Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Charlottesville, Virgina in State of Emergency.
Page 1 of 1
Charlottesville, Virgina in State of Emergency.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#1 Posted: 20:27:37 12/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Currently, Alt-Right Protesters are, well, protesting the removal of Robert E. Lee Statue. During said events, people started protesting back and things just when ****ing nuts.

Worst so far, a Neo-Nazi got into a car and drove STRAIGHT INTO, INTENTIONALLY, the group of opposing protesters. 1 dead, 19 injured. Various pictures and even videos have been taken of said event. I'll link of the pics instead of posting them here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/...harlottesville/

links of pictures on reddit. Comments contain footage as well.

WARNING: Graphic, disturbing content.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/...y_a_vehicle_in/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/...lottesville_va/
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:54:47 13/08/2017 by CAV
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 21:02:23 12/08/2017
So much for taking extremist political sides for fun. Congrats, now you have blood on your hands, people from certain subreddits.

Not that some didn't have already, but this time it's a direct attack because muh opinions.

(usually I sit away from political topics, but when someone crushes someone with a car intentionally over such petty ****, I think I'm allowed to rant a bit)
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:02:46 12/08/2017 by Bifrost
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10087
#3 Posted: 23:03:49 12/08/2017
Disgusting people. Chanting "hail trump" while doing the Hitler salute. People were beaten and stabbed. Tells you all you need to know, really.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#4 Posted: 00:19:06 13/08/2017
You know what

**** Earth, When's the next ship to the moon
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#5 Posted: 00:20:20 13/08/2017
I wanted to talk about this since I first heard of the Nazis marching. I'm glad I held back and waited for others to talk about it first.

This is truly disgusting. Donald Trump wanted this. If it were a Black Lives Matter march, he would condemn them but was silent on the Nazi march except with that generic Many sides are violence. comment. Mind you, Trump is literally starting a nuclear war with North Korea like it's a dick-measuring contest at the expense of millions-if-not-billions of lives.

The fact the police, the SWAT and the army did nothing to stop these Nazis from hurting and killing people is f#ckin' disgusting. People need to fight back like that woman who hit a neo nazi with a handbag as her mother was in a concentration camp.

[User Posted Image]

Nazis are beyond redemption. If you save a Nazi, he'll take your life anyway.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#6 Posted: 00:32:30 13/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: StevemacQ
I wanted to talk about this since I first heard of the Nazis marching. I'm glad I held back and waited for others to talk about it first.

This is truly disgusting. Donald Trump wanted this. If it were a Black Lives Matter march, he would condemn them but was silent on the Nazi march except with that generic Many sides are violence. comment. Mind you, Trump is literally starting a nuclear war with North Korea like it's a dick-measuring contest at the expense of millions-if-not-billions of lives.

The fact the police, the SWAT and the army did nothing to stop these Nazis from hurting and killing people is f#ckin' disgusting. People need to fight back like that woman who hit a neo nazi with a handbag as her mother was in a concentration camp.

[User Posted Image]

Nazis are beyond redemption. If you save a Nazi, he'll take your life anyway.

Trump has shown sympathy towards the people are hurt and even says in his tweets (Yes, I know) that:

We must remember this truth: No matter our color, creed, religion or political party, we are ALL AMERICANS FIRST."

Not trying to defend him, just saying he likely didn't want this.

EDIT: Although, apparently he hasn't put the white supremacists at fault yet. I doubt he agrees with them, but more so he knows his audience.

https://www.reddit.com/r/polit...to_fault_white/
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:27:17 13/08/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#7 Posted: 00:55:15 13/08/2017
Chris was at Bronycon this weekend, I wonder if he would have went to this
#8 Posted: 00:58:06 13/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Big Green
Chris was at Bronycon this weekend, I wonder if he would have went to this

Chris?
---
#9 Posted: 00:59:10 13/08/2017
chris chan
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#10 Posted: 01:21:13 13/08/2017
I wonder what Chris Chan thinks of Sonic Mania?
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#11 Posted: 02:34:19 13/08/2017
people will always assume the worst about trump no matter what lol people acting like he went out and told people to do it smh
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#12 Posted: 02:42:02 13/08/2017
**** trump, nazis and white supremecists
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#13 Posted: 07:44:39 13/08/2017
I believe the governor at one point told the white nationalists to "go home". After seeing the footage of the car plowing through the crowd I think it would've and should've been perfectly acceptable for him to tell them to go **** themselves on live TV.

