Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Remember how Spyro can't carry a gun?
Page 1 of 1
Remember how Spyro can't carry a gun?
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 18:34:50 29/07/2017 | Topic Creator
You know that old Ted Price interview about how Insomniac Games didn't know how to give Spyro a gun and just moved on to Ratchet & Clank?

What if Sparx could fire beams and stuff for Spyro like how Grimoire Weiss, Pod 042 and Pod 153 from the NieR games?

[User Posted Image]

Problem solved! Now if the Spyro trilogy gets remastered and a new sequel Sparx can be more prominent in the game than taking damage, collecting gems and eating butterflies.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2 Posted: 18:35:58 29/07/2017
I can't even pay attention to the text because of the image.
---
Bruh
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 19:40:33 29/07/2017
Something something become as eggs

Sparx wouldn't solve anything. Nier's system is to counter other bullets and build up damage. If they wanted Spyro to be like Rachet, there's a whole lot of skills that you can't get with a smol quadruped dragon. Even Skyro stretches it because he gets on his back feet often but can't really keep the position for long.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#4 Posted: 20:22:35 29/07/2017
What a stupid reason to not continue Spyro. He's an American isn't he? Give that man a gun so he can shoot Riptio in his ****ing head.

"Gonna take all the Dragonflies now, mother ****er?"
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#5 Posted: 01:41:26 30/07/2017
For real though, Sparx kinda works like that in Skylanders, so at least we already have that.
---
Bruh
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#6 Posted: 05:21:25 30/07/2017
spyro can't carry gun was always joke. insomniac left franchise because universal interactive wanted other developer.
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#7 Posted: 17:56:32 30/07/2017
Quote: Drawdler
[User Posted Image]

im so happy every time i get to post this drawing
spyro can shoot from gun topic closed
:^]

My favorite pic from this forum, straight-up
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#8 Posted: 00:41:13 31/07/2017
Because Spyro can totally be compared to something developed by Platinum Games. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#9 Posted: 01:02:19 31/07/2017
Quote: Drawdler
[User Posted Image]

im so happy every time i get to post this drawing
spyro can shoot from gun topic closed
:^]

Why does Spyro look like he doesn't give a crap

Like seriously, imagine a robber who just didn't care about robbing banks

Where the hell am I getting these comparisons
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#10 Posted: 23:24:11 31/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
Because Spyro can totally be compared to something developed by Platinum Games. >.>

It's more of a NieR-thing than PlatinumGames-thing. I can totally a twisted theme park level in a Spyro game and if Stewart Copeland can't come back, then how about Keiichi Okabe? I rather have great music of any kind than generic fantasy.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#11 Posted: 23:38:34 31/07/2017
Ah yes, let's call one of the Top 5 vidya composers in Japan nowadays to write for a goofy kids' plataformer in an IP that no one is allowed to work on lately. Yup.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:51:04 31/07/2017 by Bifrost
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#12 Posted: 01:54:21 01/08/2017
We all know it would be the Vicarious Visions Audio Team (whoever they are) doing the music. Because apparently they can't even afford to hire Lorne Balfe anymore if Imaginators is anything to go by. <.<

(I'd still vote for Michael Bross, anyway...)
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:54:53 01/08/2017 by HIR
#13 Posted: 02:28:28 01/08/2017
We all know it would be the Vicarious Visions Audio Team (whoever they are) doing the music. Because apparently they can't even afford to hire Lorne Balfe anymore if Imaginators is anything to go by. <.<

I mean, I think Lorne wasn't on Imaginators more because of time rather than money, but it might be possible.

Annoying correction: Imaginators was all handled by Toys for Bob, except the Crash content.
---
Bruh
#14 Posted: 08:26:29 01/08/2017
Yeah, VV could still afford Balfe, TFB was the one using licensed music for half of TT and all of Imaginators.
---
#15 Posted: 10:02:28 01/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Ah yes, let's call one of the Top 5 vidya composers in Japan nowadays to write for a goofy kids' plataformer in an IP that no one is allowed to work on lately. Yup.

