Forum

Poll

Favourite icy themed level in Spyro 1-3?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Pokémon Topic (Warning: Dexit Talk Banned)
First | Previous | Page 67 of 69 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
Pokémon Topic (Warning: Dexit Talk Banned) [STICKY]
KrystalLBX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1588
#3301 Posted: 15:45:06 12/11/2019
Shiny hunters be aware

the legendaries (zacian/zamazenta, ya know)
and the starters you obtain at the beginning of the game
are shiny LOCKED. Don't SR hoping for a shiny

you can still breed for shiny starters

Also raid battles can have shinies in them, in which the shiny will appear for all players and will show up at the beginning of the battle. We do not know if there will be higher shiny chances in raid battles, but this would be incredible if so. Because if you win, that's effectively one shiny per player.
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6742
#3302 Posted: 15:52:11 12/11/2019
The legendaries also spin like a turkey on the microwave when they turn
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5185
#3303 Posted: 16:55:54 12/11/2019
Well, I have decided to cancel my pre-order of Sword. As much as some of the content looks inciting and cool, I'm just so torn on all the content thats been cut and its over all quality. This game doesn't look worth $60 bucks to me and, I don't want for GF to make money from me (Granted The games quality isnt entirely their fault). I think I'll wait for reviews first and then get a preowned copy.

I do want the game, but so many things about it really hurt my hype.

or I'm just gonna get it and be unable to fight the urge and get the game for Marnie
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:56:22 12/11/2019 by HeyitsHotDog
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3347
#3304 Posted: 18:03:07 12/11/2019
im back......... swsh Soon.... i have mixed feelings but i think im excited
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5152
#3305 Posted: 19:48:14 12/11/2019
im excited for a new pokemon game tbh. been having an itch for pokemon since lets go because it was poo poo
#3306 Posted: 20:07:46 12/11/2019
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Well, I have decided to cancel my pre-order of Sword. As much as some of the content looks inciting and cool, I'm just so torn on all the content thats been cut and its over all quality. This game doesn't look worth $60 bucks to me and, I don't want for GF to make money from me (Granted The games quality isnt entirely their fault). I think I'll wait for reviews first and then get a preowned copy.

or I'm just gonna get it and be unable to fight the urge and get the game for Marnie

While I haven't played the game

I've seen a stream
granted the stream site had lots of lag, but it was cuz the streamer didnt have the best wifi.

BUT despite the laggy stream, I was enjoying every second of the game.
Very diverse overworld, really good story from what I saw.

Overall 10/10 would suggest picking this up, it is looking to be the BEST game by far.

it's even a topseller on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/best-se...zgbs/videogames
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5995
#3307 Posted: 20:13:03 12/11/2019 | Topic Creator
Honestly, I personally wouldn't pay $60 for Pokémon no matter how good it is. And that's coming from someone who both loves Pokémon and still intends to get Shield.

It just isn't a $60 franchise, at least in my eyes. *shrug*
---
Got you wrapped around my finger, babe ~ You can count on me to misbehave

#YangGang
Bolt Platinum Sparx Gems: 5489
#3308 Posted: 20:21:29 12/11/2019
I just want to say, I'm not even a Pokemon fan but I've seen all the stuff being cut and even I'm furious ... and I have no emotional attachment to any of the Pokemon. x)
I agree with Sess, as a potential new customer, I wouldn't pay $60 for this ahaha.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:21:49 12/11/2019 by Bolt
#3309 Posted: 20:24:44 12/11/2019
Quote: KrystalLBX
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

While I haven't played the game

I've seen a stream
granted the stream site had lots of lag, but it was cuz the streamer didnt have the best wifi.

BUT despite the laggy stream, I was enjoying every second of the game.
Very diverse overworld, really good story from what I saw.

Overall 10/10 would suggest picking this up, it is looking to be the BEST game by far.

it's even a topseller on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/best-se...zgbs/videogames

Like I said, Iwant the game, but so many things are missing and it's over all quality hurt my interest in it. So much is handled poorly and bogged down my nonsensical choices. I'm either going to wait until it's cheaper (Which it won't be) or ask it for Christmas (Which is the most likely situation).
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
parisruelz12 Hunter Gems: 7162
#3310 Posted: 20:30:17 12/11/2019
Hey all, let’s remember to keep things civil! Just a friendly reminder!
---
looks like ive got some things to do...in hd
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5152
#3311 Posted: 20:37:32 12/11/2019
The game will probably be 50 bucks at walmart
#3312 Posted: 20:58:25 12/11/2019
Quote: parisruelz12
Hey all, let’s remember to keep things civil! Just a friendly reminder!