****ing deplorable actions by a group of people (especially that driver) trying to defend a statue of a war general who tried to fight for the right to enslave other people. I'm waiting to hear from anyone a good reason to maintain statues of Lee or Davis or any other Confederate symbol that doesn't wrap itself back around the undeniable fact that the Confederacy existed to maintain slavery.

Quote: Thunderdragon14
people will always assume the worst about trump no matter what lol people acting like he went out and told people to do it smh

While he may not be openly condoning this behavior he's taken endorsements from the alt-right and the leader of the KKK while never denouncing them like many others would've (and have), and his rhetoric, policies, and election have encouraged this behavior to come out in a way I can't recall ever seeing before in my lifetime.

Trump isn't telling anyone to do anything, but his ascension to the presidency has told these people that their beliefs and opinions are acceptable, and anyone who disagrees is just a "liberal cuck snowflake". It's not healthy thinking and these people should never have been encouraged.

EDIT: It also really doesn't help that to my knowledge Trump has not outright condemned these attacks or acknowledged it as terrorism (which that car incident absolutely is). Even Paul Ryan is doing so but our President remains tight lipped.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:15:22 13/08/2017 by CAV
#14 Posted: 09:22:00 13/08/2017
Quote: CAV
I believe the governor at one point told the white nationalists to "go home". After seeing the footage of the car plowing through the crowd I think it would've and should've been perfectly acceptable for him to tell them to go **** themselves on live TV.

****ing deplorable actions by a group of people (especially that driver) trying to defend a statue of a war general who tried to fight for the right to enslave other people. I'm waiting to hear from anyone a good reason to maintain statues of Lee or Davis or any other Confederate symbol that doesn't wrap itself back around the undeniable fact that the Confederacy existed to maintain slavery.

Quote: Thunderdragon14

While he may not be openly condoning this behavior he's taken endorsements from the alt-right and the leader of the KKK while never denouncing them like many others would've (and have), and his rhetoric, policies, and election have encouraged this behavior to come out in a way I can't recall ever seeing before in my lifetime.

Trump isn't telling anyone to do anything, but his ascension to the presidency has told these people that their beliefs and opinions are acceptable, and anyone who disagrees is just a "liberal cuck snowflake". It's not healthy thinking and these people should never have been encouraged.

EDIT: It also really doesn't help that to my knowledge Trump has not outright condemned these attacks or acknowledged it as terrorism (which that car incident absolutely is). Even Paul Ryan is doing so but our President remains tight lipped.

^this 100%
thank you cav for always being one of the most sensible and mature users here
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#15 Posted: 19:27:02 13/08/2017
I'm waiting to hear from anyone a good reason to maintain statues of Lee or Davis or any other Confederate symbol that doesn't wrap itself back around the undeniable fact that the Confederacy existed to maintain slavery.

Hi, just want to share my two cents on the matter and do so civilly, though let's be honest, we both know this forum and this is likely not going to go over as smoothly or peacefully as I hope. Either way, I'd like to share my thoughts on the matter even if they aren't the popular one.

