Forum

Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Poll

Favourite Upgrade Path: Blaster-Tron
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic
First | Previous | Page 4 of 75 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 73 74 75
Spyro: Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic [STICKY]
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1485
#151 Posted: 01:16:10 14/02/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy
Quote: Lunarz
Quote: HeyitsHotDog



[User Posted Image]


Through what means?


prostitution?



are you guys trying to get dark52 to post in here or something? you know how he likes his prostitues. what do you think i am to him?

I've been on twitter, looking through #spyro, and people are going nuts, even thought it isn't confirmed yet. I think it will happen surely, but it would seem the party has already started!


We are all prostitutes to Dark52
---
"This isn't just you being gay is it?"
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5000
#152 Posted: 01:24:03 14/02/2018
Quote: Radiance
If it seriously does happen, and if it's ported to the Switch the following year... well, it'll be worth the wait. I really don't want to waste a whopping four-hundred or so on a PS4 just to get a Spyro trilogy. smilie;; (though South Park and Digimon do look tempting, but... an open-world Pokemon seems much more glorious)

That, and if Crash DOES come to the Switch, I'll probably pick that up too, whenever I do get a Switch at some point.


Do you live in the US, or? If you live somewhere like Brazil or Australia/New Zealand, I could understand that complaint, but if you live in the US, the PS4 sells as low as $200. (If not lower sometimes)
---
Long live the king!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:11:37 14/02/2018 by Sesshomaru75
LindseyWednesdy Green Sparx Gems: 279
#153 Posted: 01:41:05 14/02/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Radiance
If it seriously does happen, and if it's ported to the Switch the following year... well, it'll be worth the wait. I really don't want to waste a whopping four-hundred or so on a PS4 just to get a Spyro trilogy. ^^;; (though South Park and Digimon do look tempting, but... an open-world Pokemon seems much more glorious)

That, and if Crash DOES come to the Switch, I'll probably pick that up too, whenever I do get a Switch at some point.


Do you live in the US or? If you live somewhere like Brazil or Australia/New Zealand I could understand that complaint, but if in the US the PS4 sells as low as $200 if not lower sometimes.


Please, point me in the direction of these sales, because I need my hands on a PS4 before Spyro and Final Fantasy 7 Remake drops! :-)

Surely, you don't mean brand new, do you?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5000
#154 Posted: 01:53:01 14/02/2018
I thought you could get a Slim for $200, but I guess it's $299? Maybe it's the original model that I'm thinking of, ignore me then. lmao
---
Long live the king!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:09:01 14/02/2018 by Sesshomaru75
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3345
#155 Posted: 01:57:21 14/02/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Radiance
If it seriously does happen, and if it's ported to the Switch the following year... well, it'll be worth the wait. I really don't want to waste a whopping four-hundred or so on a PS4 just to get a Spyro trilogy. smilie;; (though South Park and Digimon do look tempting, but... an open-world Pokemon seems much more glorious)

That, and if Crash DOES come to the Switch, I'll probably pick that up too, whenever I do get a Switch at some point.


Do you live in the US or? If you live somewhere like Brazil or Australia/New Zealand I could understand that complaint, but if in the US the PS4 sells as low as $200 if not lower sometimes.


Oh, I do! However, I'm only deciding on one gaming console this year. smilie I may have the money, but I want to make the best decision in purchasing the one that I truly want. I don't want to think that I've felt cheated in wasting money that could have been used to pay for my gas or bills. I hope you can understand.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:58:02 14/02/2018 by Radiance
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3127
#156 Posted: 01:59:57 14/02/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I thought you could get a Slim for $200, but I guess it's #299? Maybe it's the original model that I'm thinking of. Ignore me then. lmao



[User Posted Image]

nosepass is certainly not slim
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5000
#157 Posted: 02:03:47 14/02/2018
Quote: Radiance
Oh, I do! However, I'm only deciding on one gaming console this year. smilie I may have the money, but I want to make the best decision in purchasing the one that I truly want. I don't want to think that I've felt cheated in wasting money that could have been used to pay for my gas or bills. I hope you can understand.


Yeah, I can understand that.

