Forum

Poll

Favourite Ripto's Rage boss?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Pokémon Topic V4: Sword & Shield Release November 15th!
First | Previous | Page 49 of 50 | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Pokémon Topic V4: Sword & Shield Release November 15th! [STICKY]
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6332
#2401 Posted: 18:40:05 11/06/2019
god i wish i cared rn this should be exciting

Here's some more

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

all good boys that won't deserve this **** that's coming
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:40:29 11/06/2019 by Bifrost
emeraldzoroark Gold Sparx Gems: 2321
#2402 Posted: 18:40:54 11/06/2019
100 posts until this topic dies.
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#2403 Posted: 20:08:31 11/06/2019
Hype for Sword & Shield has all but completely died on that one. If I can't transfer my full Ghost-collection over then what's the point?
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
KrystalLBX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1175
#2404 Posted: 20:36:38 11/06/2019
Why does the corgi look
SO BAD
---
Grookey is top starter
#2405 Posted: 20:39:45 11/06/2019
Quote: KrystalLBX
Why does the corgi look
SO BAD

because you’re wrong it’s adorable
---
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5586
#2406 Posted: 20:42:38 11/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Why does the corgi look
SO BAD

Why do you have such bad opinions?
#2407 Posted: 20:43:00 11/06/2019
I think it's alright,the lack of legs reminds me too much of Zwei from RWBY who has kind of off animations. But hey it's probably going to evolve, so I'm not letting it go just yet.

Quote: Sesshomaru75
Why does the corgi look
SO BAD

Why do you have such bad opinions?

Let people have opinions Sess, she's not calling Yamper fans stupid or anything.
---
I do art!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:43:38 11/06/2019 by Bifrost
#2408 Posted: 20:44:27 11/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Let people have opinions Sess, she's not calling Yamper fans stupid or anything.

I didn't say that she couldn't have an opinion, I just said that it's a bad one. smilie
alicecarp Diamond Sparx Gems: 9802
#2409 Posted: 20:53:20 11/06/2019
Yamper is just as cute as Wooloo and Sobble imo and may have it on my team.

A few weeks ago, I was saying to my bf that I wanted a Dark/Fairy type and he said that they should make an imp Pokemon. Never thought we'd be right. If Impadimp gets a cool evolution, I may have that on my team too.
---
#TeamSobble
#2410 Posted: 21:04:06 11/06/2019
Probably need to see an evo before I like Yamper

[User Posted Image]
Also this thing is weird in my opinion
---
Grookey is top starter
willspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4487
#2411 Posted: 21:21:13 11/06/2019
Why does the corgi look
SO BAD

You owe Sess $40 for that one
#2412 Posted: 21:36:33 11/06/2019
Btw one good thing about Yamper

Quick Ball + it's ability
---
Grookey is top starter
#2413 Posted: 21:41:11 11/06/2019
Ehh, it's cute at the start but you'll never run out of Quick Balls afterward. It's like having an ability to replentish Repels; you'll be drowning in money at 5 gym badges so what's the point.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:41:28 11/06/2019 by Bifrost
#2414 Posted: 22:15:13 11/06/2019
drowning in money to buy more timer balls.

seriously, after 10 turns you get a x4 boost. that’s bigger than any boost you get from any ball that affects everything (except the master ball obviously and the quick ball, but that’s only the first turn and isn’t very good against legendaries)
---
ShylaShadow Green Sparx Gems: 300
#2415 Posted: 22:20:12 11/06/2019
I love that imp boy!!!!
---
official dotd hate group
smiliesmilie
somePerson Emerald Sparx Gems: 4754
#2416 Posted: 03:43:09 12/06/2019
goodbye
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Vespi Blue Sparx Gems: 963
#2417 Posted: 04:59:25 12/06/2019
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Goodbye my sweets. ;~;

I'm paying 60 bucks for a Corgi and then never getting a Pokemon game again lmao
---
(◕︿◕✿)
I am Groot. (*I Guardians of the Galaxy 23:48*)
#2418 Posted: 05:51:57 12/06/2019
If Garbodor can get in

then most of our favorites can as well
---
Grookey is top starter
alicecarp Diamond Sparx Gems: 9802
#2419 Posted: 08:01:50 12/06/2019
Pokemon I'm hoping will be in the Galar dex: Every Pokemon I got in my shiny living dex so far! https://pokedextracker.com/u/A...hiny-living-dex