Yes, it's a symbol of slavery, yes it's a symbol of oppression, of hate, of racism. But it's also a piece of history, whether we like it or not. Trying to remove statues, censor out books due to words we don't like, or just life in general to hide the things we don't like because it's evil (and it honestly is), doesn't help anyone in the long run. There's a saying, "History is doomed to repeat itself." If we try to hide out the bad, it leads to a generation that doesn't know any better, a generation that won't understand it being bad and try to do it again. Maybe this time it won't be whites enslaving blacks, maybe the other way around, or maybe even both enslaving an entirely different group, but somewhere down the line it could happen. So, rather than trying to remove the parts we don't like to hide away all the bad, we use it to teach why it's bad. We teach the future that such evil is not acceptable and rightfully called "evil". We keep the statues as a monument to all those who suffered and as a reminder of just how dark history really is. They may have originally been made to honor those men, but they don't have to represent that if we choose not to see it as such. Instead, we have people treating it as the memorial to the man as it was originally designed to be and letting it tear us apart.

Personally, rather than tearing it down and destroying it, I say put it in a historical museum in a section dedicated to the Civil War as a whole. It should be preserved, but that doesn't mean it should really sit out in the middle of town either. That only causes more fighting and leads to the wrong impression that the city it stands in still stands for slavery and serves to fuel racism as it is now.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#16 Posted: 21:07:57 13/08/2017
I think the statute should stay, not for racist reasons. I simply see it as a removal and censorship of American history. I don't care if it "makes someone feel bad". We need to learn from our mistakes, not hide them. If we hide them then we can't learn anything.

I really hate how republicans keep being put into bad light because of this kind of crap. :\ Not all of us are racist, you know. Despite what the media says.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#17 Posted: 22:38:17 13/08/2017
Quote: parisruelz12
I really hate how republicans keep being put into bad light because of this kind of crap. : Not all of us are racist, you know. Despite what the media says.

idk it might have something to do with how you felt the most important addition to a topic about nazis is to defend a confederate symbol of slavery and complain about censorship

but that's just my opinion

EDIT: I realize this sounds quite harsh so I'd like to expand on it
I do agree with you that it's important to learn from mistakes, and I also agree with seiki that it'd be more contextually appropriate to relocate the statue to somewhere like a museum.
I don't think of you as a racist, but when the people protesting against the removal of the statue are literal white supremacists and neo-nazis I think it really clues you in on the mindsets and feelings that symbols like this elicit. The feelings of people like this should not be catered to.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:52:31 14/08/2017 by C1nder
#18 Posted: 01:05:05 14/08/2017
Quote: C1nder
I really hate how republicans keep being put into bad light because of this kind of crap. : Not all of us are racist, you know. Despite what the media says.

idk it might have something to do with how you felt the most important addition to a topic about nazis is to defend a confederate symbol of slavery and complain about censorship

I do agree with you that it's important to learn from mistakes, and I also agree with seiki that it'd be more contextually appropriate to relocate the statue to somewhere like a museum.
I don't think of you as a racist, but when the people protesting against the removal of the statue are literal white supremacists and neo-nazis I think it really clues you in on the mindsets and feelings that symbols like this elicit. The feelings of people like this should not be catered to.

I did misread/misunderstand your post and I'm sorry for that.

I just want to say that I don't want to cater to their feelings. That is not what I fee the statue should be there to represent. It's there to remind us of the terrible things that happened and how horrible slavery was. If they want to interpret it that way, w/e shame on them, but we shouldn't remove it because people get offended by it. History is and will always be offensive, there's nothing anyone can do to change it.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:44:49 14/08/2017 by parisruelz12
#19 Posted: 01:11:58 14/08/2017 | Topic Creator
I agree with Seiki, out the Robert E. Lee stature in some museum. Maybe the American History Museum in D.C. perhaps? I know it's a good 100-110 (According to my dad) miles from Charlettesville to D.C., but it's not a bad place to put it. Maybe even with our President's crib, why not put it in front of his house?
---
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9966
#20 Posted: 01:57:00 14/08/2017
Statues of people usually give the implication of idealisation, it shouldn't be out in the city or some park wherever it stood imo. Like others have said they should relocate it to a history museum.
It's honestly amazing that some people at the protests were carrying Nazi flags
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#21 Posted: 02:19:35 14/08/2017
Quote: Iceclaw
Statues of people usually give the implication of idealisation, it shouldn't be out in the city or some park wherever it stood imo. Like others have said they should relocate it to a history museum.
It's honestly amazing that some people at the protests were carrying Nazi flags

Yeah and I really wouldn't care if they moved it. I just don't want it removed entirely.
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#22 Posted: 02:26:45 14/08/2017
Yeah I don't know why it isn't just agreed upon to put the statue in a museum. Seems like such a no-brainer to me.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#23 Posted: 02:33:31 14/08/2017

I did misread/misunderstand your post and I'm sorry for that.