I personally think that the PS4 has much more to offer, not just in exclusives, but third-party support and power as well, but that's just me. *shrug*
The Switch itself appears to be a good investment at the moment, and I know that I want one really badly, but then again I already have a PS4, sooo. smilie
---
Long live the king!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:10:16 14/02/2018 by Sesshomaru75
LindseyWednesdy Green Sparx Gems: 279
#158 Posted: 02:03:49 14/02/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I thought you could get a Slim for $200, but I guess it's #299? Maybe it's the original model that I'm thinking of. Ignore me then. lmao


Ahhhhhh, ok. I'll look into anyway, $299 is still better than $400! >:-)
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5000
#159 Posted: 02:07:33 14/02/2018
Yeah, only the PS4 Pro costs that much. That's what I got, but you really don't need to get a Pro unless you want to play your games in 4K. smilie (I don't have a 4K TV in my room, I just figured that I'd get the stronger model is all)
---
Long live the king!
LindseyWednesdy Green Sparx Gems: 279
#160 Posted: 03:08:21 14/02/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Yeah, only the PS4 Pro costs that much. That's what I got, but you really don't need to get a Pro unless you want to play your games in 4K. :P (I don't have a 4K TV in my room, I just figured that I'd get the stronger model is all)


Now, the only thing for me would be the desire to see spyro in 4k then, but I don't have, and probably can't afford a 4K TV anyway, so I guess the slim would be enough. As long as it isn't going to freeze and freak out every five minutes in comparison to the PS4 pro. My ps3 would do this on spec intensive games... :-(
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
SpcePirateMnky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1648
#161 Posted: 04:35:54 14/02/2018
Been a while since I said something here. Seriously hope these rumors are true. I don't mind if it would be PS4 exclusive or not. I already got a PS4 for the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. But seriously, hearing how it's coming from a reliable source, it just might be true. Fingers crossed. They got to do something for Spyro. It's his 20th anniversary!

Having it on other systems would be pretty cool. Porting the Crash Trilogy on Nintendo Switch, just imagine... [User Posted Image]
I couldn't resist.
LindseyWednesdy Green Sparx Gems: 279
#162 Posted: 04:45:24 14/02/2018
Quote: SpcePirateMnky
Been a while since I said something here. Seriously hope these rumors are true. I don't mind if it would be PS4 exclusive or not. I already got a PS4 for the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. But seriously, hearing how it's coming from a reliable source, it just might be true. Fingers crossed. They got to do something for Spyro. It's his 20th anniversary!

Having it on other systems would be pretty cool. Porting the Crash Trilogy on Nintendo Switch, just imagine... [User Posted Image]
I couldn't resist.


I think it is a sure thing. Some parts of the rumors, I'm a little bit skeptical of, but it seems way too likely now.

That picture made me laugh. Funky mode, lol.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1044
#163 Posted: 05:09:49 14/02/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I just hope that, if we get Spyro remasters, it gets a multi console release.


*remakes

Highly unlikely. Seeing as how Crash is still exclusive, I don't see Spyro being any different. Even if Crash does suddenly go multiplatform, Spyro would likely remain exclusive for the same amount of time.

Edit: Just to note, I'm not saying this as if I'm against multiplatform release, I'm just saying it's unlikely given Crash's situation.


What if they release Spyro cross console at the same time they port Crash cross console? It would make sense. Popular as Spyro is, it could never hurt to draw even more attention to him by connecting him with a popular existing IP. Especially if the Crash ports come a little before Spyro and have the demo.
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5000
#164 Posted: 05:39:57 14/02/2018
I personally don't imagine that they would do it that way. Spyro remakes would likely be exclusive for as long as the Crash remakes are. So, if the Crash remakes are being ported this year, then likely Spyro would also be exclusive for a year.
---
Long live the king!
alicecarp Diamond Sparx Gems: 9266
#165 Posted: 10:04:50 14/02/2018
As much as I wanted this, I kinda hope that Spyro, Crash and Kingdom Hearts 3 (which is also rumoured to get ported) don't get Switch ports because that would've meant that I bought my PS4 almost for nothing. On the other hand, at least I'd get to play Spyro and KH3 on the day they come out instead of waiting for potential Switch ports which would take longer.
---
A wise dragon once told me; Aim high in life and watch out for flying boxes.
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3009
#166 Posted: 14:53:24 14/02/2018
Oh my gosh, a Spyro remaster, what great news to wake up to! The timing with Spyro's 20th anniversary and the development team from N. Sane Trilogy- I just knew it! We had the same clues as two years ago before the Crash remaster was revealed, but still I thought it was too good to be true. Now, I'm hoping for a Spyro spotlight in E3 this year! Let's just hope it isn't as disappointing as the Crash reveal was. To be fair, at the time we were expecting a new game instead of a remaster, and they also revealed that Crash would be a Skylander.

