darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 102 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#5051 Posted: 16:48:56 12/03/2019
The frame rate feel inconsistent with the motion blur off.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#5052 Posted: 17:33:05 12/03/2019
Ooooh, boy, this is good stuff!

They seem to have mentioned the most discussed bugs (Fracture Hills and Lost Fleet in particular), and I’m very happy to hev the possibility to toggle motion blur off.
Sure, it’ll reveal the rather inconsistent framerate but at least I’ll be able to get a better look at my surroundings while playing.

Here’s oping this will just be one of a series of patches to come.
Really curious to see if they also changed something else without putting it under the spotlight, mainly in terms of aesthetics.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9930
#5053 Posted: 19:32:42 12/03/2019
Quote: Hardback247
The frame rate feel inconsistent with the motion blur off.

That's usually the case, since it's used to hide the problems. However, knowing of the game's baffling development restrictions, I really can't blame TFB for being able to fix only half of the problem at this moment.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8498
#5054 Posted: 20:25:25 12/03/2019
https://twitter.com/SuperMoonN...5678383104?s=19

Apparently the games' file size got slashed in half?
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#5055 Posted: 20:27:18 12/03/2019
It's these small quality of life improvements that an otherwise decent game into something great. Hopefully we'll some future improvements like fixing the snowboarding in the Super Bonus Round and let players watch all the cutscenes from every game, not just Spyro 2. Maybe that's what the secret door in the Artisan's world should be.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Dazzy Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#5056 Posted: 21:24:16 12/03/2019
About dang time, goodbye some glitches, you will be missed.
---
Spyro The Dragon Rules
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9201
#5057 Posted: 22:03:10 12/03/2019
I'm interested to see how the game plays with motion blur off. I'm currently downloading the update as I'm typing this up, apparently it will take around 85 minutes, great. lol
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
spyrofangreek Emerald Sparx Gems: 3097
#5058 Posted: 22:04:50 12/03/2019
I Have do it the update on Spyro Reignited Trilogy and I'm very satisfied from the improve and I love it the the new update!
#5059 Posted: 23:03:08 12/03/2019
Speaking of poor optimization, I’m extremely ignorant in those regards so pardon me if it’s going to be a silly question, but could it be that the game was originally so big because of that?

I figured out some cleaning and polishing could have helped saving up some space, but half the size...?
Could there be other reasons, such as the bugs being fixed?

I remember that one Lost Fleet glitch involving the skateing mini-game basically forced the game to keep stacking “saves” until you left the area or something like that, instead of resetting it every time you died (experienced it myself, everything was starting to become really slow) so fixing that could have helped a lot I guess.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#5060 Posted: 06:52:53 13/03/2019
Glad to see the subtitles being added, despite the original excuses of "it's not industry standard" and "they weren't in the original games and thus aren't authentic". Patches are rarely ever perfect, so I'm sure new bugs will crop up as a result of old ones being fixed. We'll see. Good work though, TfB. smilie
#5061 Posted: 12:08:46 13/03/2019
At leaat TFB are trying. You can't knock them for that.
---
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#5062 Posted: 14:34:41 13/03/2019
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Nope. Given how rushed they were, I can't blame omissions and bugs. I do however point the blame toward Activision and their woeful PR nonsense. It costs them £0.00 to be honest and patient! smilie
#5063 Posted: 17:05:58 13/03/2019
Quote: Johnbonne

Nope. Given how rushed they were, I can't blame omissions and bugs. I do however point the blame toward Activision and their woeful PR nonsense. It costs them £0.00 to be honest and patient! smilie

Oh yeah, **** Activision. I wish there was a better company who owns Crash & Spyro, a company that actually cares about it's IPs, rather than running them into the ground, and rushing their devs. But it's not just Acti that likes to **** things up, it's also EA, and seems like they're all as bad as each other. I don't care who owns the IP, I just want the company to care about their games, and their devs. I still don't get why they couldn't have just announced Spyro in 2018, and then released it in 2019, like with Crash, they announced it in 2016, and released it in 2017, and therefore it seems to not have as many performance issues as Spyro does. Oh wait, Acti just care about making profits, so all they're going to do is run their IPs into the ground, let's just hope that this doesn't happen to Crash & Spyro, but I have a bad feeling that this will eventually be the case.
---
#5064 Posted: 20:57:30 13/03/2019
They're not as bad as Vivendi, but it's not for lack of trying.

