darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 25 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#1201 Posted: 21:18:16 22/03/2018
I don't understand why people keep saying that Spyro's levels are really "big", they're really not that big at all, if you were to go from the start of a level, to the end, without doing any of the challenges, it would probably take you a minute, or two, and for the most part are linear. We're not talking of a scale like say for instance, GTA: San Andreas, now that map, is HUGE.

I think because there's so many things to do within the levels, it hides the fact that the levels are actually pretty small.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#1202 Posted: 21:22:21 22/03/2018
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I don't understand why people keep saying that Spyro's levels are really "big", they're really not that big at all, if you were to go from the start of a level, to the end, without doing any of the challenges, it would probably take you a minute, or two, and for the most part are linear. We're not talking of a scale like say for instance, GTA: San Andreas, now that map, is HUGE.

I think because there's so many things to do within the levels, it hides the fact that the levels are actually pretty small.

Yeah, this.
I think you're also given the allusion of large space because of the draw distance.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#1203 Posted: 21:22:52 22/03/2018
They were big for their time, I guess. They're still slightly bigger than most of Banjo-Kazooie(smaller than Tooie), though, since there are a lot more plains and indoor areas.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1204 Posted: 21:31:21 22/03/2018
Quote: Bolt
But if that's the case, they should probably delay the release date of the game as well, for marketing and such. As it's been said many times before, Spyro is a much larger game than Crash (open worlds as opposed to linear levels) so it's understandable if this project needs to stay in développement for a longer period. I'm fine with that, I just want offical confirmation already. X'D
Things get pushed back all the time, so if it doesn't get announced at E3, I'll still hold out hope. c:

I dont think they‘d need so much promotion, aside from TV-Spots, which could already be produced during development f.e. Also a press release and every (big) site will do the marketing automatically. It‘ll spread quickly.
The old Spyro generation, Skylanders and the Crash fans will know what to expect. I for myself would buy it on day 1, without reviews smilie
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:34:03 22/03/2018 by myskylanders
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8554
#1205 Posted: 21:41:03 22/03/2018
Quote: parisruelz12

Yeah, this.
I think you're also given the allusion of large space because of the draw distance.

I think people are not saying that the Spyro levels/worlds are big necessarily, but in comparison to Crash's levels, they're a lot bigger/more expansive. I also think that VV would make the levels bigger too, to accommodate for the newer systems.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:43:48 22/03/2018 by JCW555
#1206 Posted: 22:01:59 22/03/2018
Quote: JCW555

Yeah, this.

I think people are not saying that the Spyro levels/worlds are big necessarily, but in comparison to Crash's levels, they're a lot bigger/more expansive. I also think that VV would make the levels bigger too, to accommodate for the newer systems.

I doubt if they would make the levels bigger, they didn't do it with Crash, so why would they feel the need to do it for Spyro? They might add more challenges, or finish off the one in Spyro 3, in the level, Dino Mines. Possibly? Add little things like maybe a cutscene between Spyro and the Sorceress before they battle? But making the levels larger just for the sake of it seems a little silly to me, it would end up being like Enter the Dragonfly, where the levels would feel too big. And you'd end up with wasted space.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#1207 Posted: 22:06:57 22/03/2018
At this point, people just need to stop harping on ever single little nugget getting used to turn the rumor mill. I feel like you all could be a lot more excited if you stopped anticipating an announcement coming soon and allowed yourselves to be genuinely surprised if it actually ends up happening. I mean, I'm just thankful the Spyro fanbase is much smaller. This kind of hype culture gets really bad for things like Smash and Pokémon. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#1208 Posted: 22:09:50 22/03/2018
Well but we need something to talk about, we have to make up topics until we‘ll get real stuff to talk about smilie
---
#1209 Posted: 22:11:32 22/03/2018
Quote: HIR
At this point, people just need to stop harping on ever single little nugget getting used to turn the rumor mill. I feel like you all could be a lot more excited if you stopped anticipating an announcement coming soon and allowed yourselves to be genuinely surprised if it actually ends up happening. I mean, I'm just thankful the Spyro fanbase is much smaller. This kind of hype culture gets really bad for things like Smash and Pokémon. >.>

It's really hard not to be excited when you're really passionate about something. And especially when there hasn't been an entry in the "Spyro" brand series since 2008. So it's kind of understandable why a lot of people are becoming inpatient, especially when we hear news, and then it becomes false, way too many times.