Just one thing: if Spyro 2 doesn't have double jump... I'm not playing it. smilie


Edit: my signature, which I haven't changed in forever, seems very appropriate right about now smilie
---
You gotta believe!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:55:24 14/02/2018 by madison-dwrd
SuperSpyroFan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5836
#167 Posted: 19:04:32 14/02/2018
I'm worried about the Spyro remaster, because if they started to develop it when they finished Crash, then that means they haven't had a lot of time, and it could mean that it gets rushed, let's hope Activision have learned since Enter the Dragonfly.

And to those who want the "double-jump" glitch from Spyro 2, I personally don't see that happening, because Insomniac fixed this in Spyro 3, so by that point they knew about the glitch, so I doubt Activision, or who ever is developing this would make the same mistake again. And yes, it technically was a mistake, so it's not exactly a feature that they can put in the game, it wasn't meant to be there in the first place.
---
Spyro's a good boy.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 4884
#168 Posted: 19:07:05 14/02/2018
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I'm worried about the Spyro remaster, because if they started to develop it when they finished Crash, then that means they haven't had a lot of time, and it could mean that it gets rushed, let's hope Activision have learned since Enter the Dragonfly.

And to those who want the "double-jump" glitch from Spyro 2, I personally don't see that happening, because Insomniac fixed this in Spyro 3, so by that point they knew about the glitch, so I doubt Activision, or who ever is developing this would make the same mistake again. And yes, it technically was a mistake, so it's not exactly a feature that they can put in the game, it wasn't meant to be there in the first place.


The only glitch I could see being in the games is swimming in the air due to it's popularity. Double-jumping completely breaks Spyro 2 (just watch a speedrun of it).
---
"Well well... someone forgot to invite me to the party!" Ripto, from Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (1999).
alicecarp Diamond Sparx Gems: 9266
#169 Posted: 20:18:23 14/02/2018
Maybe they'll do what Nintendo did with the 3DS remakes of Zelda OoT and MM where they added the same glitches from the original so that new or younger players can experience them.
---
A wise dragon once told me; Aim high in life and watch out for flying boxes.
TheToyNerd Yellow Sparx Gems: 1741
#170 Posted: 20:29:11 14/02/2018
This is actually pretty exciting as someone who has no idea what the hell Spyro is. Maybe I’ll finally be able to hang with the cool kids of this forum
---
Figuring some stuff out...
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 5763
#171 Posted: 20:55:11 14/02/2018
Quote: TheToyNerd
This is actually pretty exciting as someone who has no idea what the hell Spyro is. Maybe I’ll finally be able to hang with the cool kids of this forum


If you like collectathons and killing videogame animals - alternatively, sticking horns in backsides - , then there's plenty waiting for you. I never got around to playing because I don't care about setting up PS1 emulation on my computer, but I watched plenty and played what came after plenty as well.
---
I do art!
Those who called us mad, are you listening? (...) Your future is a farce! You have none!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:55:38 14/02/2018 by Bifrost
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 4884
#172 Posted: 21:07:46 14/02/2018
Quote: TheToyNerd
This is actually pretty exciting as someone who has no idea what the hell Spyro is. Maybe I’ll finally be able to hang with the cool kids of this forum


Man ToyNerd, enjoy it man. I wish I could replay the trilogy again from scratch without any knowledge again smilie . Will always have that memory though.
---
"Well well... someone forgot to invite me to the party!" Ripto, from Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (1999).
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3127
#173 Posted: 21:10:04 14/02/2018
Quote: JCW555
Quote: TheToyNerd
This is actually pretty exciting as someone who has no idea what the hell Spyro is. Maybe I’ll finally be able to hang with the cool kids of this forum


Man ToyNerd, enjoy it man. I wish I could replay the trilogy again from scratch without any knowledge again smilie . Will always have that memory though.



