Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 27 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 48 49 50
The legend of Orion (accepting) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1301 Posted: 03:53:43 15/05/2018
Angora grumbled at the words, knowing that she would have to step forward eventually and fulfill the talk she was forced to take. Why did Orion insisted so much it had to be her? Was it because of that armor? The lantern? Now she was regretting ever meeting him and believed she shouldn't have rescued him from Shade, then again, if she hadn't done that, the world would be no more. But why her? If the billions and trillions of creatures on the planet, why did it had to be her? The only reason she was going through with it was to rub it in Lanok's face how trolls were better than humans, and that their lives had value. She was still disdained on how despicably Latnok admitted to killing her kind and accused them of being nothing but bloodthirsty monsters.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#1302 Posted: 21:23:15 15/05/2018
"This mission of heroes is starting to make me crazy." Dex thought. He did not know Why he was still with the group, and still he did not feel like doing anything. After all he had done a mistake which should have end his life, but here he was with the group that he was trying to fight against.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1303 Posted: 01:38:51 16/05/2018
After one bend in the cave, natural light finally broke through, revealing the outside world thick in vegetation. The sky was orange with the setting sun.
Upon stepping foot outside of the caves, Latnok immediately turned to pressing matters. "There is enough light to make some progress, but first watch will soon be coming. We will need to organize the watch," Latnok said. "We should be well-rested for the continuation of the mission tomorrow, so depending on the cycle, we might have to extend things a bit into the morning."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8617
#1304 Posted: 20:17:34 16/05/2018 | Topic Creator
"Over there looks like a safe place to set up camp." Icestorm said.
---
SC
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8593
#1305 Posted: 11:24:35 18/05/2018
"Agreed-- I'll take the first watch. And we should probably hunt in the morning. I'm sure most here haven't eaten a thing since we started this grand adventure." Raclaw said peering out onto the vegation. He felt partly responsible for the others and wanted some time to think to himself anyway. He had a lot of unresolved feelings... Now more than ever. And perhaps the guardians would eventually know more. 'Perhaps.' he thought.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#1306 Posted: 16:09:25 18/05/2018
A low grumble from Angora's stomach confirmed what Raclaw just commented. The last time she ate was long before starting that journey, but she hadn't noticed her hunger having been too busy arguing and being annoyed at Latnok and company. She was craving fish so badly. Even though her kind mostly ate red meat, she had learned to accept the taste of fish due to failing in her hunting many times, once again courtesy of her small size. The only advantage was that she didn't needed the large calories the rest of her kind needed.
---
#1307 Posted: 19:56:30 18/05/2018
Latnok nodded, acknowledging Raclaw's suggestion. "You can leave the hunting to me - I know the area, and all of the creatures here." Eating heartily was something he himself was always sure to do - more food meant more strength and energy to perform his duties. "I'll take the second watch..."
Latnok trailed off as he observed a flock of birds flying up ahead. "I hope you guys are up for a snack right now. He himself was somewhat hungry, and saw the perfect opportunity to remedy that problem. Rapidly grabbing his bow, he activated his combat prescience, tracking the flight of the flock and the effects of adjusting his aim. One after another, he charged arrows and let them loose, all of them hitting their mark, and pulled the arrows back to him, bird corpses in tow. What was left of the flock scattered in every direction.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1308 Posted: 23:52:52 18/05/2018
Despite her hunger, Angora's pride and arrogance got the best of her when Latnok announced that he would be the one doing hunting.
"You're mad if you think I'm going to accept food from you! How do we know you're not going to slip a poison when you give those birds to us?" Angora accused, returning to the same gruff voice she used in the cave, one she had used exclusively for Latnok. There she went again, voicing once again her tremendous dislike for him. She would rather starve than to let Latnok provide the food.
---
#1309 Posted: 00:10:37 19/05/2018
"Eat my food or find your own - it is not my concern, except that you are strong enough to finish the mission." Latnok said, completely unfazed. "If I wanted to kill you, I would have done so back when we were still in the cave, where I had countless tools to do so - or I could do so now if your back is turned for just a moment. Please, use just a bit of logic." Latnok was not fully aware of the implications of his statement, only seeing things from a logical, goal-oriented standpoint. "If you doubt me so much, watch me." Reaching out, Latnok brought one of the arrows to his hand, bird in tow. Grabbing the arrow like any old kebab, he took a solid bite out of the raw bird meat, feathers and all - spitting out the feathers after chewing for a bit.