My apologies if I came off as aggressive, didn't intend to!
---
#3313 Posted: 21:11:11 12/11/2019
Not really aiming it anyone, just trying to stop fights before they start
---
Bolt Platinum Sparx Gems: 5489
#3314 Posted: 21:21:26 12/11/2019

Yeah that's fine fren!
Like, I get if you're excited for it, that's totally okay ... but in my personal onion, it's not worth the monies.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#3315 Posted: 21:57:45 12/11/2019
Quote: Bolt

Yeah that's fine fren!
Like, I get if you're excited for it, that's totally okay ... but in my personal onion, it's not worth the monies.

Personal onion? You're not gonna share your onion? But we share the same personal onion.

But back on topic, based on the leaks, I will say the Pokemon design is still top notch.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:58:50 12/11/2019 by HeyitsHotDog
#3316 Posted: 22:25:53 12/11/2019
my thoughts have been 50/50 on the new pokemon for this gen. i pretty much either love them or hate them.

EDIT: ok for fun i split my opinions up

LOVE THEM:
sobble line
skwovet line
rookidee line
nickit line
wooloo line
drednaw
yamper line
silicobra line
cramorant
arrokuda line
toxel line (?) havent decided my opinion yet
SIZZLIPEDE LINE I LOVE THEM
galarian zigzagoon line
perrserker i love him but in the weird kind of what horrible creature is this way
cusola line
mr rime just because hes so absolutely terrible that i love him
runerigus
falinks
pinchurchin
snom line
eiscue
cufant line
DREEPY LINE I LOVE THEM
zacian
zamazenta
eternatus

HATE THEM:
grookey line
scorbunny line
blipbug line
gossifleur line
chewtle
rolycoly line
applin line(?) havent decided for sure what i think of them yet
clobbopus line
sinistea line
hatenna line
IMPIDIMP LINE I HATE THIS DUDE I HATE HIM SO MUCH
sirfetchd
milcrey line
stonjourner
indeedee
morpeko
duraludon

the only pokemon i cant categorize are the fossil pokemon because i have so many feelings about them i cant articulate
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:53:31 12/11/2019 by HotDogAndZap
#3317 Posted: 22:47:43 12/11/2019
I just want to say, I'm not even a Pokemon fan but I've seen all the stuff being cut and even I'm furious ... and I have no emotional attachment to any of the Pokemon. x)
I agree with Sess, as a potential new customer, I wouldn't pay $60 for this ahaha.

I mean the bolded kinda shows the validity of the anger.'

They added a LOT in that people have wanted including a cool new battle mechanic, an open world esque area, easier gate for people to get into competitive, made the game more competitive,
Pokemon fusion with the fossils
, and much more

The games look overall amazing as someone who has played pretty much every game in the main series (I think the only ones I havent played were the ones released in gen 2 specifically. Ruby and onward though I did play)

The quality on swsh is actually really incredible
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:49:15 12/11/2019 by KrystalLBX
#3318 Posted: 23:10:12 12/11/2019
I want to remind people that any talk of Dexit is banned from
this topic.

Thanks.
---
Trix Master 100 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6021
#3319 Posted: 23:56:37 12/11/2019
I'm a 50/50 for the game. Like there's a lot of good stuff but there's also a list of stuff that is ridiculous that drags the game more. Unless you are more liking to the good stuff, I'd say get the game preused as there's a list of bugs just now popping out of the wood works as people are now streaming the Gameplay.

Spoilered for those that want to see the game bugs and glitches for themselves. Would post links to instances where that happened, but there is a no leak rule and I am gonna respect that.
The Battling in the game looks is a bit of a bug fiesta with:
  • Soft locks in combat, despite pokemon fainting
  • The game not registering faints
  • As well as a damage bug where you knock out a pokemon of fire variety, and the burn effect just deals the same amount of damage as you gave to the opposing pokemon.

• I'm going to wait til my friend explains top to bottom of the game if it's worth getting even tho with some leakers and players, I kind of have a decent idea that I should get the game preused at most.
    ---
    If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you cannot handle me at my pumpkin sweetest

icon from Empoh
    Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1381
    #3320 Posted: 23:57:25 12/11/2019

I mean the bolded kinda shows the validity of the anger.'