But we do know that it's happening, so that's something.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1210 Posted: 00:42:42 23/03/2018
I’ll try to explain a bit better why I’m currently quite pissed.
I apologize in advance for the likely long post.

Like many of us, Spyro was basically my first true videogame experience.
Can’t speak for everyone however when I say that it was so much more: it resonated so deeply with me, during all the times I played the original trilogy, that it helped shape my artistic taste, musical preference and somehow even the personality (not to mention all the memories tied to it, but I don’t want to end up being nostalgic for the sake of it).
It might sound crazy or exaggerated because people usually associate those feelings with books, movies or paintings but I’m strongly convinced gaming is just another form of art.

And I fully realize those games are by no mean perfect, to the point these remakes could potentially fix some of those “problems”, yet this is probably the franchise I care the most in the whole industry.
And these feelings only kept growing and becoming stronger as the years passed and I continued playing those games and enjoying them almost like the first time.
It’s truly not a matter of blind nostalgia, they really stood the test of time for me.

Like everyone I got extremely excited after they announced Crash’s remakes, because I saw the potential for Spyro’s return as well, and I followed all the various videogame events hoping to see the live reveal only to end up disappointed; my fault of course, there weren’t even rumors at those times but still.
It wasn’t until Laura’s leak, or more precisely the discovery of the Falcon McBob Twitter account, that my hype and excitement truly exploded because finally I saw some concrete evidence.
My mind immediately started thinking about the time we’ll finally be able to gather here and express our enthusiasm about the announcement and starting discussing some facts, not just speculating.

But after three weeks of nothing official, and yet another Thursday passing by without a single hint from the right accounts, I’m starting to think this dream won’t come true: Sunday I’ll leave my country for two weeks and if the big reveal will truly happen during March then I won’t be able to see it “live” nor discuss with you guys.
Somehow this feels bittersweet, because while I’ll still freak out for joy I won’t be able to share that wonderful moment with you, after all the days we speculated and talked about leaks and rumors; I’ll probably won’t be there for the grand finale.

On top of that, while I still want to make it clear how I care a lot less about them than it might look, there are the previous false leaks, mocking and ambiguous teasing which simply didn’t make the waiting any easier.
I couldn’t car less if the game was releasing in September or next Summer, want I want is simply a teaser in any form: video, image, post, whatever.
Anything will be better than this deafening silence.
Activision proved to be very skillful when it comes to promote the franchise they truly care about, why can’t they realize the fanbase can’t and won’t take this as a good sign...?

Sorry for the sentimental or dramatic tone and if I sounded like I pretend to be the biggest Spyro fan in the muktiverse, I know this may sound ridiculous even to other passionate fans, but I’ve always said I would have gone nuts only for this very single moment and I’m definitely fulfilling my expectations. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:50:17 23/03/2018 by Drek95
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#1211 Posted: 00:45:19 23/03/2018
I think this game will end up like Crash insane trilogy, so you never know what's going on in the company, but some of this is plausible good news.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#1212 Posted: 01:07:11 23/03/2018
I've literally refused to let myself get excited for this at all or get my hopes up. I mean, I'm quite pessimistic anyway but when it's one of my favourite things in the world, I'd rather expect nothing and get something than get excited and nothing happen at all. I don't pay much attention to the gaming world in general because there's so little I'm interested in, I don't know who this Laura is or anything, so to me this is just a bunch of people making some educated (or sometimes less so) guesses about stuff and essentially making it up when it comes to announcement dates, because I don't know how you'd know. There are some things you can make an educated guess about. I know there's some evidence that is overwhelmingly positive, and I half wonder if it's a rather sadistic approach by Activision, get us hyped and talking about it, watch us suffer as we slowly lose hope, and just when it reaches near rock bottom, SURPRISE! The remaster's coming. Unfortunately though, after what happened with Skylanders I'm pretty convinced that Activision don't care that much about Spyro, definitely nowhere near as much as Crash, so I'm not expecting anything. And even if it does happen, I'm worried it won't live up to anyone's dreams and expectations. I know it's a really negative and pessimistic approach, but so much could go wrong if anything happens at all that for me personally, I don't think it's worth getting excited about, particularly when all these supposed leaks are turning out to be wrong. It's frustrating to say the least.

