Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 44 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
The legend of Orion (accepting) [CLOSED]
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1476
#2151 Posted: 03:01:58 26/06/2018
Star smirked, which actually looked friendlier than the UN-smile earlier. "Putting it all together is simpler than it looks. You start by" he started reading the instructions, substituting words Angora would understand and handing her the necessary parts to make it easier on her.
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2152 Posted: 03:20:07 26/06/2018
Angora looked rather indifferent listening to Star's instructions, but she did her best to hide it. Star was trying his best to explain things to her as clearly as possible, so she appreciated his attempt. Angora didn't want to get bored, but this task was, unfortunately. Still, she wanted to believe it would all be worthwhile in the end. It was just like humans with diamonds and gold. Nobody likes to dig with those heavy tools, but the reward was worth it at the end of the day. She didn't think it was different in this case. She didn't know for how long they would remain there, but she was going to let the guarding to Raclaw and the human while she learned about the device. If Star finished and she still wasn't sleepy, she was willing to do the next watch.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#2153 Posted: 03:24:09 26/06/2018
As Star finished reading the surprisingly brief instructions, he looked up at Angora and noted without changing expression that she seemed bored. "All right, that part's done. That, however, was the easy part. The hard part is programming it. Coding is... Complicated, so I'll have to do it since I don't have a terminal in your language to teach you on... I'll try to be quick. Then the fun part can begin: Customization!" He sounded legitimately enthusiastic about that part.
---
#2154 Posted: 03:45:19 26/06/2018
Angora was relieved she didn't have to do the hardest part, but she still payed attention just in case she needed the knowledge later. A nervous tic of her was drawing and picking up sand and dirt from the ground whenever she was bored or desperate, though she never notices when she does it. She really wanted to pay attention, cause for some odd reason, this thing that wasn't even alive showed some respect and appreciation, just like Veris.
---
#2155 Posted: 03:50:43 26/06/2018
Star pulled up the screen, activated a keyboard, and set to work. About ten minutes later, the experienced programmer finished. Turning the boring silver device on, it revealed a plain white screen with black text. Star looked at Angora. "All right, let's customize this thing."
OOC: Last post for a while.
---
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2156 Posted: 05:18:47 26/06/2018
With the ward fading, Latnok shook his head in frustration. "Well, so much for that idea. Guess we're doing this the old-fashioned way." Pulling out a thin piece of wire and some hooks, Latnok made his way to the entrance of the cave. There, he slammed the straight end of the hooks into the opposing wall sections, and ran the wire through them, tying it to one of the hooks. "Hmm..."
He was attempting to set up a tripwire warning system, but needed a noisemaker. "Okay... anyone here have any sort of bells or hollow metal or anything that's loud when dragged around?" he asked, to whoever could hear him.
Veris was intrigued by the crystals, staring at one hypnotically as he wagged his tail. Though sunstones were common in the wyvern pens, these were quite unlike what he had seen before.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2157 Posted: 19:00:19 26/06/2018
Quote: darknessdawn
Star pulled up the screen, activated a keyboard, and set to work. About ten minutes later, the experienced programmer finished. Turning the boring silver device on, it revealed a plain white screen with black text. Star looked at Angora. "All right, let's customize this thing."