I just want to say that I don't want to cater to their feelings. That is not what I fee the statue should be there to represent. It's there to remind us of the terrible things that happened and how horrible slavery was. If they want to interpret it that way, w/e shame on them, but we shouldn't remove it because people get offended by it. History is and will always be offensive, there's nothing anyone can do to change it.

Fair enough, and I'm glad we can both agree it'd be appropriate to simply move it elsewhere
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#24 Posted: 06:41:02 14/08/2017
Can't believe he's one of my ancestors
#25 Posted: 08:17:46 14/08/2017
Quote: Seiki
I'm waiting to hear from anyone a good reason to maintain statues of Lee or Davis or any other Confederate symbol that doesn't wrap itself back around the undeniable fact that the Confederacy existed to maintain slavery.

Hi, just want to share my two cents on the matter and do so civilly, though let's be honest, we both know this forum and this is likely not going to go over as smoothly or peacefully as I hope. Either way, I'd like to share my thoughts on the matter even if they aren't the popular one.

Yes, it's a symbol of slavery, yes it's a symbol of oppression, of hate, of racism. But it's also a piece of history, whether we like it or not. Trying to remove statues, censor out books due to words we don't like, or just life in general to hide the things we don't like because it's evil (and it honestly is), doesn't help anyone in the long run. There's a saying, "History is doomed to repeat itself." If we try to hide out the bad, it leads to a generation that doesn't know any better, a generation that won't understand it being bad and try to do it again. Maybe this time it won't be whites enslaving blacks, maybe the other way around, or maybe even both enslaving an entirely different group, but somewhere down the line it could happen. So, rather than trying to remove the parts we don't like to hide away all the bad, we use it to teach why it's bad. We teach the future that such evil is not acceptable and rightfully called "evil". We keep the statues as a monument to all those who suffered and as a reminder of just how dark history really is. They may have originally been made to honor those men, but they don't have to represent that if we choose not to see it as such. Instead, we have people treating it as the memorial to the man as it was originally designed to be and letting it tear us apart.

Personally, rather than tearing it down and destroying it, I say put it in a historical museum in a section dedicated to the Civil War as a whole. It should be preserved, but that doesn't mean it should really sit out in the middle of town either. That only causes more fighting and leads to the wrong impression that the city it stands in still stands for slavery and serves to fuel racism as it is now.

Perhaps I misspoke with the word "maintain", as I don't argue in favor of destruction of these statues.

I agree with the notion that they should be in museums and exhibits about the history of the US during the Civil War and Confederacy. My issue stems from people who want these statues and Confederate flags to be in town squares and city halls being displayed as the pride of the town. If someone is protesting in favor of putting it on a museum that's fine. But most protesting I've heard usually is complaining that it's being removed at all because "my Southern heritage".
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:18:04 14/08/2017 by CAV
#26 Posted: 19:21:16 14/08/2017
I probably misunderstood the debate overall a bit myself. I understood the issue as a whole to be one where people wanted it to remain in place due to "Southern Pride" vs people finding it offensive altogether and wanting it to simply be erased with no real middle ground between the two sides such as preserving it in a museum.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#27 Posted: 00:09:43 15/08/2017
The perfect summary of White Pride.

[User Posted Image]
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#28 Posted: 03:06:58 15/08/2017

[User Posted Image]

*american
and even then this kind of "white pride" isnt even pride it's just being an extremist
no celebration of culture involved, just putting others down
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:12:52 15/08/2017 by C1nder
#29 Posted: 04:44:01 15/08/2017
@Steve

Soooooo is Oktoberfest not "pride"?