On the plus side, I'm loving the new t-shirts. So whatever happens, I have a decent selection to choose from smilie
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
#1213 Posted: 03:12:57 23/03/2018
Apparently Call of Duty fans are getting pretty interesting informations by asking Amazon’s customer service (this is just an example, there are many more and it has already confirmed not to be fake):

https://mobile.twitter.com/ACL...804959256809473

Maybe we could try to do the same.
Of course I don’t mean “let’s constantly harass them until they are forced to stop answering”, but some of us could take a shot and report the outcome here.

I’d do it myself but I’m neither in the right country nor have the proper means.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:13:12 23/03/2018 by Drek95
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#1214 Posted: 04:49:09 23/03/2018
So nothing new for today? Bummer. I didn't expect the reveal today, not after last time. God I hope the game is coming...
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#1215 Posted: 06:28:01 23/03/2018
Quote: Bolt
Uh, to be honest, I don't really trust "information" that is just someone recounting events that they've "heard" in real life. For all we know, he could be making it up. And if all Target employees supposedly know about the existence and release date for the Spyro Remaster, who's to say they won't be all over the internet telling everyone? And before your say anything about confidentiality or anything if the sorts ... you can very well just post things anonymously online lol, and I'm sure that there's a whole lot of people who don't really value confidentiality when it comes to these things anyway. I've got a friend who works at EB Games (Australian Gamestop) who doesn't know anything about new releases or press or anything. I doubt it's something your regular customer service worker would be allowed to know, and I can't see the manger giving out any information of the sort to a random customer. I mean, I'd really love to believe this guy, but how can I? He doesn't really have any weight to his claims as far as I'm aware.
But yeah, none the less I'm still 101% sure of the game's existence. I'm just a bit miffed by people who want to get their little time of fame by claiming to have info ... that isn't really credible in the first place.

Also guys, please don't lose hope for the game! There is so much evidence for it existence, so much that I swear if it doesn't come out I will eat my cat's dinner and upload it online for all of you to see! You can make sure of that one too. I am so confident about it, I really hope you can be too.
But fyra if you're stuck for story ideas, do what I've done and make up a new world of your own for Spyro! It gives you way more freedom, and it's real fun to worldbuild.

( Also, Activision does owe us a Spyro game after six(?) years of Skylanders ;p )

great post, I don't know why people are losing all hope over this, march hasn't even passed yet, GDC was never a big chance to begin with. I think the activision things were more likely than that, honestly.

to add to your bet, i'll buy fresh canned cat food, and eat a whole dinner of that, and upload that video with yours if it turns out to be fake...!

Quote: Sesshomaru75
Even with the fake rumor from B4DASS, there's just sooo much evidence, both big and small, that's been piling up (Especially as of late, including the official merchandise and Falcon McBob Twitter) for remakes to not happen.

While a March announcement is seeming less likely, that doesn't mean that Laura's leaks were entirely false. She's been wrong about dates before, while still being right about what she leaked otherwise.

If E3 comes around and still nothing, then yeah, I'll be quite worried, but at the moment it still seems inevitable for remakes to happen. So don't give up hope quite yet!

again, exactly! I don't know why everyone is started to doubt over the lack of news, when we have so much evidence already. that's oly a small piece of everything we have anyway, an exact date being wrong isn't anything new with leaks that turn out to be true.

to those who are saying that the game is completely fake- if it was fake, how come the AskTarget account knows about it? There's just too much to ride on that I don't think the game is flat out not coming.

i'm still trying to look into if the account has leked games before but drek has posted some things (I keep forgetting about those things, lol) that point to it being likely that there is something to it, so again, EXACTLY!