I know that's wishful thinking, but I'm just peeved that I won't be able to see them all on the Switch. I'm contemplating whether or not to make a separate shiny living dex on SwSh like I was going to do on Let's Go or just focus on getting shinies of the new Pokemon.
---
#TeamSobble
#2420 Posted: 13:20:37 12/06/2019
Chandelure will make it, it's in Pokkén. The rest of Unova and Kalos are mighty ***ed though.
---
I do art!
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 4776
#2421 Posted: 13:28:00 12/06/2019
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokem...ut_the_limited/
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Felines Diamond Sparx Gems: 8393
#2422 Posted: 14:57:43 12/06/2019
You know, I was kinda expecting this to happen eventually. Pokemon species are increasing dramatically with every generation. It was only a matter of time before the games became unable to have each and every one of them in existence.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#2423 Posted: 15:07:54 12/06/2019
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Yeah Sword's definitely gonna be my last one then lmao
---
(◕︿◕✿)
#2424 Posted: 15:12:49 12/06/2019
Quote: Felines
You know, I was kinda expecting this to happen eventually. Pokemon species are increasing dramatically with every generation. It was only a matter of time before the games became unable to have each and every one of them in existence.

That isn't a thing though. Every pokémon has 3D models, walking animations, rigs for everything, in extremely high quality since S/M. If they can fit on the 3DS(if without said walking), they can fit on a Switch. This feels like they want to rush the game out to cash in, then throw out bait for the older fans by making the third version(s) have everything.
---
I do art!
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3120
#2425 Posted: 15:21:16 12/06/2019
i understand why theyre doing it, but that doesnt mean i have to like it.

itd be a VERY big game with every asset in it. i wish they just had you download the rest onto the switch itself and not the cartridge. if my faves cant be used in this game ill be really disappointed, but i also have really mainstream faves so im not super worried.

EDIT: i heard it was because they were completely redoing the models and that doing more than just the dex would take too long which is something im more willing to accept. still sucks
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:28:24 12/06/2019 by HotDogAndZap
#2426 Posted: 15:49:53 12/06/2019
Nope, the models seem to be just the XY models with new shaders and maybe some texture changes. We've seen from both Gen 1 and 6 and only a few animations got added for a *few* things.
---
I do art!
#2427 Posted: 16:24:43 12/06/2019
I mean, a handful of my all time favorites have already been confirmed, like Lucario, Minccino, and Weavile, but what does it mean for my niche faves like Beeheeyem or Bronzong?
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#2428 Posted: 16:34:25 12/06/2019
I find myself worried for Zoroark even though he’s basically the most popular 5th gen mon.

Kecleon is screwed, though.
---
#2429 Posted: 17:35:46 12/06/2019
arcanine is my favorite and theres already in game footage of him so im good
Muffin Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2877
#2430 Posted: 18:45:07 12/06/2019
So I guess the idea is that you can keep your entire collection in Pokemon Home, and in one game you can use a certain batch of them, then in another game you can use a different batch, etc.

Not sure I'll ever warm up to this idea...
---
whoever reads this shall succumb to the ways of the Muffin
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:45:57 12/06/2019 by Muffin Man
#2431 Posted: 20:19:50 12/06/2019
Interview with Masuda after the fact

Someone just use V-Create on this franchise already
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:20:15 12/06/2019 by Bifrost
#2432 Posted: 20:25:27 12/06/2019
Interview with Masuda after the fact

Someone just use V-Create on this franchise already

Pfft, casual.
*flails arms around*
Rayquaza surrounded itself with it’s Z-Power!
Rayquaza unleashed it’s full force Z-Move!
INFERNO OVERDRIVE

It’s not very effective due to how much the Pokédex has been watered down.
---
#2433 Posted: 20:43:28 12/06/2019
Gotta be Mega Rayquaza though. Swish is fair and balanced and everyone has a chance to shine, you see.

I have never been this livid over pokémon and I was around for Gates to Infinity drama. As someone said, EVERY favorite of mine could make it in, it doesn't matter, someone else's won't. This is the worst time for people on twitter to go "well ACKSHUALLY I like Charizard and Lucario so I don't care", that's selfish.
---
I do art!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:45:23 12/06/2019 by Bifrost
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 5286
#2434 Posted: 20:56:48 12/06/2019
Honestly Pokemon just doesn't...match up with a lot of Nintendo's current franchises. You see all these other series, Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing to an extent, take huge technological leaps with design and gameplay changes to make them more fun and accessible in the new era of games, but Pokemon hasn't evolved much from X and Y if not the original red, blue and green. They create new "gimmicks" in each gen to get you to play the game for the "Mega Evolutions" or the "Z-Moves" and now whatever the hell "Dynamic Battles" are. Yet these gimmicks are then either dropped or downgraded in the next gen.