-----------------
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3927
#174 Posted: 21:27:20 14/02/2018
Quote: JCW555
Quote: TheToyNerd
This is actually pretty exciting as someone who has no idea what the hell Spyro is. Maybe I’ll finally be able to hang with the cool kids of this forum


Man ToyNerd, enjoy it man. I wish I could replay the trilogy again from scratch without any knowledge again smilie . Will always have that memory though.


This is partially one of the reasons why I’m so excited about a remakes possibility.
I re-play the whole trilogy every two years or so, and while it’s always a blast it’s undeniable that playing it for the first time when I was a kid was a completely different experience.

Now certain parts almost feel mechanical, and there are basically no more secrets outside of glitches and out-of-bounds.

But now we could have the chance to re-live the amazement, at least to some extent: guess it happened the same with Crash but can’t really tell personally, both because it wasn’t as big as Spyro in my childhood and also because of the fixed camera and very linear levels which are always seen from the same perspective.

This will be unbelievable, and I sincerely can’t wait to know more.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bolt Emerald Sparx Gems: 4502
#175 Posted: 23:33:03 14/02/2018
I know it's stupid, but when I saw this article last night I actually cried. I had a real **** year last year and to hear this my heart just soared. I'm way too attached to this little purple dragon, it isn't funny. And I know it will turn out great because look at the amazing job VV did with the N.Sane Trilogy! I can't wait. I really can't wait. (Still holding out hope that they'll have Cynder in there some way lol. I don't care what people say, I would like to see Cynder in here somehow.)
---
it's no use crying over lost kittens or spilt milk
I draw stuff.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#176 Posted: 00:05:19 15/02/2018
I'm remaining skeptical. However, a Spyro Remaster is inevitable, it's not a matter of if, it's only a matter of when. I believe this article is shooting off assumptions way to early. I'm really hoping the article meant to say a Spyro Remaster will be announced instead of released in 2019, as I'd much prefer an official announcement that the game is in development. As SuperSpyroFan points out, we don't want a rushed and half-assed Spyro Remaster. Development of Spyro, a sandbox 3D Platformer, with unique environments and assets that is expensive to make within one year when the original trilogy took 3 years combined.... just sounds suspicious to me imo. I would much rather Spyro get a remaster announcement this year in time for his anniversary, and then it takes 3 years to develop if that's what is needed to get a polished remaster, than that's what I want. I'm not trying be a bemoaning Bryman, I'm just trying to be realistic
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:18:01 15/02/2018 by Bryman04
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 4222
#177 Posted: 00:10:06 15/02/2018
Quote: Bryman04
I'm remaining skeptical. However, a Spyro Remaster is inevitable, it's not a matter of if, it's only a matter of when. I believe this article is shooting off assumptions way to early. I'm really hoping the article meant to say a Spyro Remaster will be announced instead of released in 2019, as I'd much prefer an official announcement that the game is in development. As SuperSpyroFan points out, we don't want a rushed and half-assed Spyro Remaster. Development of Spyro, a sandbox 3D Platformer, with unique environments and assets that is expensive to make within one year when the original trilogy took 3 years combined.... just sounds suspicious to me imo. I'm not trying be a bemoaning Bryman, I'm just trying to be realistic



You're right, it does sound a bit suspicious in a way and taking a grain of salt with this is probably very good idea.

I mean there are ways a Spyro could have been developed and released this year if two separate teams worked on Crash and Spyro or VV was also assisted by TfB during development.


Who knows either way.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 4884
#178 Posted: 00:18:48 15/02/2018
I take the article a little more seriously because it's by Laura Kate Dale, who has a pretty good track record when it comes to leaks, and talking with friends I have, since joining Kotaku, she's been really spot on. The only thing I can see being changed is the release date, as Dale has been wrong about them in the past (with Super Mario Odyssey for example, she stated that it was a launch title for the Switch, but it came out later in 2017).
---
"Well well... someone forgot to invite me to the party!" Ripto, from Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (1999).
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:21:03 15/02/2018 by JCW555
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 4222
#179 Posted: 00:19:59 15/02/2018
Quote: JCW555
I take the article a little more seriously because it's by Laura Kate Dale, who has a pretty good track record when it comes to leaks, and talking with friends I have, since joining Kotaku, she's been really spot on. The only thing I can see being changed is the release date, as Dale has been wrong about them in the past (with Super Mario Odyssey for example, she stated that it was a launch title, but it came out later in 2017).



