Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Heart of Mana (reboot)
LegendOfZelda Emerald Sparx Gems: 3787
#1 Posted: 00:35:07 05/07/2017 | Topic Creator
ITS BACK, yet the same. I want to give this another shot!

Before the first era, before recorded history itself, mankind lived along side the mythical creatures of lore. Dragons, trolls, elves and many more lived scattered across the planet in an uneasy harmony of territory with humans. In this time, magic was the driving force of everything and there was often debate over who had the best grasp of mana. Solid mana in the form of gems were very rare and coveted among races. There are many names for these simplistic jewels such as Alicorn horns, Tears of the Sun, the Souls of Theldor. Mana Crystals are the most common term. These rare gems naturally resemble diamonds at their “blank state”, where their magic potential is limitless.
The Dragons and Wyverns were the first to find The Sun's Garden, a land where crystallized magic grew like plants, and the world rejoiced for a short period. The Wyverns became greedy and tried to take the land for themselves to be stronger than their Dragon cousins. This led to the War of Mana, dragging their internal conflict across the entire land. 100 unsuccessful years passed and the Wyverns admitted defeat, retreating into the far mountains to the north, called the Mountains of Aelia. The Dragons and the allied Humans claimed the Sun's Garden and brought peace to most of the world. There has not been a war in centuries since the War of Mana, and technology and magic have advanced to new heights.

320 years after the end of the War of Mana, life still goes on at a rather peaceful rate. Dragons have shared their knowledge of magic with the world and human-kind has introduced great technology. Suble rumors speak of a revolt far north of the continent, the Venom cult and the Wyverns working together. Yet the easy-going cities of Theldor dismiss it as gossip, resuming their daily lives.
A young human inventor in the main city of Dovahiim finds a very peculiar Mana Crystal, one branded with the domain of Poison. Knowing that the domain of Poison is evil, and a mana crystal of this domain hasn't been made in years, he brings it back to his small group of friends and fellow inventors called the Gears of the Future.
Should they take it to the King of Dragons? Should they destroy it? What does the appearance of a Poison crystal mean? The solutions may sound simple, but their future is far more complicated then they will ever know.

--------

Yes, this is a “In the past, yet future-y” rp. Technology in this world closely resembles steampunk tech, powered mostly by Mana crystals.
I did just have this RP up, yet I had to take it down due to my massive unreadyness. Lets hope I have everything covered now.

Another thing, this roleplay is also somewhat formatted by the old Dungeon and Dragons rules. I am DM(DUNGEON MASTER) and I reserve the right to; kick you out, bring people on track, attempt to kill you, take control for cinematic scenes, etc.

ANOTHER
another thing, There may be one or two users that are directly helping me drive plot-line in this roleplay. If you pay attention, you could probably guess who.

---RP rules---

~No godmodding(although I think it'll be hard to)
~No over-the-top violence or romance
~Go ahead and fight with whatever you wish, just keep in mind the other rules.
~Try not to do one-liners. Become your characters and do as they would do.
~There may be a maximum on characters. I have to know your ability to keep track of your things and your “quality of product” before I allow more than 3 for you.
~If your character dies(It might happen, but I will warn/consult you before hand) don't whine about it. You are free to make a new character if you desire.
~Please at least attempt to be inter-racial. I know you might be going “OOOO Dragons”, but there are other very important races that would be beneficial if were involved.
~Try not to be too young. A dangerous plot of possible world obliteration is imminent.
~Please try to be inventive and use a new character. I like recycling as much as the next guy, but it kinda gets redundant after a while.
~Please have fun and don't be afraid to contribute to plot.

---Character Sheet---

Name:
Race:
Age:(Dragons, Wyverns, Elves and Druggadons age differently. See RACES for help)
Domain:(Everyone has one, since its a way of life. Magical creatures can use them on command tho)
Equipment:(See EQUIPMENT post)
Appearance:
History:

You are automatically part of the Gears of the Future unless you specifically PM me to state otherwise. I do need at least 6-8 members for the GotF guild however. You do not HAVE to be an inventor to be in the Gears, yet there are some rolls that need be filled. PM me to fill a role.

