Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Bosses from other games that would make ideal Spyro bosses
Page 1 of 1
Bosses from other games that would make ideal Spyro bosses
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 10:54:49 28/08/2017 | Topic Creator
What non-Spyro game bosses do you think would fit into a future Spyro game?

Would they're attack be suited for Spyro's paltforming abilities or maybe their visual design, theme music or backstory add something to Spyro?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#2 Posted: 13:07:15 28/08/2017
I don't have a specific boss in mind, but what about a parallel/foil to Spyro? Assuming dark energy is still a thing in the next game it could be someone who foolishly believes they can control it like Dark Spyro currently does in Skylanders. They intend to use this power for good but of course they end up being taken over and becoming evil. Could be Cynder (though I like the idea of her being Spyro's Mum) another friend, or someone completely new.

Or instead of working to gain necessary items from people this other anti hero is just taking what he needs, sometimes through force. At first he seems friendly, just showing up mysteriously and giving Spyro items before vanishing, but later you meet someone who tells you the item they meant to give you was stolen. It could be that they don't realize till after you've done the task they requested, so this misguided 'hero' isn't even helping you.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#3 Posted: 17:02:37 28/08/2017
This topic title is misleading. It sounds like you're asking me what bosses from other, existing games could work in a Spyro game. In which case, my response is you could probably retool several of the Ratchet & Clank bosses to Spyro's mechanics and they would work out great.

But if you're asking me boss ideas for a new game? Well, ignoring LoS, bosses were always pretty meh in the Spyro games. Either they relied solely on collecting power ups (nearly every YotD and RR boss), were just chasing a boss down a corridor (the original game), or involved waiting through an attack pattern until the boss's weak point was exposed (Crush, Ripto in ETD, and every AHT boss). Buzz is pretty much the sole boss in the classic Spyro series that I think put Spyro's basic control and mechanics (namely, jumping and charging) to decent use.

So that's what I would be looking for. Bosses that, in theory, are always vulnerable. But you need to figure out how to damage them (whether its flaming/charging or some combination to knock them into an environmental hazard) and, more importantly, you need to time your attacks well so you're not running right into one of their attacks. And, of course, have the bosses add in new attacks the more you damage them.

Alternatively, if Spyro's going to get multiple breath types, some puzzle bosses would be nice. Maybe you fight a water mage and need to freeze its attacks at the right time, for example. Something to that effect. I'm not saying bosses need to be intense, epic showdowns, but they shouldn't be over in 30-60 seconds either.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#4 Posted: 17:25:07 28/08/2017
^I like that idea.

What were the best bosses in LOS in your opinion? I don' remember them much, but I know a lot of them relied on button mashing and the occasional quick time event. I think I recall some waiting in ANB's bosses too, like when Cynder would fly around and you'd have to wait for her to land in Convexity, and dodging attacks from the ice king in Dante's Freezer.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:31:41 28/08/2017 by ClassicSpyroLUV
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#5 Posted: 22:32:29 28/08/2017
Spoilered because it's a new game

I'd say the Phantom of The Bwahpara and MegaDragonBowser(No I didn't misspell that, that's how it is in-game) would work
I love musical bosses, and since Mesmerelda worked so well, It would only make sense
While MegaDragonBowser is such a threatening sight to behold, a great boss design and there is so much you can do with a dragon possesed by a Megabug

In case you are wondering these bosses are from mario+Rabbids
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#6 Posted: 04:04:40 30/08/2017
What about a boss fight while you're falling from the sky? You have to keep gliding, because if you fall too far you can't recover. Sometimes you can land on falling debris to knock it toward the enemy and sometimes you have to drop or roll to dodge attacks all while keeping an eye out for things heading towards you that will knock you down and cause damage.

Or a fight inside a tornado. Very similar but the tornado would require the player to utilize the wind current idea I came up with in the reboot topic to function. It could be a revival of Blowhard, possibly outside of the remasters. You have to chase him down as before, or possibly run from him and use the wind to gain ground, dodge attacks and attack in turn. Maybe you start ahead of him, running with he camera ahead of you and have to maneuver around him to attack from behind. You would have limited time to attack before he realizes what's going on and ducks out of site before reappearing behind you. So you'd have to wait until there are objects around that you can use to attack but none that can disrupt your flight/glide. The difference would be that attack objects are reasonably sized while damaging ones are very small, like a mini hail storm. Huge ones, like pieces of buildings, can be maneuvered around, used as a shield or landed on to change direction. You'd have to use these tactics because any breath attack would be blown back at you.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me