"Hmm... I still seem to be fine."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1310 Posted: 01:05:40 19/05/2018
Angora was quite surprised to see Latnok made such a bold move. Humans were known to cook their food first to give it a better taste, but also to kill germs. It really made her admire his courage for just a second, but of course, there was no way she was going to let him know that.
"Sure, and you'll expect something in return for this nobility, right? You said so yourself. You're a mercenary. You kill and expect payment in return. Do you expect me to believe you're going to give us this food for free?" Angora asked challengingly, firmly believing that sooner or later, Latnok would demand some form of payment for his services, especially from her.
---
#1311 Posted: 01:40:30 19/05/2018
Latnok was expecting a little more of a reaction to his eating of the bird meat - highly atypical for humans, it was one of the many changes which occurred as a result of the Ascension, one of the many dragon-like traits that made him and the others ever so slightly different from humans. "Correction - I was a mercenary." Latnok pointed to one of his rank markings, on his left forearm. "While I bear this rank, my only concern is with the mission at hand - any matter of my own compensation is handled by the organization and those responsible for such payment." Hmm, this meat isn't too bad... Of course, while he did prefer cooked food, and did so when he had the opportunity, most raw meats were perfectly edible to him. Taking another bite out of the bird, he was preparing to continue speaking telepathically, but stopped, considering Angora's adversity to such communication, and resorted to speaking with his mouth full. "Besides, you guys don't have the money many of my former clientele did - why would I waste my time with you if I wanted anything valuable from you?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1312 Posted: 02:06:55 19/05/2018
Before Angora replied, she felt disgusted with him talking with his mouth full. This was one of the very few occasions where she would've accepted telepathy, but thankfully, she didn't waste time to argue over such a petty matter, instead focusing on what really annoyed her.
"Stop that, alright, just stop that! You're always talking about your armor, your rank, and what does everything means, or how mighty your mentors and actions were! You have an overly inflated ego, you know that?" Angora accused, sick and tired of Latnok's tales and his apparent illusions of grandeur and heroics. Even after assuring her he wouldn't ask payment, the little troll didn't believd him, and thought he was just lying to make her eat so she would have to owe him later on.
---
#1313 Posted: 15:10:11 19/05/2018
Latnok, tired of fumbling around with his mouth guard to eat, undid the cinches and straps keeping it attached to his armor and his head. Lifting it up, he revealed several distinct features - a shaved head and face; darker skin; two very distinct burn marks around his eyes; and many scars - truly the appearance of one who has had many close encounters with death.
"I understand, child - it is only natural to fear what we do not understand'" he said, still with bloody bird meat in his mouth. "In time, though, now that you are leaving your isolation, you will get a better understanding of things." There are still others that need to eat... With Shade in mind, he telepathed to him "Do you prefer your meat raw, or cooked?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1314 Posted: 15:40:35 19/05/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade still stayed close to Raclaw and looked at Latnok. "Just give me a raw one. I'll cook it myself." He said still not trusting Latnok himself.