---Roles for the Gears of the Future---

Inventor:
Inventor:
Inventor:
Shaman:
Blacksmith:
Blacksmith:
Crystalist:
Dominionist:

---Affiliated with the Guild---

Blacksmith:
Fighter:
Domain Adept:

---Outside roles---

Grand Dragon King: Beromere the Vast (LegendofZelda)
King of Mankind: Victor Beldrassi III (LegendofZelda)
---
My avatar looks like crap because dark has a stupid 40KB size cap
#2 Posted: 00:36:17 05/07/2017 | Topic Creator
---Races---

Humans: The most advanced race on Theldor, creating the perfect combination of magic and technology. Humans may be the smallest in size and possibly the most mundane, but they are seen as the most courageous and powerful beings in Theldor, thanks to their adaptable nature and open-minded thinking. They are currently aligned with Dragons, Alicorns, and Elves, yet share treaties with most other races. Humans grow to be between 5 and 6 feet, have a large variety of skin colors, and have a slight obsession with covering themselves in clothing.

Dragons: Possibly the longest-lived and wisest of all races, dragons have a detailed understanding of magic and draw power straight from the planet. Dragons have almost limitless magical potential, but often choose one “domain” to study and live by. These lizardous creatures were the original race to possess The Sun's Garden. Dragons have been aligned with Humans and Elves since the War of Mana, yet they respect humans more, almost fearing their potential. Most full grown dragons grow to be 10 feet while standing on all fours, and can become 30 feet long from nose to tail. There are a few exceptions in size; some dragons, such as the King, have grown to be a grand 45 feet tall and 70 feet long. Dragons have an extended lifespan from their affinity with magic, their mental age growing much slower. A dragon mentally 16 years old is actually just shy over the age of 112, giving them an actual age ratio of 7:1.

Elves: This race lived closely with dragons for quite some time, studying with them and even sharing the same way of life. After time, this race developed its own magical abilities, and strayed away from the teachings of the Dragons, believing their magic to be superior. During the war, the Elves were almost wiped out by the Dragon and Human forces and surrendered, becoming a small ally. Elves still believe themselves to be superior to all beings however, and after the war they vanished into the deep forests. This race grows only slightly larger than humans do, rarely reaching 7 feet. They are distinctly thinner than humans however. Elves age slightly slower then humans, yet have the same mental aging process as them. An Elf that is 100 knows and feels 100, unlike dragons and wyverns.

Alicorns: These creatures are horses, molded by the magical energy of Theldor. Most are winged and have a singular horn atop their head, comprised of crystallized mana. Alicorns are intelligent, can speak, live in civilized villages, and enjoy singing in harmony.(lol my little pony joke) Shortly after the initial discovery of these creatures, they were hunted for their magical horn, being the only source of crystal mana on the planet. It was quickly banned after it was discovered that these horses were very much sentient. Humans have feelings of guilt to the Alicorns for generations because of poaching them for 100 years. Alicorns have no differences in size to a normal horse other than their wings, which their span often differs from how frequent they fly. Alicorns often live to be 60.

Trolls: 8 feet tall, extremely muscular, and ridiculously stupid, these creatures are the biggest positive OR negative of open country, depending on perspective. They are easily fooled by traveling merchants, tricked into carrying tons of weight for a “magic carrot”. During the war, they weren't aligned with anyone, often just getting picked up and told to swing a club at that guy. Trolls are very tight-knit and tribal, living in the same family cave until death. Not much research has been put into trolls, all that is known is that because of their occasional brawling, they never really live past 50