Like I said before; I want Spyro to be something BEYOND nostalgia-value! I want Spyro to be something beautiful because it has scenery that could surpass even the best Final Fantasy worlds. It's better than preserving those outdated Matrix references in Spyro 3. That's another thing! If Spyro gets remastered, all the badly-aged references should be written out because people, who never played these games before. aren't gonna find some of these jokes funny.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#16 Posted: 11:00:31 01/08/2017
A fan's idea for a game unfortunately isn't cold hard cash or a profit guarantee - or what a dev team would get with a usually small budget.
---
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#17 Posted: 12:47:45 02/08/2017
The solution comes from Charles Zembillas
[User Posted Image]
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#18 Posted: 02:22:27 14/08/2017

I second Michael Bross doing the music (I think he did a fantastic job in the R&C PS4 reimagining/remake), though Copeland himself is of course my first choice. I think to have anyone other than Copeland doing the music would only happen if no one even asked him in the first place, based on this interview: https://www.gamestm.co.uk/inte...ewart-copeland/

Near the end Copeland says this about writing music for other video games: Quote:
A game I would say yes to would be one that had music on the same level as Spyro, where it’s just cheap and cheerful, where you bang them out and you get on a roll and it’s got a groove, atmosphere and a vibe that doesn’t require a big orchestra. That’s the kind of thing I would get into.
---
You gotta believe!
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#19 Posted: 15:50:06 21/08/2017
Just make him a biped! All the adult dragon are bipeds, so wouldn't Spyro be too when he grows up a bit? Also, couldn't they implement a gun like mechanic that works for a quadruped? I like OP's idea about Spark shooting beams/projectiles, but couldn't Spyro's own breath attacks work the same way? What about magical summons, or gadgets that levitate for him, or something like Byrd's rocket launchers or Gulp's laser cannons?
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6425
#20 Posted: 21:25:47 21/08/2017
Guns does not belong in a fantasy games...never will and guns and dragons don't mix.Stop wanting to turn everything into Call of Duty.No guns allowed in a freaking platformer,it does not belong here and this idea is stupid to begin with.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#21 Posted: 21:36:24 21/08/2017
Quote: fyra
Guns does not belong in a fantasy games...never will and guns and dragons don't mix.Stop wanting to turn everything into Call of Duty.No guns allowed in a freaking platformer,it does not belong here and this idea is stupid to begin with.

But what if they are fantasy guns?
---
Bruh
#22 Posted: 21:41:00 21/08/2017
So sci fantasy..that could actually work and have a unique flair that would be quite unusual...was Phantasy Star like that anyway?
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#23 Posted: 21:52:08 21/08/2017
So sci fantasy..that could actually work and have a unique flair that would be quite unusual...was Phantasy Star like that anyway?

No I mean guns made of magic without technology or whatever
---
Bruh
#24 Posted: 21:54:36 21/08/2017
This is impossible..why are you so much guns obsessed,is a majestic and powerful dragon not enough for you?
---
#25 Posted: 22:07:14 21/08/2017
This is impossible..why are you so much guns obsessed,is a majestic and powerful dragon not enough for you?

How is it impossible? Magic can do anything!!!1111!!1

Also dragons are boring they need guns and blood and cursing and drugs and sex and... More blood...
---
Bruh
#26 Posted: 22:24:35 21/08/2017
You are probably quite young,american that fire their gun to the air because dragons are not boring,stop wanting to turn everything into Call of Duty and a gory mess.I won't mind a Elder Scrolls,Diablo like or Witcher like but turning Spyro into a gory,obscene,generic war games that is not a Starcraft or a X-COM(won't mind a crossover with those).I want a huge epic with an amazing storyline,gorgeous world to explore,interesting lore and a deep,more mature(well in the Elder Scrolls,Game of Thrones,Witcher way) story.We could use a nod to D&D by making dragons able to shapeshift and allowing hybrids...this would make possible stuff that quatrupeds can't do,guns...no...just no...but lasers or sword it could work,for exemple I have a dragon oc that can materialise a sword made out of shadows(yes it's the Fyra in my pseudo) so making humans dragons hybrid could be a good way to interest people that would not get interested into dragons.

You have the right to not agree,atleast I told my opinion.If you love guns,blood,violence what are you doing on a site dedicated to a all ages franchise that the biggest it could ever get would be a T.M rated Spyro will not happen,we won't make another Drakenguard.
---
#27 Posted: 22:59:37 21/08/2017 | Topic Creator
I said have Sparx fire energy blasts like Weiss in NieR. That's as best as you can get to away with having guns in a fantasy setting.

