Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All Purpose Metroid Topic: In Your Prime
Page 1 of 1
The All Purpose Metroid Topic: In Your Prime
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#1 Posted: 08:37:18 04/07/2017 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Credit to LunarDistortion for this image.

In this house, we love and worship Samus Aran.

A topic to talk about all things Metroid, from official projects to fan projects!

LIST OF GAMES:

• Metroid, NES, 1986
  • Metroid II: Return of Samus, GameBoy, 1991
  • Super Metroid, SNES, 1994
  • Metroid Fusion, GBA, 2002
  • Metroid Prime, GCN, 2002
  • Metroid: Zero Mission, GBA, 2004
  • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, GCN, 2004
  • Metroid Prime Pinball, DS, 2005
  • Metroid Prime Hunters, DS, 2006
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Wii, 2007
  • Metroid Prime: Trilogy, Wii, 2009
  • Metroid: Other M, Wii, 2010
  • Metroid Prime: Federation Force, 3DS, 2016
  • Metroid: Samus Returns, 3DS, 2017
  • Metroid Prime 4, Switch, TBA

TEASERS/TRAILERS

End Transmission
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 17:35:29 04/07/2017
As LunarDistortion instructed, taking the discussion here.

I still get alert when I see the Screw Attack shape. Kinda like seeing the Smash cross in everything because of the trailers a few years ago.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 01:53:53 09/07/2017 | Topic Creator
It's very hard for me to not see either symbol in everything, lol.

Also, I wasn't sure whether or not to post this masterpiece in the original post. Yay or nay?

This commercial makes me laugh more than it should. Who approved this?!
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#4 Posted: 15:06:19 10/07/2017
I was expecting it to be related to ing-possession. Which honestly would have made a lot more sense and actually tied into the game instead of, whatever that was supposed to be.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#5 Posted: 23:05:06 10/07/2017 | Topic Creator
An Ing-possession commercial would've been cool, honestly.

My personal theory is that commercial was made by holding a short film contest full of contestants who had no idea what the game was about... and then picking the loser.

On the subject of commercials, I'm amazed at how... good the live-action one for Other M is. Easily one of the best Metroid commercials I've ever seen, which is more than I can say for the game.
#6 Posted: 08:27:18 01/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Double post, but I figured this might be relevant to people's interests, then again the news isn't as fresh anymore, but eh...

[User Posted Image]
#7 Posted: 08:42:49 01/08/2017
The stuff they unlock pushes the line of DLC perks a bunch, gotta say. Some people said this can be just a fast unlock and they're all in the game but I'm not too sure.
---
#8 Posted: 01:43:34 02/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Yeah, some of these unlockables are kinda making me go :/

The reserve tanks and the Metroid marker don't really bother me, but everything else rubs me the wrong way, especially the Fusion Mode. If it was just a costume I wouldn't care, but since it also adds a new difficulty, that's a bit... much.

I'm hoping the theory that these are 'fast unlocks' (as you said) is true.

One of the biggest flaws of the amiibo, really. It's easy for what they give to be pretty much worthless or to fall right into 'Wait, you're hiding that behind a paywall?!'
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:43:50 02/08/2017 by IsisStormDragon
#9 Posted: 20:39:04 08/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Sorry for another double post, but we've gotten clarification on the hard mode extra from the Metroid amiibo.

In short, the game still has a hard mode, Fusion Mode is a harder than hard difficulty.

So, if you wanted a higher difficulty without the amiibo, you got it. It's just not as difficult as the Fusion Mode.

Your mileage may vary on whether or not this is reasonable.
#10 Posted: 20:50:27 08/08/2017
Well, a bit more reasonable, but still not okay.
---
#11 Posted: 03:23:03 17/09/2017 | Topic Creator
Gods college and personal issues are eating my free time fkdgnfkgjhn.

Anyway!

It's out, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Who else has it?

That final Chozo Memory though...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:23:19 17/09/2017 by IsisStormDragon
#12 Posted: 09:03:01 22/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Double post/necro for some (slightly) old news, but I figured, why not have this topic rise from the grave...

Rumour: Namco Bandai is working on Metroid Prime 4

Quoting the beginning of the article here...

Quote:
Internet rumours this week pegged Bandai Namco as being the mystery studio behind Metroid Prime 4 - something multiple sources have now confirmed to Eurogamer as being accurate.

Specifically, the highly-anticipated Nintendo Switch exclusive is being developed by Bandai Namco Studios Singapore, which we understand is lead studio on the game in collaboration with Nintendo.

This studio houses some former LucasArts Singapore staff who previously worked on, among other things, the ambitious cancelled Star Wars 1313.

I'm unsure what to think of this at the moment. I'd like to actually see the game before I make any sort of judgement.
#13 Posted: 11:02:44 22/02/2018
Bayonetta Switch's message for scanning a Metroid amiibo tiptoes around saying "you know I love a big ass" when refering to her

Nintendo extended universe everyone
---
#14 Posted: 04:10:25 24/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Oh yeah, the Switch release of Bayonetta 1 + 2 happened recently, I... think? Don't keep up with that series, dfkjngkfhn

While I'm here, some more stuff I thought people might find interesting.

Samus Returns won Handheld Game of the Year at the DICE Awards!

Quote:
Last night, at the 21st Annual DICE Awards held by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences in Las Vegas, Nintendo cashed in numerous awards for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Snipperclips, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Fire Emblem Heroes for a total of 10 out of 24 awards. As a special bonus, Nintendo veteran and legend, Genyo Takeda, received the lifetime achievement award for his massively influential contributions to the medium.

On top of all this, and most important to us here, Metroid: Samus Returns won the Handheld Game of the Year award! It was nominated alongside Dragon Quest VIII (3DS, Square Enix/Nintendo), Etrian Odyssey V (3DS, ATLUS), Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS, Nintendo), and Monster Hunter Stories (3DS, Capcom).

Shinesparkers also interviewed a guy who worked on the first three Prime games. It's worth the read.

Anyhow, actual footage of me waiting for official news, not rumours, on Prime 4.

[User Posted Image]
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me