Druggadon: The product of forbidden magic and advanced technology, this species is a half-dragon half-human hybrid. Only made after the war, Druggadon are small in numbers and usually live away from society. They are looked at as freaks and taboo among the populous. Although small in numbers, they are a fierce race to be reckoned with; given both the dragon's affinity with magic, plus a human's survival instinct and intelligence. Druggadons stand as tall as elves, yet have the muscle composure more related to trolls. They have similar features, a long lizardous tail and colorful scales. Most of them sport wings as well. Their age ratio is close to 3:1

Titans: Measuring up to be over 80 feet tall, these humanoid monsters are the most dangerous thing on the planet. Or were. Long before the war, these creatures plagued human-kind and almost drove them to extinction. It was the help of the Dragons that eliminated the problem, dwindling the Titans numbers to be an endangered species. They are rarely found now days, but all races are warned to either steer clear of one or kill it on site if you are capable.

Wyverns: The jealous cousin of the Dragons, Wyverns were the ones who initially started the first war. Like the dragons, this race has natural magical abilities, but are often less powerful since they refuse to pick domains as dragons do. Wyverns are smaller than Dragons and somewhat resemble bats, having only two legs, and two arms that double as large wings with two finger-like claws at the main joint. All other features closely resemble dragons, most growing to a height of 8-9 feet tall and 25 feet long. They are also seen as more cunning then their relatives. Also like dragons, they age much slower giving them an age ratio of 7:1. Wyverns are frowned at in modern society, much animosity over the past war still settling in peoples hearts. A wyvern will find it hard for anyone to trust him.
---
#3 Posted: 00:37:17 05/07/2017 | Topic Creator
---Domains---

These are the ways of life among the races of Theldor, and are also the base of all magical things. A Domain represents your very personality, along with your potential for mana. Even non-magical creatures such as humans follow Domains, instead of typical religions. The study of these magical planes have even negated conflict and war between others.
Choosing a Domain isn't just a quick possess. You must read and reflect, deciding which Domain would suit your character not only in power, but in spirit as well. Most beings only follow one or two Domains as a way of life, and it is taboo to follow more than 3.
There are four different classes of Domains, each one differing in ability and skill;
Root Domains- These are the main elements of history and are viewed as raw, powerful and clean. A follower of a Root Domain usually is highly regarded in society and ends up in very powerful positions.
Demi-Domains- These Domains are directly pulled from the Roots and mixed in a way to create something entirely new. There are more Demi-Domains then any other kind. These beings are usually respected, seen as very skilled and intelligent.
Sub-Domains- These domains are often looked down upon, being a mix of a Root and a Demi. They are no less powerful, yet it is common belief that beings who follow Sub-Domains are weak and feeble, not strong enough to handle a normal Domain. In fact, it may be opposite, for Sub followers tend to focus on a certain skill in close detail
Omni-Domains- The rarest of all Domain types, those who study these Domains actually have to sacrifice something of theirs to gain these abilities. Omni are usually a very precise, yet dangerous point of the Root-Domains. Successfully gaining the abilities of an Omni-Domain takes years of study and devotion.

Here is a list of all Domains in their categories, along with a quick description of what they represent;

---Root-Domains---
Fire: Heat, Spontaneous actions, Anger, Passion, Valor, Leadership, Destruction,
Water: Calm, Intelligence, Illusions, Fluidity, Healing, Peace,
Earth: Solidity, Loyalty, Honor, Strength, Steady movement,
Air: Adventure, Travel, Happiness, Direction,

---Demi-Domains---
Lava: Fire+Earth: Revolt, Rebirth, Change
Steam: Water+Fire: Inspiration, Ingenuity, Motion
Light: Fire+Air: Guidance, Clear mind, Righteousness, Perfection
Metal: Earth+Fire: Immovable, Resilient, Protective, Supportive
Mud: Water+Earth: Shifting, Understanding, Movement, Young-Hearted
Ice: Water+Air: Cold, Beauty, Emotionless, Unforgiving
Poison: Earth+Water: Toxic, Hateful, Deadly, Resentful, Unknown motives
Sand: Air+Earth: Shifting, Changing, Unique, Unyielding
Electricity: Air+Earth: Quick, Surprising, Intelligence, Wisdom, Energy
Dark: Earth+Air: Hidden, Secretive, Self-Reliant, Cunning, Quiet, Daunting

