Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > With Regards to the Lack of Spyro at E3...
Page 1 of 1
With Regards to the Lack of Spyro at E3...
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#1 Posted: 00:04:23 14/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Click here for my tumblr version.

Btw, shoutout to @blaze_TFD on Twitter! Seems like he needs to be lifted back up after what happened.

[User Posted Image]

So, after the Sony E3 press conference (which, disclaimer, I didn’t watch), many a Spyro fan were abysmally disappointed by, yet again, the lack of a Spyro game at E3. There hasn’t been one that respectfully honors Spyro in over a decade, and for us to be denied a glimpse of the dragon’s true return is…well….I’d say dumb, at the least.

Me, being the one Spyro fan who stands up for who he believes in and who wants to say the most honest thoughts in my rawest form, has to constrain himself, and you guys probably should’ve done the same. Look at the logic of Crash’s reveal: 20th anniversary, and every other year was nothing purposefully. Going by that logic, combined with how Spyro and Crash were, again, put out as brothers from other mothers in the early 2000’s, while I still think how Activision is handling Spyro is disrespectful in the end, I saw it would’ve been more plausible for Spyro for not to have been revealed at this year’s E3 anyway. This isn’t Spyro’s 20th anniversary yet. After all, Spyro originally came out in 1998 - 2 years after Crash.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

I would join those who’d say that the lack of Spyro is unforgiveable, but I have to step out of that group. I will only give the benefit of the doubt this one time, because honestly, while I’m among the Spyro fans who would kill anything remotely related to Skylanders with fire, I have to begrudgingly agree with a certain someone I won’t mention that Activision seems to know what they’re doing with him. Sure, they’re obviously still targeting kids who still wouldn’t know what Spyro is in his true form in more subliminal ways now, but I can see the reason they’ve been doing the 'landers thing is to at least awareness in Spyro as a character. If Spyro were just some friggen toy that I still think and suddenly the majority of parents who’ve bought at least one ‘lander agreed should’ve stayed out of Skylanders in the first place, the series wouldn’t have lasted long enough for Spyro’s name to be restored in memory as a dragon who’s not part of a melodramatic LotR cliché universe. Cringeworthy effort or not, the last time I’ve talked about Spyro in an engaging manner to IRL kids younger than myself, one of them still managed to get one of those toys, but at least knew his name, and it seems that Spyro isn’t forgotten………….??

Trust me, this hypothesis is creeping me out, but we should see Spyro next year. Ted Price was optimistic about what’s been happening to Spyro for a reason, and while we may never know what the real reason was, other than Ted Price saying that they’ve been doing a “good job”, he must have seen something about the dragon’s future that was brighter in the long run. Who knows? Whether you want to trust what will happen is on you.
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2 Posted: 00:09:29 14/06/2017
I still think they're waiting to see if Crash is a success or not to try Spyro out. I think we wouldn't see him later than next E3, or maybe even the next PlayStation Experience this year.
---
Bruh
#3 Posted: 00:12:01 14/06/2017 | Topic Creator
With the way they're handling Crash, although they've been exploitive upon reveal in a similar fashion to how they exploited Spyro, that's pretty much their game to actually have already made the Crash thing a success.......................................................ish
---

Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 00:31:35 14/06/2017
My heart imploded.
There were actually two moments where I skipped a beat (the first when the stage momentarily became purple, the other when I thought Shawn Layde's had a purple pocket handkerchief), but I came to the conclusion it would have probably felt out of place among the other serious, gritty and "mature" games.

All of that being said... Crash was revealed during the year of his 20th birthday, and for Spyro it's 2018.
I sure hope they will announce it at GamesCom or PlayStation Experience, so they can release it next year, but I think we should truly look at Crash's story.
They teased us for a very long period of time (almost since the announcement of the PS4) before letting the cat out of the back, and we have just recently start seeing potential hints around both the real world and Internet.

Not to mention those games would require much more time for them to be fully re-built: N-Sane Trilogy feature side-scrolling areas and very restricted and linear levels, whilst Spyro worlds are completel explorable 3D environments with a fully controllable camera and must look good from every angle.

