darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > The Future of Skylanders: Discussion, Speculation and News
First | Previous | Page 5 of 6 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
The Future of Skylanders: Discussion, Speculation and News [STICKY]
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3992
#201 Posted: 21:40:32 18/02/2018
Quote: Muffin Man
While Skylanders technically has online multiplayer and "games as a service" aspects, I don't think they would be mentioning those things before everything else if they were just making another regular Skylanders game. It sounds more like we'll be getting an MMO styled game with lots of DLC and microtransactions. Which could still be a Skylanders game, but it would be a completely different kind of Skylanders game.

The Legend of Skylanders: Breath of the DLC
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
ZapNorris Emerald Sparx [online] Gems: 4517
#202 Posted: 03:11:01 19/02/2018

- - -
---
It cannot be inherited. Nor can it ever be purchased. I have earned it with my blood, sweat and tears. I own it forever. The title: Mushroom Hunter.
CountMoneyBone Gold Sparx Gems: 2694
#203 Posted: 17:32:39 19/02/2018
LOL!....

[User Posted Image]

Quote: ninja9351
I'd also like to say that this job listing here-http://jobs.gamasutra.com/job/sr-executive-producer-toys-for-bob-novato-california-32451 (no longer available at TFB's website) is very interesting.

It specifically mentions that this is a Game as a Service (Gaas) game.

I had to look up what that means, but essentially it's just a game that receives post-launch support in an effort to maintain an audience. This can be through microtransactions, DLC, or even free updates in an attempt to drive new sales. Technically speaking, Skylanders is a GaaS. That being said, almost every Activision game is a GaaS at this point in time. (Destiny, CoD, Skylanders, all of King's games, all of Blizzard's games)

Just something else that's worth taking note of.

you should also take not that in the later months companyes have gone from 'game as serivce' to 'live services'... it basically means always online where you can not play offline and they can monetizes a game forever.

some links here you can see the change in wording happen...
https://venturebeat.com/2017/0...mpanys-success/
https://www.usgamer.net/articl...ames-for-longer
https://www.tweaktown.com/news...ings/index.html
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:43:31 19/02/2018 by Buuzer
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4024
#204 Posted: 20:47:44 20/02/2018
the advantage is you get more content well after the release of the game
---
THE END IS NEAR
#205 Posted: 21:00:59 20/02/2018
I'd also like to say that this job listing here-http://jobs.gamasutra.com/job/sr-executive-producer-toys-for-bob-novato-california-32451 (no longer available at TFB's website) is very interesting.

I had to look up what that means, but essentially it's just a game that receives post-launch support in an effort to maintain an audience. This can be through microtransactions, DLC, or even free updates in an attempt to drive new sales. Technically speaking, Skylanders is a GaaS. That being said, almost every Activision game is a GaaS at this point in time. (Destiny, CoD, Skylanders, all of King's games, all of Blizzard's games)

listen, kid. you're the only one here who still hasn't realized it, so allow me to put this in a way you'll understand.

WE'RE NOT GETTING A NEW GAME THIS YEAR.
---
It cannot be inherited. Nor can it ever be purchased. I have earned it with my blood, sweat and tears. I own it forever. The title: Mushroom Hunter.
Chompy-King257 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1987
#206 Posted: 21:03:23 20/02/2018
Quote: ZapNorris

listen, kid. you're the only one here who still hasn't realized it, so allow me to put this in a way you'll understand.

WE'RE NOT GETTING A NEW GAME THIS YEAR.

Jesus, lay off him, will you?

If he wants to believe it, let him. It's his choice. He can think whatever he thinks and you should respect that.
---
"Today sucks, but tomorrow might not. Only one way to find out - be there."
I write short horror stories. Message me if you're interested.
#207 Posted: 21:08:18 20/02/2018
if the ideology spreads, then false news spreads, and we get a bunch of people going at acti's throat for nothing, and nobody needs that.

i'm doing us a favor.
---
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 5659
#208 Posted: 21:11:47 20/02/2018
Hey remember when a mod told you to cut that out
---
I do art!
Those who called us mad, are you listening? (...) Your future is a farce! You have none!
Chompy-King257 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1987
#209 Posted: 21:14:01 20/02/2018
if the ideology spreads, then false news spreads, and we get a bunch of people going at acti's throat for nothing, and nobody needs that.

i'm doing us a favor.

No, you really aren't.

He isn't saying that there definitely WILL be a Skylanders game. He just taking note of this fact and suggesting it as a potential possibility.

Meanwhile, you're forcing your ideas on everyone and acting like people can't have their own opinions.