---Sub-Domains---
Glass: Sand+Fire: Fragile, Beauty, Grand, Jagged
Nature: Life+Earth: Unpredictable, Unstoppable,
Spirit: Life+Air: Love, Happiness, Caring, Supporting, Peace, Hope
Fear: Fire+Poison: Hate, Daunting, Unforgiving, Immeasurable, Dominating

---Omni-Domains---
Void: absence of all mana. Must sacrifice all connection to mana to become one with the void.
Life: The opposite of Void. Must be willing to sacrifice ones own life for the lives of others.
Sound: Precise point of Air. Understands the vibration of air and can travel at blinding speeds. User sacrifices their sanity.
Hellfire: Precise point of Fire. Deadly to user as they sacrifice their very soul, can incinerate anything.
Blood: Precise point of Water. Can manipulate all liquids, must sacrifice their own physical form.
Gravity: Precise point of Earth. Understands the weight of all things, can manipulate it at will. User sacrifices their physical strength. Loses sight over time.

A player gets some control over the respective Domains that they choose. Domains of two types give you small bits of power from those types as well, For example, A follower of Lava not only can control the substance, but knows a few spells in Earth and Fire as well. Just as a follower of Fear knows many Fear spells, and also a few Fire, Earth and Water spells.
---
#4 Posted: 00:37:56 05/07/2017 | Topic Creator
---Equipment---

There are many different things in the land of Theldor, from strictly technology to strictly magic, and a pleasant mix of the two. One or two things that will be necessary for all characters, so necessary in fact that you don't even have to write it down, is some sort of container and some sort of coverings. Yes, I mean a backpack and some clothes. Even dragons normally clothe their body, just to make themselves look fabulous. Don't worry, as I said before, you don't have to put “clothes” and “bag” in your equipment list unless you want to be descriptive.
The Equipment slot is more for items like; Weapons, useful things, Mana crystals and so on. I'll cover these things as best I can.
First lets talk about the important things on Theldor;

---Mana Crystals---
Sometimes also refereed as Domain Crystals, these gems hold raw magical energy inside of them. They come in all shapes and sizes, yet many beings go for the lemon-sized, uncut kind. Before the war and the discovery of the Sun's Garden, Mana Crystals were rare. For some time, Alicorns were even poached for their horn, actually a naturally formed Crystal! Nowadays however, you can find one of these jewels at virtually any merchant's stand. They are going to cost you though! They may not be rare, but they are coveted and extremely expensive.
Don't have enough coin for that Crystal you've been needing? It's ok, you can buy an Arcane Shard! These little stone slivers are chipped off a Mana crystal and sold at low prices. They hold the same potential of power as a normal crystal, but they only have a limited amount of charges.
Mana Crystals can hold only one Domain type inside of them, and have a seemingly limitless amount of uses. The most common ones are for energy sources, battle gear, and quick elemental spells.
Spells that are naturally cast can be memorized and used without speaking the incantation(usually just the spell's title), but when drawing a spell from a Crystal, concentration and the proper words need to be spoken.

---Battle Gear---
Ok, you have your basics; swords, axes, shields, and armor. There isn't much to elaborate on with this topic. Battle gear is optional, but isn't it always nice to have a dagger, just in case?
One perk of Battle Gear on Theldor is that it can easily be enchanted. Take your Warhammer, get an Earth Domain Crystal and go to a blacksmith or crystalist. They will set the stone into your weapon and have it cast a permanent spell on your weapon for a price. You'll walk out of there with a hammer that creates seismic quakes when it touches the ground. Good for you!