True, actually.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 5763
#180 Posted: 00:28:57 15/02/2018
Yeah, she mentioned herself it's a bit risky to talk about so much info months ahead of time, since not everything is confirmed or even decided.
---
I do art!
Those who called us mad, are you listening? (...) Your future is a farce! You have none!
alicecarp Diamond Sparx Gems: 9266
#181 Posted: 10:08:56 15/02/2018
I agree with Bryman. I think it'll be like N.Sane trilogy where it'll be announced this year for the 20th anniversary, but not released until the following year. I'd rather wait longer for a polished game than get an unpolished, holiday rushed game.

Also, I don't have any doubts, but March seems like a random time to announce the game. Why not E3? However, maybe it's because there's not gonna be a new Skylanders game announced this year, so Activision will be announcing the Spyro remake instead around the same time a Skylanders game is usually announced.
---
A wise dragon once told me; Aim high in life and watch out for flying boxes.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3927
#182 Posted: 10:28:46 15/02/2018
Didn’t thought about the remakes tehcnically taking the spot of this year’s Skylanders game, in terms of announcement and everything, but it makes sense.
I think March could make sense if the game gets released this year, be it September or later, to give fans quite a few months to hype up.

Part of me still believes the time windows and even the developers aren’t right (maybe even intentionally, like they do with certain Pokémon leaks to make them appear less legit) but other than that I consider it a pretty solid rumor; would be more for an E3 big annnouncement and a next year release.
Especially because of the writer’s credibility and how she said multiple sources confirmed it.

There is so much more I’d like to talk about, but I don’t want to clutter this topic with walls of text.
It’s just that the simple fact we are actually discussing about the original Spyro makes me so excited! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Muffin Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2325
#183 Posted: 14:04:44 15/02/2018
So how is dark52 going to categorize these remakes, anyway? Will all three remakes get their own forum, game pages, and spot at the top of the site or will the whole collection get put in one place? Or will each remake still be classified under the original games and lumped in with them?
---
*Gives you a muffin*
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 5763
#184 Posted: 14:07:48 15/02/2018
Quote: Muffin Man
So how is dark52 going to categorize these remakes, anyway? Will all three remakes get their own forum, game pages, and spot at the top of the site or will the whole collection get put in one place? Or will each remake still be classified under the original games and lumped in with them?


I hope it's a remake forum. Subforums just kill any attempt at long discussion, from Lost Islands, Battlecast and Sub-S&N I'm always surprised by people who can't see a tiny new posts icon and act like these sections don't exist.
---
I do art!
Those who called us mad, are you listening? (...) Your future is a farce! You have none!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:08:06 15/02/2018 by Bifrost
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 4884
#185 Posted: 15:40:34 15/02/2018
I think the March announcement makes sense given that Numskull Designs is supposed to announce their Spyro merchandise in March or April. The March to September time window makes sense to me because Crash got the similar six month window of hype.
---
"Well well... someone forgot to invite me to the party!" Ripto, from Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (1999).
SuperSpyroFan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5836
#186 Posted: 15:48:38 15/02/2018
The developers might have been working on a Spyro trilogy remake at the same time as Crash, there could be a possibility that Crash's development started in 2015, and then possibly Spyro's could have started a year later, in 2016, and then Crash released in 2017, and now Spyro this year, so technically, maybe Spyro has had the same amount of time as Crash? Like for instance:

Crash dev started in 2015, due for release in 2017.
Spyro started in 2016, due for 2018. <Trying to make it more clear.

Furthermore, don't forget that there's two teams working on these remasters, as in the credits of Crash N Sane, there was additional development by Toys for Bob, so the same could go for Spyro as well.
---
Spyro's a good boy.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:50:52 15/02/2018 by SuperSpyroFan
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 4884
#187 Posted: 16:08:04 15/02/2018
I also wouldn't be surprised of Insomniac Games gave them some assets as well. Naughty Dog did give the level geometry to Vicarious Visions for Crash, and Insomniac still does have the source code for the Spyro games IIRC, so I wouldn't be shocked if they helped out in some manner.
---
"Well well... someone forgot to invite me to the party!" Ripto, from Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (1999).
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:11:53 15/02/2018 by JCW555
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 7805
#188 Posted: 17:17:57 15/02/2018
Quote: JCW555
I also wouldn't be surprised of Insomniac Games gave them some assets as well. Naughty Dog did give the level geometry to Vicarious Visions for Crash, and Insomniac still does have the source code for the Spyro games IIRC, so I wouldn't be shocked if they helped out in some manner.


