Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Okay, let's Talk About FaithSDK's Fan Model
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Okay, let's Talk About FaithSDK's Fan Model
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#51 Posted: 23:47:50 07/05/2018
Thanks for summing up my thoughts about this model, Sess.

I wouldn’t use such strong words, but while Faith’s ability is indeed impressive and his models are very well made they are still light years away from Spyro’s new official one, under many points of view.

I do prefer certain differences and details over it (can’t figure out why they decided to color the final part of the tail yellow either, it almost makes him feel like a plastic toy) but I aso acknowledge they are very minor nitpicks which absolutely don’t affect the overall quality of a professionists-made work created by very talented and probably equally passionate people.

Poses and expressions comparisons aren’t really fair either, because in these case they were carefully thought out to give out the best result possible while the ones we got of the remakes are basically frames of complex animations (except the first Tree Tops one, which I agree makes him look off and gave me a rather bad first impression).
They really don’t give us the correct idea of what the final scene is going to look like.

Still, I’d take his Reignited model over the official Enter the Dragonfly’s one anyday.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:51:16 07/05/2018 by Drek95
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#52 Posted: 03:31:01 08/05/2018
Because of course one person is supposed to be able to match or exceed the ability of an entire organization's team? one person who is doing this in their free time for fun, working on these models for several months on end deserves to be compared to Toys for Bob/ Insomniac and have their worked stripped down, mocked, and ridiculed, because of course you people sitting on y'alls ass *****ing on a forum can do better, right? of course I figure as much. Do you people honestly think this model is meant to be competition or something? Oh, and screw artistic liberties too while we're at it. FaithSDK isn't allowed to do their own artistic interpretation either, because the models have to be right exact and screw all else if it isn't.
#53 Posted: 03:47:02 08/05/2018
Quote: ViceEmargo
Faith's model is very impressive. It takes a more cartoony approach to ReIgnited. Less definition on lighting.
Their models are second to none unofficial, as I've seen nothing else but the actually Reignited model to rival it.
Also Bryman, stop "Bry-Knighting."

It's not supposed to rival any official Spyro model by any means whatsoever. that's the point I want to make very clear. it's simply a really well done model that I wanted to share originally out of admiration.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:47:53 08/05/2018 by Bryman04
#54 Posted: 08:48:47 08/05/2018
Uuuh, I absolutely didn’t want to bash Faith nor his/her work.
I was just giving my opinion on the subject of comparing his Reignited Spyro model to the official model, since other users did the same.

Curious how no one complained about this as long as the comments remained positive.
I really don’t think we should compare the two models for that exact same reason: he/she has done a truly amazing work but it just isn’t fair to put it next to a professionists’ one.
Same goes for basically all the other models used for Spyro fan-games, which lack that certain professionality despite looking jaw-droppingly incredible to someone who wouldn’t even know where to start to create one.

That being said I also specified how I still prefer his Reignited interpretation over the official Enter the Dragonfly model, despite being a completely different style.
I think that is a far bigger compliment than the rest of the criticism.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#55 Posted: 18:58:47 08/05/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
"You can't do it, so you can't criticize it"

Alright then. Guess I shouldn't criticize the Reignited model either, huh? Or how about a majority of us don't criticize a ton of things, cause I'm sure there's a lot that some of us can't do?
That kind of mindset is narrow-minded and doesn't get anything accomplished, nor does it allow for growth whatsoever.

But also take into consideration that I never said that it was "bad", nor was I trying to "mock" it or anything of the sort. I just personally don't like it as much. (That isn't the same as not liking it at all, as I do like the model, just not as much)
I know that it's just one person working on it, but that doesn't make it free from criticism.

Calm down and stop white knighting, you're making yourself look ignorant.

it's not so much as that I'm against constructive critism, but posting a video that says, "wow, look nothing!" and then taking a dig at by comparing it to a cheap Redbox movie isn't a good way to go about it, is it? other users such as Bifrost and Drawdler describe what the model does well and what it doesn't do well, and I haven't had a problem with that. Exuse me for not acknowledging you being impressed by it when you offhandly say it isn't bad but say nothing else but what I came across upon as insults, such as preferring it would be idiotic.

Quote: Drek95
Uuuh, I absolutely didn’t want to bash Faith nor his/her work.
I was just giving my opinion on the subject of comparing his Reignited Spyro model to the official model, since other users did the same.

Curious how no one complained about this as long as the comments remained positive.
I really don’t think we should compare the two models for that exact same reason: he/she has done a truly amazing work but it just isn’t fair to put it next to a professionists’ one.
Same goes for basically all the other models used for Spyro fan-games, which lack that certain professionality despite looking jaw-droppingly incredible to someone who wouldn’t even know where to start to create one.

That being said I also specified how I still prefer his Reignited interpretation over the official Enter the Dragonfly model, despite being a completely different style.
I think that is a far bigger compliment than the rest of the criticism.

Funny, seeing how as ever since I first came across FaithSDK's models and wanted to show
my appreciation of them by sharing it here more than over a year and half ago, I've been seeing several people here take shots at it. I would like to think of myself as one to not immediately lash out, but I couldn't bite my tongue forever.
and you're absolutely damn right that it is unfair to compare a fan model to a professional one.

In the end this topic was created to show appreciation for what the Spyro community has put forth effort upon.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#56 Posted: 19:46:18 08/05/2018
I like this model

But I personally prefer the actual Reignited model, it just looks better in every way
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#57 Posted: 23:56:04 08/05/2018
Quote: Bryman04
Funny, seeing how as ever since I first came across FaithSDK's models and wanted to show
my appreciation of them by sharing it here more than over a year and half ago, I've been seeing several people here take shots at it. I would like to think of myself as one to not immediately lash out, but I couldn't bite my tongue forever.
and you're absolutely damn right that it is unfair to compare a fan model to a professional one.

See, that’s the “problem”.
You shouldn’t need to bite your tongue, nor feel like defending these models, because nobody here is bashing them nor their autor in the first place.

Sure, some criticism might be harsher than other but in the end we are just sharing our opinions.
I haven’t read anything which remotely suggests these are bad works, nor that their maker is an inept or anything similar.
It’s fine to do this with the Reignited Trilogy as it is with any other project or product, while keeping in mind what we are talking about of course.

I do agree Faith’s Sparx looks better than the official model, the bigger pupils are such a small detail but improve the overall design a lot.
Not sure if he/she also shrunk down his frontal legs, but they don’t look as “arm-like” as they do on the original model, at least compared to the other four.
The image itself would work perfectly inside an old-style instructions booklet.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:01:18 09/05/2018 by Drek95
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me