Page 1 of 1
What's your play-style?
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1 Posted: 01:20:45 21/05/2017 | Topic Creator
When you play Skylanders, how do you play? Are you more of a skillful fighter who attacks from a distance, or are you the kind of player that likes to get up close?

I'm personally more of a powerhouse with my gameplay. I use the more stocky characters that are slower but stronger, and I like running right into a crowd of enemies and just going nuts. I don't mind losing some health points if it means taking down lots of enemies. I'd just jump straight into the action and go for it. I prefer close up characters than ranged ones. Thus, characters that fit into the Brawler, Smasher, Swashbuckler, Sentinel or Knight classes are my usually my favorites. However, I still appreciate ranged characters every now and again, such as Quickshots or Bowslingers - as long as they are powerful and able to deal out blows quickly. Tidepool, Trigger Happy and Ro-Bow comes to mind.

So, how about you guys. How do you play?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:59:59 22/05/2017 by Chompy-King257
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1669
#2 Posted: 07:00:57 21/05/2017
i play fast, strong and distanced skylanders
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#3 Posted: 12:26:34 21/05/2017
Well I use all characters but I'd say I prefer fast and/or ranged characters like Hex, Stealth Elf, Aurora, Zap, Spitfire, Gearshift (though she can also be close-ranged), Roller Brawl, Golden Queen, Flare Wolf, Smolderdash, Starcast etc. I'd say I play more carefully, making sure I don't get hit. She isn't fast nor ranged, but Nightfall is also that type of character where you need a strategy and play careful.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#4 Posted: 13:46:43 21/05/2017
Mid to long range, but I also like using the risky technical abilities to have more fun.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#5 Posted: 16:23:03 21/05/2017
I prefer using fast characters like roller brawl , fire quick shot and such.
I enjoy playing with close range and far range charcerts as long as they're not super slow like the Giants.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#6 Posted: 16:50:58 21/05/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
skillful fighter who attacks from a distance

LOL, isn't that an oxymoron? Ranged characters don't require (much) skill in this game. Their attacks are usually either very fast or home in on enemies. smilie

My playstyle is usually to play a punchy or smashy character with the speed to hit and run against larger foes. I also like bulkier brawlers with decent mid-range attacks or AoE (like Eyebrawl with his combo upgrades).

My roommate likes characters she can sit in one place to blast enemies with, like Hex--she'll throw a wall of bones up and then rain skulls on everything until it's all dead. She also likes speedy characters so she can zip by and take all the money before I can get to it. smilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#7 Posted: 18:18:50 21/05/2017
Grave Clobber and chill with non-existent bae
Xjmmjbn Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#8 Posted: 20:53:29 21/05/2017
My playstyle depends on what's best for the skylander I am using (and I often randomy pick which skylander to use.)
---
Call me X, if you will. I've given you all you need to know to find out my true name, but then why am I using a pseudonym?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#9 Posted: 21:28:28 21/05/2017
melee oriented, mainly fast paced, but pretty much any style I'll enjoy.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
ZygardePerfecto Green Sparx Gems: 466
#10 Posted: 14:16:48 22/05/2017
Brute Force, baby. Grave Clobber allows for such a thing. I never get sick of just pulverizing my opponents as they stand helpless to my onslaught of powerful blows.

Guess that's why I love playing Little Mac in Smash.
---
Salamence is best Dragon.

Fight me.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:23:24 22/05/2017 by ZygardePerfecto
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#11 Posted: 15:37:14 22/05/2017
Fast, light attacks, like a glass cannon.
---
Soon.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#12 Posted: 17:00:14 22/05/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark

That is not what "glass cannon" means. A glass cannon is something with insanely powerful attacks but little to no defense.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#13 Posted: 19:57:56 22/05/2017
I seem to go for fast, ranged and melee characters. Melee close up faves of mine like smilie, smilie, smilie and smilie while I do like ranged characters like smilie, smilie, smilie and smilie.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
kczportalmaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#14 Posted: 07:56:59 23/05/2017
most damage to defeat enemys
and
luck to get money faster
---
go home villains your all drunk off for your G()D DVWN @5535
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#15 Posted: 18:41:49 23/05/2017
I've thought about this, and in regards to the OP's question, I'm a close range or mid range fighter. The main reason that I've had for this (that has been true ever since Skylanders Giants) is that I hate it when enemies end up offscreen (if you run past them when they're attacking to re-establish range for example, but then you can't see them anymore). For me, it's a big deal to be able to see what my enemy is doing, since it bugs me when I don't know where they are and I get blindsided by attacks. I have generally liked using Skylanders like Volcanor Eruptor, Slam Bam or Series 1--3 Stealth Elf for example who run around the enemy, looking for the slightest opening to let loose with a massively powerful attack like Volcanor Eruptor's eruption, Slam Bam's punches or Stealth Elf's Attack 1, Attack 1, HOLD Attack 3 combo. Skylanders like Cynder and Sonic Boom usually deal with things from mid range. Since these Skylanders are a lot weaker now in Imaginators, more modern examples of these would include Skylanders like King Pen, Hood Sickle, Chain Reaction, Boom Bloom, my light knight, Gardenia, my undead swashbuckler, Captain Bones and my earth ninja, Slushy the Snowman (you read this right). I also value speed over power and pass through movement.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#16 Posted: 13:54:57 24/05/2017
I like fast and strong melee Skylanders who I can rush into a hoard with, Leeroy Jenkins style. But if I'm up against a really big and strong enemy or two, I like to use ranged Skylanders. Overall though, I'm all for melee; in fact, most of the Skylanders I got in Trap Team and Imaginators are swordsmen.
Living Joker Green Sparx Gems: 196
#17 Posted: 16:42:34 25/05/2017
If you want to survive nightmare difficulty, you need at the very least a speedy Skylander or/also a ranged one. I've had the most fun using characters with useful abilities relevant to their design who also have some kind of dash or turrets. Doom's shield was fun to play with when it worked too.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#18 Posted: 21:12:32 25/05/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws
Quote: emeraldzoroark

That is not what "glass cannon" means. A glass cannon is something with insanely powerful attacks but little to no defense.

I was thinking of characters like Stealth Elf and Deja Vu at the time. I should have been more specific.
---
Soon.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#19 Posted: 01:12:22 26/05/2017
Hit and run. Fast is good. I used to do speed heroics first. Or some other kind of evasive maneuver like Stealth Elf, Starcast, Mysticat, or Thrillipe. Power it's good, but I'll trade a bit for a dash attack to keep me from dying.
---
Any last wishes?
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#20 Posted: 01:51:28 26/05/2017
[User Posted Image]

- - -
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me