They added a LOT in that people have wanted including a cool new battle mechanic, an open world esque area, easier gate for people to get into competitive, made the game more competitive,
    Pokemon fusion with the fossils
    , and much more

The games look overall amazing as someone who has played pretty much every game in the main series (I think the only ones I havent played were the ones released in gen 2 specifically. Ruby and onward though I did play)

The quality on swsh is actually really incredible

It really isn't.

It isn't even Dexit talk but compared to every other first and second party Nintendo release, Sword and Shield is completely laughable.
    Everything published by Nintendo this generation has innovated the formula of the series in some way, while Sword and Shield has either cut content, or created new content that's mediocre at best. There's no heart, there's no soul. GameFreak's passion for the series is long dead, and it's felt HARD in the recent releases. Hell, even Little Town Hero, GameFreak's ACTUAL passion project crashed and burned except for the soundtrack, how would that feel for those developers to understand that and then be forced to go back to the exact same game they've been pumping out for almost 25 years? There's no innovation, care, passion, anything other than obligation to one of the biggest and most controlling brands in the world. It's shiny new paint on the same, rusty car. The outside looks pretty, but the content is the exact same on the inside. It's exremely upsetting, as Pokemon used to be the absolute cream of the crop. Now, other than kids, I don't know anyone that actually cares other than on this topic.

If you're excited for it, that's perfectly fine. No one is stopping you from getting and enjoying the game. But please, Krystal, for the love of god, recognize that sometimes big companies you love can make a bad product, and people have the right to criticize them for it.
    ---
    (◕︿◕✿)
    I am Groot. (*I Guardians of the Galaxy 23:48*)
    #3321 Posted: 00:00:38 13/11/2019
    I posted a list of bugs but forgot about the dexit ban and dexit was mentioned in the link so it got deleted. whoops.

i can post the bug specific portion of the link i sent if people are interested? its early on in the game so idk if theyll patch some of it since people shouldnt really be playing the game yet anyways but some of it seems like deliberate corner cutting coding.
    Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
    #3322 Posted: 00:30:53 13/11/2019
    Quote: HotDogAndZap
    I posted a list of bugs but forgot about the dexit ban and dexit was mentioned in the link so it got deleted. whoops.

i can post the bug specific portion of the link i sent if people are interested? its early on in the game so idk if theyll patch some of it since people shouldnt really be playing the game yet anyways but some of it seems like deliberate corner cutting coding.

I'd be interested in seeing the list.
    ---
    Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
    #3323 Posted: 00:58:05 13/11/2019
    Quote: Seiki

I'd be interested in seeing the list.

this is copied directly but heres whats in the post [spoilered for video evidence, so look at those at your own discretion i guess? i dont think theyre spoilery but just to be safe. i can remove the links if needed]:

There's constant graphical issues, not just low quality graphics, pop in is present at all points of the game due to bad coding, this is explained below, trainer models will also disappear mid battle when an attack with a high number of particles is used, this also happened in SM, however, SM moved the camera away to avoid people seeing it, they didn't even try this time.
    This means it's either a carry over from SM and they just copy pasted most of the code, or they somehow have to remove the trainers to avoid a switch from somehow getting fps drops.
    The pop-ins can be evidenced here, hereand here
    Trainers disappearing mid battle can be evidenced here

Basically, pop ins are used to not overload the console, once the camera/player enters certain area, the models are loaded, otherwise the game would be loading everything at all times. Different games deal with this in many different ways, witcher 3 for example makes anything that's not in the "main" area of the camera to be extremely blurry, with basically no details, however, they still somewhat retain their shape, so if you look at them in the background they still look like humans.
    n64/ps1 games used the good old fog, games like Silent Hill went the extra mile and used this fog to create a horror like effect, when you use fog, you use it to spawn the models INSIDE the fog as the player gets close, so by the time the player sees them, the models would already be loaded, there's no extremely apparent pop in.

Game Freak basically decided to not do any of these and the dozens upon dozens of other techniques, not only is the switch powerful enough to not need to do this in such a close distance for a 30 fps locked game, not using any technique to make it look better is an absolute disgrace, it shows a heavy lack of effort and commitment.
    Since the switch shouldn't need to remove/pop in the models, it falls down to a classic example of GF bad coding and bad decisions.

personally interpret the pop ins as a coding choice and the disappearing trainers as maybe a glitch.

Performance, game is locked to 30 fps, and while that's not a big issue by itself, this is coupled with slowdown at certain moments such as dynamaxing, it can drop fps to the floor and turn the game into a slideshow for a while.
    A game with shoddy graphics, running at 30 fps tops, should NOT be experiencing these issues.
    Evidenced here.
    Massive slowdown also seen at the end of this clip, the clip also does a good job of pointing out the graphical problems.

this part i think could be reasonably patched?

