Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
If Skylanders Had A Crossover...
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1 Posted: 18:22:37 18/06/2017 | Topic Creator
For the sake of this, imagine that Skylanders is not totally and utterly dead like it currently is.

If Skylanders had a crossover with another series, which one do you think could work?

For me, I think either Mega Man, Street Fighter or Sonic The Hedgehog could work well. I'd say the first would be the best, because then each element could have like 1 or 2 different men "each."

What do you think?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#2 Posted: 19:56:12 18/06/2017
Street Fighter? What?

Crash Bandicoot. But a proper crossover. Gosh... I really want Tiny and Roo figures...
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#3 Posted: 11:19:03 22/06/2017
When you say crossover, how far would the intellectual property be crossing over? Would it be guest appearances/tributes akin to Thumpin' Wumpa Island, or would it be a game where the Skylanders' relevance to the game is equal to (or less than) the franchise it's crossing over with? I could see the Skylanders being in Mario's worlds and having the entire game take place there, rather than just Mario assets being a part of a Skylanders game so that all the potential can be used up. But if we still want this to be Skylanders but with 'crossover adventure pack' (i.e N. Sanity Island), Sonic's worlds have always had beautiful aesthetics. I'm just not sure I could take seeing Green Hill Zone again, even if it is gorgeous.

I think Skylanders would be a great retirement home for many mascots; now that Bubsy's getting a new game the joke of him being laughed out of the industry has kinda lost its punch, but I'm sure he'd make a good Skylander, especially if he wasn't played straight (see Duke Nukem Forever). Croc would be a great addition; a melee fighter with a series of swings and a butt-bash, and his little noises were always nice. If they can get the rights to Tombi!, the Magic Pigs would be a great ally for Kaos and a cool reoccurring enemy. And who doesn't want to bite pigs on the butt? Show me a person who doesn't want to bite pigs on the butt, and I shall show you a heretic.

But that's just my two gems. RED GEMS GO FASTAAAA--, sorry, mixing up my fandoms. Now there's an idea - Skylanders x Warhammer 42,000!

Since Imaginators all was peaceful, if eventful. Characters were writing their backstories and developing their personalities so that they could kick even more botty in the next game! Until... DUN DUN DUUUUN! Kaos appeared in front of them and magicked away all their hard work! "Your knowledge belongs to Malice now, the true master of the universe! And through him, I SHALL ASCEND TO GODHOOD! MUAHAHAHAHAHA! SO LONG, SKYLOSERS!" Kaos was whisked away in a tornado of inconsistent shapes and words, colours and numbers, and the Skylanders were too shocked to go after him. Who was this Malice, and what good would a few sentences to pad out a wiki and place ads on it do for this so-called true master of the universe?

Meanwhile, many lightyears away, someone had the answers. And he was all to pleased to hear the whisper of a distant friend. "MORTIS! I HEAR HIM AGAIN! THE AMETHYST DRAKE CALLS!" Commissar Johnbonne, High Commander of the Adeptus Videogamus, Chosen of Slaanesh and most relevent now, the Herald of the Purple Dragon yelled with fanatacism coursing through his veins. Navigator Mortis rolled his eyes, and turned the ship to the coordinates he was given. Even though they were engaged in a battle with the Space Orkz, the Commissar could not ignore the voice in his head, even when fighting his favourite enemy - Kommissar Flashdakka! The Orkz, infuriated that they were denied a 'proppa gud punch up' followed him to the Skylands.

And so a war on three fronts erupted - Spyro, his Champions and the Skylanders at their command; Kaos and the God of Anarchy's cultists on another; and Kommissar Flashdakka with his Freebootaz on the third. Play as all 7300 characters introduced in this adventure pack to Skylanders: Fear and Loathing in M.A.P, and decide the fate of the universe!

In the 43rd Millenium, there are only Toys to Life.

How's that for a crossover?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:48:41 22/06/2017 by Johnbonne
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#4 Posted: 01:34:36 25/06/2017
Rabbids
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me