I am positive about the Classic Trilogy getting remakes, especially since I believe they were requested much more than Crash's, and I honestly think this would be the perfect time to produce them due to how 3D collect-a-ton platformers seem to have returned to their former popularity; I simply think they are not ready yet.
Besides, Crash has already been a success due to the tons of pre-orders and the fans' reaction, pretty sure they have already seen it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:35:11 14/06/2017 by Drek95
#5 Posted: 00:39:34 14/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Look, as much as I hate 'landers, the guys that work on those games rotate and take turns to release a two-or-three-year-cycle game per studio that has at least some form of roamability, right? Come on. You can't tell me that at least one of the studios hasn't become experienced enough to be specialized in making the Spyro trilogy, and that Spyro wouldn't have been at the least started to be worked on last week just to show a legitimate tribute trailer next year. I'm sure they've planned the revival, but slammed more Crash secrets to get away with their Spyro plans more secretly.
---

Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:41:40 14/06/2017 by DS D
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#6 Posted: 00:41:50 14/06/2017
I would only be really disappointed if Spyro doesn't show up for his anniversary. Then my hope will be crushed.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#7 Posted: 01:12:49 14/06/2017
A part of me is still wondering if the N. Sane Trilogy will have a hidden demo for a Spyro remake. Just like Naughty Dog snuck Spyro demos into their Crash games. XP
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:13:02 14/06/2017 by HIR
#8 Posted: 01:23:29 14/06/2017
Quote: HIR
A part of me is still wondering if the N. Sane Trilogy will have a hidden demo for a Spyro remake. Just like Naughty Dog snuck Spyro demos into their Crash games. XP

That's also one of the reasons why they might have not revealed it yet.
Maybe they want fans to try and look for the secret demo, preparing to be disappointed, only to find out the remastered version of it.

I can only imagine the outcome. smilie
Seeing how V.V.'s has put all their heart and dedication to nail even the smallest details of the first three Crash games, I don't think it would be that unlikely.

Plus, to answer you DS D, the other team working on Skylanders is in fact working on a new project.
Could it be it?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:26:33 14/06/2017 by Drek95
#9 Posted: 05:24:16 14/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Considering how much more of a rarity it is to see any sort of non-juggernaut-prone games from the particular parent company announced nowadays......yeah, I think it's a half-plausible bet.
---

#10 Posted: 21:54:01 16/06/2017
Don't want to create false hype but (thanks Blackholes_Wolf for originally posting it in the Crash topic)...

THEY KNOW.
I mean, it was pretty safe to assume they did, but now we know for a fact they they truly know how much Spyro's return is requested.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:01:49 16/06/2017 by Drek95
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#11 Posted: 05:53:49 18/06/2017
sony is not the rights holder for spyro. has not been for years now. sony saying nothing on spyro means nothing. they do not own the franchise they are not involved in a remake if there is one. why does nobody understand this? remake might be in the works but not by sony. no big deal.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#12 Posted: 06:22:21 18/06/2017
Wouldn't the actual owner of the publishing rights be Universal? I think they made a deal with Sony for Crash and Spyro to be exclusive, but I think they are the ones behind the rights. The studio has been bought by Activision, so... I don't know.
---
Bruh
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#13 Posted: 15:54:44 18/06/2017
Quote: Crash10
Wouldn't the actual owner of the publishing rights be Universal? I think they made a deal with Sony for Crash and Spyro to be exclusive, but I think they are the ones behind the rights. The studio has been bought by Activision, so... I don't know.

Nope. Universal distributed the Spyro games (in the States, anyway), meaning that, if Sony wanted to stop publishing and/or Insomniac walked away (the latter of which happened), the rights to the IP would go to Universal. Sess has it right. Sony Interactive Entertainment holds the publishing rights to the Insomniac trilogy. Otherwise, those games would've shown up on XBLA and/or Steam by now.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#14 Posted: 16:20:29 18/06/2017
I don't really get why everyone was expecting him. Crash was revealed on his 20th anniversary, so wouldn't it make sense for Spyro to be revealed on his too - which is next year? I'm actually fully expecting him next E3 at this point.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#15 Posted: 22:50:06 18/06/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
I don't really get why everyone was expecting him. Crash was revealed on his 20th anniversary, so wouldn't it make sense for Spyro to be revealed on his too - which is next year? I'm actually fully expecting him next E3 at this point.

I was hoping they would have announced it now, so they could have actually released it on his 20th birthday.

But at this point I'm fully expecting an announcement at next year's E3 as well.
Still crossing my fingers for a PlayStation Experience surprise.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me