Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 18 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 48 49 50
The legend of Orion (accepting) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#851 Posted: 22:05:37 22/03/2018
Unfortunately, Latnok's combat prescience was only so effective at allowing him to land and avoid attacks; a large part of its effectiveness came from execution, and even that, despite his experience, was fallible. He took a significant blow from Shade's tail and was sent flying across the room, losing the grip on his bow.
"Ugh... not as easy as the other targets, I see..." Latnok groaned. He quickly got back up to his feet and extended an arm out to his bow. The moss on the bow began glowing, and the bow moved into his hands. "Well, then, looks like I'll be able to learn something from this after all," he said with a grin, though it was invisible under his helmet. Ever since the dragon blood ritual, fighting had gone from something he simply did to something he enjoyed, though it's not something he would ever want to admit. He felt the magic in his body intensify in tune with his feeling.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#852 Posted: 22:15:32 22/03/2018
Angora managed to avoid the tail simply because she was inches away from the swap. She knew that if the human had him distracted, she had to act now. She managed to get right below him and then... she strikes as hard as she could to his underbelly. Clearly if the two items had magic had to do double the damage, didn't they? With the stab in place, Angora proceeded to crawl away from below him, knowing that she could get easily crushed or captured if she stayed there for too long...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8628
#853 Posted: 23:05:03 22/03/2018
Not paying attention to the Latnok's casual open comments about hunting dragons and wearing their very hide-- Raclaw set his focus on Shade as he awaited on the human mercenary's signal. 'The underbelly-- of course.," he thought to himself knowing that he lacked some of the more powerful abilities the others had. He had an idea and assuming it would work, it might just give the party an amply chance at hitting his weak point. He closed his eyes for moment and opened them again, using and focusing his telepathic abilities on Shade himself. 'Shade... Shade... over here! I know you want me and now's your chance. I'm up here-- come get me!,' he mentally explained while also attempting to pull off another trick. As he tried to distract Shade with his words, he also sent the mental image of himself flying up and above and preparing a head on attack. It wouldn't last too long, perhaps only a few mere minutes, but perhaps it could work. Meanwhile, his actual self was safely on the ground and preparing to strike at just the right moment.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1476
#854 Posted: 00:02:34 23/03/2018
Darkheart attacked, claws and fangs practically dripping with her dark aura. Her claws, while extended, had the approximate shape of swords. She aimed for his heart. Assuming you have one. Rage had brought her into an almost feral state, and the only sound she made was a snarl. Yet, her expression seemed almost sadistic. If she couldn't take him down without dying... She'd drag him down with her!
Star readied an attack with a dagger made from synthetic dragonsbane, nervous but filled with adrenaline. He hadn't fought a strong foe in a long time. If Shade should come within reach... He'd get hurt. Assuming I synthesized the dragonsbane correctly and that dragonsbane even affects him...
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8650
#855 Posted: 01:09:10 23/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade suddenly exploded in a cloud of shadows. "Hehehe foolish mortals. I cannot be killed!" He then suddenly reappeared behind Darkheart and struck her down with his claws. He then blasted the real Raclaw with a blast of shadows and then turned to the human and swiped at him with his claws. He then turned his attention to Angora. "Heheh your friends are useless!" He then fired a blast of blue fire at her.

Just before the fire hit her the lantern started to glow and suddenly a shield made of emerald appeared as well as armor and a sword made of emerald Crystal.

Shade hissed and backed away. "No! It can't be! The legendary armor!"
---
SC
#856 Posted: 01:22:19 23/03/2018
Latnok agilely sidestepped the claw swipe, with so little space to spare that he could almost see every little nick in Shade's claws. "Well, then, you're a feisty one, aren't you." Everything had a weakness. Everything. Those who boasted of no weakness often had the most to hide. "But the whole god complex? That gets a little old. Nothing I haven't heard before. You may think you're a god, but I'm going to send you straight to hell, like thousands of others." The moss on Latnok's bow began glowing in resonance with his magical energy and that of his surroundings, and the arrows in the ceiling and on the ground that he had previously fired began to glow, just as the living armor appeared.