---Manatech---
This is human ingenuity at its finest. Modern technology(resembling the steampunk era) mixed seamlessly with magic. Manatech can be made from anything, to do anything, for anyone. Inventors are most commonly on the scene of creating cool new trinkets for Theldor. With the technology of today there are; Grappling hooks, Omni-Directional Mobility Gear, Self-Powered vehicles, working prosthetic limbs, and so much more! Many Invention Guilds, such as The Gears of the Future, are constantly bringing new things out every day to make the world's life easier.
Manatech also provides us with clean power, infusing Mana Crystals into neat little energy packs. These things only weigh 5 pounds, and are no bigger than a bottle of milk! Carry one with you, just in case. You never know what you might need to power.

---Adventuring Equipment---
These are any little things you might think you would need. Rope, extra food, lockpicks, etc. Take them as you will.(PM me with questions) Don't leave your home empty-handed. You never know when adventure will strike.

Those are the important topics to cover. You don't have to create a giant list of things for your EQUIPMENT slot, one or two things is fine. I'm just trying to give an image of the possibilities, get those imagination juices flowing. And remember, I'm open to you carrying anything as long as it's appropriate and you can carry it. What I mean is that you can't put a monocycle(a motorcycle of the time) in your backpack. And you can't have like 7 Mana Crystals. I don't think any one of our characters are that rich.
---
#5 Posted: 00:39:03 05/07/2017 | Topic Creator
---Occupations---

Shaman- Of the dragon species, these are the most knowledgeable about a specific Domain. They devote their incredibly long lives to studying and serving their domain, perfecting its magic. Shaman's are the only beings to be able to give raw Mana Crystals purpose, channeling their Domain energy into the blank stone and changing its properties. Shamans are held in high regard in the society of Theldor, as they are not only powerful magicians, but also priests and teachers of the Domain they follow.

Domain Adept- Any race with magical potential can become an adept, and most dragons are referred as such. Like Shamans, they adopt the way of life of a Domain, yet do not follow it as strictly and even take up one or two different magics. Adepts can cast powerful spells and use Mana almost to its full potential, but will never be as strong or disciplined as a Shaman.

Inventor- This occupation often requires little to no natural magic, so humans are most likely to fill the roll. Inventors take solid steel and mold it to fit a purpose, their architectural skill and mechanical know-how trumping most other minds. They often infuse their work with Mana crystals, since they cannot use magic themselves. Inventors are handy in a team, as they can create almost anything given time.

Dominionist- Born with natural magic or not, dominionists devote their lives to the study of the Domains. Unlike shamans and adepts however, these beings study the entire spectrum. A common dominionist knows at least one thing about every Domain, yet may never be able to cast a spell from one, since they study but not practice. Dominionists are handy for quick tactical maneuvers and spontaneous information about a foes potential power.

Crystalist- Mana crystal in hand, these beings are part of a fierce class. Crystalists have knowledge of the inner workings of Mana crystals, and can unlock their full potential. Not to be mistaken with Shamans, these people cannot change a crystal's Domain. They rather let the Mana crystal's energy take over their body, channeling it through their own magical reserves. Crystalists tend not to study a Domain, for it is easier to work with crystals if your body is a blank slate for their power to flow through.Crystalists are also responsible for shaping a crystals physical form.

Fighter- Fighters fly straight into the heat of battle, not giving a second glance at any form of magic. Those in this class prefer weapons to mana, and can use almost anything to fight. These are your brave warriors of the front line and mercenaries. There are a rare few fighters that actually use Mana crystals, but they are oft attached to a weapon or piece of armor to boost their chances of winning.

Assassin- These are skilled combatants who wait for the perfect time to strike and excel at stealth. Most assassins, wielding natural magic or not, study under the Domains of dark, poison or fear to improve their deadly skills. Some are seen making a living as mercenaries, yet most tend to be professional boy-guards, defending their target from the shadows and being a fearful unseen force.