Game-breaking bugs, there's now reports of the game soft locking and completely freezing.
    Evidence shown here, this is captured through a switch, not emulated.
    The overall lack of quality, polish and effort put into the game, this is all the minor/somewhat minor but still very telling problems with the game.
    This is apparent in many ways all throughout the game, things like the wrong backgrounds or just voids for pokemon battles.
    Two example of the wrong backgrounds seen hereand here
    One example of the void background seen here(these happen on indoor fights and some non indoor but scripted battles)Examples of backgrounds on indoor and everywhere else in both LGPE and colosseum, seen hereand here.
    Then there's complete lack of music in the game story most important moments, seen here.
    The entire world freezes when using certain objects, as seen here.

the rest of these i can see being patched in the future so im not too terribly disheartened by seeing them but its still... not great!
    #3324 Posted: 01:06:51 13/11/2019 | Topic Creator
    Pardon my ignorance, but shouldn't people not have the game to begin with? Because, while I'm not saying this will happen, I can see a lot of these issues being fixed in a day one patch.
    ---

#YangGang
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:07:17 13/11/2019 by Sesshomaru75
    Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1381
    #3325 Posted: 01:10:35 13/11/2019
    Quote: Sesshomaru75
    Pardon my ignorance, but shouldn't people not have the game to begin with? Because, while I'm not saying this will happen, I can see a lot of these issues being fixed in a day one patch.

It's happened with pretty much every game that's been preloaded, with the biggest example I remember being Smash Ultimate. The one before was Breath of the Wild iirc.

- - -

In other news, what's going on with Serebii makes me sick. Like the game or not, the dude's just trying to give out information for something he loves, he does NOT deserve what hate he's getting.
    ---
    (◕︿◕✿)
    I am Groot. (*I Guardians of the Galaxy 23:48*)
    #3326 Posted: 01:13:18 13/11/2019 | Topic Creator
    Quote: Vespi
    It's happened with pretty much every game that's been preloaded, with the biggest example I remember being Smash Ultimate. The one before was Breath of the Wild iirc.

- - -

In other news, what's going on with Serebii makes me sick. Like the game or not, the dude's just trying to give out information for something he loves, he does NOT deserve what hate he's getting.

Oh. I wasn't aware of that, actually. smilie (Or I forgot about all of that, at least)

- - -

Wait, what's going on with Serebii? I know that he was shilling SW/SH at one point awhile back, but are people being unnecessarily hostile towards him now?
    ---

#YangGang
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:24:00 13/11/2019 by Sesshomaru75
    #3327 Posted: 01:28:07 13/11/2019
    Quote: Sesshomaru75
    Quote: Vespi

- - -

Oh. I wasn't aware of that, actually. smilie (Or I forgot about all of that, at least)

- - -

Wait, what's going on with Serebii? I know that he was shilling SW/SH at one point awhile back, but are people being unnecessarily hostile towards him now?

On the topic of Serebii, yes, they are. He's been, well, defending the game, simply put and, unsurprisingly, various people are upset with that.

For example, there was a time where he talked positively about how Let's Go properly scaled Pokemon, and it gave him hopes for Gen 8's scaling.

Come G8, there's an ingame image of Wailord floating around and people are mad because it's smaller than the trainer using it. Serebii defends it saying "Imagine Cutiefly vs Wailord on a Switch's screen, you wouldn't be able to see Cutiefly because Wailord is so big"

Something to that affair, if I remember correctly. The backlash on him is absurd and completely unneeded. Serebii is a great dude.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:29:23 13/11/2019 by HeyitsHotDog
    #3328 Posted: 01:32:32 13/11/2019
    Just to clarify
    any bugs in illegal early copies, are obviously not running day 1 patches

so it isnt fair to call out bugs, that wont affect a majority (99%) of players
    #3329 Posted: 01:44:49 13/11/2019
    By your own logic, Krystal, you shouldn’t be calling a game 10/10 without having played it.
    ---
    Trix Master 100 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6021
    #3330 Posted: 01:52:47 13/11/2019
    Just to clarify
    any bugs in illegal early copies, are obviously not running day 1 patches

so it isnt fair to call out bugs, that wont affect a majority (99%) of players

Uh I think these were from legit players if they are on twitch of all things, streaming them. Also you have not played the game and you're giving it a 10/10? Man I thought Drawdler's critique was joke, at least she played the games before going on her rocker about it.