I don't want to argue with you, as I consider you a good friend, but you really need to stop acting like everything you say is fact and everyone else is wrong.

Maturity =/= Authority
---
"Today sucks, but tomorrow might not. Only one way to find out - be there."
I write short horror stories. Message me if you're interested.
#210 Posted: 21:42:12 20/02/2018
Obliterated, and he avoided the usual kind of tasteless joke that comes with that character. A BBQ worthy simmer.

On topic, I wonder if this rumored March event might have skylanders mobile news? Gotta announce that somewhere.
---
I do art!
Those who called us mad, are you listening? (...) Your future is a farce! You have none!
kaosmumishot Gold Sparx Gems: 2999
#211 Posted: 00:41:12 21/02/2018
Would it be better or worse for the potential of another console game in the coming years if the mobile game doesn't go ahead or bombs badly if it does proceed?
#212 Posted: 00:42:17 21/02/2018
Quote: kaosmumishot
Would it be better or worse for the potential of another console game in the coming years if the mobile game doesn't go ahead or bombs badly if it does proceed?

It shouldn't affect anything because it's a mobile game you're trying to offer to console players - limitations of the plataform included, but they'll find an excuse.
---
I do art!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3992
#213 Posted: 19:31:07 21/02/2018
Quote: Chompy-King257

i'm doing us a favor.

No, you really aren't.

He isn't saying that there definitely WILL be a Skylanders game. He just taking note of this fact and suggesting it as a potential possibility.

Meanwhile, you're forcing your ideas on everyone and acting like people can't have their own opinions.

I don't want to argue with you, as I consider you a good friend, but you really need to stop acting like everything you say is fact and everyone else is wrong.

Maturity =/= Authority

Precisely. I have stated multiple times that I DO NOT THINK WE ARE GETTING A GAME. I currently say there is about a 30% chance of it actually happening, although honestly there's probably less of a chance of that. We can't exclude it though.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#214 Posted: 23:39:59 21/02/2018
PortalMasterTV's review of Portal Master's Guide to Skylands is finally out! I'm not seeing anything big right now, but it's there, it came out, we can stop panicking.

They finally confirmed Kaossandra's name in main canon and why didn't they ****ing tell Eric about this now we have to fix all the wiki articles AGAIN
---
I do art!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3823
#215 Posted: 23:57:23 21/02/2018
I was about to say Nightshade and Luminous weren’t actual Doom Raiders, but after checking the Wiki it seems I remembered incorrectly.

Finally knowing Kaos’ Mom name is great, but I’m more interested in that timeline at the end, especially since we tried to create one in the past.
---
“A dragon...? You brought a dragon to Avalar?! I HATE dragons!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:59:59 13/03/2018 by Drek95
GaiaMemories Gold Sparx Gems: 2074
#216 Posted: 23:58:52 21/02/2018
No light and dark on the cover. Darn

I just played Imaginators for the first time since November.....and it was fun. It was nice after months of getting killed over and over to play a bit of a simple and fun game.

And I still smile when playing as Blaster Tron. Such a fun character.
---
Sorry Chase, a new robot has (temporarily) taken your place!
#ForceOutHate
CountMoneyBone Gold Sparx Gems: 2694
#217 Posted: 11:38:47 23/02/2018
when are they gonna put in the 'like' button on this forum???... its sorely missed.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 4126
#218 Posted: 16:36:45 25/02/2018
Just checked I-Wei Huang's LinkedIn and it seems he still works at TfB, which is good to see.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 5118
#219 Posted: 07:29:35 26/02/2018
While this may not have everything to do with Toys For Bob, Paul Reiche III and Fred Ford are in a legal battle between Stardock over Star Control stuff.

https://www.dogarandkazon.com/
https://forums.starcontrol.com...d-paul-and-fred
---
#all Spyros are valid
Johnbonne Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#220 Posted: 08:10:36 26/02/2018
Quote: Okaps
While this may not have everything to do with Toys For Bob, Paul Reiche III and Fred Ford are in a legal battle between Stardock over Star Control stuff.

https://www.dogarandkazon.com/
https://forums.starcontrol.com...d-paul-and-fred

Hadn't these legal troubles happened before Feb. 22 or am I from the future in the past looking at something that's happening now? I seem to recall TFB being under fire over disputes about this Star Control stuff since Q3 of last year.
#221 Posted: 08:58:08 26/02/2018
@Johnbonne That's when it stated, the counter-suing was more recent.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#222 Posted: 10:25:38 26/02/2018
Quote: Okaps
@Johnbonne That's when it stated, the counter-suing was more recent.