"Young Angora this human accepted us and is offering us a meal. I'd suggest you calm yourself and get your strength back. Being with Shade when he was corrupted must of been an ordeal. I know it was." Orion said.
---
SC
#1315 Posted: 03:00:33 20/05/2018
Angora felt undignified when Orion practically suggested that her foul mood was the result of being corrupted by Shade back then. If there was one thing trolls hated, was somebody to even suggest they were weak in will. Angora felt truly ashamed for allying with Shade that time and for almost selling the world to him, but it wasn't only to survive, it was to find a weak point.
"Don't you dare bring that up again!" Angora threatened, not caring if she was addressing to a mighty deity. Having the feeling that Orion wasn't going to leave her alone if she didn't accept his offer, in less than a blink of an eye, Angora forcefully removed the remains of the bird from Latnok's hand, swallowing it.
"There now, and don't expect any payment for it. And if the slight chance you managed to slip a poison while Orion was distracting me, I'll eat your arm before I die." the troll said childishly, still insisting in the belief that Latnok would stood that low. Despite having been with him all this time and having seen him prove he did no such thing, she still believed he could manage such a thing in so little time.
---
#1316 Posted: 10:16:30 20/05/2018
Latnoo was taken completely off-guard by the troll's boldness immediately following her reluctance. "Hey, I wasn't done with that..." he said noncommittally. "Well, then." Grabbing another arrow, he pulled the dead meat off of it and tossed it to Shade. Turning back to Angora, he said "If I poisoned it, then I'll let you eat my arm off." Still paranoid, I see... But at least she's not being completely unreasonable.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1317 Posted: 12:47:42 20/05/2018
After a few seconds, Angora grabbed her throat and started chocking. Her already green skin turned into another shade of it. It nearly looked like she was about to foam from the mouth. With malice, she eyed Latnok's left arm, and it looked like she was about to pull it off in vengeance...