Or Bastille Day?

Or St. Patricks Day?

Heavily implying that white people aren't allowed to have any sense of pride without being called racist or bigoted doesn't help matters. If anything it further sways people to the right. I'm a little peeved at the increasing notion that white people have no culture of their own when the Western world as we know it has been shaped by European cultures from the likes of France, England, Spain, and Portugal.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:45:35 15/08/2017 by CAV
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9966
#30 Posted: 05:23:30 15/08/2017
@Steve

Or Bastille Day?

Or St. Patricks Day?

Heavily implying that white people aren't allowed to have any sense of pride without being called racist or bigoted doesn't help matters. If anything it further sways people to the right. I'm a little peeved at the increasing notion that white people have no culture of their own when the Western world as we know it has been shaped by European cultures from the likes of France, England, Spain, and Portugal.

I agree with most of that except the last part. White people don't have a single unified culture because of how diverse it is - e.g. Irish culture being vastly different from French culture. Similar to how there's no single Black Culture or Latino Culture or Asian Culture - there isn't a single unified culture for one entire race. Culture gets more specific than just race.

Saying that white people shouldn't have any pride whatsoever is stupid imo. Too much pride is bad obviously but that's for any race, not just whites.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#31 Posted: 05:45:41 15/08/2017
Quote: Iceclaw
@Steve

Or Bastille Day?

Or St. Patricks Day?

I agree with most of that except the last part. White people don't have a single unified culture because of how diverse it is - e.g. Irish culture being vastly different from French culture. Similar to how there's no single Black Culture or Latino Culture or Asian Culture - there isn't a single unified culture for one entire race. Culture gets more specific than just race.

Saying that white people shouldn't have any pride whatsoever is stupid imo. Too much pride is bad obviously but that's for any race, not just whites.

Exactly. People need to realize that the people at these rallies are human trash and represent no sort of pride or culture other than Nazism and supremacy.
#32 Posted: 06:55:38 15/08/2017
I think I'm just more annoyed at the general notion that some people have that if you are white you have no culture of your own (whether it be French, Portuguese, Polish, etc). It's admittedly unrelated to the subject at hand and more a reaction to the image Steve shared.

Don't think anyone's gonna argue that these white nationalist protests are a fight for the preservation of their culture. Just the destruction of others.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:56:18 15/08/2017 by CAV
#33 Posted: 08:14:59 15/08/2017
^White Americans don't see other white people as white. They see the Jewish, Irish, Italians and many others as the undesired.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#34 Posted: 09:21:36 15/08/2017
^White Americans don't see other white people as white. They see the Jewish, Irish, Italians and many others as the undesired.

Excuse me?

I'm sorry, I wasn't going to post in this topic anymore as I'm sincerely trying not to let a whole lot bother me anymore.

HOWEVER

I feel like your perspective on Americans is completely biased and unfair. There are groups of people in America like this, yes. But a singular group of rocks doesn't make a mountain. A singlular drop of water doesn't represent an ocean. You are wrong about white Americans, stop stereotyping us.

racism is a spectrum it comes in all colors and as far as I'm concerned you are just as bigoted as the "WHITE AMERICANS" that you hate so much.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:22:54 15/08/2017 by parisruelz12
#35 Posted: 09:30:07 15/08/2017
However he is historically quite correct i.e. discrimination against hispanics
I think he meant more systematically, as opposed to all white americans being individually racist (though I could be incorrect)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:32:00 15/08/2017 by C1nder
#36 Posted: 09:33:07 15/08/2017
However he is historically quite correct i.e. discrimination against hispanics
I think he meant more systematically (though I could be incorrect)

It doesn't matter, he's just as bias as the groups protesting right now.