Merchant- This class makes a living from talking, be it convincing a person that their extremely high prices are reasonable, or swaying an enemy's opinion to leave them unharmed. Merchants are skilled in speech, and also slightly in stealth. They don't always buy their wares, and you will most likely never find out an item's true origin unless your willing to pay up a little coin. Merchants are stingy as well, most have enough to live in grand houses in the Capital, yet they live and sell in the slums, where all the most juicy and shady deals go down.

Blacksmith- These beings are everyone's best friend. Blacksmiths know how to work metal by heart and are generally handy. They are called to appraise items for merchants, fix delicate pieces for inventors, make and upgrade weapons and armor for fighters, and craft concealable “items” for assassins. These people are very strong and often kind, unlike their fellow merchants in the market. Blacksmiths often get the most revenue in coin, yet they don't mind the money. They do it to feel the heat of the forge and the smell of melting metal.

Yes, there are other occupations in the world, but these ones are most relevant for the plot. If you have an Idea of an occupation, PM me and we will talk.

And that is if for information(I hope). Soon we will get this rp running
---
Spotalope Green Sparx Gems: 101
#6 Posted: 06:31:34 08/07/2017
Working on it
Name: Litalia Heartstone
Race: Dragon
Domain: Glass
Equipment:
Appearance: Art by WolfRed-Gata on DA, character and art do belong to me
[User Posted Image]
History:
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:57:04 10/07/2017 by Spotalope
Ezio Hunter Gems: 7178
#7 Posted: 04:46:49 12/07/2017
I gave in to temptation. Darn me. I'd been reading on this for the past 2 days and finally got the itch to reply. Hope this safices for you, Loz.

Name: Joseph Arin
Race: Human/Elf
Domain: Dark
Equipment: Prosthetic left arm from elbow down. A rapier like sword hangs at his left hip. Air mana crystal infused into his sword and an earth crystal in his prosthetic. Because of his crystal being in his arm, he often uses it as a shield.
Appearance: A thin, muscular man with dark hair that is cut short. Stands around 6 foot. His chest and arms are scarred. His face is angular with thin lips and dark green eyes.. His ears come to a point, but it's a rounded off point. There are several tattoos across his chest, and piercings along his ears. (I'll draw him when I get the chance. Kinda hard with a 2 year old)
History: He's the illegitimate son of an affair between a female human politician and an elf. He doesn't know his father because his mother didn't want him to know. He was raised up as a human kid, learning sword fighting from a mentor. Things got complicated as he grew older, as he began to show more traits of that of an elf rather than a human. He put it to use by becoming a fighter and became his mother's guard. A result of being a guard for a politician, he lost his arm and his mother's life due to an assassin attack. It sent Joseph in a spiraling downward slope until he found out his domain. He plunged himself in it, to pull him out of his depression. He soon used his inheritance to obtain his two crystals and a prosthetic. He became a fighter for hire after this and does odd jobs in order to make money.
---
"The cowboy has always been a dying breed
But he takes his dying slowly, perched upon his steed."
#8 Posted: 08:12:42 12/07/2017 | Topic Creator
I've actually moved this to another site thats better formatted for Rping, if you are still interested
---
Ezio Hunter Gems: 7178
#9 Posted: 18:07:26 12/07/2017
What's the website? I'm still interested
---
"The cowboy has always been a dying breed
But he takes his dying slowly, perched upon his steed."
#10 Posted: 20:06:58 12/07/2017 | Topic Creator
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/heart-of-mana.347829/

Bam! The site is formatted very efficiently. I loikk it

that goes for anyone else who wants to join this particular rp, RPNation is where I will be handling it
Its also got an app for busybodies that cant stay home in front of their computers all day
https://play.google.com/store/....rpnation&hl=en
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:09:20 12/07/2017 by LegendOfZelda
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me