But as she was about to do that, she started snickering.
"Had you worried for a moment there, didn't you?" she said to Latnok, returning to her original color and being upright again. Turns out she was just pulling a prank of him. She was actually being playful. One would've though she would pretend to be poisoned to make Latnok keep his promise and finally have a chance to hurt him, but it turns out that wasn't the case. Although trolls eating humans wasn't unheard of, it simply wasn't Angora's style. She wasn't one to eat sapient species, or at least being she could communicate with. She's never killed a human because she never had trouble with one and rarely saw them anyway, but she was certain she would have only in self defense if she didn't have a choice. All Latnok has done is being extremely annoying and egocentric, which is why she wanted to give him a little scare.
---
#1318 Posted: 16:14:08 20/05/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade took the meat and tryed to use his fire breath but couldn't. All that came out was a spark. He tryed again and another spark came out. "What's the deal? I can't even use my fire breath?"
---
SC
#1319 Posted: 20:11:37 20/05/2018
"Try a lemon." Was Angora's only reply. She was still too amused making fun of Latnok to care for Shade's predicament. She has heard of other methods, but she didn't care to explain them.
---
#1320 Posted: 20:24:27 20/05/2018
For some reason, Latnok was not nearly as amused as Angora seemed to be about the feigned poisoning. "And here I thought you might have to figure out how to chew through a dragonhide armguard," he said in a completely deadpan voice. "Or do I need to warn that feathers present choking hazards to children?" Addressing Shade, he answered "The collar will prevent you from using any sort of breath attack unless I pull back some of the restraints on it. Working as intended." He didn't seem intent on elaborating any further or offering any resolution.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1321 Posted: 20:45:26 20/05/2018
Angora didn't seemed surprised by Latnok's reaction. She should've known he had no sense of humor whatsoever. She knew that with that second sentence, he was trying to annoy her, but he wasn't going to let him spoil her good mood. It has been a while since she felt content, and nothing was going to ruin it.
"Trolls can eat more things than you know. Heh, and I should've known you won't be honorable enough to keep such a promise. Of course you had arm protection. What a shame it must be knowing that human skin is so ridiculously easy to penetrate." Angora commented, trying to make him as annoyed as he tried to make her. She looked at Shade and truly felt sorry for him being restrained like that. She and her companions weren't companions. They were prisoners of this despicable human wanting to have things his way!
---
#1322 Posted: 22:28:13 20/05/2018
That's a really nice try, Latnok thought, in regards to Angora's comment. "Human skin being thin and malleable is valuable to us. It enables us to live in warmer climates, and gives us the dexterity to use some tools and weapons that certain other thicker-skinned creatures cannot," he said matter-of-factly. "I have yet to see a troll who can even approach the speed and lethality of the best human archers and javelineers - most have power, but no accuracy over longer distances.
"Besides," he continued, with a slight change in tone, "it simplifies fighting other humans for me. Just have to worry about their armor. Arrows and axes do well against most armor, and there's magic for the rest." He was most curious as to how Angora would respond to his last point. If she intended to annoy him, he was pretty sure he could do it better. A game where I annoy the troll... perhaps I could call it... trolling.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1323 Posted: 22:39:37 20/05/2018
Angora pretended not to be annoyed. By doing that prank earlier, she had intended to lighten the amiosity between them, but she now knew it was Latnok the one who didn't want peace. If this was the way he wanted to play, then so be it.
"Good thing you humans have speed. So you can run away like cowards when you don't have secondhand items like armor and magic to defend yourselves. And frankly, you're the last person that should be talking about troll anatomy. We can whitest and both cold and heat, but a creature killer such as yourself should know it. I'm beginning to think you human kill our kind and others out of jealousy." Angora said in a very calm and serene tone of voice, still wanting Latnok to know how low she thought of him and how disgraced she still felt in the need to travel with him.
---
#1324 Posted: 23:05:36 20/05/2018
"I hope you're not nearly as concerned about your 'honor' when we get into a real fight," Latnok answered immediately, an abrupt change of tone with a hint of concern. "Only a fool willingly puts his life on the line willingly on a fair fight, and the last thing we need is you being killed by your own conscience." He turned away and slowly took a few steps away, only to continue speaking to Angora with his back turned. "The only people who think any sort of 'honor' in anything involving combat is worth it are those who have never had to fight regularly, the naive. I was like that once. I thought it wise to spare a creature once, one that seemed to have given up, that seemed to weak to fight..."
Latnok's voice trailed off. The very thought of what had happened pained him deep inside, and still haunted him - he dare not show it, though. He didn't have the luxury of the helmet to cover his face this time. He needed a moment to regain his composure.
After a very brief respite, he turned back, his tone much sharper. "We are here to finish the mission, do you understand? We will fight to finish the mission, and we will fight to live. We will not take any chances. Don't you worry, though - you can keep your conscience, if that's what Neo needs. If you don't have the gall to make the hard choices, to drop the axe, then I will do it for you. We will ALL be getting home - no one is getting killed by anyone's hesitance. Not on my watch."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1325 Posted: 23:34:18 20/05/2018
Angora scoffed at Latnok's comment. He practically admitted that he had no conscience or honor. Even though she noticed he must've had some history behind his reason, it really didn't mattered to her. She finally had more leverage in her ill opinion about humans.
"So, you've finally come clean! You have no honor! And no conscience. All you want to do is fight beastly for the sake of it, and even cheat! And you DARE call trolls the bloodthirsty barbarians? At least we kill for food or self defense, not for the damn sake of it like you do!" Angora yelled, finally losing what little composure she had left. She then glared at Orion, angry at him as well for allowing a violent savage like this human into their group. He has heard everything Latnok was saying and admitting, yet he still welcomed Latnok into the group, allowing him to take prisoners like Shade and provoking little ol' her for his own sadistic pleasure. Just what kind of deity he was? She was starting to think she should've let Orion die and let the corrupted Shade alone, even if it meant dooming the world. What good was saving it if creatures with twisted morals like Latnok were going to exist?
---
#1326 Posted: 23:45:00 20/05/2018
"You obviously haven't met all trolls if you think that they all kill for food or self-defense," Latnok said calmly. "If that's all they did, I wouldn't have killed nearly as many as I have so far. Though it does make sense you wouldn't know that, considering you don't even go out and interact with them. And what sense does it make to kill for the sake of it? Killing random creatures risks retaliation, whether on yourself or on your fellow man, so unless it's a complete wipe, you do more harm than good by killing who you don't need to. Please think your comments through instead just saying the first thing that comes to your mind, as is typical of your kind. Though... you are right about one thing. I have no honor. I have never claimed to have honor. What I do have is experience, and the intelligence to use that experience to keep others from harming my fellow man. Tell me... what good will your 'honor' do when you're dead, and the one who killed you isn't? What good will your 'honor' do when they then kill everyone you love and hold dear? Wait... you have never had any allies, any close friends. I see where your views come from. I will forgive your naivety, and hope you come to a better understanding when you have had enough time out of that rock you came from. When you can give me a straight answer to that question, however, from the perspective of someone who has had friends, then I might consider it." Latnok turned away, evidently not finding the conversation worth continuing.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1327 Posted: 00:15:48 21/05/2018
"I guess you're confusing honor with naivety. By your ranting earlier, I assume you trusted somebody, or something, that betrayed you later on." Angora said, showing her strong capability to think, something that most trolls lacked, even if she never wanted to admit it. She believed Latnok was once too trusting, which led to whatever pain he went through. You can have honor without being very trusting, which is something he most likely got wrong.
"Don't judge trolls if you're the same, or worst than them!" she then commented, treating trolls as an individual species just this once to set an example.