Quote: JCW555
I will say this. If it isn't announced by E3, then I'll give up hope.

don't give up hope...! X3
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#1216 Posted: 11:58:08 23/03/2018
Let's not lose hope yet...

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz...117868880990213

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz...122301652230145

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz...132727530131457
#1217 Posted: 12:05:18 23/03/2018
Was just about to post them.
I wasn’t going to loose hope at all, but these words are very heartening.

I have always wanted a proper big E3 reveal, looks like we might be getting it after all.
Unless it’s revealed next week, which would somehow be even better.

Spyro’s coming back, not a matter of “if” but “when”! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#1218 Posted: 12:08:38 23/03/2018
Pretty much. Though after Laura got into a fight with r/nintendoswitch, no wonder she'll say no more.

Still holding out on hope of a Skyro cheat. It doesn't affect them one bit but those smiles would flip upside down if they discovered Acti acknowledges their so called "abomination" anywhere in sight of the nostalgia glasses. There's even the super adorable Academy model, if it can handle a game that is since it's for high quality CG.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 12:10:23 23/03/2018 by Bifrost
#1219 Posted: 12:18:50 23/03/2018
Though if it does get revealed at E3 we might have to rearrange our predictions a bit.

Depending on how the announcement will actually be handled, either by quickly revealing it with the logo like Crash or with a proper gameplay trailer, they could still release it this year or aim for next Summer or Spring instead.

I’m trying to consider the various ways they could advertise it, last but not least the N. Sane Trilogy’s demo, and I guess they’d still want at least 4-5 months of media coverage before the lauch.
Not that it’s needed , just making assumptions based on Crash’s marketing.
They could even consider Spyro less marketable and cut all those costs, I’m confident the outcome wouldn’t change at all. smilie

(by the way I think adding Skyro as a cheat skin would probably be the only way to do it without pissing some nostalgic fan off.
Anything else from free DLC to unlockables would be considered too blatant, in my opinion)
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:22:07 23/03/2018 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#1220 Posted: 12:19:21 23/03/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Pretty much. Though after Laura got into a fight with r/nintendoswitch, no wonder she'll say no more.

Still holding out on hope of a Skyro cheat. It doesn't affect them one bit but those smiles would flip upside down if they discovered Acti acknowledges their so called "abomination" anywhere in sight of the nostalgia glasses. There's even the super adorable Academy model, if it can handle a game that is since it's for high quality CG.

I COULD see it happening, but only time will tell. Best thing would be an alt costume.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#1221 Posted: 12:26:14 23/03/2018
I think that Sony might be involved again with time exclusivity on PlayStation and that an announcement at E3 is in fact possible. Of course I hope we‘ll get it earlier but well as long as we‘ll get it I can live with it and wait.
---
#1222 Posted: 12:57:54 23/03/2018
Quote: Drek95

(by the way I think adding Skyro as a cheat skin would probably be the only way to do it without pissing some nostalgic fan off.
Anything else from free DLC to unlockables would be considered too blatant, in my opinion)

You underestimate how little some Spyro fans can handle. Laura's leak had an Academy screenshot and that was enough to set some short fused people off.

With just one week left for a March announcement I'm not counting on it, but E3 is just soooo faaar awaaay. Two whole months!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:58:14 23/03/2018 by Bifrost
#1223 Posted: 13:25:31 23/03/2018
Crash’s fans were “luckier” because Titans was okder than Skylanders and didn’t become nearly as popular, otherwise I could have seen his design making its way into the game.
We could see other easter eggs, such as certain enemies changed slightly to remember Skylanders’ characters (just imagine Jet-Vac asking if we were having trouble with the trolley smilie), but I don’t think a Skyro’s reference would be that farfetched either.

Not my problem is someone would be incredibly annoyed even by something completely optional.