"Well, well, well... looks like you haven't been making many friends now, have you? Let's finish this." The arrows on the ground pulled themselves out and began flying towards the ones in the ceiling. "Prepare yourselves," he telepathed to his allies.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#857 Posted: 01:30:40 23/03/2018
As Raclaw's plan failed and Latnok began to execute his own, Raclaw gave a slight nod as he got up from where he was blasted. He prepared himself to fly back after taking a brief moment to recover from the previous attack.
---
#858 Posted: 02:12:12 23/03/2018
Quote: Spyroconvexity
Shade suddenly exploded in a cloud of shadows. "Hehehe foolish mortals. I cannot be killed!" He then suddenly reappeared behind Darkheart and struck her down with his claws. He then blasted the real Raclaw with a blast of shadows and then turned to the human and swiped at him with his claws. He then turned his attention to Angora. "Heheh your friends are useless!" He then fired a blast of blue fire at her.

Just before the fire hit her the lantern started to glow and suddenly a shield made of emerald appeared as well as armor and a sword made of emerald Crystal.

Shade hissed and backed away. "No! It can't be! The legendary armor!"

Angora looked at her new equipment with delighted amazement. For a moment she truly believed she was going to be burned to a crisp, but now, she even looked noble in her new outfit.
Well then, it didn't happened quite like this the last time. Heh, I knew I could count on you." she said with a smile, almost as if talking to her weapons. With newfound confidence, she glared at Shade and approached him, having death written in her eyes.
"What is it beast? Disappointed you couldn't incinerate me?" she taunted, feeling amazing. She felt like she was swimming in magic, but not Shade's poisonous kind. This was a nice feeling. She was ready to take on Shade face to face and destroy him once and for all...
---
#859 Posted: 02:33:33 23/03/2018
At that moment, the arrows hit the ceiling, and, in conjunction with that, Latnok sent out a wave of unstable magical energy directed at all of the arrows in the various parts of the ceiling so far. In tandem, they violently exploded, just like the arrow that had been disintegrated by Shadr, except the reactions n of all of them was even greater than each individual one. With that, the ceiling immediately overhead began to collapse.

"Brace yourselves. If this doesn't work, strike when he's recovering." Though Latnok did not have the capability to create barriers, he could deflect falling debris, to some degree, as long as the brunt was out of his way - which he sought to ensure with his positioning.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#860 Posted: 03:47:16 23/03/2018
Darkheart didn't even flinch or cry out from pain. Instead, she simply collapsed. "Ugh..." She began to growl as her dark aura faded. Is this the end?
Star stumbled back at the explosion. His right eye opened. "I'll need to study this... 'Magic'." As he prepared to activate a force field to protect himself, he noticed that Darkheart wasn't moving. Thinking quickly, he rushed in and dropped the shield generator over Darkheart. Unfortunately, he couldn't avoid injury. A piece of rubble hit him in the back, and he was certain he heard a crack. "Gahhhhhhhhhhh..." He managed to get away before the tingling turned into numbness. "I... I can't feel my hind legs..." Pulling out his last flashbang, he threw it at Shade. This one WASN'T a dud, and Star activated the sound dampeners on his headphones. "Flashbang on the way, cover your ears!" The flashbang went off. I hope it stuns Shade long enough for the others to finish him off, assuming he survives the rubble... I think my back's broken...
---
#861 Posted: 09:40:02 23/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade shielded himself with his wings. He hissed and backed away from Angora. "He breathed his blue fire at her again.
---
SC
#862 Posted: 12:38:51 23/03/2018
Angora used her new shield to block the attack. Even though it was successful, she was closer to Shade this time and could feel the fire's near unbearable heat. Trolls had very hard skin, almost like an armor, and could withstand heat and cold better than many other creatures, but Shade was a different case. Despite the close call, Angora noticed how Shade was concentration his attacks on her despite everyone else attacking him as well. She finally concluded that whatever magic was working on her, Shade was afraid of it, which is why she was the main target.
"Fire fire fire. Is that all you can do you jerk?" Angora taunted, wanting Shade to tackle her himself so she could get below him and strike. She didn't really wanted to fight, but she was willing to destroy Shade or die trying. It was the only way to get him to leave her alone.
---
#863 Posted: 20:46:16 23/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade growled and charged at her.
---
SC
#864 Posted: 21:08:41 23/03/2018
Angora remained in place, as composed as ever.
"Come on. Come closer until I see the ugly white of your eyes." she whispered, frozen in place, preparing her new sword for the final strike. She had to get it right or else she would probably doomed herself and the group! When Shade practically got face to face, she dodged as best as she could and swiped, leaving everything to chance and shield...
---
#865 Posted: 22:11:59 23/03/2018
Latnok paid heed to the fight. Hmm... Maybe I can nudge things just slightly...