All you have to do is read through his other posts on topics, its not that hard to see.
---
#37 Posted: 09:47:27 15/08/2017
Sorry Steve but I've gotta side with Paris on this one. While the real monsters have made themselves quite visible with their flags and chanting, you turn to generalising an entire diverse group of people as evil. Your extreme-left view points are quite regressive in a topic such as this. It's pretty obvious who to hate, and grouping all white americans with such extremist groups is really not helping.
#38 Posted: 10:56:27 15/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Oh StevemacQ more or less hates Americans, seeing us as savages. He's one of the most intolerant people I've seen. There's just this deep, deep, hatred and anger he has towards White Americans, it seems. He also seems to think he's right in believing this.
---
#39 Posted: 12:38:20 15/08/2017

Excuse me?

Not everyone in America is Freakin Evil

It's not everybody's fault some Stupid idiots decided to band together and do stupid things that are so stupid I would rather live on the moon
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#40 Posted: 14:13:37 15/08/2017
Sorry again. I'll correct myself.

White Americans aren't evil but the Confederates and their KKK and hillbilly descendants are evil.

Confederacy should not be celebrated as a heritage. If I found out my ancestors were part of the Confederacy, I would go out my way to burn as many bridges with them all as possible by peeing on Robert E. Lee's grave, burning the condeferate flag and play **** The Police by N.W.A. on a giant boombox at a rodeo show.

The Confederacy prides itself on slavery while the foundation of the KKK and Nazis is genocide.

Better?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#41 Posted: 14:53:14 15/08/2017 | Topic Creator

White Americans aren't evil but the Confederates and their KKK and hillbilly descendants are evil.

Confederacy should not be celebrated as a heritage. If I found out my ancestors were part of the Confederacy, I would go out my way to burn as many bridges with them all as possible by peeing on Robert E. Lee's grave, burning the condeferate flag and play **** The Police by N.W.A. on a giant boombox at a rodeo show.

The Confederacy prides itself on slavery while the foundation of the KKK and Nazis is genocide.

Better?

Better enough!
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#42 Posted: 20:18:57 15/08/2017

[User Posted Image]

lol damn whites making the internet so I can complain about them
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:19:55 15/08/2017 by Blackholes_Wolf
#43 Posted: 17:31:36 16/08/2017

Better?

Better
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#44 Posted: 18:38:47 16/08/2017
I would go out my way to burn as many bridges with them all as possible by peeing on Robert E. Lee's grave, burning the condeferate flag and play **** The Police by N.W.A. on a giant boombox at a rodeo show.

you're like a factory for these quotes aren't you
#45 Posted: 20:09:46 16/08/2017

Better?

Second paragraph is a little silly but considerably better yes.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#46 Posted: 21:43:42 16/08/2017
oh boy everybody hates white people again
#47 Posted: 23:08:29 19/08/2017
http://www.star-telegram.com/n...e167953237.html

This pisses me off so much. It's basically censoring out the entire point of the park's foundation and the reason for its name.
---
#48 Posted: 23:15:22 19/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Isn't Six Flags' home state Texas? I know there are multiple in the country, including D.C., but from what I remember, Six Flag was founded in Texas.
---
#49 Posted: 23:22:58 19/08/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Isn't Six Flags' home state Texas? I know there are multiple in the country, including D.C., but from what I remember, Six Flag was founded in Texas.

Yes. The one I posted about is the original, home park.

The entire point of Six Flags foundation for those who don't know, is for the "six flags" or countries that held some or all of territory within Texas at some point in time. The park was founded in honor of Texas' history.
Spain: Who originally colonized and founded Texas.
Mexico: After winning their independence from Spain obtained Texas.
Texas: They then in turn won independence against Mexico and became a country of their own.
France: A small portion of it was bought via the Louisiana Purchase.
US: After becoming their own country, for convenience merged into the US and became a state.
Confederacy: Texas is in the south and aligned with them in the Civil War.

The home park has 6 sections within the park (among others) that are named after these 6 countries, albeit "Confederate" is named as "Old South" in-park.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:23:38 19/08/2017 by Seiki
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me