_as=subscriber
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6493
#257 Posted: 18:43:10 27/04/2018
https://blog.activision.com/t5...r/ba-p/10719915

Well, this article is more about Spyro, but that first half does not speak of Skylanders as a currently active franchise.

...I just hope the mobile game actually comes out.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1882
#258 Posted: 01:29:09 04/05/2018
So, is skylanders dead now
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#259 Posted: 01:10:37 05/05/2018
pretty much yes

[User Posted Image]
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2121
#260 Posted: 05:27:38 05/05/2018
yeap, it probably is. another promising franchise dies by the hands of Activision. Maybe in another reality Skylanders gets the treatment it really deserve (probably from a different company that actually respect the franchise and not just milk it to death). Well, at least Spyro will come back, but as long as activism still owns his IP I expect that he will die again very soon.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:39:32 05/05/2018 by omer1698
#261 Posted: 20:21:25 30/05/2018
https://www.facebook.com/Skyla...31805163719317/

The future is grim but we're not leaving empty handed. The mobile game is happening!
---
I do art!
#262 Posted: 12:57:23 03/06/2018
Bump - Skylanders Creator has been delisted despite being a fully working game, that in fact I can still open on my end because I didn't have anything better to download at the time.
---
I do art!
#263 Posted: 15:03:40 13/07/2018
Time for more sad news.

https://www.deviantart.com/rob...Cover-741739653

This is the cover for the Skylanders comic that was cancelled for no reason other than "it might be mistaken for the TV show".

[User Posted Image]

I wonder if we could ask nicely to the other artists if they still have the inks for the comic since it was clearly almost done, but even then, man I just feel angry and frustrated. I thought they just stopped ordering more comics, this is much much more stupid that they just said "no" to money and good content.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:05:44 13/07/2018 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4590
#264 Posted: 15:12:21 13/07/2018
I have no words.

What kind of dumb excuse is that, anyway?!
Is Academy considered a bad thing as well, now?

Maybe it’s just Activision wanting to focus on both Spyro and Crash as much as possible, but I don’t think cancelling a basically already completed comic was a smart decision even in that case.
With such a gorgeous and intriguing cover too!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#265 Posted: 15:17:23 13/07/2018
Skylanders as a whole is considered a bad thing. Quietly shut down every part, fire tons of people involved, official twitter is dead except for a handful of Ring of Heroes posts, which obv Activision won't advertise and didn't even let Com2us do themselves on E3 meaning they had to do it at a nearby street.

They created something they knew would be unpopular with older crowds and now they're pretending it was the franchise's fault all along, and not the shareholders. Gotta talk only of Spyro, we were totally just waiting for the right time to focus 100% on that instead of just plain not knowing how to handle it risk-free until the nostalgia remakes started to get popular. Skylanders is now risk which equals bad and we can't look directly at it.

Worst part is that we saw a piece with Bad Juju in one of the minicomic compilations, so yes, there ARE parts of this comic done. I can only hope it's not in NDA so we could at least have a taste of what could've been.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:18:13 13/07/2018 by Bifrost
Fortius54 Red Sparx Gems: 11
#266 Posted: 05:02:38 13/08/2018
Actually, I’m playing through the series again with my ten year old, and we are really enjoying it. I love Skylanders. It’s not hard, but we sit and talk about everything. I did the same thing with my daughter so Skylanders will always hold a place in my heart.

As for the future, I imagine we’ve seen the last of it for a while. I do wish though they would focus on some of the other characters besides Spyro. There are a ton of interesting stories that could be told from this group.
#267 Posted: 13:00:18 13/01/2019
https://twitter.com/COGMONKEY/...4084740/video/1

So uh... That second character is partially Hood Sickle's moveset. Guess they forgot code for Sky 7 in N.Sane.

https://twitter.com/COGMONKEY/...406587807150080

The style doesn't match but the movesets do, unless they were doing another game altogether. FireWrangler looks so good, what a shame.

(BruiserUndead looks like another god damn ghost skeleton character so don't care)
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:04:39 13/01/2019 by Bifrost
Muffin Man Emerald Sparx Gems: 3044
#268 Posted: 13:20:19 13/01/2019
Hmm...well, VV's designs have always kind of stretched the limits when it came to "fitting" in Skylanders, so I could easily see them push it a little further if they made another game.

But man, I really do hope we get another Skylanders game soon. It's officially been long enough that I'm completely past the "well, the series could probably use a break anyway" feeling that I had at first.
---
whoever reads this shall succumb to the ways of the Muffin
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 4939
#269 Posted: 13:26:29 13/01/2019
Quote: Bifrost
https://twitter.com/COGMONKEY/...4084740/video/1

So uh... That second character is partially Hood Sickle's moveset. Guess they forgot code for Sky 7 in N.Sane.

https://twitter.com/COGMONKEY/...406587807150080

The style doesn't match but the movesets do, unless they were doing another game altogether. FireWrangler looks so good, what a shame.

(BruiserUndead looks like another god damn ghost skeleton character so don't care)

Damn, the look good. Ugh, I wonder what would have been the games gimmick. sigh

And I think Bruiser is supposed to be a Zombie, with an exposed rib cage.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#270 Posted: 13:02:28 14/01/2019
I think he's an undead hockey player.