With his combat prescience, he saw several possibilities. Ones where Angora struck. Ones where she missed. Ones where she died. He telepathed to her a vision of Shade's exact next move. Would she be able to use it as well as he could? He didn't know, but it was worth a try.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#866 Posted: 03:35:25 24/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade tried to dogge the attack but his side got sliced. "Gah!" He hissed and growled "You're skilled." He growled. "This isn't over!" With that he disappeared in a cloud of black smoke.
---
SC
#867 Posted: 04:06:56 24/03/2018
Angora saw what Shade was about to do, and was furious beyond reason.
"Oh no you don't you dirty coward! That's how you escaped last time!" she yelled, rushing to the smoke to try and capture him before he could disappear. She won't tolerate Shade running away in the middle of a battle just so he could recover and repeat this insane pattern of injury and recovery all the time. Angora wasn't willing to go on a wild goose chase every time he chickened out of a fight...
---
#868 Posted: 05:57:52 24/03/2018
Darkheart and Star both growled at Shade's trick. Star actually shouted "Not even I would run away from a fight just because my opponent has gotten a hit or two in! I would've thought a wannabe god would've had more pride than to run away like a dog with its tail tucked between its legs! Besides, we've got methods of fighting you even if we can't see you!" Activating an emergency gadget, he cried out in pain as it forced his legs to move. Then a wicked smirk crossed his face as he opened his right eye. "I was specifically trained in fighting opponents who hide where they are, my species is talented at such tricks, though my Clan considered it dishonorable." He paused briefly as memories flooded back. His voice became deadpan. "My entire Clan was slaughtered because I didn't fight to protect them, instead taking a roundabout method... I won't let that sort of thing happen again." He threw a knife into the smoke, having used his training to try to guess just where Shade was.
Darkheart tried to catch her breath. I won't die! Not yet. I need to hold on, I want to do something... Heroic... Before I pass on, I must help in this one task! She struggled to get up. Shade had hit her harder than she'd let on.

OOC: Star is SAVAGE with that insult. And also a tad depressed about what he lost, but he's still going to try to help Angora, even if he doesn't have the legendary armor to back him up. Shade has crossed a few too many lines for Star to hold back anymore.
---
#869 Posted: 09:49:05 24/03/2018 | Topic Creator
When the smoke cleared Shade was on the ground. Wounded.
---
SC
#870 Posted: 12:25:52 24/03/2018
Angora was grasping his neck. She didn't know if he managed to teleport away or if they were still in his lair, but she knew with all certainty that she wasn't going to let him escape.
"Enough running away! You die now!" she said with malice, feeling so much hatred for Shade that she even took some time to sheath her new sword and hone it, getting ready to behead him and end his mad torture once and for all...
---
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#871 Posted: 12:26:08 24/03/2018
"I have to do something now" Dex thought and sneaked behind Raclaw " here it goes" Dex thought And made a fast move to attack Raclaw.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#872 Posted: 13:05:55 24/03/2018
As soon as Latnok foresaw Shade coming out wounded, he charged a magic cancellation arrow, which he took the opportunity to fire at Shade as he was coming out. He then foresaw the attack on Raclaw.