WHY do Pokemon not follow you in the over world? Pokemon HeartGold/Soul Silver let Pokemon follow you, so why didn't they do that in White and Black? Or White 2 and Black 2? or X and Y? Sun and Moon???
You could argue that X and Y on they changed from 2D to 3D so they didn't want to do everything at once, which I get. But Let's Go let pokemon follow you, so why don't they in Sword and Shield? HELL wild pokemon are seen in the overworld! Why can't your pokemon be there too?! It's honestly baffling. They have 3D models for every pokemon, why are they not being used?

Why do pokemon all still do static boring attack moves? Why are the attacks such low quality? "You think they have the time and money to make unique moves for EVERY pokemon?!" YES! They are one, if not, the TOP GROSSING GAMING COMPANY. They can do SO much more than "Pokemon model is moved up and down on the Y axis and a png of a foot is placed on the other Pokemon model and flashes" They were able to at least do SOMETHING of the sort in the Pokemon Colosseum games.

It just feels like Gamefreak has given up and are doing the Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell approach where you don't have to put an ounce of effort into your works and they'll sell anyway because of the name on it. It seems they rush the games out to have them out during times of high sales, like wanting Sword and Shield to be out in time for the holidays instead of actually taking the time to make a quality game. I'm betting we'll be getting a Sword and Shield 2 in the coming years where they "fix" things that were wrong in the original SnS.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#2435 Posted: 21:31:11 12/06/2019
Kinda. Pokémon Colosseum had the same system as the 3D games where pokémon have animations for Special, Physical and Status. HOWEVER, in there the Pokémon did indeed emote a lot before the move fired, like say Nidoking twisting its hips to prepare to fire a Special move rather than going up and down.

But like... If it's REALLY hard to make battles work with so much animation, that's ok, keep the old ones. But bring the Pokémon. There are people just making **** up about how the games would be too hard with 800 entities and assets not knowing how much a town gets stuffed with in the regular to look alive. And that's a GF game which tends to feel empty and lonely, not BOTW, not Odyssey, not Xenoblade, which do FAR MORE.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:33:32 12/06/2019 by Bifrost
#2436 Posted: 21:32:45 12/06/2019
[User Posted Image]

But Pokemon's been rushing games since Gen 4 sooooo
---
(◕︿◕✿)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:33:08 12/06/2019 by Vespi
#2437 Posted: 21:43:45 12/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Like, I feel that the game will still be enjoyable in of itself, and I still intend to get one of them.
But all of the things I've heard - both from people defending this decision, and Masuda himself - sound like blatant excuses to me. :/
#2438 Posted: 22:11:22 12/06/2019
Honestly, since they've said they're going to choose the Pokemon they think fans will be most happy with, I'm curious who they see as fan favorites for the game. Lucario, Pikachu, and potentially Charizard, it's no surprise those three are there, they're not just fan favorites, but faces for the franchise. Going by Serebii's pokedex list, it DOES seem they have a general idea of who are popular and are not, while also going with a few niche choices Garbodor and my boy Bronzong. Although, then again, most fans do like those two, and they aren't really forgettable.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:17:15 12/06/2019 by HeyitsHotDog
#2439 Posted: 23:16:35 12/06/2019
pour one out for qwilfish
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#2440 Posted: 00:04:11 13/06/2019
Quote: Vespi
[img]http://i.imgur.com/hjdxD7q.jpg[img]

But Pokemon's been rushing games since Gen 4 sooooo

Damn if that ain't true. Pokemon didn't need to be an annual (or near annual) released franchise and the last few gens probably would've been far more amazing if they'd taken a little extra time on them. A bit of proof-reading probably would've gone a long way on S/M's story at the least.

And yeah, even if I get Chandelure in, or some other oddball faves like Unown, Furret, Ledian, Ariados, or Chinchou, it'll still suck for all the ones still missing. I like to keep a collection of Ghost Pokemon, a shiny of every Ghost, that I've been taking pride in and happily transferred forward each gen and helping it grow with each new game. It'll be a real disappointment to not be able to bring them ALL over, together, and I know I won't be able to bring every last one. Shedinja, Spiritomb, Sableye, Cofaqrigus, Gourgeist, Dhelmise, at least one is likely to not make the cut. They were all my precious babies and I mixed several of them around for my team. Losing just one is a painful blow and feels like there's just no point in bothering.