Oh I see. Cheers! smilie
#223 Posted: 12:13:02 26/02/2018
Wow, what a jerk move(well from what we currently know). Good luck to them, everything seemed to be going swimmingly from their blogpost.

~~~~~~~~~~~

NEW NEWS!

[User Posted Image]

Title is still Skylanders Mobile on the article, which is probably a placeholder.
---
I do art!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:47:57 01/03/2018 by TTD
TTD Hunter Gems: 3558
#224 Posted: 21:29:50 01/03/2018 | Topic Creator
New General Discussion Topic for the mobile game: http://forum.darkspyro.net/spy...hp?topic=138910
New 'Everything we Know topic' for the mobile game: http://forum.darkspyro.net/spy...hp?topic=138909

Note: a few posts have been moved to the new 'General Discussion Topic' smilie
---
"Oh, Brilliant." ~ The Doctor

Visit my guestbook for my Nintendo Switch Friend Code!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:35:27 01/03/2018 by TTD
#225 Posted: 21:48:42 01/03/2018
reminder to keep expectations low.
---
#226 Posted: 22:00:30 01/03/2018

Stop.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1407
#227 Posted: 22:35:58 01/03/2018

Reminder that Zapnorris is a Cactus
---
"Yarr, me bird like's ya"
Rockstar Foxy, 2018
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3433
#228 Posted: 23:16:15 01/03/2018
I mean, considering the mobile developers' history with its past projects, he's right in this case. Of course it's good to have hope for a good game, but don't assume it'll be a masterpiece.
---
B O N D R E W D D I D N O T H I N G W R O N G
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2040
#229 Posted: 00:09:40 02/03/2018
my expectations for you are already low zap :^]
UncleBob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4387
#230 Posted: 03:09:28 02/03/2018

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

A delay could be a good sign. Unlikely, but could.
---
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
#231 Posted: 04:15:08 02/03/2018
Hopefully it will last longer than the other Skylanders mobile games
---
#all Spyros are valid
#232 Posted: 15:08:02 09/03/2018
Not sure if this is considered "off-topic" or irrelevant (tbh I don't know where to ask about Starlink), but would news about that game motivate Activision to show some Skylanders stuff in the works? It might not be such a bad idea for the publishing giant to compete with a game that so far doesn't seem hugely appealing.
kaosmumishot Gold Sparx Gems: 2999
#233 Posted: 10:52:34 13/03/2018
Sorry haven't been on here for a while. Did everyone see that TFB are working on the Crash Switch port? https://gamerant.com/crash-bandicoot-switch-toys-bob/

I would assume that would make any Skylanders based work for TFB unlikely.
#234 Posted: 12:57:21 13/03/2018
Sorry haven't been on here for a while. Did everyone see that TFB are working on the Crash Switch port? https://gamerant.com/crash-bandicoot-switch-toys-bob/

Yup, they're a small team. With Reiche also with that Star Control kerfluffle, it's unfortunately not happening for the foreseeable future aside from the mobile game.

which I hope doesn't get killed in less than 6 months
---
I do art!
Muffin Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2227
#235 Posted: 12:57:47 13/03/2018

Interesting. So they probably will both end up working on the rumored Spyro remakes as well, which means the best we can hope for is that Activision is waiting until both the Crash and Spyro remakes are completed and ported to all systems before having VV and TfB return to Skylanders (if at all).
---
*Gives you a muffin*
#236 Posted: 14:07:33 13/03/2018
If the rumored Crash 5 years plan is true and if Spyro will follow the same route, then I guess it’ll be a while before we hear about console Skylanders games as well.

Unless Activision finds other developers for the series, of course.
---
#237 Posted: 22:35:20 18/03/2018
New news on Skylanders RPG, as usual discuss at the appropriate section.
---
I do art!
TTD Hunter Gems: 3558
#238 Posted: 13:29:18 22/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Personally, I don't think this is likely but I thought I'd post it anyway and let everyone draw their own conclusion. The next game in the series is called 'Skylanders: Jet Warriors', at least according to one data miner who apparently discovered many upcoming games releasing on Nintendo Switch.

Source: https://m.imgur.com/r/NintendoSwitch/E8AltM9
---
"Oh, Brilliant." ~ The Doctor

Visit my guestbook for my Nintendo Switch Friend Code!
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3059
#239 Posted: 13:35:57 22/03/2018
Quote: TTD
Personally, I don't think this is likely but I thought I'd post it anyway and let everyone draw their own conclusion. The next game in the series is called 'Skylanders: Jet Warriors', at least according to one data miner who apparently discovered many upcoming games releasing on Nintendo Switch.

Source: https://m.imgur.com/r/NintendoSwitch/E8AltM9