Imagine being so selfish you say no to subtitles until people badmouth you, this post was made by the modern Capcom gang.

this is just for the meme I'm not thaaat much of a capcom person.
---
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#5065 Posted: 18:34:02 24/03/2019
Is it just me, or does Sheila moves extremely slow post patch?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:34:59 24/03/2019 by ECDT1089
#5066 Posted: 15:00:47 06/04/2019
Quote: Drawdler
I said screw it and went and completed Spyro 1 Reignited on my own. (I was saving it to play with others, but meh.) Imo its a 7/10.

I was digging the game much more until around Beast Makers. Beast Makers still has its good but I think it has some extremely stupid tones and designs. It's too "pretty", introduces more silly/jokey assets as well and really shows how much mood the game lost, and has more questionable visuals than previous worlds. But I could replay it, I guess.
Plus it's following up Magic Crafters which got the best remakes by far. I think up until Beast Makers the game got progressively better- Artisans was acceptable, Peace Keepers was good and obviously I think Magic Crafters is the peak of the whole game. I think Magic Crafters is basically as good as the original and I totally zoned out and got into that set of levels.
Half of Dream Weavers is bad imo, but Dark Passage is great. Haunted Towers is one of the best remakes, and thank god because it's a literal perfect level, is on par with the original even though it's "different". I really never wanna revisit the others in Dream Weavers.
Gnasty's World is an absolute trainwreck. I had to force myself through it and it's worse because the original game did a fantastic job with it. The game ends on an awful note now. TFB had no idea what they were doing with anything here.

Also, I felt myself questioning the game feel more than the original game. Because of the more complicated graphics and level geometry the jumps don't read as well. Old sharp polygons have an advantage here. This remake shouldn't have been as bad about that as it was in places, though, it's not like every modern 3D platformer has readability problems. In this game there were jumps I had to take numerous times for no apparent reason and I still don't understand what I did differently when I made them. There are way too many overly curved edges.
What the **** is that inconsistent autohover. Frankly, after playing it, they should have just added the actual hover into this remake. They already added autohover, and gem finder, and guidebook travel, and changed the geometry. This is already a remake purists would not be happy with. They could have made it work without any form of hover, but hover would have improved this remake.
The framerate was stuttering almost constantly and it made the game feel far cheaper. I could tell the entire time. The game lags on ****ing loading screens. The framerate of this game is inexcusable.

The music was either garbage or just watered down for the most part imo.

I can't overstate how much I think the game dropped in quality midway through. (And Artisans is not great.) Peace Keepers and Magic Crafters carry that score, and because the game is so inconsistent and much of it is so bad, I think a 7 is actually kind of generous by my standards. I'm really trying to block out the stuff I hated and the stuff that was crap from my head, because I really wanted to get much more from it and there is stuff I love. But so much bored me too and there's so much I just forced myself to play.

I might replay the first half of the game sometimes but it sucks because that's so little and it makes it feel imcomplete... it's worse than the original. I have no desire to play this game the whole way through again, while I still do for the original reguarly. I don't really want to play the sequels in this remake at all now, because I know they're a lot worse, I always thought 1 was the best of the original, and that's sort of depressing.

You can thank Activision for all the bugs and glitches, because Toys for Bob only had about one year to develop this game, so if you look at it from that point of view, at least it didn't turn out completely like Enter the Dragonfly.
---
#5067 Posted: 15:26:27 06/04/2019
Not sure if you saw the Enter the Dragonfly documentary, but TFB wouldn't get that bad if they tried. A few crazy developers, a publisher rep trying to run the show, redoing parts of the game over and over...

Don't get me wrong, Reignited could be REALLY bad and crunch only helps so much(if it helps at all). But the "effort" that went into making Spyro 4 so bad that it's still a weight dragging the franchise back 17 years later, despite having developers that were actually amazing and do great work nowadays, is baffling.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:26:55 06/04/2019 by Bifrost
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#5068 Posted: 21:42:02 07/04/2019
With all these new remakes like Spyro, Crash, Ratchet and Clank, well, I think we shouldn't compare them too much to the originals. As stand alone games, I think they're all pretty fantastic, and comparing them absolutely ruins the experience. Yeah, there're some things I prefer in the original games, but their counterparts in the newer versions still hold up really really well on their own. Biggest example that comes to my mind: Twilight Harbour. If we actually ignore the machine guns from the original, I think the level is still amazing even with the goo guns. The idea behind it is pretty neat too, with the gnorcs weaponising the dangerous goo found throughout the world.
Another example would be the soundtrack. Yes, there's quite a bit of music I prefer from the original games, but the Reignited tracks are still bloody fantastic on their own. It's minor things that makes some of the original tracks better to me, like different instrument usage, but the overall track is still the same. I appreciate it as its own different thing.
( I'm still a little hung up about Romeo in Zephyr though. That one is a little disappointing, but eh. There's just no joke in Reignited then, I suppose. ;p )
It's probably been said one thousand times before ... but imo, it'd be best if we take these remakes as their own things and stop comparing and nitpicking every single difference. They stand up really well on their own and you can't deny that they are still fantastic games.