"Cust...omaise?" Angora replied, never hearing that word before. She guessed it only applied to technological stuff, so she remained quiet and continued listening, knowing she will learn the meaning of the word right now. The device seemed to give words, just like books, but it could also talk, so maybe it can read what it says? Whatever the case, it was all an interesting deal. Technology was almost like magic, but more easy to control and follow.
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#2158 Posted: 20:12:35 26/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade nudged Veris a little. "You ok there?"
---
SC
#2159 Posted: 21:30:19 26/06/2018
Angora briefly looked at the concerned Shade, and felt amused to think how many dragon subspecies were in that group. She felt rather sorry for Veris for being unable to talk. Did wyverns talked at some point? Were they so oppressed that they lost the intelligence of speech? Long before she was born, there were many creatures roaming the world, such as minotaurs, phoenixes, unicorns, hydras and basilisks. All creatures Angora has heard of but has never seen in all her life traveling. Probably extinct, but maybe like wyverns, imprisoned by greedy humans? She had questions...
---
#2160 Posted: 21:38:49 26/06/2018
Veris turned his head to Shade, but kept the rest of his body in place. Flapping his wings, he gave a soft hiss before turning his head back to the stone, as if to try to present it. Ever curious, he began sniffing the stone. As he did this, Sere was once again condensing water in the watering hole he had made - while it was very taxing on him, doing it right before he slept would improve his rest.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2161 Posted: 23:55:35 26/06/2018
Angora glared at Sere, needing answers to so many questions. If he enslaved this poor wyvern, it was only natural for her to suspect he knew about other creature's existences or enslavement, or maybe which ones were truly extinct. Even though she still desired to shift Veris' loyalty to her, she wasn't certain anymore about the decision. She had hoped to restore his freedom, but that could be really damaging to him. First, he probably doesn't know how to survive in the wild, and he could endanger himself if he tries hunting cattle or pets. Or he could try to follow her, and she wouldn't be able to take care of him or his appetite. This was truly a dilemma. Still, the questions would have to come for later, since she was now busy trying to understand Star's marvelous technology...
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#2162 Posted: 00:25:42 27/06/2018
OOC: Accidentally called Raclaw "Sayan" at first. Thanks Auto Correct. smilie

"Sorry-- nothing here." Raclaw said in response to Latnok's request. His collar had a similar feature, but it was currently inaccessible and couldn't be used in such a fashion anyway. It was one of first hurders he had to overcome in life, even just to hunt in his earlier years.

Raclaw watched as Veris became obsessed over one of the crystals and noted how Shade had tried to comfort the Wyvern. Between himself, the various Dragonoids, Darkheart, and Veris-- this party was indeed quite the collection of dragon sub-types. He was just glad that he had gotten out of that life and knew that Veris had known nothing more. Such a life was a comfortable existence, so long as you knew nothing more and didn't know that you were capable of more. He was lucky enough to get out and be to able to survive on his own. The same couldn't be said for Veris, however.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:32:11 27/06/2018 by redwes
#2163 Posted: 00:28:26 27/06/2018 | Topic Creator
"Remember what Orion said. Careful around those Crystals." Shade said.
---
SC
#2164 Posted: 01:42:21 27/06/2018
"Well... I think I can manage," Latnok said. After a quick look around, he noted some lose gravel on the ground in one spot. Focusing power, he launched a force bolt at the area... then another... then another. "You know, all this junk I have, and it's a shovel that I forgot to bring..." After great effort, he went up to the area and began hitting it with force strikes, eventually breaking up some of the ground into a few stones and many pebbles. Going back for the end of the tripwire, he wrapped it around one of the stones, and shifted it to the bottom of the pit. "That should wake us up if anything trips that."

"Veris, your water is ready," Sere called out. Veris immediately dropped focus on the glowing stones, running up to the water pit and chugging the water within. "So, who will take the first watch with Raclaw?" Sere asked, exhaustion evident in his voice. "The first and last watches tend to be the easier ones, so preferably the one among us who is the least tolerant of interrupted sleep."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2165 Posted: 02:43:07 27/06/2018
"I believe that Orion already said yes, unless another wants to take his place.," Raclaw said looking at the others. He had his doubts about Orion, but trusted in his own senses. If anything were to try something again-- there was a chance that he might see it before it even managed to trip the wire. Or to be more precise, he might be able to sense it's thoughts as it approached.
---
#2166 Posted: 02:52:34 27/06/2018
"Very well, then," Sere said. "Latnok and I can take the second or third watch. That leaves four more for the watch."
"Are we getting any volunteers?" Latnok asked, as both he and Sere began to remove their armor, starting from the helmets and moving down. "Because I'd hate to have to force someone to relieve us when they just want to sleep." He distinctly remembered having Angora take over the watch for him last time - although she was just a child, so perhaps the others would be more manageable.
---
I'm just... a guy...
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#2167 Posted: 13:23:46 27/06/2018
" I take one. Just wake me up then. I dont really care which one" Dex said not even looking others and
keeping his look outside the cave
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2168 Posted: 19:30:56 27/06/2018
"That just leaves one more.," Raclaw said looking at the others. With him/Orion taking the first watch and the Guardians taking the second-- that just left Star, Angora, or Darkheart to help cover the last watch of the night. There was Verris as well, but the wyvern was still very much dependent on the humans unlike himself.