Without missing a beat, Latnok quickly charged the arrow he had with a weighting spell, designed to make the target feel drastically heavier, and shot it at Dex, while telepathing the attack to Raclaw. "Watch out," he warned Raclaw telepathically.

OOC: Edited for readability. Also, bonus points for anyone who can guess the etymology of Latnok's name.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:41:44 24/03/2018 by A Guy
#873 Posted: 17:51:58 24/03/2018
OOC: A Guy, the character attacking Raclaw is DEX, cyndego is the player.

Darkheart managed a snarl, struggling to get up, and managing it from pure rage. Glaring at Shade she managed a few words. "Die. Now." Before it becomes more painful.
Star decided to toy with Shade. He noted "Looks like you've got a few problems. Howsabout you just surrender and we'll give you the most merciful fate possible." He whispered to Angora "Which is death. We have no mercy for him, just as he had none for you. Personally, I'm hoping he says he'll surrender, I wanna see his expression as he dies. I wanna know his reaction to exact words being used against him." His Illusion was flickering, showing brief glimpses of various things. I'm at the end of my rope. If we don't finish this soon, the machinery could kill me due to forcing my body to keep going long after I should've stopped. But that's not a concern. The Zorua had a worrying grin on his face as he looked at Shade.
---
#874 Posted: 19:42:26 24/03/2018
OOC: Fixed.

"Surrender? Like hell, I need my reward," Latnok asserted. "I didn't come all this way just to let some monster off the hook."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:44:17 24/03/2018 by A Guy
#875 Posted: 22:07:03 24/03/2018 | Topic Creator
When Angora tried beheading the sword stopped her from doing the final blow. "he is not the true enemy." a voice said in her head.
---
SC
#876 Posted: 00:18:29 25/03/2018
Angora was startled, the sword stopping her from doing what she has been desiring for a long while now.
"What? You! Are you getting in my head again?" Angora asked Shade furiously, but finishing the sentence made her realize that the voice wasn't his.
"Now what am I suppose to do? I'm losing it?" Angora said furiously, the sword refusing to obey her, but she believed she was the cause. Shade has bring enough misery to her, and was inches away from destroying the world. How was it possible that he wasn't the enemy?
---
#877 Posted: 00:27:17 25/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Suddenly the sword began to glow and a figure with the same emerald armor appeared before them.
---
SC
#878 Posted: 02:26:41 25/03/2018
Quote: cyndego
"I have to do something now" Dex thought and sneaked behind Raclaw " here it goes" Dex thought And made a fast move to attack Raclaw.
Quote: A Guy
Without missing a beat, Latnok quickly charged the arrow he had with a weighting spell, designed to make the target feel drastically heavier, and shot it at Dex, while telepathing the attack to Raclaw. "Watch out," he warned Raclaw telepathically.