Edit: Because I realized I a did a goof. The streamers might not have the game legitimately, though that said there has been a few people getting the game on switch and datamining it as some stores street broke the game over weeks. Just when 15 hits they may or may not get the patch considering the circumstances they can be tracked and locked from Nintendo over getting the game early.
    ---
    If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you cannot handle me at my pumpkin sweetest

icon from Empoh
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:07:52 13/11/2019 by Trix Master 100
    #3331 Posted: 02:02:01 13/11/2019
    By the by, it's been confirmed by dataminers that the models are indeed reused, and not new ones.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:08:42 13/11/2019 by HeyitsHotDog
    #3332 Posted: 02:45:16 13/11/2019

bolded my og message. i know the game hasnt had day 1 patches yet. thats why i said not to worry about a lot of the stuff that looked like a glitch and not negligent coding.
    #3333 Posted: 02:51:01 13/11/2019
    Leaks oh boy

Shiny box legendaries (shame they be locked) are actually funny when you look at their Japanese pronunciation

THE SHINIES ARE LITERALLY THE CYAN AND THE MAGENTA
    [User Posted Image]
    [User Posted Image]
    [User Posted Image]
    [User Posted Image]

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:34:27 13/11/2019 by parisruelz12
    #3334 Posted: 02:52:23 13/11/2019
    ohhh really love the shiny versions!!
    #3335 Posted: 02:58:38 13/11/2019
    ohhh really love the shiny versions!!

Ikr?
    explaining why the shinies are that color below

Zamazenta is Japanese for the Magenta. Zacian is Japanese for The Cyan
    So the shinies are literally their name colors

Absolutely beautiful shinies, I wish I could hunt shiny box arts but oh well gotta wait for Gamefreak to give us an event for them
    #3336 Posted: 02:58:59 13/11/2019
    ohhh i love that thats really cute actually
    #3337 Posted: 03:02:43 13/11/2019
    ohhh i love that thats really cute actually

Indeed
    I kinda hoped that would be the shiny (predicted it a while back)

so glad they actually went with it.
    Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
    #3338 Posted: 05:04:16 13/11/2019
    Regarding HDAZ's bug list:

The pop-in thing makes sense and any game should do it to some extent like you said, but wow it really shouldn't be noticeable or happening that close to the player's field of vision. If LGPE hadn't come out, I'd think that GF didn't know how to work with the Switch and were just making it at 3DS level still, but even then, that's shoddy even for 3DS terms and they've been doing better on lower powered systems. Considering the Wild Area's form of overworld encounters, this feels especially bad and like load-ins need to happen a lot further back to let players be able to properly react to a Pokemon spawning.

Slowdown is pretty shoddy to have for this level of quality on the Switch. Though doesn't seem too rough in the videos there. Or maybe I was just expecting worse reading it.

The soft-locking seems minor compared to past bugs and should get patched out fast enough, still it's sad how unsurprising it is to be happening.
    The lack of detail into battle arena backgrounds though is just saddening and screams rushed quality, especially since as you'd posted, they've done far better in far older games.
    The game freezing is just.... I can understand it in certain scenarios and it has before AFAIK, but in times that made sense like entering a battle and it makes no sense for it to happen when simply climbing a ladder.

This really isn't helping my thoughts on the game being rushed. I'm really interested to know more about what the story is like, cause announcements felt really bare bones and I can't imagine GF having something particularly good they've been holding out on especially after the last few games.
    ---
    Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:07:34 13/11/2019 by Seiki
    Blackholes_Wolf Diamond Sparx Gems: 8972
    #3339 Posted: 07:26:17 13/11/2019
    why does a 360 game from 2006 look better than a game released in 2019? I'm not even trolling, I'm legit curious

[User Posted Image]
    Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2876
    #3340 Posted: 07:52:46 13/11/2019
    ... mods remove the entire post if it has anything about Dexit? I think that's pretty lame.
    I don't know the context of why. Why not just cut out the Dexit stuff. But I expected better.

Also thanks Trix e_e "a joke", that's all I had to say about anything. Hah.

Today is not my day I guess I'm getting more off-topic and overly personal now. I am triggered, point and laugh, better for me personally to vent this ****, and I will be selfish and let myself do it, considering how this cursed month has gone.
    ---
    Quote: dark52
    Error: You
    #3341 Posted: 08:00:25 13/11/2019 | Topic Creator
    Quote: Drawdler
    I am triggered, point and laugh, better for me personally to vent this ****, and I will be selfish and let myself do it, considering how this cursed month has gone.