( sorry if i'm unable to articulate this well, i'm sick and lightheaded with a cold at the moment so my thoughts are probably not put down as well as i'd like ><; )
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#5069 Posted: 22:01:17 07/04/2019
AND they're three games for 40 bucks(now 30 on some places)! It might not reach every expectation but it's great value on its own already.
---
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3849
#5070 Posted: 22:02:43 07/04/2019
Bolt, your point of view makes perfect sense. I am going to politely disagree and state my opinion, though.

First of all, I can only really speak for my opinions on the Spyro games. I can't comment on the Crash or other remakes, seeing as I haven't played both the original and new versions of those.

For me personally having played and become super attached to original Spyro, I can't help but compare the two. I agree that both iterations are good games in their own right! I'm just saying that it's hard to separate the PS1 versions with the new versions. Especially because two different game developers worked on them. If Insomniac had made RT, I might be a bit less likely to compare things harshly. I have mixed feelings about TFB and Skylanders because although they rejuvenated the franchise, they turned it into an extremely overt cash cow. The way the Skylanders games got watered down over time also hasn't improved the way I view TFB. Overall, I think they did a good job making OG Spyro relevant again in RT, but when you remake an IP (especially if you've been controversial with it in the past), comparisons and scrutiny are inevitable.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#5071 Posted: 22:05:03 07/04/2019
The Skylanders games being watered down isn't on TFB, it's on Activision. Just look at the transition from SSA to Giants compared to TT and Imaginators - 24/7 crunch and yearly releases kill a game even without overtly trying to make it simpler and simpler.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:05:27 07/04/2019 by Bifrost
#5072 Posted: 22:10:18 07/04/2019
That's a good point. It's too bad honestly. Skylanders had a really fun concept with the Toys for Life thing. Even if it does make me a bit bitter considering how money-grubbing it could get. But I feel like they did a good job of balancing that in the games, seeing as from what I remember, you only really needed more toys to get extra non-story bonuses.
---
#5073 Posted: 23:14:08 07/04/2019
Reignited indeed reimagined more than N. Sane, or we could at least say it took a lot more creative liberties both in terms of gameplay (animation, controls, mechanics) and aesthetics.
I think that the nature of the Spyro games themselves offered much more chances to do so, and I feel like it was basically bound to happen, but I still believe that they could have gone for a more faithful approach at least visual-wise if they wished to.

But in the end I’m infinitely happier with how they decided to handle the remake.
Playing the trilogy while constantly wondering how they’d have reimagined that specific character or environment was much more engaging, entertaining and enjoyable than simply going through purely “enhanced” versions of the levels I already knew: I was amazed at how natural certain twists and changes felt.
I think the developers somehow managed to change most of the designs up to the point of making them look fresh without making them loose their familiar feeling.

Sure, I’m not keen on certain specific choices, but who am I to say they made things worse and not simply different?
For all I know the brand new players could have find them just as intriguing and magical as we did back when the originals released, and might have not thought the same if presented with the old versions.

All I can truly say in the end (especially now that I’m happily replaying the whole trilogy for the second time) is that Reignited had me smile throught all of it, and even made me shed some tears in its final moments.
If it really is as different as some people say, then TfB and Sanzaru are to be praised even more. smilie

Spoilered because off-topic:
I sincerely wish I’m not one of those utents, Sess.
I know we’ve disagreed about stuff in the past, even vehemently in some occasions, but I’ve always taken them as civil confrontations (despite the unnecessarily strong tones we may have used) and I sure hope it was the same for you.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#5074 Posted: 09:09:31 08/04/2019
That’s a relief, thanks! smilie

Yeah, as much as my already pretty high expectations were surpassed in basically every aspect of the game, I have to say that I came across some ridiculous standards among certain parts of the fanbase.