I'm not asking for edgelord-nonsense, I want Spyro to be more than just nostalgia because people love to ridicule nostalgia as something bad.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#28 Posted: 23:15:15 21/08/2017
Fire blasts could work just fine and help Spyro become more badass and I also want Spyro to be more than just nostalgia fuel.
---
#29 Posted: 01:10:10 22/08/2017
You are probably quite young,american that fire their gun to the air because dragons are not boring,stop wanting to turn everything into Call of Duty and a gory mess.I won't mind a Elder Scrolls,Diablo like or Witcher like but turning Spyro into a gory,obscene,generic war games that is not a Starcraft or a X-COM(won't mind a crossover with those).I want a huge epic with an amazing storyline,gorgeous world to explore,interesting lore and a deep,more mature(well in the Elder Scrolls,Game of Thrones,Witcher way) story.We could use a nod to D&D by making dragons able to shapeshift and allowing hybrids...this would make possible stuff that quatrupeds can't do,guns...no...just no...but lasers or sword it could work,for exemple I have a dragon oc that can materialise a sword made out of shadows(yes it's the Fyra in my pseudo) so making humans dragons hybrid could be a good way to interest people that would not get interested into dragons.

You have the right to not agree,atleast I told my opinion.If you love guns,blood,violence what are you doing on a site dedicated to a all ages franchise that the biggest it could ever get would be a T.M rated Spyro will not happen,we won't make another Drakenguard.

I was just kidding dude, no need to get angry.
---
Bruh
#30 Posted: 01:27:52 22/08/2017
Nice to hear that it was not serious because it was quite scary to read,but I get the point made,it would be nice to get a more mature Spyro game made for the older audience that grew up with Spyro.Still guns,profanity and gore would feel too weird in a franchise that is also played by kids,even if a dragon trilogy with this do exist,it's named Drakenguard...you might know it better as the prequel to Nier.Sorry to have reacted so harshly,I nearly though it was serious.Feel better now that I know you were joking.
---
#31 Posted: 04:39:46 22/08/2017
Just make his breath work like a gun. he already had different breaths with different effects, just deepen and refine the game play/combat.

Ice could be used for sharp shooting. You take a covert position, aim and zoom, pres and hold the button for more or less power and let fly. More power would do more damage and go farther, but make a bigger blast/leave a trail to you and draw attention. Less power needs you to get closer, risking notice by your target but you can take them down silently and move from enemy to enemy without detection. More power could be used to cut down enemy threat and set up traps; take out the toughest guy in the crowd and move to a new position while everyone converges on your location and the trap you've set there (more on that later) and take out even more. Less power would be useful in tight areas like fortresses with lots of intersecting halls where you need to keep moving and take out enemies quickly as you come upon them.

Fire breath is quite standard, not a lot of precision but you cover a wide area, good for crowds close up to you. Could also be used to weaken the area around you to set up traps. Burn a tree branch so it falls on an enemy, or weaken the supports for a platform so the enemies fall.

Earth could be a psychic power you can use to shake the ground or statues to draw enemy attention for a trap or away from you for an escape. Could also be used to trigger traps, like knock over a weakened platform or collapse a weak wall on an enemy. Could also create high power quakes around you to knock enemies back.

Electricity could be used to create ball lightning that explodes on a timer or psychic command for a trap or bomb attack. Could also shoot a bolt to hit multiple targets from afar. Would also have a stun effect on enemies.

God I love this idea. Think of the possibilities, not just for combat but for puzzles and exploration. Different mechanisms in puzzles could be tripped by different powers. Like earth to knock out a wall and find a new path/hidden item, move platforms into place or carry yourself along. The latter could be challenge in power/mana management. Fire to burn foliage, remove ice blocks, or light dark areas for a time. Lightning to activate ancient arcane tech or move metal objects with magnetism. Ice to build paths on water or put out blocking fires. The possibilities are endless, especially if you introduce another ability, like mind control, shadow/light manipulation, psychokinesis, sonar/sonics, wind could push or pull a target, acid spitting, and countless other options.