Also tired of this racist conversation that Latnok himself started, Angora went with Shade, wanting to show that she was more tolerable of somebody that tried to corrupt and kill her than this human who did nothing but being biased to practically every creature on this flawed world.
"Come on. You want cooked? Open your mouth. Maybe your throat has some remaining heat in it." Angora said, trying to help him and wanting to bring the previous conversation to an end. After making a pointy end on a wodden stick, she picked up Shade's food with it so she could slide it down, staying as away from him as she could.
---
#1328 Posted: 00:53:44 21/05/2018
Latnok wasn't even going to bother riposting the last comment. Too many thoughts were crossing his mind... thoughts of the one he spared... thoughts of turning his back...Not now. The mission.
"You won't find any heat strong enough to cook any meat there," Latnok interjected. "Any heat buildup strong enough to cause any injury to most living things - let alone cooking flesh - will be snuffed out by the collar. You can cook for him when we get to the campsite. I know a place, not far from the river and with enough cover." Latnok could, of course, cook the meat himself with a sustained fire spell, or at least temporarily reduce some of the collar's restrictions - at the end of the day, though, he figured that keeping Shade fearful of him would be better for the group in the long run. Let him become friendly with the others - he'll be reluctant to try anything as long as he knows that I'm not to be trifled with, and have no qualms about doing what needs to be done.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1329 Posted: 01:28:13 21/05/2018
After removing the meat away, she could see Latnok was right. It wasn't even warm. She pitied Shade for being restricted like that, though deep inside, she was glad he was.
"You know, this place is alright. We don't need you to lead us anywhere else." Angora replied, wanting to remain right there. They already walked too much today getting out of that forsaken labyrinth.

She turned her back to Latnok to search for dry leaves and loose branches and accumulated on a pile. She tried a few twigs and a couple of rocks, and after about six to seven minutes, she managed to start a fire, and pointed the stick with the meat at the end, cooking it.
"I hope this can finally make you happy." she said to Shade in a nearly sarcastic voice, the drawing her attention to Latnok.
"See? Trolls are more capable than you think. And I didn't need no stinking magic or special adaptation." she said in retaliation, wanting Latnok to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that she had her own abilities, even if she chose the hard way.
---
#1330 Posted: 01:45:25 21/05/2018
"Very well..." Latnok said, seemingly indifferently. "I will be warding for the next few minutes. Do not disturb me."