Some of Reignited’s bugs and glitches are pretty (g)nasty, but that doesn’t mean that every single minor hiccup should be taken as a valid point to keep reiterating how much the game was rushed and left unpolished.

Forgot to mention in my previous post that something which I think goes rather unnoticed or is taken too much for granted is the exsistence of this remake itself.
Sure, we live in an age where remakes, reboots and sequels are big hits and represent easy money for the various owners, and after N. Sane Trilogy’s success it was only logical for Spyro to be next: but even then, it wasn’t guaranteed.

It might look like it was now, but I certainly remember the times when the “Treasure Trilogy” was just a rumor and people were afraid over the most ridiculous things such as the developers using Skyro’s model for the remakes, the potential problems of developing it with the Unreal Engine (and look at how beautiful it turned out) or stuff like that.
I think it’s too easy for some people to bash it now that it’s real and out, especially when they were the first ones to ask for it to happen.

I will never be thankful enough that such special gems returned in such a great shape, no matter the small and big problems it ended up having, more so when considering what this could mean for the series’ future.
It might have not happened at all, and we would have nothing to talk (nor complain) about right now.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#5075 Posted: 20:27:52 08/04/2019
Quote: ThunderEgg
Bolt, your point of view makes perfect sense. I am going to politely disagree and state my opinion, though.

First of all, I can only really speak for my opinions on the Spyro games. I can't comment on the Crash or other remakes, seeing as I haven't played both the original and new versions of those.

For me personally having played and become super attached to original Spyro, I can't help but compare the two. I agree that both iterations are good games in their own right! I'm just saying that it's hard to separate the PS1 versions with the new versions. Especially because two different game developers worked on them. If Insomniac had made RT, I might be a bit less likely to compare things harshly. I have mixed feelings about TFB and Skylanders because although they rejuvenated the franchise, they turned it into an extremely overt cash cow. The way the Skylanders games got watered down over time also hasn't improved the way I view TFB. Overall, I think they did a good job making OG Spyro relevant again in RT, but when you remake an IP (especially if you've been controversial with it in the past), comparisons and scrutiny are inevitable.

Oh yeah definitely, comparisons are bound to happen and it's fine for the most part! I more so meant that it becomes an issue when it completely dampens your view on the game and it makes you unable to enjoy it for what it is because you're constantly comparing the two versions.

( but pfft tfb will always be gods to me because they made the ps2 madagascar game ;p )
---
I draw stuff.
#5076 Posted: 01:11:58 09/04/2019
Quote: Bolt
Quote: ThunderEgg

Oh yeah definitely, comparisons are bound to happen and it's fine for the most part! I more so meant that it becomes an issue when it completely dampens your view on the game and it makes you unable to enjoy it for what it is because you're constantly comparing the two versions.

( but pfft tfb will always be gods to me because they made the ps2 madagascar game ;p )

Yeah, I totally get what you're saying with over-comparing the games to the point of ruining the experience. I think there needs to be a balance between comparison and letting new things surprise you. Honestly, finding that balance is a bit difficult for me personally; but I do have to say there were some changes I really ended up liking!

Also: TFB worked on a Madagascar game? OWO
I can't believe I missed the best sounding game on the PS2!!
---
#5077 Posted: 20:32:14 15/04/2019
Confession: Frozen Altars is one of my most favourite tracks in the trilogy, but in Reignited it reminds me of Snake Pass and I hate that game :')
---
I draw stuff.
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#5078 Posted: 21:34:49 15/04/2019
Quote: Bolt
Confession: Frozen Altars is one of my most favourite tracks in the trilogy, but in Reignited it reminds me of Snake Pass and I hate that game :')

Quote:
Snake Pass and I hate that game

Surely you know not what you speak of.

(I actually like that game btw.)
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Skarlime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1117
#5079 Posted: 23:12:47 15/04/2019
I actually like the Reignited version of the Frozen Altars track a lot more than the original, even though I usually prefer the music from the original trilogy.

Never played Snake Pass, but even if the game was bad, the music was composed by David Wise, who is one of my favorite composers (he did part of the music in Donkey Kong Country, all the music in Donkey Kong Country 2, the gba version of DKC 3, the Battletoads franchise, Marble Madness, among others), so if that's what Reignited Frozen Altars sounds like, I see that as a good thing.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:16:58 15/04/2019 by Skarlime
#5080 Posted: 14:06:33 21/04/2019
Happy Easter, guys!