Edit: Actually he's definitely an undead hockey player. He's got the skates, mask, and a jersey. His scythe functions as his hockey stick.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:06:03 14/01/2019 by Muffin Man
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 4939
#271 Posted: 13:30:56 14/01/2019
Quote: Muffin Man
I think he's an undead hockey player.

Edit: Actually he's definitely an undead hockey player. He's got the skates, mask, and a jersey. His scythe functions as his hockey stick.

Sucks they just recycled Hood Sickle's playstyle, but no doubt it was just a placeholder. I can only IMAGINE what he actual moveset would have been like.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#272 Posted: 03:59:41 15/01/2019
I could see one of his attacks being a ghostly hockey puck, which would slide around and ricochet off of walls and enemies. Then an upgrade could give him the ability to create a hockey goal made of bones or whatever, and hitting the aforementioned puck into the goal would create a huge spectral explosion.

And maybe one of his path upgrades would involve a bunch of ghostly teammates spawning along with the goal, which would help attack enemies and hit the puck.
---
cookieeater Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#273 Posted: 04:22:18 15/01/2019
i think the gimmick could have been subclasses
---
my fursona is a hot dog
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2736
#274 Posted: 00:54:01 16/01/2019
I said this to Matteomax but I'll post my theory here.
he's the only one who sent me any of this stuff so thanks guys I don't lurk here and this is actually of interest

[User Posted Image]

Or the dust bunny could've done some paintball-esque sport too.

I know the placeholder names really don't suggest sports, but I don't think they have to be totally specific sports. Like for Bruiser you could have another contact-heavy projectile sport like football or something. They don't have to follow real rules of real sports, just be similar enough to be interchangeable for some minigames. Maybe the wolf girl would've been some kind of herder or something (hence, Wrangler). Again though, I know I could be totally off and it's mostly the first two points making me think about this.

If the gimmick was just gonna be subclasses without a coherent theme, that sounds kinda lame, but eh depending on execution it could've been better than having too much gimmick focus as we did TT-onwards. It's just that we've had more powerful landers with special weapons/classes and no overarching theme three times now (I don't really count Traptanium Weapons as an important theme, Traptanium contributes to TT's identity but is of little interest on the 'landers who just have weapons made of it), and for all the problems with vehicles, they helped give SC a thematic identity (where Senseis or Swappers did not). Giants I'd consider important thematically to that game with all the ancient stuff in it (and because it's basically a sloppy SA expansion pack, nixes that a little bit) and it really changed their gameplay so they don't feel like just "powerful characters" (they are, yeah, but it doesn't feel like they were just picked for that for nothing, you can feel the influence of the theme in all of them and they have enough flourishes and lore).
Anyway, I don't think cores would've been able to open gates again though, which is still most irksome to me and really exacerbated the push for gimmicks and made them feel so unimportant. Core gates seemed to have been buried by higher ups and then both developers sidestepped it/were told to just cut them more than tried fighting back.

I think the bunny is a bit of a textural mess even though I like the shapes (and the colors are okay), I love the hockey guy (really fun shapes, really cool mood and features) and I like the wolf (a bit plain but we never get mounts). But mkay where's the sand monster and spider humbleego.
In all seriousness, I'm very sad I can never play as hockey man, and kinda that a similar mount didn't make the cut.
---
Quote: ThefirstNapkin
You'll always be the OG Jojo fan here
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:10:09 16/01/2019 by Drawdler
ThunderEgg Green Sparx Gems: 481
#275 Posted: 16:56:32 16/01/2019
The gimmick: they give you back money if you 'buy' a Skylander.
---
I AM ETERNAL!
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3763
#276 Posted: 20:06:30 06/04/2019
At this point, a Skylanders game that had some sort of open world feeling that combined all of the realms and gimmicks of previous Skylanders games would be so cool. I would love it if they just restarted the series in a way, having 20-40 new cores and rereleasing some old figures so new players could start fresh to the series and old players could have a feel for the past. It would probably be more successful than most of the new gimmicks they try, to be honest.

And for the love of god, please just return the original styles of the bottoms of figures. Superchargers and Imaginators just felt too outlandish from Skylanders, to be honest.
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1616
#277 Posted: 18:59:03 11/04/2019
https://twitter.com/OfficialLa...376517842472960

twitter videos, man...
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
ThunderEgg Green Sparx Gems: 481
#278 Posted: 02:35:02 12/04/2019
SNANS
---
I AM ETERNAL!
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 5569
#279 Posted: 05:29:34 12/04/2019
Quote: Swap Force Fan
At this point, a Skylanders game that had some sort of open world feeling that combined all of the realms and gimmicks of previous Skylanders games would be so cool. I would love it if they just restarted the series in a way, having 20-40 new cores and rereleasing some old figures so new players could start fresh to the series and old players could have a feel for the past. It would probably be more successful than most of the new gimmicks they try, to be honest.

And for the love of god, please just return the original styles of the bottoms of figures. Superchargers and Imaginators just felt too outlandish from Skylanders, to be honest.

I know this is late as hell, but with the failure of Starlink and its toys, I think we can say that if there's ever a Skylanders 7/reboot/remake, it'll be toyless. Starlink's failure put the final nail in the coffin for Toys-to-Life games unfortunately smilie .
---
"What will you say, what will you say, what will you say when God turns away"
Motörhead - When The Sky Comes Looking For You - Bad Magic (2015)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:31:27 12/04/2019 by JCW555
First | Previous | Page 6 of 6
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me