I know it would be a long waiting (especially after such anticipation this month), but at this point I just don’t see it being randomly announced during April or May.
I still hold a tiny bit of hope for next week but not holding my breath for it anymore.

Sincerely hoping a late reveal won’t mean a late release as well.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#1224 Posted: 13:36:24 23/03/2018
the announcement will be surely soon too much evidence
---
THE END IS NEAR
#1225 Posted: 13:41:15 23/03/2018
Titans Crash was also designed specifically for those games' direction - you see in concept art he didn't have the tattoos at various points - so it would also feel out of the artstyle. Skyro has changes to his body shape rather than texture, so he can be adapted to Classic.
---
#1226 Posted: 14:39:54 23/03/2018
Quote: nitendofan92
the announcement will be surely soon too much evidence

I’d like to think the same as well, but I’m starting to believe no evidence will be enough to indicate a close announcement.
It will simply happen when Activision decides it will be time, and they might even not have choosen a date yet.

They might have even pushed back the reveal due to all the recent excitement, for a more significant moment, for all we know.

Quote: Bifrost
Titans Crash was also designed specifically for those games' direction - you see in concept art he didn't have the tattoos at various points - so it would also feel out of the artstyle. Skyro has changes to his body shape rather than texture, so he can be adapted to Classic.

I guess so, they might have to tweak the purple a bit at most texture-wise.

Speaking of that, I know it’s a rather poor discussion subject but I’m sincerely wondering if they’ll stick to the original dark purple.
It was hard to notice while playing the various games across the years, but Spyro’s has progressively became lighter.
I think Skyro is probably the closest to its original lavender tint, but it’s still hugely different.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#1227 Posted: 14:56:35 23/03/2018
As long as he isn't DOTD pink, I'm good.
---
#1228 Posted: 15:32:31 23/03/2018
In a way, it would make more sense for Activision to announce Spyro at E3, that's the biggest gaming event, and surely they would want the whole world to know. But then again, even if they announced it this month, word would soon spread around anyway, with "click-bait" articles letting everyone know that it's happening, just look at when BADASS posted that it was going to be announced, and it blew up everywhere.

At least we know that a Spyro remake is on the way, good things come to those who wait, I guess.

Also, for the discussion on a Skylander skin, I don't think it will happen, Crash N Sane, didn't have any cheats (apart from the possible Spyro demo) so why should the Spyro remake have any? Besides Activision might think that the Skylander Spyro just needs to stay in Skylanders, since he's also in the show? But we will have to wait and see. Maybe they'll include him as a free unlockable character later on? Just like how Crash got Stormy Ascent? Furthermore, there aren't any skin cheats for Crash, so why would this be a thing for Spyro? Classic Spyro hasn't been around for at least 13 years, and you still have the Skylander games that you can play Skyro on, that aren't even ten years old yet. smilie
---
#1229 Posted: 16:48:37 23/03/2018
Absolutely agree with the color, any dark shade of purple will do.

Well, just did a couple researches and apparently Crash didn’t have proper cheats to begin with: the majority of them were just levels skips to avoid the PlayStation annoying password system and were mostly performed in the main menus, which are absent in the N. Sane Trilogy.
The only menu-related easter egg is Spyro’s demo and that’s most likely for marketing purposes.
All of the various in-game tricks still work though, such as the one which allows you to get more than 99 lives or the Warped’s Tiny blind spot which was however rendered useless through the use of another easter egg,

Spyro however has had cheats since the very first game, starting with very basic 99 lives or level warping codes up to Gateway to Glimmer and Year of the Dragon’s color and model changes.
I could see them returning for all three games and I could definitely see Skyro being added as one of the models.
Fingers crossed for the various easter eggs and references to return as well, but seeing how they kept Fake Crash and even expanded it to all the trilogy I’d think we’ll be safe.
Would also expect a remade Warped demo available from Spyro the Dragon’s title menu.