Was hoping to finish my second playthrough of Gateway to Glimmer soon enough to start hunting the eggs in Year of the Dragon around period, but didn’t manage to.
To think I even managed to beat Gulp first try, this time...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13834
#5081 Posted: 18:05:57 28/05/2019
PC version
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#5082 Posted: 19:02:31 28/05/2019
Here's hoping for Switch, but mods might be happening. MIGHT.
---
SuperCharger95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#5083 Posted: 17:41:49 29/05/2019
Quote: Bifrost
Here's hoping for Switch, but mods might be happening. MIGHT.

If I had to gander two guesses, it might be a surprise announcement on the social media accounts OR it might be at Nintendo's E3 Direct in June
#5084 Posted: 18:35:39 03/06/2019
https://www.nintendolife.com/n...les_ahead_of_e3 Well this got a whole lot more interesting. *sees the 39.99 price tag* Wait a second! Could this be it?![User Posted Image]
#5085 Posted: 20:04:16 03/06/2019
We need that screaming face as an emote. Yes, with that size and all.
---
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7647
#5086 Posted: 07:37:35 04/06/2019
Quote: dark52

is it just me or does anyone else get a broken website all in chinese characters
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#5087 Posted: 20:32:10 04/06/2019
Quote: Jaggedstar
Quote: dark52

is it just me or does anyone else get a broken website all in chinese characters

It's not you, it's supposed to be a Taiwanese game rating board
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#5088 Posted: 01:27:12 05/06/2019
https://twitter.com/JaybillsGa...041530437898241

Not sure how much credibility there is to this tweet. But if it's true, here's hoping this means potential future Spyro endeavors don't get subjected to the extreme crunch that Reignited did. For what it's worth, I'm all for Sanzaru getting an opportunity to make a Spyro game, too. With an actual, proper, full development cycle, I think they could pull off a good product...

butikindawant'emtomakeanewslygamemore... [cough]
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#5089 Posted: 09:24:41 05/06/2019
Quote: HIR
https://twitter.com/JaybillsGa...041530437898241

Not sure how much credibility there is to this tweet. But if it's true, here's hoping this means potential future Spyro endeavors don't get subjected to the extreme crunch that Reignited did. For what it's worth, I'm all for Sanzaru getting an opportunity to make a Spyro game, too. With an actual, proper, full development cycle, I think they could pull off a good product...

butikindawant'emtomakeanewslygamemore... [cough]

Looks like it’s indeed true:

https://investor.activision.co...turns-licensing

Also, Sanzaru is developing a brand new game, Asgard’s Wrath, to be shown at E3:

https://jackofallcontrollers.c...the-show-floor/

No idea on how big the studio is, so it could be possible for them to still be able to help with a new Spyro game or even develop yet another title on their own.

I don’t know how much relevant this truly is but I’m definitely happy to see both series acknowledged among other main franchises such as Call of Duty or World of Warcraft.
I don’t want to set up unrealistic expectations for the E3, but after the recent leaks I think at least the announcement of ports for both PC and the Switch of the Reignited Trilogy could be a safe assumption.

I would lie if I said I’m not hoping for some kind of DLC or a proper new game reveal, but I’m not crossing my fingers for them either.

EDIT:

https://gonintendo.com/stories...on-sept-3rd-201

Yup, seems even more likely now!
September sounds like a reasonable month since it’s when the Reignited Trilogy was supposed to come out in the first place, and I guess the PC version would come out the same day or so.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:16:52 07/06/2019 by Drek95
#5090 Posted: 16:11:19 10/06/2019
With Nintendo's E3 Direct tomorrow, I fear this might be his last chance to make himself heard.

[User Posted Image]
#5091 Posted: 19:51:52 10/06/2019
Why does everyone want a Switch port so badly? I bet the graphics are gonna look garbage anyways.
I'm more for PC myself.
---
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4216
#5092 Posted: 19:55:11 10/06/2019
Why does everyone want a Switch port so badly? I bet the graphics are gonna look garbage anyways.
I'm more for PC myself.

Either because they don't have any other consoles/a weaker-end PC, or because they want to play it on the go.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
#5093 Posted: 19:59:23 10/06/2019
Or because graphics aren't the point and 30 fps is just fine.
---
First | Previous | Page 102 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me