Stepping some distance away, he began focusing, entering almost a trance-like state. Warding spells were highly useful at night, to provide protection in addition to any watch, awakening the warder should anything disturb it. He began what appeared to be an incantation - thought not strictly necessary for the spell, the spell required focus, and he found it helped him channel the spell more effectively.

"Tonight we will stand here to rest,
So come the sun, we'll do our best.
To those who come to bring us ill,
These foes we stand ready to kill.
So keep us safe, keep out an eye,
To see where evil things may lie.
For those who live, and those who've gone,
Give us the strength to battle on."

This rhyme he chanted slowly for the next few minutes. A faint line of light, visible only to those in the area at the time of casting, with a radius of 50 feet more or less, slowly became more distinct in the ground.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1331 Posted: 02:15:54 21/05/2018
"Heh, why do I even bother educating him?" Angora said irritantly, convinced that no matter what she did, Latnok will keep his racist and biased views. She let him leave in peace, glad that she was free from his annoying presence... but she spoke too soon.

"What is that idiot doing now? Is he letting every deadly creature know where our location is? Honestly, you! Some deity you are! Allowing that... thing into this group!" Angora said to Orion, focusing her remaining frustration on him. That light was going to attract many unwanted things their way. Just what Latnok think he was doing? Was he attracting dangerous creatures because he needed something to kill?

Whatever the case, Angora didn't let Orion talk back to her, doubting he had a worthwhile reply, so instead she removed the pointy stick from the fire and stabbed the other end to the ground, the meat being ready.
"Here! I won't cook for you anymore! And you, if we end up dead because of that imbecile, I hope it was all worth it for you!" she said once more, talking to Shade and then to Orion, picking up a nearby corner to try and sleep in peace. She tried to remover her armor, but remembered it was magical. Now she would have to sleep with that uncomfortable thing, just another detail to add in her list of things she hated the most.
---
#1332 Posted: 04:07:06 21/05/2018 | Topic Creator
When angora tryed to sleep the armor indeed disappeared to let her sleep comfortably.

Shade looked to her and slowly appoched her. "Miss Angora? Why are you being nice to me? I deserve none of it."
---
SC
#1333 Posted: 06:33:15 21/05/2018
Upon completion of the warding spell, the light changed into a soft, dull glow. Latnok returned to the group.
"The ward is placed," he said, to no one in particular but rather the group as a whole. "Any sapient creatures that are not us who enter the area will alert me, and will be dazed for a second or two. The affected area is marked by a ring of light, visible only to those affected. Now I will be going to sleep. Do not bother me unless it is a serious matter, or if I somehow do not wake up for second watch." Turning his head and pointing at Shade, he said, in a more aggressive tone, "Don't try anything funny with us while we're sleeping. Right now, you can't breathe fire, but do anything else and you won't be breathing air, either."
That said, he walked away, finding a nice rock to rest on. Undoing the fasteners on his armor, he took it off to reveal plain travelers' clothes underneath. He sat down and laid against the rock, and soon began drifting out of consciousness in a position most humans would find unbearable.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1334 Posted: 09:07:13 21/05/2018
Quote: Spyroconvexity
When angora tryed to sleep the armor indeed disappeared to let her sleep comfortably.

Shade looked to her and slowly appoched her. "Miss Angora? Why are you being nice to me? I deserve none of it."

Angora ignored Latnok's comment completely, instead focusing on her armor.
"Serioulsly? That's all I needed to do to take that infernal thing off?" she whispered practically to herself, wondering if sleep time triggered the armor's inactivation. She felt really discouraged nevertheless, for she knew that wasn't permanent and the uncomfortable armor would just magically appear in the morning.

