Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
i'm done with skylanders.
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1669
#1 Posted: 11:58:39 18/06/2017 | Topic Creator
if you're going to get triggered because of the title, just don't.

so i recently got my last pack before i quit was Lost Imaginite Mines, but i'm not going to talk about that yet.
i can't keep buying skylanders now, i need to end this thing now. i have been a long time skylanders fan since SSA and i was hype when i first saw that commercial since 4th grade, and now that hype finally dies. i'm still a part of the community, don't worry! i just stopped buying future skylanders figures and games, that's all. i don't want this synapse to keep on, and the passion for skylanders... it's just gone. in the future (or in a bunch of days after this post) i will sell all my skylanders except for imaginators, since i don't use them a lot more. hell, even throw in the games as well.

in august i'll turn 15, and i don't want to be mind controlled by acti's stupid kids franchise. instead i think' i'll buy more switch and steam games instead, most games are really fun than a franchise that drains your wallet dry. i have now grown a bigger interest for Sonic, ARMS, and other games.

in the end, it was just a cash grab that controlled my life.
it introduced me to the world of gaming, that's for sure.
skylanders was a game that took a place in my childhood, and it's time to let go of that

goodbye, skylanders.

goodbye, toys to life.

hello, switch and pc games.
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2 Posted: 12:24:39 18/06/2017
After picking up LIM and the last few crystals I want, so am I. I'm just going to go straight to playing other games on systems like the Switch/PS4.

Although, if it returns next year, I will greet it with open arms and be into the series again.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:25:38 18/06/2017 by Chompy-King257
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#3 Posted: 15:20:03 18/06/2017
I thought I was done after SF, skipped TT and bought Superchargers. Luckily I found the starter pack cheap because it had NO resell value when I got bored with the game after a few levels. I liked Academy, but the only thing that would bring me back to the games themselves (if there are ever any more) would be some kind of homage to Classic Spyro or TLOS.

However, I am also enjoying my Switch currently smilie
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#4 Posted: 16:49:20 18/06/2017
Quote: Duke Spike
i just stopped buying future skylanders figures and games, that's all.

How can you stop buying something that will not even exist.
---
Bruh
cookieeater Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#5 Posted: 21:49:36 18/06/2017
Yeah i am growing out of skylanders i barely bought anything after wave1&2 for this game
---
my fursona is a hot dog
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#6 Posted: 22:43:48 18/06/2017
Same pretty much, moving on to PC gaming and might buy a Switch at the end of the year.
---
bye
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#7 Posted: 06:22:51 25/06/2017
Waves get released slower here in nz and with the extra money I had in between waves I was buying other things. And frankly. I was happy with myself. I haven't played imaginators in about 3 months and it hasn't crossed my mind to make me want to play it. Recently the new wave came oUT and I just can't bring myself to buy it. It's too expensive and there's other things I need. I always thought that since I've been going all out since 2012 for skylanders I should just keep going. But it's just not woring out anymore. With barely any fun multiplayer and no pvp there hasn't been a solid reason to buy new figures. Anyway enough of my emotion bullcrap

It pains me to say it but I hope the series dies. No new games or toys. It's gotten too expensive and I've gotten older and realised more stuff. It's been fun but the train departed a long time ago. I'm not selling anything as it holds value to me. Even if it's no use to me.
Thanks fo reading my ramble.
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#8 Posted: 13:49:27 16/07/2017
This is so cute. I'm proud of you for recognizing what matters more in life. It's time we ll just leave because but Activision has handled the series's poorly. There was such promise with SA then mediocre sequel Giants came but I stuck with it. Thankfully, SF was an amazing entry and Inwould have stopped there had it not been for the Light/Dark elements officially coming out in TT (which was just ok but those traps were ridiculous) but Sc was painful.

I still haven't bought Imaginators. I'm waiting for it to go on sale for peanuts like every other entry and use my previous figures. I'm not getting any of the expansions unless one magically comes with Heartbreaker Buckshot (which is the only Skylander I was excited for).
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#9 Posted: 15:57:11 16/07/2017
Sooo... How many posts will it take until people are actually done? Because I saw several of you say the same things like last year and the one before. No problem if it's genuine reason, but 'oh no Acti did a stupid' for the umpteenth time doesn't work if you're here by the next press release.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#10 Posted: 17:58:28 16/07/2017
I'm going to order the last lot of crystals I need from Amazon in a few days, and then, unless the series ever makes a comeback, I'm done with my collection.

Then, I will still discuss Skylanders if conversation ever arises, but I will be mostly done.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#11 Posted: 19:28:54 16/07/2017
I'll still be here, I mean, Skylanders is kind of growing away from me

If anything, I'll stop after the 7th game, if there even is one
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#12 Posted: 19:41:02 16/07/2017
i will never leave. well, at least until i die
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#13 Posted: 12:03:34 17/07/2017
I love Skylanders and won't ever leave it.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#14 Posted: 13:03:19 17/07/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
i will never leave. well, at least until i die

Here's a quote from one of the 67 pages of legal stuff from SWAP Force:

Quote:
....by acknowledging the existence of Skylanders, the person waivers their right to a death without the knowledge of Skylanders or any properties associated with the franchise. The term 'death' includes the afterlife, whereby persons who opt in for resurrection in any form or spiritual ascension/descent must also forever acknowledge Skylanders and stay by it at all times.

So I'm afraid you'll never leave. smilie

On a serious note, I'd hate to give up on this series and I don't like seeing people say they're done with it. Then again I've only been into it for a short time, and a lot of this content is new to me. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me