OOC: *Imagines a Pokédex style description of Raclaw* smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:04:55 28/06/2018 by redwes
#2169 Posted: 22:13:52 27/06/2018
The troll stood there with Star, tireless but bored. She had spend quite a while paying attention and listening to explanations, but now she wanted some real action.
"So then... when it'll be ready to explain about creatures?" Angora asked, that being the most interesting feature. It talked about Star's species and another random one, and she couldn't wait to put that feature to the test. She wanted to know about everyone in the group, most especially wyverns.

OOC: If we get to descriptions, we should either let SC do them or the users controlling the character species.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:17:02 28/06/2018 by Felines
#2170 Posted: 00:29:59 02/07/2018
"We're better off having four watches," Latnok said. "Much less likely that someone will be caught unaware due to sleep deprivation or boredom."
"I do agree," Sere said. "We need-" At that moment, he stopped, interrupted by a telepathic communication, drastically weakened by distance but still perceptible via the Godfather's sibtle bond with his Guardians.
"Godfather, this is Adjudicator Vellune, currently on duty for the night, with something to report. The Tree of Vitality seems to be progressing quite oddly."
The look on Sere's now-visible face was one of slight concern. "What could be the issue? Has it slowed down or stopped?"
"Negative," Vellune responded. "Quite the opposite - it seems to be somewhat accelerated. Which should be good - but it would seem that most of the roots are growing towards a particular direction, almost as if something is calling them.
Sere's expression changed into one of complete bewilderment. Under the circumstances, his mind immediately jumped to one thing. Could this have anything to do with the corruption from earlier? Was there still some subtle influence? Or was it something else? "Keep track of it, and keep me in the know. Attend to the tree like you normally would, otherwise. This could obviously be quite significant, but we still have to get the tree up as soon as possible, considering how many of our operations are facilitated by it, not to mention our contingency plan."
"I will do that, and pass the word on to the next Adjudicator on duty," Vellune replied. "I wish you the best of luck."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:58:09 03/07/2018 by A Guy
#2171 Posted: 22:59:47 03/07/2018
Raclaw was about to add to Latnok's statement, when Sere had received the long distance telecommunication. As his senses were opened up and he was he keeping an "eye" out for any incoming dangers-- he had indistinctly picked up on part of the telepathic communication, although he never purposely spied on someone's inner thoughts. "The tree... something's wrong, isn't it?," he then asked recognizing the stray thought and identifying with Sere's look of concern. Even without picking up the stray thought, it was obvious that the Godfather had received an important telecommunication and that all was not well at the Guardian home base. And if it had anything to do the corruption, then it might possibly affect their mission as well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:21:19 04/07/2018 by redwes
#2172 Posted: 00:02:40 04/07/2018
OOC: Might do a small write-up later about the general abilities that every single Ascendant is trained to use. You have seen some already, like force bolt and deflections. I'll go more in detail on those and how exactly they work.

Sere was not too concerned with how Raclaw heard the message; at the moment, there were more important things. "We're not quite sure," he said. "The tree's growth has accelerated, but the roots seem to be going in one direction, as if guided. Perhaps I should give you a bit of an explanation." Sere prepared his hands to cast illusions to illustrate his point as he went along.