Before continuing with her self complaints, she turned to answer to Shade.
"Oh you're right, you don't. If I'm being kind is to annoy that infernal excuse for a being." Angora said with cruel honesty, pointing at Latnok and demonstrating that she hasn't forgiven Shade for what he did to her, whether if was under dark magic or not. If she was being kind, it was because she had an ulterior motive behind it.
"That biased, ego inflated moron has no right to treat anybody this way. That collar is simply to feel like he has control, cause he's afraid like the coward he is. So you better enjoy this kindness while it lasts." Angora then said, not caring if Latnok heard or not. It was rare the moments she was kind to anybody, and this time, it wasn't out of her own heart. Ignoring her still grumbling stomach, she turned around to sleep, hoping her explanation was enough to avoid Shade from getting a big head about her polite behavior. She was kind to him to irritate Latnok, nothing else. The world was never kind to her, so why should she? This brief kindness was just to make a point.
---
#1335 Posted: 10:40:00 21/05/2018 | Topic Creator
"Thank you." Shade said before going to the fire to see if his food was done cooking.
---
SC
#1336 Posted: 10:48:59 21/05/2018
Angora looked baffled by Shade's comment. Didn't he heard a word she said? She had expected him to be at least a bit offended to learn her kindness wasn't genuine.
"Ugh, this is one of those times where I wish the earth would just swallow me up so I won't have to travel with all of these idiots." Angora whispered to herself, though by idiots, she mostly referred to Latnok. She had been quite tolerable of the group when she first met them, or at least she tried her best to be. It was only when Latnok entered the picture that things got way worse. She was willing to try anything to avoid seeing his face again, even travel underground like a mole if necessary. She even jokingly thought of being willing to enter a black hole or something similar, anything to keep her eyesight away from him.
---
#1337 Posted: 14:22:10 21/05/2018
OOC: Waiting for redwes and cyndego, then potentially a timeskip?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1338 Posted: 14:33:30 21/05/2018
OOC: Up to SC to decide. Both redwes and cyndergo usually take a long time to reply.
---
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#1339 Posted: 15:45:28 21/05/2018
Dex did not say anything. He disappeared for short time and came back with a bird in his mouth. He took a place for himself few meters away from the group and started to eat. Normally he would love free meal, his best talent was to make others do his work for him or atleast make it easy for him. But right now he did not want to say anything, and just try to think what he should do next. After he had eaten he just took a place at nearby rock not even watching the group.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:49:42 21/05/2018 by cyndego
#1340 Posted: 20:00:16 21/05/2018 | Topic Creator
Ooc: sure we can time skip.

Soon shades food was done cooking. He took it off the stick and started to eat.
---
SC
#1341 Posted: 21:35:40 21/05/2018
Angora continued to ignore her still hungry stomach, her sleep being stronger. She was in no mood to get more food, and no leaf or vegetable looked edible. Like every other troll, she hated the taste of veggies, but like with fish, she had learned to eat it when she's unable to catch food. Nevertheless, she was too tired to eat, and closed her eyes to sleep. However, she only managed to doze off, being too overly cautious. She didn't trust anybody there, especially Latnok. Plus, the last time she slept deeply she was tormented though nightmares, courtesy of Shade. To prevent herself for having so many negative thoughts and to sleep well, she decided to climb a tree instead, near Orion. She believed he would be the only one able to stop Latnok if he decided to betray them. Plus, with the tupid tree, the branches and leaves would alert her in case Latnok climbed the tree himself to attack her, or if he used long ranged weapons like arrows or spears to target her, at least they would cushion the impact a little, letting the rest to her strong skin.
---
#1342 Posted: 21:54:28 21/05/2018
Latnok, no stranger to uncomfortable conditions, nevertheless slept well. He had full confidence that none of the others would hurt him - not while they were all set out to do the mission and we're under Orion's direction - with the exception of Shade, and he had the collar for that. As he slept, the collar sent out impulses to Shade, intended to make him drowsy and subdued. The wounds he had sustained that day began rapidly regenerating, leaving no trace but a faint scar. He would be up by second watch; however, he would be able to drop right back into restful sleep immediately afterwards, a training that has gone a long way for the Guardians. Good thing, too, for second and third watch we're generally considered worse than first and fourth watch due to the interruption of sleep.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1343 Posted: 22:37:55 21/05/2018
Angora managed to get only two hours of deep sleep, and even though they were pleasant and dreamless, she eventually woke up again and only managed to doze off for the rest of the way. She would ocasionally look below her to see if there was any activity, and to her peace of mind, Latnok was under her line of sight. He didn't seem to be paying any attention to her, but she wasn't going to take any risks. She was as worried about Latnok as he was of Shade. Speaking of which, she still felt rather sorry for him. Shade looked so meek and mellow now that he wasn't corrupted by whatever evil he had earlier. It could be because of the collar, but she really doubted it. She really wished she could remove the collar herself just to annoy Latnok, but she was certain he put some dirty magic spell or trap to prevent anyone from removing it, so she didn't try it. She saw how the dragolet stick didn't have any meat in it, so at least he could eat. He was unable to breathe fire, but at least he could swallow. It would've been too cruel if he couldn't.
---
#1344 Posted: 23:11:49 21/05/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade felt feey drowsy as he started to nod off. He tryed to resist so hard but the collar was overpowering him. He soon fell asleep near the fire.