Consideration to buy the game, or hell even a Switch just to play it, has dropped immensely after this announcement.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:05:12 13/06/2019 by Seiki
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8340
#2441 Posted: 01:01:25 13/06/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Like, I feel that the game will still be enjoyable in of itself, and I still intend to get one of them.
But all of the things I've heard - both from people defending this decision, and Masuda himself - sound like blatant excuses to me. :/

See, that's where I'm most, uh, disappointed in this whole thing. If Game Freak just came out and said that the process was too time-consuming for them to be able to manage yearly releases, then, while I'd be upset, I'd understand. The whole "balancing and optimization" reasoning that they're using smells very fishy. Yes, I imagine it takes a lot of time to model and animate the new 'mons... and probably the humans, too. But, like, didn't they take all thise time to create high-fidelity models (and animations including walking/running) whose data was all in USUM?

I think that Go has become too lucrative and that mobile-driven, high-profit green has effected the mentality of making mainline games. :/

Honestly... Game Freak is overworked. They're trying to do what Activision does with Call of Duty, except they're one dev studio while Activision has three rotating CoD development. They need other studios helping them. Or they need to stop yearly releases. Or, if they refuse, then they're honestly better off going back to sprite-based games. Gen V was highly optimized and they were able to make unique, animated sprites for 650+ 'mons and forms that they used for only that Gen and never again.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, it seems the interwebs is recreating music tracks from the E3 footage... except for one track which folks have apparently managed to rip from a Japanese Twitter trailer?

Huh. Never thought we'd get a sweet rave party in a pokémon game. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:18:38 13/06/2019 by HIR
Felines Diamond Sparx Gems: 8393
#2442 Posted: 01:17:47 13/06/2019
Quote: Felines

That isn't a thing though. Every pokémon has 3D models, walking animations, rigs for everything, in extremely high quality since S/M. If they can fit on the 3DS(if without said walking), they can fit on a Switch. This feels like they want to rush the game out to cash in, then throw out bait for the older fans by making the third version(s) have everything.

At first, I thought they were cutting Pokemon to save space, but then I started wondering, why can't they do that if they can fit a game as enormous as Breath of the Wild. But now it's becoming evident that such a move is to save money and keep things on schedule. Even my favorite game had many things cut because they wanted to keep things on schedule and prevent spending more money. But how much will they lose for making a move like that? I know of people that are cancelling their orders already. I agree with Miyamoto's saying. No matter how enthusiastic I am about anything, being a videogame, a movie, a book or a series, I'd rather wait for the final product to be improved rather than have it quickly and with flaws that could've been fixed.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#2443 Posted: 14:11:17 13/06/2019
The removal of megas and z crystals are a good thing.
Yes they were good mechanics, but using Dynamax WITH megas and z crystals sounds broken.
---
Grookey is top starter
#2444 Posted: 14:14:40 13/06/2019
Yes they were good mechanics, but using Dynamax WITH megas and z crystals sounds broken.

I doubt they'd let you use 2 of those at ones. Megas can't use Z Moves, and Pokemon with z crystals can't Mega evolve.
---
#2445 Posted: 17:42:55 13/06/2019
im gonna miss megas tbh. they were my favorite gen troupe. never got into z moves and such. plus they had neat lore.
somePerson Emerald Sparx Gems: 4754
#2446 Posted: 17:43:13 13/06/2019

idk introducing gimmicks and then getting rid of them is not fun. dynamax is basically every pokemon getting mega but not as fun or makes ****mons good
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:43:24 13/06/2019 by somePerson
Muffin Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2877
#2447 Posted: 17:46:54 13/06/2019
Wait, megas are confirmed gone? That might tip me over into not buying this game...Mega Charizard Y has been a staple of my competitive team and I can't bear to go back to a world where 'Zard is crap again...

Plus I really just adored the concept of a "temporary fourth stage" so much. It was bad enough that they didn't expand on it, now that it's gone (along with so many of the existing pokemon) I think I'll likely just stick with the 3DS games.
---
whoever reads this shall succumb to the ways of the Muffin
#2448 Posted: 17:50:04 13/06/2019
gamefreak could kick my ribs in and spit on me and id still buy every pkmn game they churn out but my excitement for swsh has depleted immensely.
#2449 Posted: 18:35:13 13/06/2019
Beedril goes back to the bottom of the barrel competitively once more.

Yes, they're confirmed replaced by Dynamaxing. As if Dexit wasn't enough.
---
I do art!
#2450 Posted: 22:38:04 13/06/2019
About 1000 pokemon including form changes

NICE
---
Grookey is top starter
First | Previous | Page 49 of 50 | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me