"The Tree of Vitality is somewhat unique - it doesn't just draw normal nutrients with its roots, it draws magic as well, hence why the soil was originally fertilized by phoenix ashes. Raw, unfocused magic. Within the tree, it is catalyzed into a form that the tree can use - this is a highly efficient process, to the point where just a little raw magic turns into a lot of focused magic. The tree uses this energy to grow and regenerate. The residual effects of this can influence living things near it as well - this power actually gets shed everywhere near the tree, including the roots, effectively allowing them a two-way power transfer.
"With this, we are able to facilitate our operations underground - the food from the tree grows quickly and is highly nourishing, meaning that meat is the only thing we must import, more for taste than nourishment. The healing means that we can both recover back at the stronghold and train more intensely - we have arena tournaments frequently, and the injured can be healed back at the tree. And the power allows us to run many of the artifacts we have without having to commit nearly as much manpower to them as we would normally.
"The roots growing one way could potentially mean that there is a source of raw magic they're trying to search out. Or it could mean that... something... is summoning them. But to what end? Whatever it is, something which finds the tree could potentially draw on its power. That is my main concern. But we will try to track on it."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2173 Posted: 13:03:29 04/07/2018
Star struggled a bit with the device. Or, rather, choosing colors. He was terrible at color adjustment. First it was a neon green with pink... "Arceus... NOPE. Uh, lessee, maybe these'll go together?" He ended up with bumblebee stripes, somehow. "Angora, mind telling me what colors you want? Once we've got a color scheme, I can finish it up for you and we can download the data... I already took the liberty of moving Digi onto it..." He almost sounded depressed, and his flattened ears and sad expression gave an image of a sad puppy. "He... Doesn't seem to like me, at all." The irony dug into him. Then it hit him. This Digi was programmed with the same personality, likes, and dislikes. He'd changed so much his own father wouldn't recognize him, so of course this Digi had no bond with him!
---
#2174 Posted: 12:34:51 05/07/2018
OOC: When it comes to Dex descriptions, I think Latnok and Sere should be noted in a similar way to Alolan variants. Anyway, I'll make a post later today.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2175 Posted: 01:01:56 06/07/2018
"Between the distance from base, the uncertainty of my location, and the very nature of this environment, we will lose all communication with the base soon," Sere said. "Vellune would have had to move heaven and earth just to contact me now, as it stands."
"Then it can't be our concern right now," Latnok said. "As much as I absolutely hate to say it... we will have to cross that bridge when we come to it." Meanwhile, he had caught Star fiddling with his device. He didn't know too much about it - from what he had overheard, it gathered data on creatures. "So Star, is that thing a giant compendium of information? Because if you're looking for information on the many different creatures we have in this world, we essentially have a museum full of them and information on them." The chamber down the fork that they had passed before, which gave off the smell of formaldehyde, housed many preserved creatures along with detailed information about their habitat, behavior, and weaknesses, for study by Guardians.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2176 Posted: 02:07:10 06/07/2018
OCC: Just saw Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom-- good movie. smilie