Orion kept first watch. He layed below Angora keeping an eye out for danger
---
SC
#1345 Posted: 00:44:05 22/05/2018
Angora looked at the sleeping Shade and it irritated her so much how restrained he was. She knew it was for the best, yet it was still so unfair that Latnok was allowed to feel powerful like this. So typical of a human to have the need to feel like he was the one in control. Angora even started to think that if she hasn't been so pathetically tiny, he would've done the same to her.

After ventilating for a little while, she saw Orion below her. She felt really safe with him, although she was still very upset with the deity for allowing their current predicament. Why a mangy human like Latnok so needed? They managed to complete one mission without him, why couldn't they do it again? Was Orion showing some mercy? Or was he just trying to make him feel important to overcome whatever problem he was facing? Angora didn't care for the reason. It was all so unfair. Latnok did nothing but to expressed his extreme racism against creatures, and he unfortunately made her his main target for it.
---
#1346 Posted: 02:15:57 22/05/2018
Right on cue, Latnok woke up for the second watch, slightly tired but functional. Finding Orion still up with his watch, he headed over. "I'm ready to take the watch. You can go to sleep, or whatever you Galaxy Dragons do when the rest of us sleep." He wasn't expecting anything eventful, but it was always important to remain vigilant. Nevertheless, perhaps he could get some training in...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1347 Posted: 02:25:05 22/05/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade was still sleeping as Latnok woke up. In his sleep his powers were stronger which is why he is able to resist the collar from waking him.

Orion was looking at Shade. "Look at the Dragolet. Tell me what you see."
---
SC
#1348 Posted: 02:31:47 22/05/2018
Angora remained silent, with her eyes half closed. She didn't know if Orion was speaking to her or Latnok, but even if it was the former case, she wasn't willing to answer. She has been observing Shade for a while though, more specifically, his collar. She wanted so badly to sabotage it so that Shade could give Latnok a run for his money, maybe even torch him a little to teach him a lesson.
---
#1349 Posted: 02:44:41 22/05/2018
"Well..." Latnok paused for a moment to think. "What I see... is a creature who we have fought, who came with us willingly after sneaking through security, and who corrupted the Tree of Vitality. A creature that I, nevertheless, have allowed to be spared when he would have been executed. Someone to be wary of, at the very least." There was not a whole lot more to be said - keeping him under wraps was, with the knowledge Latnok had, the practical thing to do.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1350 Posted: 03:03:06 22/05/2018 | Topic Creator
"I know that. But look....he isn't waking up with you. His power seems to be more powerful when he's asleep. He is able to resist the collar in his sleep. I suspect there is more to this Dragolet than we know." Orion said.
---
SC
First | Previous | Page 27 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me