Hate to be a negative Nancy, here, but I don't think that's true. Insomniac has stated that they were poorly organized with storing source code in their early days. That's why the didn't have any of the R&C 2002 source code available for R&C 2016 and had to redo it all from scratch (using the PS3 remasters as a frame of reference).
---
*borks loudly* :3
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3927
#189 Posted: 17:28:53 15/02/2018
Luckily, Spyro never needed as much precision with collision and polygons as Crash.

The latter’s arcade and challenging nature requires jumps to be thought carefully and the movements to be as precise as possible.
With the former I can think of a couple situations where such precision was needed, at most, mainly in the first game.

They just need to get the proportions, the shapes and the overall structure of the level right.
After all they are remakes, minor differences are to be expected.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:30:48 15/02/2018 by Drek95
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 4884
#190 Posted: 17:31:11 15/02/2018
Quote: HIR
Quote: JCW555
I also wouldn't be surprised of Insomniac Games gave them some assets as well. Naughty Dog did give the level geometry to Vicarious Visions for Crash, and Insomniac still does have the source code for the Spyro games IIRC, so I wouldn't be shocked if they helped out in some manner.


Hate to be a negative Nancy, here, but I don't think that's true. Insomniac has stated that they were poorly organized with storing source code in their early days. That's why the didn't have any of the R&C 2002 source code available for R&C 2016 and had to redo it all from scratch (using the PS3 remasters as a frame of reference).


Hmmm, I do remember reading that somewhere. I would think Insomniac has something from the Spyro games I imagine.
---
"Well well... someone forgot to invite me to the party!" Ripto, from Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (1999).
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 7805
#191 Posted: 18:16:08 15/02/2018
Quote: Drek95
Luckily, Spyro never needed as much precision with collision and polygons as Crash.

The latter’s arcade and challenging nature requires jumps to be thought carefully and the movements to be as precise as possible.
With the former I can think of a couple situations where such precision was needed, at most, mainly in the first game.

They just need to get the proportions, the shapes and the overall structure of the level right.
After all they are remakes, minor differences are to be expected.


I disagree. I think the first Spyro game in particular (with its lack of a hover) had awful collision issues when it came to gliding. Let us all remember that obnoxious set of gems at the end of Metalhead that seems like a short, easy hop, but turns out to be awful thanks to bad collision detection. And considering Vicarious Visions had some hitbox issues with Crash (especially in Crash 1), that makes me nervous.

For that matter, do you think VV would add the hover into the Spyro 1 remake? <.<
---
*borks loudly* :3
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3927
#192 Posted: 18:38:14 15/02/2018
Yep, that was one of those situations.
Other major ones are that certain platform in Haunted Towers and the majority of Tree Tops.

But, not unlike what happens with Crash, I felt like the difficulty related to actual platforming and precision started getting lower in favor of the one related to mini-games and different gameplay mechanics.

Regarding hovering in the first game, V.V. did add running in Cortex Strikes Back, even if just for the sake of time challenges.
They didn’t add the other moves in the first game though, but again I feel like that was due to the structure of the game itself.

Hovering in the first game might simply make you able to land on previously unreachable locations (which could be used to house extra gems or collectables, to shake things up a bit for veterans), while being able to slide in the first Crash game might render certain obstacles, enemies and even sections quite trivial.

All up to the developers and how much they can or want to add, I guess.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2093
#193 Posted: 22:16:41 15/02/2018
I'm really looking forward to this.

I'll finally get to play the games that started this forum.
---
”’Demon’ can be an offensive term, refer to them as mortally challenged.”
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 5763
#194 Posted: 22:28:12 15/02/2018
uuuhhh, techhhhhnically, the site was opened during Spyro: Fusion's time

All jokes aside, I do wonder if they'll try to change Tree Tops to make it less confusing and/or hard. They wouldn't dare to the change the entire level, but I wonder how much it would change to add extra paths or lower/raise some plataforms.
---
I do art!
Those who called us mad, are you listening? (...) Your future is a farce! You have none!
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 4884
#195 Posted: 23:09:23 15/02/2018
Quote: Bifrost
uuuhhh, techhhhhnically, the site was opened during Spyro: Fusion's time

All jokes aside, I do wonder if they'll try to change Tree Tops to make it less confusing and/or hard. They wouldn't dare to the change the entire level, but I wonder how much it would change to add extra paths or lower/raise some plataforms.