Raclaw listened to the explanation and nodded in agreement, having a good understanding of how such two-way connections worked. After all, he shared such a bond with his collar-- so much so that the lack of its magic presence left him open and vulnerable. He knew that something was drawing towards him in addition to Shade's own corruption; and that it had only started happening once they had stepped past the threshold and his open connection had revealed itself. Part of him wondered if his situation and the situation concerning the tree had any correlation. If this new darkness or corruption was drawing towards him, could it be drawing the tree as well? Or Vice versa?

He also looked at Sere, wanting to know something before their connection to the Guardian home base cut off for good. 'Were.. were there are more updates concerning my past? About my parents?,' he then asked directly telepathically communicating with the Godfather once again. He knew they had now made the matter mostly public, but he didn't want to distract from the current conversation. he also knew that the Guardians would be unlikely to attempt such an long-distance communication again, but figured it would be worth a try. He was putting his trust in Sere and those under his command-- and trusted that they were doing all they could to help aide in the matter.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 02:15:47 06/07/2018 by redwes
#2177 Posted: 02:17:15 06/07/2018
"The latest word I have on the matter is of an elder fur dragon wounded in battle," Sere said. "Fell into water. Records indicate that we attempted to track down the dragon, but our last indication of her presence was footprints on an island. Last note we have is that her mate left in search of her. I'm sorry that we do not have any more information at the moment."
Latnok was able to overhear the conversation via his mental link. "Well, fur dragons are probably one of the least common variants of dragon," he said. "That should narrow it down some, right?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2178 Posted: 02:26:29 06/07/2018
'Latnok is right-- in my limited travels, I have yet to see another of my kind. Dragons yes, the occasional gryphon yes, but never another true fur dragon like myself.,' Raclaw then responded wondering why his kind was so rare in the world. 'I.. I appreciate you trying. So thank-you.,' he then humbly added.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:27:13 06/07/2018 by redwes
#2179 Posted: 14:59:56 06/07/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade could hear every word of the conversation. "I'm the last of my kind. The rest of my kind was hunted to extinction because of our power."
---
SC
#2180 Posted: 12:41:04 07/07/2018
"I'm sorry about what happened to your kind Shade. I know that my own troubles may seem pretty in comparison and I'm sorry that you constantly have to hear about them.," Raclaw said out loud to Shade. He at least had a chance of finding what he was after. Shade, on the hand, had no chance and would never be able to regain what he had lost. And thanks to the mental links and his own 'acting as a mental conduit' thing-- Shade heard every word.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:51:01 07/07/2018 by redwes
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#2181 Posted: 13:18:36 07/07/2018
Dex was annoyed by the atmosphere, but did not say anything. He just gave a quick look at the others and then turned back to watch outside.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2182 Posted: 16:58:06 07/07/2018
Quote: darknessdawn
Star struggled a bit with the device. Or, rather, choosing colors. He was terrible at color adjustment. First it was a neon green with pink... "Arceus... NOPE. Uh, lessee, maybe these'll go together?" He ended up with bumblebee stripes, somehow. "Angora, mind telling me what colors you want? Once we've got a color scheme, I can finish it up for you and we can download the data... I already took the liberty of moving Digi onto it..." He almost sounded depressed, and his flattened ears and sad expression gave an image of a sad puppy. "He... Doesn't seem to like me, at all." The irony dug into him. Then it hit him. This Digi was programmed with the same personality, likes, and dislikes. He'd changed so much his own father wouldn't recognize him, so of course this Digi had no bond with him!