Dammit now I REALLY want a dragon game like this!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:40:13 22/08/2017 by ClassicSpyroLUV
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#32 Posted: 04:54:40 22/08/2017
A Spyro in the style of Ratchet and Clank would be a neat experiment
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#33 Posted: 08:21:35 22/08/2017
Quote: Bryman04
A Spyro in the style of Ratchet and Clank would be a neat experiment

I think A Hero's Tail, tried to follow Ratchet & Clank, and Jak & Daxter a little bit, they changed the gems to currency, which is a similar trait to Ratchet. Spyro had similar abilities to Jak, for example, pole swinging.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#34 Posted: 14:57:34 22/08/2017
I really loved AHT. Such a shame they didn't continue with that style. Yeah it had its flaws (it was really silly even by Classic standards,the voice acting wasn't great especially on Spyro and the Fairies) but it was a needed and fitting upgrade to the old style and with some reworking could've been really great.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#35 Posted: 15:26:30 22/08/2017
Quote: ClassicSpyroLUV
I really loved AHT. Such a shame they didn't continue with that style. Yeah it had its flaws (it was really silly even by Classic standards,the voice acting wasn't great especially on Spyro and the Fairies) but it was a needed and fitting upgrade to the old style and with some reworking could've been really great.

Yeah, AHT was decent, definitely the best game that wasn't done by Insomniac. I thought Spyro's voice sounded a little similar to the first game, a little annoying. Tom Kenny was definitely right for Spyro, it's like he was Spyro smilie

And I think the soundtrack for the game wasn't all that great either, and I did find it a little annoying that they were copying other games to modernise it, even though Spyro was originally out before games like Ratchet, and Jak. Felt like a bit of an insult to try and copy a few things from those games but there you go it happened.

And what was also a little disappointing was that Spyro never got his own flight levels, what they should have done was let Sgt.Byrd do the first part of the flying, to get the egg, and then for the light gem Spyro should have had his turn.

It would be cool if they could remake Shadow Legacy for the PS4 since that was the sequel to it, but they would really have to up the gameplay, especially on the combat side of things.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#36 Posted: 15:35:45 22/08/2017
Hey, AHT's soundtrack isn't half bad. Some themes are Goofy Game 101, but some level themes are on par to Nintendo soundtrack to me - Ice Citadel, Red's Lab, Stormy Beach...

On topic of gun, magic and gun can definately combine, but I think Spyro on a tank or mech is more believable and nicer looking than holding a magitek flintlock. Sounds weird I know, but he fits laser turret more than the old firearm.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:58:50 22/08/2017 by Bifrost
#37 Posted: 15:45:39 22/08/2017
YES! I want a full 3d re imagining of Shadow Legacy! I say re imagining because it was also quite silly, with Bianca's home word being inside a magic top hat full of giant magic show props and stuff like that. Also the final boss battle was some WEAK SAUCE and the lore, though the deepest of any Spyro game at the time, was still quite thin.

However I LOVED how the world was so big and all connected and merged aspects and characters of all the previous games. There was also this sense of real urgency to it all, considering that the Sorcerer was a lot more mysterious and threatening than any other villain and everything Spyro and the player knew was at stake.

I want the world to be expanded on; given all they put in, all they introduced and all the re imagining of previous ideas, it was just too much to properly take in and appreciate in one game. Really give us the time to learn this new world they built and everyone/everything in it, take the time to flesh out the lore and really make us hate, fear and dread the sorcerer and SL could be one hell of a game/trilogy.

Also can I just say how much I LOVED Red the Dragon's redemption in SL?! Imagine if the threat of the Sorcerer was so great that ALL Spyro's villains and friends alike had to work together to stop it. Not all would reform of course, but it would be cool to see the dynamic between Spyro, the Sorceress and Ripto. Especially Between Bianca and the Sorceress, given their past. What if the Sorceress was working with the Sorcerer?! Was kind of dinosaurish so maybe they're the same species/family.
#38 Posted: 15:54:09 22/08/2017
Hey I AHT's soundtrack a lot. It fits with the game and sounds pretty nice.
---
Bruh
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#39 Posted: 18:18:42 23/08/2017
I've always said that the only way Spyro would "continue" would be if they picked up what AHT started, though now it's 2017 so I highly doubt anyone will even officially acknowledge AHT again. I'm glad to see other people have the same opinions about AHT as me, I've always thought it was really underrated. It has its flaws, but I love it's goofy, PS2 take on Spyro, and the music is great too. I agree, definitely the best Spyro not made by Insomniac.
---
You gotta believe!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me