Regarding potential DLC content, I’d like more levels rather than skins even though I fully understand they’d be harder to make compared to Stormy Ascent for a number of reasons.
Not sure which new feature could act similarly to the added time trials in Crash’s remakes, and I frankly don’t even know if it’ll be necessary: Crash needed replayability, can’t say the same for Spyro.
Maybe a kind of online Egg Hunt similar to Luigi’s Balloon World in Odyssey...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#1230 Posted: 16:53:25 23/03/2018
We discussed Machinists World pages ago, but unlike Stormy Ascent it wasn't ever finished, so I guess that's out. Probably some sort of time trial or hardmode Speedways.
---
#1231 Posted: 17:12:56 23/03/2018
There's no reason they would\nt finish some stuff to add it in, or build from the ground up things that were meant to go into the games but never materialized, like a Spring Home in Ripto's Rage.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6442
#1232 Posted: 17:13:04 23/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Maybe unused mini games or a way to get on the far away tower could be likely,levels or worlds(for 2) are unlikely,it would be hard being uncompleted.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#1233 Posted: 17:22:01 23/03/2018
I REALLY hope we get the Machinist and Spring worlds.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8554
#1234 Posted: 17:25:12 23/03/2018
I just don't see the Machinists World in Spyro 1 or a Spring Homeworld in Spyro 2 being put in the game unfortunately. Unlike Stormy Ascent which was pretty much completed, I doubt either of those got out of the planning stages, and as far as I know, the only thing to go off of a mythical Machinists World is a text string. No other code in Spyro 1 exists for it. As for a spring homeworld in Spyro 2, I don't think there's anything found yet in the games' code to suggest what would've been in it, or the existence of it in the first place.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:28:27 23/03/2018 by JCW555
#1235 Posted: 17:47:52 23/03/2018
Well I heard there were plans for a new Crash game in the future so Spyro may get the same if it does well. If that's the plan why not try making something new to show that they can do? If not maybe we'll see them in a future game. I just think they'd be missing a great opportunity to really make the remakes stand out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:48:16 23/03/2018 by ClassicSpyroLUV
#1236 Posted: 17:49:02 23/03/2018
I wonder if they'll add in the collectible from the PlayStation Pocket, which is the dragonfly eggs in Spyro 1, they're only in the Japanese version.
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1237 Posted: 17:56:36 23/03/2018
If Skyro gets a skin I need my LoS skin!!!!! >:c

Heh, serious talk, it doesn't actually bother me if we get DLC or not. We all grew up with games that never had any, and I don't think I ever grew out of that. I think it's just another way for them to squeeze more money out of us after we bought an $80 game ... >.>
And sort of bouncing off what Drek said, I never really saw Spyro as a speed running game. I don't think the levels are really designed to be quickly run through, and I think the focus more lies in exploration.

Hmm, and it's nice to see more affirmation about the game's existence! Looks like my cats will still have all their food ... for now. c;
But yeah, the March announcement is slipping away. There is still one week left, but after that the only other option would be E3, and that would possibly mean a belated release. But I'd rather the game stay in development longer than to release it early.
(And honestly, it'd be cooler to see him announced at E3 anyway!!)
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#1238 Posted: 18:00:05 23/03/2018
OOOH! What if they release Machinist World and Spring Home DLC?! I would be fine even if they charged a little for it, it's a whole new home world, a speedway and 6 whole levels after all.

Hey I just realized Winter Tundra only had 4 levels. Maybe they'll add two to get people interested in the potential DLC if they go that route.

Regardless of how they do it I want the Machinist World, Spring home and finished Winter Tundra, no matter how they do it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:04:41 23/03/2018 by ClassicSpyroLUV
#1239 Posted: 18:03:11 23/03/2018
I'd actually prefer it if they added those worlds in a possible new game! Make a story as to why they were unnaccessable. Perhaps someone was messing with the portals, putting the realm's transportation in peril? And it's beginning to get worse ...
---
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:05:06 23/03/2018 by Bolt
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#1240 Posted: 18:17:43 23/03/2018
Quote: Drek95
Crash’s fans were “luckier” because Titans was okder than Skylanders and didn’t become nearly as popular, otherwise I could have seen his design making its way into the game.
We could see other easter eggs, such as certain enemies changed slightly to remember Skylanders’ characters (just imagine Jet-Vac asking if we were having trouble with the trolley XD), but I don’t think a Skyro’s reference would be that farfetched either.