Raclaw quickly responded to the warning, taking the slight second opportunity to attempt to fly up just out of range. Little did he know, however-- that he had managed to get himself almost within range of the arrow and it had a 50/50 chance of hitting ether of them depending on the fox-like creature reacted. Still, he appreciated the warning and wished he could've been of more help in the fight. His attempt to fool the dragon-god-rival had failed miserably and it almost seemed as if the others were hesitating. He only hoped that this wouldn't end in Shade getting away again.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:29:11 25/03/2018 by redwes
#879 Posted: 03:37:24 25/03/2018
Star stared in utter confusion at the emerald-clad visitor arrived. "What the... Who the heck are YOU? No, WHAT are you, and why are you interrupting this? Angora, what stopped you, and why? You were about to lop his head off?"
Darkheart had recovered enough to rush at Shade and was so blinded with pure rage and hate that she didn't notice the emerald-clad warrior as she brought her claws down to strike the fatal blow and end Shade's life once and for all. "DIE ALREADY!!!"
---
#880 Posted: 16:23:14 25/03/2018 | Topic Creator
He claws were suddenly stopped by so sort of shield. "Do not attack him anymore! He is not doing this under his own will." The figure said.
---
SC
#881 Posted: 16:38:55 25/03/2018
"This stupid sword won't obey me!" Angora replied to Darkheart, angry at the intrusion, but then focused on what the stranger just said.
"Fine! Then who's pulling the strings?" she quickly asked, furious at the clad figure button in in their battle and avoiding Shade's destruction. She didn't take her eyes off the downed dragolet.
---
#882 Posted: 18:31:12 25/03/2018
Darkheart turned towards the stranger with a snarl, but restrained herself.
Star snapped "Spit it out already! If he's not the enemy, who is?" It's getting hard to breath now, I need to shut this device off... Turning off the machinery, he collapsed, coughing badly. "Arrghhhh..." I pushed myself way too far with that...
---
#883 Posted: 19:35:53 25/03/2018
Angora watched as Darkheart went out like a robot who just got wet, and seemed unaffected by the bizarre behavior.
"Ok then, you! Talk! Who should we be after? I've had enough of the weirdness dose today." she commented, feeling very much uneasy by the odd group she was in.
---
#884 Posted: 20:22:18 25/03/2018 | Topic Creator
"Allow me to introduce myself I am Neo, spirt guardian of the lantern and companion of Orion. As for your question Shade isn't your enemy. The darkness within him is." He then walked up to shade and his hand began to glow green and he seemed to pull out a black orb from his body. "This is the darkness that was corrupting him."
---
SC
#885 Posted: 21:02:50 25/03/2018
Angora wasn't convinced. This was too sudden and too bizzare to be really what was going on.
"I don't buy this... just how all of the sudden you appear telling us what's really happening? How can we know that thing you're holding is really the cause?" Angora asked, the scene too complicated to comprehend.
---
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#886 Posted: 21:29:54 25/03/2018
Quote: redwes
Quote: cyndego
Quote: A Guy

Raclaw quickly responded to the warning, taking the slight second opportunity to attempt to fly up just out of range. Little did he know, however-- that he had managed to get himself almost within range of the arrow and it had a 50/50 chance of hitting ether of them depending on the fox-like creature reacted. Still, he appreciated the warning and wished he could've been of more help in the fight. His attempt to fool the dragon-god-rival had failed miserably and it almost seemed as if the others were hesitating. He only hoped that this wouldn't end in Shade getting away again.

Dex did not see the arrow at all and made a move following Raclaw he was just getting his fangs at Raclaw, but then the arrow hit his leg. What he had in fact done was save Raclaw from the arrow. Dex fell to the ground " Damn this!" He shouted. He could not move so he thought he would be killed soon" Ou the Irony, the last thing a killer does is to save somebody he is trying to kill. That must be the bigest fail of my life." He said looking at the Group. The arrow started to melt because of his poisonous blood, which is almost like a acid. But the damage to his leg was there still and his blood was in fact now moving faster out of his leg because the arrow was gone. He was just lying on the ground waiting what the group would do.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#887 Posted: 23:13:40 25/03/2018
Darkheart looked in Dex's direction just as the fox attacked. Another burst of rage and adrenaline led her to roar and lunge at him. "Traitor!" She didn't make it even halfway across the room before losing momentum, flailing a bit, and crashing. "OW!" She could've leapt across the room with ease before, was she really too worn out now.
Star looks directly into Dex's eye, his expression saying what he could not. Another betrayal, another day. Treachery didn't faze the Zorua anymore.
---
#888 Posted: 23:16:54 25/03/2018
As Raclaw successfully avoided both the attack and the arrow-- he soon discovered why. He soon landed again, discovering not one but two downed foes both of whom still had at least an chance of surviving. As the group focused on the formerly corrupt Shade, he focused on the fox-turned-traitor Dex. He placed his paw on the bloodied leg, pushing on the open would and slowing the bleeding down even if only a little. 'Just tell me... why?,' he spoke directly into Dex's mind curious and feeling a little guilty letting the poor creature take the fall for him.
---
#889 Posted: 23:47:26 25/03/2018
Noting the arrow hitting its mark, Latnok instinctually grabbed another one to follow up. Upon seeing Raclaw move to comfort the assailant, however, he decided to leave them be for now, instead training his arrow on the head of fallen Shade, not caring for the whole apparent possession, and began charging it with a penetration spell.