Angora took no notice of his depression, or Sere's sudden concern, and only concentrated on answering.
"Should it matter? Any color will do!" she answered indifferently, just wanting the device to work so she could learn everything about the group and maybe the treacherous terrain they were on. Even though she was paying little attention to what was going on among the group, Shade's comment didn't go unnoticed. She bitterly imagined that humans were most of their hunters, cause what other creature was so greedy? Perhaps dragons, but she now believed humans were a worse case.
---
#2183 Posted: 21:47:25 07/07/2018
"Are you sure you are the last one?" Latnok asked Shade. "It's highly possible that others are scattered in places which are very difficult for most people to reach, or are captured. We ourselves have various rare creatures captured and held within our various chambers, mostly for training purposes." It was something Latnok had quite a bit of knowledge about - the management of various aspects of training was his secondary duty, and capturing other creatures was an integral part of that. "We don't have anything quite like you, though, but perhaps someone else might.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2184 Posted: 22:48:54 07/07/2018
Angora couldn't hear some of his telepathy, but she could still listen enough. She had been talked through telepathy so many times that she became somewhat able to hear it herself, although very faintly. She didn't want to say anything to avoid another ignorant argument, though she didn't bother being subtle about her annoyance. She felt so sorry for Shade. He did antagonized her and tried to kill her many times, but he wasn't himself back then. Latnok and Sere on the other hand, were fully aware of their actions, and felt proud about them. They enslaved many wonderful creatures for the sake of their own, selfish gains, and killed those they deemed useless or too rebellious to control. She firmly believed that as soon as she completed her mission, both Latnok and Sere will try to kill her, for she no longer be useful to them or the world...
---
#2185 Posted: 04:45:05 08/07/2018 | Topic Creator
"I looked all over the world for another and I haven't found one." Shade looked down and sad.
---
SC
#2186 Posted: 05:20:12 08/07/2018
The little troll really wanted to say something, but she vowed for silence. She still glared at the two humans, having a feeling that they knew about Shade's kind. Was he the last one or not? They likely knew. Despite their amiosity in the past, Angora grew rather fond of Shade, and felt much pity for him. She stopped paying attention to Star under all her inner thoughts, wondering if she could do something to make him feel better, but she was lousy at consoling and didn't want to make things worse.
---
#2187 Posted: 12:14:09 08/07/2018
Latnok didn't need the mental connection to realize how Shade was feeling, though it certainly did help. "That could just mean they have really good hiding spots, one where most others would never find them," he said. "Or it could mean that they've been captured by some group or nation or something like that, where it would be very difficult for you to get to them." In all honesty, the chances of that were pretty slim - it was important to keep Shade's morale up, though. "I think they might be more crafty than you give them credit for. Who knows, maybe they're connected to this whole Darkmatter guy somehow."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2188 Posted: 13:51:25 08/07/2018
Angora couldn't stand any more hypocrisy and false consolation, so to drift her attention away from the unbearable human, she started to focus once more on what Star was doing.
"Is it finished?" she asked with almost gritted teeth, too annoyed at the scene before her. If Digi had information about creatures, perhaps it knew about others like Shade...
---
#2189 Posted: 13:41:57 09/07/2018
Raclaw briefly pondered on how to consol someone who was quite possibly the last sole surviving member of their own kind. "Shade... I can't promise you that we'll find another dragolet, but I can tell you this. When I was first found, I had ended up somewhere far beyond the reach of any Guardian or dragon. No-one knew to look for me or even knew to look for me and yet-- here I am. I had to pursue my own fate and if it wasn't for the party stumbling across Latnok; I would've never known as much as I do now and the Guardians would've never known about me. I still don't know yet if I'll find what I'm after, but I have hope. I had managed to claw myself out of a situation that would've kept me separated from both the world and discovering the truth. It is possible that there is a dragolet somewhere out there who may be in a similar position and who may one day reveal themselves to the world-- and to you. You.. you just have to have hope.," he then said choosing his words carefully. His quest was much more likely to lead to a happy ending, but the possibility for Shade was there as well... However slim it may be.
---
#2190 Posted: 14:24:55 09/07/2018
Although Angora's eyes were focusing on Star's device, her ears were in the conversation. She didn't let it be noticeable, but she was quite glad and relieved that somebody other than the humans were trying to console Shade. In all her nomadic life, she hasn't seen a fur dragon either, so it was probable that Raclaw was in a similar situation. How interesting it has been that she met many creatures in this particular journey that she has never seen before, or at least only heard of them. She couldn't wait for Digi to be finished so that she could learn more and more about them.
---
#2191 Posted: 15:14:51 09/07/2018
"Yes, I'm sure there are... somewhere to be found," Sere said, hesitation in his voice. "What I do know is that we tr-" Sere abruptly stopped himself, obviously not wanting to say any more. "Nevermind. The main point is that it may be worth looking into."
At that point, he began receiving another faint message, and he closed his eyes to focus on it. Godfather, Adjudicator Vellune speaking. We have discovered some more information that may or may not be relevant to the fur dragon.