I'd hope not. I've come to love and appreciate Tree Tops' challenge over the years, and dumbing that down would just not feel right to me.
---
"Well well... someone forgot to invite me to the party!" Ripto, from Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (1999).
danyq94 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1279
#196 Posted: 23:40:37 15/02/2018
Quote: Muffin Man
So how is dark52 going to categorize these remakes, anyway? Will all three remakes get their own forum, game pages, and spot at the top of the site or will the whole collection get put in one place? Or will each remake still be classified under the original games and lumped in with them?


Like N.Sane Trilogy, the Spyro Remake Trilogy is one game after all.
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 4884
#197 Posted: 23:41:35 15/02/2018
dark has confirmed to me that once it's confirmed, it'll get it's own board.
---
"Well well... someone forgot to invite me to the party!" Ripto, from Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (1999).
Riser Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#198 Posted: 02:12:11 16/02/2018
If and when this gets announced, I'm gonna put in a preorder like straightttt away. Next to the Jak games, Spyro on PS1 is easily the most played games of my childhood! I'm definitely playing Year Of The Dragon first. <3
---
This is survival of the fittest~
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3927
#199 Posted: 02:21:04 16/02/2018
Quote: JCW555
Quote: Bifrost
uuuhhh, techhhhhnically, the site was opened during Spyro: Fusion's time

All jokes aside, I do wonder if they'll try to change Tree Tops to make it less confusing and/or hard. They wouldn't dare to the change the entire level, but I wonder how much it would change to add extra paths or lower/raise some plataforms.


I'd hope not. I've come to love and appreciate Tree Tops' challenge over the years, and dumbing that down would just not feel right to me.


Agree.
While Tree Tops definitely isn’t exactly clear in its design and purpose, I feel like trying to make it easier or more straightforward could potentially ruin its concept and turn it into a rather forgettable level; they could add some kind of general “easy mode” for new players in the form of fairies saving you from falling to death (just like in High Caves) but I think the structure should be left as it is.

Maybe a couple signs to help with the direction?

Speaking of changes and risks, I wonder how they’ll handle the soundtrack.
Not talking solely about Copeland’s collaboration, but also about the tracks themselves: will they use the Greatest Hits’ one or will they stick to the first soundtrack with its repetitions here and there?
Will there be regional differences?

Not sure what I’d prefer myself, guess the latter since it’s what I’m used to, but I feel like the music is a big part of what made Spyro so memorable.
Not going as far as other people and say that the games will be ruined if they won’t get it right, but they will indeed lose part of their charme.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
SuperSpyroFan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5836
#200 Posted: 06:02:39 16/02/2018
Quote: HIR
Quote: Drek95
Luckily, Spyro never needed as much precision with collision and polygons as Crash.

The latter’s arcade and challenging nature requires jumps to be thought carefully and the movements to be as precise as possible.
With the former I can think of a couple situations where such precision was needed, at most, mainly in the first game.

They just need to get the proportions, the shapes and the overall structure of the level right.
After all they are remakes, minor differences are to be expected.


I disagree. I think the first Spyro game in particular (with its lack of a hover) had awful collision issues when it came to gliding. Let us all remember that obnoxious set of gems at the end of Metalhead that seems like a short, easy hop, but turns out to be awful thanks to bad collision detection. And considering Vicarious Visions had some hitbox issues with Crash (especially in Crash 1), that makes me nervous.

For that matter, do you think VV would add the hover into the Spyro 1 remake? <.<



Just to let you know those gems in Metal head are not there in the PAL version. So maybe VV can move gems around?
Also if you hold down X for a higher jump and then glide you have a better chance of getting to a platform. You just have to play the game a little differently compared to the sequels.
---
Spyro's a good boy.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:04:49 16/02/2018 by SuperSpyroFan
First | Previous | Page 4 of 75 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 73 74 75

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me