"I'm not buying it. Best to finish this here and now." He felt no sympathy towards this creature, and saw no value in preserving it.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#890 Posted: 04:03:41 26/03/2018 | Topic Creator
"How else do you think that lantern is glowing? Burning oil?" The black orb went into the lantern and it seemed to glow brighter.
---
SC
#891 Posted: 06:46:01 26/03/2018
Star fumed. "I'm calling BULL****! HOW DOES THAT EVEN MAKE SENSE? You don't make light by burning darkness, that's completely unscientific! Not even my Illusions are that unscientific!" Nevertheless, he turned his head away and forced his fur to stop bristling. All this 'magic' was hurting his head. "If you'll excuse me, I need a thousand-year nap."
---
#892 Posted: 21:35:33 26/03/2018 | Topic Creator
"Magic doesn't need to make sense." Neo said.
---
SC
#893 Posted: 23:52:57 26/03/2018
After a while of silence, Angora spoke again.
"Well, I don't care if this makes sense or not, I just want that... thing to leave me alone!" she yelled, pointing at Shade. Whoever this individual with the cape was, removed the supposed darkness within him, so will that mean it's finally over? She had enough of Shade taunting her both awake and asleep...
---
#894 Posted: 01:43:30 27/03/2018 | Topic Creator
"Shade is harmless now. But I fear the darkness will return." Neo then returned to the lantern. "I will be with you. Use those weapons wisely.-"
---
SC
#895 Posted: 02:24:15 27/03/2018
Enough posturing. After some internal debate, Latnok fired the arrow he had been aiming at Shade. This is for the best.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#896 Posted: 02:32:12 27/03/2018
Angora, the last individual you would expect to interfere, intercepted the arrow with her sword. She believed herself to be crazy for doing something like this and actually believe the entity of the lantern, but she wanted to see for herself if all of it was true.
"Not yet! I want to see if that... thing was right!" Angora said to Latnok, knowing too well the risk she was taking by keeping Shade alive. Still on top of him, she jumped to wake him up.
"You! Open your eyes! I won't battle a sleeping beast!" she said with disdain, still ready to fight if all of that thing about a darkness was just a charade...
---
#897 Posted: 03:09:32 27/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade stirred and slowly opened his eyes. When he did his eye color wasn't red anymore it returned to its normal red color. "W-what happened?" He tryed to get up but his wounds prevented him. "GAH!"
---
SC
#898 Posted: 03:30:41 27/03/2018
Angora didn't got off. She was still on top of him, preventing thing up. Despite not weighing much, his words made it very easy to sustain him.
"Tell us, what do you know? What do you want to do?" Angora asked, putting him to the test. She wanted to make sure he was harmless now.
---
#899 Posted: 03:51:38 27/03/2018
Raclaw stayed by Dex's side and watched the group's interactions, despite the fox's previous actions. If Shade was influenced by some kind of darkness-- then it was possible though not entirely likely the same was true for Dex as well. And he wasn't going to quickly abandon that possibility.
---
#900 Posted: 09:32:38 27/03/2018 | Topic Creator
"I don't know what you're talking about. Who are you people?" Shade said.
---
SC
First | Previous | Page 18 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me