Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Spyro Fanzine Available for Preorder!
Page 1 of 1
Spyro Fanzine Available for Preorder!
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#1 Posted: 20:02:21 23/11/2017 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]
DRAGON SHORES PREORDER (Nov 22-Dec 25)

From Haunted Cosmos Press:Haunted Cosmos Press has come together to create a dream team of Spyro fans here to fight cancer and help fund research to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. We are so happy to finally bring you the product of two months of hard work.You can support the cause, buy the book, and also get sweet merch in the process, ranging from postcards, sticker sheets, buttons, and a double-sided charm.

====[User Posted Image]Artists of the project: Bianca Segovia |
Brie | Black-Lory | CyberneticNightmare (Carrie Hewell) | draktau | GlimmeringAlder | nahamut (Jennifer Tamochunas) | KichiArt | Kiwibon.co.uk | Lightsen | Merlin Missingham | PaitynArt | Shafer Brown | buttersheeps | shrimposaurus | SpiffyChicken | Tankero (aka "Tantziki") | Teafauna | Turquoisephoenix (also on Tumblr) | Vexingly Yours | Vextera | Wren King | Zhampy

====[User Posted Image]

PREORDER NAOW
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#2 Posted: 07:24:25 24/11/2017
I'm not sure I'll go for the $30 bundle, but I will most definitely go for the book itself for $8! Thanks for sharing this, the art looks amazing! smilie
#3 Posted: 02:15:38 27/11/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drawdler
Do they ship internationally? The page wouldn't load for me.

Well, dang. Idk
---

SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#4 Posted: 09:22:18 27/11/2017
Yep, gone and bought it. smilie

I bought the £8 one, and I really liked it, and thought that it's going to a good cause, so I went and bought the full thing.

The image with Spyro and the leopard is my favourite, it's just so cute.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#5 Posted: 19:50:58 27/11/2017
I still think it's a shame that they only included the first three games.
Ah well! The art looks nice from what I can see!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#6 Posted: 01:47:01 29/11/2017 | Topic Creator
Hey, guys! Check out an interview from one of the Postcard artists, Bianca Segovia!

[User Posted Image]

Quote: Haunted Cosmos Press
An interview with one of our lovely postcard artists!

=============

First, why don’t you tell us a bit about yourself as an artist? What do you mostly specialize in (ex: comics, illustrations, etc)? What are your favorite things to draw?

I’m mainly an illustrator, though I also like to make animations as well! A lot of the time the subjects of both are monsters and fantastical creatures because they’re fun to design.

When did you first play Spyro the Dragon and what were your feelings about it at the time? How does it make you feel now?

I was about 7 when I played Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage (A bit out of order I know, but I did end up playing the first one a few years later) and I absolutely loved it. I think it was the first game I ever completed 100% too. Since there was never that much merchandise released for the games, I would get super giddy whenever I DID find something Spyro themed. I still get giddy whenever I see something related to the original trilogy today.

Would you say Spyro has influenced your style today and if it has, how so?

It definitely contributed to my love for drawing dragons growing up, haha.

What are your favorites from the series? Such as level, character, song, and overall favorite game?

My favorite level has to be… either Aquaria Towers or Fireworks Factory. Aside from the purple dragon himself, Hunter was also a big favorite for his silliness. As for the song I don’t think I can choose! Though Buzz’s Dungeon & Breeze Harbor are some of the ones I like the most. My favorite game, though I love the first one and Year of the Dragon, has to be Ripto’s Rage since that was the one I started with.

Other comments or thoughts about the zine or Spyro?

I’m super glad I can be able to contribute to it! This will be the first zine I’ve ever participated in and I’m happy it’s about something that was a big part of my childhood.
---

Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me