Not my problem is someone would be incredibly annoyed even by something completely optional.

I know it would be a long waiting (especially after such anticipation this month), but at this point I just don’t see it being randomly announced during April or May.
I still hold a tiny bit of hope for next week but not holding my breath for it anymore.

Sincerely hoping a late reveal won’t mean a late release as well.

To add to this here, cCash fans never really compared "titans" crash with Skylander's Spyro, they compared him more with TLoS' Spyro because those were companion series (sort of, titans came out with The Eternal Night) with eachother, and then Skylanders happened after that, and Crash just died...

Just thought I would add that, since we're comparing Crash and pyro a lot! ^_^
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#1241 Posted: 19:07:45 23/03/2018
Would be nice if the remake comes out in September of this year though, especially since it's been in development since 2015, so that's quite a long time in itself, they could have easily spent a year on each game by now.

A release in 2019 just seems way too long, unless it's early to mid 2019?
---
#1242 Posted: 19:54:50 23/03/2018
Yeah, Crash and Spyro had parallel stories but the former lacks a comparison with Skylanders and even a proper third Titans chapter.
Come to think of it Crash probably deserved to come back in full glory before Spyro, after all the time he was left dormant.

Still not sure time trials is the way to go, and harder speedways probably wouldn’t add that much replayability: they kinda worked for Crash because the concept was already implemented in Warped and got simply expanded to the previous two games.
Maybe they could add skill points for Spyro the Dragon but I’m still convinced they should probably focus on expanding the basic gameplay by adding scrapped or brand new levels or worlds.

I know it wouldn’t be nearly as easy as remaking Stormy Ascent for the current generation, but after all I suppose the remakes will eventually be followed by brand new games.
Which better way to see how the developers could handle original content than to add them as DLC in a project already serving as a way to test the water?
Machinists’ World would require the entire Gnorc Gnexus to be rebuilt, so that’s unlikely, but more levels for Winter Tundra and a fourth Gateway to Glimmer’s homeworld could be easily added in theory.

Since we have basically no informations regarding the game besides very general ones, we have no way to know how much Insomniac was able to help V.V. with sketches, Beta or even Alpha material, even though I do remember them saying they weren’t as organized as Naught Dog back then.
Not to mention all the various fan projects clearly showing that new material in the style of the source one is possible with a bit of passion and dedication (the former still worries me a bit), can’t see why professional teams wouldn’t be able to do the same and pull off even better results.

Don’t think it would be that big of a deal as long as it’s optional content and they can take the due time to work on it: would indeed appreciate smaller touches like a Talisman for Winter Tundra’s levels or new tracks to avoid repetition, but they would be last time additions.
A slightly more time consuming feature would be the removes Dino Mines boss, though they could take inspiration from already existing battles like Sleepyhead.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:09:54 24/03/2018 by Drek95
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#1243 Posted: 00:37:54 24/03/2018
No Skyro in my Spyro please.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#1244 Posted: 01:01:48 24/03/2018
You got your Spyro in my Skyro!
You got your Skyro in my Spyro!

-poke-

Ugh, lizard scales are a bit nasty to touch.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:02:00 24/03/2018 by Bifrost
#1245 Posted: 01:03:14 24/03/2018
Yeah honestly, I'd rather no Skyro (but in the end I couldn't really care less). If you want Skylanders Spyro ... just go play Skylanders?
---
I draw stuff.
#1246 Posted: 01:13:23 24/03/2018
I brought it up because of the possbility of DLC or the model cheats returning. Insomniac is the one that likes the ridiculous body modifications(just look at the Jak and Daxter series), so they might not all carry over the same way.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:13:42 24/03/2018 by Bifrost
#1247 Posted: 01:34:32 24/03/2018
Oh man, that's a pretty big mistake I did there. Now I'm even more confused as to why Crash only had level cheats.
---
First | Previous | Page 25 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me