Veris was pacing back and forth, evidently having difficulty sleeping, still anxious from the sounds to be heard outside. He didn't seem fearful, though - rather, the bared fangs displayed his eagerness for another kill.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2192 Posted: 15:45:20 09/07/2018
Even though Angora had been doing her best to remain silent about the matter, she reached her breaking point at this moment. Remaining quiet was going to drive her crazy, and since Sere sounded like he was obviously hiding something, she needed to have her say on the matter.
"What do you know you say? Come on, did you think that would go unnoticed? Tr... tricked? Trounced? Maybe... trapped?" Angora said in a mocking tone, having heard when Sere stopped mid sentence. In other times, she would've noticed Veris' uneasiness and would've tried to calm him down, but Sere's pitiful attempt at consolation had her angry.
---
#2193 Posted: 16:39:22 09/07/2018
"How about it's none of anyone's damned business? Especially yours," Latnok said to Angora venomously, as Sere remained focused on the telepathic message for what seemed like a long time. Finally, Sere spoke.
"Now, now, what kind of a leader would I be if I just divulged all of our inner workings?" he asked Angora rhetorically, almost playfully. "Some information I keep only between my top Adjudicators and myself. Not even Latnok would be privy to it." Latnok had no reaction - he knew his place in the Ardent Guardians. "At the very most, I would consider speaking with our very closest friends. Nothing less."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2194 Posted: 16:57:02 09/07/2018
Angora didn't get angry at Latnok and Sere's comments. It was too ridiculously predicable the way they were going to react, especially Latnok. Nothing about them surprised her anymore.
"True that... it's none of my business. But how ruthless and pathetic you can be? Can't you see Shade? They know something about your kind, but they don't want to let you know. Sere almost slipped his tongue, didn't you hear? Don't be so naive." Angora said to the dragolet, before turning to Latnok and Sere again.
"All this false consolation... it makes me sick!" Angora said with frowned eyebrows, really frustrating how they pitifully tried to make Shade feel better when they do terrible things to creatures like him in a daily basis. She took one look at the restless Veris to prove her point.
---
#2195 Posted: 17:42:51 09/07/2018
Sere shopk his head. "I think you sometimes overestimate just how much we know," he said. "After all, we are not the largest organization..."
Meanwhile, he began to relay the information he received to Raclaw telepathically. "Based on tracking data, we would assume that the last place the fur dragon would have ended up would be on an archipelago known as the Falcon's Beak," he said, using mental images to show a picture of the islands on a map. "Though weather on most of the islands is reasonable, if somewhat rainy, the weather between them and the nearest land mass is tumultuous. The sea is plagued with maelstroms, thunderstorms, and strong winds. Flying to the island would not be feasible, and getting there by boat is dangerous - we rarely go there due to the cost of chartering ships there. Most who end up there are survivors of shipwrecks, or otherwise floated there somehow. Any such trip would most certainly be one-way if you didn't have a plan on how to leave."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2196 Posted: 18:15:14 09/07/2018
"Sure. Right." Angora replied bluntly, evidently sarcastic. Sere looked too distracted with something else, and hating to be ignored, she focused her attention to the more alert Latnok.
"Let Raclaw console. At least he's not being fake." she then said, wanting Shade to receive some genuine consolation, not blatant lies coming from those two murderous enslavers. She was about to say something much more cruel, but desisted. Whatever harsh life Sere and Latnok had, she was certain they did something to deserve it back then.
---
#2197 Posted: 19:03:20 09/07/2018
"Fake? You dare accuse me of being fake?" Latnok replied, with feigned outrage. "Everything I said was true. Do you really think I would know where the rest of his kind are?" he equivocated. "Of course not. Don't be ridiculous, making a mountain out of a molehill again." Sere was right - to an extent. He didn't know everything involved in the higher levels; however, with the information he was privy to, he was often able to make highly accurate guesses. "If I was able to promise that we would be able to show him a female of his kind, this would be so much easier," he saif sarcastically. Perhaps he should stop talking - being kind to anyone but his trainees was by far not his strong suit.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2198 Posted: 19:19:20 09/07/2018
"A female? Why, what a way to change the subject. I was talking about genuine consolation, and listen to what you say! Why? So they can make other dragolets so you can exploit them to your heart's content?" Angora accused, looking at Veris again, and then at Raclaw as well, remembering he was also a victim of the mass enslavements humans like those two had.
---
#2199 Posted: 20:08:02 09/07/2018
"Let's be real. You've seen how difficult Shade is to control," Latnok said. "Not even worth the manpower and resources. Powerful, sapient beings are probably the worst thing you could try to pull that on. Not suitable for working, and much too damgerous to throw them in our training grounds. At least think of this from a pure practicality standpoint," he continued, apparently completely emotionally detached.
"Take wyverns, for instance," he said. "Powerful, but not so powerful that they could overcome one of our trained riders in a moment of mutiny. Simple wishes - mostly food and exercise. They have a much easier time with us, or nations who use them, because they don't need much to be satisfied, and they can get their food risk-free. In return, they help us out. Mutually beneficial.
"A sapient creature? That all goes out the window. Much more demanding. Much more intelligent. Much more dangerous. And in return, you don't get nearly as much, if it doesn't backfire completely."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2200 Posted: 20:29:43 09/07/2018
Angora lowered her head, pondering everything Latnok was saying, when she came to a conclusion.
"So that's how it is now, isn't it? Sapient creatures... that have a mind of their own, they're not useful to you, so you kill them to avoid competition and to steal their abilities while enslaving those whose will is too weak to have a saying of their own." Angora expressed, looking at his armor carved from deceased dragons, and now even more disgusted with the humans than before. It was no wonder Veris acted like a simple beast who did nothing but obey commands. Was she suppose to save the world just so that humans like him could continue exploiting it?

"You think you're so noble, but I've seen how it is. You do everything in the name of humanity... and to hell with the other creatures you share the world with, isn't that so? They're just either plagues or beasts to control for your own, selfish sakes. You're just in this journey to make sure the world is saved so you can have your miserable lives saved and continue ransacking it!" Angora said accusingly, having tried a few times to see the good in the humans, but failing to see a genuinely good spirit in any of them. She firmly believed that the only reason why they both haven't tried to kill her, or at least have been less insistent about it, was because they needed her to fight this Darkmatter.
---
First | Previous | Page 44 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me