That's one hell of a list. Lots of games there that I'm excited about. Hope it's not a fake list, but many titles there seem rather obvious for the switch and it seems real to me. So who knows?
---
Stay Cool!
#240 Posted: 13:38:55 22/03/2018
Keep in mind, aside from being fake, this might've been the working title of the cancelled Skylanders 7. The Switch devs could've added it while it was in development and just never removed it when it ended. It does match VV's title themes.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:39:10 22/03/2018 by Bifrost
JohnnySmasher42 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1421
#241 Posted: 13:43:35 22/03/2018
The list is gone.
...suspicious.
---
Currently looking for someone to trade with for a Chompy Mage
KingMed Yellow Sparx Gems: 1609
#242 Posted: 13:55:38 22/03/2018
When I think of jet-warriors I think of air Skylanders or at least Skylanders that use Sky vechiles...I can’t see how they can create a whole new cast with this idea .
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 3523
#243 Posted: 14:23:59 22/03/2018
Jet Warriors?
Maybe Skylanders that can transforms in this "Jet Warriors" thing? Like Eruptor and Stealth Elf that can transform in the mobile game?
Mmmmh... let's see if this is true, a lot of games are real on that list by the way
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#244 Posted: 14:32:02 22/03/2018
Quote: Buuzer
Jet Warriors?
Maybe Skylanders that can transforms in this "Jet Warriors" thing? Like Eruptor and Stealth Elf that can transform in the mobile game?
Mmmmh... let's see if this is true, a lot of games are real on that list by the way

Yes but how many of those real games were already revealed?
---
#245 Posted: 14:34:14 22/03/2018
Magna Charge and Hood sickle are said to make an appearance in the new movie Ready player one along side Drobot , Gill Grunt , Torch and Blaster tron which are very weird choices if you asked me not everyone is going to look at them and instantly think oh those guys are from skylanders...Stealth elf , Spyro , Pop Fizz , Jet-vac , Eruptor , Hex , Roller Brawl Cynder and Trigger Happy are all Better Choices TBH and are very recognizable.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:36:45 22/03/2018 by KingMed
#246 Posted: 14:39:26 22/03/2018
Already mentioned, and the list is fabricated by a bunch of kids with wikia accounts unfortunately. Some of it might be true but I went over a week back and it was full of comments about how X is their favorite character so they added them.

The imgur list was posted before the Nindies announcements, and they are all there.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:40:52 22/03/2018 by Bifrost
#247 Posted: 14:44:34 22/03/2018
Yeah something is very fish about that list...Swap force , SA 3ds and
Supercharers which all come with Stealth elf have sold more than 10 million copies that means more than
10 million people own Stealth elf wouldn’t be smart to include her instead
Same thing goes for Spyro , Jet-Vac , Trigger Happy and Cynder all of them appeard in starter packs
And on the show...why would they include wave 5 characters that only die hard skylanders fans know about like Blaster tron that’s dumb
#248 Posted: 15:13:44 22/03/2018
At the cost of being completely wrong, this is probably the first leaks I’m not buying into.
Too many weird or obscure choices, obvious requested choices and of course a bunch of true titles to make it look more plausible.
Even the name “Jet Warriors” itself (if not the one for the cancelled 2017 game) doesn’t sound credible: seems also like a SuperChargers 2.0 mixed with SWAP Force, and honestly doesn’t give me ideas about what it could be about.
Could be the mobile game’s name but I’m not counting on that either.

Maybe it’s my cynical part speaking after almost a month of disappointment and reality checks, but I’m not expecting this to hold any kind of truth except for the already (coincidentally?) confirmed names.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:37:36 22/03/2018 by Drek95
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2081
#249 Posted: 15:26:21 22/03/2018
Quote: JohnnySmasher42
The list is gone.
...suspicious.

No it's still there, just had a look at it before texting here. It could also be found on Reddit and Pastedbin.

Well "Jet" could also have something to do with kinda like riding on a jetstream through time/space/dimensions or something similar, I don't think that it must be something like another supercharger-game again.

I posted the "leak" cause there's nothing else at the moment and well at least we can get back to speculations for a while. I don't think that it's legit for now but we have to wait as usual.

And: Hi everyone smilie
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:27:06 22/03/2018 by myskylanders
#250 Posted: 15:32:18 22/03/2018
Hi there, myskylanders!

The list has a lot of fake sonic game titles though, I'm even more suspicious than before. The indie titles might've been bait to look believable.
---
I do art!
First | Previous | Page 5 of 6 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me