...So you're going to continue to be disruptive and get into further trouble? Have fun with that, I guess. *shrug*
    ---

#YangGang
    Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:04:24 13/11/2019 by Sesshomaru75
    #3342 Posted: 08:09:46 13/11/2019
    Quote: Drawdler
    ... mods remove the entire post if it has anything about Dexit? I think that's pretty lame.
    I don't know the context of why. Why not just cut out the Dexit stuff. But I expected better.

Also thanks Trix e_e "a joke", that's all I had to say about anything. Hah.

Today is not my day I guess I'm getting more off-topic and overly personal now. I am triggered, point and laugh, better for me personally to vent this ****, and I will be selfish and let myself do it, considering how this cursed month has gone.

1) It wasn’t just your post. I have had to remove several Dexit related posts from this topic alone. The reason being is that Dexit was causing a lot of trouble in this topic, so we decided that it would be best to not allow discussion of any sort.

2) Dexit talk isn’t allowed here. That was made clear in the topic title. If you continue to be intentionally disruptive because you feel that you are entitled to it, I will not hesitate to put suspension on the table.

If you don’t like this, then don’t post here. End of story.

That goes for everyone here, not just Drawdler.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:11:54 13/11/2019 by parisruelz12
    #3343 Posted: 08:53:33 13/11/2019 | Topic Creator
    behave while i sleep kiddos : )
    ---

#YangGang
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:54:05 13/11/2019 by Sesshomaru75
    #3344 Posted: 11:46:11 13/11/2019
    Viva Piñata had to put its work out there to be seen and remembered, from the paper mache engine for every animal, all the puns, behaviors and how they interact with the items, and in the sequel their diets and routines. Pokémon just has to release a game that looks aiight in a screenshot.
    ---
    I do art!
    HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8717
    #3345 Posted: 13:59:00 13/11/2019
    This is basically just a Kirby Star Allies scenario... again. People were expecting something groundbreaking akin to BotW or Odyssey, but what we got instead was a fairly safe, traditional experience. People allowed themselves to get too hyped about these games when, in all honest, pokémon has lagged behind other RPG franchises in overall quality for a long time. But it was always their simplicity and the creatures themselves that drew people in. Some folks like the simple game structure and find it fun. They want to see new pokémon so they're excited for the game. Hence, it'll sell just fine. Probably even meet Nintendo's expectations.

But I sincerely hope we don't have a new Pokémon game next year. Hell, I'll wait until 2022 for the next ones if it means they get the time and care that they need. Now that the anime is no longer sticking to a (loose) adaptation of the games, Game Freak should have more leeway to take their time. Plus, the Adventures manga is lagging behind, too. The Alola arc isn't done yet and they're still working on the B2W2 arc because they had to put it on hiatus due to running out of ideas.

tl;dr: I think TPCi can coast on Go, Masters, and merchandise revenue enough to give Game Freak two or three extra years for the inevitable Sinnoh remakes.
    ---
    Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
    #3346 Posted: 14:22:38 13/11/2019
    Kirby Star Allies had free extra content planned from the start. The DLC in this is not looking so hot unless they add actual new areas.
    ---
    I do art!
    #3347 Posted: 15:06:41 13/11/2019
    Btw nobody bring up the reddit post

#3348 Posted: 15:11:20 13/11/2019
    How about we stop trying to go 'everything is true' or 'everything is false' like rational human beings instead of trying to see who wins first

Oh wait no taking facts at face value is how we go about it, got it.
    ---
    I do art!
    #3349 Posted: 15:45:06 13/11/2019
    Quote: Bifrost
    How about we stop trying to go 'everything is true' or 'everything is false' like rational human beings instead of trying to see who wins first

Oh wait no taking facts at face value is how we go about it, got it.

or ya know
    watch the video
    some of the "problems" are subjective.
    HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8717
    #3350 Posted: 15:49:14 13/11/2019
    Quote: Bifrost
    Kirby Star Allies had free extra content planned from the start. The DLC in this is not looking so hot unless they add actual new areas.

True, but even when you add in the DLC, it's still a very "safe" game that HAL released. And that's what SwSh seems like. A safe, serviceable product that falls back on what fans are familiar with and attempts to sell itself mostly with quality of live improvements. It's still going to sell well, despite what some of the negativity bubbles seem to want/suggest. Personally, I do want the game to fail to meet Nintendo's expectations and force a reevaluation, but that won't happen.
    ---
    Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
    First | Previous | Page 67 of 69 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me